Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister.   Posted by IC.Group: archive 0
IC
Thu 14 May 2009
at 04:44
Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The thread for Azara, Darek, Melina, Rai'el and Xandor

With joined help Darel and Melina cuts and removes the top of the chest causing its content to fall out and end up on the grassed ground. Since you are about a few hundred yards outside the camp itself no-one are close enough to see what you are doing.

You quickly roam around of the content of the chest, finding two exchange of clothing matching what you had seen Belyn to wear. There were also a purse with coins and as you roam around among the cloths you can feel paper sawn into a jacket rather skilfully hidden.

[Private to Xander Bakura: The wolves answer you, at first two packs... then three more: Gold-Snout, Hard-Fang, Snow-Stone, Shadowbane and Fish-Hunter. They howls their greeting to you and for a moment you are a bit lost in their thoughts as your mind mix with theirs.

As you explain what you are looking for they all rages and sets off promising the Shadowspawns corpse if she is close.

You are all alone here.
]

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:48, Thu 14 May 2009.

Darek Halchov
 player, 683 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 14 May 2009
at 15:15
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"It feels like paper sewn into this jacket."

If Xander comes back around, he'll ask him, "Would her scent help to find her?"
Xander Bakura
 player, 40 posts
 Golden Eyes
Thu 14 May 2009
at 16:37
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander emerges from the woodlands, looking around like some cautious animal. He moves up to Darek, his axe now on his shoulder, held in his right hand and nods to the man."Yes. If she is close, I will know."He whistles a few times, perhaps waiting for the white wolf to return.
Darek Halchov
 player, 684 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 14 May 2009
at 16:55
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek hands the jacket off to one of the women. if the paper was trapped, they should be able to tell.

He held the other cloths and belongs out to Xander, for him to choose what he wanted to examine.
Xander Bakura
 player, 41 posts
 Golden Eyes
Thu 14 May 2009
at 20:19
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The strange man seems lost in thought, constantly looking around like a animal on the prowl. He nods to Darek as the man hold out some of the items. Xander takes the pouch and holds it tightly. The woodsman sniffs it for a moment and closes his eyes, then opens them.

[private to Johanfk: Is the wolf companion still with me? And I believe I can communicate with all wolves within 40 miles which is cool lol! Anything odd I smell on the pouch? I'm going to try and use the wolves as basically my eyes, sending out a simple impulse of 'be careful' and 'danger']
Darek Halchov
 player, 685 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 14 May 2009
at 21:05
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek watches, having expected Xander to have the wolf sniff something. Darek was partly surprised when Xander himself inhaled Belyn's scent. He wondered what the man would do next.
Rai'el
 player, 534 posts
Fri 15 May 2009
at 00:43
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Melina took out her knife and carefully cut the seams of the jacket to reveal the paper that Darek thought lay within it. Removing the parer she spread it out to read what was written there.

After reading it she passes it on to Darek and Azara for perusal and gathering up Berlyn's clothes. Ever frugal she folded them neatly and tied them into the smallest bundle she could make.  They were of good cloth and might be able to be remade into a dress for Azara and herself, with alterations. She passes the bundle to Raiel for now
Darek Halchov
 player, 686 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 15 May 2009
at 01:09
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek looks into the chest to see if it is lined or simple wood. He check the bottom that was removed as well, wanting to be sure they hadn't missed anything in their search.

he reads the paper that Melina hands to him.
Rai'el
 player, 535 posts
Fri 15 May 2009
at 02:18
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel looks at Melina,  "Do we go now?" she says dropping her voice for Melina's ears only.  Raiel is un comfortable as there are to many here too many Wetlanders and Aes Sedai about

The Wolfman Wetlander is coming with us?  Raiel questions as she eyed the strange man yet again keeping him in sight like a desert hawk watching the sand rat.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:53, Fri 15 May 2009.

Xander Bakura
 player, 42 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 15 May 2009
at 09:59
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The strange man continues to wait for his albino companion. He looks to Darek, eyes narrowed then to the others. Its hard to tell if he is doing much. Xander kneels down on the ground, pressing a hand to the earth and examines it somewhat.

[private to Johanfk: 05:58, Today: Secret Roll: Xander Bakura rolled 12 using 1d20+5. Search Check.
05:57, Today: Secret Roll: Xander Bakura rolled 13 using 1d20+7. Wilderness Lore.
05:56, Today: Secret Roll: Xander Bakura rolled 25 using 1d20+11. Spot Check.
05:56, Today: Secret Roll: Xander Bakura rolled 23 using 1d20+9. Listen Check-to hear Raiel.
]
Azara
 player, 586 posts
Fri 15 May 2009
at 20:50
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara takes the note and reads it and looks to the others.  "Take the valuables, they can be sold."  She then walks up to the remains of the chest and checks for any trace of the one power on anything remaining.
Johanfk
 GM, 67 posts
Sat 16 May 2009
at 18:48
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The letter is written in haste with quite crude letters, not someone that you would think being a scholar or used of writing.

"Your orders are simple. We must have have him on our side. All attempt to bride or persuade him to join our cause has so far failed and to my knowledge he even killed Ba'alzamon in a battle in the sky of Thomas Head.
So it has been decided that he is too dangerous and since he refuses to join of own free will we will force his hands. Go to his home in Two Rivers and do what you must.
"

The letter wasn't signer or anything.

[Private to Xander Bakura: You can still feel her presence a few hundred yards away from you to the west doing a large search of the area for the Shadowbane you are hunting.

You can't really detect anything.
]
Melina
 player, 407 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Sat 16 May 2009
at 20:14
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
This may have been the message Ferlyn received last night.  IT could be she was ordered to go so she made one last attempt to free Taim before she left.  Only where is this Two Rivers and who is the note referring to.  Many people resist the Leafblighter."  Melina turns to Darek and Azara  "Do you know of  this place and how long it will take to get there.

Then she looks at Xander,  "Do you know where the Two Rivers is located?"
Johanfk
 GM, 69 posts
Sat 16 May 2009
at 21:16
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Geography DC15.
Darek Halchov
 player, 687 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sat 16 May 2009
at 21:35
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"They are going after the dragon reborn." They'd all seen the battle in the sky and that was not Taim."

"The Two River's is in the Western Part of Andor, where the Manetherin River splits."

OOC

How many days riding? It looks like we are less distance that the distance between Emond's Field and Whitebridge, which I think was 3 days travel.
Melina
 player, 408 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Sat 16 May 2009
at 22:58
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Who or what is the Dragon Reborn?" queries Melina curiously "...and why would Berlyn be concerned with turning this man to Leafblighter's side."

This message was last edited by the player at 03:36, Sun 17 May 2009.

Xander Bakura
 player, 43 posts
 Golden Eyes
Sat 16 May 2009
at 23:06
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I am not sure if I have been there but since he knows where it it..."Xander motions to Xander with his axe slightly."I can get us there safely."He pauses for a moment, looking around the area and sniffing quietly before looking to Melina."A savior. Or so I have heard. We must find him and keep him safe. And if the witch wants him-she must be stopped."

[private to Johanfk: Don't got knowledge Geography.]

This message was last edited by the player at 23:06, Sat 16 May 2009.

Darek Halchov
 player, 688 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sat 16 May 2009
at 23:16
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"He will fight the Dark on in the Final Battle. We saw him fighting in the clouds over Falme when the Horn was sounded."

Darek was about to ask what the Aiel called him, assuming everyone had a name for him as they did the Dark One.
Rai'el
 player, 536 posts
Sun 17 May 2009
at 03:42
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Yes the one with the red hair that fought on the skies with a sword of flame.  He is the Dragon Reborn?  Why is he important."

Aiel wait for Hee Who Comes with the Dawn,  He will be the Car'a'carn, the Chiefs of Chiefs and will  lead the all of the Aiel out of the waste to reclaim that which is our birthright..  For him we have been forged and tempered and we wait his coming.."

"It will not be just the four clans that went out for Laimond's Pride but all twelve clans."  Raiel finished with pride in her voice.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:06, Sun 17 May 2009.

Darek Halchov
 player, 689 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sun 17 May 2009
at 03:49
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"He will fight the Dark One during the Final Battle. If he wins, then the pattern continues, if not, then the Dark One will break the wheel and make his own pattern."

Darek wondered if Rai'el hadn't been listening when he'd first stated that the Dragon reborn would fight the Dark One, or if they didn't have a legend about the Final Battle.

Darel looked to Xander. "I know basic geography, but have never visited the area. With skill and a lot of luck, you and your friends can find Belyn. I don't suppose they could track where the Dragon Reborn might be."
Xander Bakura
 player, 44 posts
 Golden Eyes
Sun 17 May 2009
at 04:05
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"If they have met him-and know him-I suppose they may be able to find the man but it would take time. Seems like everyone wants to be around him, for one reason or another."Xander hefts the heavy axe onto his shoulder but keeps it drawn. He turns to head in the direction of the Two Rivers, trolloc blade, pack and a two rivers bow on his back and begins to head in that area. He pauses occasionally the look around, eyes hidden beneath his hooded face.

[private to Johanfk: I'll keep tabs on the wolves occasionally and may make spot/listen checks if needed, even hide/move silently]
Melina
 player, 409 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Sun 17 May 2009
at 04:09
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Melina layed a hand on Darek's arm, and explains what Taiel did not.  It was almost if she could read his thoughts but it was only his face and body language. IT was a trick the Wise Ones, even Apprenticed Wise Ones learned.

"We have not tales of the Dragon Reborn but anyone who would fight the Leafblighter needs to be kept free to do so.  To attack his family and home would do none of use any good.."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:11, Sun 17 May 2009.

Darek Halchov
 player, 690 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sun 17 May 2009
at 13:11
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I thought perhaps you didn't have a similar legend," Darek says with a smile for the way Melina seemed to read his mind. His smiled turned into a grin and a wink as he stole a kiss on the cheek.

'If this is Madness,' he thought to himself, 'its a madness I will embrace.'

"Xander, we need to grab out horses and gear, and tell General Bashere of our findings."

When the group is leaving, and a safe distance away, Darek embraces saidar and unties the hardened air holding the lid closed on the small chest so that the lid can fall open.

If it is trapped, he wants the trap set off now, not left for someone to find in a couple weeks when the weave unraveled itself.
Xander Bakura
 player, 45 posts
 Golden Eyes
Mon 18 May 2009
at 03:25
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The man nods, keeping the scent in his mind. Xander continues to look around quite often, eyes narrowing beneath his hooded visage."So be it. Let us head back though I prefer to walk when I travel and have no horse to bear me."He starts to head back towards the camp, keeping his axe out still and letting it hang down at his right side.
Melina
 player, 410 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Mon 18 May 2009
at 04:31
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
After Darek releases the chest lid and nods to her, Melina uses tools of air to try opening the lid  as one would normally. once they were about 30 ft off from it.

Her hunch is that it was not trapped but she was glad they had all be wary and made the effort they did to prevent and harm form befallen them if it was.
Darek Halchov
 player, 694 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Mon 18 May 2009
at 20:04
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
As they walk, but not yet back to the camp, Darek says, "We'll need riverboat passage for the horses and us. Did Belyn leave enough to pay our passage?" Darek says with a chuckle.

If it was anything like Ais Sedai carried around, it would be passage, supplies, and enough to live on for many weeks, if not a year of frugal living.

Their little group had spent quite a bit of coin on useful gear, armor, and weapons, but they still traveled as inexpensively as they could. Darek had even continued to work in the kitchen's, where the head cook or inn keep had allowed it.

He enjoyed cooking but it also ensure their food wasn't poisoned and gave them the best choices as well as being a great way to hear the local tales.
Rai'el
 player, 538 posts
Tue 19 May 2009
at 07:10
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"By water, again?" queries Raiel in a tone of disgust. "Can we not travel over land as fast?"  She heads back to General Bashere's tent and stops outside. waiting for the others to take the lead in there.
In her heart she yearns for her home and her family in the Three-fold land.  Melina and she had been long in the Wetlands and  had travel further than most Aiel had ever been except when the Aiel Cross the wall for Laman's sin of cutting down the Avendoraldera.

Raiel and Melina have travel From the Three-fold land over the Dragon Wall into the Wetlands  from there  to Falme at the western most part of the Wetlands  almost in there the Aryth Ocean.  From there they went across the  southern end of the Wetlands until they swung north now almost to the Blight in Saldaea.

Raiel followed the others back into the tent once they were let in.
Darek Halchov
 player, 700 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 19 May 2009
at 13:14
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Sorry, no. The boats don't need to rest, even if the horses could move as fast. The boats will cover 3 times the distance in a day, perhaps more."
Xander Bakura
 player, 51 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 19 May 2009
at 13:23
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Darek is right. The boat is the best option to reach our destination faster. Speed is of the essence if we are to put the witch down."Xander grumbles out as he looks back at the others."We go by boat if one can be found to take us to our destination, or rather close to it. I prefer to walk though this is of the upmost urgency."He glances about again, still a bit hunched over, his gaze stopping on Azara at times before he turns back to where Bashere is. The man hoists the axe onto his right shoulder, the trolloc blade shifting on his back as he moves more gracefully then could be believed.
Darek Halchov
 player, 702 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 19 May 2009
at 13:40
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek stops and looks to the others. "Since speed is important, if General Bashere's Ais Sedai can create one of these Gates, it might be worth mentioning."

"There were other Ais Sedai that might have learned it when Belyn created it."


It is clear that Darek dislikes the idea of needing the Ais Sedai help, but the mission is more important.
Rai'el
 player, 539 posts
Tue 19 May 2009
at 16:12
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel quickly signs to Melina.  <<More water>>.  she puts an emphasis on her Hand tale to signify her dislike of the situation.

Raiel unthinkingly turns to the east an and equally she is unaware of her long deep breath that was almost a sigh. Then when she realizes just what she was doing she turned her golder gaze back to Melina and gave her a warm smile.  Where Melina went, there she would be.

She reminded herself she had to teach Darek how to make a wreath.  Not that she wanted him to.  It would change things.  He was not Aiel and di not know Aiel ways.  But Melina wanted him to make the wreath and for Melina she would teach him.
Azara
 player, 590 posts
Wed 20 May 2009
at 17:48
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"Either we will need to query Gen Bashere's Aes Sedai or we will need to see if we can reconstruct the weave with what we did see of it.  I know I got the one that Belyn wove that hit Darek, but I only got part of what she used to gate herself away."

Zara looks about to the others, her eyes ending on the silent member that seemed to attach himself to them.

"We have to stop Belyn and the quicker we can get to her the better.  If I have to I will reveal myself to Delia Sedai, I will just to ask her if she, or any of her sisters, knows the weave."
Darek Halchov
 player, 711 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Wed 20 May 2009
at 20:37
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek nods slightly at the mention of getting part of what Belyn had woven. He had almost gotten the weave Taim had used too. Linked, they might be able to weave a gateway without injury.
Xander Bakura
 player, 54 posts
 Golden Eyes
Thu 21 May 2009
at 00:34
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The man walks towards Azara, watching her closely from beneath his hood. He tilts his head to the right slightly. Strange man indeed."I am unsure if the Aes Sedai can be trusted. Bashere can, I know this as fact and I trust very few. I prefer to travel by foot, or perhaps horseback. Never have I been on a boat but I am willing. Yet to step through a hole in the air? Gate it is called?"He seems almost hesitant."We should go. Now."A firm, deep voice-almost a growl or a bark before he moves quickly to Bashere's tent. His axe still remains hoisted on his shoulder and he whistles a tune.
Azara
 player, 591 posts
Thu 21 May 2009
at 06:09
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"Xander, we will need to gather our things, one way or the other and then we can try to see if we can piece together the Gate weave and then we will have to know if the gate is viable.  We will aso, I believe, have to know the place we are going.  The best I could do is visualize the family's hunting lodge outside of Baerlon."

She turns to the others, Once we have everything we must put our heads together to see if we can recreate the weave."
Melina
 player, 418 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Thu 21 May 2009
at 06:27
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Wonderful idea" Melina says,  that  We should all together be able to figure that out.  I think I saw a piece of it to just at the end.  We could certainly try together to make what we saw, but I must interject a word of caution, We must be careful as well as we have no idea how it really works."
Darek Halchov
 player, 712 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 21 May 2009
at 06:33
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"It looked like it would be a powerful weave," Darek cautioned. In raw Talent, he and Taim had been about the same, but Taim had far more knowledge and skill, something that would only come with time.

"I think it safer to ask the Ais Sedai. If they know it, with the need, they might use it for us, and give you a chance to study the weave."
Rai'el
 player, 541 posts
Thu 21 May 2009
at 06:37
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel was not at all sanguine about this whole issue of traveling or gating with an unknown weave that they think they could copy if ther put the parts together correctly.You are going to try to open a door to somewhere. somehow.

"You don't know how to do this weave  It is foolish beyond belief to even consider doing this.  The Wise Ones would never agree to such experimentation and you know it. Melina."  Raiel seems to be  the lone dissenting voice. "You would be put to digging hole for a month and filling them up if you ever even thought of doing such a thing.  I wish a Wise One was here right now to take you in hand.  They might even put you in neck deep until you gained some sense."
Darek Halchov
 player, 714 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 21 May 2009
at 21:25
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Even if we managed to figure it out, it is probably too powerful to use. We should either ask the Ais Sedai, in the interest of catching up, or charter passage ona  riverboat."

Whent he group reaches General Bashere's tent, he either waits for the person outside to tell the general they have returned, or knocks on the tent pole saying, "We have returned General Bashere."
Xander Bakura
 player, 57 posts
 Golden Eyes
Thu 21 May 2009
at 21:28
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"It is too dangerous for us to attempt to do this gateway. The Aiel is right. We travel by foot, by horse, by boat."Xander speaks out, rather sternly and gruffly. His tone sounds deep and perhaps even guttaral as he looks back at the adventurers."What good would we be if we injured ourselves before the hunt even begins? Worthless."He hoists the axe back onto his shoulder and turns towards Bashere's tent."The gate may be faster but going without trying it ourselves is safer. Do not be foolish."He nods to Darek as if in agreement. Though his tone may sound harsh-he gets to the point."We hunt. Now."He sniffs a few times, and his eyes close momentarily before moving to enter the generals tent.

[private to Johanfk: Keeping tabs on the albino wolf 'pup' and the other wolves if able.]
Azara
 player, 592 posts
Fri 22 May 2009
at 01:35
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"Before we deal with the Aes Sedai, we must beware for there could be other Dark Sisters here still.  I will take Xandar's word for the general, and from what I have seen he is on the right side." Her eyes travel over the others, "I will say nothing as to where she planned to go."

Azara girds herself for dealing with the Aes Sedai.  She steps through the tent flap and nods to the General and then the Aes Sedai.

"We know where she goes and why," she turned her her eyes on the Aes Sedai.  She calls on all her inborn, inbred, instilled through lessons, air of nobility.

"Delia Sedai, it would be of the greatest assistance to us in thwarting her plan, if any Aes Sedai among you could create a gate for us to use, otherwise we will be well behind her leaving her far too much time to wreck her havoc and further the aims of the Dark One."

This message was last edited by the player at 03:07, Fri 22 May 2009.

Darek Halchov
 player, 715 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 22 May 2009
at 02:59
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek holds the flap open for the ladies, then enters and stands silently and watches Delia Sedai's reaction, as well as General Bashere's. Darek hope General Bashere's trust is well placed in this Ais Sedai.
Xander Bakura
 player, 58 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 22 May 2009
at 04:45
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The man steps in once the women have entered the tent as well as Darek. Xander keeps his axe drawn but on his shoulder, perhaps uneasy or simply being alert. It is hard to tell. He keeps his hood drawn up to hide much of his face, the small of carnage still lingering on his filthy form as he watches Bashere and then Delia. Xander says nothing, standing there watching a close vigil.
Melina
 player, 419 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Fri 22 May 2009
at 05:39
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Melina stands near Darek but does not speak.  Azara is much better at this and she does have an accent that is definitely not Saldean or Andoran or any of the other Wetland nations.  Aiel used many more words of the Old Tongue than the Wetlanders do she had learn on her travels.

Melina just smiled at Darek and gave his hand and encouraging squeeze.  SHe looked over to Raoel.  What could one say about raiel.  She looked like what she ws a warrior balanced and ready to dance the Spears.
Johanfk
 GM, 83 posts
Fri 22 May 2009
at 19:48
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The General and Delia Sedai is more or less where you left them in the tent and as you are let in by the guards the look at you curiously.

"That was quick?" Bashere asks. Then as you lay up your requests Delia looks at Azara clearly pondering what she says.

"What you asks for can't be done... not like this. I'm afraid you will be forced to use the normal travelling ways than using the One Power."

[Private to Xander Bakura: You can feel the wolves out there, more and more coming in contact with you and the other packs. All hail their brother; Dirt-Fur...]
Xander Bakura
 player, 59 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 22 May 2009
at 19:55
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"It cannot be done, or you will not do it?"Xander blurts out, rather gruffly. His eyes narrow beneat his hood as he watches the Aes Sedai."Normal travelling ways is fine with me. I've done it all my life and I find it more reliable."He gets right to the point, perhaps just eager to leave perhaps. The axe shifts on his shoulder somewhat and he looks over to Azara."I will help you or rather the others as well to gather the belongings and we shall be off."He glances over at Bashere, simply nods to him and turns to walk out.

[private to Johanfk: I will hail them back, making it known slightly of the dislike of 'Dirt Fur' and try to sense about how far away they are, just to keep some tabs on them and the pup. They might sense my emotional state as 'curious/aggrivated']

This message was last edited by the player at 19:58, Fri 22 May 2009.

Darek Halchov
 player, 716 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 22 May 2009
at 19:59
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek nods and says to his companions, "I'll get the horses ready. Someone should find a riverboat and charter it, hold it if it is getting ready to depart."

"I hope we all live to see the Dark One one lose the Final Battle. Until then, thank you General Bashere."


Darek heads out to saddle the horses, hoping Melina comes with him. He had no desire to remain any longer than they needed and in this case, haste to hurry after Belyn was called for.
Johanfk
 GM, 84 posts
Fri 22 May 2009
at 20:13
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Bashere shakes the hand one each and everyone of you as you depart then as you are to leave he adds.

"Go to Maradon first, search for the Captain of the guards Tim Fomin and give him this note." He gives Darek a paper stamped with the Bashere seal.

"He will help you on your journey."
Xander Bakura
 player, 60 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 22 May 2009
at 21:27
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Darek, see if you can find me a horse. Or I will ride double with someone. There is something I must do before we leave but I should not be long."The voice comes out rather gruff and deep as Xander motions a hand up towards the man. He glances back to Bashere though does not shake the hand as his own is well filthy and bloodied. He moves quickly, seeming to make little or no sound as he heads towards the river with a glance to Azara.
Darek Halchov
 player, 717 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 22 May 2009
at 22:06
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek nods at Xander's request, and looks to General Bashere as he takes the note, and returns a firm handshake.

Darek doubted General Bashere would want to part with one of his army's mounts, but for this he might. Otherwise, there was no better region to find horses. His own Kiserai was proof of that.

If General Bashere offered a mount after hearing Xander's request, Darek accepted, otherwise he heads out, outfitting the horses and seeing if they could each carry a little more and free one of the pack horses for use, in case there were no affordable horses to be bought, what with the army needing so many.
Johanfk
 GM, 85 posts
Sun 24 May 2009
at 18:05
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander is given a horse.
Xander Bakura
 player, 61 posts
 Golden Eyes
Sun 24 May 2009
at 22:49
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander cuts through the woodlands and heads towards the river if anyone follows. He goes about moving normally, no stealth really at all with his axe hoisted his right shoulder.
Melina
 player, 420 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Mon 25 May 2009
at 21:44
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Melina follows Darek out of the tent pausing only long enough to turn to Delia Sedai.

You Aes Sedai are not so powerful as we believed you to be.  Your prisoner escapes beneath your very noses doing something with the One Power you cannot and those of you own Sisterhood work against you and for Leafblighter.  It looks like you should clean up your own house first.

Then Melina moves out the tent to follow Darek.  She will have much to tell the Wise Ones when she returned.
Darek Halchov
 player, 718 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 26 May 2009
at 00:48
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek gave Melina's hand a squeeze, smiling at her when they left the tent.

"The sooner we pack and leave, the happier I will be."
Xander Bakura
 player, 62 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 26 May 2009
at 00:53
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander remains down at the river for some time...
Rai'el
 player, 543 posts
Tue 26 May 2009
at 06:04
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel Follows Melina out of the  tent and goes with Darek adn her near-sister while they fetch their horses.  She too is happy about leaving this place as quickly as possible.  Raiel stays a pace or two behind Melina and Darek  her eyes scanning about her ready to Dance the spears with any who would dare to interfere with them.
Johanfk
 GM, 87 posts
Tue 26 May 2009
at 17:18
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
As Melina leaves the tent she sees Delia lift her hand and in that moment she embraces the one source just to release it again as Bashere places his hand on her shoulder.




You leave the camp behind and ride back towards the city expecting to arrive there sometime just after midday the next day. Even if the weather is rather cold the sun shines in a fully blue sky trying to melt much of the snow on the ground. As you travel due west you find a few hours before it becomes dark a rather sheltered place just outside a grouping of trees that has been used by others before you to spend the night.
Xander Bakura
 player, 63 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 26 May 2009
at 17:43
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander rides for a bit ahead of the others and stops.  He slips off his horse at the encampment. The reason for going to river is clear to everyone-he wears cleaner clothes similar to his old ones, and the grime and dirt, as well as blood have been cleaned off though he remains unshaven. His hood remains down and he is silent the entire ride, always looking about acting like a snake coiled up ready to strike out at a moments notice. The scythesword remains bundled up and strapped to the side of his horse as well. He kneels down to check for tracks, sniffing at times and his axe goes to rest on his right shoulder once more, unhooked from his back.

[private to Johanfk: 13:44, Today: Xander Bakura rolled 13 using 1d20+9. Listen Check.
13:44, Today: Xander Bakura rolled 26 using 1d20+11. Spot Check.
13:44, Today: Xander Bakura rolled 15 using 1d20+7. Wilderness Lore.
13:43, Today: Xander Bakura rolled 8 using 1d20+5. Search Check.
How close are the wolves and the pup?
]

This message was last edited by the player at 17:46, Tue 26 May 2009.

Darek Halchov
 player, 719 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 26 May 2009
at 18:02
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek, his mood having become dark around so many Ais Sedai, is glad to see the camp fall behind. Several times, he gives Kiserai his rein, letting the horse race, enjoying the rush as much as Kiserai does. He doesn't run out of site, and returns almost as quickly to his beloved.

With Kiserai more calm, and Darek feeling much better, he looks for flowers along the way. He'd not forgotten about making a wreath to lay at Melina's feet.

With Xander farther away, Darek seeks the others council. "Xander seems as much outsider as any of us. I'm thinking, while we are away from others, we should share the more important of our secrets. Everyone would should know the capabilities of their comrades."

Darek was referring to both channeling and fighting capabilities, but would not share any secrets not his to share. He was also silently asking their approval, and aide should it be needed, when he explained he was a male who could channel.
Rai'el
 player, 544 posts
Tue 26 May 2009
at 18:48
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"He walks a difficult path.  One very different from most folk. But I agree with you.  We are as strange in our way as he is to us and we are to him and in such group it would be better fi we could work together knowing the truth about each other.  It would demonstrate more clearly than mere words that he is an equal and we trust him to keep our secret."

This message was last edited by the player at 22:59, Tue 26 May 2009.

Azara
 player, 593 posts
Tue 26 May 2009
at 20:28
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"Indeed," replies Azara looking up from her real journal, the one only she could read, for it was she that had developed the language that it was written in.  Long ago, when she had first been taught to write, she struggled with words where the letters did not make there usual sounds.  With so much time to herself she made up her own language of sound symbols.  To make it more unreadable by others none of the symbols looked like any known alphabet.  "When he returns we need to let him know just who and what were really are.  Though I have a suspicion that he knows Melina and I can channel, we were not hiding that from him when we went to deal with Belyn's chest."


Azarta pitches in as usual as camp is set up, there is no need for her to roleplay the part of a noble lady. When Xander returns and nods and gives her a clear, "Welcome back," and just a little lower, "thank you."
Xander Bakura
 player, 65 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 26 May 2009
at 20:35
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The man looks over to Azara, a puzzled look on his face. With her being as close as she is, his very much golden optics shift from his work to her and stop as if fixated."Thank you...for...what?"Xander seems surprised perhaps slightly as he goes back to checking the ground, sniffing a bit. He then stands up fully, and places his axe down to his right side, right hand holding the handle."I feel we may be safe here but I will take first watch. You and the others should get some rest. This close to the Blight, anything can happen. Or everything."The voice is deep, serious and perhaps even stern and sounds almost like a growl."Maradon is about a day or so ride. Everyone will need to be fully rested. I'll sleep when I'm dead."Its hard to tell if he is being serious or not.
Darek Halchov
 player, 720 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 26 May 2009
at 20:49
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek looked at Xander as he walked up, as if assessing the man one last time.

Finally, he spoke up, "I will take last watch, I am used to being up early to start the morning prep."

"Xander, since we will be traveling together, it is only fair that we know each other's capabilities in combat."

Darek let the others describe their skills, then Darek finished.

"I am fair with sword, can can ride decent. I can also channel. It was I who wove the wall of air that protected the defenders from Belyn, her followers, and the Trollocs."

"I can create fire and fireballs, harden air into shields and walls, creat zones of silence and invisibility, and heal."


Darek waited for Xander's reaction, hoping he had judged the man correctly, but knowing Xander could as likely try to kill him.
Azara
 player, 594 posts
Tue 26 May 2009
at 20:50
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"Before we sleep there is something we wish to speak to you of."  Azara says putting the finishing touches on a well banked fire, so that it will hide the light from being observed.

"We need to inform you of exactly who and what were are.  Though you may have some ideas, we felt it would be best if you knew ua and are abilities, as then, in a fight, you would know best how to act by know what we are capable of."

"Darek and Melina and I are channelers. Melina and Raiel are Aiel. I have training with sword and bow and have used both in battles as wer have traveled about."

Azara looks to Darek to speak next.
Xander Bakura
 player, 66 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 26 May 2009
at 21:01
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"It was obvious Azara, that you could channel. I saw it across the battlefield. The carnage you wove. As for Melina, I picked up on it. Her maneurisms, her stance. The way she walked and spoke..."Xander looks to Azara."Very little gets by me unnoticed. And what does get by-deserves to get by."He glances quickly towards Darek."If you turn upon us, or turn to the Dark, I /will/ cut you down. Any of you turn, I will do the same without a moments pause. That is my life...to hold back the evil. I wish for it not to occur. Bloodshed has been my life. I speak not a threat, but a promise. A promise made long ago. If I turn, I expect you all to do the same to me, as I would do to you."The axe gets hoisted onto his shoulder."The Dragon must be found and protected. I trust very few. Either of you wish to train with me, I will teach what I know."He moves to go by Azara, pausing for a moment to let his own eyes meet hers for some reason before moving to a tree and leaning against it, back to it. He flexes a little under his cloak, and appears larger then he once did as he is upright now.
Darek Halchov
 player, 721 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 26 May 2009
at 21:07
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek nods. He was glad he had not misjudged. "If you can not be healed, you will be stopped, as I would have you do to me. The Dragon must reach the Final Battle, and I intend to be fighting beside him."

With that bit settled, Darek moves over to begin cooking dinner. He explains to anyone listending what he is putting in, and why he uses the spices he does. Quite the good cook, Darek guesses there are spices and dishes the Aiel are not familiar with. Like any good cook he is open to suggestions for dinner as well.
Azara
 player, 595 posts
Tue 26 May 2009
at 21:43
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara hangs over Darek's shoulders, sniffing the pot and watching the herbs and spices he adds.  She will reach down and sample a dash of each spice or herb he puts in and ask why he chose them.   "I might as well learn to cook," she comments.
Xander Bakura
 player, 67 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 26 May 2009
at 22:03
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander goes silent, remaining there leaning against the tree with his axe in his right hand, blade against the ground. He looks around often.
Darek Halchov
 player, 722 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 26 May 2009
at 22:45
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"It can be relaxing. It also helps to know what the various herbs and spices add, flavor wise, to tell if something is poisoned or bad."

Darek couldn't tell poisons apart, but any good cook can tell what is in a dish, and if something unusual is in it.
Rai'el
 player, 546 posts
Tue 26 May 2009
at 23:10
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
I will take middle watch  Melina and Azara can rest the whole night.

Raiel pips up.  I will go set some snare and see if we can catch anything to fill the pot.
Melina
 player, 421 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Tue 26 May 2009
at 23:14
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Melina looks over to wards Raiel.  "Thank you Raiel, but I will take my own watch.  You have run on foot all day and need rest as well.  I will rest as soon as I have eaten. Wake me at the end of your watch raiel and don't fforget or I will wrap you un in weaves of air like a babe in swaddling clothes."
Xander Bakura
 player, 68 posts
 Golden Eyes
Wed 27 May 2009
at 03:56
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander goes to his horse and pulls out some dry rations and water. He begins to slowly eat, moving back to the tree and leaning his back against it while still standing."I will take first watch. Once everyone has eaten, you all should get some rest. I'll awake Rai'el for the second watch. Perhaps Darek and Melina can be for the third. Azara if she wishes can watch with me. Three should do it."The man glances at the others as he continues to drink from his water skin and munch at the rations.
Rai'el
 player, 547 posts
Wed 27 May 2009
at 04:48
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel walks up with a bowl of the savory stew that Darek makes so well.  She bent over to sniff at his dry rations.

"Save that for when there are lean times.  There is enough for all.  It is better to eat what is fresh when we have it thatn what will keep for when we cannot make a kill."  Raiel offers him the bowl."

When Xander looks into her eyes that are golden like a great hawk's, gold with dark rings on the edges of the iris.

She turns to Melina I will return after I scout out the surroundings and lay a few snares on the game trails.

Raiel goes out for about an hour after rubbing herself off with some pungent leaves she fashions sever small game traps mostly noose traps.

As she steps from the light of the campfire her clothes help her to blend into the surroundings and after several steps into the deeping shadows she disappears or appears to.
Darek Halchov
 player, 723 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Wed 27 May 2009
at 05:08
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
With dinner finished, and little left in the pot after everyone has eaten, Dareks asks Xander, "would your friend like what is left? It has cooled enough to not burn her tongue, and will go to waste if someone doesn't eat it."

If anything remains in the pot afterward, or if Xander or his wolf friend don't finish it, Darek dumps it under a tree some distance from the camp, where the scavengers can get it.

He then cleans up and stows the cooking gear.
Xander Bakura
 player, 70 posts
 Golden Eyes
Wed 27 May 2009
at 13:27
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The man shrugs and looks over at Rai'el as she moves off to set the traps. He goes to follow her and then stops. Xander moves to where Darek is sitting and kneels down, grabbing a bowl and putting some food in it after wrapping up the remnants. He lets out a bit of a odd whistle and closes his eyes for a moment."My friend comes and goes as she pleases. She is still young, and has much to learn from this world. As for the Aiel..."He sniffs a few times."...She needs to learn how to hide better."Its hard to tell if he really knows where she is or not and he makes no gesture towards any direction."It is good."After a few minutes, the food is finished off in the bowl and Xander stands back up, moving back to the tree with his axe over his shoulder again though he looks around often, eyes stopping on Azara longer then the others.
Azara
 player, 597 posts
Wed 27 May 2009
at 23:50
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"Fine, I take the morning watch with you."  she looks off to where Raiel disappeared.  "I wish I had grown up with my mother's people, then I would have skills like Raiel."

She cleans her bowl with sand and puts it away and then sets up her bed roll. She sets her back to the fire and her face outwards. She lays her sword and bow arrows out in front of her and the goes to sleep. She my not had been trained in the Aiel way but she followed their habits.

One day, she hoped, that she could go to the lands of her Mother's people.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:35, Thu 28 May 2009.

Xander Bakura
 player, 73 posts
 Golden Eyes
Thu 28 May 2009
at 00:04
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
OOC: Xander's on first watch, then Raiel, and then Melina/Darek, Az :)

The man grows very quiet, leaning against the tree. He rests the axe again at his side, blade on the ground and hand on the hilt. Xander removes his bow and rests it at his left side with his quiver as he looks around rather often beneath his hood. Watching. Waiting.
Johanfk
 GM, 92 posts
Thu 28 May 2009
at 16:29
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The night passes silently and with no interruptions. You awakes long before the sun comes over the horizon, your northern location causing the day to be much shorter than normal this time of the year. You eat your breakfast and sun breaks showing you another bright and fine day.

[Private to Xander Bakura: The wolves are around, keeping close. You get impression from them as they move around making sure no creature of the dark one are around.]
Darek Halchov
 player, 724 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 28 May 2009
at 16:32
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
With breakfast done and everything packed back up, Darek says, "Lets get going. The sooner we get there, the sooner we can find a riverboat to take us South."
Xander Bakura
 player, 74 posts
 Golden Eyes
Thu 28 May 2009
at 16:38
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Coming out of the woods, Xander looks to Darek and nods. Perhaps the man was out scouting, its hard to tell though he seems distracted. He puts his belongings onto his horse and climbs onto its back, gripping the reins tightly in his left hand and he moves to take the lead, waiting for the others to mount their horses as well.

[private to Johanfk: Calling out to the pup to come to me.]
Darek Halchov
 player, 725 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 28 May 2009
at 16:42
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek will take up the rear to guard the women so they have the extra time to react to an attack.
Rai'el
 player, 548 posts
Thu 28 May 2009
at 19:28
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel moves to the front as was her usual habit of doing so when traveling.  She moved up to the side down to the back and then up the other side back to the front.  Far Dareis MAi were the scouts of the Aiel.  She kept alert for any possible problems and would warn the others before they came upon whatever it was.  Her pace was swift and seemingly tireless.
Xander Bakura
 player, 75 posts
 Golden Eyes
Thu 28 May 2009
at 19:47
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The wolfbrother watches Rai'el with some curiousity as he rides, keeping ahead of the others and watching for perhaps tracks and dangers. He simply shrugs and shakes his head as the party ventures towards Maradon, remaining very quiet. Occasionally, Xander gently pats the neck of the horse and looks around often as if unnerved.
Azara
 player, 598 posts
Thu 28 May 2009
at 20:50
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara quickly and efficiently packs in the morning, passes out some cheese and bread with honey for breakfast, grooms her hose, very pleased now that Melina and learned to care for Sunny herself, though Darek was there to help her, often as not.

At one point in the morning ride, Azara lets Flame have his head and they ran ahead of the group, but not out of sight, picking a open area of land where nothing could spring up from hiding at her. Then she waited for the others to catch up.

"You know we can move faster than a walk." she told the others.  The earlier we reach Maradon the faster we can find a boat."
Darek Halchov
 player, 726 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 28 May 2009
at 21:02
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek raised on eyebrow and turned his eyes toward Xander. "Not everyone is as comfortable on a horse and I know not how long Ra'iel could keep pace with them."

He was more concerned that Xander or Melina would get hurt, or feel they needed to risk their necks to keep up if they picked up the pace too much.
Xander Bakura
 player, 77 posts
 Golden Eyes
Thu 28 May 2009
at 21:07
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I am fine on a horse though I prefer to walk. The Aiel disturbs me. I have met very few and by going ahead such a distance can prove to be bad if one is unsure of the land. I have ventured into the Blight and we are relatively close to it. She would be wise to walk besides us, not so far ahead."Xander looks over to Darek and shrug, a wry grin forming on his face below his hooded visage. He looks back at the others to make sure they are fairing alright.
Darek Halchov
 player, 727 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 28 May 2009
at 21:43
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek smiles at Xander, then turns to Melina. "I don't want you risking yourself, but the sooner we get to town, the sooner we get a boat."

The look on Darek's face shows he is serious about only going faster if Melina is comfortable with it.
Melina
 player, 422 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Fri 29 May 2009
at 01:06
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Your wolf Friends find her curious?  I wonder why.  She is Far Dareis Mai and shas been a scout for many years  having earned her spears and entrance to the Far Dareis Mai Society at an early age. Raiel does not look for trouble but seeks to avoid it.  She has protected me through the Blight and across all of the Wetlands.  If you feel you know better about these lands then speak to her directly.  She checks in frequently even if you do not notice her."  Melina remarks quietly to Xander.  Horses though fast for a while, must be slowed and rested or they die of exhaustion, She can can cover that same ground at a steay pace and more of needed.

Melina hears the call of a meadow lark twice and then a short pause and once again.

"The way is clear ahead," Melina states with a slight smile.
Darek Halchov
 player, 729 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 29 May 2009
at 01:09
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek took that as Melina's agreement that they would both be fine with moving faster and nodded for Azara to pick up the pace.
Azara
 player, 599 posts
Fri 29 May 2009
at 02:10
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara set a pattern of trot, canter, walk, knowing from the experience of her father, a colonel in the Andorian Cavalry, and from her riding instructor that these three gaits in the pattern of trot, canter, and walk was easiest on a horse as the three used different conbinations of muscles. There are time she jumps off Flame and moves along side of him not mounting until it is time to trot.
Darek Halchov
 player, 730 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 29 May 2009
at 02:17
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek follows Azara's lead.
Xander Bakura
 player, 79 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 29 May 2009
at 04:14
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander looks at Melina."I find her curious. She does indeed move quickly and like a cat. But something about her bothers me. I am unsure what. Yet if you trust her, so be it. I know Aiel are not to be looked down on, nor would I wish to dance with one. I respect the Aiel and their ways. In some aspects, we are the same." The man shrugs. He tilts his head as if listening and just nods, seeming rather distracted. He rides up ahead a good distance for a bit, seeming to be scouting and then drops back to ride next to Azara but doesn't look at her, perhaps just allowing Rai'el to do her thing while he scans the horizon. He looks a bit disturbed, perhaps not used to being around others.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:09, Fri 29 May 2009.

Azara
 player, 600 posts
Fri 29 May 2009
at 19:00
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara says little, respecting the big man need for solitude.  She had heard what he had said to Melins and guessed that he might not realize Melina was Aiel too.

After a bit she felt him less preoccupied and broke the silence.

"Melina is Aiel and the near sister of Raiel." she started right off, knowing that Xandar was the type of man who want things given in a straight forward manner.  "She was a Far Dareis Mai, a Maiden of the Spear, but she had to give up the spears to be a Wise One when it was found she could channel."  She looks to Xandar, "That much I do know.  Raiel has kept us safe from all manner of trouble, from Trollocs to White Cloaks, Darkfriends and Shadowspawn.  We have travelled from from southern lands to here and from the Camelyn to Tanchico."

As far as their trip south Azara foresaw little reason to alter Xandar usual self, but should the need arise, and they had to play noble and rtetinue, Xandar would need different attire.

"There is one thing we might ask you to do and it will be in reguards to your clothes."
Darek Halchov
 player, 731 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 29 May 2009
at 19:21
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek smiled, easily following Azara's train of thought. The man had bathed and changed, now she was going to ask him to put on fancy new cloths.

Darek interrupted, good naturedly, "We have found it useful to be Azara's escort, guards, and such while traveling. I've not minded, since I enjoy cooking, and also have time to practice swordwork with others while hearing the local news."

"We've all had to wear new cloths. They have been much nicer, and custom tailored. We've also purchased some better weapons and armor, so it hasn't been too bad," Darek says with a chuckle, clearly joking.

"So, how about it? If we have time before the ship sales we'll find you some new gear and cloths?"


Darek hoped the request would be taken better from him than the woman who'd insisted Xander bath.
Xander Bakura
 player, 80 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 29 May 2009
at 21:24
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Very little gets by me, Azara. I can tell of Melina's origins. It is relatively simple. I do not insult Rai'el, I am just not used to travelling with Aiel. Nor perhaps fighting side by side with them if the need would arise and I bet it shall. She did well to keep you all safe."Xander's golden gaze stops on Azara as they ride along side by side."If I /must/ change my clothing for some reason, I shall. But I will not part with the axe."His eyes narrow somewhat, looking over to Darek."The gear I have now has suited me fine in my travels."
Darek Halchov
 player, 732 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 29 May 2009
at 21:36
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"You are welcome to keep your axe. I imagine they are quite good against trollocs and the like."

Darek didn't have the strength to effectively wield an axe, but he knew someone Xander's size was likely quite devastating with a good swing behind the blade.
Azara
 player, 601 posts
Fri 29 May 2009
at 22:54
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"I would ask no one to give up their choice of weapon,  Believe me when I say that I dislike it when I have to put off my sword to take up the role a a young noble.  Will I am young, but not like my cousins and other simpering misses that frequented the house."

"I will just have to come up with a plausible story for you having it.  And I am good at storytelling."
Xander Bakura
 player, 81 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 29 May 2009
at 23:06
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Your bodyguard me lady..."Xander bows ever so lightly. Some may think he is even mocking her but it is hard to tell. His eyes stay focused on the horizon as they ride together."A noble, and one who wields the One Power. Little surprises me, but what I have heard and seen the past day or so-has. I do not like surprises, unless I am the one providing them. If I am expected to treat every noble we meet with dignity and respect..."He tilts his head and looks over to Azara."It will not happen. Ever. Very few of them know of a hard days work, nor how it feels to live in the wilderness. To actually work for what you need to survive. To hunt and forage for food. To get ones hands actually dirty..."He shakes his head."Nobles should be looking up to ones who work, not the other way around."His tone is serious, deep and almost a growl.
Darek Halchov
 player, 733 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sat 30 May 2009
at 00:13
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Mikael stops occasionally, saying to the others, "I'll catch up." He quickly picks the loveliest and most unique flowers he can find, carefully lays them just inside the top of his saddle bag, and rides to catch with the others.
Azara
 player, 602 posts
Sat 30 May 2009
at 03:11
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"You can look dour and down you nose at everyone, noble and commoner alike.  I will not ask any more than that.  As my bodyguard it would not be out of place to scowl at evereybody and watch them like a hawk, or wolf."
Xander Bakura
 player, 82 posts
 Golden Eyes
Sat 30 May 2009
at 03:16
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I will look up at someone if they are worth looking up to. I have no reason to treat you as nothing more then a equal, nor anyone else I am travelling with. Most of the nobles I have encountered look down on everyone. That is uncalled for."Xander looks over to Azara, adjusting his hood as to let her look into his golden eyes."I do not scowl. I simply say little unless I have something to say, good or bad. I get things off my chest-very bluntly. Like the fact something draws me towards you. And yet pulls me afar at the same time."His tone is serious and rather deep but quiet to try and not let anyone else hear. He then turns away quickly and rides up ahead without another word.

[private to Johanfk: I'll try and call out telepathically to the wolves, see if they sense or see anything/hear anything and see if the wolf travelling with me will come to my side.]
Azara
 player, 603 posts
Sat 30 May 2009
at 03:52
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Oh, that went well, though Azara as Xander rode off. With such a negative statement about nobles she was sure he had something against the class in general.

No, he did not scowl, maybe it was the wrong word, but his face was so stony, so unereadable that it was hard to give it a name. Most looking at him would assume a dour nature. Well, he quickly pointed out that he was not that way.

So what way was he?

The man was an enigma.
Xander Bakura
 player, 83 posts
 Golden Eyes
Mon 1 Jun 2009
at 00:30
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander continues to ride ahead of the group, though keeps them within eyesight. He stops once in awhile to allow them to catch up, and at times circles around in a decent sized arc to check the surrounding areas and comes up from behind the party. He stays quiet.
Johanfk
 GM, 96 posts
Mon 1 Jun 2009
at 14:20
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
OOC: Spot DC 15 will detect a handful wolves that run north of the road (20 yards away) inside partially hidden by the trees there.

[Private to Xander Bakura: The pup returns from the south. Coming from north east is a pack containing five wolves which fall in just a few meters beside the road you are travelling.

Other than that the area is clear. No hostiles.
]
Xander Bakura
 player, 85 posts
 Golden Eyes
Mon 1 Jun 2009
at 14:30
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander waits for a moment for the white wolf pup to draw closer to him as he rides. The wolf emerges from the south and moves towards the man and he simply nods. He holds one hand out as he rides ahead and motions for everyone to slow their pace for a moment then motions for them to continue, eyes stopping on one spot up ahead on a area of trees.

[private to Johanfk: Spot check made-29. How many wolves approximately? Five or so? Do they see something besides us?]
Darek Halchov
 player, 734 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Mon 1 Jun 2009
at 15:25
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek stops when Xander motions for them to hold up, then continues.
Azara
 player, 604 posts
Mon 1 Jun 2009
at 16:44
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara opens to the One Power to enhance her senses and looks off where Xander is looking.  09:42, Today: Azara rolled 23 using 1d20+6. Spot.
Rai'el
 player, 549 posts
Tue 2 Jun 2009
at 01:59
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
[Private to GM:
18:39, Today: Raiel rolled 18 using 1d20+11. Spot.
]

Raiel was on one of her long sweeps when she caught sight of someone or something in a copse of trees near the road the group traveled on and coming this direction into what could be a trap.  She would count it as a trap and that way be ready.   She sent of a call of the thorn bird who is the scout bird of the desert, crying out it particular trilling cry that carries a long way.  Melina would know it as a warning of danger ahead, but it is not known yet what the danger was.  If she gets a clear sight of they she will give the cry of the desert hawk who sharp eyes see all.

Raiel moves into a deep crouched and if needed goes on her belly through the grasses and brush  She comes at them from down wind or if that is not possible from then she will move as much as possible into their backs.  She had enough time to get into position and be ready to dance spears.

Raiel tucks in her veil over her face, puts her best spear in her right hand and the others facing back and forward in herself.and checks her buckler.  She is ready to Dance the Spears.

Second spot plus Listen for clear view on occupants of copse of trees  and what she hears.

[Private to GM: 19:01, Today: Raiel rolled 26 using 1d20+11. Spot 2. 19:02, Today: Raiel rolled 23 using 1d20+8. Listen.]

This message was last edited by the player at 04:45, Tue 02 June 2009.

Melina
 player, 423 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Tue 2 Jun 2009
at 02:25
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
[Private to GM: 18:41, Today: Melina rolled 18 using 1d20. Spot.]

Melina straighten when the trilling call of the thorn birds was heard in the wetlands.   She waited for more but apparently Raiel was not sure who or what ws out there.  Melinda focus even more carefully on her surrounding on possible  hiding places.  The grass ov course if one lay low enough.  The bushes but they got in the way when you tried to move through them.  She finally spotted the copse of trees not that far off and her eyes caught sight of some movement but she could not definitely who or what it/they might be.

"There is something in that copse of Trees off to the side of the road.  Who or what it is, Raiel does not know yet but she is moving in to find out." Melina tells the others. She then watches the meeting and greeting of Xander and a wold pup.

What was a would pup doing out here alone.  Surely it ran with a pack and that pack may be near.  Perhaps with Xander's companionship with the she wolf they may have allies. if this became a fight.
Xander Bakura
 player, 87 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 2 Jun 2009
at 02:31
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Wolves."Xander rides up ahead after looking over at Melina towards the trees, the wolf pup running along side of him as he gallops. To be on the safe side, the man draws his hafted axe with one hand, and grips the reins with the other.

OOC Sorry. Same wolf. Its a younger wolf as in young adult.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:43, Tue 02 June 2009.

Darek Halchov
 player, 735 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 2 Jun 2009
at 02:36
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Is this a wold pup, and not the wolf that has been traveling with you?
Melina
 player, 425 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Tue 2 Jun 2009
at 02:45
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Ah, Friends of yours? Melina asks straightforward as was her way."

Melina turned in her saddle facing out from the copse of trees into the grasses downwind.  She made the call of the Puffer bird.  a big bodied desert bird that puffed up his feather and stamped his feet and opens and closes it wings as he displays himself to a prospective female.  Just the bird to use to indicate a possible non-hostal situation.

However knowing Raiel as well as Melina did, Raiel would not stop until she knew what ws in that copse of trees and Melina knew no call that would communicate that idea.

"Why don't you lead the way over to your friends we will follow your lead in this matter.  Raiel will see us approaching open faced without weapons.  She will take note of this I am sure.
Xander Bakura
 player, 88 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 2 Jun 2009
at 14:37
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The wolfbrother rides up ahead, his axe still in his right hand and the reins in the left. He whistles a tune, and places the axe onto his back while riding.
Johanfk
 GM, 99 posts
Wed 3 Jun 2009
at 18:30
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
At first a pack of five wolves comes up from hiding about 20 yards away from you to the north. They look at Xander and the rest of you but doesn't move.

[Private to Xander Bakura: You get an impression from them that they don't trust the others.]
[Private to Rai'el: What you see are wolves that, by the look of it, is keeping watch over you. As you lay there keeping an eye out on them Xander whistle and they come out of hiding. They doesn't seem to have noticed you yet.]
Darek Halchov
 player, 736 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Wed 3 Jun 2009
at 18:34
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek slows Kiserai, not wanting the horse spooked, and never having seen a pack of wolves up so close. He remembered tales of wolves hot and run tactics, and looks to the other side of the road for other wolves.
Rai'el
 player, 550 posts
Wed 3 Jun 2009
at 19:42
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel moved close enough to finally see wolves in the copse of trees,  When the others ride forward with Xander, the wolf friend leading the way, she continues to watch.  Darek and Melina are behind him and Azara is off a bit to their side.

She eyes the wolves They eye her until Xander whistles and a group of five move to go to him.

[Private to GM: I need some clarification who is the they referring to in this sentence, "They doesn't seem to have noticed you yet." They, the wolves haven't seen me yet or they, my friends haven't seen me yet?  Were the wolves watching me or the group watching me or the group?  Are there only five wolves in the copse? ]
Xander Bakura
 player, 91 posts
 Golden Eyes
Wed 3 Jun 2009
at 19:53
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander whistles loudly and raises his right hand up. He glances at the others."Back off. Move away from the wolves now."His voices comes out as deep and gruff, rather intimidating and very serious as he barks out the order. Rather literally towards the others. He presses forwards and then slips from his horse. The man bends down slightly and moves directly towards the wolfpack, his eyes seemingly locked on them as he works to pick out the head wolf, to stare it down perhaps."I know you are close perhaps Rai'el. I suggest you move away and back towards the others. Now."The young white wolf with the borderlander stops a few feet away from him, watching the pack as well.

[private to Johanfk: I'll try and ease the tension of the wolves and to see if there are other wolves nearbye-and try to figure out why they don't trust the others.]
Azara
 player, 606 posts
Wed 3 Jun 2009
at 21:24
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara holds Flame in check, she sits tall and proud in the ssaddle and shows not fear of the wolves as they approach Xander.
Rai'el
 player, 551 posts
Thu 4 Jun 2009
at 00:41
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel can clearly hear Xander's words and though she does not move forward neither does she move away.
Darek Halchov
 player, 737 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 4 Jun 2009
at 03:12
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek doesn't move Kiserai any closer. He embraces saidin, in case he needs to weave a shield, or hardened air to keep the wolves from attacking.
Johanfk
 GM, 102 posts
Thu 4 Jun 2009
at 15:16
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
PM to some people

[Private to Xander Bakura: The reason is that all around are humans. Their view on Xander is different as they see him more as a wolf than a human. From the images you have received humans has been hunting the wolves in the area for very many generations.]
[Private to Rai'el: I meant the wolves... the wolves hasn't detected her yet... ]
Xander Bakura
 player, 95 posts
 Golden Eyes
Thu 4 Jun 2009
at 15:30
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Come out of hiding, Rai'el."Xander barks out rather loudly. He definatly doesn't seem very happy about something. The man kneels down as he gets to the pack of wolves and rests his axe right next to him to be grabbed easily if needbe. He motions for the head of the pack to come over to him, growling and grunting once in awhile and goes to scratch the wolf's ears if allowed."Everyone go on ahead. I will catch up later."The man barks out again rather gruffly. Something definatly has him disturbed and angered, and he's not hiding the fact his body is tensed up like a snake ready to strike. Or a animal ready to bolt.

[private to Johanfk: Well the wolves will definatly sense anger and aggrivation from Xander though gonna try and calm the pack down and relax them somewhat. Obviously Xander doesn't like the fact of wolves being hunted-as he views himself as being more of a wolf then a human.]
Darek Halchov
 player, 738 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 4 Jun 2009
at 20:51
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Has there been some trouble with the pack?" Darek had though perhaps the pack was here because to Xander, but that didn't seem to be the case.

"Anything we can help with?" Darek asked. The pack seemed important to Xander and they were comrades at the moment.
Rai'el
 player, 552 posts
Thu 4 Jun 2009
at 23:34
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel is quite sure that the wolves have not sense her thus far as not one of them has focused on her position at all, being wolves if they new she was here there would be at least one watching her. So stayed put, not because there was any reason to now. but it was a matter of pride.  She had snuck up on them and Xander wishes in this matter were not hers. Her skills were a mater of pride with her.  Something she would be able to share with other Far Dareis Mai around the fire. or the seat tent.  That would be only when she got home.  A pang of longing hit her at how long she had been away form any other Aiel and her Spear Sisters.  She would give almost anything to be able to gather in the Maidens tent drink and share stories of battles and adventures.

Raiel was like  a living statue ready to spring into action but now quiescent.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:18, Fri 05 June 2009.

Melina
 player, 426 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Thu 4 Jun 2009
at 23:39
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Melina kept watch but said nothing until Xander ordered Raile to  stand up,  NOt as if that would make Raiel do anything she didn't want to.

She was about to explain that to Xander but she decided not interfere at this time.  He would learn.  One didn't force Raiel to do anything, coax, yes, cajole yes,maybe even trick once or twicem  but not order unless you were her Clan Chief, Sept leader, Wise One, or Far Dareis Mai elder.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:21, Fri 05 June 2009.

Azara
 player, 607 posts
Fri 5 Jun 2009
at 00:56
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara hide a smile, Xander would have to learn about them as much as he would have to learn about them.

It was going to be a very interesting trip south.
Xander Bakura
 player, 96 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 5 Jun 2009
at 03:52
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander continues to try and calm the wolves, paying more attention to the one whom seems to lead them. He goes to gently rub their muzzles, moving around from one wolf to the other, paying each attention in detail and even gets down on their level occasionally perhaps to see things in a new perspective. Many would probably view this as odd and with the others watching it seems to bother the man, as he glances at them occasionally but he keeps doing it. Finally he stands up fully, the white wolf travelling with him looking about the area inquisitively as he does as such. Not a single word is spoken from the wolfbrother.
Darek Halchov
 player, 739 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 5 Jun 2009
at 13:21
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek waits for a reply, but none comes. He sits silently, not wanting to disturb the man. He looks away, scanning the horizion for signs of danger, be they Trollocs, fire, or dark friends. He even turns Kiserai so that he is about a quarter facing away from the wolves.

He turns back when he sees Xander stand out the corner of his eye. He has an inquisitive look on his face, but says nothing. If it affected them, or Xander wished to share, he would.
Johanfk
 GM, 104 posts
Sat 6 Jun 2009
at 08:15
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The wolves walked up to Xander acting more or less as domestic dogs. They seemed to ignore the others now as Xander was standing more or less alone but kept those around under watch.
Darek Halchov
 player, 740 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sat 6 Jun 2009
at 13:35
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek simply waits until Xander is ready to move on to the town and riverboats.
Xander Bakura
 player, 98 posts
 Golden Eyes
Sun 7 Jun 2009
at 00:50
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander looks down at each one of the wolfpack. Each in turn, he moves to and scratches behind their ears, and leans down to mutter something. And every time he does as such, he nods and looks at the others nearbye, eyes narrowed. The sun catches his golden eyes, reflecting eerily off of the orbs. He leaves the alpha of the pack for last, rubs him under the chin and not behind the ears and seems to bark at him before turning back to his horse. He mounts it, the white wolf trailing in behind him as he heads back towards the rest of the party, not looking particularily happy. He makes sure his axe is firmly placed in the sheath on his back as he rides towards Darek and the others.

[private to Johanfk: Mentally asking the wolves to stick to the forested areas mainly and to stay out of sight, but watch for anything out of the ordinary-especially the Black Ajah and Shadowspawn-and not to attack.]
Azara
 player, 608 posts
Sun 7 Jun 2009
at 01:35
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"From your look," says Azara, "I would say that you did not hear good news."

Then she just waits for the Wolf Brother to speak.
Xander Bakura
 player, 99 posts
 Golden Eyes
Sun 7 Jun 2009
at 01:43
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The man rides up next to Azara and whispers something to her. His attention stays on her for quite some time then shifts back to the wolves to see if they have left, though the white wolf remains ever vigilant by his side as he rides. The grim look doesn't fade from Xander's face, not even slightly. He looks almost as if in pain.

[private to Azara: "The wolves are my eyes, my flesh and my blood. My friends, allies and my family." Xander pulls up next to Azara, the look on his face grim and even angered. He watches Azara, eyes narrowed on the women."Many have hunted them in the area, and if I see a wolf harmed-I will do everything in my power to put a stop to it. They are afraid at times, but I have attempted to put them at ease, and asked them to do what needs to be done. If they are hurt-I will know. Hunted? I will feel it. And as they help me, I shall aid them before anything else." His hands grip the reins tightly."We have a witch to hunt and to bring to justice. Once this is done, I most likely will rejoin the pack. We have much to do." His voice is confident and deep, and very serious. "I will know if they feel or hear anything."]
Azara
 player, 609 posts
Sun 7 Jun 2009
at 02:03
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"Your family, is a faithful as you are," she says seriously. "I understand this.  Considering that the Dark One struggles to be free, there is every reason that the wolves find the times and this location, so close to where the Dark One is imprisoned, dangerous and troubling.

"By thwarting the designs of the Dark One we fight him. So we hunt the Black Sister. Anything I can do to help you I will.  But honor holds me to complete this hunt.

Honor, a thing touted by her family, had only been a word, but now....  Maybe she was of the Blood of Manetherin.  When King, Queen, and country sacrified themselves to save others. She felt strongly about seeing the hunt through and Belyn stopped. It was not for her, but for everyone. It did not matter that she, Darek, Melina ,Raiel and now Xander were unknowns in the fight against the Dark One, in some ways it was safer.  One of the reasons they had to put down Belyn as quickly as possible.
Xander Bakura
 player, 100 posts
 Golden Eyes
Sun 7 Jun 2009
at 02:09
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Strangely, Xander watches Azara. His hand goes to gently take hers, giving it a squeeze before he turns to ride up ahead. He simply says one thing and one thing along before dropping back into silence."They are my life, though my purpose I do not know fully but to hunt the Shadow and defeat them at any cost-even at my own life. Someday I will fade-but until then, I will fight until I take my last breath."The grim look on his face never faulters, always so serious. The white wolf looks at Azara and to the others  for a moment then runs up to be by the wolfbrothers side again.
Rai'el
 player, 553 posts
Sun 7 Jun 2009
at 02:22
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
When Xander returns to the group riding up to Azara to speak to her.  Raiel stands up not 20 yards for the wolves as they move off.  She turns to rejoin the group, without a word.

To Melina she signs, <<There were only those five wolves.>>
and moves off again to act as scout.
Darek Halchov
 player, 741 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sun 7 Jun 2009
at 02:57
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
With what appeared goodbyes and orders not to follow, Darek led the way towards the city for a while.
Azara
 player, 610 posts
Sun 7 Jun 2009
at 05:19
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"Thank you, Xander," she replies with a nod.  Here was a man of honor and she respected him for that. "Did the pack tell you if the way was clear to the town?"
Xander Bakura
 player, 101 posts
 Golden Eyes
Sun 7 Jun 2009
at 19:02
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Not yet. I assume it is as they seemed simply afraid of everyone except me. And ones that act like they are /hunting/ them..."Xander looks towards Rai'el, grumbles a bit and continues riding ahead, as perhaps to want to be alone and to scout,  his horse picking up a stronger and quicker pace.
Rai'el
 player, 554 posts
Mon 8 Jun 2009
at 04:59
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel could not let that remark pass.  "They did not know I was there until I stood up."  She says and then sets off at a jog to the front.
Xander Bakura
 player, 103 posts
 Golden Eyes
Mon 8 Jun 2009
at 05:05
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Assumptions can get you killed."Xander speaks out as he rides ahead. He looks back at the others occasionally to see how they are fairing."Wolves know much more then they let on."His left hand grips the reins more tightly, his right resting on his leg and he never seems to let his guard down-not even for a slight moment. The man looks around often, like some curious animal and seems tense.
Rai'el
 player, 555 posts
Mon 8 Jun 2009
at 07:37
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel laugh drifts back on the wind as she jogs on, back to the business of scouting.
Johanfk
 GM, 106 posts
Mon 8 Jun 2009
at 14:15
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
You moved quickly through the landscape and before evening you could see the city of Maradon in the distance. In little over an hour you will be there.
Xander Bakura
 player, 104 posts
 Golden Eyes
Mon 8 Jun 2009
at 14:29
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander keeps riding, picking up a faster pace and doesn't seem happy at all. If anything-angered.
Darek Halchov
 player, 742 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Mon 8 Jun 2009
at 16:03
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Mikael picks up his pace as well, wishing to be within the city, and book passage as quickly as possible. There was the task of finding Xander another set or two of cloths in finer fabrics.

As they near the city, Mikael says, "Riverboat, lodging, clothing should be the priorities." He looks to the others for their input.
Xander Bakura
 player, 105 posts
 Golden Eyes
Mon 8 Jun 2009
at 16:09
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander says nothing as Darek mentions what is needed. His face turns to stone-emotionless and hard. The man just nods to him.
Darek Halchov
 player, 743 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Mon 8 Jun 2009
at 16:13
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
darek looks to the she-wolf. "And a nice fresh leg of lamb?" Darek is asking the wolf, half expecting her to answer, hlf expecting Xander to answer for her. he imagined that, like most animals, wolves needed some greens as well but that their diet is mainly meat. His dad had once said they preferred to hunt their own, but in lean times, they would eat carrion to survive.
Xander Bakura
 player, 106 posts
 Golden Eyes
Mon 8 Jun 2009
at 16:17
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The wolf looks at Darek suspiciously and cocks her head to the side, growling a little. Xander stops and rubs her behind the ears without taking his eyes off of Darek."I'll make sure she gets fed."He mutters, eyes narrowed. The man doesn't look very happy but its hard to tell what has gotten him aggrivated."Sooner we get the supplies needed, the sooner we can stop the witch."He shakes his head and looks towards the capital.
Darek Halchov
 player, 744 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Mon 8 Jun 2009
at 16:26
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Mikael heads towards the docks where they'd come in only a couple days before.
Xander Bakura
 player, 107 posts
 Golden Eyes
Mon 8 Jun 2009
at 16:32
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander follows after Darek, pulling up his hood more to hide his face while the wolf trails in behind him.
Johanfk
 GM, 108 posts
Tue 9 Jun 2009
at 18:02
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Entering the town you scuffed through the lines of people that was going in the same direction as you did. The guards let you enter without as much as a comment and you soon find yourself down by the docks.

To what you can see there are not too many boats in harbour at the moment, clearly fewer then last time you where here at least.
Azara
 player, 611 posts
Tue 9 Jun 2009
at 18:13
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"Darek, you and Melina can look for a boat and I will take Xander to find some other outfits. Is there anything else you can thing of that we will need in the way of supplies, beside an extra bedroll?"

Azara is confident Darek will find the best boat available, and the faster the better.  She, in turn, heads out toward the center of town. As they ride Azara keeps her eyes and ears open, marketplaces were great for gathering news from.
Xander Bakura
 player, 108 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 9 Jun 2009
at 18:26
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander doesn't seem to object though he doesn't anything to anyone for quite some time. His face just looks like chiseled stone-serious and perhaps aggrivated about something. He rides up next to Azara and looks at Darek, and adjusts the large axe on his back somewhat. The man motions for the wolf to follow Darek, nodding slightly and whistling to her. She slowly goes towards the man but keeps her distance, perhaps fearful of him or just skittish of all the people around. The man looks around often, scanning the crowd for possible danger.

[private to Johanfk: Using the wolfspeech to try and keep tabs on all the wolves in the area.]
Darek Halchov
 player, 745 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 9 Jun 2009
at 22:22
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"If you find any nice fresh spices like I was showing you cooking, we could use some of those. Some fresh fruit or berries would be good. There may not be much choice of the food on the riverboats."

"Good hunting."


With that, darek turns to looks at the boats, looking to see if the one they came in on happens to be in port, or the one General Bashere mentioned. Mikael will goes to them first, if they are.
Rai'el
 player, 556 posts
Tue 9 Jun 2009
at 23:51
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel would have like to have gone out to see the city but Melina was her ans here she would stay.  beside she rally had no maney for anything other than what the Aes Sedai had given them when starting out.

That was a problem only when they were in a city where it was not sso easy to provide for herself and Melina, by hunting and foraging.
Azara
 player, 612 posts
Wed 10 Jun 2009
at 03:29
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Xander was a big man, she hoped that she could find some ready made things for him. if not she would buy material and make them hereself, one of his noble accomplishments, sewing, and when one is a minor sion of a Great House, she made much of her own clothes and had to retailor hand me downs.

She quick question townsfolk for where sha can find a seller of clothing, or a mercer (seller of materials).
Xander Bakura
 player, 109 posts
 Golden Eyes
Wed 10 Jun 2009
at 04:33
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander remains quiet but alert. His eyes go from one person to another as they wander the streets. If he knows where he is going, he does not show it, simply letting Azara guide him along. At times he places his hand to the axe handle on his back, perhaps to be just intimidating if anyone looking 'odd' gets close, perhaps to just get them to back down and he remains close to Azara.
Rai'el
 player, 557 posts
Thu 11 Jun 2009
at 21:29
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel turns towards the docks and leads the way for Darek and Melina still on horseback, clearing a path for them as she moved through the hustle and bustle.
Johanfk
 GM, 111 posts
Fri 12 Jun 2009
at 06:18
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Fewer people than you would think raises an eye brow over the wolf by Xander's side. Out here so close to the Blight people know the value of having one close and Xander finds that many soldiers meet his eyes with respect as he passes.

Down by the docks Azara finds a seamstress almost immediately, the shop looks big enough to be able to get things done quickly and maybe ever have clothes ready.

[Private to Xander Bakura: As you enter the city most impressions from the wolves outside is silenced. Wolves doesn't normally come that close to the capital.]
Xander Bakura
 player, 110 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 12 Jun 2009
at 18:06
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander continues to travel through the city with Azara, keeping a close watch on her and the current area. His eyes narrowed, the man keeps moving.

[private to Johanfk: The wolf is with Darek at the moment, and I'll keep tabs on the other wolves outside the city still.]

This message was last edited by the player at 18:32, Fri 12 June 2009.

Azara
 player, 613 posts
Fri 12 Jun 2009
at 18:21
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara spots a clothier and heads in that direction, she dismounts and waits for Xander. (not sure if he is still riding or walking.)  Most common clothes were made with drawstrings in the pants and shirts so that one size fit mostly all.

"Good Morning, My companion is in need of clothing, something in browns, deep green or gray in pants, tunics and a couple of shirts."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:36, Fri 12 June 2009.

Xander Bakura
 player, 111 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 12 Jun 2009
at 18:34
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
OOC I thought we were still riding (course makes more sense to be walking LOL)

Tilting his head, Xander adjusts his hood somewhat as if to try and keep his strange eyes from looking well strange and more hidden. He steps up next to Azara, letting the woman do the talking. His own clothes look rather rugged, worn but relatively clean but definatly that of someone who's been outdoors for a long time.
Azara
 player, 615 posts
Tue 16 Jun 2009
at 18:56
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara pulls out a few things and sees that they will do for now.  She select good strong cloth pants of brown as a moss green and of a size to fit Xander and a few shirts in colors to go with the pants, sticking to darker colors.  She was sure he did not want white shirts or brightly colored considering his occupation.

She finishes paying for the clothes and turns to Xander, "Is there anything else you might need?"  He might need under things, she was not sure if he wore then and if he did whether there were under pants or he used loincloths. She was a bit hesitant to mention it outright.
Rai'el
 player, 559 posts
Tue 16 Jun 2009
at 20:36
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel clears a way toward the docks for Melina and Darek on horseback. She does not know where she is heading except to the ships themselves tied to the docks. Anyone moving too slowly for her gets a golden-eyed stare and a movement of her spears thought nothing more than the shifting of them from left hand to right hand.
Xander Bakura
 player, 113 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 16 Jun 2009
at 20:57
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander tilts his head as Azara picks out some new clothing for him. The strange man nods in approval of the clothing and goes to take them from her, and place them in a bundle on one of the horses. He then moves rather close to her, his golden eyes very visible to the women and at the last moment possible turns his head to look over her shoulder."Paints."Definatly a odd request. The voice comes out this time in a rather quiet tone, almost soothing but the slight hint of a animal to it. Definatly very odd. He turns and looks around, sniffing ever so slightly while trying to blend in a bit.

DOCKS
The white wolf stays near Melina for the most part, though looks to Darek and the others occasionally. Little fear is visible to her, though young and unexperianced.
Azara
 player, 617 posts
Tue 16 Jun 2009
at 21:13
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"Paints?" The puzzled look on her face not sure if she heard him correctly.  What did paints have to do with clothes?
Xander Bakura
 player, 114 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 16 Jun 2009
at 21:24
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Face paints. Paints for marking areas. Tribal things..."Xander is definatly very odd. He looks to Azara and shrugs slightly.
Azara
 player, 618 posts
Tue 16 Jun 2009
at 21:53
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

She asks the clothier if her knows where they can find paints.

"You know you can make then from natural herbs and colored earths. I aunt complained about a painter who charged her extra to paint her in her favorite blue dress because he had to use ground lapiz lasuli to get the color right.  Cinnamon mixed with oil makes a fine rusty red."
Xander Bakura
 player, 115 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 16 Jun 2009
at 21:56
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The man watches Azara with a odd look on his face. He adjusts his hood somewhat, trying to hide his face better."I did not know."
Johanfk
 GM, 115 posts
Thu 18 Jun 2009
at 07:16
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The woman in the shop starts to fold the purchase not interfering with Xander or Azara's discussion.
Azara
 player, 619 posts
Thu 18 Jun 2009
at 17:11
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"Thank you," she says as the woman finishes her package of the clothes. "would you be able to tell us where we can find a purveyor of dye stuffs?"

If she gives directions or if Azara finds out from someone else, they will head there next an purchase what Xander needs to create the colors he wants.
Xander Bakura
 player, 116 posts
 Golden Eyes
Thu 18 Jun 2009
at 17:15
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander begins to pace a bit, perhaps out of habit or out of nervousness. Or whatever patience he has held in check is slipping away. The man looks around more often now, eyes narrowed under his hood.
Johanfk
 GM, 117 posts
Sun 21 Jun 2009
at 14:15
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The woman thinks for a moment before answering.

"A few actually, but it depends if you got plenty or few coins to pay for it..."
Xander Bakura
 player, 118 posts
 Golden Eyes
Sun 21 Jun 2009
at 15:51
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The man grumbles and shakes his head a few times. Xander mutters to himself and keeps looking around though stays relatively close to Azara.

DOCKS
The white wolf 'pup' trails close to Darek and looks around often as well, acting a bit skittish.
Azara
 player, 620 posts
Sun 21 Jun 2009
at 16:52
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Let's go with someone that goes for a few coins, I do not need exotic colors," she did not think Xander would want a blue or red face.  "Basic earthtones is what I need."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:56, Mon 22 June 2009.

Johanfk
 GM, 120 posts
Mon 22 Jun 2009
at 09:22
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Then visit Mother Fiora down the street third house to the right. She can help you with most things connected to such things." The woman replied.
Azara
 player, 621 posts
Mon 22 Jun 2009
at 19:45
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara heads there and quickly buys up some earthtone dyes.  A flash of an idea comes to her and they make one more stop an a mercer's shop to buy up some good serviceable taupe-gray cloth.  Then she will gather whatever food stuffs that Darek wanted, finished shopping as quickly as possible and return to the place where they had broken up and begins to look for the others.
Xander Bakura
 player, 119 posts
 Golden Eyes
Mon 22 Jun 2009
at 19:55
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander watches the area closely, eyes narrowed under his hood. He remains relatively quiet, glancing over at Azara upon occasion and staying pretty close to the women. Looks like's he gone all bodyguard.

DOCKS
The wolf just keeps moving along with Darek and the others, and acts still skittishly.
Darek Halchov
 player, 747 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Mon 22 Jun 2009
at 22:26
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
OK, with all the shopping and such, surely we have had time to find either the boat we came on, the boat General Bashere mentioned, or another boat. At the least finding no boats, we could ask when they are expected to return. :)
Johanfk
 GM, 123 posts
Tue 23 Jun 2009
at 17:37
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
OOC: Depends on which boat you are looking for. The general was quite precise about what you needed to do.
Melina
 player, 428 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Tue 23 Jun 2009
at 18:27
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
[Private to GM: We were waiting for some DM post about what we found at the docks.  WE had mentioned that we were headed there to find a ship, but ir seems we three on the docks are off in a vacuum with nothing going on about us.  We would have used are eyes first to look for the ships in questions if we could not find them that wasy then the next step is to ask. but we are stuck right now on "Can we see/find the ship the General mentioned or the one we arrived on.  If not we will ask about, next]

Melina looks about for the ship the General mentioned, as well as keep an eye or her surroundings, so many people, so much water.   She crowded Sunshine over close to Darek's bif Stallion.

"Do you see anything?  Perhaps we can ask someone, but I wouldn't know how to ask."
Xander Bakura
 player, 120 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 23 Jun 2009
at 18:39
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander stays with Azara as they head back towards the docks, remaining very alert and very quiet.

OOC We are supposed to meet (insert name here) and ask for help (I believe, been awhile since I checked)
Azara
 player, 622 posts
Tue 23 Jun 2009
at 19:17
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara looks about the busy area, there was not wat to track in the regular way but, "Xander, I am not exactly sure of your abilities , but can you track them using scent from here to where they are."
Darek Halchov
 player, 748 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 23 Jun 2009
at 19:28
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
OK. Will ook for the Captain of the guards, Tim Foman and give him bashere's note.

If he can't find him through asking, he will look for the boat they arrived on couple days ago and see if it is ready to return downriver.

if neither of those pan out, then he will see what boats are in port and leaving soon.
Xander Bakura
 player, 121 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 23 Jun 2009
at 21:14
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I was raised in the Bl..."Xander pauses."I was raised nearbye, Red. If they are here, I can find them."Looks like Azara's picked up a nickname. The wolfbrother slips off his mount and begins to look around, glancing at the people and once in awhile kneeling down slightly to examine the ground but trying to be inconspicious. He sniffs the air a few times as well.

[private to Johanfk: Trying to use Track to find the others more easily. Also, going to try and keep tabs on the white wolf with them to make it easier. Got the following rolls: 17:12, Today: Xander Bakura rolled 11 using 1d20+7. Wilderness Lore.
17:12, Today: Xander Bakura rolled 25 using 1d20+5. Search Check.
17:11, Today: Xander Bakura rolled 17 using 1d20+9. Listen Check.
17:11, Today: Xander Bakura rolled 23 using 1d20+11. Spot Check.
]
Darek Halchov
 player, 749 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 23 Jun 2009
at 21:27
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I was hoping to see the ship we came in on, about ready to leave again."

"I suppose we'll ask for General Bashere's contact."


Darek looks around for the city guard and asks them, "Where might we find the Captain of the Guard, Tim Foman?"
Johanfk
 GM, 125 posts
Thu 25 Jun 2009
at 12:35
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
It only takes a minute or two to get the correct directions to Foman. His office is rather close to the northern gate in a mighty three storage stone building. Two guards stands outside and looks at you suspiciously as you approach. But once they have learned of your reason of being there they let you pass and a servant shows you to a room on the ground floor and asks you to sit and wait.

"You wish for any reattachments?" He asks.
Darek Halchov
 player, 750 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 25 Jun 2009
at 13:05
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek looks confused, not sure if the man thought they were injured, or was asking if they wasnted refreshments. "No thank you," he replies, not wanting to embarrass the servant and not needing any food or drink.
Melina
 player, 429 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Thu 25 Jun 2009
at 20:55
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Melina looked at the man then at Darek with a reaised brow.  Darek was a confused by the man's words as she was.,  She could sense that much.  Unsure of what the man had offered them yet istead of declining as Darek had done, Melina looks to the man.

"May I have water for the three of us, please."  whatever the language problem her simple request should be understood clearly enough.
Johanfk
 GM, 127 posts
Mon 29 Jun 2009
at 09:19
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The servant bows and exit immediately just to return with a crystal pitcher filled with water and glasses for all. As he start to serve the door opens and a battle hardened man about in mid 40s enters wearing a leather armor and a sword by his side.

"You came from General Bashere?" He asks directing himself towards Darek.
Xander Bakura
 player, 124 posts
 Golden Eyes
Mon 29 Jun 2009
at 12:15
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander continues to try and find the others or clues to their whereabouts.

WOLF
The wolf blinks, and now stays rather close to Darek if allowed to follow them.

[private to Johanfk: Does the man smell odd to the wolf? :)]

[private to Johanfk: Trying to use Track to find the others more easily. Also, going to try and keep tabs on the white wolf with them to make it easier. Got the following rolls: 17:12, Today: Xander Bakura rolled 11 using 1d20+7. Wilderness Lore.
17:12, Today: Xander Bakura rolled 25 using 1d20+5. Search Check.
17:11, Today: Xander Bakura rolled 17 using 1d20+9. Listen Check.
17:11, Today: Xander Bakura rolled 23 using 1d20+11. Spot Check.
]

This message was last edited by the player at 14:39, Mon 29 June 2009.

Darek Halchov
 player, 751 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Mon 29 Jun 2009
at 14:34
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Yes, Sir, we have. Are you Captain Foman?"

If the man is, then Darek hands him the note General Bashere gave him. Darek allows the wolf to get closer, prepared to react should she start growling at the man. Animal were better judges of character than most people and Darek had to assume they might be hunted after the battle.
Melina
 player, 431 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Mon 29 Jun 2009
at 17:01
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Yes, we are."

Melina added and then left the discussion to Darek.  He was much better dealing with Wetlanders than she was.  Though she listened carefully to how they talked and what was said.  Things like that were important to know and keep knowing.  There was so much she had learned while in the Wetlands
Rai'el
 player, 561 posts
Mon 29 Jun 2009
at 17:11
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel moved in behind Melina and stood quietly.  Her eyes surveyed the room, for all the possible exits and entrances and she kept her attention on those and the others not of their party about them.

Her golden hawk-like gaze met the officer's cursory examination of them with a fierce intensity and anyone else that looked her way.  It said clearly she would strike hard and fast is necessary.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:40, Tue 30 June 2009.

Johanfk
 GM, 128 posts
Tue 30 Jun 2009
at 09:05
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I am yes." The man takes the note and reads it. A few times he looks up from it and looks at the assembled then as he seems to have read it to finish he pockets it and takes a deep breath. Xander's wolf just keep close to Darek, the captain himself seems to ignore it.

"You are really not what you seems to be but I will of course help you in any way I can... what do you need?"

[Private to Xander Bakura: Easiest would to actually just take contact with the wolf and ask where it is :).]
Darek Halchov
 player, 752 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 30 Jun 2009
at 14:14
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Since General Bashere trusted this man, Darek would. "I know not if the note mentioned our quarry, but we need a fast riverboat, that can set us ashore as close to the Twin Rivers as the river will take us and our horses."

"We need it kept quiet of course. We have gold to pay the captain and would expect him to carry as much other cargo as he can safely manage and make good time."


Mikael supposed, from seeing riverboats loaded and unloaded, and knowing the myriad of supplies carried on them, that some were lighter than others. He supposed they would need a boat with a shallower draft to reach shore, but there may very well be places where a deeper drafted boat could tie up to shore.

"We can manage to unload the horses without a crane if the boat can not make it all the way to shore." Mikael wasn't sure, but thought that might make a difference.

"There are a couple more of us, shopping for supplies, that will be joining us."
Xander Bakura
 player, 125 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 30 Jun 2009
at 14:30
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander pauses for a moment. His eyes close and he rubs his unshaven chin before finally opening them again and looking around, stopping when he looks in a certain direction."This way."

[private to Johanfk: Duh. Ok. I ask the wolf where she is! :)]
Johanfk
 GM, 129 posts
Tue 30 Jun 2009
at 16:38
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
PM

[Private to Xander Bakura: The wolf  gets excited when it feels Xander's presence and is more than happy to give him the mental images of where they are at. The two of them has lived so long together that it doesn't take long before he has quite a good idea where they have gone and how the captain's house look like.]
Azara
 player, 623 posts
Tue 30 Jun 2009
at 18:32
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara nods and does not question the man's abilities.  From what she knew of the fabled Wolfbrothers, they had the senses of ther wolf brothers. No wonder he did not like human habitations, the scents would be overpowering.

Azara mounts and follows wanting to stay out of the numerous oderiferous piles that littered the streets.
Johanfk
 GM, 130 posts
Tue 30 Jun 2009
at 18:35
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The captain gave Darek a slow nod.

"I can have such boat ready to go by dawn tomorrow, and you don't need to worry about money I'll take care of that. Beyond supplies and such for the journey anything else?"
Xander Bakura
 player, 126 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 30 Jun 2009
at 18:47
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Stay close to me, Red."The golden orbs turn to Azara, shown slightly beneath Xander's hooded visage. He watches her with a odd gaze, then mounts his horse. The man turns away, and looks around very often while riding in the direction of the captain.
Azara
 player, 624 posts
Tue 30 Jun 2009
at 19:11
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara's own golden stare holds Xander's for a brief moment. Some might be disconcerted by his stare, but Azara had another feeling, as if she were looking in a mirror at times.  There seemed to be some connection... attraction...something...passing between them as their eyes met.

Absently she rubbed her left shoulder where she bore a red birthmark that look like an eagle in flight.  Her father had joked that she bore the mark of Manetheren, though he was proud she had it. Sometimes he called her Eaglet, her eyes had the intensity of a Eagle's stare even when she was young.
Darek Halchov
 player, 753 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 30 Jun 2009
at 20:30
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek smiled, still wondering what the note had said. He trusted General Bashere, but this might not be who he agreed he was.

Mikael thought for a moment, following the Captain's question.

[Private to GM: 21 on sense motive. Worried he isn't the Captain, or that he might be darkfriend or such. sense motive to see if he is being honest I suppose. :)
16:26, Today: Darek Halchov rolled 21 using 1d20+9. Sense Motive.
]
Xander Bakura
 player, 127 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 30 Jun 2009
at 20:33
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The man continues riding, looking to Azara often. He pauses once in awhile to look in some random direction then focuses back on the task at hand. He adjusts the axe hanging on his back with his right hand, gripping the reins with his left. Strangely enough, Xander doesn't look comfortable on horseback, nor does he look fully...borderlander. Golden eyes. Golden blonde hair. Odd. He doesn't say anything, remaining the silent guardian.
Johanfk
 GM, 131 posts
Wed 1 Jul 2009
at 14:46
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander and Azara rides quickly through the city and soon Xander recognize the house he was after. The guards outside sees them approach and gives them a curious look.

[Private to Darek Halchov: What you can sense he is what he claims to be.]
Darek Halchov
 player, 754 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Wed 1 Jul 2009
at 15:15
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Nothing that I would ask you to risk, Captain."

"Thank you for your help and I hope we can return the favor in the future."


Darek holds his hand out to shake the Captain's
Xander Bakura
 player, 128 posts
 Golden Eyes
Wed 1 Jul 2009
at 16:03
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander dismounts and sniffs a few times. He stares at the guard for a moment and holds a hand up to Azara. In a gruff whisper, he looks to the woman."Let us wait just a moment."

WOLF
The wolf watches the captain intently and remains close to Darek.
Melina
 player, 432 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Wed 1 Jul 2009
at 17:59
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Thank You, very much, Captain.  Perhaps you might recommend a decent inn in this place."request Melina politely. She imagined there were plenty of inns in a place this size but she didn't want to spen hours trying to find a decent one.
Johanfk
 GM, 133 posts
Thu 2 Jul 2009
at 19:18
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The captain took Darek's hand and shook it.

"A real please. Too bad I can't do more but you should know that you all have my thanks." Turning to Melina he answered.

"If it is ok you can stay in my house as my guests. It won't be any problem I promise. But if you insist then the Eagle and Boar is four houses down to your right, it is one of the best inns in the city."
Darek Halchov
 player, 755 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 2 Jul 2009
at 19:25
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek smiles, "Well, that depends on if your wife will let me help with the cooking and won't mind a small squad invading your home."

He was giving the Captain a chance to reconsider. Darek thought anyone hunting for them would check the town's Inns first.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:26, Thu 02 July 2009.

Xander Bakura
 player, 129 posts
 Golden Eyes
Thu 2 Jul 2009
at 19:55
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The wolfbrother waits outside though seems to grow a little impatient. He looks to the house then to the guard and back to Azara, adjusting his hood to hide his face more.

WOLF
The wolf remains somewhat close to Darek, looking from him to the captain and back seeming a bit edgy.
Azara
 player, 625 posts
Thu 2 Jul 2009
at 20:57
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara sits her horse regally, and looks down at Xander, definitely a different perspective as normally she hat to look up to him and she was tall for a female, thought not as tall as pure Aiel.

"I take it they are in there"
Xander Bakura
 player, 130 posts
 Golden Eyes
Thu 2 Jul 2009
at 21:45
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The man's gaze turns back up to the woman and he nods in agreement."Yes. Each of them are inside."He doesn't let his very golden gaze linger on her long but seems hesitant as he watches her. The man finally pulls his gaze off her and looks back to the house and the guard, perhaps expecting trouble.
Azara
 player, 626 posts
Thu 2 Jul 2009
at 23:29
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"Xander," Azara pauses and then goes on. "what is it like, being able to communicate with the wolves?"
Xander Bakura
 player, 131 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 3 Jul 2009
at 04:07
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Depends on the state of the wolves being 'spoken' to, Red. Sometimes...it is bliss. Other times..."Xander's gaze stops on the woman again."Chaotic. Stressful. Even...maddening. Sometimes a single voice in your head. Or more like emotions...and other times, it feels like a hundred. Like a hammer hitting your skull. Constantly. It is hard to explain. Not a good thing but not a curse..."He keeps his eyes on her."Why do you ask?"
Azara
 player, 627 posts
Fri 3 Jul 2009
at 04:41
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"Old stories I heard and read were never clear on what a wolfbrother really was. I was just wanting to know the truth of it.  I would think that being so close to such social animals as wolves can be daunting."
Xander Bakura
 player, 132 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 3 Jul 2009
at 04:48
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"It is hard to explain the emotions I feel but around people, I do not feel at peace."Xander nods slowly, watching Azara intently."Like I said, it is a curse but a good thing at the same time. Depends on where I am, who I am around...what is going on..."He looks away."A bond someone can be born with..."He steps towards the house and pauses, looking around.
Azara
 player, 628 posts
Fri 3 Jul 2009
at 16:39
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"I would think that is because they are not of your pack." Azara replies after a moment. It was an errant guess at best.  In a way she had experiences something of a wolf's life.  Her parents were like the Alpha male and female, but when they died, she was sent off to join her relatives, like a wolf joining another pack. Only she was forced into the position of the Gamma wolf.  The last in order in all things.
Xander Bakura
 player, 133 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 3 Jul 2009
at 21:52
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The man shrugs in response to Azara, golden eyes on her for a long moment before he adjusts his hood and turns once more from her."No, they are not of my pack. No person truly is. Though I have heard of other bonds."
Johanfk
 GM, 134 posts
Sat 4 Jul 2009
at 07:33
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek Halchov:
Darek smiles, "Well, that depends on if your wife will let me help with the cooking and won't mind a small squad invading your home."

He was giving the Captain a chance to reconsider. Darek thought anyone hunting for them would check the town's Inns first.


"That won't be any problem, I promise you. You are all welcome into my home." He answered.
Darek Halchov
 player, 756 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sat 4 Jul 2009
at 14:34
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Thank you then." Darek said, taking the Captain up on his offer. "Well, I'm sure you have Captain matters to take care of, shall we meet you back here late afternoon?"

With matters settled, Darek leaves the Captain's office to look for their friends.
Johanfk
 GM, 135 posts
Sat 4 Jul 2009
at 14:55
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I'll let my wife and servants know, I'll wait for your arrival." The captain said and as they parted he left them and a guard showed them outside where Xander and Azara was.
Xander Bakura
 player, 134 posts
 Golden Eyes
Sat 4 Jul 2009
at 16:31
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander stands outside, awaiting the others and remaining close to Azara. He watches the area, seeming to be extremely on alert.

WOLF
The wolf waits for someone to let her outside, remaining close to well Darek.
Melina
 player, 433 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Sat 4 Jul 2009
at 18:05
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Melina stands up taking Darek;s arm when he does too. "Captain, your offer is very generous. May you always find shade and water." Melina intones the ancient Aiel words.
Rai'el
 player, 562 posts
Sat 4 Jul 2009
at 18:08
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel, still standing, moved towards the door and opened it, checking outside first.

Seeing Azara and Xander, Raiel response. "Azara and Xander are here already,"  she relays the information to Darek and Melina."
Azara
 player, 629 posts
Sat 4 Jul 2009
at 20:56
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara nods to Raiel.  "Xander is a very good tracker," she comments to the Aiel as she steps out followed by Darek and Melina.

"Darek, I've got a number of your favorite herbs and spices and a couple of new ones.  Now do we have a boat?  Are we going by River or Sea?  And when do we depart?"
Xander Bakura
 player, 135 posts
 Golden Eyes
Sat 4 Jul 2009
at 21:15
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I do my best, Red."Xander looks to Azara, then sends a odd glance at Raiel. He stands up more fully as the wolf wanders over to him and sits down at his feet, tail wagging a bit. He remains close to Azara, nodding to Darek."So where to now?"He lets out in a gruff tone.
Melina
 player, 434 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Sat 4 Jul 2009
at 21:27
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"We are free until this evening to do what we wish. THe Captain has invited us to stay with him.  A boat will be ready in the morning to take us where were want to go."

"Perhaps we can stop and get lunch fo rnow either at an inn or from a street vendor,"  and then any shopping more shopping we can do when we are done and all have some time to think about what we may need."
offers Melina.
Xander Bakura
 player, 136 posts
 Golden Eyes
Sat 4 Jul 2009
at 21:30
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I won't be staying with him. This place is too crowded..."Xander grunts and looks around. He adjusts the axe on his back somewhat as the wolf peers up at him for some reason."Food and ale sounds decent enough. I am sure I've been through this place before, though most probably will pay little heed."He shrugs, stretching his nect slightly before taking the reins of his horse but remaining on the ground.
Azara
 player, 630 posts
Sun 5 Jul 2009
at 01:12
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"Then you can tell us where to go for a good meal and ale." say Azara.  "I'm famished."
Xander Bakura
 player, 137 posts
 Golden Eyes
Sun 5 Jul 2009
at 01:34
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The man nods and moves through the crowds, searching for a good place to settle down for a bit to eat and drink. Xander looks around often, hood down to hide his face still and sniffing the air oddly from time to time, and if anyone got too close to himself or Azara, he places a hand on the axe on his back. Intimidation sometimes works well, even just a slight bit of it. He looks to Azara occasionally, and casts a glance to the others with a slight not to Darek. They are men after all-protect the women even if the women needed no protection. The wolf moves along with the wolfbrother, sticking close to him as he walks, guiding the horse.
Darek Halchov
 player, 757 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sun 5 Jul 2009
at 01:39
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"He made the very gracious offer to stay with him, and is relaying our visit to his wife and servants. I'm sure his home is much less crowded than an Inn, and better guarded."

"New spices?" Darek's face lights up. "I'm sorry, My Lady, but even such wonderous gifts will not sway my heart from Melina." He is half jesting, clearly looking forward to trying the new spices. Had fate not chosen a different path for him, he might very well have been a great chef one day.

Arm and arm with Melina, he says, "Lunch sounds wonderful. some of the street vendors offer the normal fare of an area for local workers. My favorite places to have lunch in new cities." There wouldn't be any problems with Xander's wolf friend scaring Innkeeps either.
Xander Bakura
 player, 138 posts
 Golden Eyes
Sun 5 Jul 2009
at 17:28
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The man seems to listen to Darek, and with his response to Azara, Xander sends him a rather odd look. He moves slightly closer to Azara though for what reason remains to be a mystery."Gracious or not, I prefer to not owe anyone any ounce of debt or possible repayment. The woodlands are my home, and there I will sleep."Blunt and to the point, the wolfbrother looks around once more."If everyone wishes to get food in town, so be it. I prefer to hunt my own as I know what is in it but a hot meal prepared by someone else sounds alright I suppose."He definatly doesn't seem to be very trusting of everyone but probably for good reason.
Darek Halchov
 player, 758 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sun 5 Jul 2009
at 17:35
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Normally I would suggest meeting us at the docks early, but given the circumstances, I'll not be surprised if the boat is ready to leave in the middle of the night."

Darek begins walks with the others to find food. He'll actually watch a few of the street venders to see what they are putting in their food. He'll go so far as to compliment those who make good food, or who seem to be using better ingredients, asking about any he doesn't recognize.
Azara
 player, 631 posts
Sun 5 Jul 2009
at 19:10
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"What's wrong with getting food and drink at an inn? It is early yet and it will not spoil us for dinner and the officer's home.  At least we will have a place to sit.  I don't look forward to eating in the saddle, and we have been riding all morning."
Xander Bakura
 player, 139 posts
 Golden Eyes
Sun 5 Jul 2009
at 19:14
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The man looks to Azara and answers gruffly."Nothing is wrong with getting good and drink at a inn, Red. I prefer to hunt my own food and gather my own drinks because I know what is in each."Perhaps Xander is simply paranoid or something happened to him in the past but that remains to be unknown for now. He continues to walk, guiding the horse through the streets while keeping alert and looking around often. The wolf moves along with him, looking around as well in the same directions as the man almost as if they are in tune with one another.
Darek Halchov
 player, 759 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Mon 6 Jul 2009
at 00:59
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I apreciate food vendors for serving the local fare, what the average worker eats, not something in an inn designed for travelers palets and stomachs."
Xander Bakura
 player, 140 posts
 Golden Eyes
Mon 6 Jul 2009
at 02:06
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander looks over at Darek then looks back towards the road. His eyes narrow slightly under his hood and he gently pats the neck of his horse while walking. Silence creeps over him again.
Melina
 player, 435 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Mon 6 Jul 2009
at 03:09
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel sniffs a bit, imagine following a nose to tell if food is good or not.  She would have just asked some local where the best street vendor food could be procured.  That or look at teh lines in front of their cart.

Raiel did keep  her eye out for a person selling fruit pies or tarts,  She had an awful sweet tooth.  She loved the sticky honey candy make from the desert honey bees.  Rare it was and a real treat.
Johanfk
 GM, 136 posts
Mon 6 Jul 2009
at 13:27
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
There where several inns and just common rooms along the street no-one really sticking out more than the next. Going for the first one took you to a nice common room only partially crowded by what looked to be a mix of merchants and travellers from outside the town. The moment you sat your foot inside a wench came up to you and lead you to a table. As you have seated she asked friendly.

"What can the house get you?"

OOC: Xander - you leave to the wilderness outside of town or?
Xander Bakura
 player, 142 posts
 Golden Eyes
Mon 6 Jul 2009
at 13:35
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The wolfbrother pays little attention to the wench as he walks in and basically ignores the women but pauses, looking to Darek or Azara to speak to the women. The wolf stays right next to him as he walks into the inn. Xander keeps his hood down to hide most of his face, looking around often and sniffing the air occasionally.

OOC: Going to stay in town till probably night time then may go out and pitch tent.
Darek Halchov
 player, 760 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Mon 6 Jul 2009
at 15:02
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Ah good afternoon. A pitcher of water, and a chilled bottle of something crisp and refreshing, perhaps a late frost white? I'd love whatever the kitchen's specialties are, enough for all." Darek smiled at the wench in a friednly manner, as if to a friend or very least someone of the same station as she, probably something many of the merchants and travelers didn't.

"And our four footed friend will have the freshest rabbit  or other cut you have."

Mikael reached in and took out 3 gold and handed them over, wanting to make sure they got a good or better wine and plenty of good food.
Azara
 player, 632 posts
Mon 6 Jul 2009
at 17:08
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara locates a table close to a door or window for Xander's sake, and heads for it.  She sits down and waits for the others to join her.
Xander Bakura
 player, 143 posts
 Golden Eyes
Mon 6 Jul 2009
at 19:03
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander walks by some others in the room, watching them. He sits down at the end of the table, able to look outside if the need arose, oddly trying to remain close to Azara. The wolf sits down under the table at the wolfbrothers feet, yawning.
Rai'el
 player, 563 posts
Mon 6 Jul 2009
at 19:24
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel enters but leaves the talking to Darek.  HE frowns as Darek smiles at the women who came to serve them.

When she had left Raiel speaks to Darek. "You should save your smile for Melina if you wish to show her how you favor her not for every servant girl who passes," she whispers to him.

Unfortunately not quietly enough to miss Melina's hearing.
Melina
 player, 436 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Mon 6 Jul 2009
at 19:27
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"That is enough Raiel, you are my near sister not my keeper."  Melina replies firmly but with no anger at her near sister.  After all Raiel had kept her safe for months of traveling through the Wastes and Wetlands.
Xander Bakura
 player, 144 posts
 Golden Eyes
Mon 6 Jul 2009
at 19:32
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander grunts rather loudly, glancing towards Rai'el and Darek. Its hard to tell if perhaps he heard what was spoken, and he's not saying much or making it obvious if he heard or not. The man looks rather tense, the light catching his eyes somewhat and making them look almost as if glowing for a moment before he turns away and watches Azara for a moment, then seems to casually just look around. The wolf rubs her head lightly against the leg of the wolfbrother then sniffs at Azara.
Darek Halchov
 player, 761 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Mon 6 Jul 2009
at 20:00
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
When the wench has gone away, Darek turns on Ra'iel, anger evident on his face.

"In the Wetlands as you call them, people are nice to other people. Smiles are a way of being friendly and polite, no more than offering someone shade and water. it is a social custom."

"As for my feelings about Melina, those are very clear. You may prefer her to take an Aiel as a lover, but the Creator has granted this one blessing, Melina cares as much for me, no loves me as much as I do her, or my heart knows nothing."


Turning to Melina, no hint of the anger evident, Darek says, "I've said it before and I'll say it til I die; there is no other woman first in my heart and there will never be another to take your place. I thank and pray to the Creator every day that you feel the same; against custom, against our cultural differences, and seemingly against the wishes of your near sister." Darek had learned that group arrangements or marriages were not unheard of and had no desire for one but would be open minded about it if Melina did. His words tried to express that while assuring her she would always be first in his heart.

"I hope you know in your heart of hearts that smiling and being nice to another woman or man is merely social custom, as you would bow to a Wise One, or respect a Chief."

"Or as you would treat another Aiel coming into your home or you into theirs."


Angered as he was at Ra'iel suggesting he had eyes for another, darek kept his volume low, allowing his tone, face, and body language to express just how angry and offended he was at Ra'iel and how truly sorry he is if Melina is hurt by the wetland social customs.

He finished by saying, "I will learn everything I can of Aiel customs and I would hope you would be willing to do as much. If that means I must battle you, or go through some gauntlet, or pass some other test according to Aiel custom, Ra'iel then tell me and I shall do so." He turned to Ra'iel as he spoke, since he knew Melina had been listening, and likely learning as much about the wetlands and how to deal with the people here as she could while they had been together.

OOC

Yes, Ra'iel has caused offense if it isn't clear. :)
Xander Bakura
 player, 145 posts
 Golden Eyes
Mon 6 Jul 2009
at 20:11
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
For one reason or another, Xander stands up. He looks at Azara, then his gaze goes to Darek and Rai'el before he goes to be by Darek's side. The only words that break from the mans lips are as such, in a deep gutteral voice to the man."You are more wolf then I first believed. Something I did not expect. The way I live-you want something, you fight for it. Either you live or you die, the fact is you fight for what you believe in-and who you believe in and care for. I have not fought for anyone but myself and the wolves in a long time."He looks at Azara."Perhaps that will change."He pauses and looks back to the male channeler."I will fight by your side any day or night. You have my word."With that said, he sits back down, looking away from the others and staring out the window."Darek speaks the truth, Melina."He reaches down to scratch between the wolves ears, glancing just once towards Rai'el. Not a hard look, but if anyting-a curious one before going back to just staring out the window-so still he could be a statue.
Rai'el
 player, 564 posts
Mon 6 Jul 2009
at 22:09
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel watches Darek's quiet explosion.  His anger quite evident and in the face of it all Raiel just smiles slowly.

"That is how it should be." She said evenly as if discussing the innocuous weather.  Melina now has heard it from you own lips.  Things progress quite nicely."

"Melina, you saw how fierce he was in defending his love for you. That is a good sign, Men should be more demonstrative, sometimes they need a push,"
and with that she sat with that maddening smile  still on her face and she nodded knowingly her golden eye glittering.

Raiel leans towards Darek whispering, "I am always prepared to give a push in the right direction."

Too bad we did not have a sweat tent to set up so that You and he could see each other properly.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:33, Mon 06 July 2009.

Darek Halchov
 player, 762 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Mon 6 Jul 2009
at 22:41
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek, anger still evident in his eyes, replies, "I have already voiced as much and more to Melina directly, without needing any pushing from you. There was no need to voice such to you; unless you hope to be courted as second wife as near-sister to my beloved."

"I prefer Melina's softer, more womanly curves, but if my heart's desire for some reason thought her near-sister needed the attentions of a man, or wished you to be second wife, i would do my best to honor her wishes and pleasure you accordingly."


As Darek speaks of preferring Melina's curves, he turns to look directly at Melina and when he speaks of Ra'iel being a second wife or other, winks at her and smiles so that she at least knows he is jesting.

His face is all seriousness when it returns to looking at Ra'iel.

'Bloody Aiel near-sister, Spear maiden customs,' he thinks to himself.
Xander Bakura
 player, 146 posts
 Golden Eyes
Mon 6 Jul 2009
at 23:09
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Calm yourself, Darek. One cannot draw blood from a stone. Nor win a conversation or argument from such. Sit. Drink with us. Rest."Xander doesn't even look up towards the man as he stares out the window. Yet it sounds more like a order then someone asking. The wolf yawns, now lying down on the floor at the wolfbrothers feet beneath the table.
Rai'el
 player, 565 posts
Mon 6 Jul 2009
at 23:42
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel took no mind of Darek's continued outburst. Stone he named her and stone she was, except when it came to her near sister, Melina.  Aiel ways were all she knew.

"It is good for Melina to know you would keep to our  ways.......if Melina wanted you too.  However you have no fear of that happening.  It is not your ways and Melina cares about what you want as well as what she knows. You are the most fortunate of men to have won her heart."

"I am wed to the spear, though one day I may take a lover."
Xander Bakura
 player, 147 posts
 Golden Eyes
Mon 6 Jul 2009
at 23:49
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander looks as if he is going to say something, a strange grin on his face visible despite the hooded visage but as he glances to Azara he closes his mouth and says nothing but looks to Darek again. The grin forms slightly but subsides. Even the wolf moves slightly, looking at Rai'el and lets out a quiet bark before lying back down beneath the table, now closer to Azara strangely enough.
Darek Halchov
 player, 763 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 7 Jul 2009
at 00:03
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek sits and drinks, after holding the chair for Melina to do so.

He smiles at Xander, "Thank you," referring to the man's words both times.

When the dishes of food come, he explains what is in each and thanks the serving wench.
Azara
 player, 633 posts
Tue 7 Jul 2009
at 00:22
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara leans closer to Xander and whispers, "Aiel have some odd customs, I am still trying to them. When there is less tension I will try to explain what is happening, I think. Then again I am no expert but I do know about the near sister thing."

Azara holds out the back of her hand clkoser to the young wolf's nose.  She had always loved animals, did everything she could to be with them.  It was easier when her parents were alive and they lived at the post, but when sshe got to her grandparents she had to leave behind his assorted dogs and cats.  SHe did her best to make friends with the house catss, and the spit dogs in the kitchen.
Xander Bakura
 player, 148 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 7 Jul 2009
at 01:13
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The man nods to Azara, watching her closely now as she get closer to him. He looks as if ready to do something, moving towards her."Try being around wolves often enough, and you pick up your own customs, Red." He moves even closer, sniffing then backs away suddenly and goes quiet. The wolf sniffs at Azara's hand and nudges it with her nose.
Melina
 player, 437 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Tue 7 Jul 2009
at 07:14
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Melina smiles back at Darek when he looks to her.  She knows Raiel is sometimes very brusk and opinionated. She nods in understanding of his anger putting out a hand over his and meeting his eyes frankly.

Speaking very lowly Melina speaks to Darek so Raiel would not hear. Not with her thinking it might be lovers talk. , "Far Dareis Mai are what they are.  A warrior in a woman's body wedded to the spear and the Dance.  She has not had the luxury of being amongst those of her own society for almost a year.  And I know she longs to return though she would not leave me to return home for any reason.  She saved me when we were with were overrun by Trollocs and a Halfman.  I had exhausted my ability to use the One Power which at that time was not very much at the time and I was left defenseless.
                                                                           "Please, for my sake, be not too hard on her.  Though she would not thank me for asking this, forgive her.....a bit."

This message was last edited by the player at 07:39, Tue 07 July 2009.

Azara
 player, 634 posts
Tue 7 Jul 2009
at 07:43
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara smiles and slowly raises her hand to scratch behing the ear of the wolf. She knew both dogs and cats liked to be scratched there, so she did just that. SHe had the patience to wait for the wolf to indicate if she liked the attention.  ALso she waited until the wolf moved her head shopwing she wanted the same attention for her other ear.

"Xander, what is her name?" She askes.
Xander Bakura
 player, 149 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 7 Jul 2009
at 13:37
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"She has no name yet. Perhaps you can name her. I was thinking perhaps Riverwind. She likes the water, and runs like the wind."Xander's voice is deep and serious, and he remains staring out the window, sniffing his drink when it comes for some reason and sipping it if it doesn't smell odd.
Darek Halchov
 player, 764 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 7 Jul 2009
at 15:07
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Gently in her ear, as if whispering sweet nothing, Darek says, "I have if only because she has brought you to me. Yet, if she continues to dishonor our feelings, for she slights you as much as me when she makes such accusations, I'll be forced to switch her like an unruly child."

From his tone, Darek is half jesting, but also serious about continued slights to either of them.

Darek kissed Melina softly on the cheek, holding it there a couple seconds as someone savoring it might. He inhales as he does, taking in her scent.
Xander Bakura
 player, 150 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 7 Jul 2009
at 15:17
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Like a little boy and a piece of something sweet." Xander turns to look at Darek and shrugs, that still serious look on his stone-like features."And no need to thank me. I say things how they are, whether they be good or bad. Either way, means little to me. Better to be blunt and honest, then beat around the bush no?" He shrugs, and takes a swig of his drink before looking to the others again then finally back out the window.
Johanfk
 GM, 137 posts
Wed 8 Jul 2009
at 19:43
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The food is quite good actually, one of the best meals you have had in days.
Darek Halchov
 player, 765 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Wed 8 Jul 2009
at 19:53
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek, perhaps because he is in love himself, hadn't missed the change in the wolfbrother, his apparent interest in Azara.

"The sweeter for savoring the scent," Darek replied, eyeing Xander, then Azara and their close proximity. it is said those relationships forged in fire weret he strongest. He hoped things didn't get much hotter before the Final Battle.
Xander Bakura
 player, 151 posts
 Golden Eyes
Wed 8 Jul 2009
at 21:37
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The wolfbrother takes a rather large swig of his drink as Darek speaks, perhaps even timing it and motions for another."Ale." He speaks out rather gruffly and almost in a growl yet he doesn't seem angry. Hard to say how he is feeling, his face still like stone. Xander continues looking out the window as the wolf under the table continues to nose Azara's fingers lightly and then yawns, showing her rather sharp fangs.
Azara
 player, 635 posts
Wed 8 Jul 2009
at 22:16
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"Oh yes," Azara says to the she-wolf, "I can see that you are defending your place in the pack," after her toothy yawn, "I can respect that."

Azara pauses her scratches until the wolf indicates she wants the young Aes Sedai's attention again.  Which was Azara's way of saying she had a place there too.
Xander Bakura
 player, 152 posts
 Golden Eyes
Wed 8 Jul 2009
at 22:35
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"She's the runt of the litter. That is why I chose her to travel with me." Xander waits for the ale, and looks at Azara."That is why I chose her. To keep her safe. The small ones are always looked down upon. Now they show her more respect though I do not know why. She's a brave one, that much I must say. Perhaps even braver then myself." The man gently pats the wolf's head then goes back to looking out the window, though he shoots a look at the others, his gaze indeed staying longer on Azara before looking back to the window. He seems to tense up slightly but then relaxes but the reason remains unclear.
Melina
 player, 438 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Wed 8 Jul 2009
at 22:59
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Melina savored Darek's kiss. though she did not aeem to response outwardly Darek could feel her lean to his kiss, just ever so slightly.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:32, Sat 11 July 2009.

Xander Bakura
 player, 154 posts
 Golden Eyes
Sun 12 Jul 2009
at 15:34
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander grows quiet, leaning back in his chair as he drinks his ale down rather fast. His eyes stay focused on the window mainly.
Darek Halchov
 player, 766 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sun 12 Jul 2009
at 15:44
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek enjoys the meal not speaking for some moments. The comfrtabel silence is nice.

Finally he asks, "Did you get your shopping done, cloths, boots, any extra gear we might need? I'd like to see what we could find for traveling food as well. Corn ears that can be roasted in the fire, dried meets softened for stew, or merely chewed on the go have meat and salt in a light package. Good for keeping on our persons in case something happens to the pack animals."

Darek goes through a list of other supplies, many of which he suspects Azara might have thought of and picked up with the spices.
Azara
 player, 636 posts
Sun 12 Jul 2009
at 17:26
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"We found a couple of outfits for Xander, and I got some material to make more clothes as needed. It was one of the lessons she had been taught at her Grandfather's house, not her favorite activity, but knowing sewing and embrodiery had been very helpful since she had run away.

"I got some things, though pickings were scarce.  I took the time to make a list and then noted things that you might be interested in beyond what I got. I made a sort of map of some of the places, but you might check with the innkeeper as to were to find some of the things you want.  He or she may have a supplier."

Azara pulls out her map with the list of things she did buy; dried fruits, some dried meat, smoked fish, sugar, flour, tea, shepherder's bread, salt, pepper, herbs and spices.
Darek Halchov
 player, 767 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sun 12 Jul 2009
at 17:29
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Looks like you have the basics covered and then some." Darek said with a smile.

"Did you check out any of the armorers or weaponsmiths?"

"Might be interesting to see if any of the Ais Sedai were in town, and why."
There might still be some information to be found in town.
Xander Bakura
 player, 155 posts
 Golden Eyes
Sun 12 Jul 2009
at 17:41
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I am willing to check out the armorers and weaponsmiths."Xander's gaze turns to Darek."As for Aes Sedai-I prefer to avoid them."Though why remains really to be seen, as usual for the mysterious man. He finishes off his second mug of ale as the wolf at his feet yawns again, no longer paying any attention to Azara. He rubs his chin as he has listened to the list of items found and obtained with little surprise.
Rai'el
 player, 566 posts
Sun 12 Jul 2009
at 18:42
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I will go with you," Raiel states states boldly.  "I also would like to see what weapons they may have.  a few more knives would be good to have. and I have something to shop for as well."
Xander Bakura
 player, 156 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 14 Jul 2009
at 02:59
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"We should go at first light. In the morning. The others should rest." Xander's voice is deep and serious. His eyes stay on the window for a long moment then look down at his empty mug. He leans down again to rub between the wolf's ears and she nudges his wrist lightly with her nose. The man watches the wolf for a long moment, eyes meeting eachother.
Darek Halchov
 player, 768 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 14 Jul 2009
at 03:06
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"The day is early and we will be leaving on the riverboat in the morning."
Azara
 player, 637 posts
Tue 14 Jul 2009
at 18:50
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Rest, thought Azara hearing Xander.  Maybe he thought her to be some weak unfit female.  Given the story that had been told to the General, how was he to know how seasoned they had become over the last months of chasing raiders, who were really whitecloaks, and dealing with Seanchan and all the things they had experienced since joining together. Of course she did not live in the Blight, from what Xander had let slip. She was sure her was harder than nails compared to her, but she was not delicate lady either.

"I am sure I can find so simple sewing to do," she comments, "so I am not over strained by the days activities."
Xander Bakura
 player, 157 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 14 Jul 2009
at 19:04
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander slowly gets to his feet. The wolf looks up at him curiously then goes to gently nudge Azara's hand with her nose. Perhaps the wolf has accepted her though it is hard to tell. He turns to look at Darek."Then Rai'el and I will go now to investigate the armories and weaponsmiths areas for any gear that we think we may need. A few knives and other items could be useful though the weapons I have are more then enough-more isn't necassarily a bad thing." He looks to Azara for a long moment, his hand brushes her lightly then he pulls it back. Both of his arms go into his cloak, hidden before looking to the aiel.
Azara
 player, 638 posts
Tue 14 Jul 2009
at 19:09
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara feels the brush, like a feather, and like fire.  She reaches her hand out, the same that Xander touched and put it to the young wolf's nose for a gentle caress. Then she stole a look at the enigmatic man.

Light, what was happening, her body suddenly awakened by that oh so fleeting touch.
Darek Halchov
 player, 769 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 14 Jul 2009
at 19:37
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek looked at Xander, wondering if he had some reason for wanting to be alone with Ra'iel. He'd thought to look at what they weaponsmiths and armorers had, but he didn't really need anything.

"Good hunting."
Xander Bakura
 player, 158 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 14 Jul 2009
at 19:42
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The man stands there, like a stone statue and looks to Azara, watching her intently. He then pulls his golden gaze from her and looks to the wolf."You stay here and protect the others alright?" The wolf tilts her head as Xander tilts his own though hard to tell if she is mocking him, copying him or /both/. Her ears flatten as she looks towards the aiel and she lies back down on her belly at Azara's feet. Xander slips his hands out from his cloak, and adjusts the large axe on his back before looking towards the door, the window then around the room as if curious or just expecting trouble for some reason or another and his gaze stops on the others one by one once more."I say about a hour. Most likely I've been in this city before, but I spend little time within them. The woodlands are more...accepting."
Azara
 player, 639 posts
Tue 14 Jul 2009
at 19:58
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara reaches into a canvas satchel she had bought to carry some of the stuff they bought, she digs out a small case with sewing supplies in it.  She then digs out one of Xander's shirts and begins to put some embroidery about the cuffs and the neckline.  She bends to her task with a will and occasional reaches down to fondle the wolf's ears.  A couple of time she reaches over to press one hand down on the other where Xander had brushed it.
Rai'el
 player, 568 posts
Tue 14 Jul 2009
at 21:03
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Azara can I have whatever you have left fromtthe purse?  I do not need much perhaps a few more daggers if they have any of sufficient quality." Raiel explains her needs, at least those she ws willing to speak of.

Raiel turns with Xander and accompanies him out of the inn saying nothing for now.  Weapons are find but she need to find a flower peddler or perhaps in a place of this size a shop even.  Raiel was not more comfortable in this city than the strange wolfman seemed to be but she did not let it show as he did.  He was always covering his head and hiding his eyes.  But then his eyes were different form most men's
Azara
 player, 640 posts
Tue 14 Jul 2009
at 23:32
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara digs out her coin purse from under her shirt where she kept it on a cord around her neck.

"Here you go."
Xander Bakura
 player, 159 posts
 Golden Eyes
Wed 15 Jul 2009
at 05:34
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The man pauses as Azara hands the money pouch to Azara. Xander rubs his chin for a moment, watching closely and waiting if not impatiently. Seeming edgy for some reason, the man rubs the spot on his hand where it met Azara's earlier and turns to walk out with Rai'el out of the inn. He sniffs the air a few times and looks up and down the street, adjusting his axe on his back as well as his bow and quiver before turning to head northwards up the street.
Rai'el
 player, 569 posts
Wed 15 Jul 2009
at 05:44
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Can you smell the metal or the wood or coal that weapon smith use in there forges," Raiel asks curiously
Xander Bakura
 player, 160 posts
 Golden Eyes
Wed 15 Jul 2009
at 06:11
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The man pauses and looks over at the aiel."Yes." Something definatly seems on his mind. He looks around briefly and keeps moving down the street, pausing every so often.
Rai'el
 player, 570 posts
Wed 15 Jul 2009
at 06:35
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel keeps with him even with the hesitations. She watches her surroundings carefully.  IF she just treated it like being in hostile territory she should be okay.  She moved with a fluid command of her own body despite how tall she was.
Xander Bakura
 player, 161 posts
 Golden Eyes
Thu 16 Jul 2009
at 02:48
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The man keeps moving down the street, watching the area closely. He sniffs a few times here and there, remaining rather quiet as the two travel towards the smithies.

WOLF
The wolf stays back with Azara and the others, resting on the floor by her feet.
Azara
 player, 641 posts
Thu 16 Jul 2009
at 04:09
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

He'll pay for that, "REST".  Tiny pink rosebuds, that should show him. She goest to work with a vengence.  Odd reaction, really consideing what had been a casual statement, but her hackles were up.
Rai'el
 player, 571 posts
Thu 16 Jul 2009
at 05:33
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel notices the quiet but that does not mean she has too.

"Did you see Azara's eyes on you as you left. I did."
  and she purposefully said not more though if he looked herr diections they is a slight smile on her face.  She had seen Azara in a huff before Tail didn't think that she appreciated being told to rest as if she was truly and noblewoman incapable of much..
Xander Bakura
 player, 162 posts
 Golden Eyes
Thu 16 Jul 2009
at 05:40
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Yes." Xander stops in his tracks and turns to look at the aiel."Red and myself are from different worlds. Two very different worlds." He stares at Rai'el."What is your point?" Gruff and blunt.
Rai'el
 player, 572 posts
Thu 16 Jul 2009
at 06:00
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel looked at Xanser her smile showing just a bit wider. "I am sure you are, but that is not what I was getting at.  But to just tell you would spoil the fun later."

"You truly do not know her if you think all she is is as she appears to be now."

Xander Bakura
 player, 163 posts
 Golden Eyes
Thu 16 Jul 2009
at 15:06
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"No one has always been as they appear to be." Xander looks around a bit more then back to the aiel."We have things to do." Oh so serious.
Rai'el
 player, 573 posts
Thu 16 Jul 2009
at 15:56
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I am"  Raiel response simply to Xander's statement.
Xander Bakura
 player, 164 posts
 Golden Eyes
Thu 16 Jul 2009
at 16:18
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I doubt that. Everyone changes. Everything around them effects this. The weather, the people around them. If you were always like this..." Xander shrugs."Nevermind." A strange wry grin forms on his face but quickly fades as he continues moving through the streets and spots the smithies."As for Red, I picked up on more then you think, aiel." Gruff and blunt. He sniffs a few times, seeming aggrivated for some reason.
Rai'el
 player, 574 posts
Thu 16 Jul 2009
at 16:49
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel  was Far Dareis Mai to the core. That is what she believed herself to be, but at the same time she was female that was not in doubt wither except to dome.  Xander's comment, "If you were always like this..." piqued her just a bit but she tossed it of and she bristled.

"Can't you find the armor and weaons smiths.  Why don't you just ask one of these townsfolk."  Raiel puts actions to words and moves up to ask a likely looking man about the location of arms and armoreres.

"I desire to find weaponsa and armor Can you direct us to where  the makers of weapns, armor or a shop that sells them?"
Xander Bakura
 player, 165 posts
 Golden Eyes
Thu 16 Jul 2009
at 17:58
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"For a aiel, your vision is not good." Xander points right at the smithies. The man growls and turns to walk towards them once more.
Johanfk
 GM, 141 posts
Thu 16 Jul 2009
at 18:32
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
It didn't take more than a few people to ask and the shops wanted were pointed out.

OOC: I don't think we need to role-play through the whole shopping trip really. List what you are after and I'll give you a price.
Rai'el
 player, 575 posts
Fri 17 Jul 2009
at 00:41
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
OOC  When done with the shopping for weapons, raiel asks for a flower vendor or flower shop on the way back and selects appropriate flowers for a weath, or at least as close as she can get in the Wetlands.

Raiel buys 5 daggers, 1 long and sharp and 4 throwing.
Xander Bakura
 player, 166 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 17 Jul 2009
at 04:09
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The wolfbrother buys two daggers and shoves them into his boots. He looks around for a moment, rubbing his chin and goes to walk away from the smithies. Xander adjusts the axe on his back as if nervous and turns to head back towards the inn-pausing to see what Rai'el is doing.
Johanfk
 GM, 142 posts
Fri 17 Jul 2009
at 17:09
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
OOC: The daggers are 3 mk a piece.
Rai'el
 player, 576 posts
Fri 17 Jul 2009
at 18:18
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
PM[Private to GM: Raiel pays for her own dagger from her own money but the flowers she uses the other money on. so 15 from 55 = 40 marks kleft of her own funds.]
Darek Halchov
 player, 770 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 17 Jul 2009
at 21:41
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
OOC Been on the road a couple days.

IC

Darek watches the duo leave, smiling at Azara's comment about flowers on his shirt.

He smiles at Melina. "If you ever embroider mine, golden rod or such is nice. Just nothing pink please." He had never really liked the color, neither on women or men. It reminded him of something trying to live, to pale to be truly alive, but too pink to have passed on.

Darek sits and relaxes, drinking tea and enjoying the quiet time. He did look around, taking not of anyone entering, or seeming too interested in them.
Melina
 player, 439 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Fri 17 Jul 2009
at 22:03
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Melina does the honors at tea time it was something she had learned by watching others.  Pouring his and then hers she enjooys the brief moment of peace, knowing full well it would ahve to last for a while.

"I am glad you did not continue to argue wiht Raiel.  Far Dareis Mai view relationships between men and woman ans a confrontation where the woman must assert herself and from the point of view of our culture, the  woman can and do.  A man must be as strong as the women are and Vice verso."

"Right now I can't imagine any man strong enough for her that wouldddd cause her to lay down her spears for."
Darek Halchov
 player, 771 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 17 Jul 2009
at 22:50
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Much comes to pass daily that we would not have imagined a year ago."
Xander Bakura
 player, 167 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 17 Jul 2009
at 23:00
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The man stops as he spots Rai'el. Xander walks back towards her, head lowered a bit and hunched over slightly.
Rai'el
 player, 577 posts
Sat 18 Jul 2009
at 00:57
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel stopped at a flower vendor and picks up  flowers for a bridal wreath for Darek to make and lay at Melina's feet.
Xander Bakura
 player, 168 posts
 Golden Eyes
Sat 18 Jul 2009
at 02:24
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander waits a few moments, watching the aiel buy some flowers and shakes his head somewhat. He turns to head back towards the inn, glancing at some passerbyes.

WOLF
The wolf yawns and nudges Azara's leg with her nose for a moment before standing up and stretching a little under the table.
Azara
 player, 642 posts
Sat 18 Jul 2009
at 05:19
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara rubs an ear, "So, is he coming back?" she asks the wolf. After the rub she goes back to her embroidery. She had finished a set of tiny pale pink rosebuds encircling the cuff of one sleeve and now she chose a pale green for the stems.
Xander Bakura
 player, 169 posts
 Golden Eyes
Sat 18 Jul 2009
at 05:31
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
OOC There is NO WAY Xander will wear that shirt Azara LOL!

WOLF
The wolf lets out a quiet bark and looks up at Azara. She then looks at Darek and Melina curiously, tilting her head to the side before lying down on her belly under the table again trying to be out of sight.
Rai'el
 player, 578 posts
Tue 21 Jul 2009
at 20:00
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel and Xander wend their way quickly back to the inn.  Neither speaking, just moving iwth long strides that cover the distance with little effort for either of them, or so it seems to Raiel.
Darek Halchov
 player, 772 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 21 Jul 2009
at 22:26
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
When anyone comes in, he looks to the door. While they wait, Darek's mind, having been occupied with enjoying the time, then with watching the dishes served, turns to thoughts of their upcoming task.

"Do you think we should send word back?" He didn't mention to whom, not sure who could be listening. Everyone knew who they were currently working for, beyond their own desire to see Belyn Sedai brought down.

Quieter, he says, "Practice with shields might be a good idea." He was thinking more about practice with fighting being shielded, and hoped that would relay without voicing too much.

"I wish we knew better what to expect." planning for possible contingencies, and knowing what to expect from each other might give them a slight advantage.
Melina
 player, 440 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Tue 21 Jul 2009
at 22:47
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Whatever you wish Darek," Melina said. "It sounds fine," only her words conveyed more than just a simple permission for him to do what he wanted.  Her eyes said more as did the slight nodding of her chin.

When the door opens admitting rail and Xander, Melina's attention is caught quickly.

"Did you find anything interesting?"

This message was last edited by the player at 22:48, Tue 21 July 2009.

Xander Bakura
 player, 170 posts
 Golden Eyes
Wed 22 Jul 2009
at 04:40
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"No." Xander walks over to the table and crosses his arms over his chest. He stands next to Azara, looking down at her then kneels down to gently rub the wolf's ears.
Azara
 player, 643 posts
Wed 22 Jul 2009
at 04:43
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara tugs the shirt aside and looks up. "You could not find knives, or the one you found weren't good enough?"
Xander Bakura
 player, 171 posts
 Golden Eyes
Wed 22 Jul 2009
at 05:24
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The man stands up, and places his hands on the table. He leans forwards and nods to Azara."I bought a few as did the aiel. They will suffice. I have seen some better craftsmanship but they are of decent quality." He shrugs and stands back up more fully, looking at the others now casually, his gaze stopping on Azara most often. Xander also looks around the room, eyes narrowed beneath his hood.
Darek Halchov
 player, 773 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Wed 22 Jul 2009
at 12:54
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Well, I'm ready for a walk. How about you, my dear?" He asks Melina, then looks to the others. He didn't want to mention where they were walking to, but it was nearing time to go to the Captains. It was only polite to arrive early enough to have a drink and wash up.
Rai'el
 player, 579 posts
Wed 22 Jul 2009
at 16:44
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"When so we have to be ready for dinner?  I shall wear my best cadinsor."  Raiel replies and she holds the flowers in thier wrapped paper bundle for now.  She could give them to Darek later and show him how to weave the bridal wreath.
Azara
 player, 644 posts
Wed 22 Jul 2009
at 17:06
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"Is it time to go?" says Azara, putting the shirt back into her haversack and standing.
Xander Bakura
 player, 172 posts
 Golden Eyes
Wed 22 Jul 2009
at 17:22
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I do not feel it is time to go yet, Red. But if everyone wishes to go for a walk, I will go as well." The man speaks out rather gruffly and almost in a growl. The wolf stands up and yawns. She stretches and nudges against Xander's leg.
Azara
 player, 645 posts
Wed 22 Jul 2009
at 18:08
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara ignors the nickname Red. "I take it we will also be walking the horses," she whispers.

She gathers her things and is ready to go when the others walk out and pauses at the sight of the flowers Raiel carried.  A slow smile light her face.

AH, the wreath.
Xander Bakura
 player, 173 posts
 Golden Eyes
Wed 22 Jul 2009
at 18:14
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I will find a stables for the horses." Xander moves close to Azara, tilting his head curiously to the side as he watches her and then he turns to leave. The wolf blinks up at him and tilts her head as well. Odd.
Azara
 player, 646 posts
Wed 22 Jul 2009
at 22:04
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

True, it would seem that the Captain might not have stabling for their horses at his house.  "I will go with you," Azara says.  "Flame may not willingly go with you. It is part of his training."
Xander Bakura
 player, 174 posts
 Golden Eyes
Wed 22 Jul 2009
at 22:14
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander nods to Azara and looks down at the wolf."Go with Darek, my friend. Keep watch alright?" Perhaps the wolfbrother doesn't trust the captain. Or perhaps the city has made him on edge, hard to tell. He looks back to Azara, watching her intently for a moment before heading towards the door, adjusting the odd axe on his back.
Rai'el
 player, 580 posts
Thu 23 Jul 2009
at 00:12
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I do not need to walk out again, Enjoy your walk, I will get ready and hopefully they can provide a bath at least.  If not a a bath a bucket of water will do."

"Innkeeper, a bath for me as soon as possible, if the water is not hot, just bring cold soap and towwls."

"Darek. I bought you something.  wWhen we get back feom dinner. I will give it to you."
Azara
 player, 647 posts
Thu 23 Jul 2009
at 02:20
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara heads out and gathers up Flame's tie rope, as she never ties a horse with reins.  Instead she kept a sheeepskin padded halter on under the bridle. She also gets the reins of Darek's warhors as it was not accustome to her smell, and if she remember correctly, it did shy at the Wolfbrother when he first joined their group.

She points to Sunny, "Sunny will give you no problem."  That left Xander to lead her, his horse and the pack horse.
Xander Bakura
 player, 175 posts
 Golden Eyes
Thu 23 Jul 2009
at 02:33
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Nodding slowly, the burly man takes the reins of the horses as needed and begins to guide them towards some stables hopefully near the captain's home. He is silent, looking around very often.
Darek Halchov
 player, 774 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 23 Jul 2009
at 03:19
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I'll take Kiserai to the Captain's." He suspposed, with servants and being Captain of the guard, the Captain would have a few stalls, if not an entire stable.

Kiserai had always been edgy around others. In fact, he had aquired such a magnificent aninmal because no other could handle him. He hadn't known what it was at the time, but Darek had a knack at calming horses. That and shared respect surprised Kiserai's breeder and the borderlanders who had tried to ride him.

Darek also wanted Kiserai along in case a quick get away became necessary, and because the trained warhorse would fight and sound alarm if anyone came sneaking around.

No Trolloc could keep pace with Kiserai. He'd set Melina to his back himself if the need arose.
Azara
 player, 648 posts
Thu 23 Jul 2009
at 03:48
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara hands the reins back to Darek.  As much as she wanted Flame close, she doubted that the Captain had room for all their horses.

As they lead the horse off, Azara makes a quiet comment to the Big Wolfbrother.  "Xander, I know you do not like urban areas, but you transmit your wariness like waving a flag."
Xander Bakura
 player, 176 posts
 Golden Eyes
Thu 23 Jul 2009
at 04:01
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
As they walk with the horses towards the stables, Xander pauses and looks to Azara."When one is around the wolves for a long time, and has spent little time with others...I suppose it has left its mark upon me. Being weary can keep one alive but I understand your point, Red. My...apologies." Was that a 'I'm sorry'? Naw. Couldn't be. The wolf does as asked, and well follows with Darek. The man looks back to the wolf and motions with his hand."Go with Rai'el. I will come back for you my friend." The white wolf tilts her head and waits for a moment, letting out a annoyed bark before turning to slip back into the inn and find the aiel before the door closes.
Azara
 player, 649 posts
Thu 23 Jul 2009
at 04:45
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"There is nothing wrong with being alert," Azara goes on, "but the type of people we are dealing with would be very alerted by your demeanor.  I do not do this just to complainm, as you are new to what we do, I will try to offer suggestions as to how better to hide in plain sight."

She is tall but her is taller. "Aiel are tall, even females so we have enough trouble with that aspect,but we have done our best to keep as low a profile as possible. There is a trip of sewing sections of your hood to the shoulders of your cloak where you can move your head inside it without causing it to turn with your head movements. I learned that from a gleeman."

"If you want I can do that for you tonight. Also we might try to come up with a better way to sling that ax, as you seem to be hiking it back into place fairly often."
Xander Bakura
 player, 177 posts
 Golden Eyes
Thu 23 Jul 2009
at 04:52
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"When one has seen the atrocities I have, one must always be alert." The man looks to Azara, watching her for a moment as he adjusts his hood to allow her to look into his eyes. And what she would see would be pain and anger. He adjusts the hood once more. "I hide well enough, though when I want to make myself known-I do it." A slight shrug comes from Xander."If you will adjust the hood and sew it, alright. I will allow it, Red. As for my axe, it stays where it is. I just like knowing it is within my reach...." He looks around further for the stables, sniffing often. The scent of hay and manure would be stronger as they drew closer to the stables.
Johanfk
 GM, 144 posts
Thu 23 Jul 2009
at 16:38
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The sables were located just beside the Captain's house. It was a very nice building made of heavy stonework with inserted logs that reinforced the walls. As the group approached an older man that had all the looks of being the stable master came out from the stable and stopped as he saw them.

"You are the... people master have invited?" He asked. By the tone of his voice people wasn't the word he would use if he had been allowed to say what he thought.
Azara
 player, 650 posts
Thu 23 Jul 2009
at 19:16
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara ignors the impolite pause.

"Yes we are," replied Azara.  "The chestnut stallion is Flame, he is a trained warhorse," she adds as a heads up for the equerry (stable master for a nobles or royals).   "You will probably get another warhorse coming, if you are the only stabling for people who visit the good Captain."

She pauses and looks the man in the eyes.  "now you would think, by just looking atthe palomino mare, that she is a fine lady's mount, But Sunny is also a trained warhorse." Azara drops her voice,  "Not everything you see is what you think it is."

With that she drops the lead ropes and Sunny and Flame stay as she turns and walks away.
Xander Bakura
 player, 178 posts
 Golden Eyes
Thu 23 Jul 2009
at 19:43
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The wolfbrother catches the pause, and hears what the man says very clearly. He doesn't seem too happy about it either-yet doesn't always consider himself a person. Xander grits his teeth and growls oddly towards the man, revealing his golden eyes just long enough for the man to see into them. His hands become fists for just a moment before he turns from him to follow after Azara. The look he sends to the man would even scare himself and little scares the wolfbrother.

WOLF
The wolf sniffs and finds Rai'el in the inn, looking up at the aiel curiously.

[private to Johanfk: 15:40, Today: Secret Roll: Xander Bakura rolled 27 using 1d20+7. Intimidate.]
Rai'el
 player, 582 posts
Thu 23 Jul 2009
at 20:12
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel was planning on joining you all for dinner, but since everyone seemed to have taken off and leave her she will stay put though no easy that Melina is out there without her.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:17, Thu 23 July 2009.

Azara
 player, 653 posts
Thu 23 Jul 2009
at 21:50
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"Now time for a bath and a change of clothes."  Azara heads back to the inn, "It would not be considerate to go to dinner without cleaning and changing to something less...traveled in."
Xander Bakura
 player, 180 posts
 Golden Eyes
Thu 23 Jul 2009
at 21:58
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander continues to follow Azara, watching the area and then well her. The man rubs his chin as they move back to the inn."I will wait for you in the main room of the inn then, Red."
Azara
 player, 654 posts
Thu 23 Jul 2009
at 23:18
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"Would you not like a warm bath and then change into your clean clothes?  You can hardly sit ath the lady's table with blood stains on your clothes."  He was wearing the same clothes he had fought in.  "River and I I will guard you while you bathe."
Darek Halchov
 player, 775 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 23 Jul 2009
at 23:32
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek moves to walk out and hearing Azara not want Ra'iel alone, he smiles at Melina, then says, "Ra'iel, you are welcome to join us. I wish to find a nice bottle of wine, or fresh fruit for the Lady of the House."

He'd have preferred time alone with Melina, but would not do so at the expense of leaving her near sister alone.

Once they have found a suitable hostess gift or gifts, since they were spending the night as well, Darek headed back and ordered a bath as well.
Rai'el
 player, 583 posts
Fri 24 Jul 2009
at 01:11
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I will have my bath and change," looking a Melina and then Darek, "I think you will represent us better without me."

"Xander, you smell of blood, Azara is right.  YOu need to wask Come join me itill be faster."

"Let Darek and Melina go find this present for the roof mistress of the Captain's house.  It is only proper that such a one is shown proper honor under her own roof."

Darek Halchov
 player, 776 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 24 Jul 2009
at 01:23
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek looked at Ra'iel, wondeing if she was going to assess Xander's worth for Azara.

As he and Melina leave the inn, Darek says, "Gifts to roof mistresses sound very similar to the custom of a gift to a host, usually the woman of a household. It's not uncommon to bring two items, something to be shared that evening, and something for the host to use another time."

"Such gifts can be more personal when you know someone better, even a nice bag of bath salts to a friend or relative. Wine, fruit, rare cheeses and such are excellent choices for anyone."

Xander Bakura
 player, 182 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 24 Jul 2009
at 04:53
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I washed before we came, and changed my clothing Red. But if you insist I wash again, and put something else on-I suppose I shall though I prefer not to. These clothes are rather worn but comfortable. And suit their purpose." The man tries to be as polite as he can though his voice is deep, serious and gruff. He watches Azara for a long moment."A hot bath may not be that bad..." He seems to soften up a very small amount and as Rai'el speaks he looks to her."I smell of nothing except perhaps some sweat. I would know, and I have not shed blood in quite some time. My own or others. I will not join you, and will take Red's offer..." Still he tries to be somewhat polite but he still has that gruff, serious tone. The wolf barks up at the man, almost as if scolding him as she sits down at Azara's feet.
Melina
 player, 441 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Fri 24 Jul 2009
at 06:43
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"A roof Mistress is a position that commands the highest respect from all.  Even her mate may be denied admittanceif he fails to pay proper respect to the roof mistress.  She can deny a clan Chief entrance to her roof."

"Is it the same for Wetlanders?  I have not had any opportunity to ever be meet a Wetlander under their own roof."  Melina queries Darek.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:12, Fri 24 July 2009.

Darek Halchov
 player, 777 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 24 Jul 2009
at 13:03
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek smiles. "It is not so different here. A husband that brings in someone his wife doesn't not want in the house surely pays in one way or another. That same husband, if a good husband, will help someone find the door if they cause too grave an offense."</DarkBlue>

This message was last edited by the player at 16:25, Fri 24 July 2009.

Melina
 player, 442 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Sat 25 Jul 2009
at 21:26
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Yes a good mate would," Melina heartily concurs.
Azara
 player, 655 posts
Sun 26 Jul 2009
at 00:09
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"For the sake of the lady of the house it would be good if you wash off the dust of our travels and put on some of the new things we bought."

"Raiel, this is not the Three Fold Lands, water is more plentiful, so go have your bath and then let us know and then we can go get our own baths.  I expect that as the shewolf is so fond of water that she would enjoy one too.  By the way I bought a brush for her, I thought she might like a good brushing. And I got some powder to kept keep fleas away."

This message was last edited by the player at 03:06, Sun 26 July 2009.

Darek Halchov
 player, 778 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sun 26 Jul 2009
at 01:48
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
darek smiles. "Marigolds, if you can find them, work very well for different bugs. Edible too."
Xander Bakura
 player, 183 posts
 Golden Eyes
Sun 26 Jul 2009
at 02:01
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"River will enjoy the brushing and the powder. I will wash up and change, but to the clothing of my choice and with Red and River at guard." The man shrugs, standing up more fully. Xander looks down to the wolf then to the others. He doesn't seem to thrilled.
Rai'el
 player, 584 posts
Sun 26 Jul 2009
at 03:21
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"It is true that they have no proper sweat tent. But I do not have to immerse myself in water to take a bath."

Raiel leaves and goes up to have her both more like a goo cleaning with water from the bucket and soap.  She rinses herself off and does indulge herself washing her hair as well.
Azara
 player, 656 posts
Sun 26 Jul 2009
at 05:08
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

When Raiel returns Azara will had a bathing tub taken into the room and hot water to be added to the well water to make it a plesant tempature.

"Girls first," She says as she heads up to the room.  "We," she says  pointing to the wolf, "will guard the door when you bathe."   Inside she closes the door, lays out a dress, one she had in Tanchico, and then strips.  She slips into the waner with a sigh.  It had been a long time since she had had a full bath.
Darek Halchov
 player, 779 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sun 26 Jul 2009
at 14:09
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek takes the chance to bath, then changes into clean cloths, black coat and pants.
Xander Bakura
 player, 184 posts
 Golden Eyes
Mon 27 Jul 2009
at 03:09
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
When everyone is doing getting ready, Xander goes to wash up and bath. He returns, wearing dark green pants and a loose fitting dark green shirt. The man is clean shaven as well. His clothing isn't the nicest but is clean and he looks more comfortable. The hafted axe is on his back once more, and he wears his cloak again. Definatly not one for dressing up to impress.
Melina
 player, 443 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Mon 27 Jul 2009
at 04:55
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Melina shares the bucket or bath with Raiel, or after her whatever.  Being Aiel either way is fine with her and Raiel.  Water is to precious to be wasted.  The abundance of water in the Wetlands is not something she has internalized yet.  She is still mindful of any waste of water or unnecessary use.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:46, Mon 27 July 2009.

Johanfk
 GM, 148 posts
Mon 27 Jul 2009
at 13:22
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
It took a bit more time than what they all had thought until they were fully done with their choirs, dressing and washing up. As they were the light outside had started to fade and it clearly was time to go.
Darek Halchov
 player, 780 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Mon 27 Jul 2009
at 14:18
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek looked around as they stepped outside, not afraid of the dark, but knowing it was easier to hide in shadows. Darek offered Melina a ride on Kiserai. If she declined, then he walked with her, leading Kiserai to the stable.
Melina
 player, 444 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Mon 27 Jul 2009
at 19:48
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I would ride with you," Melina accepts Darek's offer, and holds out her hand for him to help her up.
Darek Halchov
 player, 781 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Mon 27 Jul 2009
at 22:46
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek gently helps Melina into the saddle, then mounts himself and walks slowly down the street.

At the Captain's, he turns over Kiserai after helping Melina down.

(Unless they get attacked or something on the way.)
Xander Bakura
 player, 185 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 28 Jul 2009
at 01:24
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The wolfbrother follows after the others, and the wolf moves ahead of him. She darts about nervously. Xander looks about as well but more casually this time, trying not to fiddle with the axe on his back. He looks to Azara as the others ride, the moonlight flickering off his gold eyes and he turns away.
Johanfk
 GM, 150 posts
Thu 30 Jul 2009
at 19:45
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
As they came back to the Captain's home again the same man stood there by the stable, the moment he saw Xander his face become clearly paler and he quickly escaped towards the stable and out of sight. Also waiting for them were a maid who stood outside the door holding a lamp. As she saw them come she curtsied and held it looking down into the ground.
Rai'el
 player, 585 posts
Thu 30 Jul 2009
at 21:17
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Why did that one run away?" Raiel asks.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:10, Fri 31 July 2009.

Darek Halchov
 player, 782 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 31 Jul 2009
at 02:35
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek watches the man run away after looking at Xander. "Excuse me ma'am, might there be another stablehand?" He wondered why the man had run away as well.
Xander Bakura
 player, 187 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 31 Jul 2009
at 02:53
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Looks like he's seen a ghost..."Xander shrugs, seeming to not care that the man took off quickly after seeing the wolfbrother. The wolf looks up at him and then at Azara. The man looks to the maid and nods his head.
Azara
 player, 658 posts
Tue 4 Aug 2009
at 22:59
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara only watches the man run, understanding what had sent him hying off.  "Superstitions," she comments to no one in particular.
Xander Bakura
 player, 189 posts
 Golden Eyes
Thu 6 Aug 2009
at 02:47
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The man looks to Darek. "I know where the stables lie, so I can guide the remaining horses to it and tend to them if needbe." He glances towards Azara briefly. The wolf stands there at his feet looking around.
Azara
 player, 659 posts
Thu 6 Aug 2009
at 03:49
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"You two go on and will will meet you at the door."  Azara accompanies Xander, just in case she neede to intercede in dealing with stable personnel.

"Two hands make the untacking easier."
Darek Halchov
 player, 783 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 6 Aug 2009
at 03:57
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek nods, "Thank you." He wondered if he had something to say to Azara, or if he was just postponing going in.

Darek helps Melina off the horse.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:15, Thu 06 Aug 2009.

Xander Bakura
 player, 190 posts
 Golden Eyes
Thu 6 Aug 2009
at 04:03
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Tilting his head, he looks to Azara."I have two hands." Ok, looks like Xander is playing the fool. He looks back to Darek and nods, after moving to take the reins of the horses.
Melina
 player, 445 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Thu 6 Aug 2009
at 05:18
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Melina lets Darek asset her in dismounting sitting pillion of hte back o fhis horse was not all that comfortable or secure except that she could wrap her hands around his hard body.

"Two strong people. So different in many ways yet similar in others, neither walks a straight path."
Darek Halchov
 player, 784 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 6 Aug 2009
at 05:24
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek smiles and nods. "True of the best couples."
Xander Bakura
 player, 191 posts
 Golden Eyes
Thu 6 Aug 2009
at 07:19
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Gritting his teeth beneath his hooded visage, Xander grumbles a bit as he looks back at the others. He grips the reins tightly and heads for the stables but doesn't say a word. The wolf stays back with Darek, looking up at him with a curious look on her muzzle.
Darek Halchov
 player, 785 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 6 Aug 2009
at 13:22
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"What is it, girl?"
Johanfk
 GM, 155 posts
Fri 7 Aug 2009
at 20:56
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
After the first hand vanished a new one soon was called out and the horses was led into the stable with some hurry. The main curtsied again and said something with a voice to low to actually be heard and then turned and hurried inside. She seems to be more than a little shy.

[Private to Xander Bakura: The maid just said: "Please follow me."]
Darek Halchov
 player, 786 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 7 Aug 2009
at 21:04
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek smiles as the poor shy thing vanishes, wondering if they should have followed her inside.
Azara
 player, 660 posts
Fri 7 Aug 2009
at 23:22
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"Well. that solves that." Says Azara turning to follow Darek and Melina.
Xander Bakura
 player, 192 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 7 Aug 2009
at 23:38
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
For some reason, the man seems even more uneasy then before as the maid whispers something to him. Xander motions with his left hand for Azara to follow him as he goes to follow after the maid. The wolf's ears perk up and she barks at Darek's feet.
Darek Halchov
 player, 787 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sat 8 Aug 2009
at 01:20
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek smiles at the wolf, "Its good to have your ears," and follows after Azara and Xander, offering his arm to Melina and escorting her like the most important lady.
Johanfk
 GM, 156 posts
Mon 10 Aug 2009
at 18:52
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
You enter the house and sees the back of the main hurrying on ahead. As you enter you come to a large hall that has exits going both up a wide stair that is located in the middle of the to the second floor, straight ahead and left and right. She stops just in front of a double door on the opposite wall. Seeing you enter she pushes it open and announces.

"The guests has arrived." Inside is a long dining room that is occupied by a stout oak table with wooden chairs lining it. By the short end of the table the captain rises from his chair bidding you to sit down. All in all there are eight chairs but so far none except for the one the captain is using none is in used.
Darek Halchov
 player, 788 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Mon 10 Aug 2009
at 19:17
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek follows the others in, the hostess gifts on one arm and Melina (hopefully) on the other.

"Well met again, Captain. These are my companions." Darek proceeds to introduce each.
Xander Bakura
 player, 193 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 11 Aug 2009
at 00:45
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The man walks into the room slowly, axe still on his back. Xander adjusts his cloak, leaving the hood to hide most of his face. He remains close to Azara, and simply nods to the captain. The man seems relaxed though could be hiding it very well. The wolf tilts her head and looks up to Darek again, and lets out a quiet bark.
Darek Halchov
 player, 789 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 11 Aug 2009
at 00:50
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
OOC, Of course he would include the wolf, if he knows her name. :)
Azara
 player, 662 posts
Tue 11 Aug 2009
at 01:19
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara pats her leg to call the wolf over, if she does or does not Azara will look to her, "Well sweet one, you could let me know what name you want.  Xandar said the name River Wind fit you best, which I think is very nice, but to call you quickly we need a shorter name.  So here are some names I have thought of; River, Windy, Rain, and Splash.  Bark on the one you like, and slowly she repeated the names and waited for a bark.
Xander Bakura
 player, 194 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 11 Aug 2009
at 02:56
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Well then, the wolf doesn't bark when she hears the names oddly. She wanders over to Azara, ears flattened somewhat as she glances towards the captain then she looks up at the women. Xander watches the female wolf as well, curious at her antics."Red..." The wolf barks. Hmm. He speaks again."Mayhaps she prefers her whole name. Riverwind. Though she seems to like Rain."Another bark, abit quiet. He keeps looking around the room, very alert.
Azara
 player, 663 posts
Tue 11 Aug 2009
at 03:19
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara turns to the man of the house and does a proper curtsey. "Please excuse me sir, as I have yet to have met you formally.  I am Azara Draconholt, and this is Xander and Rain she points to the wolfbrother and the young wolf.
Xander Bakura
 player, 196 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 14 Aug 2009
at 21:13
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The man nods as he is introduced by Azara. His eyes trail from the captain to Azara for a moment, then to the others. He goes to pull a chair gruffly out for the woman, but remains standing himself. The wolf moves slowly over to Azara and sits at her feet.
Tim Fomin
Thu 20 Aug 2009
at 04:37
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Well met all of you." Captain Fomin said. "Please have a seat where you like, supper are soon to be served." As they seated themselves he too sat down again before addressing them again.

"I should say they I have never gotten a so high praise from the general towards anyone until this day. He never mentioned what you have done or what you are doing but I am to help you with what ever you need doing without asking questions. Well I'm an intelligent man, at least I try to act like one and to me that sounds very much like business either for or against the Dragon Reborn... so I ask you despite my orders... which is it?"
Azara
 player, 664 posts
Thu 20 Aug 2009
at 05:59
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"We work against Darkfriends," replies Azara in all truthfulness staring the officer straight in the face, knowing to tell of the Black Ahja was not an intelligence to share.

"Since none of us has meet the Dragon Reborn, we can not take sides when we do not know what the sides stand for."

SHe feels the wolf close and it is reassuring.
Darek Halchov
 player, 792 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 20 Aug 2009
at 14:48
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek looks to the man and smiles. "Like you, we wish to see the Dragon Reborn win at the Final Battle. The particular Darkfriends are, or were Ais Sedai. If you haven't heard yet, I'm sure you will learn of a battle in the camp. Some of those shielding the false dragon turned on their Sisters, brought in Trollocs, and I strongly suspect are working with a Male Forsaken."

Darek looked to Azara, knowing not whether she had meant to withhold information, or merely wished to not scare the man.

He looked back to the Captain. "Those who would fight against the Shadow have a right to know what they might face." Darek sits upright but relaxed in his long black coat with high collars. His sword rests at his hip.
Xander Bakura
 player, 199 posts
 Golden Eyes
Thu 20 Aug 2009
at 15:28
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The wolfbrother sends a odd glare at Darek for some unknown reason before he sits next to Azara. He hefts his axe off his back and leans it against his chair, leaving one hand on its hilt. The man definatly seems to be a bit edgy. In a gutteral, deep and serious tone, Xander speaks as he looks to the Captain."We are to venture south and need a boat for this task as it is the fastest route. How do things fare here so close to the Blight? Nothing faultering on the lines I suspect?" The words sound well like a Borderlander but with Xander's dirty blond hair leaves something out. He adjusts his hood, keeping his face mostly hidden. The wolf at Azara's feet shifts somewhat and sniffs before pressting her nose against her palm.
Melina
 player, 446 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Thu 20 Aug 2009
at 15:32
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Who is this the Dragon Reborn? His name has been mentioned several times now, but I really know nothing about why he is important to the Tarimon Gaidan."  Melina asks
Darek Halchov
 player, 793 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 20 Aug 2009
at 17:42
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek looks to Melina. "The one we saw battling in the air over Falme. He is the Dragon Reborn, he who will face the Dark One at the Final Battle."

OOC IN game, has he declared amnesty yet for male channelers?
Azara
 player, 665 posts
Thu 20 Aug 2009
at 18:11
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"So that was the Dragon Reborn?" no one had ever revealed that information before.  "He looked to be just a boy,"  Azara added.  "Being Dragon Reborn must be a burden for one so young."

Truth be told she was almost the same age as the Dragon Reborn.
Tim Fomin
Fri 21 Aug 2009
at 20:41
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Tim listened carefully to what they were saying.

"Then it was what I suspected then... well I won't ask for any details, the less I know the better." He turned to Xander on his question with a sigh.

"It is worse than you can imagine. The past six months we have been forced to retreat further back than we have done for a generation. The Shadow's spawns is everywhere and increases for each passing year."
Xander Bakura
 player, 200 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 21 Aug 2009
at 20:55
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The man stares for a long moment at Fomin. His eyes show somewhat now under his hood, the bright golden gaze on the man. He stands, hands pressed against the tabletop. In a deep, gruff tone-almost even a growl-he speaks."Retreat from the Shadowspawn? Borderlands do not retreat. We fight until there is no fight left in us. I have fought them countless time, seen many comrades fall to their blades. We need to stop their expansion at all costs as the Borderlanders are all that stands between the Shadow and their southern movement." Well, he seems passionate about this. And angry, perhaps even surprised."The Dragon must be found and kept safe, and the Borderlands brought together as a complete whole as well as other places who will rally to the call. I've never run from a battle, nor will I." Growl. His knuckles whiten and as he looks to Azara for a moment, his head lowers for some unknown reason before he slowly sits back down. The wolf at the womans feet barks at him.
Darek Halchov
 player, 794 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 21 Aug 2009
at 22:43
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek listened. It didn't surprise him after the many generations spent guarding the blight and losing sons, daughters, husbands, and wives. Still, they defended it not for their lands or families as much as for the Southerners.

Quietly he asked, "Is it not better to fight another day, than die today if there is a choice. The more warriors on our side at the Final Battle, the better everyone's chances."

Darek looks to Melina, offering a half smile. Sadness reflects in his eyes at the thought of her in the Final Battle. He would be there to protect her, knowing every channeler, fighter, gleeman, and wolf would be needed if the Light was to win. As Xander said, the Dragon mus be protected so that he could concentrate on defeating the Dark One.
Azara
 player, 666 posts
Sat 22 Aug 2009
at 03:44
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara puts her hand over Xander's, battle roughened back of his hand, "We are fighting, in a different way, and it is just as important a fight as if we stood between the Shadowspawn comming over the mountains from the Blight at the edge of the Borderlands."

There was s gentle sympathy in her eyes ad her voice. "Think no less of yourself because you go south away from the Borderlander's fight, for the Shadowspawn are everywhere."

She then turns to their host.  "I, for one, thank you for your invitation to dinner, Darek does well enought in the cooking area, but there is a difference in a home cooked meal compared to one cooked on the road."
Xander Bakura
 player, 201 posts
 Golden Eyes
Sat 22 Aug 2009
at 05:07
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I do not think less of myself, Red. I do what needs to be done and never run from a fight even if I may lose." Xander watches the woman for a moment longer."But the ones here along the borderlands at times...I feel need me more there then to the south, and I've never heard of a Borderlander to retreat." He seems to relax slightly at her touch then pulls away suddenly, almost as if burned. Odd. The wolf nudges him and the man looks to her then to Fomin.
Melina
 player, 447 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Sat 22 Aug 2009
at 05:51
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"The living fight battles, the dead cannot." Melina offers her  opinion.

"It is better to chose the time and place for you battles that gives you an advantage."

Not that the Aiel back done that often but neither did they throw their lives away needlessly in fights with other Aiel.  If necessary one became gai'shain, those pledged to peace in battle, who serve a year and a day and then return to their lives.  Fighting shadowspawn was another matter, entirely.

Melina met Darek's eyes and smiled.  She would not show any fear or sorrow  before him that would lessen who and what he was and what he must choose for himself.
Tim Fomin
Sat 22 Aug 2009
at 13:56
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Tim's eyes narrowed at Xander.

"And I understand you would want me to send all my men to certain death? Over the past five years the number of Shadow spawn had grown to at least three times their old strength, while those that stands against them gets fewer and fewer in numbers. Each years we are pushed further and further south as they take one stronghold after the other and if no reinforcements will come soon we will be over-run completely. Staying and fight in a battle that you can't win is no honour in itself, a meaningless death can never be."
Xander Bakura
 player, 202 posts
 Golden Eyes
Sat 22 Aug 2009
at 14:14
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"No. My apologies. It seems no matter what is done, it means little does it not? -All- the nations need to be brought together. I intend on dying fighting against the Shadowspawn, be it with allies at my back or alone. Perhaps I am just mad. Who knows. Perhaps the Borderlands is no longer my home..." Xander goes silent.
Darek Halchov
 player, 795 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sat 22 Aug 2009
at 15:00
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"It won't be alone. All nations must come together to fight the Dark One and his spawn. For too long, Southerners have enjoyed relative peace at the expense of the Borderlands. Most in the South think Trollocs and such are myth and tales to frighten little children."

"You have my thanks for being able to grow up in relative peace, to live to hunt these dark ajah, and reach the final battle if the Light and Pattern allow it."

Azara
 player, 667 posts
Sat 22 Aug 2009
at 15:41
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"I believe we weave our own Pattern,"  Azara says with a light in her eyes.  Maybe it was from the candles, maybe it was from inside, but recently she has come to feel that they were not so held to the old Pattern.  If the boy who fought in the sky was the True Dragon Reborn, then Tarmon Gaidon was near.

"There is still hope."
Xander Bakura
 player, 203 posts
 Golden Eyes
Mon 24 Aug 2009
at 17:37
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The wolfbrother rubs the area on his hand where Azara placed hers moments before. He looks to the woman for a moment then rests one hand on the table, the other near the hilt of his axe at his side. Xander looks down at the wolf then back to Fomin.
Darek Halchov
 player, 796 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Mon 24 Aug 2009
at 17:40
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek looks to the Captain. "What news have you heard lately?"
Tim Fomin
Mon 24 Aug 2009
at 19:53
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Seeing the reaction and hearing Xander's words caused Tim to fall silent, when he spoke again he still directed directly towards him.

"I'm sorry... I truly am. You are one of the few warriors we have at the borderlands that still makes a difference. It wasn't may intention to insult you or what you have done to these lands." The captain rose from his chair and bowed to Xander then turned to Darek.

"To much really. Rumours only, about strange people landing in west. About Shadow Spawns able to move all over the world in lightning speed. That Dragon Reborn is assembling an army... and so on. The rumours are so many that it is impossible to actually say what is true and what is not."
Azara
 player, 668 posts
Mon 24 Aug 2009
at 20:36
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara frowns, "Shadowspawn moving abouot like lightning is not news anyone would want to hear, but things have happened that lead me to believe that such a thing is plausible."  Like the arriaval and disappearencee of the Trollocs at the General's camp.

She lets her eyes wander the table.  "I do believe it is time for dinner."
Darek Halchov
 player, 797 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 25 Aug 2009
at 01:44
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"There are Seanchan to the West, with strange beasts and laquered armor that looks like insects," Darek says. That rumor at least they could confirm.

"A good dinner before a long trip is always a welcome repast."

Xander Bakura
 player, 204 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 25 Aug 2009
at 02:09
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Seanchan?" The wolfbrother looks over at Azara then to Mikael, eyes narrowed and showing a little under his hood. He then turns slightly in his chair to look towards Fomin."I lost a lot to the Shadow and I want to repay as many of them as I can before I pass on for what they stole from me. Once this is done, I will be at peace." The wolf barks at this statement from under the table for some reason.
Melina
 player, 448 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Tue 25 Aug 2009
at 05:24
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"We do what we where we are whenever we are needed.  Now it is elsewhere.  IT has been long since I have seen my home and family. I sometimes wonder if they believe I am dead.  I am not but...."

Melina's voice trails off. and she turns to regard Darek her eyes searchin ghis.
Rai'el
 player, 589 posts
Tue 25 Aug 2009
at 05:26
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"We will go home eventually, That I promise you Melina." Raiel who had been hundering down quietly behind the others rises to stand near Melina;;s shoulder.
Azara
 player, 669 posts
Tue 25 Aug 2009
at 06:26
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"Seanchan can be dealt with, with kid gloves.  I have done so already and I know enough to get by with them.  They are a strange people, even though they profess to be descendents of Artur Hawkwing."

"Raiel, even I wish to see the Threefold lands, the home of my mother.  I....it is the only place I can think of that might be a home for me."
Darek Halchov
 player, 798 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 25 Aug 2009
at 13:16
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek sets his hand upon Melina's. "The Light willing, we shall journey there when this current threat is dealt with."

OOC  When we gain levels and can gate about. :)
Xander Bakura
 player, 205 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 25 Aug 2009
at 15:02
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Your mother was Aiel?" Xander looks surprised. And little seems to phase or surprised the stone-faced man. He then grows quiet once more, looking around cautiously, glancing to Azara.
Azara
 player, 670 posts
Tue 25 Aug 2009
at 17:58
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"Tall," she pipes "Red-haired," she point to her flaming golden red hair.

"Yes, I'm half Aiel." Azara says realizing it was a secret she had held for a long time."

"Mother had been a Maiden of the Spear until it was found she could channel and she became a Wise One. Then she ventured into the Wetlands for some reason of her own, and was caught in a flash flood. Father found her at the end of the Aiel wars, she had beeen clinging to a log in a river and when she regained consciousness she had no memories of who she was and where she was from.


"He fell in love with her and they married and then I came.  As I grew, Father noticed that she began to teach me to use a bow and short spear. Bit by bit her memories revealed themselves.  They kept the secret from others. I have kept it ever since Mother died of the Red Fever and then Father told mebefore he died of the feaver.  Father aaalso warned me that his family would not like it that I was part Aiel, so I never revealed my secret.

Azara pauses at the painful memory.

There was a half haunted look to her as she remembered those years of loneliness, relugated to the back rooms of the great manner house, mainly left on her own.  Later she was only valued as a marriage prize to some slack-jawed idiot of another great house.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:40, Wed 26 Aug 2009.

Xander Bakura
 player, 206 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 25 Aug 2009
at 18:52
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The wolfbrother listens to Azara, golden orbs shown slightly below his hooded visage. He nods slowly, grumbling something under his breath and goes to rest a hand on her own then stops."So different, yet a lot alike." He pulls his hand away and leans back in the chair, one hand on the hilt of his axe perhaps just out of instinct and the other finding the neck of the wolf and rubbing it. The wolf barks again, watching Azara.
Azara
 player, 671 posts
Wed 26 Aug 2009
at 05:47
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"I ran away from the lap of luxury and found the best friends I could have ever met."  She relplies with a more cheery tune.

Grr.....rumble.

Azara looks about a bit embassassed as her stomach growls more loudly.  They had a quick breakfast and quicker lunch and she was hungry.  Anyway when you were eating, you could not talk.
Johanfk
 GM, 161 posts
Wed 26 Aug 2009
at 20:27
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
As they mentioned dinner your host gave the signal for the food to be brought in. It was food in plenty, too much for you to be able to eat and yet... this was only the first dish of five... once you were done, three hours later you had eaten so much that you almost felt that you would never ever wanted to eat again.
Melina
 player, 449 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Wed 26 Aug 2009
at 20:31
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Melina was surprise by all the food,  She taste everything but did not eat big portions.

"You have been a generous host, May you always find water and shade and in my tent you will be my quest.
Darek Halchov
 player, 799 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Wed 26 Aug 2009
at 20:41
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek looks to the captain, surprised when the food starts but the Captain's wife is not here to eat.

"I suppose these are for you then," Darek says with a smile as he offers the freshest fruits he could find and wine to go with them as hostess gifts.

Darek savored each meal, eating more than he probably should have. He tried to discern the ingredients and seasonings used, pausing if there was something he couldn't identify.
Xander Bakura
 player, 207 posts
 Golden Eyes
Wed 26 Aug 2009
at 21:04
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Seeing the food come out, Xander eyes it suspiciously. The wolf on the other hand licks its muzzle, her mouth watering as she eyes the meat. The man takes some of the food, taking a minor amount of fruits and vegetables but a large portion of meat. He sniffs it a few times, taking some ale if available and drinking slowly. He takes a leg of some lamb and moves it to his mouth but the wolf barks. He looks down at her, shakes his head but holds it down to his canine friend whom in turn gnaws on it rather hungrily and lets out another bark. The man eats his own food at a slow pace, watching the others as he does so in between bites and sips of his drink.
Rai'el
 player, 590 posts
Wed 26 Aug 2009
at 21:22
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel has developed a sweet tooth, Never has she know such a variety of food serve at one time.  While she eats meat she  she focuses on the vegetables and especially fruits and any sweet tars or pies.  sampling everything, though she does not overeat.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:36, Fri 28 Aug 2009.

Johanfk
 GM, 168 posts
Fri 28 Aug 2009
at 06:40
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The group are then shown to their rooms after the captain bids them good night and leaves. The rooms in themselves are two bed bedrooms in which they separate the men and women without really asking if anyone was married or not.
Darek Halchov
 player, 801 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 28 Aug 2009
at 13:04
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
When the group is shown to their bedrooms, Darek mentions softly to Melina, "Ward your door and windows." If she can not, then he will.

Once inside their room, Darek looks around, checking where the window leads, if there is one.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:44, Fri 28 Aug 2009.

Xander Bakura
 player, 208 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 28 Aug 2009
at 15:52
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
In the room where Xander now stands, he paces about looking as if on edge. The wolf if allowed to accompany him, seems to be the same as she watches the man. He places a hand to the axe on his back, perhaps for some semblane of reassurance.
Azara
 player, 673 posts
Fri 28 Aug 2009
at 17:10
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara sets out her clothed for morning and carefull repacks her dress. She slips into the smaller bed, leaving the bigger bigger one for Melina and Raiel. "He is a very complex man," she comments to no one in particular.  SHe even surprised herself by voicing her thoughts to the Wolfbrother.
Rai'el
 player, 593 posts
Fri 28 Aug 2009
at 22:33
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel makes sure that Melina is settle then picks up her pack and goes to the door.  I will be just down the hall for a moment or two.  I will scratch on the door when I return."

"Can you ward this place or shall I ask Darek to do so."


Raiel moves down the the room given Darek and Xander and scratches on the door.  When the door opens she steps into the room and removes the slightly bedraggled bunch of flowers and leaves she has stached in her back pack.

"I have come to show you how to make a bridal wreath. Learn quickly for then I will place to check around the outside of this place.  I like to know where I am and what my options are."

Raiel casts a glance over at Xander.  "Perhaps you will want to do so too.

Raiel hunkers down close to where Darek sits and begins to show him how to braid the wreath.  She weaves a base of leaves, vines and grey-green sage.  "Now you can use whatever flowers you want,  Few of the ones we are familiar with grow here in the Wetlands."  She stands and prepares to leave.  "You lay it at her feet if she ignores it then she is not interested, if she picks it up she is."
Darek Halchov
 player, 805 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 28 Aug 2009
at 22:48
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek smiles. he had thought ther'd do this on the ship. "So, if she picks it up, we are engaged as a couple, eventually to be wed, or merely dating?"

he had thoguht they already were, but wanted to make sure what the wreath meant.
Xander Bakura
 player, 213 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 28 Aug 2009
at 23:00
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The man turns to the door as Rai'el walks in with the flowers and the intent on showing Darek how to make a bridal wreath. He says nothing for the moment, watching the two of them and shakes his head."I intend to have no bride, for now is not the time nor the place. Nor is this wreath part of my customs." Well he's blunt and to the point, honest perhaps."You are to scout the area? Be wary. I feel something isn't right. When you are ready Rai'el, go. I will catch up." Brooding? Maybe. He goes to the door and opens it as River looks to Darek and tilts her head.
Darek Halchov
 player, 806 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 28 Aug 2009
at 23:18
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"What, would you like a bed of flower?" he asks River. He wondered whether the flowers and sage smelled good to the wolf.
Xander Bakura
 player, 214 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 28 Aug 2009
at 23:22
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"She wants to know if she should stay here with yourself and Rai'el or come with me. Apparently my friend has taking a liking to Red. I wish to go speak with her, then check out the area. I do not like being inside for very long, nor does she at times. Something about this place bothers me, I do not know what." Xander waits.
Darek Halchov
 player, 807 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sat 29 Aug 2009
at 00:33
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Well, she is welcome to stay with is if she wishes. Her instincts might give us more warning should someone attack."

"We will soon be heading down river."

With nimble fingers used to slicing and dicing, and practice at weaving saidin, it takes little time for Darek to learn to weave a bridal wreath.
Rai'el
 player, 594 posts
Sat 29 Aug 2009
at 04:04
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel frowned, Men that can channel wee rare amongst her people and if a man developed the curse he went away into the Blight by himself.  To weave a bridal wreath with the One Power did not set well with her traditionalist view.

"You should do that with your own hands. If thorns prick you fingers remember that always that, beauty and pain are both parts of it all.."

"Do what you will though, I will go out to search around as well."
Quick strides took her to the door and then out of the house.
Darek Halchov
 player, 808 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sat 29 Aug 2009
at 05:32
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
He did weave it with his hands. The practice at weaving saidin was referring to being used to weaving. That and nimble fingers made him quick to learn to breaid the bridal wreath. He didn't use saidin to do the weaving.
Johanfk
 GM, 170 posts
Sun 30 Aug 2009
at 11:39
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
PM

[Private to Xander Bakura: Far away... almost as far out as Xander is available he can feel a wolf call out in its death struggle before it is silent for ever.]
Xander Bakura
 player, 215 posts
 Golden Eyes
Sun 30 Aug 2009
at 17:50
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The man pauses at the door and turns in a seemingly random direction. Xander's hood slides down to his shoulders, and oddly tears fill the strange man's eyes. He literally growls, hands clenching tightly as he seems to stare in the direction. And for seemingly no reason, he slams a hard pressed fist against the wall before turning towards the door again.

[private to Johanfk: Any inclination what caused the death and what direction? North/South/East/West ect?]
Darek Halchov
 player, 809 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sun 30 Aug 2009
at 22:41
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek is unsure what has caused Xander's outburst. He is a complicated man to get to know. Darek looks to Riverwind, to see if she shows signs of the man's distress.

He looks back at Xander, an open look on his face to show he is there to listen if Xander wants to vent or talk.
Xander Bakura
 player, 217 posts
 Golden Eyes
Mon 31 Aug 2009
at 06:01
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The man pauses, looking as if in pain. Xander watches Darek for a moment, blood on his hand where he punched the wall rather hard. He flexes it a few times to make sure nothing was broken probably and pulls some bandages from his pack and wraps it before stepping out of the room. River looks to Darek and barks, ears flattened against her skull. The man goes to where Azara is and knocks on the door."Red..."
Darek Halchov
 player, 811 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Mon 31 Aug 2009
at 13:59
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek gets up and walks out into the hall, following Xander. "Perhaps Melina and Azara will keep me company while you scout. If something is to attack, better we are in groups."

Neither Melina nor Azara are helpless, but if someone does attack, they would all stand a better chance together.
Xander Bakura
 player, 218 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 1 Sep 2009
at 00:04
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I wish to speak with Red in private and then I shall go scout the area, leaving River behind with you, Melina and Red." Xander speaks still in a bit of a growl, seeming very aggitated."Rai'el should not be out alone." Perhaps the man is worried about her. Or perhaps not. It is hard to tell.
Rai'el
 player, 597 posts
Tue 1 Sep 2009
at 00:13
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel's egress from the house, of course, is not normal.  She slips out of an upstairs window and to the roof.  Using all her training and abilitu as a Far Dareis Mai and a scout she moved over the roof,  Her soft boots making no unnecessary sound with her careful step.

Raiel surveys the grounds around the house and all possible avenues of escape alleys, other roofs, streets, anything place where danger could issue from and safety might be found.  Her dark grayish cadinsor allowing her to move in the darkness of the night and from shadow to shadow.
Darek Halchov
 player, 812 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 1 Sep 2009
at 00:15
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"No, she shouldn't but she tends to do as she wishes," Darek says with a smile. Darek goes with Xander, not wanting to leave Marina alone. Xander could speak with her in the hall, or back in their room, then see her back to the room.
Xander Bakura
 player, 219 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 1 Sep 2009
at 00:17
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The man pauses, turning to stare at Darek. His eyes are still tear-ridden, hood down on his shoulders and he looks well upset, angry and a mix of other emotions. He pulls his hood up to hide his face once more, the hand he punched the wall with in a fist for some reason."As do I Darek, as do I." The wolf moves to stand by the wolfbrother, ears flattened and she rubs up against his legs.
Darek Halchov
 player, 813 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 1 Sep 2009
at 00:19
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I hope the Light watches all of us when we rush off." After all, didn't adventurers do as they pleased most times, traveling the world when most were settled down.
Rai'el
 player, 598 posts
Tue 1 Sep 2009
at 06:05
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel let her eyes adjust to the darkness before surveying her surroundings.  She used her ears as well as her eyes to penetrate the darkness, with only the starlight, any moonlight and a such window that had ligt radiating form them.

Raiel became still--at one with the night and shadows.
Xander Bakura
 player, 221 posts
 Golden Eyes
Mon 7 Sep 2009
at 01:39
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Red?" Xander goes to open the door, unsure if it is locked and he knocks again. His golden eyes shift to Darek, slightly from under his hood. River shifts uneasily."I'd prefer to have a trusted friend to watch my back and I have few, besides the wolves." He winces a bit as if in pain.
Darek Halchov
 player, 815 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Mon 7 Sep 2009
at 03:39
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I know the feeling. If you want and allow it, you've got 4 here will watch your back and call you friend." Darek smiles at the wolf, "and you and your kin as well," he adds.

A few months ago, he'd have never thought he'd be talking to a wolf, expecting she understood, yet he has no doubt of it now. Animals, like his Kiderai, had their own intelligence and keow those they could trust.

He hoped the wolf would accept them all as friends but if not, he would help her as he would any friend both because she is a friend of a friend, and because he knew true friendship and trust could and would take time.
Xander Bakura
 player, 222 posts
 Golden Eyes
Mon 7 Sep 2009
at 19:58
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"In one moment, if she does not answer...I'm going through the door. Literally." Xander seems somewhat aggitated and perhaps even worried as Azara hasn't answered. He looks to Darek and nods slowly."My friends have a tendency of passing on, Darek. My life is about fighting and defending the Borderlands and the wilderness from the Shadow. The wolves are my family...and yet I search for another purpose." Perhaps a reason to live more fully. Who knows. River looks up at her friend and barks.

[private to Johanfk: 16:11, Today: Secret Roll: Xander Bakura rolled 25 using 1d20+10. Listen Check.]

This message was last edited by the player at 20:11, Mon 07 Sept 2009.

Darek Halchov
 player, 816 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Mon 7 Sep 2009
at 20:09
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Friends do part as their lives take different paths, but remain friends."

Darek looks to the door, a worried look passing across his face as well. "Do you hear anything?"

Darek listens, but knows the other two had better hearing.

12 on listen check

This message was last edited by the player at 20:10, Mon 07 Sept 2009.

Azara
 player, 675 posts
Tue 8 Sep 2009
at 02:11
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Azara had been busy singing a favorite song and brushing her hair.  Normally kept up it was down and loose, falling ing a riotest tumbbe of red gold curls over her shoulders and down her back well passed her waist.  She thought of cutting it on a number of occaasions, but her mother and her fathere had always love her hair, and the longer the better.

Pausing between verse and chorus, she heard the knock on the door.  Melina seemed to be meditiating so she went to the door, but not without taking up her sword and opening herself to the One Power.

When she open the door with her left with her left hand, her sword was behind her in her right.

She recognised the voice as he spoke to someone, Darek from the sound of the other voice.

The door open and Azara looked out on an agitated Xander.

"What is wrong?" she said bringing the sword out in front of her, an odd sight for someone dress in a nightgown and an robe.
Xander Bakura
 player, 223 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 8 Sep 2009
at 02:18
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
One minute the man is stone faced, and the next his face is reddened and stone face. Little emotion creases Xander's visage as he lowers his hood and looks to Azara."I would like to speak with you in private and then I shall go find Rai'el and scout out the area. Something about this place bothers me. Perhaps being so close to the Blight again or something...else." He makes a slight fist with his bandaged hand and glances at Darek and River before turning to Azara once more. He looks back to Azara, eyes seeming to stare through her and barely blinking. Odd.
Azara
 player, 676 posts
Tue 8 Sep 2009
at 02:30
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"Darek, you can keep Melina company and I will speak to Xander here in the hall."

"Once Darek has gone into the room, she looks to Xander.  For one so young she had a way of looking at people as if she were a Wise Woman.  SHe is straight forward and to the point.

"What is troubling you?"
Darek Halchov
 player, 817 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 8 Sep 2009
at 02:34
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek is relieved when the door opens, and at Azara's urging, enters the room. he moves over and watches Melina in her meditation, not wanting to disturb her.
Xander Bakura
 player, 224 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 8 Sep 2009
at 02:40
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander steps into the room to speak with Azara. He rubs his injured hand idly, his gaze never leaving her even for a moment. The man leans towards her to whisper something to the women and after a moment stops and looks around the room. River stands near him, sniffing a few times with her ears perked up.

[private to Azara: We both lost our families, in different ways. My own I will trust you will tell others-were killed by a Fade when I was rather young. The wolves raised me, taught me their ways. They are my family. There will come a time in which I will perish fighting the Shadow. I cannot avenge my parents deaths, but my father taught me to fight. And I feel my other gifts were brought about with time with the wolves. And by my mother. I cannot tell you who she was, but simply you are similar in some ways yet different. You do not remind me of her, but you both have the same strength. My father never left her side, not even for a moment as if he could sense her. They were bonded...]
Azara
 player, 677 posts
Tue 8 Sep 2009
at 02:51
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"I understand."  It was a simple enough statement but it said so much more.  Both of them had been displaced as children. Many times she felt her father did not really die of the fever, but because her mother was gone from him side.

SHe put out a hand on his  "Best not to perish," she replied to his unsettling statement, "It is time to lives beyond the demise of that Shadow and see the final victory of the Light.  Your foster family will need you."  She reaches down a scratches Riverwind behind an ear.

When not other words came to her that were right to say she adds simply.  "I think you got the better foster family."
Xander Bakura
 player, 225 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 8 Sep 2009
at 03:03
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Can you do what she did?" Xander makes no note of whom he speaks of, his gaze turning back to Azara, a serious look in his eyes but yet a caring one. Shifting like sand, odd. River's nose nudges Azara's hand lightly as well."When the time comes and it will, Red...River will lead the pack. She may be the runt but she is far wiser then most realize. Even for a wolf."
Azara
 player, 678 posts
Tue 8 Sep 2009
at 03:13
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara goes thoughtful as she looks within herself and pulls together knowledge of what he speaks of.   "Wolves, hawks, swans and a number of other animals become life mates. I have seen it in the birds of prey my family kept.  She looks down to Riverwind.  "One day she will choose a mate......for life."

"Can I do that?" she looked up into Xander's ruggedly handsome face. "I do not know, but I believe my parents were bonded and I would love to think I could find someone I could bond with.....Light willing."
Xander Bakura
 player, 226 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 8 Sep 2009
at 03:18
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Something we should keep secretive..." Xander watches the women, glancing towards Darek and Melina for a split second then back to her."Perhaps it would easy my mind. A new purpose. I defend others from the Shadow..it is what I have been bred to do for all my life. To fight. To not be attached and yet, the ones I knew the best-were not themselves unless with eachother. It sounds odd yes?" The words come out almost like a growl, deep in tone."If you wish to do so, then so be it."
Azara
 player, 679 posts
Tue 8 Sep 2009
at 03:51
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"Why secretive? The lobo and the she-wolf do not hide their attachment, their playfulness, their love and their devotion."

She waits for that to jell in his mind.

Azara looks to the young man, and yet old in his own way. "Few are bred for anything, though each of us are tried and tempered, and if we persever though all that life gives and takes from us, we are what we are because of choice, the Light grants us that, choice.  Choices are not always easy, yet we can change our minds when we realized the one road is ending and there is a need to change roads."

Her thoughts whirled as she remembers the first few encounters she had had with this enigmatic man. Almost from the beginning someething about him tugged at her. Even now she felt overhelmed by her own racing emotions. Why was it she was feeling as it she were racing down the rapids of a river in a small canoe?  Something her father enjoyed from his boyhood, though her mother did not ever join them.

"I can only hope that I will be on that road with you."  The words tumbled out over her lips without conscious thought of speaking.
Xander Bakura
 player, 227 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 8 Sep 2009
at 04:04
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"One thing I do know...Aes Sedai I am sure would not look at it too kindly." Xander mutters to the woman, eyes narrowed slightly."I was bred to fight and defend, and it is also my choice to do so and all I really know. I hunt. I kill. I protect." He seems to tense and turns to look towards the door, but no sooner does his gaze leave her then it returns."Blood and ashes...." Growl, grumble. Out of instinct, he goes to rest a hand on her shoulder, a heavy hand.
Azara
 player, 680 posts
Tue 8 Sep 2009
at 04:15
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Xander, I am not an Aes Sedai.  I am Azara, daughter of an Officer in the Andorian Army and a Far Dareis Mai.  I can channel, but I am no part of the White Tower, so I do not care what they think,"

"If I were a she-wolf, you would be the male I would choose, knowing your hunting skill would keep my cubs fed, myself and my cubs safe from harm by killing those would would threaten me and mine and protected from the dangers of the world."

"I am sure Riverwind would want the same."
Xander Bakura
 player, 228 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 8 Sep 2009
at 04:20
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I know you are not Aes Sedai, I just would not want this to put you in danger. Putting myself in danger-that is what I do, or so it happens as such that way." The burly, gruff man continues to watch her and nods."You are not a she-wolf, nor am I a wolf..though I am not in my eyes fully human either." He rubs his chin."I will do everything in my power to stop the Shadow, to protect others from the Shadow...and protect you." River barks at Azara and then walks around the room, sniffing.
Azara
 player, 681 posts
Tue 8 Sep 2009
at 04:42
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I can find danger well enough by myself,"  replied Azara the is a bit of bounced to her voice, as if she found she needed to lighten things up.

"I promise to do the same."
Xander Bakura
 player, 229 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 8 Sep 2009
at 04:45
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The man whispers something to her then turns to walk out. River stays in the room, moving about curiously and poking her nose into things.

[private to Azara: You may bond me if you wish and I will protect you. OOC: Do you know Bond Warder lol!]
Azara
 player, 682 posts
Tue 8 Sep 2009
at 17:10
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
For more than a moment Azara just stands there, a flumoxed statue.  Then her cheeks flame as she realizes that what Xander had been hinting at was not what she thought.

"OH!" she squeaks out and finally turns, her face as red as her hair.

She goes to her bed sets the rapier beside it, and sits with a plop and begins to brush her hair vigoriously after picking up her hair brush.

Talk about going down the wrong road, she thought embarrassed by her final revealation of wht Xander had been trying to say to her.  He offered to be her Warder, though she had no way of knowing how that was done.  It was something taught to Aes Sedai she was ssure, but she was a wilder.

One other point caught in her mind, Xander's parents, if she had not completed misread what he had said of them, then his mother was an Aes Sedai and his father was her Warder.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:59, Tue 08 Sept 2009.

Johanfk
 GM, 174 posts
Tue 8 Sep 2009
at 20:48
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
PM

[Private to Xander Bakura: Far out in the edge of Xander's mind a wolf cries out as it dies... cut down.]
Xander Bakura
 player, 230 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 8 Sep 2009
at 22:14
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The man stands there surprised after hearing the 'Oh'. He turns and walks over to Azara, kneeling down before the woman and moving to rest his hands on her knees for a moment before moving them quickly as if burned. He adjusts the well-made axe on his back, watching the women intently."Are you al..." Before he even finishes, he grits his teeth and his eyes open wide. The golden orbs reflect the light quickly as his hood falls to his shoulders. He lets out a growl as if in pain and stumbles back away from her and against the wall before his eyes close, his breathing heavy.

[private to Azara: OOC Xander doesn't carry a warder sword. He has a well-made somewhat odd looking hafted axe on his back, sometimes carries a bow and quiver, and usually has two hand axes at his sides, some daggers in his boots hidden from view.]
Azara
 player, 684 posts
Wed 9 Sep 2009
at 00:20
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Now it is her turn to go to him.  Xander, I accept your protection.  I do not know the Bonding Weave, but when I learn it I will tell you. Now Please go and join Raiel, I will be safe with Riverwind as your proxy.
Melina
 player, 452 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Wed 9 Sep 2009
at 00:54
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Melina walked  over to Darek.

"I didn't think it would be proper form me to listen in when he so obviously wants to speak to her alone.  He is a strange man but it seems he heart is good. Just as I know yours is." Melina finished laying a hand over Daarek's heart.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:24, Wed 09 Sept 2009.

Darek Halchov
 player, 818 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Wed 9 Sep 2009
at 01:46
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
They had stepped into the hallway to talk when Darek went in.
Xander Bakura
 player, 233 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 11 Sep 2009
at 06:17
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The man stares blankly as Azara, sweat rolling down his face as if he's seen a ghost. Slowly, Xander regains his composure."Another wolf has been slain. Cut down. The Shadow I fear is coming...." He stands up, watching the women still."I should go."
Azara
 player, 685 posts
Sat 12 Sep 2009
at 06:15
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"Be careful, you and Raiel stick together, she good at covering one's back."

This message was last edited by the player at 16:28, Sat 12 Sept 2009.

Xander Bakura
 player, 234 posts
 Golden Eyes
Sat 12 Sep 2009
at 14:10
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Oh the hell with it....blood and ashes." Xander turns to Azara and goes to pull her close to him. He leans in to kiss her passionatly, his hood falling to his shoulder as he does as such. He stands there for a moment watching her before moving to the door. The man opens it and slips out without another word as River stays in the room, staying behind. The wolfbrother sniffs the air a few times and goes in search of Rai'el.

[private to Johanfk: Going to try and sense if any other wolves are nearbye and try to find out their emotional state if able.]
Azara
 player, 686 posts
Sat 12 Sep 2009
at 16:36
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
In reply to Xander Bakura (msg #475):

To say she was dumbstruck was an understatement.  For many moments she just stood there feeling his lips on hers and the fire of passion that was in them. Within her was an answering fire and she leaned into him as her own fires leaped to meet his, even into her eyes.  So when he ended the kiss her eyes were aflame.

After he leaves Azara finally came back to herself and sslowly mover to change into the clothes she set out for tomorrow and made sure everything was packed and ready to go.  She decided to sleep in her clothes, if she could sleep at all right now, to be ready, incase, of what she did not know.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:45, Sun 13 Sept 2009.

Xander Bakura
 player, 235 posts
 Golden Eyes
Sun 13 Sep 2009
at 19:03
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
PM

[private to Johanfk: You rolled 24 using 1d20+5 ((19)) Search check + any bonuses from Scent]
Johanfk
 GM, 177 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Mon 14 Sep 2009
at 18:35
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
PM

[Private to Xander Bakura: You can feel a pack quite far away in the edge of your ability to sense them. They are hunting deer. From what you can feel there are no wolves... fighting.]
Xander Bakura
 player, 236 posts
 Golden Eyes
Mon 14 Sep 2009
at 19:39
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander goes to slink into the shadows, moving quietly and hidden as best as he can while searching for Rai'el.

[private to Johanfk: I will send them a mental warning, telling them not to go in the direction of where the wolves that were killed were/are and try to keep in tabs with them and Riverwind (my wolf).15:41, Today: Secret Roll: Xander Bakura rolled 26 using 1d20+10. Listen Check. 15:40, Today: Secret Roll: Xander Bakura rolled 21 using 1d20+12. Spot Check. 15:40, Today: Secret Roll: Xander Bakura rolled 18 using 1d20+11. Move Silently. 15:40, Today: Secret Roll: Xander Bakura rolled 13 using 1d20+11. Hide Check. ]

This message was last edited by the player at 19:41, Mon 14 Sept 2009.

Darek Halchov
 player, 819 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Mon 14 Sep 2009
at 20:18
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek takes the hand over his heart and holds it, saying nothing for a while. "I imagine living in the waste is a lot like this, expecting attack every hour of the day and night, afraid to sleep too soundly, lest you not awaken from a Trolloc chopping off your head."

Darek looks to the door to the Hallway, then gets up and moves to the window, looking out through the curtain into the night.
Melina
 player, 453 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Tue 15 Sep 2009
at 02:18
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"We learn to sleep with one eye open at a young age." says Melina as she looks to Azara and ponders the strange behavior of the Wolfbrother.
Darek Halchov
 player, 820 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 15 Sep 2009
at 13:43
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek notices Melina looking at Azara. "When one expects to be forever without a mate, suddenly finding one who takes your breath away and entangles your soul as easily as look at you, well it can be wonderful and painful at the same time."
Melina
 player, 454 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Tue 15 Sep 2009
at 17:07
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Melina, moves over by Darek, she takes his arm and leans into him and whispers in his ear.

"From their first meeting there has been something between them something strong and powerful linking them in a way no Aes Sedai can be linked with her Warder.  I feel the Light has blessed them with with a bond, a very rare, but utterly natural one. Even now she redresses and prepares as if she can feel the unease he is feeling."

"As you say it can be wondrous and, I would not say painful, but disconcerting at the same time.  I feel Xander, as a lone soul fought it more, which I believe lead to this scene.   Xander is a very dynamic man and Azara is so young and having never dealt in a male female relation, from everything I have learned of her life before she took to the road, she is not fighting it like I believe Xander was and a bit still is, yet she is bewildered by the bonding. There is not doubt in my mind as to what I have seen concerning them. They have a bond."

She lifts her lips to Darek's and give him a quick kiss.
Darek Halchov
 player, 821 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 15 Sep 2009
at 19:06
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I would not doubt it either," Darek says as he returns his kiss, holding it longer this time.
Melina
 player, 455 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Wed 16 Sep 2009
at 02:34
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
In reply to Darek Halchov (msg #484):

After the kiss is broken, Melina stays near Darek.  We will keep a vigil tonight, we can sleep on the ship later.
Darek Halchov
 player, 822 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Wed 16 Sep 2009
at 03:26
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"We will wait til the others get back, then seal the room. There can be trouble aboard a ship too."
Xander Bakura
 player, 237 posts
 Golden Eyes
Wed 16 Sep 2009
at 19:42
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Out of sight assumingly and quietly, Xander continues his search for the Aiel as he makes his way out of the house if not stopped.
Rai'el
 player, 599 posts
Thu 17 Sep 2009
at 02:31
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Raiel moves from shadow to shadow moving as Aiel move when scouting.  She pauses and points and just listens, before moving on.  She does keep a look out for the Wolfbrother as she scouts.
Xander Bakura
 player, 238 posts
 Golden Eyes
Thu 17 Sep 2009
at 04:09
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander sniffs the cool, crips night air. He moves in the direction of the Aiel like well a wolf hunting.

WOLF
River stays near Azara, looking up at her occasionally. She rubs up against her leg once in awhile perhaps in re-assurance and moves to look out a window. Once in awhile, she looks towards the door, ears flattening.
Azara
 player, 687 posts
Thu 17 Sep 2009
at 05:34
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara will pet her if she wants, but then opens herself to the One Power to enhance her senses.

"Darek," she whispers, "I thought you mentioned something about the Captain having to tell his wife about us coming to dinner.  If that is so where was she during dinner.  There were servants to serve, so she had no reason to not be at the table."

This message was last edited by the player at 05:38, Thu 17 Sept 2009.

Johanfk
 GM, 179 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Thu 17 Sep 2009
at 11:59
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
ooc: I leaves it up to Rai'el and Xander to find each other.
Darek Halchov
 player, 823 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 17 Sep 2009
at 14:08
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I don't know. It seemed odd to me. I suppose she may have come down ill, but for the captain not to have mentioned her seems odd."

Darek thinks for a moment. "Let's go and stick together. something seems odd, and I'd prefer to investigate. Riverwind, can you let Xander know we are on the hunt?" Darek wasn't sure how deep their connection, but their did seem to be one between them.

OOC Had to go back and double check. The Captain did say he needed to let his wife and servants know.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:13, Thu 17 Sept 2009.

Azara
 player, 688 posts
Thu 17 Sep 2009
at 15:49
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"First," Azara says, you need to gather your's and Xander's things, though I have noticed he does not carry much.  "Second, we need to be ready to get to the out of here. If things go wrong we need to get to the horses."
Darek Halchov
 player, 824 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 17 Sep 2009
at 15:58
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek looks at Azara funny. None of them carried much, his belongings with him. "You are beginning to sound like an Ais Sedai, treating men as if they haven't the sense to take their belongings with them."
Azara
 player, 689 posts
Thu 17 Sep 2009
at 16:22
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"I am not," she flashes back a retort, "I am no Aes Sedai."

The red rising in her cheeks could almost rival her hair.
Johanfk
 GM, 181 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Thu 17 Sep 2009
at 17:12
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Azara suddenly freezes still looking at you and then falls forward into your arms from what Darek can detect unconscious for no apparent reason.

[Private to Azara: I will post your personal thread about this...]
Darek Halchov
 player, 825 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 17 Sep 2009
at 17:23
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek immediate embraces saidinand weaves a master ward around their small group.

OOC

Did he sense any saidin woven, or see a knife sticking out of azara's back?

level 4 Master ward, 5 foot radius centered on Meline, Darek, and Azara.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:26, Thu 17 Sept 2009.

Johanfk
 GM, 184 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Thu 17 Sep 2009
at 17:29
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek quickly checks Azara but can't see any reason why she have collapsed.

[Private to Darek Halchov: No you didn't felt anything.]
Darek Halchov
 player, 827 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 17 Sep 2009
at 17:38
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek ties off the weave and tell Melina, "Help me check her. I didn't sense saidin, did you sense Saidar?" Darek looks around as he speaks, trying to see anyone that may be hiding at the window or outside the door (shadows under the door)

OOC

Natural 20 on Spot. 13:38, Today: Darek Halchov rolled 23 using 1d20+3. spot.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:39, Thu 17 Sept 2009.

Melina
 player, 456 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Thu 17 Sep 2009
at 17:46
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
In reply to Darek Halchov (msg #499):

"She was embracing Saidar to enhance her senses I believe, but that is all."  Melina hurries forward and drops to a crouch beside Azara and check her condition.
Johanfk
 GM, 185 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Thu 17 Sep 2009
at 17:47
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
PM

[Private to Melina: That is correct you didn't felt anything else. Please use weaves or skills...]
Darek Halchov
 player, 828 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 17 Sep 2009
at 17:53
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Do you suppose it could be she and Xander are that closely linked?" Darek checks over Azara with Melina to help move the body, and as a second pair of eyes.
Melina
 player, 457 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Thu 17 Sep 2009
at 17:53
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
In reply to Johanfk (msg #501):

PM
[Private to Johanfk: 10:52, Today: Melina rolled 27 using 1d20+14. ]
Johanfk
 GM, 187 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Thu 17 Sep 2009
at 17:58
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The wolf how had stood there watching everything ran out through the door.

[Private to Melina: You find absolutely nothing wrong with her, from what you can see she would be sleeping.]
[Private to Xander Bakura: It will find you about five minutes later.]
Darek Halchov
 player, 829 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 17 Sep 2009
at 18:00
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Seeing the wolf run out, Darek wonders even more if something has happened to Rai'el and Xander. Still, he wouldn't just leave Melina and Azara here.
Rai'el
 player, 600 posts
Thu 17 Sep 2009
at 18:24
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

The Wolfbrother would be following her scent, that is why she backtracked and waited in the shadows.  Silently, like a would padding across the Three Fold Land he passed her.

"Here," she whispered.
Xander Bakura
 player, 239 posts
 Golden Eyes
Thu 17 Sep 2009
at 21:54
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The wolfbrother pauses, eyes opening wide as he stands before the Aiel. For some reason, he draws his massive axe. Double-handed and gripping it so tightly his knuckles are white, he growls and his eyes narrow as he looks back towards the house as he senses the wolves emotions coming from within and getting closer. He hunches forwards somewhat, looking like a animal prowling."We need to go back now. Danger. River is searching for us as we speak. Something is amiss. I had a feeling something wasn't right about this place. If Azara is injured or worse...." He turns to the Aiel."Someone will /pay/." Yeah. He's angry. Very angry, his voice coming out in a deep grunt and growl as he seems to just let his bestial instincts kick into overdrive. The man goes to run to the house, moving to go literally through the door if locked as if not caring about what may await on the other side.
Rai'el
 player, 601 posts
Fri 18 Sep 2009
at 02:14
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Trouble with Azara, could mean trouble with Melina, Rai'el sprints after the Wolfbrother.
Azara
 player, 693 posts
Fri 18 Sep 2009
at 04:03
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara looks up into the golden globe and points to it,  "Get me that globe."

She then looked up into the worried faces and sits up.
Johanfk
 GM, 193 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Fri 18 Sep 2009
at 12:30
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
PM

[Private to Azara: You light it with a simple weave of spirit. Then to shift colors and such you use fire.]
Darek Halchov
 player, 833 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sat 19 Sep 2009
at 00:15
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Do we see a globe? What is Azara pointing at?
Johanfk
 GM, 196 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Sat 19 Sep 2009
at 00:27
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
As people look up to where Azara points you see a golden globe that is used to throw off light from a ring of candles that stands in a circle around it. Everything is set together in a construction that hangs in the ceiling. Just stretching you have no problem of taking it down.
Darek Halchov
 player, 834 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sat 19 Sep 2009
at 01:06
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek looks at the globe as Melina reaches for it, not sure what Azara would want with a candle globe.

"What happened to you?" he asks Azara.
Azara
 player, 695 posts
Sat 19 Sep 2009
at 02:58
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
In reply to Darek Halchov (msg #514):

"...I have two dreams about that thing, it is from a very old time, it is a sourcee of light."

She reached out and took the globe from Melina.
Darek Halchov
 player, 835 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sat 19 Sep 2009
at 03:01
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek looks to Melina, not understanding what Azara is talking about. "Two dreams? Sourse of Light?"
Azara
 player, 696 posts
Sat 19 Sep 2009
at 03:07
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
In reply to Darek Halchov (msg #516):

Azara contemplate the globe, if no meathod to activat it come to her she will try air, fire, and then spirit to activate it.  She did not think that earth or water weaves would do anything for it, but if the others did not work than she would try them.

Air and fire did nothing, but when she tried spirit it began to glow.
Darek Halchov
 player, 836 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sat 19 Sep 2009
at 03:09
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"How.. how did you know that is a ter'angreal? And what would it be doing here? And why did you pass out?"
Azara
 player, 697 posts
Sat 19 Sep 2009
at 03:16
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"Can't say why I passed out," she said, "I really did not notice the globe until after my dreams."  She is thoughtful for a moment.  "Just before I passed out I got angry, I said I was no Aes Sedai.  But my first dream was of being an Aes Sedai, A Novice or Accepted because she/I was afraid to challenge a sister and tell her that shes wrong about the globe, afraid of being sent to the Mistress of Novices.  She believed that the globes were not rare but very common in an earlier time."

She then went back and started again to channel other flows into the globe, Air again and then fire.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:29, Sat 19 Sept 2009.

Darek Halchov
 player, 837 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sat 19 Sep 2009
at 03:18
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek intied the Master Ward he had woven. "I passed out when I first channeled. This dream, could it have been more than a dream?"
Johanfk
 GM, 197 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Sat 19 Sep 2009
at 07:10
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Suddenly the globe flare and is turned to life bathing the whole room in intense white light. Shortly after the intensity of it is lowered until the light is just perfect almost as if you were standing in broad daylight.

[Private to Azara: As you start to weave into the globe a familiar feeling comes for you
and suddenly you just know how to do it. Weaving a tight weave of Sprit and Fire activates the globe fully.
]
[Private to Melina: You see Azara weaving a strange weave of Spirit and Fire into the thing just as it activates.]
Darek Halchov
 player, 838 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sat 19 Sep 2009
at 13:49
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek covers his eyes when the light flares, then stares at it in wonder. "That could defintely come in handy."
Azara
 player, 698 posts
Sat 19 Sep 2009
at 15:06
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"Yes it will be," says Azara almost as surprised as the others.  "Now, I do believe we need to deal with the conundrum of the missing wife.  I was thinking that we should just leave, but I would not wish to leave the with us not knowing why she was not at dinner."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:29, Sat 19 Sept 2009.

Xander Bakura
 player, 247 posts
 Golden Eyes
Sat 19 Sep 2009
at 16:22
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The wolfbrother continues moving as fast as possible, axe still drawn while looking for Azara and Riverwind.
Darek Halchov
 player, 839 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sat 19 Sep 2009
at 21:04
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I hadn't wished to pry, thinking she may have taken ill, or not been pleased to have company but perhaps we should investigate."
Johanfk
 GM, 202 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Tue 22 Sep 2009
at 07:06
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
ooc: To further the story... Xander comes back...
Xander Bakura
 player, 251 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 22 Sep 2009
at 11:38
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Looking angry and worried, Xander opens the door into the room where the others are rather roughly. Axe held in his right hand and hood down to his shoulders now, the man stops in his tracks."What happened?" He moves over towards Azara, Riverwind following shortly afterwards.
Darek Halchov
 player, 841 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 22 Sep 2009
at 16:22
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Smart girl," Darek says as he loosk to Riverwind. "I thought we were under attack when Azara passed out face first. It seems to be something inside her. We were just about to head out and find out where the lady of the house is. It seemed odd that she wasn't at dinner after the Captain said he had to let her and the servants know we were coming."
Xander Bakura
 player, 252 posts
 Golden Eyes
Wed 23 Sep 2009
at 04:24
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I see. Then I will help you find her. If she can be found, I will do as such. Do we know where she was last seen?" Xander stays close to Azara, watching Darek then back to the women."What did happen?" Riverwind looks up at Darek, and barks once then sniffs around the room.
Azara
 player, 699 posts
Wed 23 Sep 2009
at 06:49
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara. looks to into the rugged face of the man, "This happened," she held up the golden globe.  I seems I gave me some memories from long ago.  I way just telling Darek I was not an Aes Sedai when I passed out and had two dreams about this light globe, or one like it.  Thing is I never really noticed it until I was on the floor looking up and so it."
Darek Halchov
 player, 843 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Wed 23 Sep 2009
at 14:00
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"We haven't seen here. The Captain mentioned her when we first met him earlier."
Azara
 player, 700 posts
Wed 23 Sep 2009
at 16:34
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I suggest we find the servants quarters--usually on the top floor, as the are the easiest to intimadate--and that we take everything with us."

This message was last edited by the player at 16:35, Wed 23 Sept 2009.

Darek Halchov
 player, 844 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Wed 23 Sep 2009
at 17:18
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"There is a as good as the cellar for holding captives." Darek didn't mention that if Darkfriends or worse were involved, corpses couldn't identify anyone.
Xander Bakura
 player, 253 posts
 Golden Eyes
Wed 23 Sep 2009
at 17:23
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Perhaps we should question the captain of the whereabouts of his wife." Xander's voice is a deep grunt, and a bit of a growl as he listens to Azara and the others."Dreams, Red? They can be good...or bad."
Darek Halchov
 player, 845 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Wed 23 Sep 2009
at 18:45
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"The direct approach," Darek says with a rather wolfish grin. "I like it."
Xander Bakura
 player, 254 posts
 Golden Eyes
Wed 23 Sep 2009
at 19:17
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I do not like this place. Something just is not right. I got the feeling the first time we stepped foot in this city, and I've been here before. Something is off, and I do not like it." The voice remains a growl, followed by a grunt. Xander puts his axe onto his back sheathe."It is possible his wife was busy with other issues...but...I do not think so."
Darek Halchov
 player, 846 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Wed 23 Sep 2009
at 19:48
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I do not think so either. At first I thought she might have fallen ill, or been to visit a sick friend. The Captain didn't explain, even when I mentioned her, so I think we should check."

Darke waits for Xander to lead the way, then follows behind the others with Melina in front of him. Even here, they could be attacked from behind so Darek kept watch for ambush as they walked to see the Captain.
Xander Bakura
 player, 255 posts
 Golden Eyes
Wed 23 Sep 2009
at 19:58
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Come." Its hard to tell whether he's asking her or ordering her but his tone is serious. Xander looks to Azara as he says this then moves to the door with Riverwind following close behind Darek. He pulls his hood up to hide his face and opens the door, sniffing strangely.
Rai'el
 player, 605 posts
Thu 24 Sep 2009
at 02:22
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Rai'el falls in before Melina so that she was safely between herself and Darek.  Xander led and Azara was right after him sword out and ready. Rai'el spears were at ready and she noticed that Azara moved to give her a clear path to move up if necessary.
Melina
 player, 459 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Thu 24 Sep 2009
at 02:24
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Melina was ready to reach for the Source as needed. She knew Rai'el and Darek would see she was safe.
Johanfk
 GM, 206 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Thu 24 Sep 2009
at 12:06
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
They moved through the house only to find... nothing. All that they could find was two servants that looked very surprised when they saw them.

ooc: Everyone roll Listen.
Darek Halchov
 player, 848 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 24 Sep 2009
at 14:00
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek is surprised that they haven't found anyone. He stops when they find the 2 servants and waits for Xander or Azara to question them. He looks behind the group, listening for the conversation.

OOC
09:59, Today: Darek Halchov rolled 7 using 1d20+3. Listen.
Xander Bakura
 player, 256 posts
 Golden Eyes
Thu 24 Sep 2009
at 14:23
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander stands there next to Darek, hand on his axe hanging on his back. The wolfbrother grunts a few times and looks down at Riverwind, shaking his head.

OOC Man the dice roller hates me today. 11 on Listen for the wolf and me. 11 for a search...3 for River...
Azara
 player, 702 posts
Thu 24 Sep 2009
at 18:05
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Hates me too--at least for listening.

11:00, Today: Azara rolled 18 using 1d20+6. Diplomacy.
10:59, Today: Azara rolled 10 using 1d20+4. Listen.
 


Azara steps up, "Good Evening, she says as if there were nothing untoward about their being out of their rooms, "we have decided to leave for our riverboat earlier that expected and wished to thank our host and hostess for their hospitality."

This message was last edited by the player at 02:45, Fri 25 Sept 2009.

Xander Bakura
 player, 257 posts
 Golden Eyes
Thu 24 Sep 2009
at 22:54
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The wolfbrother shows his eyes ever so slightly, a grin on his face as he stares at the two people while Azara speaks with them. Xander is obviously not in a good mood, the roomlight flickering off the golden orbs, and a bit of a growl coming from him. Riverwind looks up at the man with some curiousity.

[private to Johanfk: 18:52, Today: Secret Roll: Xander Bakura rolled 26 using 1d20+7. Intimidate.]
Azara
 player, 703 posts
Fri 25 Sep 2009
at 02:47
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara lightly places her hand on his, a feathery touch at the most.
Melina
 player, 460 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Fri 25 Sep 2009
at 09:21
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
GM rolling for Melina

"Did you hear that?" Melina asks and stops dead. "Someone just broke up the front door." She doesn't wait for any reaction from the others instead she starts to move quickly towards the front door.

The servants looks at her questionable clearly not about to hear anything... as the rest of you.

ooc: 11:14, Today: Johanfk, on behalf of Melina, rolled 20 using 1d20+8. Listen.
Darek Halchov
 player, 849 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 25 Sep 2009
at 13:53
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Whether someone had broken in the door or not, Darek was not about to let Melina go on her own. Faster than even her near sister could follow, Darek stepped quickly, to be in front of Melina as the moved to check on the front of the house. Darek embraced saidin, disgusted and wanting to vomit dinner, but estatic with the almost painful ecstasy of it.

OOC

Is the stairway off the main hall/room where the front door is?
Xander Bakura
 player, 258 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 25 Sep 2009
at 14:47
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Stay with Red, girl." Xander doesn't move immediatly from Azara's touched but he seems unnerved. He watches the woman for a moment."I will be back. Be careful." With that said, the man pulls his hood up once more to hide his face and ducks out of the kitchen but strangely not towards front of the building but out the backway through the kitchen.

[private to Johanfk: Moving to go around to the front quick as possible. I got: Hide of 25, Move Silently of 28, Spot of 22 and Listen of 25. Not sure what the negatives for moving while hiding but should be alright!]
Azara
 player, 704 posts
Fri 25 Sep 2009
at 16:06
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara embraces Saidin, "Where is the Captain and his wife?"  Her voice is commanding as she quickly turns to the servants again.
Johanfk
 GM, 207 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Sun 27 Sep 2009
at 18:16
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The servants looked at Azara not answering right away before they gave an answer.

"They should be in their room by now... you can't disturb them..." The man said, giving up his most commanding tone. Melina halted as Xander spoke out not really sure what to do looking at Azara for some support, not wishing to run away by herself.

ooc: Yes.

[Private to Xander Bakura: They will most likely move faster than you so I will see what they will do before giving you what happens...

"You move outside..."
]
Darek Halchov
 player, 850 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sun 27 Sep 2009
at 20:59
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Since only unfriendlies would be breaking in the door, Darek wove air, to partially block the door from the front room to where they now were.

Darek motioned toward the door(s) he blocked, not wanting to make too much noise, he whispered, "Hard air, except hole in middle to weave through."

It sounded like he was telling the women to do it, but guessed they would know he just had.

OOC Harden air to block the door, except for a round opening mid height in the doorway for weaves to go through.

If there is more than one door from the main room, he blocks both.

using 1st level weaves, but 0 level slots with affinities.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:48, Mon 28 Sept 2009.

Azara
 player, 705 posts
Mon 28 Sep 2009
at 01:26
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"And would you not warn you captain and his wife that someone in breaking into his house?  Quickly, one of you go warn them."
Xander Bakura
 player, 259 posts
 Golden Eyes
Mon 28 Sep 2009
at 02:30
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander draws his axe and moves as quickly and as quietly while hiding towards the front of the house from outside.

Riverwind stays close to Azara, growling at the front door.

[private to Johanfk: Ok.]
Johanfk
 GM, 212 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Wed 30 Sep 2009
at 19:02
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
As Xander comes to the front door he sees it totally bashed in the door laying off its hinges inside in the hall.
Xander Bakura
 player, 260 posts
 Golden Eyes
Wed 30 Sep 2009
at 19:06
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Slowly and carefully, Xander moves to the door and peers inside, hood still up. His knuckles whiten as he grips his hafted axe, ready to swing it at a moments notice. The man sniffs a few times, body lowered slightly as if on a hunt.

[private to Johanfk: Looking into the building through the door, sniffing and trying to see if I can sense anyone around, spot any tracks, ect. Got a Listen Check of 22 and Spot of 30!]

Rivermind stays close to Azara, growling at anyone she doesn't recognize who comes near, her fur sticking up on her back.
Johanfk
 GM, 215 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Sat 3 Oct 2009
at 12:04
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
As Xander looks inside he just spots a trollock standing just inside and beside the door its weapon raised attacking him as he comes inside.

ooc: Roll initiative and your actions.

You others can roll listen to detect the brawl starting.

Darek Halchov
 player, 851 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sat 3 Oct 2009
at 12:40
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
OOC Listen 18

IC With the doorways blocked to the intruders, Darek looks into the front room.
Xander Bakura
 player, 261 posts
 Golden Eyes
Sat 3 Oct 2009
at 19:58
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
OOC Iniative: 16. Attack Roll: 22. Damage Roll: 14

Xander growls loudly as he moves through the door, in hopes he has caught the Trolloc off-guard. He swings his hafted-axe hard at the creatures swordarm, trying to cleave it in two! With a yell almost like a howl "Let's play." as his axe sinks into the beasts flesh.

Riverwind begins to bark and growl in the direction of Xander.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:59, Sat 03 Oct 2009.

Johanfk
 GM, 217 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Thu 8 Oct 2009
at 17:49
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
ooc: was waiting for the others... but here goes. Those in the room hear the crash of the falling thing.

Hitting the trolloc where it felt it Xander actually sent it reeling backwards and the large creature; something that looked like a crossing of a bird and a wolf crashed to the floor and laid still.
Darek Halchov
 player, 852 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 8 Oct 2009
at 20:38
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Was waiting to see what Darek saw when he looked into the room. Was thinking of using hardened air to capture the sneaks, depending on what he saw.
Xander Bakura
 player, 262 posts
 Golden Eyes
Thu 8 Oct 2009
at 22:50
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander growls, haunched over angrily as the Trolloc smashes to the floor. The man moves towards the downed foe quickly like a crazed animal and taking the axe double-handed as normal, swings it down onto the creatures neck as if to try and severe its head from its body. He then looks about, sniffing the air as if expecting more to emerge.

Riverwind begins to bark and growl in the direction where the Wolfbrother is.

[private to Johanfk: 16 to hit the Trolloc, 15 Damage (maxxed it out!) 18 Spot/19 Listen.]
Azara
 player, 707 posts
Fri 9 Oct 2009
at 19:19
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
As Azara sees into the room she strikes out with Harden Air enough to incase the head and shoulders of any standing Trolloc, that way they would be unable to use their weapon while suffocating.

2:20, Today: Azara rolled 15 using 1d20+6. Init.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:22, Fri 09 Oct 2009.

Rai'el
 player, 607 posts
Fri 9 Oct 2009
at 20:27
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel moves to defend Melina and Azara from any attack.  Her spears weave a whirling shield of razor sparp spear t as needed since Darek free to use wither the One power or his sword.


13:10, Today: Rai'el rolled 15 using 1d20+8. Init .
If she has an opponent
13:11, Today: Rai'el rolled 12 using 1d20+8. Attack 1.
13:13, Today: Rai'el rolled 7 using 1d6+2. Dmg 1.
13:12, Today: Rai'el rolled 5 using 1d20+3. Attack 2.
13:14, Today: Rai'el rolled 6 using 1d6+2. Dmg 2.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:14, Fri 09 Oct 2009.

Melina
 player, 461 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Fri 9 Oct 2009
at 20:48
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Melina also readies Harden Air and wraps it around the head of any Trolloc or enemy that she can see.

13:45, Today: Melina rolled 16 using 1d20+1. Init.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:15, Fri 09 Oct 2009.

Johanfk
 GM, 220 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Sat 10 Oct 2009
at 14:26
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander seperated the head of the trolloc with one large cut killing it instantly. As the others moves out from their room the are faced with three trollocs that are walking in line through the corridor. Forced to cramp together in the narrow passage they clearly have trouble of fighting.

The first one in line falls to his knees fighting against the hardened air enclosing on his head and he flails trying to fight against the invisible bound that has him. Rai'el has quiet an easy target and her spear hits the trolloc twise, blood oozing out from it before it falls to the floor. The second in line taken care of Melina just as the first one was by Azara.
Xander Bakura
 player, 263 posts
 Golden Eyes
Sat 10 Oct 2009
at 14:36
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander draws a smaller axe from his belt while holding the hafted one in his right hand. Growling, his eyes narrow as he goes to move through the house, room by room searching for more Trollocs while keeping a eye out for the others.

Riverwind grows, her fur sticking up as she seems to want to tear the Trollocs limb from limb while staying close to Azara to 'protect' her.
Darek Halchov
 player, 853 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sat 10 Oct 2009
at 14:46
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek weaves hardened air through the hole in the hardened air blocking the doorway to encase the last trolloc.
Johanfk
 GM, 221 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Tue 20 Oct 2009
at 04:13
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The trollocs fell to the ground thrashing trying to breathe but it was impossible to do so and would die if kept held.
Azara
 player, 709 posts
Tue 20 Oct 2009
at 04:38
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"We must check the rest of the house and call out a warning to alert the town."
Xander Bakura
 player, 267 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 20 Oct 2009
at 12:08
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander continues to move room to room, looking for any other Trollocs or a Fade to contend with while keeping a look out for Azara and the others.

Riverwind stays near Azara, a low growl coming from her at a constant pace.
Darek Halchov
 player, 856 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 20 Oct 2009
at 12:49
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek ties off his weave and checks the rest of the house with Xander after untieing the hardened air blocking the the door into entry.
Azara
 player, 710 posts
Tue 20 Oct 2009
at 17:47
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

If the servant thsy had meet seem to go off into a part sof the house she will go that way hoping they did go to the rooms of the captain and his missing wife.
Johanfk
 GM, 224 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Wed 21 Oct 2009
at 12:38
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The servants is in chaos and run around not helping you, if anything making the whole thing worse. The search through the house proves fruitless, no other shadowspawn can be found in the area. But as you are assembling again you hear a scream coming from the room you had your supper followed by a high wailing of a woman crying in grief.
Xander Bakura
 player, 271 posts
 Golden Eyes
Wed 21 Oct 2009
at 12:49
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Hefting his hafted-axe upwards and still covered in the blood of Trollocs, Xander runs towards where the scream is coming from and goes to literally move through anything that gets in his path letting his animalistic instincts kick into overdrive while Riverwind continues to stay near Azara to protect her if needed. The wolf's back haunches up slightly, and a deep growl comes from the small wolf. Teeth bared and ready.
Darek Halchov
 player, 860 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Wed 21 Oct 2009
at 13:05
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek hurries into the room, expecting to find a dead body or two.
Azara
 player, 711 posts
Wed 21 Oct 2009
at 17:27
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara moves in Xander wake, she runs lightly, still holding the One Power and concentrates on Harden air as it is so useful, offensively and defensely.
Melina
 player, 462 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Wed 21 Oct 2009
at 18:07
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Melina turns her head toward the wailing sound.  :I think we have been betrayed, whether by the wife or the captain  I do not know.  We must be careful.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:28, Thu 22 Oct 2009.

Johanfk
 GM, 227 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Sun 25 Oct 2009
at 11:11
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Hurries through the house you come back to the dining room just to be met by a grouse sight. Hanging from the ceiling in his intestinal hung the captain very dead. Laying across the table was a cut up trolloc, as you enter the room you see no sight of any other creature here but obviously there had to... unless the trolloc died after the captain had died.
Darek Halchov
 player, 861 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sun 25 Oct 2009
at 13:09
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Suspecting this was done with the One Power, Darek, still embracing saidin, examines the scene, looking for any weaves, cuts from weaves rather than weapons, and hardened air or other weaves. He quickly moves into the next room to look as well.

09:07, Today: Darek Halchov rolled 13 using 1d20+3. Knowledge One Power.
09:07, Today: Darek Halchov rolled 18 using 1d20+11. weavesight.
Johanfk
 GM, 228 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Sun 25 Oct 2009
at 14:13
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek looks around but can't feel any weaves present, that it is the One Power used is quite obvious as he start investigate the scene.
Darek Halchov
 player, 862 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sun 25 Oct 2009
at 16:44
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Clearly the one power," Darek says to the others, "The Trolloc killed after the Captain. The question is, why?"
Xander Bakura
 player, 272 posts
 Golden Eyes
Sun 25 Oct 2009
at 17:24
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The smell of blood and carnage filling his nostrils, Xander growls loudly. He looks up at the hanging captain, eyes narrowed. Pulling his hood back, the wolfbrother moves around the room seeming to examine everything and seems to just taking it all in. Remaining hunched over, he kneels down and traces a hand on the floor then the wall. The man does this a few times here and there before moving to the captain in a attempt to cut him down and throw a sheet over him, muttering something."With all I have hunted, this has disturbed me the most. Someone..or something far more evil then a trolloc. More sinister. It does not make sense. Perhaps a Fade but from what I have seen, it would make no sense for them to do something such as this. And where is the captain's wife?" Riverwind growls, remaining close to Azara.

[private to Johanfk: Spot 29, Listen 15, Search 17. Wilderness Lore needed? I do get some bonuses from tracking from scent and whatnot, up to your discretion. Examining the scene. I should have picked up Knowledge (Shadowspwan)]
Darek Halchov
 player, 863 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sun 25 Oct 2009
at 17:36
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek shakes his head, not knowing where the Cpatin's wife is. "We need to keep searching. She could be dead or worse."
Azara
 player, 712 posts
Sun 25 Oct 2009
at 17:54
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"Fade yes, or more," whoelse could have killed both the Captain and the Trolloc. Azara also scans for the telltale remnants of weaves, their objective might be female, so Darek would not pick up anything in his search for the residue of saidar.

"WHO screamed?"  She asked aloud.
Rai'el
 player, 608 posts
Sun 25 Oct 2009
at 18:01
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel hunts for herself.around the dead Captain's body.  The Trolloc's dead body was first. She looked for it sigil usually fasten to the breast,

"Treachery over treachery." Raiel says loud enough for the others to here.  This night may well entrench us here and let the Dark Sister get  further  away from us.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:03, Sun 25 Oct 2009.

Johanfk
 GM, 230 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Mon 26 Oct 2009
at 15:45
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
PM

[Private to Xander Bakura: Searching around Xander finds a faint female foot print leading towards the door leading to the kitchen.]
[Private to Rai'el: You find no sigil on it.]
[Private to Azara: You sense no residue at all.]
Xander Bakura
 player, 273 posts
 Golden Eyes
Mon 26 Oct 2009
at 19:44
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The man stays bent over, examining something after wrapping the sheet if found around the captains body. He mutters something perhaps some sort of prayer before moving towards the kitchen."Footprint. Female in size. Kitchen. Must have slipped by somehow. Melina, follow behind me then Darek. Azara and Rai'el take up the flank. River...stay close to them. Watch the back." Now he's giving orders? Looks like it. The gruff, obviously angry man growls somewhat as he heads towards the kitchen. He checks the axes at his belt and then grips the massive hafted axe in his hands tightly.
Azara
 player, 713 posts
Mon 26 Oct 2009
at 23:42
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara takes up the flank with Raiel. "I felt no use of Saidin," she informs the others.
Darek Halchov
 player, 864 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 27 Oct 2009
at 00:14
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek follows along, holding saidar.
Johanfk
 GM, 231 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Tue 27 Oct 2009
at 07:48
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The group moved with care towards the door.

[Private to Darek Halchov: Someone is holding Saidar]
[Private to Xander Bakura: With his sharpened hearing Xander can hear what sounds as fighting behind the door.]
Xander Bakura
 player, 274 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 27 Oct 2009
at 11:44
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander pauses for a brief moment, head tilted towards the right side as he gets to the door. He sniffs a few times, the wolf as well seeming to copy him before he speaks."Move swiftly and be ready. Combat behind the door." Gripping his axe tightly, the wolfbrother goes to kick the door open and duck down in case something flies at him and he moves into the room.
Darek Halchov
 player, 865 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 27 Oct 2009
at 12:41
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Someone holds saidar," Darek cautions quietly as he waits for Xander to kick the door open.

OOC

Is there a keyhole to look through first?
Melina
 player, 463 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Tue 27 Oct 2009
at 20:23
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Melina, open herself to Saidin,  links with Darek lending him her strength. She tried to imagine who or what may be channeling Saidar within  The sweet power filled her as she passed her power on to Darek.
Darek Halchov
 player, 866 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 27 Oct 2009
at 22:29
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek grasped Melina's flow, not knowing what to expect, but fearing the worst. A small part of him was excited that he might see new weaves. He'd be more excited if they weren't likely to be directed at them.
Azara
 player, 714 posts
Wed 28 Oct 2009
at 02:53
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara looks about to see if she can find another way into the room where Darek says someone is holding Saidar, but that was for male Channelers, were they following a male? She will run to any ajoining room to look for a door into the room in question.
Johanfk
 GM, 232 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Thu 29 Oct 2009
at 21:35
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The door is almost torn from its hinges due to the violent kick from Xander. Inside is a pre room to the kitchen holding plates and a few tables to line up the food that is to be served a guard and a woman is struggling he holding a knife in hand fighting to stab it in her and she fighting to divert it from her. As they enter the woman looks directly at Darek her eyes widen and the guard is thrown of her flying through the room landing hard in the wall of the other side as she rises.

[Private to Darek Halchov: The woman holds saidin.]

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:19, Fri 30 Oct 2009.

Darek Halchov
 player, 867 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 29 Oct 2009
at 21:57
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
[Private to GM: Does she hold saidar or saidin? I'm thinking saidin if Darek senses it.]

Darek wastes no time, weaving hardened air around the woman and ties it off. he immediately begins weaving a Master ward around the woman.

OOC

Not sure if we got a surprise action or not. Sounded like the woman was prone when we came in, and threw the man off her, then got to her feet.
Azara
 player, 716 posts
Fri 30 Oct 2009
at 00:45
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara added her own harden air and also ties it off.  It the woman was using Saidar than she might not be able to break her harden aire using Saidin.
Xander Bakura
 player, 275 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 30 Oct 2009
at 01:45
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Running into the room, Xander almost plows into the woman and man fighting eachother. When the guard is launched across the room, he grips his axe tightly in both hands and looks as if ready to cut her in half just as Azara and Darek move to wrap her up in their weaves. He backs away, glancing towards the guard."What in blood and ashes is going on? I want answers and I want them -NOW-!" His voice booms out and he is definatly ticked off, a growl coming from him, golden eyes visible from under his hood that falls to his shoulders. His axe drips with the blood of Trollocs still, clothes slightly tinged with it as well.

[private to Johanfk: Well that roll sucked. 9 Intimidate. Rolled a damn 2 lol.]
Azara
 player, 717 posts
Fri 30 Oct 2009
at 02:54
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara faces the woman, "Open your mouth without our permissions and you die."

Though Azara is no wolf Brother/Sister she too has the same golden eyes as Xander.  She aims the point of her elegant longsword at the ladies throat.  "The jugglar vein is soooo vulnerable, Shadowspawn."
Melina
 player, 464 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Fri 30 Oct 2009
at 03:56
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Melina moves forward to the guard, in case he need healing.
Rai'el
 player, 609 posts
Fri 30 Oct 2009
at 03:57
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Rai'el moves to a position where she can watch the guard and the woman that Darek and Azara are now dealing with.
Johanfk
 GM, 233 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Fri 30 Oct 2009
at 05:24
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
ooc: Sorry Darek typo... re-edited my post.
Lets roll initiative shall we... for those that are... aggressive.

Woman channeller: 14

Darek Halchov
 player, 868 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 30 Oct 2009
at 14:28
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
10:27, Today: Darek Halchov rolled 15 using 1d20+1. Init.
Continueing with the harden air then Master Ward.

IC

Darek looks surprised, but doesn't delay in his channeling. "She weaves saidin," he says in half surprise, half disbelief.
Xander Bakura
 player, 276 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 30 Oct 2009
at 15:32
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander continues to strangely growl, his golden gaze moving from the women to the guard but then stops on her. He raises his axe but doesn't swing."Who -are- you?".

OOC Initiative: 10. Diceroller hates me.
Rai'el
 player, 610 posts
Sat 31 Oct 2009
at 00:36
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Rai'el and Melina

17:35, Today: Rai'el rolled 11 using 1d20+8. Init.
17:34, Today: Melina rolled 15 using 1d20+1. Init.
Azara
 player, 718 posts
Sat 31 Oct 2009
at 00:43
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Keeps rubbing Riverwind's head for good luck.

Dice Roller LOVED me

17:41, Today: Azara rolled 26 using 1d20+6 for Init.
Johanfk
 GM, 234 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Mon 2 Nov 2009
at 19:02
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
ooc: Ok those that are quicker than the woman feel free to declare your action.
Azara
 player, 719 posts
Mon 2 Nov 2009
at 19:13
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Azara get off her harden air first and traps the woman from neck to toe.
"Shield her!" she shouts to Darek and Melina then moves up and set the blade at the base of her throat.
Darek Halchov
 player, 870 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Mon 2 Nov 2009
at 20:59
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek weaves harden air to hold the woman tight.

OOC
Darek doesn't no shield. Level 3 weave using a level 2 slot with affinities.
Johanfk
 GM, 236 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Tue 10 Nov 2009
at 13:09
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Tight harden air wraps itself around the woman pinning her completely one set of air from each type of the One Power. She fights against her bounds and tries to weave a thread but as her arms can't move she doesn't seem to be able to do anything.
Xander Bakura
 player, 281 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 10 Nov 2009
at 13:14
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
A growl comes from the wolfbrother as he raises his axe towards the now imprisoned woman. Hood thrown back, his golden gazes locks down on her."Who are you and what are you doing here? Who killed the captain and where is his wife! Speak!" His voice booms out, sounding almost like a gutteral bark.

Riverwind growls as well, looking at the woman then towards the guard.

[private to Johanfk: 08:12, Today: Xander Bakura rolled 20 using 1d20+7. Intimidate.]
Darek Halchov
 player, 873 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 10 Nov 2009
at 13:57
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek looks at the woman after tieing off the hardened air and turning the circle over to Melina to shield the woman.

"Is she a he in disguise?" he asks Azara and Xander.
Johanfk
 GM, 237 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Tue 10 Nov 2009
at 14:07
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
PM

[Private to Xander Bakura: Both Riverwind and Xander identifies the woman as just... a woman.]
Xander Bakura
 player, 282 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 10 Nov 2009
at 14:26
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Teeth bared, Xander stares at the woman and turns towards Darek. Still hunched over a bit, the man speaks with that same deep tone."Full female." Riverwind barks and growls towards the woman still. The wolfbrother turns towards the woman again.
Johanfk
 GM, 238 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Tue 10 Nov 2009
at 14:31
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
PM

[Private to Darek Halchov: You can feel a saidin weave on the woman.]
Darek Halchov
 player, 874 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 10 Nov 2009
at 16:40
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Hold up, there is a weave of saidin on her."

OOC

Lookign at the weave to see if it is one he knows or if he can tell what it might do from the threads used.


11:39, Today: Darek Halchov rolled 17 using 1d20+11. weavesight.
Melina
 player, 465 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Wed 11 Nov 2009
at 08:50
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I do not kbpw how to shield either. I say we get what information we can and then kill her. Leafblighter may control the dead but they are less useful than the living."
Xander Bakura
 player, 283 posts
 Golden Eyes
Wed 11 Nov 2009
at 12:08
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"And what if she is somehow being controlled or manipulated? I've killed many, many things. But killing someone when we don't know what is going on..." Xander stares now at Melina."She is obviously -alive-. You want to kill her, keeping her held like this...you do it. I won't have any part of it. We don't know what is going on, and it seems everyone who does is dead already." The wolfbrother definatly seems dazed, confused and aggrivated. He lowers his axe and turns towards the door. Riverwind cocks her head, staring at the held woman.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:06, Wed 11 Nov 2009.

Darek Halchov
 player, 875 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Wed 11 Nov 2009
at 14:49
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"No, I want to know what is going on," Darek says as he examines the weave on the woman.

He will try to learn the weave, then try to remove the weave from the woman.

09:48, Today: Darek Halchov rolled 23 using 1d20+11. weavesight to learn the weave.
Johanfk
 GM, 240 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Wed 11 Nov 2009
at 19:17
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
PM

[Private to Darek Halchov: The weave is an illusion a powerful one of that which fools any of the senses. It is a powerful version of Disguise called Change Self

Talent Illusion, using Air, Fire and Spirit. You learn it.
]
Darek Halchov
 player, 876 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Wed 11 Nov 2009
at 21:02
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek smiles. "That is an impressive illusion. Powerful too. Let's see if we can slice it off you, shall we? Of course, you could just release the weave" Darek looks at the persons eyes before Darek channels spirit, taking back control of the circle, and probes at the weave. He searches to see if it is a tied off weave or currently held by the person.
Rai'el
 player, 611 posts
Thu 12 Nov 2009
at 04:27
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Rail oves up to the woman or what appeared to be a women but if it is under an illusion she might be a he.  She stands ready with spears pointed his her/his direction one quick lunge would but the spear right into the the head since the rest was bound in a weave since nothing moved below the neck.

"If this one makes a false move and threatens anyone, I will not stay my hand.":
Johanfk
 GM, 241 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Thu 12 Nov 2009
at 10:07
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The woman clinches her jaw then relaxes. Suddenly she shimmer and her appearance seems to melt away leaving a rather thin man in his 40s, almost completely bald. From first impression not very kind looking. He glares at Darek.

"Release me you traitor!" He growls.
Xander Bakura
 player, 284 posts
 Golden Eyes
Thu 12 Nov 2009
at 12:04
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raising his axe again towards the now mans head, Xander growled. His eyes narrow as he stares at the man."Tell us who you are. You are in no position to make /any/ demands."
Darek Halchov
 player, 877 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 12 Nov 2009
at 14:34
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"You call me traitor when you are mudering innocents, running around disguised as a woman?"

"What is going on?"
Darek has not forgotten that the Trollocs and a fade could have done the work and this person merely helping to defend.

"Watch the guard as well." Darek says to the others.
Johanfk
 GM, 243 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Thu 12 Nov 2009
at 14:37
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The man cursed in some foul language.

"You... you are blessed with the True Power and yet you turn your face away from the Dark One... may he torment your soul forever."
He continued towards Darek.
Darek Halchov
 player, 878 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 12 Nov 2009
at 15:08
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek fights the urge to kill the man immediately. "Who sent you here? I wield saidin from the Creator. It should be used to create the wonders from the Age of Legends, not for destroying anything good. If the Dark one and his minions ruled, you and I would be mere food."
Darek tries to sound as if he merely works in his best interest, perhaps able to be turned to the Dark One.
Azara
 player, 721 posts
Thu 12 Nov 2009
at 17:20
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara will use Harden Air on the man trapping his shoulder and legs and she will tie it off.
Johanfk
 GM, 244 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Fri 13 Nov 2009
at 18:33
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I was sent her by the Dark One himself to do his bidding which I now have. May the Dark One live forever!" He called out.

[Private to Azara; Melina: You would believe he is a Wilder considering that he can't weave while tied down, and if that is true then it is not very likely that he would actually be sent out by the Dark One as he claims. Sure he may think so... but not likely. An agent of the Dark One using the One Power would as you see it... more powerful.]
Xander Bakura
 player, 285 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 13 Nov 2009
at 18:49
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Unfortunatly due to certain events in my life, this is what I have become. Not human. Not a animal. Something somewhere in between. To hunt down evil, root it out and destroy it. The Dark One may live forever..." The wolfbrother seems to just snap. With a swift move, he brings the hafted axe back and in a wide arch, his muscles flex and he goes to bring the blade down to bear towards his neck as if to sever his head from his torso."...but you will not." The voice is deep, and filled with some sadness perhaps. As well as anger.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:51, Fri 13 Nov 2009.

Melina
 player, 466 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Fri 13 Nov 2009
at 22:02
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Melina weaves jarden air  quick enough to stop Xanders's attack or ay least deflect it from its course..

"He is not powerful enough to directly serve Leafblighter.  Perhaps just a wilder and not very strong at all, but someone or something put him on our trail. and that concerns me.  I will have that information."

This message was last edited by the player at 05:08, Sat 14 Nov 2009.

Darek Halchov
 player, 879 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 13 Nov 2009
at 23:17
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"They sent you, a mighty channeler to kill the Captain? To what end?" Darek watches as Xander begins to swing, not really caring if he completes the swing and beheads the man, the only part of him exposed.

OOC Xander's post says he only swings as if to kill the man.. thinking it might be a feint, or just waiting to see if one of the channelers stops him. :)

This message was last edited by the player at 23:18, Fri 13 Nov 2009.

Rai'el
 player, 614 posts
Sat 14 Nov 2009
at 18:31
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
PM [Private to GM:
10:26, Today: Melina rolled 2 using 1d20+1. Init.
10:25, Today: Rai'el rolled 11 using 1d20+6. Init.
]
Azara
 player, 722 posts
Sun 15 Nov 2009
at 19:25
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"He is just a foolishly deluuded man, I believe someone else may be here.  Maybe the Trolloc hung the captain, but who took out the Trolloc?"
Darek Halchov
 player, 884 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sun 15 Nov 2009
at 21:47
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I would guess he did, simple enough weaves."

[Private to Johanfk: How does his strength with saidin compare to Darek's?]
Johanfk
 GM, 252 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Sun 15 Nov 2009
at 21:48
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Melina's hardened air is weaved way to slow as she reach out, trying to stop Xander he has always severed the man's head from the body.
Darek Halchov
 player, 885 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sun 15 Nov 2009
at 22:29
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek unties and releases the hardened air around the man, letting the body fall to the ground.

He looks to the soldier. "Who is next in command? Get a squad in here and look for the captain's wife. She could be locked up, a victim, or a darkfriend. He could have been disguised as her."
Xander Bakura
 player, 293 posts
 Golden Eyes
Mon 16 Nov 2009
at 02:16
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Growling, the wolfbrother lowers his hafted axe as the head of the man drops to the ground then his body. Bloodied, Xander looks at the others."Well...if my assumption is correct, I bet this man took the form of the captains wife with his witchcraft, somehow blocked his scent with that of a woman, infiltrated the home here and killed the captain as well as his real wife and the trolloc. Perhaps even being in control of the Trollocs somehow. Dark one damn him..." Xander spits on the ground, and pulls his hood back over his face."Shadowspawn in the Borderlands. Be damned..." He leans against the wall, head lowered. Riverwind growls and moves to his feet, staring up at him.

[private to Johanfk: Trying to sense the wolves.]
Darek Halchov
 player, 886 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Mon 16 Nov 2009
at 02:23
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Let us hope it is as simple as that," replies Mikael. "We should head to the boat and make sure it has not been attacked."
Melina
 player, 468 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Mon 16 Nov 2009
at 04:02
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I think that we should leave this place. befpre we are held up by the local authorities.  I do not like doing this but we cannot be delayed."
Johanfk
 GM, 253 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Mon 16 Nov 2009
at 08:27
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"That would be lieutenant Tyrell. I'll get the word out." The solider said and hurried out the door starting to bark orders.
Darek Halchov
 player, 887 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Mon 16 Nov 2009
at 14:42
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"My thoughts exactly my dear, the guard can better answer questions, since he was here and we can protect the boat if need be."
Xander Bakura
 player, 295 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 17 Nov 2009
at 00:49
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I say we leave and very soon. I do not like the smell of this place nor do I think the ones here have our best interests any longer. It is apparent the Dark One is growing stronger and more bold. I do not like it." Xander growls, and raises his head.
Darek Halchov
 player, 889 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 17 Nov 2009
at 01:13
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Since they seem in agreement, Mikael heads up to quickly check their rooms for anything that may have been left behind, then heads out the back door and down towards the dock, leading the others until one of the scouts move ahead.
Xander Bakura
 player, 296 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 17 Nov 2009
at 02:13
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The wolfbrother moves to scout the area, leaving Riverwind behind to guard Azara.

[private to Johanfk: 21:12, Today: Secret Roll: Xander Bakura rolled 14 using 1d20+10. Listen Check.
21:12, Today: Secret Roll: Xander Bakura rolled 28 using 1d20+12. Spot Check.
21:12, Today: Secret Roll: Xander Bakura rolled 22 using 1d20+11. Move Silently Check.
21:11, Today: Secret Roll: Xander Bakura rolled 20 using 1d20+11. Hide Check.
]
Azara
 player, 724 posts
Tue 17 Nov 2009
at 02:13
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Before they leave, Azara will ask the guard, before he leaves.  "what alerted you to the be here. how was it you came upon the Trolloc and the Dark Friend disguised as a woman?"

Once she has an answer she will move off as Darek directed, but only if the answer is satisfactory to her.

(I am assuming that we retrieve the horses and head to the docks.)
Darek Halchov
 player, 890 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 17 Nov 2009
at 02:20
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Yeah, out the back, grab the horses, hit the docks. Leaving nothing behind but dead bodies and questions. :)
Rai'el
 player, 615 posts
Thu 19 Nov 2009
at 04:17
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel moved to stand between Melina and Xander scouting on trhe opposite side of their path. Her spears ready for the Dance, t, her dark veil hung from her shoufa ready to be put up in an instanth th as she moved out into the streetough she was now unveiled.
Melina
 player, 469 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Thu 19 Nov 2009
at 05:59
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Melina moves to join Darek.  She looks into Darek's eyes and smiles.  "It has been an interesting evening.
Darek Halchov
 player, 891 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 19 Nov 2009
at 06:14
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I think our lives shall prove the stuff of legends." Darek sounded like he might be joking, but likely only a little.
Johanfk
 GM, 261 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Thu 19 Nov 2009
at 14:54
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The group hurries out the back door and heads straight towards the docks. Due to the chaos that has been created by what has happening they get down to it without any trouble at all just to be faced with a quite empty area, most people in hiding or just indoors.
Darek Halchov
 player, 892 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 19 Nov 2009
at 14:59
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek looks around for anyone on the docks. They were supposed to leave before the sun rose so he hoped their boat would have a crew visible, prepping and checking the boat.

"Too bad the Captain didn't mention the boats name," Darek said quietly to the others.

He also looked for an Inn at the docks, some place sailors could get a bite and a drink, or even the dockworkers grab a quick bite.

OOC

How late did the attack happen?

This message was last edited by the player at 15:05, Thu 19 Nov 2009.

Johanfk
 GM, 263 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Thu 19 Nov 2009
at 15:08
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
ooc: No, all he said was that he was to get you a boat.
Azara
 player, 725 posts
Thu 19 Nov 2009
at 17:35
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"We have 2 options, find an inn that boat captains frequent and ask about boats going south on the river, or, try to go about the docks to find someone to ask about such a boat.  And right now, most people are undercover from what I can see."

She looks about at the deserted docks and streets.
Xander Bakura
 player, 297 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 20 Nov 2009
at 04:14
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Stepping out of the shadows near Azara, the wolfbrother looks about and sniffs a few times."Or we head south, follow the river. Forget the boat. May be slow moving but may be our only choice. This place stinks of evil. Evil we cannot face at this very moment..." The man looks angry, body hunched forwards like a animal ready to pounce. Riverwind seems to know his feelings and a bit of a growl comes from the young wolf.
Darek Halchov
 player, 899 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 20 Nov 2009
at 04:58
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Too long, we need that boat, all the faster to be away from this place."
Azara
 player, 727 posts
Fri 20 Nov 2009
at 22:37
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"Then I suggegst going to an nearby in and ask about where we can find a boat captain."

Azara pats Riverwind on the head.
Johanfk
 GM, 267 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Mon 23 Nov 2009
at 11:08
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
PM

[Private to Xander Bakura: After several tries you now give up... you can't reach any wolves within your reach.]
Xander Bakura
 player, 298 posts
 Golden Eyes
Mon 23 Nov 2009
at 12:14
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The man stops, eyes narrowing under his hood. The moonlight reflects off of them earily as he then looks up at the moon. Riverwind follows this motion with similar fluidity after Azara pats her head. Xander's fists tighten."We need to go. Now. Either by foot or by ship, I do not care. They are -gone-."
Darek Halchov
 player, 902 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Mon 23 Nov 2009
at 21:48
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"They? Wolves?" Darek looked to Xander, not sure what the wolfbrother was referring to.

OOC

Still waiting to hear if anyone is about, or if there is an inn next to the docks, more likely where sailors would stay and eat while not at sea, or at least working the river.

Also, looking to see if there is a boat with crew getting it ready, large enough for the horses without cargo on their deck where the horses would go. Darek will bet such a ship is their ship.
Xander Bakura
 player, 299 posts
 Golden Eyes
Mon 23 Nov 2009
at 22:31
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"There are none within my reach besides River. Suddenly gone. All of them. Some were killed early. Northbound...probably the Blight. The Dark One is growing stronger. We must go." The voice comes out deep and hoarse, almost a growl. Xander looks towards Azara and Riverwind barks.
Azara
 player, 728 posts
Tue 24 Nov 2009
at 04:03
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

"Can't we try an inn to find a boat captain?"  Or we could even ask one of the town watch."
Johanfk
 GM, 269 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Tue 24 Nov 2009
at 10:53
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
ooc: Missed that part, sorry. The attack came late at the evening you are actually not really sure what time it is at the moment. Most people are not out any longer and most as asleep. You can't see a boat getting ready by this hour but there are a few that could work for you.

There are no guards at all here.

There are a few harbor taverns of different sort, not very friendly places at all and those woman that is there are most often of the 'working' sort.

Darek Halchov
 player, 903 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Tue 24 Nov 2009
at 14:22
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Mikael looked at the ships that would work for their needs. He looked to each, looking to see which seemed fastest but more importantly, which was in the best shape and most orderly. he was no sailor but growing up in Tear, he knew enough that the best ships were neet and orderly; sails folded, ropes curled, wood clean, brass polished, and the sort.

Finally deciding on one of them, he pointed to it. "That one. Let's load the horses and gear."
Rai'el
 player, 616 posts
Wed 25 Nov 2009
at 07:29
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel stopped alert and on guard through all the conversation.  "Melina has had no rest nor any of you.  For myself and Xander, we are not much bothered by the lack of rest but it is not so for you who wield the One Power."  Secondly there must be watchmen on board even if we can't see them."
Melina
 player, 470 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Wed 25 Nov 2009
at 07:35
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander would you explain yourself.  Who or what has gone and Why must we go now.?  Melond would make no decision as for what to do next.  "She laid her hands on Darek's arm ans squeezed lightly.  We need to know what Xander's words mean before we decide what to do next.  raiel is correct the day has been long and fraught with much."
Xander Bakura
 player, 300 posts
 Golden Eyes
Wed 25 Nov 2009
at 10:45
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"We need to go. I do not want to be away from them. They need me and now they are dying. And we do not know what goes on in this place, so close to the Blight. If the Dark One can influence and send his minions here, this man who killed the captain and who knows whomever else-he must be growing stronger. We have many questions but no answers and I do not feel the answers we seek are here. If you wish to rest so be it, I will stand guard. How do we not know the Captains guards will not simply come for us, thinking we killed the captain? The guard knew we did not but blame would be placed, though myself being Borlander-honor is important." Ramble, ramble, glare here and there. Xander begins to pace a bit, acting like a well wolf on the hunt. Riverwind looks up at hi quizzically.
Darek Halchov
 player, 904 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Wed 25 Nov 2009
at 14:37
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I am not suggesting we steal the vessel, merely have it ready when the crew arrives, if they are not aboard where we can wake them and get underway sooner than later."

"If the wolves are being killed, then it is good they left. We should do the same, but will travel much faster by boat. The faster we can travel, the sooner we can catch our prey."

"We can sleep on the boat as it travels, and once loaded, take turns here."


Darek heads over to the most likely riverboat candidate, and hollars out. "Ahoy on the (name on the boat)."

This message was last edited by the player at 14:40, Wed 25 Nov 2009.

Johanfk
 GM, 274 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Thu 26 Nov 2009
at 08:40
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
It was quiet for a moment then a man stood up clearly awakened by Darek's yelling.

"Ahoy there! What's the bloody noise?" He called back sounding quite annoyed.

ooc: Boats name is Adrania.
Darek Halchov
 player, 905 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 26 Nov 2009
at 18:46
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Quieter, now that the man is awake and on deck, Darek replies, "Sorry to wake you so early, but we need passage South for us and our mounts. The Dark One walks the streets tonight and the sooner heading down river the better."

When the man came closer, Darek said more quietly. "The Captain arranged for a boat for us but was murdered by a Trolloc not an hour past. Unfortunately, he hadn't told us yet which boat and yours seems the likeliest by the coiled ropes and polish."

"If my guess is wrong, then I'd gladly sail on sucha  fine looking vessel as the Adrania."

Darek waits, a hopeful look on his face that he had guessed right with the Adrania.
Azara
 player, 731 posts
Thu 26 Nov 2009
at 19:07
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara made a face in the depths of her hood, sure tell them about Trollocs in town and killing the captain, smooth move Darek.

"And the dog." put in Azara.
Darek Halchov
 player, 907 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 26 Nov 2009
at 19:26
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek smiled. He thought of the wolf as one of them, so hadn't singled her out.

"She's one of us, of course." Darek said with a nod.
Xander Bakura
 player, 302 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 27 Nov 2009
at 00:10
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
When the word 'dog' is mentioned, both Xander and Riverwind look at Darek and Azara. The man is quiet, but the wolf growls. Quickly pulling up his hood to hide his face, Xander moves to well give Darek and well places smack to the back of the head before training his eyes from the boat to several other things around the docks area, keeping alert.
Darek Halchov
 player, 910 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 27 Nov 2009
at 01:23
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I would never call Riverwind a dog," she says as he smacks Xander back, "your girlfriend did it."
Xander Bakura
 player, 303 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 27 Nov 2009
at 02:47
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"I have no 'girlfriend'." So the wolfbrother is in denial. He stands there, as his back is pat and his first reaction is to make a fist and punch Darek but he doesn't. He just looks around like a snake ready to strike.
Darek Halchov
 player, 911 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 27 Nov 2009
at 02:52
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Beloved? Mate? Is not the pack stronger for having more members? None the less, Riverwind is one of the group as much as any other, and clearly a beautiful, strong wolf."

Darek says this with the slightest of whispers so the man on deck doesn't hear. Only Xander and Riverwind should be able to hear it.

He looks to the man on the deck for his reply.
Johanfk
 GM, 279 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Fri 27 Nov 2009
at 07:21
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
The crewman turned almost totally white in the face and in almost panic started to look around himself as if he expected the Dark One to actually stand there.

"Come on board... I'll leave as quickly as I can." As he has managed to round up his crew most likely. You all expected that it wasn't of compassion he offered them to be let on, more he saw the potential to increase his chances by having good armed men riding with him.
Darek Halchov
 player, 912 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 27 Nov 2009
at 15:04
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
"Thank you, Sir." Darek moves to start leading the horses onto the boat, if the planking is wide enough and strong enough.

Darek pats Melina's hand. "Honesty and a bit of fear can be better than tales. When everyone is loaded and ready to go, a ward on the ship might be a good idea."
Johanfk
 GM, 280 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Fri 27 Nov 2009
at 15:05
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Leading the horses on board wasn't easiest thing to do but it was manageable at least.
Darek Halchov
 player, 913 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 27 Nov 2009
at 15:09
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek was glad when the horses were safely on board. He looked around, finally asking if there was anything they could do to help load cargo. He understood that the Captain and likely owner of the boat still needed to make a profit, as did the crew. He'd not have the Cpatin leave cargo behind if it was only a matter of getting it loaded quickly.
Xander Bakura
 player, 304 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 27 Nov 2009
at 17:42
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander keeps a weary eye on the captain as the party boards the ship. Riverwind stays close to Azara, looking up at her often. The wolfbrother sniffs the area often, moving around the ship and giving a intimidating glance at anyone whom bars his path.
Azara
 player, 733 posts
Fri 27 Nov 2009
at 18:30
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister

Azara get Flame aboard knowing Sunny would go where Flame went. After the horses are settled in the narrow stalls she moves up to Xander.

"I am sorry I called her a D-O-G," she spells it out, "but I did not think the man would like the idea of having a wolf on board."
Xander Bakura
 player, 305 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 27 Nov 2009
at 19:27
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
In a quiet tone, Xander turns to look over at Azara. He moves to place his hands on her shoulders firmly, so she can look into his eyes beneath his hood."The captain of this ship has something far worse on board. Me. As for being called a dog..." Riverwind looks up at the pair and tilts her head."..Don't worry about it. I'm starting to think River likes you more then she likes even -me-."A brief grin.
Johanfk
 GM, 282 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Fri 27 Nov 2009
at 19:59
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Two other sailors soon came up on the deck and started to move crates from the dock to the ship while the captain himself ran off to shore and ran towards one of the closest taverns.
Darek Halchov
 player, 915 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 27 Nov 2009
at 20:16
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Darek followed along, moving what he could with them, placing the crates and barrels where they said to place them.
Melina
 player, 472 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Sun 29 Nov 2009
at 06:48
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Melina help as she can to lead Flame up the narrow gangplank.  Being suspended over the water makes her very wary of the board path that shifts from the weight of her horse,.  She was very glad once she was safely on board.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:12, Mon 30 Nov 2009.

Rai'el
 player, 617 posts
Mon 30 Nov 2009
at 04:36
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Raiel waits while the horse and  all the other board the boat.  She keeps a sharp eye on their surroundings her cadinsor suited to the grays and browns of the desert still were of help in the darkness of the night.  If it seemed that she did not hurry to cross on the gangplank to the ships deck well it might be that she was just being very focused on their safety.
Xander Bakura
 player, 309 posts
 Golden Eyes
Tue 1 Dec 2009
at 02:29
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Xander turns and moves towards a area where he can get a good view of the deck while hiding in the shadows. Riverwind tries to keep her distance from the sailors and other shipmates while remaining close to Azara. The wolfbrother seems to try and keep Azara as well within eyeshot and earshot of himself, seeming in deep thought and very quiet. He keeps his eyes hidden beneath his hood but before he leaves Azara side to do his 'watch', he brushes a hand lightly against her cheek and walks off.
Johanfk
 GM, 288 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Tue 1 Dec 2009
at 12:29
Re: Chapter 3.1: Wolf hunt for the Dark Sister
Assembling the few lost sailors took no more than a few minutes and once all the horses and the remaining equipment was on board the boat slowly left the harbour and started a slow sail south.