Chapter 2: Tomon Head.   Posted by IC.Group: archive 0
Azara
 player, 371 posts
Fri 14 Sep 2007
at 00:19
Re: Act 1; Falme

Azara joins with Melina,and Darek. She set a tie on the tie on the weave holding the Seanchan hoping that it will hold the pair so that the wall of silence can be raised and tied.

"Your lead, Darek."
Darek Halchov
 player, 300 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 14 Sep 2007
at 01:08
Re: Act 1; Falme
Darek opens himself to saidin, fighting the rush of power that threatened to sweep him away as a flooding stream in spring washed away banks and bridges alike.

Grasping the flows offered by the others Darek wove a circle of silence around the room, stopping it just inside the door to the room. This should allow those without and knocking to be heard from within.

He wondered how hard it would be to alter such a weave to ensure the seanchan women stayed within.
Fernandes
 GM, 591 posts
 Gamemaster
Fri 14 Sep 2007
at 02:25
Re: Act 1; Falme
Darek's weave is erected with little difficulty.
Darek Halchov
 player, 301 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 14 Sep 2007
at 12:37
Re: Act 1; Falme
"That should help," Darek says as he ties off the weave.

Looking to the Seanchan, he says, "here, you must be hungry."
Azara
 player, 372 posts
Fri 14 Sep 2007
at 18:55
Re: Act 1; Falme

Azara smiles at the Seanchan as she brought them their food, knowing the terror of their position, especially the Sul'dame.

She also pours som alee into the mugs Darek brought up with the tray and takes it to them.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:55, Fri 14 Sept 2007.

Darek Halchov
 player, 302 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 14 Sep 2007
at 19:02
Re: Act 1; Falme
Darek sits, looking at the captives as they are given food. To ensure them it is not poisoned, if they couldn't see there would be no reason to go through so much to simply poison them, Darek ate some of the food as well.

"Please, we will not harm you as long as you cooperate and try not to leave or alert others. Please, tell us what you know of the house where the damane and sul'dam are living."
Rai'el
 player, 354 posts
Sat 15 Sep 2007
at 00:41
Re: Act 1; Falme
Raiel goes down into the common room to order her meal and a tankard of ale.  She keeps alokout for any signs of Seanchan nosing about or any sign of Damane and Sul'dam
Fernandes
 GM, 593 posts
 Gamemaster
Sat 15 Sep 2007
at 03:00
Re: Act 1; Falme
The Sul'dam and Damane eat sparingly.

The sul'dam describes the house in good detail.  its servants - mostly Seanchan, but some few are locals, since the Seanchan brought mostly soldiers with there fleet of 'forerunners', and now that they are slowly conquering the countryside there are not enough Seanchan servants to go around.  The Damane are importnat though, so most of the tsks assigned to locals are things like kitchen-work, or stable-hands - tasks that are unlikely to bring them into contact with the Damane.

The damane are kept in seperate rooms, and wear their A'dams at all times.  Less then half of the damane are those who were brought from Seanchan.  The rest have been taken here.  And of those latter group, perhaps a third have been "properly broken".  The house is very large, and some modifications have been made to sub-divide it into further rooms.  It was built to be a manor-house, though, not a fortified barracks or a prison - if one knows the house, it can be gotten around without too much trouble at certain times of night.  The Sul'dam provides a details description.

In fat,a lthough the exterior is guarded, the interior has no soldiers, and no posted guards.  The Sul'dam are always aroudn during the day, but they are generally confident in the infalibility of their A'Dam, and their hold on the ciyt around it.

All in all you get the impression that getting in will be the challenge.  Once there, it may become easier.

As for Magda Sedai, she tells you that the an Aes Sedai was indeed captured by that name (she says 'Aes Sedai' as if it were a curse).  She is being held in the attick.
Rai'el
 player, 355 posts
Fri 21 Sep 2007
at 00:53
Re: Act 1; Falme
Raiel orders a tankard of aled and pays for it with mixed coins.  When she goes outside to keep an eye of the commings and goings around the inn.  Alert for any signs of Seanchen and especially the leashed ones.
Melina
 player, 263 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Fri 21 Sep 2007
at 00:56
Re: Act 1; Falme
Melina sat back on the bed as the the Seanchen Sul'dam spoke.  Turning to Darek.  "Yes she was the one we were sent to find.  Now how to get her out of there that is the question we need to consider carefully.
Darek Halchov
 player, 303 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 21 Sep 2007
at 01:11
Re: Act 1; Falme
"If the bracelet is taken off, what keeps the damane from simply leaving with it?"

If they could figure that out, then perhaps it would be safe to leave the pair in the room.
Fernandes
 GM, 594 posts
 Gamemaster
Fri 21 Sep 2007
at 01:15
Re: Act 1; Falme
"The A'dam will prevent them from moving."
Darek Halchov
 player, 304 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 21 Sep 2007
at 01:40
Re: Act 1; Falme
"So, it will keep you from moving if you are ordered not to, or at all times?"
Fernandes
 GM, 595 posts
 Gamemaster
Fri 21 Sep 2007
at 02:05
Re: Act 1; Falme
"The bracelet cannot be moved by one wearing the collar.  The pain would be incapacitating."
Darek Halchov
 player, 305 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 21 Sep 2007
at 02:58
Re: Act 1; Falme
Darek smiled. This was fortunate information.

He turned to Melina and the others. "Ok. So, we should enter during shift change. I think Invisibility and silence might help. The other option would be to enter with a damane. It may be some time before 1 or 2 patrols isn't missed, but they eventually will be and too many would be missed quicker."

"Are the new damane ever taken out? When are the fewest sul'dam in their residence?"
Fernandes
 GM, 596 posts
 Gamemaster
Fri 21 Sep 2007
at 03:11
Re: Act 1; Falme
"Damane are excercized regularly.  They rarely leave the compound, however, until they are fully trained.  Even then, we have not had much call to send more then a few of them at a time out on patrols.  There are rumors that the High Lord is preparing for a new campaign that will demand more of their services, but if so, I know nothing of it."
Darek Halchov
 player, 306 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 21 Sep 2007
at 13:05
Re: Act 1; Falme
Darek looked at Melina. This wasn't surprising news; that the Invaders would be planing a larger attack, but he hoped they would have time to weekend their forces before them and maybe the Lord Dragon could make them see reason.

"You realize that untieing a weave would destroy everything in this town, including yourself?" Derik askes both the sul'dam and the damane.

"If we leave you shielded and tied here and take the damane in on the a'dam, will you remain here and not try to get away or be rescued? Otherwise, we'll have to leave the damane here and take you," Darek says, looking at the sul'dam. "I don't suppose you wish to be found subject to an a'dam. I doubt other sul'dam would distinguish you from any other damane."
Melina
 player, 264 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Fri 21 Sep 2007
at 15:25
Re: Act 1; Falme
"Perhaps that idea of getting a job in that house would be of benefit now." says Melina, trying to get her head around coverta activities something she is not very familiar with.
Darek Halchov
 player, 308 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 4 Oct 2007
at 02:34
Re: Act 1; Falme
Darek nods to Melina as he waits for the sul'dam to answer.
Fernandes
 GM, 599 posts
 Gamemaster
Thu 4 Oct 2007
at 08:00
Re: Act 1; Falme
"If youw ishe dto do so, that wuld be the easiest way to gain access."  The sul'dam nods.
Darek Halchov
 player, 309 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 4 Oct 2007
at 12:27
Re: Act 1; Falme
"If we leave you shielded and tied here and take the damane in on the a'dam, will you remain here and not try to get away or be rescued? Otherwise, we'll have to leave the damane here and take you," Darek says, looking at the sul'dam. "I don't suppose you wish to be found subject to an a'dam. I doubt other sul'dam would distinguish you from any other damane."

"How does someone get hired on?"
Melina
 player, 265 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Thu 4 Oct 2007
at 16:13
Re: Act 1; Falme
Melina waits for the Sul'dam to answer then she has a quesiton of her own. She needs to know if they can only tell if a woman shannels or can they tell even when she is not.  It would make a difference to who gets the job at the house.

After the Sul'dam askes her question Melina askes this one  "How your you discover woman who use of the One Power? Can you tell only if she is Channeling or can you tell even when she is not ?"
Fernandes
 GM, 600 posts
 Gamemaster
Thu 4 Oct 2007
at 17:37
Re: Act 1; Falme
The Sul'dam looks at Darek like an idiot.  It occurs to you that if she were planning to escape, she probably wouldn't admit it.

"If you wish to be hiered, you must speak with Ladala, the mistress of servants."

"If a Sul'dam concentrates, she can tell if a woman can channel, but it requires focus, and it works best if a damane channels near the woman.  It is difficult to do casually.  It is doubtful you will be inspected; the Forerunners' hold on this city is secure, and its population has already been combed for women who are so-cursed."

Darek Halchov
 player, 310 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 4 Oct 2007
at 18:04
Re: Act 1; Falme
"I must needs head back downstairs. Dinner service will begin in ernest soon."

Darek takes any empty dishes with him as he leaves, gently shutting the door behind himself.
Azara
 player, 374 posts
Fri 5 Oct 2007
at 00:05
Re: Act 1; Falme

Later when out of earshot from, the Sul'dame and Damane, Azara huddles with Raiel and Melina.

"I would take anything she says with a ship load of salt."  From grain to ship load was a great exaggeration, but it fit in this case.