Chapter 2: Tomon Head.   Posted by IC.Group: archive 0
Azara
 player, 385 posts
Wed 7 Nov 2007
at 00:28
Re: Act 1; Falme

"I'll get the horses and meet you downstairs."  Azara, how has gotten into the habit of keeping everything together and ready, grabs her stuff and heads for the door.  "What about the Seanchan we have."

She races down to get to the stable and yells at the groom to help her saddle the horses.  With Flame saddled she takes him outside to waits as the others are saddled.

With all the confusion she gathers saidin to channel water to fall on the fire hoping that she could possibly do so without being detected.  The Seanchan channelers must be concentrating on whoever is throwing those fireballs.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:31, Wed 07 Nov 2007.

Darek Halchov
 player, 320 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Wed 7 Nov 2007
at 01:24
Re: Act 1; Falme
"They go with us if at all possible. Weaves of saidin should be able to make most of the a'dam invisible."
Melina
 player, 271 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Sun 11 Nov 2007
at 22:13
Re: Act 1; Falme

Melina helps Darek get the Seanchan weomen out, making sure they have cloaks that cover them up with hoods up to hide them. She take the Adam of Sul'dam.

"Please reassure your damane that all will be fine and she is to stay with you and with us.  We will do whatever we can to get you out of here safe and uninjured, if you will cooperate."

This message was last edited by the player at 01:34, Mon 12 Nov 2007.

Rai'el
 player, 373 posts
Sun 11 Nov 2007
at 22:15
Re: Act 1; Falme

Raiel helps Melina.  Shouldering Melina's pack as well as her own.

"This would be great time to get that Aes Sedai out."

This message was last edited by the player at 01:35, Mon 12 Nov 2007.

Fernandes
 GM, 618 posts
 Gamemaster
Mon 12 Nov 2007
at 01:56
Re: Act 1; Falme
What exacty is the plan?  Are teh prisoners unrestrained?  if not, how do yhou hide the A'dam.
Darek Halchov
 player, 321 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Mon 12 Nov 2007
at 04:43
Re: Act 1; Falme
I would suggest releasing those who seem to want released from their cells. As for these two, a weave of folded lights to hide the connecting chain and long sleeves for the rest, perhaps carrying armloads of clothing or such as if fleeing.
Azara
 player, 386 posts
Mon 12 Nov 2007
at 07:15
Re: Act 1; Falme

"Or," suggests Azara, "Melina can put her arm into the cloak around the Sul'dame's waist and the lease can be down her back so Melina can hold it.
Fernandes
 GM, 619 posts
 Gamemaster
Tue 13 Nov 2007
at 15:16
Re: Act 1; Falme
 Darek - perhaps I misremember the weave descriptions, but I am fairly certain that Folded light does not work that way.  It is a stationary affect.  It cannot be cast on a person or object and made to move with them.

Also, what about the Damane?

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:20, Tue 13 Nov 2007.

Darek Halchov
 player, 322 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 13 Nov 2007
at 15:23
Re: Act 1; Falme
Movement causes the blur.. but it is movable. Stationary means they can't be seen. dc 25 tospot the blur with small movement, 20 with substantial movement, 15 with vilant movement.

Figured the invisibility was just an extra precaution under cloths, etc. :)
Fernandes
 GM, 620 posts
 Gamemaster
Tue 13 Nov 2007
at 15:26
Re: Act 1; Falme
Yes, people can move within the area of effect (and this will case a rippling that makes them visible) but I do not think tht the area of effect can, itself, be moved.  I will look it up when I get home this evening to be certain, however.
Fernandes
 GM, 621 posts
 Gamemaster
Wed 14 Nov 2007
at 20:37
Re: Act 1; Falme
I went and looked it up.  It create a 10-foot by 10-foot unidirectional screen.  Don't think that will really work for this.

At any rate, the group follows Azara's suggestion and the thing is quickly concealed beneath heavy clothing, as the Sul'dam and Melina stand close together.
Darek Halchov
 player, 323 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Wed 14 Nov 2007
at 21:26
Re: Act 1; Falme
"Let's move."  Darek grabs his horse, and any others that might be nearby. If he sees the stableboys or anyone he says, "Hurry up, get out of here before the next one hits."

Assuming the others do so as well, Darek heads towards the house with the captives, trying to seem somewhat confused, helping to put out any fires along the way, etc that takes no more than a moment.

basically, he is trying to look busy without obviously heading towards the captive compound or looking like someone causing the problems.
Fernandes
 GM, 622 posts
 Gamemaster
Wed 14 Nov 2007
at 21:43
Re: Act 1; Falme
The group hustles towards the house, the Sul'dam looking flustered and more than a little shocked at the chaos in the street, and the Damane tagging along behind with a terrified look on her face.  No one challenges you on the way the soldiers alll have more important things to do.

Once away from the flames, the streets are almost empty as you make your way (trying not to be obvious about it) towards the Damane quarters.  No sooner do turn teh corner onto the right street however, then you are nearly trampeld by a Seanchan group heading the opposite direction - towards the city docks.  There are 10 of them - 8 soldiers (plus a great, hideous lumbering beast you have enver seen before) - and 2 woman, a hard-eyed Sul'dam in the ussual blue dress, and... Magda Sedai wearing a Damane'e grey dress, and collar.

The group appears set to pass you by entirely, however, the Sul'dam pauses as her gaze falls upon your captive.  "...Verith!  Is that you?  Who are these people?  You have been missing for-"  She breaks off as she notices the damane cowering in the back of the group, noticeably leash-less, and her eyes widen in shock.  "What is going on here?!"
Darek Halchov
 player, 324 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Wed 14 Nov 2007
at 22:10
Re: Act 1; Falme
Quickly, Darek embraced saidar and hoped his companions would link with him. A tied off shield and a quick weave or 3 of hardened air and a quick escape seemed the best course of action.

Darek's first weave is hardened air around the beasts head, whether the others link with him or not. It will hopefully panic and be more of a problem for the Seanchan around it. :)

If linked, shield the Magda next so the sul'dam can't force her to attack us, then hardened air around all but Magda so she can be unhooked and flee with them. :)
Azara
 player, 387 posts
Wed 14 Nov 2007
at 23:00
Re: Act 1; Falme

Azara links with Darek, his use of Saidin would be difficult for the women to untie or counter. As he goes to weave she does her best to enhance whatever weave he goes to use. Harden air was a good choice.

"Melina, make the Sul'dame have her Damane use her power to harden air around the Soldiers.  If she hestitates remind her that her superiors will question her as to why she was missing and ask her how a Channeler was able to control her with her Damane's collar and leash."

Azara also looks for an opening to get to Magda Sedai and get that Collar off.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:04, Wed 14 Nov 2007.

Fernandes
 GM, 623 posts
 Gamemaster
Thu 15 Nov 2007
at 08:05
Re: Act 1; Falme
Ahhh, good old violence.

I will give you a surprise round on them since they are quite startled.

Darek: what level do you cast the weave at (include the +1 bonus for linking)?  What is the DC that results?


The Sul'dam AND damane both look at you all as if you're mad.  The Sul'dam, appears too shocked for words, but the Damane begins nervously bleating incoherently about how she has been a "bad girl" and begging for forgiveness from no one in particular.  It quickly because evident that they will be of no help in this fight - the Sul'dam because she cannot actually channel, even if she has the potential to learn, and the Damane because she is all but incapable of functioning without the leash.

Melina is, of course, free to do something more productive on her surprise round.  And, of course, Rai'el has not acted yet at all.
Darek Halchov
 player, 325 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 15 Nov 2007
at 13:54
Re: Act 1; Falme
How wide is this street? I'm guessing the group is walking 2 by 2 or such and that the sul'dam and damane pair were in the rear, since they seemed set to pass us by entirely.

Also, with the description of hardened air, it lists level 3 as 10 ft radius, level 4 15foot radius, etc.

Yet what they list as what that level will hold seems wrong. a 20 ft diameter sphere seems like it should hold more than a medium sized creature that generally fills a 5 foot square. Are we using the radius or the typical use listed?

If the street is narrow enough to use the hardened air as a barrier to seperate the Magada from the rest of the group and keep the group from being able to reach our group, he does so at level 3 (20 ft diameter, 10 ft radius). With the +1 from linking, then no overchanneling is needed.

"Unchain Magda," Darek says if this works

If the layout would allow the barrier idea, but need a higher level weave, then overchannel 1 level to level 4 weave which says will make a bridge 5 wide by 25 long. DC for this would be 19 vs Concentration and overchannel of 15 so.. roll of 4 or higher.

If that won't work, then surprise round is hardened air on beasts head, then hardened air on the others, making sure to get the Sul'dam.

If either scenario works, then :  "Unchain Magda," Darek says as he ties off the weave of hardened air.

Trying to make this as quick and non-violent as possible.
Fernandes
 GM, 624 posts
 Gamemaster
Thu 15 Nov 2007
at 16:05
Re: Act 1; Falme
It is not a radius - it is the maximum area you can 'block' if you use the weave to create a two-dimensional impenetrable barrier a-la wall of force.  The second columb is the maximum size of object you can capture within a 3-dimensional weave of hardened air.

The street is a wide thoroughfare - 40 feet wide at least.

So, once again, what do you do?

Darek Halchov
 player, 326 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 15 Nov 2007
at 16:26
Re: Act 1; Falme
The column heading is radius of sphere, which never made sense with the example of uses they give in the third column. :)

OK.. time for viloence then if the enemy group is spread out.

Fireball aimed to get the group, save Magda. level 4 for 4d6+3 with link, for the surprise round.

If they aren't spread out enough, then harden air, level 4 on the largest number of the soldiers and Sul'dam as possible for the suprise round.

The DC for the 1 level overchannel, minus the 5 bonus to overchannel would be 14 vs concentration of 10 so, need a roll of 4 or better on the overchannel.

Fingers crossed. :)

Horray  16.. overhcannel successful. :)

In case the first scenario with fireball, damage is 15. :(

Edit

Nice move with the Solar plexus. :)

This message was last edited by the player at 18:57, Thu 15 Nov 2007.

Rai'el
 player, 374 posts
Thu 15 Nov 2007
at 17:32
Re: Act 1; Falme
Raiel yis  a woman of action her first move is straight at the Suldamells "Magda Sedai be ready." then she grabs the leash and yanks hard hoping the Suldam holding it let go. 09:58, [Private to GM: Today: Rai'el rolled 5 using 1d20+2. Grab Leash & Pull.]

This message was last edited by the player at 20:02, Thu 15 Nov 2007.

Fernandes
 GM, 625 posts
 Gamemaster
Fri 16 Nov 2007
at 06:52
Re: Act 1; Falme
Magda Sedai is at the rear of the group, so it is possible toe xlude her from teh fireball.  If the the Sul'dam and her soldiers were shocked to see Verith with you, the look on their faces when Darek stretches out his hand, an exposive bead of flame leaps from his finger-tips is nothing short of stunned disbelief.  Two of the soldiers drop dead on the spot, incinerated in the blast; the others grunt in pain at the burns.  The Sul'dam is hurt as well - badly - and you notice Magda Sedai wince in pain as well, even though she herself is not physically damaged by the explosion.

Rai'el leaps forward, easily making it past the guards in between, but their interposing bodies throw even teh Aiel warrior off-target, and the Sul'dam easily evades her attempts to grab at the leash.

All enemies are caugh by the fireball: in a miracle of good roling (for them) only 2 of them fail their saving throws and take full damage, dying instantly; the rest take half.  Since she is linked by the A'Dam, Magda Sedai takes double the damage dealt to her leash-holder as non-lethal damage.

Rai'el's grapple attempt fails.  Also note that since there is a bracelt componant to the A'Dam you can't really snatch it out of somoene's hand, although you could use it as a means to try to grab them off their feat.

Azara links with Darek and takes no action.

Melina has not yet acted: I will give her another day to post actions during the surprise round.

Melina
 player, 272 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Fri 16 Nov 2007
at 09:14
Re: Act 1; Falme
Melina moves around the outside of the group of soldiers and men and singel unarmed woman in common clothers.  She sees Raiel stopped so she she side steps and continues to Magda Sedai.

Open to Saidar she tries to open the collar up so she can remove Nible finger flash.  She hopes she can remove this before the Suldam can use masda's abilities against them.
Darek Halchov
 player, 327 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 16 Nov 2007
at 13:47
Re: Act 1; Falme
IC

Darek struggles with the rush of power, thanking the Creator as the fireball hits exactly where he wanted it. He was disappointed that they hadn't all fallen. Knowing it was a life or death situation for more than just himself, he didn't hesitate as he channeled again, as quickly as he could.

The movement of his companions complicated things slightly, but at least there was little doubt the soldiers would be heading for the male channeler. From their reactions, Darek had no doubt the Seanchan killed male channelers as the Ais Sedai did. Worse yet, they would likely chain Azara and Melina, kill Rai'el, and possibly even those in the inn where he had been working.

OOC

If the group is still close enough together to get the beast and soldiers, without getting the channelers or any of their group, then Darek follows up with another fireball while they are still chocked and hurting badly.

If they have scattered too much, then Darek erects the 5 foot long by 25 foot long weave of harden air so that it is centered between him and the soldiers, expecting them to impact the wall as they run towards him.
Fernandes
 GM, 626 posts
 Gamemaster
Fri 16 Nov 2007
at 19:55
Re: Act 1; Falme
Make a grapple check, Melina, to grab ahold of the collar in the midst opf a pitched battle, whilst (let us not forget) dragging Verith behind you on your own leash.

Darek - you have exausted your actions for the round.

Darek Halchov
 player, 328 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 16 Nov 2007
at 22:00
Re: Act 1; Falme
Was posting for the 1st combat round, following the surprise round.