Chapter 2: Tomon Head.   Posted by IC.Group: archive 0
Azara
 player, 413 posts
Sun 13 Jan 2008
at 05:18
Re: Act 1; Falme

"What we need is to get Magda Sedai back to Arturo's Orchard and to the Aes Sedai that sent us to find her in the first place."

"We have what we were sent to find and more so, it would be foolish to go back into the city with the Sul'dam and the Damane in tow."
Darek Halchov
 player, 362 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sun 13 Jan 2008
at 14:19
Re: Act 1; Falme
"Very well, I've learned what I came to learn as well. We would fair better with food and such though. We could forage and hunt somewhat on the way."

This message was last edited by the player at 14:47, Mon 14 Jan 2008.

Fernandes
 GM, 678 posts
 Gamemaster
Mon 14 Jan 2008
at 06:51
Re: Act 1; Falme
I seem to remember that your charrcter worked for Mazrim Taim, and he may have claimed the title Mhael as a false dragon, but there is no black tower yet.  Taem is, in fact, still busy trying to unseat the Queen of Saldea as a False Dragon.
Darek Halchov
 player, 363 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Mon 14 Jan 2008
at 14:47
Re: Act 1; Falme
[Private to Fernandes: Under Private messages it was Logain. Didn't realize the Tower didn't exist yet.]

LOL  I thought the Tower existed.. time to go found it then. :)

IC

Darek looks for a way away from the city and the battles, and begins walking Kiserai that way. He holds saidin, as painful and distasteful as it is exhilerating and powerful, at least until they seem safely away.

"There are many others that need to know of what we have learned. Who'd ever have thought Artur Hawkwing's army would have returned with leashed Ais Sedai. If this was just a scouting force, the nations as we know 'em could be in serious trouble."

"Magda Sedai, how and where did they capture you? Did you hear anything more of their plans or any way besides battle to stop them?"

This message was last edited by the player at 20:27, Mon 14 Jan 2008.

Fernandes
 GM, 679 posts
 Gamemaster
Mon 14 Jan 2008
at 17:24
Re: Act 1; Falme
"We were caught be surprise on the outskirts of the city, when they raided the village I was staying in.  My warder was awake in an instant of course, and went down to investigate.  I... I felt him.... die... and I must have lost consciousness.  When I awoke, I was tied to the back of a horse, with one of those leashes of theirs around my neck."

She sighs, "You are right, of course, we must go.  Perhaps Arturo's or-"   She cuts off, looking up at the sky.  The reason for her interest becomes immediately apparent: LIghtning crackles across the sky, and two enourmous figures take shape in the misty haze of cloud and smoke above you, looking over the battlefield and the ity of Falme.  A man who's face is covered in flames battles a young man with a lightning-quick sword.  Behind them, an image of the gold-fringed banner ripples in an unseen wind.

Several times, Magda Sedai opens her mouth to speak but the words do not seem to be coming.
Darek Halchov
 player, 364 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Mon 14 Jan 2008
at 20:26
Re: Act 1; Falme
Darek, still holding saidin, looks up in awe, trying to feel any echo of saidin, for surely that must be what this is. He studied both faces, in case he should ever encounter either again while silently praying to the Creator that the young man with the sword win.

After all, a man fighting, wreathed in flames, could not be good.
Azara
 player, 414 posts
Mon 14 Jan 2008
at 22:37
Re: Act 1; Falme
Azara's eyes take in the scene of an epic fight in the clouds above Flame THe Dragon Banner waving in the sky ehind the two combatants.   A name comes to mind, a name out of Legends.  IT was not just the summoning of Artur Hawkwing and other Heroes of Legend, but another figure of Legend.

"The Dragon Reborn," she calls out. "It must be the Dragon Reborn," her awestruck words are carried to all in the group.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:04, Tue 15 Jan 2008.

Melina
 player, 292 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Tue 15 Jan 2008
at 21:38
Re: Act 1; Falme
The name Azsrs says means nothing to Melina however she does not want to just sneak away.  She looks over to where Raiel has placed the body of the Shienarian on her horse.

"We should return him to his own people, if possible." she states to Darek and the others.  She wiggle out of Darek's grasp and dismounts from his horse.  Stepping over to mount up on the horse Azara has loaned her.  We will move faster without your horse carrying double.  And I will feel more secure with one leg on each side of the saddle.

"Raiel find us a path to the Shienarians."

This message was last edited by the player at 17:11, Fri 18 Jan 2008.

Rai'el
 player, 392 posts
Fri 18 Jan 2008
at 17:16
Re: Act 1; Falme
Raiel looks over the battle fiel and the ebb and flow off the combatants and picks a route that she thinks will get to to the dafety of the Shienarians.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:08, Sat 19 Jan 2008.

Fernandes
 GM, 680 posts
 Gamemaster
Sat 19 Jan 2008
at 05:05
Re: Act 1; Falme
Umm... there /are/ no Shienarans.  Or at least, there is no army or unit on the field that bears any resemblance to the Shienaran soldiery with which Rai'el is familiar.

Overhead, the battle in the sky rages on until, at last, both combatants strike each other at once, and two cries ring out - one of very human pain, while the other is inhuman and seems to tear at your souls.  It is the masked figure who vanishes first, however, in a blast of flame, while the young man's face fades slowly.

Magda Sedai, when the spectacle finishes, says, <b>"We... should get out of here.  We should retunr, as you said to Arturo's Orchard, or some other town.  The White Tower can make arrangements to bring Lord Ingtar home to his people.
Rai'el
 player, 393 posts
Sat 19 Jan 2008
at 05:11
Re: Act 1; Falme
Raiel looks to melina for her okay.  THen she searchs for a new path away from the hostile units.  With one fond that seems suitable she moves off leading the Shienarians horse over to Melina to hold on to for now.  Raiel cannot waste time with that while she is scouting for a safe passage for them all.
Melina
 player, 294 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Sat 19 Jan 2008
at 05:18
Re: Act 1; Falme
Melina nods to Raiel and then takes the horse that is brought to her and ties it to her saddle.  She is not such a good rider yet that she can control two mounts.  It hopefully with follow the tug on the reins with not real problems.

Go ahead Raiel.  SHe says and in hand talk she continues wiht.  <<Take care, near sister.>>
Azara
 player, 415 posts
Sun 20 Jan 2008
at 05:10
Re: Act 1; Falme

Azara leads the Suldame and the 2 Damane and heads off the way that Raiel went. She keeps an embrace of Saidar as she goes to heighten her senses and have ready if needed.
Darek Halchov
 player, 365 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sun 20 Jan 2008
at 06:06
Re: Act 1; Falme
Darek smiles, glad the Dragon Reborn won. He was quiet as he held saidin, keeping an eye out for trouble as they fled the remnants of the battle, and Toman Head.

OOC

Getting that 1,000 post limit warning.. Time for new thread. :)
Melina
 player, 295 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Sun 20 Jan 2008
at 07:55
Re: Act 1; Falme
Melina keeps herself open to Saidin ready to feed it to Darek.  She keeps an eye on the suldame and damane so tht they pull no tricks or try to get away.
Fernandes
 GM, 681 posts
 Gamemaster
Mon 21 Jan 2008
at 01:50
Chapter 2: Epilogue
As you wind your way away from the battle, the fighting begins to die.  Almost as if the battle on the ground were a mirror of the titanic struggle in the sky, the defeat of the fire-faced man seems to coincide with the final breaking of the Seanchan lines.  From the hills east of the city, you can look back and see their great ships casting off, and fleeing west into the sunset.  From a few ships, fireballs streak back towards the shore, but the mist-shrouded warriors are as impervious to their weaves as ever.  The children meanwhile, are scattered.

The Damane and Sul'dam you ave captured stare at this scene in horror, both of them realizing that there will be no escape back to their homeland.  They both follow you without further words or any resistance, weeping intermittently, and plainly terrified; the Sul'dam perhaps even more than her former slave.  Amazingly, they spend a lot of time leaning on each other (in both a literal and emotional sense) during the journey back towards Arturo's Orchard.

-----

You arrive at the small town to find its population much reduced, premusably a result of recent troubles.  The inn still stands, however, and all seems well... except for the fact that Nadira Sedai is no longer there.  She has left a message, however, with the inkeeper, a folded piece of paper reading simply:

Dire events have called me away.  You may find me at the Inn of the Golden Cup in Tanchico, in Tarabon.  There I will pay you the balance of your reward (500 Gold Marks), and may have further favours to ask of you: dark things are afoot in the city: I fear for the world if they are not dealt with.

Nadira Sedai


The script has a frantic look to it, as if hastily scribbled.  Her dire warnings call to your mind as well the conversation that you overheard between the darkfriend Whitecloak and the Myrdraal, and the plan they spoke of in Tanchico.

As you rest in the town, news also reaches your ears - a relief to most, but to Darek, of particular significance: the false dragon Logain was captured some months ago; by now, he will surely have reached Tar Valon, unless he has somehow escaped.

Magda sighs.  "I owe you all a great debt of gratitude.  I must return to the White Tower, and tell them what I have seen..." she pauses, casting an evaluating look at Darek, and continues, "... most of what I have seen, but I will always be in your debt.  What you do now is for you to decide, but I have never seen Nadira Sedai agitated; I suggest you go to her in Tanchico.  I would pay you the remainder of your reward, but obviously I no longer have my possessions, so I fear that unless you wish to accompany me to Tar Valon Nadira must do that as well.  I should also like to bring those two," she nods her head at your two prisoners, "back with me, and the strange device they used as well.  There may be much we can learn from them in case this threat should ever come again."

This is essentially the end of the chapter.  You may dispose of the prisoners however you wish (the two of them seem, improbably, to have bonded in their mutual captivity, and if anything, the Damane is now quite protective of her former mistress (who is, in turn, a broken woman in the wake of the recent events).  Magda will be glad to take them.

Similarly, you are free to do as you wish from here on, however, accompanying Magda back to the Tower is probably inadvisable for any number of reasons.  Similarly searching for the true Dragon Reborn (for news of the battle in sky is everywhere, and the popular consensus is that this must surely be him) is possible, however, there is no trail to follow, and there is a vast amount of sparse and uninhabited wilderness in in the mountains in which to search.  Tsanchico seems the obvious choice.




END OF CHAPTER 2



By ship and horse the stories spread; by merchant wagon, and man on foot, told and retold, always changing, yet always alike at the heart, to Tarabon and Arad Doman and beyond, of signs and portents in the sky above Falme, and men declared themselves for The Dragon, and other men struck them down, and were struck down in return.

Other tales spread of a column that rode from the sinking sun across the Almoth plain.  A hundred bordermen, it was said.  No a thousand.  No a thousand heroes come back from the grave to answer the call of The Horne of Valere.  Ten thousand.  They had destroyed a legion of the Children entire.  They had thrown Artur Hawkwing's returned armies back into the sea.  They were Artur Hawkwing's armies returned.  Towards the mountains, the rode; towards the dawn.

Yet one thing every tale had the same.  At their head rode a man who's face had been seen in the sky above Falme, and they rode under the banner of the Dragon Reborn.

Darek Halchov
 player, 366 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Mon 21 Jan 2008
at 13:40
Re: Chapter 2: Epilogue
Glad to be away from Falme and the Seanchan, Darek was quieter than usual as they rode back to Arturo's Orchard. Rumors usually had a basis in fact and he ha little doubt that Logain had indeed been captured.

'Didn't these witches realize not only would the Dragon Reborn be needed at the final battle, but all channelers?' he thought to himself. He had gone to Falme, distrusting and even hating Ais Sedai, yet he had risked his own life without a second thought to save Melina, and an Ais Sedai.

When Magda Sedai spoke her farewells, Darek finally broke his silence, "May the Light protect you, Magda Sedai, that we shall fight side by side at the final battle." It was the most he could say to reflect his newfound respect of her and the vast change in attitude.

With a slight pause he added, "If you see Logain, please tell him I was here to see the events in Falme, and that his fears are real." Had it not been for Logain, he likely would not have been in Falme to help, to have seen for his own eyes the Seanchan and the Dragon Reborn in the sky, not to mention the Heroes of the Horn."

When she left, he bid the Seanchan captives good luck. It would have been nice to have one of the A'dam.

He turned to the Melina, then looked at the others as well. "I would travel to Tanchico with you, if you wish." As much as he might want to free his friend Logain, walking into the White Tower was beyond foolishness. Perhaps if he learned more, saved enough Ais Sedai, or found more male channelers, he could save Logain, or at least see that his mission was carried out.
Melina
 player, 296 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Mon 21 Jan 2008
at 16:18
Re: Chapter 2: Epilogue
Melina looks over to Raiel, then back to Darek,  "I had hope to go home for a time.  But we are owed just recompense. and the Aes Sedai must know that we have been true to our word and finished our task.  If you wish you may travel with us we have worked together well in trying times and you are owed as well." Melina comments then adds.  We will leave as soon as you are ready."

"Azara, do you want to accompany us or will you go home."
Rai'el
 player, 394 posts
Mon 21 Jan 2008
at 16:21
Re: Chapter 2: Epilogue
"Where you go I go near sister."  When it is time the Wheel will weave our path home."  Raiel says succintly.


She gives a look to Darek but says nothing.  "We should buy a few supplies with what coins we have.  Though it is not much Melina and I have lived of the land for some time now."
Fernandes
 GM, 684 posts
 Gamemaster
Mon 21 Jan 2008
at 21:26
Re: Chapter 2: Epilogue
I take it everyone is quite alright with sending the captives off to Tar Valon then?

Magda Sedai raises an eyebrow at Darek's apparent familiarity with the false dragon, but says nothing.  She takes the prisoners in hand and leaves, making preperations to depart.  Neither of them shows any will to try escape.
Darek Halchov
 player, 367 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 22 Jan 2008
at 01:56
Re: Chapter 2: Epilogue
Looking at Melina, Darek bows as one would to royalty. "You owe me nothing. I am pleased to have been able to help and thank you for your help as well. Your company has been a welcome blessing from the Creator himself."

"I have some coin to contribute as well. We may even be able to find employment as guards or escorts for a caravan to Tanchico. Kiserai her deserves some oats and apples if we can find any." Darek patted Kiserai on the neck, lovingly. He could not think of a better mount to have.

"Shall we shop and head out?"
Azara
 player, 416 posts
Tue 22 Jan 2008
at 02:33
Re: Chapter 2: Epilogue

No money, no Nadia Sedai put a damper on what they had accomplished. She had wanted to know what they were good for ever since they set out from Arturo's Orchard.

"Magda Sedai, Nadia Sedai promised to tell me what these were," Azara digs out the two statuettes she has carried ever since their incident at the tower.  "I was wondering if you could tell me what they might do. Nadia Sedai hinted that they were fashioned with or by the One Power."

As Melina speaks about what she was planning to do Azara shrugs, "I am not going home, there is nothing there for me.  I am in need of the promised funds,for now I will have to sing for my board and bed as we travel to Tanchico.
Fernandes
 GM, 685 posts
 Gamemaster
Tue 22 Jan 2008
at 04:23
Re: Chapter 2: Epilogue
Magda sedai examins the statues.  "Unless I miss my guess, they are made for communication.  Channel spirit into one of them, and you may speak with whomever holds the other though you are miles apart.  Normally, the tower considers all such things its property, of course, but in this case... I think perhaps you may find use for them in your travels."

Fortunately, Magda Sedai has a VERY good knowledge: Arcana roll.
Azara
 player, 418 posts
Wed 23 Jan 2008
at 00:58
Re: Chapter 2: Epilogue

"Thank you,Magda Sedai, I will take care of them."  Then turning to Darek, "We have extras horses that we can pack supplies on, and, if needed we can sell one for funds."

"Raiel, you are our scout and although you can not channel, I can initiate the communication and when you go out to scout, we can stay in communication, and that goes for Darek also, as he has shown some skill in scouting, though not up to Aiel standards."

Azara had earlier tied a stout thong to each of the  statuettes and now passed the male to Raiel. "I suppose we should practice while out shopping. Darek and I can take care of the supplies, we both are used to bargaining with Wetlanders."

"After that I suggest a good rest and food, before we set out tomorrow. I want to bring my journal up to date tonight.
Darek Halchov
 player, 368 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Wed 23 Jan 2008
at 01:28
Re: Chapter 2: Epilogue
Darek nods. "Supplies that can be found and then on the road again."

with the plan seemingly settled, Darek ties off Kiserai and ties off a small weave of hardened air around the knot in the rains. No one would be taking off with his mount, if Kiserai even allowed anyone near him. :)