The gathering of the storm.   Posted by Skald.Group: 0
Wrukaog
 player, 3 posts
Tue 15 Sep 2015
at 10:37
The gathering of the storm
His impatience growing steadily, the orc finally cuts in. Turning to the wordsy-turdsy servant, "Just bring fraokschecht ale, or go. Both ways, Go. Now."

If the man doesn't begin to leave immediately, Wrukaog will try to begin shoving him a bit. Not enough to knock him over, but enough to move him away.

Turning his attention to the other servant, Wrukaog's face becomes flush with amusement at the halfling being inquisitive. He awaits a response.
Skald
 GM, 1075 posts
 Licenced to Kill
Tue 15 Sep 2015
at 13:10
The gathering of the storm
On the verge of asking for some other minuscule and annoying detail the second servant clamps his mouth tightly shut then inclines his head respecfully as he backs away, bowing steadily before finally turning and racing off.

"Oh no, sir !" the first servant replies cheerfully to Cogwitz's question.  "We'd never dream of asking.  I assure you, here at the Inn we're very discreet !"

"Fraokschecht ale for you, perhaps, sir ?" he inquires hopefully of Tesseryn.  "I'm happy to rattle that listing of but sample of our wares off again, or suggest many others that may be to your liking ?"
Wrukaog
 player, 4 posts
Tue 15 Sep 2015
at 17:41
The gathering of the storm
The orc's face goes blank. "If you say again a word before holding ale to me and us for drinking, I will try to cut you to halfs."

"And not with axe." Wrukaog takes a dagger out of his bandoleer, "With this."

"It will take time."

He moves toward the remaining servant to begin pushing him away with the hand not holding the dagger.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:44, Tue 15 Sept 2015.

Cogwitz
 player, 10 posts
Tue 15 Sep 2015
at 18:05
Re: The gathering of the storm
Skald:
"Oh no, sir !" the first servant replies cheerfully to Cogwitz's question.  "We'd never dream of asking.  I assure you, here at the Inn we're very discreet !"


Cogwitz gave a little grin at the words the servant gave.  Well, at least I know that things are not questioned here.  It still didn't answer his question though and Cogwitz wanted to make sure he didn't seem like he was asking.  That is the answer I was looking for, now I advise you to get the drink for my new friend here before you lose something you need... your life.
Tesseryn Brightsoul
 player, 9 posts
 Paladin
 Arm of Dauros
Wed 16 Sep 2015
at 11:05
Re: The gathering of the storm
Tesseryn was musing on Cogwitz mention of performing great things, then he became distracted by the choice of ale and the waiter's life-endangering determination to be of service.  Most of the names sound elvish, and he loses track of the list, twice.  "The first one." he mutters to relieve the waiter, with a grimace to acknowledgement the fellow's discomfort.

He stands and regards Wrukaog sternly.  There are rules of diplomacy for such situations, and such rules have served him well in the past.  "I serve Dauros, the Law Keeper."  He wonders if this warrior is a particularly misshapen goblin champion of Grum-Gog, or whether he too has been greatly altered.  "What is your quest?  And whom do you serve?"
Wrukaog
 player, 5 posts
Wed 16 Sep 2015
at 11:14
Re: The gathering of the storm
I'll wait for the response of the NPC before responding to Tesseryn.
Skald
 GM, 1077 posts
 Licenced to Kill
Sun 20 Sep 2015
at 12:08
Re: The gathering of the storm
Mysteriously, the remaining servant doesn't seem overly troubled by Wrukaog's threat, and the silent but obviously approving bow that indicates he considers Tesseryn's choice to be most excellent seems to be merely the dutiful response to a customer's wishes.  Swiftly he scurries away, narrowly avoiding the orc's outstretched hand ...

... within moments, and impossibly, both servants are back.  The one who took the orc's order bears an exquisitely carved wooden tray from which he swiftly proffers a mug fashioned from some rare and exotic wood of a deep rich brown hue into that hand, placing another that might be its very twin on the table beside Wrukaog along with a board on which are arranged around a dozen varieties of sausage in colours ranging from dark red through purple to black.

"The rest will be along shortly, sir," the servant announces proudly.

The other proceeds to the Elf's side with a silver platter upon which is perched a single large glass tankard in which stands a creamy brew, topped with a rich foam.  Once more he bows, as he offers it up to Tesseryn.
Tesseryn Brightsoul
 player, 10 posts
 Paladin
 Arm of Dauros
Sun 20 Sep 2015
at 13:30
Re: The gathering of the storm
Tesseryn places the tankard on the table without lifting his eyes from Wrukaog.  He is ready to intervene should the goblin's threats turn to violence against the innocent, even though the servant is apparently unaware of his peril.
Skald
 GM, 1079 posts
 Licenced to Kill
Sun 20 Sep 2015
at 13:39
Re: The gathering of the storm
The servant follows the Elf's gaze.  "Ah !  Perhaps I might bring you a selection of the sausages too ?" he asks hopefully.
Wrukaog
 player, 6 posts
Mon 21 Sep 2015
at 10:08
Re: The gathering of the storm
The orc ignores Tesseryn's comments, having little time to react before he is seemingly served exactly what he asked for. He takes a hold of the wooden mug with a nod to the servant and drinks half of it in a few long gulps while keeping eye contact with the man.

How does it taste?
Tesseryn Brightsoul
 player, 11 posts
 Paladin
 Arm of Dauros
Mon 21 Sep 2015
at 13:29
Re: The gathering of the storm
Realizing that the goblin does not understand, and in fact appears contented enough with his meal that no violence against the servants will ensue, Tesseryn warily resumes his seat, muttering under his breath "Dauros has spared you, for now."  He picks up his frothy mug and sips his ale.  Its delicious!  His face quirks a half smile of appreciation.  Quickly recovering his composure, he gives Wrukaog one final glare intended to convey 'I'm watching you'. 

He turns to Cogwitz and asks in an even tone. "You mentioned you were destined to do great things in the name of Brandobaris?  What is it you have left undone?"
Skald
 GM, 1081 posts
 Licenced to Kill
Sat 26 Sep 2015
at 13:52
Re: The gathering of the storm
The servant looks on expectantly as Wrukaog gulps down half of mug of the redoubtable Fraokschecht ale, finding the brew an exemplar of its vintage - perhaps the best the Orc-Not-Goblin has ever tasted !

No less so the Butterbear that Tesseryn has assayed or the wine that Cogwitz sips.  Indeed, it seems that the cellars of the World Serpent Inn are stocked with only the best of all beverages ...

As the Human-Not-Elf's mutters turn into what can only be construed as a smile, another servant joins the others, panting for breath as he wheels a trolley before him, bearing yet more platters of sausages which are dutifully transferred to your table, arrayed before Wrukaog.  One servant opens his mouth, possibly to make a recommendation, but catches the Orc's eye and thinks better of it. 

At the mention of the gods, all three servants look around the room, as if expecting someone else to join you shortly.
Cogwitz
 player, 11 posts
Sun 27 Sep 2015
at 11:07
Re: The gathering of the storm
Cogwitz was stuffing his face with cheese and bread when the question came asking him about things he hadn't quite done as of yet.  There were soo many things that Cogwitz hadn't done in his life that he had to think about the question just a little.  It was quite obvious on his face too that he was thinking.

After a little bit longer and a good draught of wine from his cup, Cogwitz's eyes lit up.  Well, Tesseryn there are a great many things that I have yet to accomplish.  Becoming rich, performing a great feat in the name of Brandobaris, Thwarting some evil being or beings.  Having a family.  These are all important things I have yet to accomplish.  How about you?  Sounds like you were vanquishing evil just befre you came, though I am sorry that you died.  I am happy though that you are here to join me in some great adventure.
Wrukaog
 player, 7 posts
Sun 27 Sep 2015
at 11:24
Re: The gathering of the storm
Wrukaog lets out a satisfied "hrmmm" at the taste of the ale. He then sits down at the table and begins to eat in a relatively orcish fashion, with a bit of smacking of the chops and grunting. He doesn't seem to pay much mind to things around him as he does so.

At Cogwitz's mention of "sorry that you died" when speaking to the human, the orc lets out a bit of a sigh in between bites with a nod, as if he was expecting to hear something like that to confirm a suspicion of his.
Skald
 GM, 1084 posts
 Licenced to Kill
Sun 27 Sep 2015
at 13:38
Re: The gathering of the storm
As you eat, three more servants arrive at your table.  One of them seems senior to both the two with him and the two already attending to your good (or at least non-evil) selves, not only by his manner but also his dress which is immaculate and of such quality material and tailoring that it puts even Tesseryn's fine efforts to shame.

This worthy, however, does seem momentarily perplexed to find the three of you sitting at this particular table, put after a momentary whispered conference with his fellows and a quick glance at the statue behind you, he merely smiles ingratiatingly, remarking that, "You are all most very welcome to the World Serpent Inn - we had not been told that we had such special guests, but rest assured, all is in hand.  Your companions will be joining you shortly."

With a nonchalant wave of his hand, he directs the two servants that accompanied him to lay three more places.

"Most pleased to welcome you," he assures you again.

"Anything else we can get you ?" the original two servants chorus most earnestly.
Tesseryn Brightsoul
 player, 12 posts
 Paladin
 Arm of Dauros
Sun 27 Sep 2015
at 15:05
Re: The gathering of the storm
Tesseryn diligently ignores the spectacle of Wrukaog eating as he finishes his own bread roll.  He nods appreciatively as Cogwitz mentions thwarting evil.  It now seems he has more in common with the halfling than he had first thought.

But then there it is, as he had feared.  A question plainly put, or a falsehood clearly stated, must be answered with truth.  He leans closer to Cogwitz, lowers his eyes and speaks quietly.  "Vanquishing evil, yes, just before I died ... but not just before I came here".  He raises his chin slightly and resolutely speaks the truth. "After death I was raised by the Lich King as an unholy abomination, and used against my will to wreak his evil upon the Kingdom."  His hand shakes as he reaches for his mug.  "Just before I came here I was cut down by those who still loyally served my king."  Finally he looks at Cogwitz again.  "It is a relief beyond measure that I find myself here with you, Cogwitz.  I do not know how or why ... I only pray that I may be given the time to make restitution for my failure."

He sits back and drains the last of the butterbeer, then stares into the foamy dregs of the mug while the servants fuss about full of anticipation but short on answers.
Wrukaog
 player, 8 posts
Mon 28 Sep 2015
at 10:07
Re: The gathering of the storm
"More ale."

There's a bit of a pause, and then an awkward, "Please." It's as if that was perhaps the second or third time the orc had pronounced the word in his life.

Despite the relatively short amount of time that has elapsed, Wrukaog is making substantial progress on finishing his meal.
Cogwitz
 player, 12 posts
Sun 4 Oct 2015
at 10:33
Re: The gathering of the storm
In reply to Skald (msg # 38):

Cogwitz looks to the servant at the mention of companions joining.

What do you mean our companions will be joining us shortly?  Whom else is coming?  Then Cogwitz looks to the companions at the table..
Skald
 GM, 1085 posts
 Licenced to Kill
Sun 4 Oct 2015
at 13:54
Re: The gathering of the storm
Even before the rarest of treasures can pass Wrukaog's lips, a servant is at is shoulder with a pewter decanter and proceeds to refill both mugs.  "Don't mention it, sir," he advises softly.

The senior of the bevy of servants gathered about you snaps his fingers and directs one of the underlings towards Tesseryn's empty mug and two others to fetch reinforcements for the rapidly dwindling feast of sausages set before the orc.  Immediately the offending vessel is whipped away and a fresh tankard of the buttery brew is placed before him, while the pair scuttle off with great haste, vanishing into the smokey recesses of the Inn.

None of those servants remaining seem at all discomfited by Tesseryn's confession, yet as Cogwitz presses the matter of further companions they shift their feet awkwardly and their senior fellow winces slightly (though whether at their footwork or at the question is unclear).

"Ah, that's a little ... delicate," the senior servant leans in, conspiratorially.  "This table you see, is um, actually reserved.  However," he is quick to assure you, "it does seem that you three gentlemen have the right, the obligation, one might say, to be here," his gaze flicks up at the statue at the rear of the alcove and he hunches down almost imperceptibly.

"In any event, we should shortly see the arrival of two gentlemen and a lady to join your group - one Brindle Thistlefoot, a Halfing wizard, the Elven mage Aurion Moonbeak, and," he pauses, considering.  "The Lady Leisha, a woman of many talents."

"All heroes of great repute," he assures you, "and like your good selves our most special guests."
Wrukaog
 player, 9 posts
Sun 4 Oct 2015
at 16:52
Re: The gathering of the storm
The orc takes out the same knife he previously used to threaten one of the servants and begins picking his teeth, in between, at a slightly reduced rate, gulping down more ale.

He seems relatively detached from the goings-ons around him, as if lost in thought, and his meal.
Tesseryn Brightsoul
 player, 13 posts
 Paladin
 Arm of Dauros
Tue 6 Oct 2015
at 12:08
Re: The gathering of the storm
Tesseryn lets out a low slow breath of pent up tension.  The priest did not seem at all disturbed by his most painful confession.  He feels its great weight shifted slightly.  He glances up at the lethal status that seems to be making the servant so nervous then catches the head waiter's eye.  "More bread, if you would be so kind.  With butter?"  Perhaps it would do no harm to indulge just a little, at least until his opportunity to make amends becomes clear.

He returns Cogwitz gaze.  "I have not heard of these heroes.  Have you?"
Cogwitz
 player, 13 posts
Tue 6 Oct 2015
at 15:19
Re: The gathering of the storm
Cogwitz could see the relief on the noble warriors face after Cogwitz hadn't judged the man for his previous life.  How could he, Cogwitz wasn't always the stand up guy he is today afterall.

Cogwitz thinks about it for a moment to see if he had heard anything of these heroes before he answers.
Skald
 GM, 1092 posts
 Licenced to Kill
Wed 7 Oct 2015
at 13:57
Re: The gathering of the storm


"Here we are !" the leading servant announces, proudly, assisting the newcomers to their seats with undue regard and care.

However the original incumbents at the table are not forgotten !  Another troupe of servants stagger over with more plates of sausages for Wrukaog, while a single servant sheathed in purest samite bears a silver platter with fine white china crockery with Tesseryn's bread and butter.

The senior servant refuses to show even the slightest sign of perturbation as he quells the cymbal player with a pointed glance and politely asks, "Sirs, ma'am - would you like me to do the introductions ?" while a sharp snap of his fingers brings a few more servants over to take orders.

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:58, Wed 07 Oct 2015.

Wrukaog
 player, 11 posts
Wed 7 Oct 2015
at 16:27
Re: The gathering of the storm
Wrukaog glances over each of them, his eyes lingering quite a bit longer on the elf, then returns to eating. His dagger still lies on the table, small pieces of fatty tissue stuck to it, in case he might need to pick his teeth once more.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:29, Wed 07 Oct 2015.

Cogwitz
 player, 15 posts
Wed 7 Oct 2015
at 16:41
Re: The gathering of the storm
Cogwitz had thought long enough, perhaps it was the wine he had drank or perhaps he just didn't remember, but he stated, I think I have heard of Aurion Moonbeak.  I am not sure where or how, but I have heard of her.

As the procession of the newcomers arrive, Cogwitz looks closer at them to see if he recognizes any.