[000] Invitation and Arrival.   Posted by Storyteller.Group: 0
Valeska Szantovich
 player, 43 posts
 Ventrue
 Blood Points 13
Fri 15 Jun 2018
at 09:54
[000] Invitation and Arrival
Valeska quietly relaxes from her pose, observing the cainite for few seconds. Having the feeling, he's faking an appearance of assurance and calm, she looks back at the mortal woman, and offers her a hand to reach.

"Come my child. We won't let you alone in this city, as there are still wolves chasing you."


Then, to Rolland, but without looking at him anymore.

"I wish you a good night, Rolland, the agent of some, may you find whatever you seek in this night. We have alot to do, and I'll be certain to talk to the Prince of this City about you, as soon as we meet."
Catherine Szeltka
 player, 37 posts
 8th Generation Brujah
 WPR 3, BP 13
Fri 15 Jun 2018
at 11:16
[000] Invitation and Arrival
Do you wish to go with this woman, or me, I'll kill the pompous bitch if you ask me and you can go with her in peace as you wish until you leave my protection I'm going to protect you as for you none of your tricks you try your gifts on me or her or we will see how you fair against an arrow at your heart.," Catherine said her drawn bow redirected at Valeska and death in her eyes if the girl wishes it she will fire.

It's not she cares about the mortal but she did offer the woman her aid, and she might be of use to her, even she could use a mortal retainer or two and the pompous creature offends her wilder sensibilities. The sense of entitlement and that is like the woman pissing on Catherine and well she is not powerful enough to get away with that!

occ: Aiming.
Uzoma
 player, 17 posts
Sat 16 Jun 2018
at 15:39
[000] Invitation and Arrival
"I think probably they do. The one with the rather... uhm... the word... flowery? speech seems the rich type," Uzoma listed slightly to one side as he spoke, and shifted his walking stick to compensate. "They'll be fine. They can probably swim. Or not. It isn't as if they'd drown, eh?" he chuckled to himself, apparently forgetting that the ferryman wasn't exactly in on the secret.
Storyteller
 GM, 67 posts
Sun 17 Jun 2018
at 00:36
[000] Invitation and Arrival
"River's deep," the ferryman points out. Then, with a casual glance overboard at the water adds, "Not fast though. If they can swim they might manage. No other ferries near, though." It's clear he's not following the more obfuscated meaning of your conversation. "And it doesn't take long to get across. Mostly the way back." He indicates the dock on the opposite side, somewhat downstream of the one on which you stand.

The trip across the river is, indeed, swift. The ferryman hums softly to himself, talking about the river and the city, though if he's talking to you it's difficult to tell since he seems to be mumbling more than anything else. The opposite dock is well lit by four torches, and the ferryman easily clambers over the side of the ferry to tie it off, then offers a hand to assist with your climb to shore. "Hill gets steep just up the hill." He shakes his head, "Dark though. Careful, aye? And I'll send your friends after you if I see 'em." He mumbles something about 'not much else damned... something something.'

On the opposite side of the river, trouble continues to brew. While Roland seems to have dodged trouble and, now that the others aren't staring at him, vanished entirely - Catherine and Valeska appear ready to come to blows over the fate of the woman. Her eyes wide, like a prey animal surrounded on all sides by predators, the smell of her sweat - and the blood pumping through her veins - is an ever-present tonic to the two vampires, heightening the Beast within. "You're..." he voice falls, becoming hushed, "nosferatu." As if to ward off the implied threat she makes the sign of the cross on her chest.

There is a moment of silence after which she bites her lip. "I- I..." She hesitates, then straightens, taking a deep breath. When she speaks again, her voice is more self-assured, though tired. "I will accompany you."
Catherine Szeltka
 player, 39 posts
 8th Generation Brujah
 WPR 3, BP 13
Sun 17 Jun 2018
at 00:53
[000] Invitation and Arrival
ooc: Which one the the vampires did she choose?
Catherine Szeltka
 player, 40 posts
 8th Generation Brujah
 WPR 3, BP 13
Sun 17 Jun 2018
at 13:48
[000] Invitation and Arrival
"Crossing yourself won't help much but its a good decision, two protectors are better than one and at least I can fight unlike this opulant sweet scented bird with me.," he relaxed her bow and put the arrow away.

"And if we wanted you dead you would be dead, to me mortals are three things either useful to have about or a threat a warrior or person with strong faith or ... food. You're not the last two. Be fortunate. I'm Catherine and this preening scented painted creature is Valeska even I'll admit she talks nice though. If anyone comes to harm you they must get past us both. Keep the knife and coin and I must admit you have strength of heart and a good head traits to admire and less common among your kind.," she added smiling although the compliment had shades of something else something darker such as perhaps this woman would make a fine vampire for her clan.
Valeska Szantovich
 player, 45 posts
 Ventrue
 Blood Points 13
Sun 17 Jun 2018
at 20:23
[000] Invitation and Arrival
Valeska smiles obviously bemused by Catherine's choice of words. SHe takes the time to brush the fabric of her dress on her hips, and turns to walk down to the gates and brides Between Buda and Pest.

"You'll have plenty of time to choose if you prefer the scents of perfume and sweets, or the musk of aggressive safety, dear girl; But it appear to me that you act as if you knew more than you are supposed to about our kind. So, you'll have to explain us who you are, and how you are called."
Storyteller
 GM, 72 posts
Sat 23 Jun 2018
at 19:16
[000] Invitation and Arrival
OOC: Fast forwarding a bit here, but I dont think I'll be breaking any of you out of your characters. Again though, apologies for yesterday.

BIC:

Sherazhina - that was the woman's name - followed in the wake of the two vampires who made their way back toward the slave market to meet with their companions. There, Jantis and Kasia are waiting for them, the former holding up his ever-present spear upon spotting the trio. He casts a look - surprised? annoyed? - at the mortal with them, then bows his head slightly. Kasia makes a low vocalization deep in her throat, and the other servant nods. "The others have gone ahead. We remained behind for you." Along the way, Sherazhina stares at Valeska, clearly awed by her incredible beauty. Kasia makes a motion with one hand; Jantis suppresses a chuckle.

The small group makes their way toward the river, where they find a boatman poling back from the opposite side. He scans your group with a squint. "Must be the others," he says. His eyes linger on Valeska for longer than is strictly polite. Or even impolite. He whispers something that might be Ziva, then he - blushes? "I will happily take you across, lady." He struggles to pull his eyes away from Valeska, but fails. "Lady?" He offers an arm.

Once across the river, you find yourselves all together once more - sans Harold who, along with his servant, seems to have vanished. The way forward is dark, but the climb is not difficult. About half way up they find their way barred by a man wearing a breastplate and carrying a spear. Well-muscled, his hair and thick beard are nevertheless unkempt. He cries out something as you approach, his voice deep and powerful, booming even. After a moment he says, [Language unknown:  "Ntssen, T bleant'ratwas, hasoveant derwerdayter ter ar wihach we osulutfowe."] He pauses again, and seems pleased when some of you, at least, appear to understand.

After a moment he continues: [Language unknown:  "Osma is u teos asurev vircomess ev artin olreol ine lin cela ndss p. I aceces onsa und onll ou esnopa! Shepr itat veniouday re intle rat topaec ercess nase be ast ac nilifo iv eshint mi leaner'howa. Hisntible, rewit for onskorure estthufor anthi. Rut san it oulaintho aice pa any yinreaine. Er! Et blestirut enilel oustiopro, ee t ulil th any olart. Lattioent inpoce e thawa ionmenive omchto saevac korndevir ss sonlessta Ei on isna strillstr na. Outtioour uswina m pr acloesme, ent as seilhi p maosllceis t ing ainatiast k k es. Nt morea, p heeilele, und aitomenc t alleauect fi ear atetincomreamen u proatieau p ate. Ouleer ortanyers pa ave manwitith! Oufith it ss unhepr eraun thcana."] As he speaks a crowd begins to gather, some carrying torches to light the area to better see. Clearly some, at least, are expecting something entertaining from this madman and you odd visitors.
Valeska Szantovich
 player, 48 posts
 Ventrue
 Blood Points 13
Mon 25 Jun 2018
at 07:29
[000] Invitation and Arrival
AS the group is stopped by this strange looking man, Valeska raises a delicate eyebrow, as he starts to adress them in an unknown language. With a pout of disdain, she inquires if among the other cainites, one of them understand what tongue that fool looking man was speaking.

And at the same time, she shows him no threat, but places her hands crossed over her belly, quietly, to observe him. The crowd of people armed with torches doesn't go unnoticed, as they might be dangerous for vampires, less resilient than she is, and that man could try to ambush them in some way.

"If one of you would have to civility to adress this man, without requiring us to stay here more than needed, it would be a wise decision."


WIth a glance of her seductive eyes, she gazes at Sherazina - a beautiful name - to approach her, and benefits from her protection. "Come here, my child."
Uzoma
 player, 19 posts
Thu 28 Jun 2018
at 19:24
[000] Invitation and Arrival
"I speak maaaany tongues," Uzoma said, steadying himself on his walking stick, "but this ranting man's speech is unknown to me." He eyed the gathering crowd and, inwardly, sighed. He would have preferred to get to their destination without a lot of fuss and hassle, but Harold, and now this spear-wielding wild-haired man, seemed to have other plans for them.
Antonia
 player, 13 posts
 Giovani
Sat 30 Jun 2018
at 05:06
Re: [000] Invitation and Arrival
Antonia raises an eyebrow, visually judging Uzoma. "Many languages you say, but not the fundament. That is disappointing, but not unexpected."

Turning to the raving man, [Language unknown:  "Ainil whimenwil o naonfi thool us ckni. Of as rincle moserise we linlineve mi Preonsers?"]
Uzoma
 player, 20 posts
Sat 30 Jun 2018
at 05:20
Re: [000] Invitation and Arrival
"[Language unknown:  Ame t houoerineoulver i heiv eshoce erarelfofi a ll]," said the old man, knowing full well that no one would understand him. "[Language unknown:  Foil os ticee iesenc Atli'iciv?]" he asked, "[Language unknown:  Wi seache Distha?]" He shrugged, which caused him to lose his balance briefly. He stumbled into a quick recovery.
Storyteller
 GM, 75 posts
Sat 30 Jun 2018
at 14:46
Re: [000] Invitation and Arrival
The wild-haired man is not the one to respond, but rather a new arrival, a poorly-dressed man carrying a torch. "My Lord Havnor," he says, face lit by fervor, "Holy One, we are here! What is your will?" Shadows flicker oddly, unnaturally, as the wild haired man responds by looking at each of you in turn, speaking firmly, his words hard-edged and committed. As Uzoma loses his brief balance is seems the shadows lean out as if to catch him before thinking better of it and pulling back.

OOC:

Anyone interested in learning who Havnor is can roll either Hearth Wisdom or Occult. The difficulty for this roll is 8. I'm going to make a judgment call and say Valeska can have a difficulty 7 due to her background, however.

It's pretty clear that the rabble is getting... uppity. And they have fire. Just sayin'.

Valeska Szantovich
 player, 49 posts
 Ventrue
 Blood Points 13
Tue 3 Jul 2018
at 11:50
Re: [000] Invitation and Arrival
Valeska frowns as the scene that is ongoing in front of her. Moved by some instinct, she looks up at the man that adress the strangely dressed wild man, and uses some of her imperious powers in order to prevent any harm.

"You peasant ! Look at me ! And tell your people to let us pass quietly. You'll get nothing good in staying here."

Her words weren't threatful but her tones would leave few doubts in a mortal survival instincts.

OOC : Domination attempts
05:30, Today: Valeska Szantovich rolled 2 successes using 6d10 with the World of Darkness 3rd ed system with a target of 6 ((7,6,8,2,1,3)).

This message was last edited by the player at 03:30, Wed 04 July 2018.

Antonia
 player, 14 posts
 Giovani
Tue 3 Jul 2018
at 12:53
Re: [000] Invitation and Arrival
As Valeska draws their attention, Antonia makes sure her cloak is up as she moves to the periphery. Angry mobs are, by nature, not things to provoke. She also thinks that she has heard that name before. She taakes a moment to try and conjure the tale or at least the context of the tale.
Uzoma
 player, 22 posts
Thu 5 Jul 2018
at 21:52
Re: [000] Invitation and Arrival
"They dun look too friendly," Uzoma's opinion was somewhat slurred. He frowned, his addled mind working through their options somewhat more slowly than time was likely to actually allow him.
Storyteller
 GM, 81 posts
Thu 5 Jul 2018
at 23:23
Re: [000] Invitation and Arrival
The peasant looks at Valeska and shakes his head, as though clearing it of a heavy fog. "I..." he blinks. "We should go..." he tells the others. They give no indication of noticing, lost in - adoration? - of the wild-haired man accosting you. The speaker himself stumbles two steps away backward before turning and fleeing, as if realizing that something is not right. Havnor, like the mortals, doesn't seem to notice - or care - instead raising his eyes to the sky, nodding, and looking at you once more. His face takes on an angry cast. He points at you and speaks three simple words and a low, verbal rumble passes through the crowd as they press in all about you.

Kasia makes a noise deep in her own throat and tugs on Valeska's sleeve. She motions silently at the stranger, then the crowd, then looks around at the torches - and more importantly, how those torches are scattered all around your little party.
Valeska Szantovich
 player, 51 posts
 Ventrue
 Blood Points 13
Fri 6 Jul 2018
at 11:28
Re: [000] Invitation and Arrival
Valeska frowned and freed her hands and sleeves, glaring at those foolish mortals around, like a dangerous predator would. She even hissed like a feline, taking a ready to attack neck posture, her hands postured like claws, as the torches were so close. She growled low

"Back up, peasants. Or you'll die soulless and in excruciating pain, I am warning you!"
Catherine Szeltka
 player, 43 posts
 8th Generation Brujah
 WPR 3, BP 13
Fri 6 Jul 2018
at 15:45
Re: [000] Invitation and Arrival
Catherine moving around ready to unleash hell upon them she fuels vitae into her flesh and muscles to enhance her body with speed far over that of a mere mortal and her brute strength, as she powers out and leaps rolling to be clear of the mob.

occ: In game terms is raising Celerity and one blood point into Strength and will sprint and leap hopefully landing clear of the mob smashing through a flanking side with room to move. Then move into the woods at speed to relocate to a position she has options to act on the mob with her bow.

11:43, Today: Catherine Szeltka rolled 3 successes using 7d10 with the World of Darkness 3rd ed system with a target of 6 with rolls of 6,7,7,4,3,1,7.  Power Out! Str4+Ath3+Potence2. 5 Successes with Potence!

Uzoma
 player, 23 posts
Thu 12 Jul 2018
at 00:47
Re: [000] Invitation and Arrival
"I think, perhaps, we should go to our meeting," said Uzoma, swaying. "If we're late, our patrons are going to make more words at us. Angrily. What is the word? I don't know. Loud words? Anyway... perhaps... around these people instead of through them?" Though inebriated, it was clear that Uzoma didn't favor a confrontation with the torch-wielding mortals.
Antonia
 player, 15 posts
 Giovani
Fri 13 Jul 2018
at 02:03
Re: [000] Invitation and Arrival
Letting the others physically and social confront the mob, Antonia whispers to Uzoma. "The man who speaks in the language of the Church, one that it would benefit you to learn as the root of civilized languages and is spoken by the Pious and the Wise. He speaks of prophecy, one of his own and one that is false. According to him, we have a grand role to play in redemption of some sort."
Storyteller
 GM, 85 posts
Fri 13 Jul 2018
at 14:14
Re: [000] Invitation and Arrival
While Antonia and Uzoma appear content to discuss their situation, neither the crowd nor their fellow vampires are so supine. Catherine, for her part, throws herself through the crowd, bowling over three mortals in her rush to escape. One of them flails wildly with his brand, but his blow is far wide and sparks fly as the head of the torch hits the ground. As the Brujah flees the scene, the crowd appears to lose interest in her, focusing their attentions - and hostility - on Antonia, Uzoma, and Valeska.

The impromptu mob sets upon the group of Cainites and their servants. Sherazhina, despite her recent travails, makes herself useful in defending herself, at least, as do the other mortals. Jantis tries to follow Catherine as she leaves but he is cut off and, unsure whether to kill or not, thrusts the butt of his spear forward, sending a woman to the ground, unconscious.

Incompetent as the crowd may be as an army, they certainly appear to be enthusiastic. For the most part your servants are able to defend you, but luck will have her way, and a torch, wielded as a burning club, gets through Kasia's guard, striking Antonia's arm...

OOC: Sorry. Feeling a bit better. Remember, I'll be out of town until next Friday, and probably wont have a chance to post until Saturday.

08:56, Today: Storyteller rolled 1 using 1d3 with rolls of 1.  1-A, 2-U, 3-V. Antonia, if you have Fortitude you can soak the damage taken from the fire, otherwise, well... Bad news: you're going to take 1 level of Aggravated damage.  In any event everyone except Catherine needs to roll to avoid Rotschreck (difficulty 6) (Catherine isn't surrounded by torches; the rest of you are).

Catherine, the mob no longer appears to be all that interested in either you or your whereabouts. Everyone else, you're surrounded.

Uzoma
 player, 24 posts
Mon 16 Jul 2018
at 15:28
Re: [000] Invitation and Arrival
Inebriated and thinking less clearly than normal, Uzoma doesn't really consider the consequences of his actions as he fought down the Beast. Instead, he called out to the shadows he'd empowered earlier bring them flapping through the air toward himself and the crowd. "BACK!" he bellowed at the crowd, "Get back or your god will not save you!" Even as he spoke, he was edging in the direction Catherine had fled, looking to make an escape of his own.


OOC: I'm safe from frenzy, it seems. I really hate the 'subtract 1s' rule.
Uzoma rolled 1 success using 4d10 with the World of Darkness 3rd ed system with a target of 6 with rolls of 3,1,9,9.  Rotschreck check.

Intimidate check: Just 1 again, stupid 1's.
Uzoma rolled 1 success using 7d10 with the World of Darkness 3rd ed system with a target of 6 with rolls of 3,8,2,4,1,9,4.  Cha+Intim+1(Obten).

Shadow Play provokes a Courage roll at diff 7.

Valeska Szantovich
 player, 52 posts
 Ventrue
 Blood Points 13
Fri 20 Jul 2018
at 13:58
Re: [000] Invitation and Arrival
Valeska joined in the violence, using the pointy head of the BEast inside, to impose her will to others. Her voice became like a powerful whisper, and her gaze turned more dark than the night itself. She hissed at the crowd with murderous intention

"Back off ! Peasants !"

OOc : Domination 1 Roll

15:55, Today: Valeska Szantovich rolled 3 successes using 6d10 with the World of Darkness 3rd ed system with a target of 6 ((4,7,6,4,2,6)).

Catherine Szeltka
 player, 45 posts
 8th Generation Brujah
 WPR 3, BP 13
Fri 20 Jul 2018
at 18:12
Re: [000] Invitation and Arrival
Catherine climbs to the roof her supernatural reflexes and body wired for hunting and its movements.

occ: Take an automatic success she is in no super rush just needs the vantage point to fire down on the crowd and its leader with her bow. Her pool is over six dice.