Episode 2 - Maritime Museum.   Posted by The Powers That Be.Group: 0
Maritime Museum Parking Log
Sun 8 Apr 2018
at 11:48
Maritime Museum
Ellie's joy is short lived when the Blue Earringed Vampire instead of collapsing delivers a spinning kick to Ellie's midsection.  Although she was surprised Ellie uses the momentum of the kick to roll backwards and regain a standing position.  Through gritted teeth she murmurs, "Ow, you git.  These are brand new jeans they had better not be ripped."

G and Lilah both see the figure a few buildings away is a woman in grey cloak despite the relatively warm weather.  She watches for a few more seconds, then spins around slowly and walks out of sight.  If you had to pick one word for what she was doing you would say .... Assessing.

Status
Ellie and Sheila Anne are engaged with the Blue Earring Vamp
Jack, Jimmy, G, and Lilah are "free" ; G and Lilah are observing something a few buildings away.

G Condition: Bruise(1) Hero Points: 3
Sheila Anne Condition: Normal Hero Points: 2
Delilah Condition: Normal Hero Points: 4
Jack Condition: Normal Hero Points: 3
Jimmy Condition: Bruise(1) Hero Points:1
Ellie Condition: Bruise(1)Shaken(-2 on Attack, Save, Check rolls)Hero Points: 3

Sheila Anne MacKenzie
 player, 47 posts
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 02:36
Maritime Museum
Sheila's kick off the wall takes her to the Blue Earring wearing vampire is fighting her friend Ellie. She spins in midair and uses the momentum of the swing as she aims for the vamp's neck, somewhat angry the foul thing kicked Ellie who was not the fighter Sheila was.


22:35, Today: Sheila Anne MacKenzie rolled 15 using 1d20+4.  Slayer Slash!

Jack Uralesh
 player, 23 posts
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 12:42
Maritime Museum
Jack decides to start closing in on Blue Earring.
"Foul beast! Away to the pits that spawned thee!"

ooC

09:43, Today: Jack Uralesh rolled 15 using 1d20.  SWING AT BLUE EARRING.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:44, Wed 11 Apr 2018.

G Bonange
 player, 29 posts
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 14:42
Maritime Museum
"Hey, did you guys see..." G turns, and suddenly realizes the momentum of combat continues. It does, however, look like a three-on-one fight, and the way he's already hurting, he looks to Lilah with a very questioning, 'do you think we should get involved again?' expression.
Lilah Crane
 player, 27 posts
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 15:16
Maritime Museum
Lilah stared up for a while, certain she saw someone watching them.  Could have been a vampire, or just one of those random rooftop hobos she had heard so much about, although at this point it was anyone's guess.  Either way, they didn't seem to want to join the party.

Turning to G, she shrugged after catching a glimpse of the action in the background. "Yeah, saw someone up there.  Probably not important.  As for the fight..."  Her voice trailed off as both Jack and Sheila renewed their onslaught.  "At this point I'd just get in the way."  She certainly could try magic again, but wasn't in the mood for another romantic date with the pavement.
G Bonange
 player, 30 posts
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 17:45
Maritime Museum
G gave Lilah a bit of a sidelong-smile. "Hey look, not everyone's a swing-your-sword-around-and-disintigrate people type. Some of us gotta stand on the sidelines, scope out future threats, and look damn good doing it, right?"
Lilah Crane
 player, 28 posts
Fri 13 Apr 2018
at 10:44
Maritime Museum
Lilah grinned. "You do have a way with words, I'd be a fool to disagree.  Oh, almost forgot."  She turned to Jimmy and patted him on the elbow. "G, this is Jimmy.  Jimmy, meet G."
Maritime Musuem Parking Lot
Fri 13 Apr 2018
at 14:18
Maritime Museum
Jimmy stays facing the combat as he quickly glances at G and gives a firm handshake, "Talk about meeting in strange places."  Continuing to face the combat he asks falteringly, "Did I just see a couple of them disappear after those two hit them ???"

The purple earringed vampire turns away from Sheila Anne's stab so that the knife glances off of her shoulder, but doesn't do any noticeable damage.  She then uses her forearm to deftly guide Jack's axe away from her.  She continues her movement in a spinning arc and smashes an elbow into Jack's face.  Blood starts to run out of Jack's left nostril.

09:57, Today: The Powers That Be, on behalf of Jack Uralesh, rolled 12 using 1d20+2.  Toughness Save DC 19.
09:57, Today: The Powers That Be, for the NPC Purple Earring, rolled 20 using 1d20+2.  vs Jack Def 12.
09:48, Today: The Powers That Be, for the NPC Purple Earring, rolled 23 using 1d20+6.  Toughness Save DC 20.
09:48, Today: The Powers That Be, for the NPC Purple Earring, rolled 26 using 1d20+6.  Toughness Save DC 19.


As Sheila Anne and Jack step into the fray Ellie backs up a few steps and bumps into Jimmy.  A somewhat awkward "Gah!" escapes her mouth as she spins towards G with both fists clenched in front of her face.  She laughs nervously as she realizes G is not attacking her.  "First impressions are important and apparently I am a ninny."

Status
Sheila Anne and Jack are engaged with the Blue Earring Vamp
Ellie, Jimmy, G, and Lilah are "free"

G Condition: Bruise(1) Hero Points: 3
Sheila Anne Condition: Normal Hero Points: 2
Delilah Condition: Normal Hero Points: 4
Jack Condition: Bruise(1), Stunned Hero Points: 3
Jimmy Condition: Bruise(1) Hero Points:1
Ellie Condition: Bruise(1)Shaken(-2 on Attack, Save, Check rolls)Hero Points: 3

Jack you could burn a Hero Point if you want to reroll your Toughness Save, although if you roll low you could still end up in the same condition.  Alternatively you could burn a Hero Point to shake off the Stunned condition immediately and be able to attack this next round.  Or doing nothing is always an option.

Sheila Anne MacKenzie
 player, 48 posts
Mon 16 Apr 2018
at 23:31
Maritime Museum
"Ye'r a tough bugger, aren't ye? Time tae step up 'n' git pure no nice oan yer arse!" Sheila says as she pulls out her cross and feints with the kukri whilst actually trying to push the cross right into her face.
Jack Uralesh
 player, 24 posts
Tue 17 Apr 2018
at 11:53
Maritime Museum
Jack's vision was swimming and the world spinning. He collapsed to his knees and tried to bring everything into focus- he could hear the din of battle-but it seemed it would pass him by.
G Bonange
 player, 31 posts
Tue 17 Apr 2018
at 17:13
Maritime Museum
"Whoah! Whoah! Time to play triage!"

Quickly, G darted in and grabbed Jack, pulling him a bit away from the fray so that he might not be unduely targeted.
Lilah Crane
 player, 29 posts
Fri 20 Apr 2018
at 12:35
Maritime Museum
Lilah rushed over to help G and began checking Jack for injuries, producing a small pack of tissues from her purse.  "I always mean to bring an actual first aid kit with me.  Maybe next time."  Wiping away a bit of the blood was honestly all she could think to do right now.  Maybe some actual first aid training would be necessary in the future if this shit was going to keep happening.
Maritime Museum Parking Lot
Sat 21 Apr 2018
at 11:36
Maritime Museum
As G and Lilah tend to G, Jimmy rises to his feet, rushes to the vampire's left and swings, but the vampire is unnaturally quick and dodges the punch.
07:18, Today: The Powers That Be, on behalf of Jimmy Renton, rolled 8 using 1d20+2.  vs Purple Earring.

Seeing Jimmy join in emboldens Ellie.  "Right!" she shouts as much to herself as anyone else as she sprints towards the vampire right side and aims a kick at her shins.  The vampire looks disdainfully at Ellie for a brief second...... until Sheila Anne's cross connects with the vampire's forehead with a loud "Thwok" as wood hits bone solidly.  The vampire's eyes glaze over for a second.  The flesh on its forehead begins to give off some faint smoke before it recoils.  A slight burn mark can be seen in the center of its forehead.
07:20, Today: The Powers That Be, on behalf of Ellie Walker-Wright, rolled 9 using 1d20+1.  vs Purple Earring.
07:18, Today: The Powers That Be, for the NPC Purple Earring, rolled 13 using 1d20+6.  Toughness Save DC 20.
07:14, Today: The Powers That Be, on behalf of Sheila Anne MacKenzie, rolled 11 using 1d20+4.  vs Purple Earring



Status
Sheila Anne, Jimmy, and Ellie are engaged with the Blue Earring Vamp
Jack, G, and Lilah are "free"

G Condition: Bruise(1) Hero Points: 3
Sheila Anne Condition: Normal Hero Points: 2
Delilah Condition: Normal Hero Points: 4
Jack Condition: Bruise(1) Hero Points: 3
Jimmy Condition: Bruise(1) Hero Points:1
Ellie Condition: Bruise(1)Shaken(-2 on Attack, Save, Check rolls)Hero Points: 3

Everyone is good to go.

Jack Uralesh
 player, 25 posts
Sat 21 Apr 2018
at 15:51
Maritime Museum
Jack shakes his head regaining his bearings, nods to G and Lilah and starts closing with Purple Earring. All the while waving his axe.
G Bonange
 player, 32 posts
Sun 22 Apr 2018
at 02:12
Maritime Museum
With a bit of a shake of his head, G looked to Lilah. "Lemme see if I can just slow this one down a bit."

Taking a step back, then rushing forward, G made to slam into the vampire and knock them prone, allowing for the others to do the dusting.

21:12, Today: G Bonange rolled 18 using 1d20.  Attack roll. Go for the knees! Just looking to knock them down / off-balance.
Sheila Anne MacKenzie
 player, 49 posts
Sun 22 Apr 2018
at 03:16
Maritime Museum
Sheila took advantage of the pain and fear the demon would have felt having the Holy Cross smacked right in its face and swung for the neck again to end this fight once and for all.


23:15, Today: Sheila Anne MacKenzie rolled 24 using 1d20+4.  Attack of the Killer Slayers!

OOC: 20 on the die - that's gonna leave a mark!
Maritime Museum Parking Lot
Fri 27 Apr 2018
at 13:37
Maritime Museum
The vampire snarls as Sheila Anne, Jimmy, and Ellie circle around her.  She sees something out of the corner of her eye and quickly turns her head in Jack's direction - which means she doesn't see G coming at all. G hits her behind both of her knees and she falls backward onto the macadam.

Seizing her opportunity Sheila Anne's knife slices cleanly through the vampire's neck and severs her head.  Droplets of blood splatter onto G, Jimmy, and Ellie.  For an instant the purple earringed vampire looks into Sheila Anne's eyes with disbelief.... and the next moment she is gone leaving a slight scent of sulfur in the air.

Things grow quiet, everyone is exhaling loudly from the exertion.  G has a lump growing on his forehead, Jack's nose is still trickling some blood,  and Ellie is moving her left shoulder with some discomfort.

Jimmy looks at the spot where the vampire had been and asks dumbfounded, "Where...?".  His head turns to Sheila Anne, "How di....??".  He wipes a little bit of blood off of his cheek with his shirt sleeve and looks at the blood there for a second or two.  He asks no one in particular, "What the hell just happened?!?!".
G Bonange
 player, 33 posts
Fri 27 Apr 2018
at 13:42
Maritime Museum
Panting just a little, G rubs his head and looks up, a little dazed, from the ground. "Lot to take in, i'n't it?"
Jack Uralesh
 player, 26 posts
Fri 27 Apr 2018
at 18:40
Maritime Museum
Jack wipes at the blood while tucking his axe behind his back.

"Just a little scuffle where our foes ran off." Jack said trying to lay the man's fears to rest. Many don't handle news of what goes bump well.
Sheila Anne MacKenzie
 player, 50 posts
Fri 27 Apr 2018
at 21:43
Maritime Museum
Sheila sighed and wiped her kukri before putting it under her jacket and looking at the others. "This is th' seicont time th' group o' us haes encountered ilk ither whilst running o'er vampires. Ah think it's aboot time we hud a sit doon." She looked at each of them. "Howfur aboot we git something tae sloch. Slaying mak's me hungert."
Maritime Museum Parking Lot
Tue 1 May 2018
at 15:34
Maritime Museum
Jimmy starts to nod slowly at G, raises an eyebrow when Jack and Sheila Anne speak, and then turns to Lilah with a questioning look on his face.

"Perhaps we could get some takeout and debrief back at the house?", Ellie suggests.
Jack Uralesh
 player, 27 posts
Tue 1 May 2018
at 17:12
Maritime Museum
"Takeout sounds good. Pizza?" Jack inquires.
G Bonange
 player, 34 posts
Tue 1 May 2018
at 18:01
Maritime Museum
At the mention of food, G's smile perked back up. "I'm in!"
Sheila Anne MacKenzie
 player, 51 posts
Tue 1 May 2018
at 21:41
Maritime Museum
Sheila nodded at Ellie. "Aye, th' hoose soonds guid 'n' pizza soonds barry. Na fish or fungus allowed. It's aboot time we stairted figuring oot howfur we keep meetin wi' vampires in th' middle."

She made sure her weapons were secure and everyone was up before moving off towards the house, keeping an eye on every shadow and hiding place she could see.
Maritime Museum Parking Log
Wed 2 May 2018
at 14:14
Maritime Museum
The walk, guided by Sheila Anne and Ellie, uneventfully takes you to 110 Ridge Ave

------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
I am closing this thread.  Please move to the 110 Ridge Avenue thread to wrap up this Episode.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------->