Elversult, Ches 13 1086 DR.   Posted by ArcDeus.Group: 0
Xarvin
 player, 24 posts
Mon 9 Apr 2018
at 23:18
Re: Elversult, Ches 13 1086 DR
And Xarvin? :)
Eric
 player, 4 posts
Mon 9 Apr 2018
at 23:20
Re: Elversult, Ches 13 1086 DR
Hearing the madness and seeing the fire, Eric makes his way out of the building.  Such a hardcore belief could be put to much better use use then random distruction.

OOC:18:18, Today: Eric rolled 6 using 1d6.  inti.
Carrick
 player, 9 posts
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 00:38
Re: Elversult, Ches 13 1086 DR
OOC:  Number to beat is 10.  Thought this was the AC...tables in my DMG don’t quite correspond to THAC0, either way:

19:32, Today: Carrick rolled 22 using 1d20+2.  Attack AC 10 to trip Talos cultist.. Nat 20...our first?

As the cultists makes his move to the door, Carrick sticks out his leg, sending the bombthrower to the floor to be subdued.
ArcDeus
 GM, 35 posts
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 04:13
Re: Elversult, Ches 13 1086 DR
The culprit makes haste to the tavern entrance but stumbles over Carrick's foot and lands on the floor.
Xarvin I didn't see where you rolled initiative. If you like you might act now. The man is on the tavern floor by the tavern door. He struggles to regain his footing is in a vain given the wound at his side.

No sooner than the drama seems settled several men and women flee back in through the doors dragging a young man with a crossbow bolt in his upper leg. "More of them outside! I don't know who these bastards are but they have us cut off".
Poke
 player, 10 posts
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 04:17
Re: Elversult, Ches 13 1086 DR
Poke thrusts at the nearest attacker with his polearm.  If necessary, he charges to close the distance.

00:17, Today: Poke rolled 2 using 1d20+1.  To hit.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:18, Tue 10 Apr.

Xarvin
 player, 25 posts
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 06:06
Re: Elversult, Ches 13 1086 DR
Xarvin saw the madman land on his face,then attempt to rise to his feet. The Warrior decided to draw his long sword and slash at the mad man.


02:27, Today: Xarvin rolled 11 using 1d8+3.  Sword damage if a hit.

02:07, Today: Xarvin rolled 13 using 1d20+1.  Sword slash at mad man

This message was last edited by the player at 06:28, Tue 10 Apr.

Eric
 player, 5 posts
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 23:09
Re: Elversult, Ches 13 1086 DR
Eric pulls his scimitar and makes ready for battle.  He waits until one nears him before he attacks.


OOC:18:06, Today: Eric rolled 14 using 1d20.  scimitar attck.</Orange
><Orange>OOC:  Hits AC: 6

OOC:18:08, Today: Eric rolled 8 using 1d8.  scimitar damage.
Lumwik
 player, 12 posts
 Dwarf. Thief.
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 01:39
Re: Elversult, Ches 13 1086 DR
Lumwik dodges and weaves towards the alley.
Carrick
 player, 10 posts
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 20:03
Re: Elversult, Ches 13 1086 DR
Carrick exclaims in exasperation, ”Bloody hell, you’ve gone and probably killed ‘im.  There’s questions he be needin’ ta answer.”.  He looks down at the new wound opened up on the zealot.
Xarvin
 player, 26 posts
Thu 12 Apr 2018
at 02:57
Re: Elversult, Ches 13 1086 DR
 " There be more of the whore sons outside, take your pick." Said the Warrior, as he went went to his gear, and picked up his heater shield,and slid it onto his arm.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:18, Thu 12 Apr.

ArcDeus
 GM, 36 posts
Thu 12 Apr 2018
at 05:05
Re: Elversult, Ches 13 1086 DR
00:31, Today: ArcDeus, for the NPC Cultist Street Mob, rolled 1 using 1d6 ((1)).
** The cultists in the street will share the roll of 1. So they will act last.

----Poke----
As the mob fumbles to reload their crossbows you charge to meet one on melee combat however the storm and muddy street make for a most unfavorable charge. You swing and miss but are able to keep your footing and not land in the street prone. Your target drops his crossbow draws a crude looking knife and prepares to defend himself.

"You got some thunder in ya boy!!!" laughs the man through his covered face. "We all rot and float, but its fools like you that really put a smile on the storm god's face".

---Xarvin----
The raving man rolls to meet your gaze. "No NO NO. PLEASE SAVE ME. TALOS SAV..." his cries for divine intervention are cut short by your long sword spilling blood all over the tavern floor.

---Eric----
You rush outside to take in the situation. You see people (former patrons) laying in the streets and a woman cowering behind a wagon. As the attackers work to reload their crossbows various groups take off in a rush to escape into an alley. In the street is a lone warrior (Poke) fighting one of the men.

** the crossbowmen are fixated on their weapons and make no move to engage you.and the closest foe is the one occupied with Poke. If you wish to close distance and apply that attack roll you may.

---Lumwik
You and a group of patrons flee down an alley. Further egress is halted by a makeshift barricade of old crates and wire they looks designed to discourage drunks from sleeping in the alley. You can scale this with a (75%).


** Eric let me know if you want to hold position or advance. Lumwik, percentile die if you wish to climb over the wall. After that then I will act on behalf of the Cultists and we will do another round.
Odfrin
 player, 25 posts
 Odfrin of Elversult
Thu 12 Apr 2018
at 07:31
Re: Elversult, Ches 13 1086 DR
Odrin wasn't sure what to do with the man inside the tavern cut down. He was glad that his spell had stopped the fire from spreading. He moved near the door of the tavern with his staff ready to engage anyone that entered who might be a cohort of the fallen Talosian.
Carrick
 player, 11 posts
Thu 12 Apr 2018
at 13:21
Re: Elversult, Ches 13 1086 DR
With the bombthrower lying dead in front of him, Carrick peeks quickly outside the door to see the remaining cultists fumbling to reload.  He darts quickly through the door looking for any cover that might obscure his moves.

Carrick will try to mingle through  the crowd, duck behind shrubs or crates or a wagon ;). He’s looking to get behind the cultists unseen so as to perform a backstab.
Aries Umbra
 player, 7 posts
 Elven Assassin
Thu 12 Apr 2018
at 14:13
Re: Elversult, Ches 13 1086 DR
Hearing about the threat outside, Aries looks for a back exit. His plan is to walk behind the lines, and take a good look at the attacking crowd. He will decide what to do when he has got a better view on the odds.
Xarvin
 player, 27 posts
Thu 12 Apr 2018
at 14:15
Re: Elversult, Ches 13 1086 DR
 With his coif and helmet on his head, with crimson stain arming sword and heater shield in  hands, the Warrior went to the front door and looked out.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:06, Thu 12 Apr.

Eric
 player, 7 posts
Thu 12 Apr 2018
at 22:50
Re: Elversult, Ches 13 1086 DR
Eric moves in to help Poke take care of the attacker.
ArcDeus
 GM, 37 posts
Fri 13 Apr 2018
at 04:47
Re: Elversult, Ches 13 1086 DR
eric - you slay the cultist fighting poke

You flank the cultist and cleave the man with the full of your scimitar. His head almost comes off his shoulder and he falls without a word into the muddy street.

odfrin - stands guard by door

Odfrin stands guard by the tavern door making sure to not step in the mess that was once a fire wielding cultist.

carrick - attempting a backstab

You move silently to flank the enemy. (Your base is 20%, I will add another 20% advantage given that the enemy is reloading). While the storm masks the sound of your movments it hard to step as gracefully as your would on flat surfaces.

00:16, Today: ArcDeus, on behalf of Carrick, rolled 1 using 1d100 ((1)).

Carrick. On your next turn you will be in flanking position and can backstab. In addition you will be exempt from being the target of enemy attack during the cultists attack phase.

aries - looking for a back exit

Making your way through the back of the kitchen area you find a door leading to an alley. It looks to be fenced off on both ends to prevent unlawful entry. The one to your left leads to an adjacent alley and the one to your right sounds like it leads to the skirmish out front.

**If you can make a climb walls check on the left wall I will allow you a flanking position on your next turn aries.

xarvin - peeking outside

Peeking outside you see robbed men with faces you can not make out. They are armed with cross bows rappidly re-arming them. In the street you can make out atleast two missle ridden bodies. Your observation gives you the impression that these attackers have little in the way of martial training, while the ambush might seem 'clever' it was carried out against a den of drunks with little thought given to the assult. No matter how untrained they might be the attackers ready their weapons and take aim.

===Cultists (5)=======

The cultists ready their weapons and scan for targets of oportunity. The cultist closest to Eric and Poke signals in haste to the man next to him to bring your prsence to his attention as well. They steady their weapons and fire on the both of you.

    Eric's AC is 6 and requires an attack roll of 15 or greater
    00:36, Today: ArcDeus, for the NPC Cultist 1, rolled 9 using 1d20 ((9)).

    The missle whisltes somewhere overhead leaving you wondering if you were ever the intended target.

    Poke's AC is 3 and requires an attack roll of 18 or greater
    00:37, Today: ArcDeus, for the NPC cultist 2, rolled 18 using 1d20 ((18)).

    Poke, your attacker's aim strikes true and lands just below your knee (3 damage).
    00:40, Today: ArcDeus, for the NPC cultist 2, rolled 3 using 1d8 ((3)).

    The other three fire into the backs of patrons who make ill-timed rush towards the alley. The voice of a woman cries out in agony as another inncoent patron goes down in the city streets.
Odfrin
 player, 27 posts
 Odfrin of Elversult
Fri 13 Apr 2018
at 07:36
Re: Elversult, Ches 13 1086 DR
Odfrin while guarding the door will poke his head out a moment to see where the attackers are and then pull his head back in. Unless one is close enough for him to move and attack in a single round he'll remain guarding the door using the wall for cover.
Poke
 player, 11 posts
Fri 13 Apr 2018
at 10:00
Re: Elversult, Ches 13 1086 DR
Poke grunts in pain, then tries to make the cultist pay for that hit.

06:00, Today: Poke rolled 10 using 2d4+3.  Damage.
06:00, Today: Poke rolled 17 using 1d20+1.  To hit.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:01, Fri 13 Apr.

Lumwik
 player, 13 posts
 Dwarf. Thief.
Fri 13 Apr 2018
at 11:57
Re: Elversult, Ches 13 1086 DR
Lumwik scrambles up the barrier and starts towards the roof, looking for a better vantage.
Xarvin
 player, 28 posts
Fri 13 Apr 2018
at 13:14
Re: Elversult, Ches 13 1086 DR
 Xarvin saw the bowmen discharge thier weapons yet again, the warrior charged out of the door and right at the enemy. He swung his sword at one of the bowmen in a downward arch of steel. "Try taking one someone that be armed, ya cowards!"

09:18, Today: Xarvin rolled 8 using 1d20+1.  Attack on crossbowman.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:46, Fri 13 Apr.

Carrick
 player, 13 posts
Fri 13 Apr 2018
at 13:43
Re: Elversult, Ches 13 1086 DR
Dodging and weaving, and successfully keeping out of sight, Carrick leverages the general confusion of melee and the cultists’ focus on reloading to sneak up behind one of them.  In an instant, metal flashes as his dagger is thrust into the back of his target.  I he blade comes out bloodied, and Carrick steps back to await the counter attack.  ”Hope you didn’t need that spleen, ya bastard.”


08:37, Today: Carrick rolled 3 using 1d4.  Doubled to 6 for backstab.
08:13, Today: Carrick rolled 23 using 1d20+6.  Attempt to backstab.

Aries Umbra
 player, 9 posts
 Elven Assassin
Fri 13 Apr 2018
at 16:13
Re: Elversult, Ches 13 1086 DR
Aries decides to take the door to his left, hoping to get behind enemy lines. Carefully he climbs the fence and doesn't waste any time trying to pick the lock of the fence door.

18:13, Today: Aries Umbra rolled 1 using 1d20.  STR.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:13, Fri 13 Apr.

Eric
 player, 8 posts
Fri 13 Apr 2018
at 23:46
Re: Elversult, Ches 13 1086 DR
Seeing Poke shot, Eric moves toward the cultist that made the shot.
h3athrow
 player, 4 posts
 Halfling Fighter 1
 AC 5 | HP 2
Tue 17 Apr 2018
at 21:57
Re: Elversult, Ches 13 1086 DR
Iralos moves outside the tavern, a little slow to follow his party. He scans the crowd drawing his bow and an arrow, finding an enemy, a cultist. He nocks and fires. 14:56, Today: h3athrow rolled 8 using 1d20+2. Iralos's clumsy exit and hasty assessment of the crowd leads to an inaccurate shot, and the arrow flies wide.