(IC) Blasingdell.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Dungeon Master
 GM, 64 posts
Sun 2 Dec 2018
at 14:16
(IC) Blasingdell
The Tavern:
Shaking his head he then responds."Nothing. Just a blood trail but it ended quickly."

The Temple:
Sister speaks"Here." She pulls out four potions."There are two that will heal you and two that will protect you from the elements for a short time." The woman turns her head."I never met the seargent. I know the mayor but in brief but I can tell you where they are." She pulls out a map of the town and points out where they should be.
Thorin Diamondgut
 Rogue-Ranger, 40 posts
 HP: 26/26; AC: 16
 Fort 4; Refl 7; Will 1
Mon 3 Dec 2018
at 05:57
(IC) Blasingdell
"Well when my fellows return I'll tell them of your need, and perhaps I can convince them to take the time to venture into the forest and find your family. I might can pick up the trail." Thorin continues to console and question the man.

This message was last edited by the GM at 08:07, Mon 03 Dec.

Perrin Stryfelaughter
 Sorcerer, 27 posts
 HP: 18/18; AC: 14
 Fort 4; Refl 4; Will 4
Mon 3 Dec 2018
at 06:28
(IC) Blasingdell
"Thank you for your kindness, Sister. We'll make sure to put these to good use," responded Perrin as he took possession of the potions. It seemed that good fortune was on his side on this day, and he hoped that it would extend to the morrow. "So where would the two of them be at this hour? It is probably best to inform them as soon as possible."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 65 posts
Tue 4 Dec 2018
at 02:45
(IC) Blasingdell
Dungeon Master:
The Tavern:
Nodding his head, he goes back to try to console the man who calms down and stares at the fire."I will take him to my place afterwards."

The Temple:
Sister speaks again."The mayor is probably in the main square at his home or his office. The seargent? Probably along the walls but I am unsure. Perhaps going to the inn would be a good idea. Perhaps they went there." The woman nods her head and looks at them.

The kenku whistles and tilts his head. He motions towards the door leading outside and nods his head to the sister and the cleric.

Landor Halbrek
 Cleric, 13 posts
 Human
 Cleric of Pelor
Tue 4 Dec 2018
at 03:01
(IC) Blasingdell
Landor nods and bows to the priestess. “Thank you for your kindness Sister. May Pelor’s light shine upon you always.” He starts walking towards the door. “Shall we go back to the inn and see if the mayor and sergeant show up or do you want to try the mayor’s residence or the wall?”
Thorin Diamondgut
 Rogue-Ranger, 41 posts
 HP: 26/26; AC: 16
 Fort 4; Refl 7; Will 1
Tue 4 Dec 2018
at 05:59
(IC) Blasingdell
Thorin nodded to the man and then returned to his own meal. He would then eat in silence waiting for the others to return. Then he could ask them to help this man.
Perrin Stryfelaughter
 Sorcerer, 28 posts
 HP: 18/18; AC: 14
 Fort 4; Refl 4; Will 4
Tue 4 Dec 2018
at 19:40
(IC) Blasingdell
"Thank you again, Sister." Turning to follow the cleric and the Kenku, Perrin thought over their options, and he came to a conclusion. "We should probably return to the inn. If we are to talk to the mayor, it is probably best for all of us to be present, so we must retrieve Thorin."
Landor Halbrek
 Cleric, 14 posts
 Human
 Cleric of Pelor
Tue 4 Dec 2018
at 20:28
(IC) Blasingdell
Landor nodded and headed to the inn. “I’ll let you two introduce me to your companion.”
Dungeon Master
 GM, 67 posts
Thu 6 Dec 2018
at 03:16
(IC) Blasingdell
The kenku nods and departs with the group. A few minutes later they arrive at the inn/tavern. Thorin is sitting alone, drinking some ale and eating some food. Two of the men seem to be talking to him and he nods as they go back to their meals as well. One of them looks like he was in pain or crying, head slightly lowered and he stares at the lit fireplace. The barkeep nods to them as they enter, wiping down some mugs and then the bar. A waitress walks over and picks up some misc dishes and mugs.
Thorin Diamondgut
 Rogue-Ranger, 43 posts
 HP: 26/26; AC: 16
 Fort 4; Refl 7; Will 1
Thu 6 Dec 2018
at 17:37
(IC) Blasingdell
"Come! Sit down" Thorin calls to his friends "Ah have a woeful tale to tell you and the opportunity for us to do something more than seek treasure!"

Thorin will wait until his friends come, "This man has lost his family, something took them into the forest 2 days ago. He says there was a blood trail but he lost it. Ah might be able to find it again. Ah was thinking we could take a detour on the way to our dig and see about his family."
Perrin Stryfelaughter
 Sorcerer, 29 posts
 HP: 18/18; AC: 14
 Fort 4; Refl 4; Will 4
Fri 7 Dec 2018
at 10:00
(IC) Blasingdell
Walking over to Thorin, Perrin was about to introduce Landor when the dwarf started talking about a missing family and going after them before going in search of dwarven blades, and there were some reservations in his mind about doing that. "I like the notion of helping out a poor soul as much as the next person, but do you have any more information to go on? Description of the creature's appearance, sounds it made or markings that it left. Something to let us try and get an idea of what we are dealing with."

"That being said, this is Brother Halbrek, and he has offered to accompany us on our trip to find these treasures. And he suggested that we inform the mayor and the sergeant of our intentions before we proceed since we are in their jurisdiction. We can even inquire with them about what may have taken this fellow's family."
Landor Halbrek
 Cleric, 16 posts
 Human
 Cleric of Pelor
Fri 7 Dec 2018
at 12:40
(IC) Blasingdell
The cleric clicks his heels together and bows to the Dwarf. “A pleasure to meet you. You may call me Landor. I agree with your friend here about inquiring more from the mayor and sergeant. The mayor may know more about the local legends and the sergeant will be able to tell us if this has happened before and suggest a course of action. My best guess is that it was orcs. The Sister at the temple mentioned that orcs were going after farmers.”

This message was last edited by the player at 15:23, Fri 07 Dec.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 74 posts
Fri 14 Dec 2018
at 03:42
(IC) Blasingdell
The group gathers up after talking about what happened and decided to find the sergent and the mayor. After a few hours of searching it begins to get dark. Two men watch the odd group and walk up to them. After a brief talk they show them where the mayors house is and bids them good tidings. They stand before a decent sized home, looking as if it was two stories. A light can be seen from behind closed shutters as they stand outside.
Landor Halbrek
 Cleric, 22 posts
 HP: 24/24 AC: 21
 Fort: 3 Ref: 2 Will: 6
Fri 14 Dec 2018
at 04:23
(IC) Blasingdell
Landor approached the mayor’s house and knocked on the door. Gently but loud enough to be heard before stepping back amongst the others.
Perrin Stryfelaughter
 Sorcerer, 32 posts
 HP: 18/18; AC: 14
 Fort 4; Refl 4; Will 4
Fri 14 Dec 2018
at 06:08
(IC) Blasingdell
Perrin trailed behind Landor as they approached the house. He was going to let the good Brother do as much of the talking as possible just so they could make a good impression upon the official.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 75 posts
Fri 14 Dec 2018
at 21:27
(IC) Blasingdell
The samurai and the ranger wait as the door opens. A eldery man opens the door, and seems surprised at the group standing there."Hello?" His wife appears behind him as well.
Landor Halbrek
 Cleric, 23 posts
 HP: 24/24 AC: 21
 Fort: 3 Ref: 2 Will: 6
Fri 14 Dec 2018
at 21:33
(IC) Blasingdell
The cleric bows respectfully to the man and his wife. “My apologies for interrupting your night good sir. My associates and I are going to be conducting a search party in the surrounding area in the morning to look for some missing people from your town as well as making a venture up to Stone Tooth. We just wanted to make you aware out of respect of your position in town. We may not have seen you in the morning tomorrow, so we just thought we would tell you now before it got too late.”In retrospect, it would have been better to come in the morning, but they were here so he made the best of it.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:07, Fri 14 Dec.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 76 posts
Sat 15 Dec 2018
at 04:39
(IC) Blasingdell
"Best go to the dry goods area. The man there will help you out. Are you going after the raiders? Praise to Pelor." The man nods. He looks over at his wife, and she nods as well. Rubbing his chin, he turns back to the odd group that has comes to his home."Many thanks. I will send word to the guards here. I cannot spare anyone unfortunatly."
Landor Halbrek
 Cleric, 24 posts
 HP: 24/24 AC: 21
 Fort: 3 Ref: 2 Will: 6
Sat 15 Dec 2018
at 09:15
(IC) Blasingdell
Landor smiles and bows to the mayor. “We greatly appreciate it. We shall report to the sergeant in the morning to ask for more details on these raiders before we go out. Better to be armed with as much knowledge as possible. May Pelor’s light always guide you in the darkness.”Landor kneels and says a small prayer to Pelor over the mayor’s home for protection.

As he rises, he turns to the group. “We should get some rest then go to the dry goods supply in the morning. With the mayor’s blessing, we should find what we need there. Then we will see the sergeant who will most likely be at the wall in the morning. The guards will already be informed of our mission, so hopefully information and any supplies we need will be ready for us. Then we set out to find the raiders. It will delay our trip to Stone Tooth, but we cannot just stand by and let the injustice of the raids continue. If nothing else, I’m sure you will be compensated for your trouble and be praised as heroes.”
Dungeon Master
 GM, 77 posts
Sun 16 Dec 2018
at 15:28
(IC) Blasingdell
"Wait. I can send word to the seragent. No need for that, no need. As for supplies, I can only provide what the man wishes to part. You will need to supplies the rest, I am afraid. It does indeed take time." The mayor rubs his chin."Do you lead them?"

The samurai shakes his head and makes a whistling sound. He sits down indian style waiting.
Landor Halbrek
 Cleric, 25 posts
 HP: 24/24 AC: 21
 Fort: 3 Ref: 2 Will: 6
Sun 16 Dec 2018
at 19:37
(IC) Blasingdell
Landor shakes his head. He motions to the rest of the group. “It is more of a group endeavor. I just recently joined. I just offered to speak to you for them.”
Thorin Diamondgut
 Rogue-Ranger, 45 posts
 HP: 26/26; AC: 16
 Fort 4; Refl 7; Will 1
Mon 17 Dec 2018
at 10:07
(IC) Blasingdell
Thorin had accompanied the other two. Listening to the mention of raiders he asks of the Lord Mayor "Raiders you mention, how long have you suffered from Raiders? Do you know anything about them?"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 78 posts
Mon 17 Dec 2018
at 17:21
(IC) Blasingdell
"I had rumors of orcs attacking farmsteads. Taking all they can and burning the rest." The mayor sighs and rubs his chin. He looks over at the dwarf.
Perrin Stryfelaughter
 Sorcerer, 33 posts
 HP: 18/18; AC: 14
 Fort 4; Refl 4; Will 4
Tue 18 Dec 2018
at 00:17
(IC) Blasingdell
Standing back during the conversation between the mayor and Landor, Perrin just kept his eyes on his surroundings. His ears perked up about the discussion of the orc raiders. "Perhaps if we can get a map of the area, we can mark where these raiders have hit then we can find a pattern of their movements or some potential spots that they might hole up after they have attacked a farmstead."
Thorin Diamondgut
 Rogue-Ranger, 46 posts
 HP: 26/26; AC: 16
 Fort 4; Refl 7; Will 1
Tue 18 Dec 2018
at 05:54
(IC) Blasingdell
"That sound like a good idea, by knowing where they have hit we might be able to find out where their base is." Thorin says to Perrin's idea.