5.1 Into the Three-Fold Land (group 1)   Posted by Game Master.Group: 0
Game Master
 GM, 106 posts
Thu 5 Aug 2010
at 04:37
4.1 Into the Three-Fold Land (group 1)
The gateway opens into the darkness of the night sky and deep shadows.
Darek Halchov
 player, 1381 posts
Thu 5 Aug 2010
at 04:41
Re: 4.1 Into the Three-Fold Land (group 1)
With Xander out of commission, Darek heads through to scout the area and destroy any Trollocs that might be in the area.
Melina
 player, 693 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Thu 5 Aug 2010
at 18:32
Re: 4.1 Into the Three-Fold Land (group 1)
Melina moves through her gateway only after she gets the all clear from Darek and Raiel. She looks quickly to the west and spots the two Spires that named her sept. The Clan Chief's hold was not far from the base of those Spires.

"Darek we need to move on in that direction. We are headed to the Hold of the Sept Chief Duran. Chera is his his wife and Wise One. She knows how to treat tainted wounds. It is my home as well." Melina points to the Two Spires that dominate the landscape the west

This message was last edited by the player at 19:04, Thu 05 Aug 2010.

Darek Halchov
 player, 1382 posts
Thu 5 Aug 2010
at 22:10
Re: 4.1 Into the Three-Fold Land (group 1)
Darek waits for Ra'iel to head off first, knowing she would fan out and scout. Darek traveled just to the front of the line, the first to intercept any Trollocs from the front, and close enough to get them from the side and rear. Trollocs thankfully were quite noisy.

Darek hoped with Ra'iel taking the front scout position, the new Aiel would take the rear.

"How far is your home from here?" Darek asked Melina. It wouldn't be long before Darek would have to make it through her family and clan to be worthy of Melina in their eyes.
Aerhan
 player, 17 posts
 Duadhe Mahdi'in
 Wash the Spears
Sun 8 Aug 2010
at 01:30
Re: 4.1 Into the Three-Fold Land (group 1)
Aerhan moves in behind being the last to leave the sunlight lands. with he buckler up  and his best spear held in his right hand and he extras in his left her stride behind the mounted members of the party.
Melina
 player, 694 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Sun 8 Aug 2010
at 07:21
Re: 4.1 Into the Three-Fold Land (group 1)
Once everyone is through, Melina begins to unweave her Gateway. until the last thread she pulls collapses the whole weave safely.  It was tedious patient work especially since this weave uses all five affinities. a fine sweat beaded her brow as she worked.

Melina knew she was near home even without being able to see far in the dark,  The dryness of the air though was a shock after so long in the Wetlands.  Then there was scents of the night blooming moon flowers filled the air.

She turns to Darek. "We can go now.  Keep together and with me. These are the lands of the Reyn Chief. They are my clan but there are always, scouts and guards out and about the hold."

This message was last edited by the player at 07:22, Sun 08 Aug 2010.

Darek Halchov
 player, 1383 posts
Sun 8 Aug 2010
at 13:41
Re: 4.1 Into the Three-Fold Land (group 1)
Darek followed along on his horse, seeing what he could of the Waste as they progressed. This was his first trip here, but surely not his last. He hoped Melina would not want to settle here once the Final Battle was over.
Azara
 GM, 1082 posts
Sun 8 Aug 2010
at 20:32
Re: 4.1 Into the Three-Fold Land (group 1)
Azara steadies Xander's unconscious form and she ride forward into the darkness.  Aerhan followed behind her then moved out.

"Melina, we can not waste any time." Azara is deeply concerned by Xander's condition.
Raiel
 GM, 831 posts
Sun 8 Aug 2010
at 20:54
Re: 4.1 Into the Three-Fold Land (group 1)
Raiel slipped out of the small gully that was the entrance to Melina Secret place. A cleft between to deeply fractured rocks let her out into the open. She moved out cautiously from the shadowy cleft. trying to move form shadow to shadow. cautious but not thinking that the Hold would have scouts out this far from the hold. She heard the cry of the spotted owl, the the nightlark. Unless her ears were failing her they were not the cries of the real birds.

Raiel stepped back into the shadows.  Out of the darkness two figure stood and move forward.  Raiel brought up her buckler and gripped her spears firmly, she was ready for anything. Her eyes scanned not only for those she cold see but for those she could not. she turned her head slightly to catch any wayward sound.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:13, Sun 08 Aug 2010.

Reyn Aiel
Sun 8 Aug 2010
at 21:46
Re: 4.1 Into the Three-Fold Land (group 1)
Everyone make Spot and listen checks.

Outside Melina's secret place.

"I see you Spear Sister" comes a feminine voice from the lead of the two figures. "I know you, Raiel  of the Two Spires Sept, as you know me, Suri.  You have been long form us. There are other with you?  she ask is a voice that was both question and stement. We were told there would be."

The woman was a Far Dareis Mai of high standing in her Clan. She moved up towards Raiel. "I should learn not to question the Wise Ones when they speak to us of things we do no know of. We were told to watch and wait starting two days ago and bring whoever we found immediately to Chera. I know you did not get into that gully from out here. Perhaps you  will let me know how you walked out of it. Bring the others and let us finish this."
Raiel
 GM, 832 posts
Sun 8 Aug 2010
at 22:02
Re: 4.1 Into the Three-Fold Land (group 1)
"I know you Sura. I will return with the others," Raiel turns and moves back into the gully. Slipping through the rocks she makes her way back to the group.

Stopping before Melina and Darek. We have been expected. "Chera awaits us in the hold she has sent watchers out for several nights now. . Apparently the Wise Ones knew we would be coming, just not when."
Raiel
 GM, 833 posts
Tue 10 Aug 2010
at 03:33
Re: 4.1 Into the Three-Fold Land (group 1)
Raiel returned to find the group mounted and headed out off the gully.

"I found Spear Sisters waiting for us out there. Chera awaits our arrival.  Apparently are arrival was anticipated."
Melina
 player, 696 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Tue 10 Aug 2010
at 03:39
Re: 4.1 Into the Three-Fold Land (group 1)
Melina nods and moves her mount quickly forward winding her way out of the narrow opening leading out to the surrounding land.

She was home, with a husband who could channel. Worry suddenly blossomed in the bond between Darek and Melina, Melina being it source.

"Darek, you must be careful about what you do--at least with regards to channeling. Promise me, this. Please."
Darek Halchov
 player, 1387 posts
Tue 10 Aug 2010
at 12:38
Re: 4.1 Into the Three-Fold Land (group 1)
"As I promised before, if it does not endanger lives, then I shall refrain. should we be attacked, then I will use whatever weapons are best suited to deal with the threat."

She could ask no more of him. There was quite, umwavering determination to see all of them safely past the Final Battle whatever the cost.
Azara
 GM, 1084 posts
Tue 10 Aug 2010
at 17:21
Re: 4.1 Into the Three-Fold Land (group 1)
Azara closes up with to the other.  She was mindful that now she was in  a strange land.  A place totally unknown to her except form stories and those spoke of nothing good.,  Lands that burned you during the day, lands that froze you during the night and a People that would kill on sight.  Until she had met Melina and Raiel that was all she knew of it.  That they were her mother's lands was not much of a help.  What Azara clung onto tight now is that Melina said this Chera could heal Xander. That is what she focused on.  Whatever else came along would be dealt with.
Darek Halchov
 player, 1388 posts
Tue 10 Aug 2010
at 19:32
Re: 4.1 Into the Three-Fold Land (group 1)
Darek looked to Xander, then Azara as she rode up. Melina could feel the resolve from Darek. He would link if it helped to heal Xander.
Azara
 GM, 1086 posts
Tue 10 Aug 2010
at 19:37
Re: 4.1 Into the Three-Fold Land (group 1)
We need to get Xander to this Chera quickly.  What we did only slowed the taint.
Game Master
 GM, 109 posts
Tue 10 Aug 2010
at 20:27
Re: 4.1 Into the Three-Fold Land (group 1)
The group needs to ride out of the gully single file and take extra care to weave their way out of the narrow cleft that protected the entrance into the gully they had arrived in.  They exited into a groad flatish plain that spread out before them slanting slightly downhill.

Out of nowhere figures appeared clad in cadinsor and shoufa.  Raiel Spots Sura out in front with  the one who had accompanied her earlier. I have sent Maidens to Inform Chera of you arrival.  You come with strange companions Spear Sister.  Sura's sharp-eyed gaze missed none of the party members not any detail.  You ride with Wetlanders and wolves, Sister.  I might not had recognized Melina from her dress and mounted on a horse had I not know she would be here.  There is another that looks like our blood.  You will have many interesting tales to tell us I am sure.

A hand of Maidens surround Aerhan.  "I see you," A tall strawberry blond woman calls out, acknowledging his presence and expecting him to name himself.

Melina rides up to Sura.  We need to get to chera as quickly as possible Xander fought a Halfman and his wound is tainted.

Sura turns to the others Maiden and commands.  "Enoughm we run.

Run they did, the Maidens numbering about 25 headed and surrounded the mounted riders. There was no time for talk just speed. The covered the two miles quickly as a horse could canter. Never flagging never slowing down. Moonlight and starlight provided enough illumination for there to be shadows from the rocks and vegetation that covered the ground.

They ran into a small box canyon also with a narrow passage keaduing into it.  The ws the Two Spires Hold of the Sept of that same name of the Reyn Aiel, IT had never been taken by another clan or sept.   Stee[ walls and overhanging dges hid what was there.

Darek might wonder why they had come here until he saw faint glimmers of fire light from opening in the rack walls themselves. Some 70 to 80 get up the canyon's steep sides.

Sura leads the party over to an small groups of low tents set up on the floor of the canyon.  Chera is waiting there in the tents.  Melina is surprised a bit but heads that way.

Sure explained when she saw Melina's questioning glance.

"Chera said it would be better with so many strangers coming and not knowing our ways.  Why I do not know I am not a Wise One.  For me they learn or they die."

Sura moves over to the largest tent and passes through the flap of the tent holding it open and announcing, "They are here as you said Wise One."

Gaishin moved forward to Azara mount but the wolves Riverwind and Nosey bristled up and growl dropping their heads and flattening their ears. The white-robed figures stood still but did not retreat.
Darek Halchov
 player, 1389 posts
Tue 10 Aug 2010
at 22:57
Re: 4.1 Into the Three-Fold Land (group 1)
As soon as they arrive, Darek dismounts and waits for Melina, not helpin her here as he would elsewhere. He expected doing so would show weakness on Melina's part, or at least make them think Darek thought Melina weak. She was anything but.

He waited to be introduced, following Melina's cues.
Melina
 player, 697 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Sat 14 Aug 2010
at 18:26
Re: 4.1 Into the Three-Fold Land (group 1)
Melina dismounts before the largest of the three low tents. She moves over to Darek's horse. Waiting for him  Once her joins her. that Sura had entered. Now that the moment was here she was not eager to rush forward.