Chapter 2: Tomon Head.   Posted by IC.Group: archive 0
Lord Ingtar
Tue 18 Dec 2007
at 07:50
Re: Act 1; Falme
"As you wish, sir."

The man mounts, with some strain (repeated healing notwithstanding, he is still badly injured), and takes the leads.
Darek Halchov
 player, 348 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 18 Dec 2007
at 13:33
Re: Act 1; Falme
Arms firmly around Melina, Darek spurs Kiserai into the lead. He kept the best look out for trouble he could while avoiding any obstacles in their path. He stayed to wider roads, avoiding the smallest alleys too tight for horses to be able to maneuver well or where they could be more easily ambushed.

He didn't looks back, letting Melina do that, or relying on someone to call out if trouble came from behind.
Fernandes
 GM, 657 posts
 Gamemaster
Tue 18 Dec 2007
at 20:04
Re: Act 1; Falme
It takes little time to reach the city gates.  Although the town is in panic, no further obstacles bar your path.  When you do, at last make it, you find that the situation is (from your perspective) more promising then you could have hoped.  Although many Seanchan soldiers are in evidence, they are all making orderly haste through the gates - and indeed, you can see large numbers of them arrayed outside the city walls as if preparing for some major battle.  In addition to the soldiers, numberous civilians crowd the area ina  state of near-panic, and many are even fleeing through the gates: the Seanchan being too busy with the preperations for battle to forestall them.
Darek Halchov
 player, 349 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 18 Dec 2007
at 21:09
Re: Act 1; Falme
Darek spots the commotion outside the city, but doesn't slow. Commotion could be good. He did look for a path he could take once through the gates that would take them away from what appeared to be a coming battle, although he wondered what army could have mase it this far without having been intercepted sooner.

OOC

If there is a path back along the cliffs or across the plain that keeps them clear of the gathering army, Darek leads the group that way.
Rai'el
 player, 385 posts
Tue 18 Dec 2007
at 23:42
Re: Act 1; Falme
Raiel keeps the best pace she can as they race through the streets.  luckily the crowded streets prevents the full speed horses are capable of.  So she does not drop behind.

If she needs to help herself alongs she will grab the mane or saddle of thehorse to assist her running.

Raiel sees the Seanchan gathering for battle and hopes they will stay busy.
Fernandes
 GM, 660 posts
 Gamemaster
Thu 27 Dec 2007
at 18:10
Re: Act 1; Falme
Slipping away around the city walls, and towards the hillier terrain to the south, you see that the Seanchan's enemies have, at last, come into view.  On the hilltops to the eat, a parade-ground-straight battle line of men in white cloaks and gleaming mail stretches wide across the horizon.  The seanchan are forming up to meet them on the planes before the city.  With the sound of trumpets, the White-cloaked army charges, and it seems certain that battle is about to be joined.  - with you in the middle of it!

<green>Someone can make a hide check to conceal you from the assorted combatants involved in the fray - or alternatively, the right application of Folded Light might serve your purpose.
Darek Halchov
 player, 351 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 27 Dec 2007
at 18:22
Re: Act 1; Falme
Darek curses as he sees the Whitecloaks lined up in formation, not moments before the charge to battle is sounded. He would love to eliminate as many as both sides as they could, but their group was just too tired and esscape was more important.

OOC

When you mention the right application.. and not wanting to be caught in the middle of two armies, coul a hemispherical wall, or bubble if it had to be round, be created that would bend the light from either side, in effect, making a screen that showed the terrain more towards the side.

Trying to leave a line that the group could follow away from the battle and have them no be seen..Best analogy I can think of would be a triptic where the left and right panels where reflected to meet where the third, middle panel would meet, hiding the third panel, or in our case, the escaping party. :)
Fernandes
 GM, 661 posts
 Gamemaster
Thu 27 Dec 2007
at 23:56
Re: Act 1; Falme
Folded light can't form bubbles - it forms flat planes.  But if you found a flat surface to back against - or created multiple effects and tied them off, that might do it.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:22, Sun 30 Dec 2007.

Darek Halchov
 player, 352 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 28 Dec 2007
at 00:20
Re: Act 1; Falme
OK.. Look for such a flat surface.

Anyone know how to make fog? :)
Fernandes
 GM, 662 posts
 Gamemaster
Sun 30 Dec 2007
at 19:33
Re: Act 1; Falme
Looking about, it becomes quickly apparent that the most likely location is, ironically, against the walls of Falme themselves.  Erecting the invisible barrier, you settle in to watch, but as the two forces approach one another, a strange thing happens: a single trumpet note rings out, but it is like no trumpet-blast you have ever heard.  The sound of it is high and pure - the purest sound you can imagine - and it seems to fill the whole world for just that instant, tugging at the corners of your soul.

And as it sounds, a mist begins to rise towards the north of the battlefield, and in it you can see figures.  Perhaps a hundred - maybe a little more.  A tiny host compared to the Children of the Light and the Seanchan (who both number in the thousands), but they ride fearlessly towards the battlefield.  And at their front waves a massive white banner, with a sinuey reptilian creature emblazoned in bright red winding its way across.

At the sight of this banner, Magda Sedai's draw practically hits the floor.  She straightens, despite her wounds, and says emphatically, "That is the banner of the Dragon!  We... we have to reach that host!"
Azara
 player, 404 posts
Sun 30 Dec 2007
at 20:43
Re: Act 1; Falme

Azara looks over the field.  She sees a path that migh allow them to reach there host of the Dragon.

"That way," she cries, "along the streambed."  She turns Flame and makes for the streambed.
Darek Halchov
 player, 353 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sun 30 Dec 2007
at 22:38
Re: Act 1; Falme
Only one thing could bring heroes from nowhere, even had it not been such a soul tugging sound. The Horn has been blown. Surely, if they lived that long, this group would see the final battle.

The Dragon banner brought a smile to Darek's face. He'd not seen it before, but there was little doubt what it meant. He kissed Melina with Joy and a quick "HOLD ON!" as he spurred Kiserai on after Azara (assuming Azara wa heading in the right direction)

Whether it was the horn, the banner, the brief rest or some inner reserve, Darek felt renewed as he embraced saidar. He linked if offered but either way he was ready to weave as needed.
Melina
 player, 288 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Sun 30 Dec 2007
at 23:16
Re: Act 1; Falme
Melina gasped though whether it is from the surprise kiss or from the sudden acceleration with her percariously perched on the saddle sideways.  Riding astride she had gotten use to but this sidesiddle position was very unfamiliar and it had Melina clinging hard to Darek.

He would pay for that "liberty" he had taken, but not now.  Now she will cling on for dear life.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:26, Mon 31 Dec 2007.

Rai'el
 player, 387 posts
Sun 30 Dec 2007
at 23:21
Re: Act 1; Falme

Raiel sprint after the mounted riders at her top speed, one she could maintain judging the distance to the group in the clouds.  Spear in hand she races at a ground covering stride valuting over undergrowth rather than dodging it

She was determined not to fall too far behing Melina, for she knew not what they were riding towards.  One little band out of the three groups now arrayed for battle  Though the third group did carry the banner of the Dragon which gave them an edge to Rai'el's way of thinking.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:59, Mon 31 Dec 2007.

Fernandes
 GM, 663 posts
 Gamemaster
Mon 31 Dec 2007
at 06:14
Re: Act 1; Falme
The lot of you take off across the battle-field, making towards the Dragon's Banner.  Your going is much impeded by the legions of soldiers blocking your path.  None of them seem especially interested in you, but avoiding the thick of combat is difficult, and through the increasingly heavy mist, following the banner becomes difficult.

You manage, though, and are drawing closer.  You crest a hill and can see the banner waving just down bellow, when another force comes between you and they - Some half a dozen Children of the Light come into view between you and your query, and... turn towards you!

<green>Time for the last combat of the chapter, gang: roll initiative!
Darek Halchov
 player, 354 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Mon 31 Dec 2007
at 14:19
Re: Act 1; Falme
Seeing the CHildren of the Light come between them and their goal, Darek begins weaving a fireball. He isn't surprised when the Children turn towards their group.

A small bead of red hot light shoots towards the group before mushrooming into a explosion of fire.

OOC

Overchanneled a first level weave to a second level weave. Needed 2 or better got 17. This is assuming not being linked.

Also, I'm not sure how the weaves cast when linked count towards daily weaves. I've gone with they count against everyone, so only 0and first level weaves left.

Are we hopefully able to get off more than one attack? :)

Aiming at center of group damage 9

We might actually do more damage quicker if we all hit them with fireballs. :)

6 or 8d6 +6 or 8 for channeler level. :)

This message was last edited by the player at 21:13, Tue 01 Jan 2008.

Azara
 player, 405 posts
Tue 1 Jan 2008
at 18:25
Re: Act 1; Falme
[Private to Fernandes: 10:20, Today: Azara rolled 21 using 1d20+6. Init. Not sure what I have flet in the way of weaves as I was just channeling power to Darek and only used 1 Harden Air.  I will overchannel as needed to provide the most punch.]

Azara opens to the One Soursce and draws power for a fireball.
Fernandes
 GM, 664 posts
 Gamemaster
Tue 1 Jan 2008
at 21:16
Re: Act 1; Falme
PM[Private to Azara: Channeling pwoer to someone else does not eat up your own weaves.  You have spent only the one weave.]
Azara
 player, 406 posts
Tue 1 Jan 2008
at 22:18
Re: Act 1; Falme
Azara will overchannel to get the biggest Fireball she can, within reason.  She is a Level 2 Wilder and Fireball is level 2-7.  She gathers the One Powner and more to channel into it.  When she spots a tight group of the Children of the Light she will cast it at the middle rider to cover as many as possible.

There is a question in her mind she wants answers for, Like why with all the Seanchan arrayed against them, the Children of the Light chose to attack a small group trying to get off the field.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:26, Wed 02 Jan 2008.

Fernandes
 GM, 666 posts
 Gamemaster
Tue 1 Jan 2008
at 22:21
Re: Act 1; Falme
[Private to Azara: Roll a concentration check to overchannel.]PM
Melina
 player, 289 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Tue 1 Jan 2008
at 22:58
Re: Act 1; Falme
Melina channels her power to Darek. Considering his ability with fireballs she can help him make it even bigger without risking himself overmuch.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:35, Wed 02 Jan 2008.

Azara
 player, 407 posts
Wed 2 Jan 2008
at 03:24
Re: Act 1; Falme

PM
[Private to Fernandes: 19:22, Today: Azara rolled 16 using 1d20+4. Concentration Overchanneling.]
Fernandes
 GM, 667 posts
 Gamemaster
Fri 4 Jan 2008
at 21:09
Re: Act 1; Falme
INITIATIVE
Azara (21)
Whitecloak Seargent (16)
Magda Sedai (11)
Whitecloak Soldiers (5) (7)
Ingtar (4)
Darek (0 - has not posted initiative)
Melina (0 - has not posted initiative)

Rai'el - No declared action

---

Azara flings out her hand, and a bead of fire explodes in the midst of the charging White-cloaks.  Half of them manage to avoid the worst of it, but even they are burned.

Their leader charges towards the source of this attack, lance held at the ready.  As he passes, Rai'el (from whom he provokes an attack of oppertunity), spears him deftly in th side.  He rides on past, however, his lance leveled at Azara's chest, but the pain of the injury has thrown him off-balance, and his lance tip passes to the side as he draws reign in front of her, and reaches for his sword.

Magda Sedai casts a similar weave, and another, larger explosion occurs.  3 of the white-cloaks fall on the spot, bu 2 survive; both badly burnt.

The surviving white-cloaks, despite their injuries, choose to follow their leader's example and charge.  One of them charges Magda Sedai, and his lance goes wide.  The other, however, Charges Lord Ingtar, and his aim is far more accurate.  The much-abused borderman falls, once again, this time with a lance deep in his gut.

Melina feads Saidar to Darek, empowering his weaves

Darek, you're up.  Given that the remaining white-cloaks are intermixed with your own party members, a fireball may no longer be the ideal stratagem.
Darek Halchov
 player, 356 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 4 Jan 2008
at 21:54
Re: Act 1; Falme
Sorry.. rolled it.. forgot to include it in my post. Intiative was 8 :)

Darek feels energy flow into him from Melina and how quickly the troops have charged and changes his weave. As he draws the long bladed dagger at his waist, a thin line of white hot flame engulfs the blade and extends out a foot longer.

OOC

level 3 blade of fire, 6 points of damage on touch attack roll of 18.. too bad their armor won't help them. :)

Also Kiserai is a warhorse, did he get any attacks of opportunity? Can he attack now? :)
Fernandes
 GM, 668 posts
 Gamemaster
Fri 4 Jan 2008
at 22:01
Re: Act 1; Falme
<green>Whom do you attack?  The one who charged Azara, or one of the others?