Chapter 2: Tomon Head.   Posted by IC.Group: archive 0
Melina
 player, 280 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Tue 27 Nov 2007
at 07:59
Re: Act 1; Falme
Melina dodges incoming hits deftly and leave the fighting to Raiel as she weaves a healing spell and hurries over to Darek.


[Private to GM: 00:00, Today: Melina rolled 3 using 1d8. Heal level one.]

This message was last edited by the player at 19:23, Wed 28 Nov 2007.

Darek Halchov
 player, 335 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 27 Nov 2007
at 13:09
Re: Act 1; Falme
Darek, as consciousness faded away suddenly gasped as the cold rush of healing hit his body, waking him as effectively as ice cold water in the face would. No time to do much more than thank the Creator and act as he saw 2 attackers on Melina. Anger showed in his face as he resigned himself to possible death.

Darek embraces saidin, using the only weave he could before he slipped into unconsciousness again. If he were to die this day, it would be rotecting his companions. "Melina," is all he says, hoping the attackers will be more afraid of the mad male channeler than the lone woman and turn to attack him, giving Melina time to dodge away, or put knives in their backs.

OOC

If there is room, taking into acount aiming the fireball up higher in the air to get the 2 remaining soldiers attacking Melina, without getting himself or her.

This of course send shim back into dieing as his wound reopens from the exertion. :) He realizes this might be sacrificing his life, but doesn't hesitate to try and save Melina.

If not possible, he opens himself to saidin and offers it to Melina, since it isn't casting a weave, he should stay awake, I hope. :)
Fernandes
 GM, 642 posts
 Gamemaster
Wed 28 Nov 2007
at 15:45
Re: Act 1; Falme
Roll damage for the fireball, and also you egain 3 hit points from Melina's healing.
Darek Halchov
 player, 336 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Wed 28 Nov 2007
at 18:37
Re: Act 1; Falme
The heat from the fireballs made the cold from the healing seem all the worse, but Darek was glad for the healing. He'd been ready to sacrifice his life without a thought, mostly for Melina, but no one really wants to die if there is another route.

OOC

6 damage on the fireball and no passing out again thanks to Melina. :)
Azara
 player, 395 posts
Thu 29 Nov 2007
at 01:18
Re: Act 1; Falme

Azara has her sword at ready, tracking the movement of the soldier who had just missed her.  She remebers her lessons and is prepared.  "Don't let a bigger man use his weight against you," her family's armmaster told her, "One thing you have is reach, and when you finish growning your going to be taller than common folk, that will be a bonus.  Side step a charge and cut at their legs."

If the man charges again, she will do just that.
Fernandes
 GM, 643 posts
 Gamemaster
Thu 29 Nov 2007
at 03:29
Re: Act 1; Falme
The man cannot charge.  partly because hs is already adjacent to your square.  But mostly, becuase Darek's fireball finishes him off, and he slumps to the ground, fatally wounded.

Magda Sedai looks up for yet another target.  This time, her eyes rest on the seargent, and he too is quickly encased head to toe.

The remaining two soldiers look around the battlefield, and realise the peri of their situation.  They turn and flee down a neary-by alleyway.

The soldiers take full retreat actions, and dip down an alley to break line-of-sight.  You can pursue, of course, but Magda Sedai looks in no condition for unnecesary strenuous exertion.

the Aes sedai looks up at you all.  On Darek, her gaze rests longer then the others, but she either too tired to realise the import of his actions, or simply too shell-shocked to care.  "Thank you.  Thank... thank you all!  I do not know what is happening - what the fighting is - and I do not know you either, but that can wait; we must get out of the city!"
Darek Halchov
 player, 337 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 29 Nov 2007
at 03:59
Re: Act 1; Falme
Darek stands, half surprised he is able to and twinges with the punishment his body has been under, just before his stomach growls loudly.

He spares a brief moment to smile at Melina, warmth filling his eyes, "Thank you."

He nods at Magda. "Reverse the a'dam her and let's get going before they bring reinforcements, or worse, those beasts."

Darek had grabbed what horses he could and he politely tells Melina, "Up on my horse, we'll ride double." Once she is up, or firmly denies his request, he looks to Magda, "You too. You are in no shape to walk far, let alone flee this town."

He winces as he helps the others, but he does so, then moves back to his horse and mounts.
Melina
 player, 281 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Thu 29 Nov 2007
at 04:27
Re: Act 1; Falme
Melina gratefullly clinbs up on Dareks mount. "We were sent here to find you . Sea Sedai, " Magda Sedai can ride my Sunny.  Darek You clinb up here with me," declares "Melina who takes time to heal Darek again using level 1 healing spell.
Rai'el
 player, 378 posts
Thu 29 Nov 2007
at 04:29
Re: Act 1; Falme
"Are we taking these two with us or what?" quuestions Raiel as she gathers her spears.  "Shall I kill the rest.  The dead cannot tell tales nor be used against us."

This message was last edited by the player at 05:37, Thu 29 Nov 2007.

Darek Halchov
 player, 338 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 29 Nov 2007
at 04:44
Re: Act 1; Falme
Darek si about to reply when his jaw suddenly clamps shut, the cold of a healing weave once again racing into his body. He fought back dizzyness, then said, "Channelers with us, leashed, the rest can remain. If we are lucky, a group of them will gather and mess up untieing the knots."
Azara
 player, 396 posts
Thu 29 Nov 2007
at 21:46
Re: Act 1; Falme

Azara swings up on Flame.  "What of the others in the attic.  She takes up the leash of the first Sul'dam.

"Come, mount that horse," she points to one of the mounts that she had appropriated from the Darkfriend leader of the Children of the Light. "your damane can ride behind you.  That leaves 2 other horses and the pack horse.

She rides close to Darek if needed to link with the others.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:58, Thu 29 Nov 2007.

Rai'el
 player, 379 posts
Fri 30 Nov 2007
at 01:04
Re: Act 1; Falme
"We have what we came for," replies Raile.  "No need to risk what we have for what we do not."
Darek Halchov
 player, 339 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 30 Nov 2007
at 01:27
Re: Act 1; Falme
"We are in no shape for another battle. Whoever has caused this commotion has been fortuitous for us and our best chance of escaping is now, in all the confusion."

Darek turns Kisarai for the gates, holding Melina in front of him, and spurs Kisarai through any crowds.

Whether consciously, or unconsciously, Darek's arms are wrapped protectively around Melina, clearly tighter than necessary to merely reach around Melina and control their mount.

OOC

Of course, it could also be considered protective, as one might a child instead of a loved one, or even be all but unbearable if someone flinched away from contact, whether any contact, contact from a male channeler, or someone not the least bit interested in the person with their arms around them. :)

[Private to Melina: Darek would be surprised, but not angry or disappointed if Melina and Darek became bonded.  In the time together, it has been a gradual development of feelings for her.  Feelings he didn't realize until after he hadn't thought once, let alone twice about sacrificing his life if it would save hers, and by extension, their companions.]
Melina
 player, 282 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Fri 30 Nov 2007
at 01:37
Re: Act 1; Falme

Melina feels Darek's strong arms about her.  They are comforting as he races his horse away.  Her skills in riding are not so good and being held so securely was appreciated.  Perhaps he knew this--still it was kind of him.   Aiel are strong and independent but riders they are not.

[Private to Darek Halchov: Melina has been interested in Darek despite his being a male channeler.  In Aiel Society males with abilitiy go off to the wastes to kill all the Shadowspawn they can before they eventually before go mad. However you have not gone mad so far. (if we forget his earlier actions of the other player.)  Problem is Wise Ones do not bond Warders.  She is an Apprentice Wise One and not an Aes Sedai.  She does not have the Warder bond weave, since no Aiel knows it."  But we shall see what progresses.  Thanks for the information.]

This message was last edited by the player at 20:51, Fri 30 Nov 2007.

Azara
 player, 397 posts
Fri 30 Nov 2007
at 21:02
Re: Act 1; Falme

Azara had alread tied one horse to another to get them out of the stable, now she needed to control the Sul'dam and her Damane and lead the horses.  Quickly she ties the horses to the pommel of her saddle leaving her hands free to guide flame and still be leashed to the Seanchan,

"If you do anything to cause this group to come under attack, or to cause me any difficulty, I will use the Adam to see that you regret even thinking about such an idea."

Azara brings up the rear of the group leading the extra horses. She knows Raiel will move to the front to scout.

[Private to Fernandes: I go this at the bottom of my post.  (This message is nearing the 1,000 post limit.  Please request your GM creates a new thread.) ]

This message was last edited by the player at 21:03, Fri 30 Nov 2007.

Fernandes
 GM, 644 posts
 Gamemaster
Sat 1 Dec 2007
at 18:57
Re: Act 1; Falme
As you head towards the gates of the city, you hear a voice cry out from a near-by alley, "The Light!  The Light and Shinowa!"  Looking, you see a top-knotted warrior battling a group of Seanchan soldiers.  His blade seems alive in his hand, besting one, deflecting cut after cut, but outnumbered 6 to 1, he cannot prevail indefinitely.  As you watch, his voice lifts again in the same battlecry, and a peal of thunder rings out overhead almost as if in answer.
Azara
 player, 398 posts
Sat 1 Dec 2007
at 19:37
Re: Act 1; Falme

Azara, seeing the Seanchan battling the warrior and he being out numbered, begins a weave to harden air on the closest grouping of Seanchan. She will move in if she has too.
Darek Halchov
 player, 340 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sat 1 Dec 2007
at 19:53
Re: Act 1; Falme
Darek looks as his arms tighten slight around melina, perhaps anticipating a mad rush for the gate.

Seeing the borderlander under attack by more of the enemy, Darek opens himself to saidin, wondering if he will feel the resonence from the warrior, what with the lightning seeming to respond to his cries.

"Link," he said to the others as he offered his flow to Azara, or Magda, whichever would take it."
Melina
 player, 283 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Sun 2 Dec 2007
at 03:44
Re: Act 1; Falme
Melina links with Darek almost as sooon as the words are out of his mouth.  SHe opens herself to saidar and gives it freely to Darek.  Pulling on as much and she can hold andd sending on to him as fast as she can.
Rai'el
 player, 380 posts
Sun 2 Dec 2007
at 03:46
Re: Act 1; Falme
Raiel gives Aiel battle cry and closes with Seanchan to take on them in melee combat.

[Private to GM: 19:49, Today: Rai'el rolled 20 using 1d20+2. Melee with spear.
19:49, Today: Rai'el rolled 10 using 1d20+2. Melee with spear.  I rooled to throw one spear but forgot I only have one hit per round.  I usually doen't thross so I took melee rolls.
]

This message was last edited by the player at 03:54, Sun 02 Dec 2007.

Fernandes
 GM, 645 posts
 Gamemaster
Sun 2 Dec 2007
at 19:54
Re: Act 1; Falme
Rai'el's spear pieces the nearest Seanchan soldier cleanly through the middle of his chest, sending him instantly to the ground.  The others - not least of all the desperate borderlander - appear shocked at the sudden intervention.

Still in the surprise round: Azara, what level are you seekign to weave air at?

Darek: Melina links with you, what do you do then?
Darek Halchov
 player, 341 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sun 2 Dec 2007
at 20:08
Re: Act 1; Falme
With Melina linked, Darek begins weaving hardened air as well, beginning with those closest, that aren't down, and leaveing out the one Azara is tieing up. Tie it off and move on to the next.

Let's try the level 4, a 1 level overchannel with adjustments 4 or better, just made it with a 5.

IC

Darek had thought to have the Aise Sedai or Azara control a larger link, but she seemd caught up in her own channeling.

Darek quickly took Up Melina's flow of saidar and pushed to channel a harden air to catch the rest of the enemy. He struggled for a moment as the rush of power threatened to overwhelm him. He even swayed a little in his saddle before he wrestled the flows under control and channeled a harden air, quickly tieing it off. This was no time to dally.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:55, Mon 03 Dec 2007.

Azara
 player, 399 posts
Mon 3 Dec 2007
at 00:05
Re: Act 1; Falme

She will weave a Level 2 Harden Air and then look over the field and see who is down and how is up.  If any of the Seanchan are still yet viable as fighters, than she will seek to counter them with weave or sword.
Fernandes
 GM, 646 posts
 Gamemaster
Mon 3 Dec 2007
at 06:29
Re: Act 1; Falme
One of the soldiers near the front stops cold, frozen in a weave of solid air.  Another one moves past him to attack Rai'el, but finds his sword suddenly caught in Azara's block of air; his attack arrested in mid-swing.

The Aes Sedai, Magda looks as if she means to act, but cannot muster the strength.

First real round of combat: roll initiative, everyone.
Darek Halchov
 player, 342 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Mon 3 Dec 2007
at 13:04
Re: Act 1; Falme
OOC  Those intiative dice don't like me. :)

How many soldiers left? Is the borderlander injured?