Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister.   Posted by IC.Group: archive 0
Rai'el
 player, 616 posts
Wed 25 Nov 2009
at 07:29
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel stopped alert and on guard through all the conversation.  "Melina has had no rest nor any of you.  For myself and Xander, we are not much bothered by the lack of rest but it is not so for you who wield the One Power."  Secondly there must be watchmen on board even if we can't see them."
Melina
 player, 470 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Wed 25 Nov 2009
at 07:35
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander would you explain yourself.  Who or what has gone and Why must we go now.?  Melond would make no decision as for what to do next.  "She laid her hands on Darek's arm ans squeezed lightly.  We need to know what Xander's words mean before we decide what to do next.  raiel is correct the day has been long and fraught with much."
Xander Bakura
 player, 300 posts
 Golden Eyes
Wed 25 Nov 2009
at 10:45
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"We need to go. I do not want to be away from them. They need me and now they are dying. And we do not know what goes on in this place, so close to the Blight. If the Dark One can influence and send his minions here, this man who killed the captain and who knows whomever else-he must be growing stronger. We have many questions but no answers and I do not feel the answers we seek are here. If you wish to rest so be it, I will stand guard. How do we not know the Captains guards will not simply come for us, thinking we killed the captain? The guard knew we did not but blame would be placed, though myself being Borlander-honor is important." Ramble, ramble, glare here and there. Xander begins to pace a bit, acting like a well wolf on the hunt. Riverwind looks up at hi quizzically.
Darek Halchov
 player, 904 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Wed 25 Nov 2009
at 14:37
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I am not suggesting we steal the vessel, merely have it ready when the crew arrives, if they are not aboard where we can wake them and get underway sooner than later."

"If the wolves are being killed, then it is good they left. We should do the same, but will travel much faster by boat. The faster we can travel, the sooner we can catch our prey."

"We can sleep on the boat as it travels, and once loaded, take turns here."


Darek heads over to the most likely riverboat candidate, and hollars out. "Ahoy on the (name on the boat)."

This message was last edited by the player at 14:40, Wed 25 Nov 2009.

Johanfk
 GM, 274 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Thu 26 Nov 2009
at 08:40
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
It was quiet for a moment then a man stood up clearly awakened by Darek's yelling.

"Ahoy there! What's the bloody noise?" He called back sounding quite annoyed.

ooc: Boats name is Adrania.
Darek Halchov
 player, 905 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 26 Nov 2009
at 18:46
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Quieter, now that the man is awake and on deck, Darek replies, "Sorry to wake you so early, but we need passage South for us and our mounts. The Dark One walks the streets tonight and the sooner heading down river the better."

When the man came closer, Darek said more quietly. "The Captain arranged for a boat for us but was murdered by a Trolloc not an hour past. Unfortunately, he hadn't told us yet which boat and yours seems the likeliest by the coiled ropes and polish."

"If my guess is wrong, then I'd gladly sail on sucha  fine looking vessel as the Adrania."

Darek waits, a hopeful look on his face that he had guessed right with the Adrania.
Azara
 player, 731 posts
Thu 26 Nov 2009
at 19:07
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara made a face in the depths of her hood, sure tell them about Trollocs in town and killing the captain, smooth move Darek.

"And the dog." put in Azara.
Darek Halchov
 player, 907 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 26 Nov 2009
at 19:26
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek smiled. He thought of the wolf as one of them, so hadn't singled her out.

"She's one of us, of course." Darek said with a nod.
Xander Bakura
 player, 302 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 27 Nov 2009
at 00:10
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
When the word 'dog' is mentioned, both Xander and Riverwind look at Darek and Azara. The man is quiet, but the wolf growls. Quickly pulling up his hood to hide his face, Xander moves to well give Darek and well places smack to the back of the head before training his eyes from the boat to several other things around the docks area, keeping alert.
Darek Halchov
 player, 910 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 27 Nov 2009
at 01:23
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I would never call Riverwind a dog," she says as he smacks Xander back, "your girlfriend did it."
Xander Bakura
 player, 303 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 27 Nov 2009
at 02:47
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I have no 'girlfriend'." So the wolfbrother is in denial. He stands there, as his back is pat and his first reaction is to make a fist and punch Darek but he doesn't. He just looks around like a snake ready to strike.
Darek Halchov
 player, 911 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 27 Nov 2009
at 02:52
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Beloved? Mate? Is not the pack stronger for having more members? None the less, Riverwind is one of the group as much as any other, and clearly a beautiful, strong wolf."

Darek says this with the slightest of whispers so the man on deck doesn't hear. Only Xander and Riverwind should be able to hear it.

He looks to the man on the deck for his reply.
Johanfk
 GM, 279 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Fri 27 Nov 2009
at 07:21
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The crewman turned almost totally white in the face and in almost panic started to look around himself as if he expected the Dark One to actually stand there.

"Come on board... I'll leave as quickly as I can." As he has managed to round up his crew most likely. You all expected that it wasn't of compassion he offered them to be let on, more he saw the potential to increase his chances by having good armed men riding with him.
Darek Halchov
 player, 912 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 27 Nov 2009
at 15:04
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Thank you, Sir." Darek moves to start leading the horses onto the boat, if the planking is wide enough and strong enough.

Darek pats Melina's hand. "Honesty and a bit of fear can be better than tales. When everyone is loaded and ready to go, a ward on the ship might be a good idea."
Johanfk
 GM, 280 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Fri 27 Nov 2009
at 15:05
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Leading the horses on board wasn't easiest thing to do but it was manageable at least.
Darek Halchov
 player, 913 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 27 Nov 2009
at 15:09
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek was glad when the horses were safely on board. He looked around, finally asking if there was anything they could do to help load cargo. He understood that the Captain and likely owner of the boat still needed to make a profit, as did the crew. He'd not have the Cpatin leave cargo behind if it was only a matter of getting it loaded quickly.
Xander Bakura
 player, 304 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 27 Nov 2009
at 17:42
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander keeps a weary eye on the captain as the party boards the ship. Riverwind stays close to Azara, looking up at her often. The wolfbrother sniffs the area often, moving around the ship and giving a intimidating glance at anyone whom bars his path.
Azara
 player, 733 posts
Fri 27 Nov 2009
at 18:30
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara get Flame aboard knowing Sunny would go where Flame went. After the horses are settled in the narrow stalls she moves up to Xander.

"I am sorry I called her a D-O-G," she spells it out, "but I did not think the man would like the idea of having a wolf on board."
Xander Bakura
 player, 305 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 27 Nov 2009
at 19:27
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
In a quiet tone, Xander turns to look over at Azara. He moves to place his hands on her shoulders firmly, so she can look into his eyes beneath his hood."The captain of this ship has something far worse on board. Me. As for being called a dog..." Riverwind looks up at the pair and tilts her head."..Don't worry about it. I'm starting to think River likes you more then she likes even -me-."A brief grin.
Johanfk
 GM, 282 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Fri 27 Nov 2009
at 19:59
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Two other sailors soon came up on the deck and started to move crates from the dock to the ship while the captain himself ran off to shore and ran towards one of the closest taverns.
Darek Halchov
 player, 915 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 27 Nov 2009
at 20:16
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek followed along, moving what he could with them, placing the crates and barrels where they said to place them.
Melina
 player, 472 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Sun 29 Nov 2009
at 06:48
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Melina help as she can to lead Flame up the narrow gangplank.  Being suspended over the water makes her very wary of the board path that shifts from the weight of her horse,.  She was very glad once she was safely on board.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:12, Mon 30 Nov 2009.

Rai'el
 player, 617 posts
Mon 30 Nov 2009
at 04:36
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel waits while the horse and  all the other board the boat.  She keeps a sharp eye on their surroundings her cadinsor suited to the grays and browns of the desert still were of help in the darkness of the night.  If it seemed that she did not hurry to cross on the gangplank to the ships deck well it might be that she was just being very focused on their safety.
Xander Bakura
 player, 309 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 1 Dec 2009
at 02:29
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander turns and moves towards a area where he can get a good view of the deck while hiding in the shadows. Riverwind tries to keep her distance from the sailors and other shipmates while remaining close to Azara. The wolfbrother seems to try and keep Azara as well within eyeshot and earshot of himself, seeming in deep thought and very quiet. He keeps his eyes hidden beneath his hood but before he leaves Azara side to do his 'watch', he brushes a hand lightly against her cheek and walks off.
Johanfk
 GM, 288 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Tue 1 Dec 2009
at 12:29
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Assembling the few lost sailors took no more than a few minutes and once all the horses and the remaining equipment was on board the boat slowly left the harbour and started a slow sail south.