Chapter 2: Tomon Head.   Posted by IC.Group: archive 0
Darek Halchov
 player, 357 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 4 Jan 2008
at 22:06
Re: Act 1; Falme
If within striking distance, will attack the sargeant that just missed Azara and is injured. If not, will attack one within range.
Fernandes
 GM, 669 posts
 Gamemaster
Fri 4 Jan 2008
at 22:16
Re: Act 1; Falme
Very well then.  Although the man very nearly avoids it, your attack slips past his guard, and punches right throguh his armor, leaving a deep burn-wound on his side.

Next Round!
Rai'el
 player, 388 posts
Sat 5 Jan 2008
at 06:12
Re: Act 1; Falme
PM[Private to GM:  I thought I sent you the inits for Melina and Raiel earlier.  I rolled them on 12/31:04,
09:32, Mon 31 Dec 2007: Rai'el rolled 22 using 1d20+2. Init.
09:31, Mon 31 Dec 2007: Melina rolled 4 using 1d20+1. Init.

Raiel would have attacked anything that came near Melina
Today: Rai'el rolled 12 to hit and 3 using 1d6+2. dmg.

Melina lent channeled her power to Darek in the first round
]
Fernandes
 GM, 670 posts
 Gamemaster
Tue 8 Jan 2008
at 07:34
Re: Act 1; Falme
Rai'el has given me actions.  I await everyone else's.

[Private to Rai'el: I didn't recieve them, but very good.  I will update your initiatives for next round.  I am afraid Rai'el still looses her action that round, however.  I have noticed that our combats tend to bog down, so I have decided to go with the policy I originally had in place, but have let lapse - if I do not receive combat actions within 48 hours of a new round starting (sometimes longer if there's a holiday, or some such), then that character does not act that round.]
Darek Halchov
 player, 358 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 8 Jan 2008
at 13:28
Re: Act 1; Falme
I was waiting to see Azara's.

If she kills the leader, then Darek attacks the closest soldier, otherwise he attacks the leader, hopefully giving both a flank bonus. :)

Probably missing the leader with a 5 for attack. :(
Azara
 player, 408 posts
Tue 8 Jan 2008
at 18:33
Re: Act 1; Falme

Azara spins Flame about to keep her attacker in view and does harden air on his head.
Rai'el
 player, 389 posts
Thu 10 Jan 2008
at 06:48
Re: Act 1; Falme
Raiel fights to protect the fallen Borderlander.
[Private to GM: 22:45, Today: Rai'el rolled 17 using 1d20+3. Attack.
22:46, Today: Rai'el rolled 5 using 1d6+2. dmg.
]
Melina
 player, 290 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Thu 10 Jan 2008
at 06:52
Re: Act 1; Falme
Melina continues to channel power to Darek however she calls out to him. "The Borderlander has fallen and seems unable to help himself..
Fernandes
 GM, 671 posts
 Gamemaster
Fri 11 Jan 2008
at 04:45
Re: Act 1; Falme
Rai'el easily dispatches the remaining minion, and Azara captures the leader's head in a block of air.  Although nimble, he fails to escape the trap by a hair's breath, and the party easily backs away from his frantic flailing.

As you finish your confrontation, however, you find that the collum you are following has moved on across the battlefield, and many hostile units now stand between you and it.
Azara
 player, 409 posts
Fri 11 Jan 2008
at 05:09
Re: Act 1; Falme

Azara does not want the man to suffocate, it was a horrible way to die, so she quickly wove another harden air on his upper torso, binding his arms to his body, then she quickly drops the one on his head.

Once she is sure he is secure, she rides closer.  "Why did you attack us, we are not the enemy?  The Seanchan are there and we are not Seanchan."
Darek Halchov
 player, 359 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 11 Jan 2008
at 05:19
Re: Act 1; Falme
Darek heads over to the borderlander who was once again injured. He helps Melina from his horse. "Guide the weaving and we shall heal him."
Fernandes
 GM, 672 posts
 Gamemaster
Fri 11 Jan 2008
at 06:06
Re: Act 1; Falme
The man nods at the Aes Sedai, "Saw her face.  The witches are with the invaders.  The evidence is plain."  He nods again, and indeeed, it is painfully clear that the use of Damane as tactical assets is having a devastating effect on the Children of the Light... although strangely their weaves never seem to touch the mist-shrouded riders.
Azara
 player, 410 posts
Sat 12 Jan 2008
at 02:22
Re: Act 1; Falme

"The Sheanchan use channelers they brought from their lands as well and those they caputured here. See here is the Sul'dam and her Damane.  The Sul'dam use tools to force the Damane to channel in a way no Aes Sedai would.  Do not blame the Aes Sedai for the channeling you see the Seanchan doing.  We just succeeded in releasing an Aes Sedai held by the Seanchan."

"By the Light I speak the truth. I am Azara of House Draconholt of Andor."

"Go in peace Child of the Light and spread the Truth of this matter," and she releases her weave.

If the man goes, well and good, but if he seems ready to attack, she casts Harden Air again.
Fernandes
 GM, 673 posts
 Gamemaster
Sat 12 Jan 2008
at 02:56
Re: Act 1; Falme
The man appears ill-incliend to listen at first, but he grows thoughtful after a moment.

Make a diplomacy check to convince him.
Azara
 player, 411 posts
Sat 12 Jan 2008
at 03:20
Re: Act 1; Falme
[Private to Fernandes:  19:17, Today: Azara rolled 21 using 1d20+7. Diplomacy.]
Asurii sits tall in the saddle, facing the man squarely.
Fernandes
 GM, 674 posts
 Gamemaster
Sat 12 Jan 2008
at 03:46
Re: Act 1; Falme
The man sitll appears skeptical, but thoughtful as well.  He sheathes his sword rather than raise it again, ands nods, as he departs, to retrieve his horse.
Azara
 player, 412 posts
Sat 12 Jan 2008
at 04:10
Re: Act 1; Falme

"Light keep you safe and watch over you."  Azara calls out to him.  She felt bad that his mistake had caused the deaths of his troopers.

Azara turns to her captives back to where the others work on the Shienaran
Fernandes
 GM, 675 posts
 Gamemaster
Sat 12 Jan 2008
at 05:50
Re: Act 1; Falme
Alas, the Shienaran is quite dead ((With 2 points to spare)).
Rai'el
 player, 390 posts
Sat 12 Jan 2008
at 06:30
Re: Act 1; Falme
Raiel picks him up and puts him over his horse and ties him on the saddle.  "We must go and quickly.  "Even if that While Cloak's life was spared I don't think the attitude of the rest will be.  We need a direction to go out of this malestrom that is about to errupt."

"Do you have any helpful hints on what we should do next Aes Sedai."
Fernandes
 GM, 676 posts
 Gamemaster
Sat 12 Jan 2008
at 10:04
Re: Act 1; Falme
"I fear the battle is moving on ahead of us."  Indeed, it is.  Your interlude with the White-cloaks, though brief, is a long time in the spawn of a battle.

The miniature host beneath the dragon banner has reached the gates of Falme, and seems to be pooring through into the streets.  The Seanchan are falling back - either retreating before the dragon's host into the city, or, for those outside, back around the city towards the coast.

The children of the Light, meanwhile, appear... confused.  it is not hard to see why - a long line of literal scorched earth marks what was the center of the legion's line of battle, and it appears that their commander was slain in the conflagration, as the surviving forces (perhaps half the original host) is evenly divided between harrying the Seanchan as they retreat, trying (ineffectively) to follow the Dragon's banner into the city, and retreating back the way they came in varying states of discipline.
Darek Halchov
 player, 360 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sat 12 Jan 2008
at 14:28
Re: Act 1; Falme
Darek looks angry and ready to give chase as the Child leaves, leaving ebhind a dead Shienaran.

He resists the urge to send fireballs raining into the retreating Children, knowing somewhere that the information the one will carry back about the Seanchan is more important.

He looks around to check for other wounded. This poor borderlander had died in battle, but there may be others who could be saved and with everyone fleeing this way or that, time seemed to be on their side for the moment.

"We should save those we can," Darek said to Melina, and anyone else nearby that might hear him."
Melina
 player, 291 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Sat 12 Jan 2008
at 16:54
Re: Act 1; Falme
Save who for what ask Melina.  we are but a few in this fury of batle.  WHo do we save and how?  "MAgda, Aes Sedai so you still want to go after those under the Dragon's Banner?"
Fernandes
 GM, 677 posts
 Gamemaster
Sat 12 Jan 2008
at 21:00
Re: Act 1; Falme
She sighs, "I think it may be more than our lives are worth to ollow them at this point.  But perhaps we can find them after the battle."
Darek Halchov
 player, 361 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sun 13 Jan 2008
at 00:45
Re: Act 1; Falme
"By healing them. Not only may we save some live, we may learn more from them, or as Azara has done, educate some?"

"If not, then we should leave the field of battle. The Seanchan appear routed, so perhaps it is safe to return to the city?"

"If not, then we should find some place defensable."
Rai'el
 player, 391 posts
Sun 13 Jan 2008
at 03:58
Re: Act 1; Falme
"If we go around about we could possibly avaoid most confrontations.'  Raiel points to the sides of the armies.  we could make our way that way towards the water and come in in anothre direction."  Raile says looks out over the terrain trying to plot a route through the forces array for battle and the skirnishing units already engauged..