Chapter 3: Winter of Discontent.   Posted by IC.Group: archive 0
Jennor Elan
 player, 36 posts
 I am a Flame in the Void!
 Pursuing the Heron Mark!
Mon 11 May 2009
at 04:37
Re: Act 2: Saldaea 
Jennor paused in his tracking to glance at Thayna.  He nodded his head as he said in a soft, polite tone, {Common: Ebou Dar} "I thank you Accepted for your information and I concur that these tracks do not belong to Taim.  However as I am unable to sense the One Power, Thank the Light!, I cannot track Taim that way nor follow up any leads that involve the use of the One Power.

Thus my only option is to pursue what leads I am capable of following with my humble tracking skills.  While these tracks may not lead to Taim, perhaps they lead to whomever it was that aided Taim in making good his escape.

Or at least, that is my reasoning.  And while I appreciate the honor you do me by naming me as such, regretfully I am no Warder... yet.  I am still in training but I do hope one day to attain the right to the title of Gaidin."


Jennor paused for a moment before adding in an uncertain tone, "Accepted, it occurs to me that Murane Sedai might find the results of your One Power investigation useful as it certainly points to Taim's departure being the result of the use of the One Power rather than by mundane means.

On the other hand, your keen insight could prove most useful if you were to accompany me on my pursuit of these tracks."

Johanfk
 GM, 56 posts
Mon 11 May 2009
at 17:34
Re: Act 2: Saldaea 
The battle area
Thayna, Nerissa, Ahlandra and Jennor

[Private to Jennor Elan: No you are good.</orange>
[Private to Nerissa din Nelyn: Nothing that really comes to your mind.
]

In search for the General
Rai'el, Melina, Darek, Azara and Xander

Delia sent an ice cold stare at Darek.

"That is actual not your business at all." [Private to Azara; Melina: You can both see how Delia embraces Saidar.] Bashere knew good enough not to step between an Aes Sedai and the one that was most likely to get his ears boxed and kept silent for now just watching them.
Darek Halchov
 player, 677 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Mon 11 May 2009
at 17:59
Re: Act 2: Saldaea 
Darek looked at General Bashere. "Would you like to accompany us? We should hurry, since every minute that passes is a minute we could be getting closer to stopping Belyn."

Darek was please, he'd struck enough of nerve with the Ais Sedai to put her on the defensive as much as any Ais Sedai ever was, or so he imagined. At least she hadn't asked more questions.

Darek looked to the others. "We need to gather our horses and gear so we are ready to go as soon as we have any clues from this box."
Thayna Dabei
 player, 16 posts
 Domani Seductress
 White Tower Accpted
Mon 11 May 2009
at 20:51
Re: Act 2: Saldaea 
Thayna listened to the man as he explained the situation, nodding all the while.  Though she had a bit of a tough time understanding the Altaran’s southern accent, none of the message was lost in translation.  The Domani smirked a bit at the humble way in which he corrected her deliberate misuse of the Warders’ honorific while being careful not to give offense.  Any fool would go out of his way to avoid offending an Aes Sedai, and those men who were tower trained knew that the Accepted were little worse, especially one so close the Shawl as she.  A man with a little bit of sense.  Rare. she thought.  This one will find himself bonded soon enough

Murane Sedai will have discovered this herself soon enough, if not already.  A Novice could see that the cage is sealed with the One Power and has not been opened any other way.  Lead on,  warrior. Thayna said in reply.  Murane had given her leave to be of assistance where she saw fit and was certain that the Sister would not be upset with her for leaving the area under the protection of four (almost five) Warders.

[Private to GM: Are any of the Warders with Thayna and Jennor those whose Aes Sedai were killed?  I can only assume that they are not, since I doubt they would be calmly tracking Darkfriends if their Aes Sedai had just been killed.]
Xander Bakura
 player, 34 posts
 Golden Eyes
Mon 11 May 2009
at 20:55
Re: Act 2: Saldaea 
Xander stands there looking rather confused, as if unsure of who is speaking to who. He looks at Azara, eyes narrowed slightly then to Darek and Raiel. The man turns, keeping his back to the entrance of the tent and shifting slightly as if unnerved. His steely glance moves from Bashere to Delia. At his feet, the wolf waits, looking in the same directions as Xander, as if copying him. Or is the man copying the wolf?
Melina
 player, 404 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Tue 12 May 2009
at 10:29
Re: Act 2: Saldaea 
Melina leans close to Darek and whispers. "She holds Saidar."  is all she said into his ear. and turns to the Aes Sedai.

Hoping to sidetrack Delia Sedai, Melina steps forward casual moving so that she shielded Darek, and asks, "Delia Sedai, can you do this Traveling weave?  Can you follow this Black Sister?  It would be of help if we could continue to follow her quickly before she does any more for Leafblighter.....the Dark One," she amends quickly"

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:29, Tue 12 May 2009.

Darek Halchov
 player, 678 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Mon 11 May 2009
at 22:50
Re: Act 2: Saldaea 
Darek, still holding saidin nods to Melina. He would not harm the Ais Sedai, but he would not let any of them be captured by her.
Azara
 player, 583 posts
Mon 11 May 2009
at 23:04
Re: Act 2: Saldaea 

Azara uses her best calming voice, "If the Lady Aes Sedai would please aid us, she could be of great assistaance to us, if not we will have to try on our own."  In some ways maybe by themselves would be better. Belyne would have probably set wards on the chest against othe sisters looking into it.  It might be the Darek would be the key to opening it.
Xander Bakura
 player, 35 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 12 May 2009
at 00:00
Re: Act 2: Saldaea 
Sensing the tension in the room, Xander's form seems to tense up somewhat. His hand slips to the hilt of the axe on his back perhaps out of instinct as he glances to everyone, one by one. Strangely enough, he doesn't say a word. Perhaps confused about the whole ordeal.
Jennor Elan
 player, 37 posts
 I am a Flame in the Void!
 Pursuing the Heron Mark!
Tue 12 May 2009
at 07:13
Re: Act 2: Saldaea 
Jennor knew better than to offer dissent to an Accepted who had made her mind up.  Besides she was probably right in that Murane Sedai had or would soon make those same observations and discoveries for herself.  In any case, this Accepted was determined to accompany him and that was that.

Jennor nodded his head in acknowledgment and turned back to the tracks he had been following.  As he continued to move east to where the tracks led, Jennor said in a polite tone, {Common: Ebou Dar} "Accepted, as we are working together to follow this lead, I feel perhaps that I ought to introduce myself.  I have seen you before back at the White Tower during breaks in my warder training, but I don't believe we've ever been formally introduced.

My name is Jennor Elan.  I am the son of Lerelle Sedai, Sister of the Green Ajah, and Lord Brevin Elan of Ebou Dar, Gaidin to my mother.

While I feel confident to handle any martial trouble, I do feel comforted knowing that I can rely upon your training in the One Power to deal with like threats.  I am pleased Accepted that you chose to accompany me, I just hope my hunch turns into a productive lead."

Johanfk
 GM, 57 posts
Tue 12 May 2009
at 17:39
Re: Act 2: Saldaea 
The battle area
Thayna, Nerissa, Ahlandra and Jennor

The other three Warders have left in another direction, not following you. Those with you are Thayna, Nerissa, Ahlandra and Jennor.

[Private to Thayna Dabei: You are correct, It is you Nerissa Ahlandra and Jennor.]

In search for the General
Rai'el, Melina, Darek, Azara and Xander

The general turned to Darek.

"No I'll stay here. Find out what you can and then return and report your findings." He told them shooting an eye at Delia who returned to his side. [Private to Azara; Melina: And releasing Saidar.] As Melina walked up to her making her turn towards her.

"Using Travelling at this point has no uses. To do this you need to know where the gateway led, which to what I assume you don't." She looked at them all waiting for someone to speak up against her.
Xander Bakura
 player, 36 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 12 May 2009
at 18:06
Re: Act 2: Saldaea 
Grunting, Xander looks down at his wolf compatriot. He tilts his head slightly, as does the wolf and nods. He looks to the others and strokes his chin, smudging dirt and dry blood on it but he doesn't seem to care much if at all, at least for now."I have means to find the witch though may take some time."

[private to Johanfk: Wolfspeech, communicate with wolves telepathically, 10 X my level in miles so...40 or 20? Trying to use the wolves to watch for Belyn and or Taim. Also, next level I gain Wolf Dream, sounds like its the same as Dreamwalk. Can I swap Dreamwalk out for Dreamwatch...? I'd still need to make concentration checks which'll be hard. Not sure how useful it'll be.]
Azara
 player, 584 posts
Tue 12 May 2009
at 18:41
Re: Act 2: Saldaea 

Azara turns to the manv, "Then please come with us, we my need your strength, or you "way" of finding her.  Darek, you and Melina lead.  She said nothing to Raiel, for Raiel would do what Raiel did best, scout."

That said she turns to follow Darek and Melina.
Melina
 player, 405 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Tue 12 May 2009
at 19:21
Re: Act 2: Saldaea 
"Thank you Aes Sedai, for explaining about Traveling.  Truly sich an ability, if one possessed it, would give one a great advantage, but only those who can wield the One Power could even contemplate its use. "  Melina intentionally let the thought planted that they had no ability to use the One Power.  Whether it would work or not, she did not know.
Darek Halchov
 player, 679 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 12 May 2009
at 20:37
Re: Act 2: Saldaea 
"Of course, General Bashere." Darek bent down and picked up the chest once more, carrying it out of the tent as he untied the weave of silence around the inside of the tent.

Once outside the tent, Darek turned to head to the outside of the tent, away from the horses. If this thing did explode, he wanted to reduce the risk of the horses getting spooked. Spooked horses could do more damage to themselves and others than many a fireball.
Darek Halchov
 player, 680 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 12 May 2009
at 21:26
Re: Act 2: Saldaea 
As they were leaving the camp, Darek looked for a staff sitting around, preferably in a practice ring, or failing that, a long stick or such.

When they finally left the camp, Darek looked for a depression area, some place where the ground would help prevemt damage, and with rocks to rest the box nearly upside down in. He placed the box, the lid still trapped in place with hardened air, so that they could see the bottom to cut into it and pull the contents out.

"I gues about 20 feet should be enough distance?" He half asked as he looked to Melina and Azara. "I don't want either of you getting hurt, so, if you could make a flame on the end of this," motioning to the staff or stick in his hand."

He nodded towards the staff or stick as he looked at Melina and embraced saidin. A moment later, a small knife sized blade appears on the end of the staff/stick.

"I want to score the wood enough that the bottom should come off easily."

OOC Blade of fire to cute through most of the thickness of the wooden chests sides, near the bottom. Once done, arms of air from melina or Azara to lift the top off, once Darek has backed away.
Xander Bakura
 player, 37 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 12 May 2009
at 22:37
Re: Act 2: Saldaea 
Biting his lip, Xander moves out of the tent after glancing at Delia for a moment. He watches Bashere for a moment as well but says nothing. The gruff warrior follows after Darek and the other but keeps his distance. He moves around the group slowly as if watching for anyone who may interfere with Darek's handiwork-the whole time his hand remains on the hilt of his axe.

The wolf darts off into the woodlands for some reason.
Melina
 player, 406 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Wed 13 May 2009
at 00:02
Re: Act 2: Saldaea 
"I hope with the useso much the One Power going on around here that ours  will not be noticed

~~Raiel let me know is any undesired attention is drawn to our actions,~~ she signs her near-sister.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:27, Wed 13 May 2009.

Darek Halchov
 player, 681 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Wed 13 May 2009
at 00:29
Re: Act 2: Saldaea 
"Agreed," Darek says to Melina. "The sooner done and on the trail again, the better."
Azara
 player, 585 posts
Wed 13 May 2009
at 03:40
Re: Act 2: Saldaea 

"Tell me when Darek and I will lift the cover."  Azara goes over what weaves might be best for the job.

There was just trying to open it from a distance, or breaking the top in, or....
Darek Halchov
 player, 682 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Wed 13 May 2009
at 06:26
Re: Act 2: Saldaea 
OOC Emphasis on come off easy, when Darek spoke of his plan. :)
Nerissa din Nelyn
 player, 10 posts
 Atha'an Miere Accepted
 Nice porcelain jewelry!
Wed 13 May 2009
at 07:33
Re: Act 2: Saldaea 
Nerissa studies the Weaves on the cage. Have they been tampered with; are they still in place; can she figure out what they are...

Nerissa din Nelyn rolled 19 using 1d20+14. sense residue/weavesight on cage .
Nerissa din Nelyn
 player, 12 posts
 Atha'an Miere Accepted
 Nice porcelain jewelry!
Thu 14 May 2009
at 02:13
Re: Act 2: Saldaea 
Nerissa sees several persons wandering off, around from the empty cage. Hmmm... Was I to have accompanied them? She moves to follow them...
Xander Bakura
 player, 38 posts
 Golden Eyes
Thu 14 May 2009
at 04:12
Re: Act 2: Saldaea 
Xander sticks to the woodlands, scouting the area near Darek and Azara seeming to almost dissapear within them while keeping a close watch on them and what they are doing.

[private to Johanfk: 00:08, Today: Secret Roll: Xander Bakura rolled 11 using 1d20+9. Listen Check.
00:08, Today: Secret Roll: Xander Bakura rolled 23 using 1d20+11. Spot Check.
00:08, Today: Secret Roll: Xander Bakura rolled 20 using 1d20+10. Move Silently Check.
00:08, Today: Secret Roll: Xander Bakura rolled 25 using 1d20+10. Hide Check. Forgot to add in Woodland Stealth on the roller!
]

This message was last edited by the player at 04:14, Thu 14 May 2009.

Johanfk
 GM, 61 posts
Thu 14 May 2009
at 04:35
Re: Act 2: Saldaea 
I will split the threads here as Act 3 is from here on end over.

Party gains experience.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:41, Thu 14 May 2009.