Chapter 2: Tomon Head.   Posted by IC.Group: archive 0
Rai'el
 player, 381 posts
Mon 3 Dec 2007
at 18:47
Re: Act 1; Falme
They like me a bit better.
[Private to GM:
10:44, Today: Melina rolled 18 using 1d20+2. Init.
10:44, Today: Rai'el rolled 20 using 1d20+8. Init.
]
Fernandes
 GM, 647 posts
 Gamemaster
Mon 3 Dec 2007
at 20:14
Re: Act 1; Falme
The borderlander appears rather badly injured, and there are 4 soldiers left, one of them without a sword.
Azara
 player, 400 posts
Mon 3 Dec 2007
at 20:54
Re: Act 1; Falme
[Private to Fernandes: 12:48, Today: Azara rolled 15 using 1d20+6. INIT. ]
Azara casts another Harden Air, dragging the captives and the horse into battle would be foolish.  She tries to get two in one weave. but will settle for one.
Darek Halchov
 player, 343 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Mon 3 Dec 2007
at 21:34
Re: Act 1; Falme
Darek then will say to Melina, "The Borderlander needs healed."

OOC

Unless of course he has spontaneously learned healing as a wilder. :)
Melina
 player, 284 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Tue 4 Dec 2007
at 04:23
Re: Act 1; Falme
OOCI don't think I can heal at a distance can I.

If not Melina slips off Darek;s horse and hurries over towards the Borderlander. to try to heal him using 1 level heal.

If she can heal at a distance she will waves a 1 level healing on him.
Rai'el
 player, 382 posts
Tue 4 Dec 2007
at 04:29
Re: Act 1; Falme
Raiel keeps [Private to GM: (When it is her turn)] attackin which she keeps doing unti Seanchan are defeated.  Aiel have skirmish with Borderlanders before but she hates the Seanchan worse.  Her face is veil as she battles the Seanchan trying to keep them off the borderlander.

[Private to GM: 20:25, Today: Rai'el rolled 9 using 1d8+2. Dmg.
20:24, Today: Rai'el rolled 21 using 1d20+3. Hit.
]
Fernandes
 GM, 648 posts
 Gamemaster
Wed 5 Dec 2007
at 23:55
Re: Act 1; Falme
Rai'el impales yet another soldier on her spear, moving too quickly for him to block or dodge.

Melina runs up behind the soldier and heals him slightly.

Azara: what level are you casting the weave at again?  To ecompletely encapsulate 2 peole would almsot certainly require an overhcanneling roll.
Azara
 player, 401 posts
Thu 6 Dec 2007
at 03:48
Re: Act 1; Falme

She will work on one at a time.
Fernandes
 GM, 649 posts
 Gamemaster
Fri 7 Dec 2007
at 07:44
Re: Act 1; Falme
*sigh* I hate to sound like a dick, but once agian, ti woudl very useful for you to be specific.  At what exact level are youc asting the weave, and, in the event that the level is not high enough to completly encapsulate a man's body, what precisly are you trying to do with it?
Azara
 player, 402 posts
Fri 7 Dec 2007
at 22:18
Re: Act 1; Falme
[Private to Fernandes: Sorry I was sort of out of it, this week I had Chemo for 2 days.]

She will endeavor to encapsulate his sword arm.
Fernandes
 GM, 650 posts
 Gamemaster
Sat 8 Dec 2007
at 07:59
Re: Act 1; Falme
Very good.  A block of air appears in mid-air as one of them pulls back to swing.  This man, however, is quicker then some of his companions - or perhaps merely more fortunate - and jerks away his hand at the last moment.

The 3 soldiers who remain press forward.  One of them attempts to strike Rai'el and misses badly.  The other two attack the Shienaran, and although he parries one, the other takes advantage,and scores a deep cut on his chest.  The man falls to his knees, bleeding heavilly, and barely conscious.

Darek is up
Darek Halchov
 player, 344 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sat 8 Dec 2007
at 14:06
Re: Act 1; Falme
Darek curses as the Shienaran falls channeling as quickly as he can before they can press their advantage.

Strands of Air and Fire dance together to form a tight ball int he palm of his hands that shoots forth to a space over the middle attackers head.

OOC Overchanneling level 1 to level 2 if melina and Derek aren't still linked, or if he needs to drop the link to channel the fireball. Need 2 or better rolled 3.

Otherwise no overchannel.

Yahoo. Max damage on fireball. 14, aimed with center of fireball high enough over the center guy to get the 3 attackers, but not the fallen Shienaran or Darek's companions.
Rai'el
 player, 383 posts
Sat 8 Dec 2007
at 17:37
Re: Act 1; Falme
Raiel continues to dance spears againts the three remaining soldiers,  She is desparte to shield Melina. and since Melina is still trying to heal the Borderlander, then him also.

Raiel attacks the nearest Seanchan wsoldier in his insect amor and uses herself as a shield against the others byinterposing her body between them and their intended targets.  Her Aiel battle cry rings out. "Come dance spears with me.  It is a good day to die."  She is a whirling dervish.

[Private to GM: 09:41, Today: Rai'el rolled 3 using 1d6+2. Dmg.
09:39, Today: Rai'el rolled 11 using 1d20+3. Hit.
]

This message was last edited by the player at 17:45, Sat 08 Dec 2007.

Fernandes
 GM, 651 posts
 Gamemaster
Wed 12 Dec 2007
at 06:08
Re: Act 1; Falme
The Fireball detonates behind the three assailents, striking all of them them.  The two on teh side dodge out of the way, avoiding the worst of teh blast, but the one in the center is not so fortunate, and his dying scream is cut off as his flesh is literally roasted.

Rai'el leaps in, attempting ton finish one of the others, but her strike goes wide.

The Shienaran, however, is more fortunate, as, with a last burst of strenght, he stands, and slashes one of his assailents in the side of his abdoman.  the soldier collapses, and so does the lone defender, finally succumoing to unsciousness.

The lone remaining soldier turns, and makes to flee.

You can probably stop him if you truly want - either way, the combat is over.  The Shienaran soldier is at -1 hit points.
Melina
 player, 285 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Wed 12 Dec 2007
at 06:38
Re: Act 1; Falme
Melina channels a level 3 healing into the soldier. Taking the time now she did not have ealier.
Fernandes
 GM, 652 posts
 Gamemaster
Wed 12 Dec 2007
at 06:42
Re: Act 1; Falme
After some time, the man comes around.  "I... I am alive!"  He sounds rather surprised.  "You... it was you who came to my aid in battle.  Thank you strangers.  Who are you?"
Darek Halchov
 player, 345 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Wed 12 Dec 2007
at 14:07
Re: Act 1; Falme
Darek will channel solid air in front of the man, giving Raiel or someone the chance to finish him off. No survivors.

OOC

Darek channels one more time, then jumps off the horse to help the Shienaran and Melina. He waited as she healed, offering her all t he power he could pull in. He yawned as his body tried to pull in more air to feed his tired form.

A slight headache reminded him the toll channeling took without the added injuries and near death experiences. Darek motioned for Raiel and Azara to help as soon as the healing was done.

"We must go now." Helping others mount that needed help, Darek dragged himself into the saddle behind Melina and spurred Kiserai towards the gates and out of the city.

OOC

If Darek had come across a less guarded gate, or sees a hole in the wall, etc, he will head throw there rather than the main gate.
Rai'el
 player, 384 posts
Wed 12 Dec 2007
at 19:26
Re: Act 1; Falme
Raiel would not have usually finished off an enemy who was running away but the circumstances were sifferent-sifferent enough for her toto have no second thoughts about killing the man,  He had had threatened Melina who was unarmed and healing.  HE may reconsidered his flight, or report about them to others.  For those reasons, he died.

Raiel turns to the others when she is done.  "I agree with Darek.  we should go the quickest way we can."  Turning to the Shiernarrian she drops her veil and raps a spear against her buckler. a sign of recognition for his fighting prowess.
Melina
 player, 286 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Wed 12 Dec 2007
at 19:35
Re: Act 1; Falme
Melina finishes healing the Shienarian then gets up.  She goes to the Suldam who was injured and heals her. [Private to GM: (level One) .]  She removes the leash from her hands and off the adamane and tucks it way in her pack.

To the Damane she states, "You may come with us or stay here that is your shoice.  Better to be free that a slave to such as these.  Tell me what you choose."
Fernandes
 GM, 653 posts
 Gamemaster
Wed 12 Dec 2007
at 20:14
Re: Act 1; Falme
Melina, are you speaking to the Sul'dam Verith who is with you?  I ask because I do not recall her being injured.
Melina
 player, 287 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Wed 12 Dec 2007
at 20:40
Re: Act 1; Falme
No, not Verith or Sala, the other injured suldam that was with the fleeing Seanchan.  They recognized Verith and her damaine and started this whole thing.  She had been injured and down, rendering her damae unable to act.   I
Darek Halchov
 player, 346 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Wed 12 Dec 2007
at 23:13
Re: Act 1; Falme
"Would not they all be better off with the Ais Sedai? A broken horse won't run even when there is no fence."


OOC  Nasty way to go, trapped, unable to move to even scream while your lungs begin to cramp and burn, trying to push the CO2 laden air out and bring in oxygen. The dizzyness as she began to succomb, the slight nausia, the panic, then the creeping darkness that mercifully claimed the fear and panic just before claiming her life.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:42, Thu 13 Dec 2007.

Fernandes
 GM, 654 posts
 Gamemaster
Thu 13 Dec 2007
at 01:10
Re: Act 1; Falme
The other Sul'dam was the one holding Magda Sedai's leash.  She was encased in a block of woven air, and since it has beens several minutes since then, she has almost certainly suffocated to death in the meanwhile.
Fernandes
 GM, 656 posts
 Gamemaster
Tue 18 Dec 2007
at 07:14
Re: Act 1; Falme
That being so, do you continue on as before?

The Shianaran gasps.  He looks surprised to be alive, and rather as if he cannot decide whether it is a good thing.

"I am Lord Ingtar, of House Shinowa, of Shienar.  You are a strange company, but I owe you my life.  I will be glad to aid you in escaping, but I suggest that we must flee the city soon."
Azara
 player, 403 posts
Tue 18 Dec 2007
at 07:28
Re: Act 1; Falme

Azara rides forward with the Seanchan and the extra horses.

"Mount the gray, she says knowing the Shienarans were noted horsemen, "he was a warrior's horse."  The Darfriend White Cloak would not be needing him.

"Please lead the extra mounts." She holds out the lead ropes of the two extra horses taking from the White Cloaks by her ruse.