Chapter 3.2: The journey south.   Posted by IC.Group: archive 0
Darek Halchov
 player, 1003 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Thu 7 Jan 2010
at 14:39
Re: Harness the Wind training.
Darek smiles when Riverwind barks. "I hope that was approval, Miss Riverwind," he says before elaning forward and passionately kissing Melina, not caring who watched, lost for what seemed a second and eternity at the same time in their union.
Melina
 player, 508 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Thu 7 Jan 2010
at 22:31
Re: Harness the Wind training.
Melinda's eyes lock with Darek's and then her lips for that eternal second until Melina's Aiel nature reasserted itself. Such a public displays of affections were not the Aiel way.  It was unseemingly forward.  She broke the kiss but did not step out of the circle of his arms.  His strong arms felt so good holding her close.

"It is proper to gift the Wise One who heard our vows, each of us."  Melina whispers in his ear, and then speaks up again. "I think a celebratory meal is the order of the day."
Darek Halchov
 player, 1004 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 8 Jan 2010
at 00:49
Re: Harness the Wind training.
Darek had already planned for the gifting and reached into his pocket and extracted a single gold coin. This was from his personal store, and none of the gold for supplies and such from the groups funds.

"Far less than the joy brought this day, but please accept this gift." He handed it to the Wise Woman.
Azara
 player, 797 posts
Fri 8 Jan 2010
at 02:10
Re: Harness the Wind training.

Azara had been open to the One Power since leaving the village and no she went back to an old weeave, one sshe uses on the children, one her mother had woven for her.  Butterflies, brilliant, jewel toned butterflies floating about Melina and Darek and the Wisdom.
Melina
 player, 509 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Fri 8 Jan 2010
at 05:23
Re: Harness the Wind training.
"And mine as well" adds Melina.  She turns to look for Raiel who has been quietly standing a bit off.

Well near sister May the light favor your both.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:02, Fri 08 Jan 2010.

Xander Bakura
 player, 391 posts
 Golden Eyes
Fri 8 Jan 2010
at 06:30
Re: Harness the Wind training.
For a moment, Xander moves his hand to brush Azara's as she weaves. He watches the area with quiet contemplation, eyes hidden by his hood. Riverwind licks her chops once before walking around the area.
Rai'el
 player, 653 posts
Fri 8 Jan 2010
at 07:28
Re: Harness the Wind training.
"May the Light  shine on you both and the Creator hold  you in his hand."  Raiel responds.

Raiel knows this marriage is what Melina wanted though Raiel did not know what would happen when they returned to the Threefold Land and she to the Wise Ones.  An Apprenticed--married--before she was a Wise One.  Raiel would not be able to help Melina face what might happen.  Unless Melina choose never to return, but Melina would she was no coward to run from a punishment.

"I will drink at you wedding feast."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:41, Fri 08 Jan 2010.

Johanfk
 GM, 372 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Fri 8 Jan 2010
at 08:05
Re: Harness the Wind training.
The wisdom gasped and took a step back by the display of the one power. She looked at the all with gaping mouth in awe then curtsied deeply holding it.

"Aes Sedai... I... I didn't know. Forgive me." She says to Azara.
Darek Halchov
 player, 1005 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Fri 8 Jan 2010
at 13:46
Re: Harness the Wind training.
Darek moved to urge the Wisdom up. "No need for that. Will you come celebrate with us?"
When the Wisdom answers, Mikael holds his hand out to Melina, then heads back towards town and the boat.
Azara
 player, 798 posts
Sat 9 Jan 2010
at 02:08
Re: Harness the Wind training.

Azara moves up to the old woman, "Please, good Wisdom, I am here not as a Sister.  We are on a mission for the White Tower," which was the truth of sorts, "It would be best if you did not reveal my nature or refer to me with any sort of title."

She smiles at the woman, "I am, but a simple entertainer, traveling with friends I have meet along the way.

"Please put on your dancing shoes and join us, as tonight I will play such gigs and reels that your feet my carry you away."
Johanfk
 GM, 373 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Sat 9 Jan 2010
at 13:30
Re: Harness the Wind training.
The woman doesn't really manages to look much calmer bows to Azara before answering.

"Yes Aes Sedai your secret are safe with me." As the suggested thing that she would actually go out an enjoy herself in a some festivities doesn't seem to thrill her too well.
Darek Halchov
 player, 1008 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sat 9 Jan 2010
at 14:45
Re: Harness the Wind training.
Seeing her discomfort, Darek says softly, "It is merely an invitation, if you have the time. As village Wisdom, I'm sure your labors are long and celebrating can seem more an inconvenience than enjoyment."

"May the Light bless you and make your burdens light."

He looks to the others, hand in hand with Melina hopefully, ready to head back for food, celebration, and dancing with his wife.
Melina
 player, 511 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Sun 10 Jan 2010
at 02:37
Re: Harness the Wind training.
Meline did not withdraw her hand as she walked side by side with Darek. If that was hisway then she could easily accept how he expressed hiself. If she leaned in a little closer till her sholder and hip nestled against his side well that was even better.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:37, Sun 10 Jan 2010.

Rai'el
 player, 654 posts
Sun 10 Jan 2010
at 02:57
Re: Harness the Wind training.
Raiel passes by Xander ashe moves to the front to scout the way back to town
.

Ypu wanted to go out to find your wolves, you ciuld do that now and join us later.   i think the fiur of us can handle anything that might happen between here and there.

Raiel's amber gold eagle eye met ander's wolf gold.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:26, Sun 10 Jan 2010.

Xander Bakura
 player, 394 posts
 Golden Eyes
Sun 10 Jan 2010
at 03:07
Re: Harness the Wind training.
Xander nods to Rai'el and looks over at Melina then Darek."I will leave you for now but I will return soon. Congratulations..." Though the man doesn't seem to care much for some reason. He nods his head, adjusts his cloak and looks to Azara. A whistle comes and Riverwind moves to stand near the women."Stay with Red alright?" He then darts off into the woods without another word.

[private to Johanfk: Trying to 'find the wolves/sense them/communicate and scout the area while heading back towards the village.  20 Move Silently/31 Hide/14 Wilderness Lore/22 Search/18 Listen/21 Spot.]
Azara
 player, 802 posts
Sun 10 Jan 2010
at 07:24
Re: Harness the Wind training.

Azara nods and watches as he disappears.  "We've been left alone again, girl."

She goes back to her horse and mounts.

She had been wanting to tell Melina and Darek about the weaves she found in her memories, but right now was not the time.
Darek Halchov
 player, 1010 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Sun 10 Jan 2010
at 15:54
Re: Harness the Wind training.
With Rai'el's mention of the wolves and handling anything, Darek is reminded of the dangerous quest they are on. He offers to help Melina mount, then he does as well for the ride back to the village. He keeps his eyes open, looking around for anything new or out of the ordinary.

He lets Kiserai amble along, giving Xander and Rai'el plenty of time to scout.

Once at the village, he looks to their Riverboat to see how the resupplying is going.

Seeing the other riverboat he says, "Someone else must have left quite early." Their group had used weaves to speed their journey and left a good hour before dawn, yet here was another riverboat.

Darek's tone when he spoke was full of concern. They'd seen too many myths and evil lately to dismiss the possibility of being followed.
Azara
 player, 803 posts
Sun 10 Jan 2010
at 19:56
Re: Harness the Wind training.
Azara looks to it also, but then legs Flame into a canter straight for the Tavern.  She wants to get their order for a feast in as soon as possible.  Riverwinds lopes along side her. SHe stops the stallion and jumps off dropping his reins on the ground, where he was trained to stay until she whistled or called to him.

Still carrying out the disguise a teenage male, she sweeps into the Tavern with Rivewind on her heels, where Xander had told her to be.  "Tavern Keeper" she calls out.

Even before she spies the two Ogier. When Dana makes herself known Azara strides up to her.

"The best you can do for a wedding feast, and she hands her some silver,  "There is more if needed."

She then turns and leans against the bar looking out and noting the obvious townsfolk and then picking out those who might be from the other boat.  The two Ogier for sure.  (Spot 19)  The two well dressed female catch her eyes and an armsman with the big sword at his back by the window, and the armswoman intrigues her even further.  Her pale golden-gray hazel take them in.  She pauses to caress Riverwind's head and then heads back out to get her instruments.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:31, Sun 10 Jan 2010.

Melina
 player, 512 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Mon 11 Jan 2010
at 03:43
Re: Harness the Wind training.
The day was bright and clear.  Melina noticed that as ]she rode back to the town.  She watched Raiel slip away with Xander, it was good that none went alone though she knew Xander well enough to know that was he usually was a loner.

She felt more than saw Darek's manners alter slightly as she spotted the second ship tied up at what server as the dock.

At his comment of the ship having must of left early as well she countered with. "That ship may have come from down river as easily as from upriver." Melina suggests "However, we will be wary, yes."

Once at the tavern/inn of the village she dismounts and joins Darek.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:53, Mon 11 Jan 2010.

Darek Halchov
 player, 1011 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Mon 11 Jan 2010
at 03:57
Re: Harness the Wind training.
OOC Guessing the boat is facing downriver, having come from up river.

IC

"Together we will face anything." He dismounted and help Melina down, then lef Kiserai over to the tavern where he could eat grass and drink water.
Azara
 player, 804 posts
Mon 11 Jan 2010
at 04:04
Re: Harness the Wind training.
As the "dog" turns Nerissa gets a better look at her long face, her pale eyes and her high pricked ears, this was no, dog but a wolf.

The youth exited and the wolf padded silently along after him.

Outside Azara went to her packs and lifted the precious case with her instruments.  It had been a while since she had had a chance to play.  Until she met Melina, Raiel and Darek she lived with the coins made by sining and playing.  Now that seemed like ages ago.

She takes the time to remove Flame's bridle and take the tie rope she kept knotted about his neck to loosely tie him to the hitching rack, which meant that she wrapped the rope about the pole, but did not tie it off.

She returned inside and found a large table where she set down her bags. Riverwind first sat beside her and the laid down under the edge of the table as Azara set to turning her harp.

In was a bit odd looking at and only close examination revealed it was a triple stringed harp (They do exist, the Welsh used them.)  When Melina and Darek arrive she waves them over.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:09, Mon 11 Jan 2010.

Xander Bakura
 player, 395 posts
 Golden Eyes
Mon 11 Jan 2010
at 04:35
Re: Harness the Wind training.
Xander is out somewhere but the wolf remains near Azara. Riverwind looks up at her and cocks her head to one side then the next. A quick bark from the wolf and she nuzzles Azara's hand lightly. The wolf sniffs a few times and looks around, never leaving the woman's side.
Melina
 player, 513 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Mon 11 Jan 2010
at 05:59
Re: Harness the Wind training.

Melina didn't know why Azara had raced ahead of them, but she had an idea.  The young woman was probably arranging either food or a room. or both.   Melina would have to thank her for her whimsical butterfly illusion she had made during their wedding.

Melina purposely took Darek's arm as they headed into the inn.  Azara was always so thoughtful of others.  Melina looked to Darek, she was not sure that any solid relationahip could come with Xander and Azara, though there seemed to be something that had drawn them together from the very first moment they met.

Her blue eyes smiled into Darek's, reflecting the light of the blue sky,

This message was last edited by the player at 19:04, Mon 11 Jan 2010.

Darek Halchov
 player, 1012 posts
 Tairen Wanderer
 Try the fish
Mon 11 Jan 2010
at 14:26
Re: Harness the Wind training.
Darek entered the room and looked around. He was surprised to see not one, but two Ogier. They certainly were not from this area, nor likely those who sat with them. The smile never left his face as, arm in arm, he entered the Inn with Melina.

See Azara setting up, he moved over towards her table.He pulled a chair out for Melina on the side closest to the far wall, then sat beside her.

Dressed in well made cloths, with masterwork weapons and armor, the pair could as easily be nobles as merchants. Whatever they were, they were clearly happy, Darek's face like a kid in a sweet shop, eyes alight with joy and a smiling underlaying every expression.

Darek looks around the room for others alone or out of place. The nice thing about small towns, and even many large ones, is that friends ate together. Loners were almost always out of place.

He spotted one such loner near the window, perhaps a lookout for the others, or perhaps just a single traveler passing through.

Darek excused himself, giving Melina a light kiss on her hand. He new she wasn't comfortable with public affection, but hoped the hand kiss wasn't too bad. He went up to the bar, taking out a gold coin.

"That beautiful vision has just become my wife. Might you have a room? I'd also like to buy drinks and pastries or whatever you might have for everyone."
dressed as they are, he doesn't mention there is more if needed, merely smiling then returning to the table with the transaction completed.
Johanfk
 GM, 375 posts
 YIM: johan.falt
 
Mon 11 Jan 2010
at 17:56
Re: Harness the Wind training.
ooc: Please jump into the other thread.