Julius, Seize 'Er.   Posted by Papa Bear.Group: 0
Caduceus
 player, 241 posts
Tue 10 Jan 2017
at 15:36
Re: Julius, Seize 'Er
Healing Stun Damage (4 boxes)
Time to Heal = 4 hours divided by Willpower Test Successes
Target number of 4 (base of 2 plus another 2 for moderate stun damage)
09:20, Today: Caduceus rolled 4 successes using 6d6 with the Shadowrun system with a target of 4 with rolls of 4,2,4,1,4,(6+5)11.  Stun Recovery.
He should heal up in one hour if he isn't interrupted.


After Caduceus returned to his body and their "passengers" were secured (making sure they took into account all of the cyberware and hidden blades he was intimately aware of), he sat back in his seat and took some deep breaths.  It had been a long time since his work had taken this much energy out of him all at once.  "If you guys got those two under control, I think I'll work on recharging my batteries.  Probably didn't look like it, but getting us a spirit friend to cover our tracks back there was actually quite the ordeal.  Let me align my chakras or re-balance my chi or whatever it is that us shamans do.  It's a mystery!"  He looked from face to face to see if his lame joke had any effect.  "Seriously though, I think a little catnap will do me literal wonders right about now."
White Duck
 player, 356 posts
 Kickyfooting specialist
 Also quite handsome
Tue 10 Jan 2017
at 16:00
Re: Julius, Seize 'Er
Duck sits across from the pair, itching for a smoke but figuring the time for that would come later. For now, there was some sort of interrogation to perform. Leaning back and watching carefully for flickers of consciousness, Duck grinned to Cadeuces.

"Well in that case, you should get some sleep right meow." he grinned wryly, enjoying his own joke even if no-one else does.
Papa Bear
 GM, 6123 posts
 Incertum est quo loco
 te mors expectet;
Wed 11 Jan 2017
at 15:02
Re: Julius, Seize 'Er
There's an emergency kit, some heavier armor, and a discreet street sweeper tucked in the back of the car. Not worth a lot, but handy nonetheless.

The night is quiet in this neighborhood, so far from the busier avenues of the urban sprawl. At this hour, there are still a few customers in the soy-mart; mostly exhausted wage slaves hunting for minute-burritos to eat on the commute home. Copperhead stands out, although her van does not.

Once safely in the parking lot, it isn't a long wait before Val groans and comes to. She reaches up, her movement stopped by the restraints.

"What the hell? Are you a kidnap crew? Where the hell is my gear?" She kicks at her restraints.
White Duck
 player, 357 posts
 Kickyfooting specialist
 Also quite handsome
Wed 11 Jan 2017
at 17:55
Re: Julius, Seize 'Er
"Hoi Val, and no. The short explanation from a low-techie such as myself is that the chip you stole and slotted took over your brain. The personality in charge wasn't exactly friendly, and the new 'you' didn't take kindly to being forcibly removed from your neck." he holds up the chip, but keeps it out of Val's reach, then re-pockets it.

I'm contractor hired to do a little damage control for the company that made them. If these things are overwriting your entire personalities, uh, well, I can sorta get why they wouldn't want just anyone slotting their experimental prototypes. You may have observed that you aren't dead yet?" he looks her over, pulling out a smoke and lighting it, unable to resist the urge any longer. He offers her one as well and places it in her mouth, lighting it if she accepts. He shrugs and repockets them if she declines.

"So, pardon the cuffs, and also, you're fragging welcome. If you didn't realize how absurdly dangerous, and some might say stupid, plugging an experimental chip into your brain on a fragging whim was gonna be, then it's a damned miracle you even made it out of your pre-teens with that keenly developed sense of rationality you've got there. Now, can I get some sort of assurance from you that you're, uh, who you originally were so I can unbind you? Your alter-ego already sucker-punched a friend of mine, so we're erring on the side of caution. Something you don't seem too personally familiar with."
Papa Bear
 GM, 6124 posts
 Incertum est quo loco
 te mors expectet;
Wed 11 Jan 2017
at 19:44
Re: Julius, Seize 'Er
"Yeah? And why the hell you dress me like this?" she looks down at the flowing gowns with long cuts up the side, barely concealing whatever she's wearing underneath. "You going to tell me the chip did that too?"

She'll accept the ciggie and settle a little. "They said it was a skillsoft. Little better is all. They didn't say anything about losing memories or... little princess dresses. Don't know what 'assurances' you want. I'm not giving you my credstick PIN if that's what you're fishing for. And what the hell is he doing here? He didn't get paid. The chips went to me, Griffin, and Cooperman. Or are we beating him up for double-crossing us?"
White Duck
 player, 358 posts
 Kickyfooting specialist
 Also quite handsome
Wed 11 Jan 2017
at 20:12
Re: Julius, Seize 'Er
"Me? Nah, c'mon, of course not. Ya, seriously, you dressed yourself, dear. I mean, c'mon, it's a really bizarre plan to change your clothes, take your chip, tie you up and toss you into the back of a van that ain't mine. We were at some corp suit party. You were with a fella named Pengrave, who seemed quite smitten with you. Struttin' it up like the corporate elite." he reaches over and moves to unfasten her bindings. Before untying them, he looks her directly in the eyes.

"Anyway, your mannerisms and posture are clearly different than the queen bee joygirl that walloped my buddy good, so that'll work. You were introducing yourself as 'Cleo' and didn't seem to acknowledge 'Val,' so you being you seems close enough to me. Careful, if you're fibbing and you you pull some kinda trick and start spazzing out, I'll cave your nose in with my foot or slit your throat with a bladed playing card or do some other crazy shit to ruin your day before you can even burble out an insult. I'm not normally so terse, but hell, I gotta say, it's been a long fraggin' day." he then unties her. If she just so happened to be an old kung-fu master and wanted to get into some sort of kung fu...hustle inside the interior of the van, well, so be it. Duck would likely *enjoy* that.

"So, as I was sayin, cap'n sleazebag here was your plus one. Not sure how long you've been out, but if it's as long as I'm thinking, you may wanna get tested for sexually transmitted diseases. You were all over whoever looked rich and famous at the party we found you at. I think he was using you as some sort of bimbo, or not-you was usin' him. Who knows." he takes a drag of his smoke and leans back into his seat.

"He didn't double-cross me in particular, he's just an asshole from what I've gathered. We found Freya, who was a bit beat up but is OK, in case you were concerned. Griffin and Cooperman we're trying to track down. Three chips, three alternate personalities, most likely. Cooperman sold y'all out, from what I've been able to gather. We're trying to track these dolts down for a complete payday. As you can see..." he gestures to an unconscious Pengrave, "We'd prefer to utilize the nonlethal approach and avoid wetwork if possible. That said, we can wake him up, untie him, and I can personally beat the literal crap out of him on your behalf if you're itchy for revenge." he shakes his head at Pengrave. If gods were real, they really seemed to know how to make the perfect combination of idiocy and wealth.

"But um, aside from that, I'd appreciate it if you gave me what you can on Griff and Coop. We need to find them, not only because I'm getting paid to, but because they're either in grave personal danger or actively causing it for others, and I'd like to finish the job before either of those things happens. We can bring you home or somewhere safe. Hell, I can bring you underground with me if you want a safe place to stay until this whole shebang dies down. We read a lot of old comics and smoke a shitton of pot down there though, so if that ain't your bag I understand." he then realizes something, and extends a hand to Val for her to shake.

"Ah hell, where'd my manners go? I'm White Duck- kung fu master, handsome guy, chain-smoker, native son of Nawlins, and professional close-up magician, though it ain't the kind of magic most folks think up."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:14, Wed 11 Jan 2017.

Papa Bear
 GM, 6125 posts
 Incertum est quo loco
 te mors expectet;
Fri 13 Jan 2017
at 10:57
Re: Julius, Seize 'Er
"I was queening it up with fragging Pengrave?!? Ugh, shoot me now. Promise me you won't ever tell no one or my street cred is tanked.

"Freya, yeah. We thought she'd died. A bit prissy, but I liked her. Good to know she pulled out okay.

"Yeah, I think I might head to the clinic. Can't say my head is feeling straight. Fragging pounding, actually. Like I'm running in the red with a cylinder head off. You know Doc Chop'em? No? Well that's what I'll aim for. She's pretty good, if you need anything yourself. Just mention me, I get a commission on referrals. If you need a rigger later give me a ring, although it looks like you got a pretty nice piece of drek you're running already."


She takes a long drag off the cigarette and lets her thoughts clear with the smoke.

"Griff and Cooperman... Well I guess I haven't seen them in a few days? Last I saw them, we were back at base, an old warehouse in the middle of a lot of nothing near Union Hill Road and 208th Avenue, just after the run. I was still securing the chopper. Cooperman and Griffin headed inside. I'm not sure what happened next, but there was some kind of a fight. Cooperman's boys must have gotten the drop on Griffin, because the next thing I know, he came storming out to the tarmac. Was he running hot! I could see his knuckles were bone white as he got into his Westwind and drove off.

"Found out why when I went in. Fragging Cooperman, instead of getting the remainder of my nuyen the hoop hands me that datachip you got. Says it's worth more than the cash. He had half a dozen goons with him, so what am I going to do? I beat feet on out. Leave him to himself. Could still be there. Maybe his chip is a quadriplegic? Sure hope so.

"As for Griff, he had an apartment downtown. I visited once or twice. Think the ass was trying to put the moves on me, but I really just went to spend time with his car. Westwind 1800. Classic, fifteen years old. Baby blue. All aluminum engine components. No plastic composite drek. You could hear it in the purr. They don't make 'em like that any more. Don't know if that'll be any use to you though. If he got a chip too, he's probably paling around with supermodels somewhere."


Val accepts Duck's hand. "Valerie Westerfield from 'Frisco. Pilot, and apparently party princess. Listen, I'll let you keep that chip in exchange for a change of clothes, a ride, and Pengrave over there. Deal?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 11:01, Fri 13 Jan 2017.

Copperhead
 player, 733 posts
 Tread carefully
 mother-fragger
Tue 17 Jan 2017
at 00:09
Re: Julius, Seize 'Er
Copperhead face smirked briefly at Val's comment about her ride as she continued to monitor the surrounding area, letting the face do his work.

She wasn't sure she wanted to relinquish Pengrave quite yet, but she was sure that whatever Val decided to do with him, he more than deserved - either for what he'd pulled with her or with others in his past.  She knew his type.
White Duck
 player, 359 posts
 Kickyfooting specialist
 Also quite handsome
Tue 17 Jan 2017
at 16:14
Re: Julius, Seize 'Er
Duck laughed at Val's comment about Pengrave.

"Yeah, we can get you to a Doc. I'm afraid we already have a damned good rigger- one who just saved face for me and my buddy, actually. I kinda feel like we botched our end of the retrieval bigtime, but regardless, I'm glad we got you out of your weird trance." he took a drag of his own smoke and continued to listen until Val mentoned Griff.

"Yeah, if you could get us an address or LP number that'd help as well." he listened, nodding in understanding, until Val's last comment about Pengrave.

"Glad to see you in good spirits, but we're keeping the chip anyway. We can hook you up with some clothes, give you a ride, but this fella? We need to question him first, realistically. I got no qualms with leaving him in your tender lovin' care afterwards though. Depends on what my team has to say."
Papa Bear
 GM, 6126 posts
 Incertum est quo loco
 te mors expectet;
Wed 18 Jan 2017
at 16:44
Re: Julius, Seize 'Er
"Hey, is it really a shadowrun if no one gets to pull out the heavy artillery?

"You can ask him whatever you want, but I get to keep him. No deals on this. I have got a score to settle."
She shifts her dress, covering her legs as best she's able.

She will provide both the physical address of the warehouse, and of Griffin's apartment.
Copperhead
 player, 735 posts
 Tread carefully
 mother-fragger
Wed 18 Jan 2017
at 17:47
Re: Julius, Seize 'Er
Copperheads voice echoed into the back compartment.  "What'cha know bout der sleep 'abbits?  S'curity?  Frens 'an neighbors?"
Papa Bear
 GM, 6128 posts
 Incertum est quo loco
 te mors expectet;
Wed 18 Jan 2017
at 22:22
Re: Julius, Seize 'Er
"Not much, but given how that run played out, they probably aren't sleeping much."
Copperhead
 player, 736 posts
 Tread carefully
 mother-fragger
Wed 18 Jan 2017
at 22:39
Re: Julius, Seize 'Er
What do we know about the two areas?
Papa Bear
 GM, 6129 posts
 Incertum est quo loco
 te mors expectet;
Thu 19 Jan 2017
at 16:57
Re: Julius, Seize 'Er
The safe house is in the barrens, and overrun by go-gangs. Not a safe place to be. The apartment is much nicer, B-zone. Tidy, quiet.
Papa Bear
 GM, 6132 posts
 Incertum est quo loco
 te mors expectet;
Sat 4 Feb 2017
at 13:15
Re: Julius, Seize 'Er
Moving things along...

Val changes into a spare jumpsuit and waits for her turn with Pengrave.

White Duck can check Pengrave is properly bound, then slap (or possibly slap patch) the man back to consciousness. The back-and-forth is frustrating--he never met any of the other runners, never had any involvement outside of Junior. In fact, and he swears it until Val puts a boot to his crotch, that it was Val who came onto him, not vice versa!

Pengrave does confirm Hollywood was looking to buy out Global, but for some reason he's had a sudden change of heart. Of course, he's just a VP, so everyone knows his vote doesn't count for much, especially with Global's big research missing.

As the conversation winds down, Pengrave begs Val/Cleo to take him back, that things can be "just like they were" if she'll let them, not to be angry with him, how could he have known! Val reassures him, things will be just like they were... for one of them.

Any other questions/issues actions or can I close this down? Are you aiming for the safehouse or Griff's apartment next? Or somewhere else?
Copperhead
 player, 740 posts
 Tread carefully
 mother-fragger
Sat 4 Feb 2017
at 14:44
Re: Julius, Seize 'Er
Copperhead's voice echoed through the speakers.

"Where'd ya like us ta drop ya?  Be ace if ya kin keep yer new boy-fren on ice 'til Saturday.  I'm sure ya gots lots ta 'scuss . . ."
Papa Bear
 GM, 6133 posts
 Incertum est quo loco
 te mors expectet;
Sun 5 Feb 2017
at 12:29
Re: Julius, Seize 'Er
"I got an old safehouse on the edge of Puyallup. I really appreciate the ride, chummer."
Copperhead
 player, 741 posts
 Tread carefully
 mother-fragger
Sun 5 Feb 2017
at 16:18
Re: Julius, Seize 'Er
The RV pulled gently out of the parking lot and began making her way to the Barrens using her drone to scout ahead and avoid any likely trouble spots.

"Any 'yer frens no o' dis place?  If ya wan, we kin check fer a welcomin party for we leaves da two o'ya ta work on yer 'lationship issues"

Once she's sure the other rigger is "home" safe and Pengrave is being well taken care of, she sends her drone off to scout the warehouse, given that they were already in the vicinity.

What time is it?  How much activity is there in the area of the warehouse?  Any signs of life?
Caduceus
 player, 246 posts
Sun 5 Feb 2017
at 19:01
Re: Julius, Seize 'Er
Caduceus stretched when he finally felt like himself again (more or less).  He had been listening to what had been going on, but hadn't commented, since a large portion of his attention was tranced out in his mental healing cave focusing on recovery.  After dropping off Cleo/Val, he commented, "Looks like we have some solid leads on the last of the chips, and a solid path toward our goal forming.  It's still way too early to call it, but I think our chances of success have gone up significantly in the past few hours here."
Copperhead
 player, 742 posts
 Tread carefully
 mother-fragger
Sun 5 Feb 2017
at 20:55
Re: Julius, Seize 'Er
Copperhead snorted.

"Doan coun cher chick'ns 'for dey's 'atched"
Noruas
 player, 492 posts
 You want me to go where?
 With whaaaaat?
Mon 6 Feb 2017
at 10:36
Re: Julius, Seize 'Er
The dwarf shrugs at Copperhead's comment and adds, I think we can all do with a little optimism right now.

Noruas gently sways his head from one side to the other until he finally here's that *CRICK* in his neck and then says, So where to now?
Caduceus
 player, 247 posts
Thu 9 Feb 2017
at 15:08
Re: Julius, Seize 'Er
Caduceus shrugged off Copperhead's comeback without taking offense.  He knew she was right but didn't mean he couldn't be hopeful.  And Noruas was right.  They really could use some optimism right about now.  Still, Caduceus got back to the business at hand.

"I say we check out Griff's place first.  It would be good to learn more about what Cooperman was up to before we try taking on the potential hornet's nest that could be waiting at the warehouse.  Could always do a bit of astral recon before we finalize our decision though."
Noruas
 player, 494 posts
 You want me to go where?
 With whaaaaat?
Fri 10 Feb 2017
at 13:49
Re: Julius, Seize 'Er
Well, wherever we decide to approach next, I highly suggest we don't split up just yet.  3 out of 4 of us might need whatever time we can spare in this recon to recover.  But I'm game with whichever location you guys want to head to first.

The decisions were now 1 to Griff's place, 1 to the warehouse, and 1 abstaining.  The dwarf looks at the albino man curiously.  Ducky?  Any inputs?
Papa Bear
 GM, 6135 posts
 Incertum est quo loco
 te mors expectet;
Mon 13 Feb 2017
at 21:38
Re: Julius, Seize 'Er

Closing up the thread. Great job!

For Karma:
2 karma for everyone, +1 for Caduceus and White Duck, who through themselves unarmed into the fray and soldiered on even as everything seems to have gone wrong.

Papa Bear
 GM, 6136 posts
 Incertum est quo loco
 te mors expectet;
Mon 13 Feb 2017
at 21:42
Re: Julius, Seize 'Er
Oh, better break the tie or we'll sit here another week :P

Val laughs, "listen fraggers, you got some nice gear here, but my guess is, you'll be hunting Griff for a while. He knows how to lay low. Start with the safehouse."