Chapter 2: Tomon Head.   Posted by IC.Group: archive 0
Melina
 player, 267 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Thu 25 Oct 2007
at 18:39
Re: Act 1; Falme
Melina is practicing patience.  IT was a lessons that was taught to all apprentice Wice Women.  Frequently they were the most rigous lessons that wone learned.  Perhaps because they set the tone for later training Melina thought as she kept watch on the two Seanchan Shannelers.  It was strange that the Seanchan did not know that all ther Suldam were shannelers too only they did not come naturally into their power but they were ones that could be taught to shannel.  The Seanchan had it all backwards.  Such women should be treasured not enslaved.

WHen Darek came up on his few hours of break, he would give a break to either Azara or herself.

Melina would take that time to go out of the inn and ealk around briskly.  She was not so used to being couped up all day.  She was also not use to not having Raiel somewhere close.

Melina knew their best possible hope for finding this Aes Sedai lay in Raiel going to work in that place.

MElina sighs a bit as she walk around the inn courtyard.  WHen she is finished she goes upstairs and give Azara a break.

When she returns she makes sure to talk to the Damane trying to get the girl to open up.
Azara
 player, 378 posts
Thu 25 Oct 2007
at 22:37
Re: Act 1; Falme

Azara moves from strategic subjects to mundane ones, trying to get the pair into talking.

She asks about music and poetry, and any saga's that the women might know.  She will ask them to share songs.
Fernandes
 GM, 613 posts
 Gamemaster
Fri 26 Oct 2007
at 05:40
Re: Act 1; Falme
Rai'el finishes her shift without incident, earning a 'thank you' from the woman she assisted, and a nod of respect from the mistress of servants.  It is past midnight when she returns towards the inn.

---

Azara, meanwhile, has no difficult at all with this information.  The peope fo Seanchan are a diverse lot, and so is their art.  Most of those you talk to are commoners - many soldiers - and know little of poetry, or fine art, but like all good soldiers, they have a limitless repertoire of folk diddies and drinking songs, and many have tunes from their native provinces back in Seanchan.
Azara
 player, 379 posts
Fri 26 Oct 2007
at 19:50
Re: Act 1; Falme

Azara quickly copies the music as best she can, she always had an ear for music tunes and lyrics, especially those of the common folk were catchy and easy to remember.

She also updates her Journal, but not with anything to reveal what they had down as to the Seanchan and trying to liberate the Aes Sedai and any other captured Channelers.
Melina
 player, 268 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Fri 26 Oct 2007
at 22:30
Re: Act 1; Falme
One time when Azara and Melina exchange rests periods Melina stops her for a brief talk. "Azara, We are going to have to find a way to remove those collars when we find this Aes Sedai.;"  See if you can get out guests to cooperate with you to learn how to do it.".
Rai'el
 player, 369 posts
Fri 26 Oct 2007
at 22:38
Re: Act 1; Falme
Raiel gets back to the inn late but well satisfied by her sucess in finding the missing Aes Sedai.  Going upstairs immediately she knocks on Sarek's door and tells him to join them in the girls room. Then she scratches on the their door in the Aiel manner, which is her way of letting Melina know it is her.

When Darek joins them she announces, "I have found her; I am sure of it.  She is up in the attic. in one of the rooms that house the Mar'ath Damane."
Darek Halchov
 player, 314 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 26 Oct 2007
at 22:42
Re: Act 1; Falme
OOC  I thought we found out on the road how. That is how it ended up on Melina's wrist.

IC

"That is good news. How crowded was the place? How sturdy are their cells?"
Fernandes
 GM, 614 posts
 Gamemaster
Sat 27 Oct 2007
at 05:54
Re: Act 1; Falme
Yes, you did.
Melina
 player, 269 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Sat 27 Oct 2007
at 06:04
Re: Act 1; Falme
Did we learn how to undo the collar, not just hold it?
Darek Halchov
 player, 315 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sat 27 Oct 2007
at 12:43
Re: Act 1; Falme
How to undo them. :)
Fernandes
 GM, 615 posts
 Gamemaster
Sat 27 Oct 2007
at 19:47
Re: Act 1; Falme
YEs, that is correct - you coerced her into removing it in front of you.
Rai'el
 player, 370 posts
Tue 6 Nov 2007
at 01:02
Re: Act 1; Falme
"What now?" asks Raiel.  While the place in not heavily guarded it has enough guard outside it. though now so many inside.  It would not be too difficult to get her out of her room but out of the house is another problem and then making she we are not folllowed until we can get well away from here.  I would recommend taking her at night and use disquise to get her out.  She could hopefully be nmade to look like a boy.  They will not be looking for a boy but a woman."

"Any other ideas?"
Azara
 player, 381 posts
Tue 6 Nov 2007
at 03:03
Re: Act 1; Falme

"Night is the best, during the day the Seanchan may take some of the prisoners out to train them.  Why doesn't Darek accompany you invisible and then once Magda is released use the invisibility to get her out and maybe as many of the others as we can get."

"Darek how long can you keep the invisiblitity going?  How many can to move with you. I wish I could help with weaves, but they would detect them and give away the whole rescue.  And Darek there is something else."  Azara digs under her shirt, and brings outt the figures of the male and female she had tied securely on some finely braided rawhide lanyards.  I found these some time back and the Aes Sedai said there were not angreal or Sa' angreal, but they do resonant of the One Power and she was going to tell me what they might be when we brought back Magda.  Since the Seanchan channelers seem not to be able to detect Saidin. maybe you could work with the male figure to see if you can get it to reveal its nature.  When I did first tried it all I had was Spirit to channel into it."

She passed it over, one of her two pieces of the treasure from the tower. But if they could be found to work it some way it just might help them.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:15, Tue 06 Nov 2007.

Darek Halchov
 player, 316 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 6 Nov 2007
at 03:08
Re: Act 1; Falme
"It takes some concentration, but otherwise, as long as I can hold saidin. The problem will be movement with it. It is not silent, and the edges have a distortion if moving that might be spotted. I imagine at night, in the dark would be less of a risk."
Azara
 player, 382 posts
Tue 6 Nov 2007
at 03:18
Re: Act 1; Falme

"How many could you shield with it?"
Darek Halchov
 player, 317 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 6 Nov 2007
at 03:38
Re: Act 1; Falme
"Without being linked, myself, with overchanneling, maybe 3 if we walk coordinated, and very close together."
Azara
 player, 383 posts
Tue 6 Nov 2007
at 04:02
Re: Act 1; Falme

"Frighten females coordinated, best to do one at a time unless they are older and wiser, Madga and have her pick another, at least."

"In I could find some gleemen I could arrange an evening of singing and dancing in the nearby square, possibly we could use that as a cover to spirit the women away."

"I was also thinking that Madga can at least read, if I were to write her instruction on what we are doing then it would make it easier.  Even a picture with a finger help to the mouth would help, if the prisoners get overexcited they may give away the whole thing."
Fernandes
 GM, 616 posts
 Gamemaster
Tue 6 Nov 2007
at 08:25
Re: Act 1; Falme
As you sit planning, the night begins to draw to a close, and the sky outside the window begins to turn gray.  Then, shortly before dawn, you hear shouting, and the sounds of commotion from outside.
Darek Halchov
 player, 318 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 6 Nov 2007
at 12:37
Re: Act 1; Falme
With a feeling of dread, Darek looks out the window to see the commotion.
Azara
 player, 384 posts
Tue 6 Nov 2007
at 17:24
Re: Act 1; Falme

Azara goes to the windo and opens it, hoping to hear about what the sourcae of the commotion was.

"Get your things ready, there might be enough commotion to give us a chance to slip into the building and affect a rescue.  Add some extra cloaks and clothes even Darek's.  If we can dress them in them, they can maybe disperse in the commotion, with a warning not to use the One Source until they are will away from the city and any Seanchan.
Melina
 player, 270 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Tue 6 Nov 2007
at 19:02
Re: Act 1; Falme
"Let's get out now if everything is alrigth, we can come back.  If not we have a head start." Melina says. as she scoops up her pack.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:04, Tue 06 Nov 2007.

Rai'el
 player, 371 posts
Tue 6 Nov 2007
at 19:06
Re: Act 1; Falme
Raiel tales up her pack and spears, ready to move stepping towards the door.
Fernandes
 GM, 617 posts
 Gamemaster
Tue 6 Nov 2007
at 21:15
Re: Act 1; Falme
Rushing to the window, you hear a cry go up from somewhere in the city, "THe HIgh Lord Turak has been slain!"

Dozens of Seanchan warriors - wearing their odd insectlike helmets - are pouring into the streets, running towards the harbor and toward the Seanchan headquarters.  Suddenly, with a shrill whine, a blazing ball of fire arches up from the streets, hurtling through the air.  The globe slams into a nearby rooftop, engulfing it in an explosion of searing heat and flame.  You can sense a powerful release of Saidar, as a second ball arches up from somewhere down the street and slams into your own building, setting the roof of the inn ablaze.
Darek Halchov
 player, 319 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 6 Nov 2007
at 22:34
Re: Act 1; Falme
"Time to leave, but first we need to put the fire out on the roof of the inn. Can any of you channel rain or water from the trough?"
Rai'el
 player, 372 posts
Tue 6 Nov 2007
at 23:44
Re: Act 1; Falme
"Forget the inn." says Raiel. If Melina or Azara try to shannel they will most likely be detected.  If the Seanchan are fleeing they will take their prizes with them.  We have to get that Aes Sedai out of there now.