The Last Test - 1.   Posted by DM Heath.Group: 0
Tahldar of Tyrannia
 player, 492 posts
 Ac 3 Hp 54/54
 Thac0 18
Wed 29 Mar 2017
at 16:50
The Last Test - 1
Tahldar carefully picks up the sackcloth and looks to see what's inside.
Leogold Silvershaper
 player, 225 posts
 44/44
Wed 29 Mar 2017
at 17:23
The Last Test - 1
Leo does his best to bind his wound.
DM Heath
 GM, 5742 posts
Mon 3 Apr 2017
at 21:10
The Last Test - 1
You unwrap the sackcloth and find a gold cup wrapped in it.  The cup has engravings:


What is strange about the cup is that it is on its side in the chest, and it is filled with a liquid that is the color of red wine.  But the liquid is not leaking.  Instead, it falls up against the mouth of the cup as if held back by some invisible wall.

There is wording in Ancient Allevian on the bottom of the cup.

There is also a stash of about 200 gold coins of an undetermined currency and country.

The sackcloth is also waxy to the touch and feels unnaturally strong.  It is about 2 feet by 2 feet in size.
Tahldar of Tyrannia
 player, 493 posts
 Ac 3 Hp 54/54
 Thac0 18
Tue 4 Apr 2017
at 12:48
The Last Test - 1
Tahldar attempts to read the Allevian words written on the side of the cup.

OOC: Tahldar knows Allevian...

Borimer
 player, 2744 posts
 Ac 0 Hp 90/90
 Thac0 12 Mvt18"
Tue 4 Apr 2017
at 15:14
The Last Test - 1
Borimer keeps his eyes on the surroundings as Tahldar tries to decipher the Allevien script on the chalice.
DM Heath
 GM, 5743 posts
Tue 11 Apr 2017
at 20:06
The Last Test - 1
The words translate as:

"cup of water of life"
"pressed lips release its boon"
"fill and hold, sip and see"
Shae Shadowglen
 player, 240 posts
Tue 11 Apr 2017
at 22:14
The Last Test - 1
Shae says, "It looks like you are supposed to drink from it and see what happens.  Any takers?"
Borimer
 player, 2745 posts
 Ac 0 Hp 90/90
 Thac0 12 Mvt18"
Wed 12 Apr 2017
at 06:47
The Last Test - 1
Borimer grins, picks up the cup, and takes a large swig...
Leogold Silvershaper
 player, 226 posts
 44/44
Wed 12 Apr 2017
at 14:11
The Last Test - 1
Leo braces himself for the worst.

<ooc am I still taking damage from the wound?>
DM Heath
 GM, 5743 posts
Thu 13 Apr 2017
at 01:08
The Last Test - 1
Borimer takes a long drink from the cup.  When his lips touch it, the liquid is released into his mouth even though it otherwise would not spill.

Borimer gets a strange look on his face and drops the cup, which rolls but does not spill the remaining liquid.  He then falls to his knees, clutches his neck and collapses to the ground.
DM Heath
 GM, 5744 posts
Thu 13 Apr 2017
at 01:09
The Last Test - 1
In reply to Leogold Silvershaper (msg # 84):

Leo is no longer taking damage.
Tahldar of Tyrannia
 player, 494 posts
 Ac 3 Hp 54/54
 Thac0 18
Thu 13 Apr 2017
at 02:25
The Last Test - 1
Tahldar looks at Borimer with concern, but there is little the mage can do to help him.

"Kahan, is he poisoned?" he asks of their cleric.

OOC: Is Kahan still playing?  He hasn't logged in for some time.

DM Heath
 GM, 5745 posts
Fri 14 Apr 2017
at 17:00
The Last Test - 1
(I think Kahan is still around but I'm not sure.  His player is in another game I'm in, and he hasn't posted there in awhile either.  He may just be on a break because he has always been very reliable.  I suppose I will NPC him until his player returns.)

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:01, Fri 14 Apr 2017.

DM Heath
 GM, 5746 posts
Fri 14 Apr 2017
at 17:02
The Last Test - 1
Kahan begins inspecting Borimer.  He cannot find a pulse or any breath.  Borimer's eyes are rolled up.  One arm begins twitching.
DM Heath
 GM, 5747 posts
Fri 14 Apr 2017
at 23:30
The Last Test - 1

Borimer suddenly seizes up, his hands curling into fists.  He takes in a breath and opens his eyes suddenly.
Tahldar of Tyrannia
 player, 495 posts
 Ac 3 Hp 54/54
 Thac0 18
Sat 15 Apr 2017
at 01:19
The Last Test - 1
Tahldar looks at Borimer with surprise.  "What did you see?  What happened?" he asks inquisitively.
Borimer
 player, 2746 posts
 Ac 0 Hp 90/90
 Thac0 12 Mvt18"
Sat 15 Apr 2017
at 18:25
The Last Test - 1
Borimer sits up and blinks, "The source of all magic..." He stands up shakily and regains his feet. "There was an old man, a prisoner of a large dragon in blue water. It had just been woken, but I don't think it knew I was there...if I was there, wherever there is." Borimer takes a swig of water from his skin, "There was a hole in the ground like an eye, and a voice from the heavens that proclaimed the source of all magic. Down that hole in the earth?"
Tahldar of Tyrannia
 player, 496 posts
 Ac 3 Hp 54/54
 Thac0 18
Sat 15 Apr 2017
at 18:45
The Last Test - 1
"Interesting.  I shall dwell upon this.  But for now we should keep moving.  There's more to search and we still need to find out what happened to the pair we've been trailing."
DM Heath
 GM, 5748 posts
Thu 20 Apr 2017
at 18:13
The Last Test - 1
You follow the blue flowing river a little further until it forks.  Off to the right, only a tiny rivulet stream flows, and the cave is mostly mud as it heads off into darkness.  You see human boot prints in the mud heading off in that direction, which you can only assume belong to Fingus and Battrus.

To your left, the majority of the deep blue river flows downhill, but you could follow it along the banks and the large stones.  Deep down that way to your left, out of sight, you hear what appears to be a man screaming in pain.  The sound carries well along the water.

The golden box which you have been ignoring for some time now begins to glow strongly and pulsate.

Borimer
 player, 2747 posts
 Ac 0 Hp 90/90
 Thac0 12 Mvt18"
Mon 24 Apr 2017
at 20:52
The Last Test - 1
Borimer points with his chin to the area at the left and draws the Godslayer, "That was where my dream began, floating up from there." He keeps an eye out for the wyrm.
Shae Shadowglen
 player, 241 posts
Mon 24 Apr 2017
at 22:44
The Last Test - 1
Shae says, "Then we head that way.  If someone is hurt, we should render aid as well.  That scream does not bode well for us."  Shae uses her ancestral spear as a walking stick in the mud as she follows the group to the left.
Tahldar of Tyrannia
 player, 498 posts
 Ac 3 Hp 54/54
 Thac0 18
Mon 24 Apr 2017
at 23:07
The Last Test - 1
"Yes, lets go left.  But remember you can still fly Borimer which might come in handy."
Borimer
 player, 2748 posts
Tue 25 Apr 2017
at 10:52
The Last Test - 1

This message was deleted by the player at 10:56, Tue 25 Apr 2017.

Borimer
 player, 2749 posts
 Ac 5 (0) Hp 90/90
 Thac0 12 Mvt18"
Tue 25 Apr 2017
at 10:56
The Last Test - 1
Borimer lifts into the air just a few feet above the ground and silently bemoans the temporary loss of his armor. He leads the way left when everyone is ready.
Leogold Silvershaper
 player, 227 posts
 44/44
Tue 25 Apr 2017
at 14:52
The Last Test - 1
Leo follows along as best he can.