5.2 To the White Tower   Posted by Game Master.Group: 0
Jennor Elan
 player, 442 posts
 I am a Flame in the Void!
 Pursuing the Heron Mark!
Thu 16 Sep 2010
at 06:55
Re: 4.2 White Tower
Bren:
Bren make to the exit waiting for the others he motion toward the exit.

"We will split up, if you can pretend to be a young couple in love it would be best, no one questions a couple trying to find a secret cove for cuddling..."

Jennor pursed his lips in thought as he raised an eyebrow and glanced hesitantly over at Ahlandra before he said in a soft wary tone, "As a matter of fact, I was already considering that possible approach or ruse... however I had intended to be a bit more discrete in making the suggestion privately to Ahlandra to see if she was agreeable to the idea before pursuing that course of action and adopting that particular role."

Jennor looked back to Ahlandra and said in a cautious tone, "Seeing as Bren has already raised the issue in the open, would you be agreeable to such a plan Ahlandra?

I'll understand if you feel uncomfortable with the idea and want to adopt some alternative approach."

Bren
 player, 63 posts
 Mayene Warder
 Unbonded
Thu 16 Sep 2010
at 09:11
Re: 4.2 White Tower
Bren stare bore into Jennon "I fail to see the problem, would you ask her if charging a fist of trolloc made her uncomfortable ? no? I did not thought so."

Bren shakes his head "Unless I am mistaken you both took an otah to protect and guard, this is no different then charging a foe. However, if you are too childhish to see beyond some personal issues you can stay here and eat your fill. I will do my duty no matter how uncomfortable it make me feel"

Shaking his head once more Bren turn away openning the door and leaving the inn.
Ahlandra si Bashan Kellan
 player, 174 posts
Thu 16 Sep 2010
at 14:41
Re: 4.2 White Tower
Ahlandra smiledc at Jennor to acknowledge her assent to the plan before turning to Bren.  "I swore to obey my generals orders, which I have done. Everything from this point forward is above and beyond the call of duty, so a little more repect would be appreciated, especially as you don't know me.
Bren
 player, 64 posts
 Mayene Warder
 Unbonded
Thu 16 Sep 2010
at 16:50
Re: 4.2 White Tower
Bren turn to look at Ahlandra with an amused look then all of a sudden his face turn stone.

He speak in a soft voice, silk wrapping steel, "I do not know what oath you took or not, if you mean to protect our charge then there is no middle ground. Protecting those we travel with require more then just a strong arm, which I know you have. "

There is a trace of a smile on his face or maybe it is the shadows playing trick "I have full respect for you and was treating you like I would have treated Alehco if us two would have gone scouting of course if you'd rather be treated as simply a guard... "
Jennor Elan
 player, 443 posts
 I am a Flame in the Void!
 Pursuing the Heron Mark!
Fri 17 Sep 2010
at 01:17
Re: 4.2 White Tower
Jennor took a step between Bren and Ahlandra as he cleared his throat and said in a calming tone, "Ok... I think you mentioned something about heading off on your own to "gamble & socialize", right Bren?  Well perhaps that's what you ought to do while Ahlandra and I head off in the opposite direction.

As for "respect", at this point everyone in our little group deserves their fair share.  What's more, none of us require others to inform us as to what our duties are.  We all know quite well what's at stake and what is required of us."


Jennor looked Bren in the eye and added in a polite tone, "We'll see you soon, good luck with your drunken dicers."

Jennor lightly slipped his arm around Ahlandra and gently urged her in the opposite direction away from Bren as he said softly, "Best to just drop it for now... with some people, it is often futile to argue.  I don't know what his problem is, but that's not the Bren I knew many years ago... something is eating him from the inside and its best to leave him be to "stew" in private.

But please do understand Ahlandra that I know of your efforts, above & beyond, and I appreciate and respect your efforts on our behalf."

Hadara Sedai.
Fri 17 Sep 2010
at 02:20
Re: 4.2 White Tower
"Do you really want to know about Bren and his Aes Sedai>" Hadara's voice comes as she turns her attention back to the Accepted.  He is a Warder, or rather was a Warder. His Aes Sedai died in his arms as he tried to run miles carrying her to get her help. It was fortunate that he found a Yellow sister.  Not that she could heal death that already had claimed Felicia Sedai. but she was in time to save him from going mad.  He has been brought back from the brink, but not all the way back.  He is not that man he was. Whether he will ever bee remains to e seen.  The yellows said that it was time for him to get out to see just how far he has come and if any improvement in his state could or would happen." Hadara fineshed up

Hadara regarded each of the Accepted.  "On another note, I know there are things you are not telling me.  It is as clear as it can be.  THE why of It I don't know.  Perhaps to your relief anI am not going to ask you what that is. That it is important to you, at least, that you keep that secret. That is clearly apparent. And so some reason you seem to not be able to trust me." 

Hadara holds up her hand, "No don't deny it." I am old and have been around for a long time.  You think it is important to keep this secret.  However, at some point you will need to trust someone with this.  It would be unfortunate to have important information lost.  Too much of history and important information has been lost already some many holes  and lost knowledge.  Is there anyone you would trust with your information?"
Thayna Dabei
 player, 251 posts
 Domani Seductress
 White Tower Accepted
Fri 17 Sep 2010
at 05:20
Re: 4.2 White Tower
Thayna met Hadara's gaze after taking a moment tp process what she said.  "Knowing is better that guessing. I thank you for telling us that."
Nerissa din Nelyn
 player, 450 posts
 Atha'an Miere Accepted
 wants to be an Aes Sedai
Fri 17 Sep 2010
at 07:59
Re: 4.2 White Tower
Hadara Sedai:
"However, at some point you will need to trust someone with this...  Is there anyone you would trust with your information?"

Nerissa listens to what Hadara Sedai says and wonders, Can she read our minds? It is not our secret, but Murane Sedai's! Would Murane Sedai release us to reveal any of our information? But what if that would reveal Murane Sedai's secret, and Hadara Sedai is Black Ajah?

At the end of Hadara's speech, Nerissa decides that sooner or later all of the group is going to have to decide whether to trust Hadara Sedai... or not.

She has been observing Hadara Sedai for some time now. If Thayna and I are worthy of becoming Aes Sedai, we are going to have to be able to take responsibility, not only for ourselves, but for our friends and neighbors... even, ultimately, for the fate of the world!

She concentrates and then tries to make a decision... Nerissa din Nelyn rolled 20 using 1d20+13. Sense Motive: Hadara's trustworthiness.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:01, Fri 17 Sept 2010.

Thayna Dabei
 player, 252 posts
 Domani Seductress
 White Tower Accepted
Fri 17 Sep 2010
at 18:35
Re: 4.2 White Tower
Thayna listened to Hadara. The first part surprised her==about Bren.  A warder who had lost his Aes Sedai usually died in the  attempt to avenger her, but his had died in his arms==How sad.   The second part of what she had to say had Thayna wondering. Was she just an astute observer wise in the ways of others or was she trying to trick them into telling her what they had not.

The problem was which was she? Perhaps she was both both and even something more perhaps, like BLACK AJAH. Thayna could not help herself.  She looked at Nerissa.  What did he friend think about what Hadara had said. the question on her face were clear.

"Will you excuse us for the moment Hadara Sedai?  Nerissa and I have something to discuss." Thayna stood and walked away in the assumption that Hadara Sedai would let them leave the table.  It was a bold move on her part but she would not reveal a thing without consulting Nerissa first.
Bren
 player, 65 posts
 Mayene Warder
 Unbonded
Sat 18 Sep 2010
at 00:43
Re: 4.2 White Tower
Bren measures Jennor with a stone face stare then slowly nods "Remember our goal is to gather information not to begin a war... good hunting, peace on your blade."

Then he is out by the door heading into the night.

Outside Bren take the long walk of the street getting the feel of Whitebridge. It has been ten or so years since last he was here and even then it was in passing.

Once he feels secure enough in what he knows of the streets he will begin his rounds of visiting the different inns playing dice and causally marking any rumors he would pick up.
Game Master
 GM, 145 posts
Sat 18 Sep 2010
at 00:57
Re: 4.2 White Tower
Bren

Bren while Bren renews his acquaintance with Whitebridge waling around checking out the taverns and inns and see which one cater to caravans and their guards, or those who cater to local people or richer folk that travel this way from the north or south. Several he remembers and they have not changed their patronage.  Now that he has a good idea then she can choose one to start with. 

There are a few Whitecloaks about usually in twos and threes, never alone.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ahlandra and Jennor.

Not being as familiar with the town of WHitebridge, They must search for places where they might gather information.  They see Whitecloaks about again in twos and threes and never alone.  The Whitecloaks seem somewhat attentive to what is going on about them but not overly. The pass some taverns that seem to cater to local folks and rich inn with a large  stable yard. A fancy  coach is parked off to the side in the courtyard and a man is cleaning it up.

Whitebridge is part of Andor.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:58, Sat 18 Sept 2010.

Jennor Elan
 player, 444 posts
 I am a Flame in the Void!
 Pursuing the Heron Mark!
Sat 18 Sep 2010
at 02:09
Re: 4.2 White Tower
Jennor leans close to Ahlandra as if "whisper sweet nothings" to his beloved but in actuality saying in a soft, whispered tone, "So do you think we should keep looking, should we tag along with one of the pairs or trios of the Whitecloaks, or should we enter that rich looking inn and check out who might be the owner of that fancy coach?

By the way, are you by any chance fluent in the Old Tongue?  If so, that might be a means of discrete communication between us... though there's always the risk some noble or even some Whitecloak officer might speak it as well."

Nerissa din Nelyn
 player, 451 posts
 Atha'an Miere Accepted
 wants to be an Aes Sedai
Sat 18 Sep 2010
at 03:10
Re: 4.2 White Tower
Nerissa got up and curtsied to Hadara Sedai, "Yes. Will you please excuse me?" She walked with Thayna, far enough away so that they couldn't be overheard by Hadara, and was on the lookout should Hadara try to overhear with the One Power.

Once she is sure that she is far enough, and she turns so that her lips cannot be read, says, "The Dragon Reborn is not our tale to tell. Murane Sedai sent us to Emond's Field. I believe she is the only one who can say that we can tell what little that we have learned.

What do you think?"

Thayna Dabei
 player, 253 posts
 Domani Seductress
 White Tower Accepted
Sat 18 Sep 2010
at 03:19
Re: 4.2 White Tower
Thayna turned so her back was to Hadara and blocking Hadara's sight of Nerissa who was smaller than she was. She looked at her. I agree about the Dragon Reborn but that tale is more likely than our other reason for going there. Do you mean tell her about the Berlaine Sedai ahd Black Ajah  if not for the Dragon Reborn what other reason would possibly make sense to Hadara Sedai.
Nerissa din Nelyn
 player, 452 posts
 Atha'an Miere Accepted
 wants to be an Aes Sedai
Sat 18 Sep 2010
at 07:54
Re: 4.2 White Tower
Nerissa sighs and shakes her head with worry. "Also, I am convinced that woman back in Maradon, Adana, used Compulsion against Jennor and myself. Was she the channeler who had Ahlandra fighting the others in the tent? Or was all of that my imagination?

If the Black Ajah has extended its tendrils into Maradon, then is it not likely that it is in the White Tower as well? Murane Sedai could be dead already!

If we truly are Aes Sedai material, we will have to face up to the tough decisions. If we do not warn Hadara Sedai about the Black Ajah, we could be endangering her life, as well as her Warder's and Bren's.

And, if time really is of the essence, we can share the Gateway weave with her. We can be in the White Tower in no time!

So, do we tell her or not?

If she is Black Ajah, we could have a fight here and now. Or she could keep it a secret to take us unawares at her leisure later."


Nerissa shakes her head again. "I would rather warn her so that she could be prepared, or risk a fight with her now. The alternative is that we say nothing, we risk being taken unawares when we get back to the White Tower anyway, whether we warn her or not and whether she is Black Ajah or not!

I say we have it out with her now, before the men return! Her Warder and Bren are older and likely more skilled than Jennor and Ahlandra.

I say we confront her without the One Power. Can you fight hand-to-hand? It would be we two against her.

We tell her what we think, try our best to judge her reaction, and, if she betrays herself, we fight her and kill her."

Bren
 player, 66 posts
 Mayene Warder
 Unbonded
Sat 18 Sep 2010
at 09:06
Re: 4.2 White Tower
Bren heads toward the seedier part of Whitebridge, trying to gleam some information from the low life and those living in the fringes of society. Once, his family hired thief catcher told him that this was the best way to know what goes on a city or town and Whitebridge seem big enough to have such thriving underground community.

He will play dice, spend his copper and some silver, so he will not be mistaken for a rich prey, lose more then win and sniff the mood and rumors. His goal to discover how many Whitecloaks are here and about and any other rumors of interest.
Ahlandra si Bashan Kellan
 player, 175 posts
Sat 18 Sep 2010
at 14:57
Re: 4.2 White Tower
"sorry, not exactly a soldier's language, though I agree with the plan to follow them, for now it seems the best option."  replied Ahlandra whispering in his ear with an earthy giggle afterward, to further sell their deception.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:01, Sat 18 Sept 2010.

Jennor Elan
 player, 445 posts
 I am a Flame in the Void!
 Pursuing the Heron Mark!
Sun 19 Sep 2010
at 03:41
Re: 4.2 White Tower
Jennor smiled warmly as he lightly ran his fingers through Ahlandra's hair before sighing "heavily", and then saying in a soft tone, "Alright then, we'll continue strolling "idly" while keeping an eye on the visible WCs."

Jennor pulled back from Ahlandra and gently wrapped one of his arms around her waist as he escorted her along the side of the street at a relaxed pace.

Jennor leaned closer and said softly, "I wonder what a WC actually does for "fun", hmm?  I wonder how much to heart they take their hatred of women, eh?"
Game Master
 GM, 153 posts
Fri 24 Sep 2010
at 18:24
Re: 4.2 White Tower
JEnnor and Ahlandra

The wandering couple continues to move about the town, seeming absorbed more with themselves than their surroundings but that was not true.  Both kept their ears open and eyes alert for chanced to gain information.  Pretty soon they realized that being  always on the move was not keeping them in one place long enough to listen fully to what was being said.  It made it to obvious is they suddenly slowed down to listen to someone talking if they thought it was interesting. They made the decision to go somewhere where people were and then sit down and do some listening. 

Bren

Bren made his way to the less travel places in Whitebridge--the cheaper inns and taverns frequented by locals and travelers looking for cheap prices. These places were off the beaten track. providing the basic to those whose purses were not so plumb.  The places that served the merchants guards but not the merchant, It was here where he hoped to get a feel of what was going on. The  The ares grew shall we say less attractive,  Bren gathers stares from a few local but he looks to well armed for and carries himself in a manner that make most rethink any plans they might have concerning him. You do fins a place that seems to fit what you want.

Entering you find a lunch time crowd of mostly men, with a few serving girls to tend to them and a barkeep tending the bar. IT isn't the dirtiest you have been in but not the cleanest either.  THE smell of olf beer and ale and soaked into the the wood of the floors and walls and the smell of smoke and tabac. There are locals scattered about,  some sitting alone and some gathered together on noisy group contain five men that that have the look of guards wearing short swords and hefty daggers.   One has a crossbow next to him as well.
Jennor Elan
 player, 452 posts
 I am a Flame in the Void!
 Pursuing the Heron Mark!
Sat 25 Sep 2010
at 20:02
Re: 4.2 White Tower
Realizing that they were not really getting anywhere by randomly following Whitecloaks around, Jennor sensed that perhaps Ahlandra shared a similar feeling.  During their next pause, Jennor leaned in and said in a soft tone, "I think we might make more progress if we pick a spot and stay there.  Obviously picking somewhere inside may be less conspicuous than picking somewhere outside.

What do you think Ahlandra?  Maybe we should go back and check out that Inn where the fancy carriage was parked?  Or perhaps try some other place, just hang around and keep our eyes & ear open?"

Bren
 player, 67 posts
 Mayene Warder
 Unbonded
Sat 25 Sep 2010
at 21:50
Re: 4.2 White Tower
Bren ease himself with a mug ale, a mug he drank little of.

In most inns of this sort men diced and he searched for the crowding.

Joining it he would toss his copper and silver, making sure to lose more then to win and keeping silent and listening.
Game Master
 GM, 154 posts
Sat 25 Sep 2010
at 22:15
Re: 4.2 White Tower
Bren hears general complaints of the locals about the cold weather this year and how it had hung on very late this year making for a short growing season.  Other responded with wishes that it wouldn't hold on so long this year. Once when two Whitecloaks entered  the talk quieted except for on of the gamblers who muttered something under his breath and a companion that shushed him until they left and there were several more who made various comments.

One of the guard types next to Bren Watched the Whitecloaks disappear form the inn, and he spat as they left. "I don't care what they claim about them walking in the light, I have seen what they do when they ride into a place lording it over the locals making trouble. Naming folk Darkfriend or worse. Taking old grannies who do that healing and naming them witches. So more harm than good."
Bren
 player, 68 posts
 Mayene Warder
 Unbonded
Sat 25 Sep 2010
at 22:28
Re: 4.2 White Tower
Bren toss the dice losing some coins as he notice how badly the dice came for him.

"Interesting," he mutters his Mayene accent noticeable while he signal a barmaid for more ale for his "new" drinking buddy "With the history Andor has with the tower I was sure the queen will not let the whitecloack roam free in her domain."
Caravan guard
Sun 26 Sep 2010
at 03:21
Re: 4.2 White Tower
"They keep trying to  stick their noses into our business." Queen needs to druve them out again." The guard spats again.

"They can stay for all I care." With all that nastiness that took place shortly after Beltine. People seeing shadowmen." mutters another

"No one knows where the story game from," says another. "Whitecloaks may have spread it themselves just to get there noses in here."

"Mark my words said the caravan guard. They will start naming people Darkfriends and the Fang will show up on doors.  That is their way. said the caravan guard.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:25, Sun 26 Sept 2010.

Bren
 player, 69 posts
 Mayene Warder
 Unbonded
Sun 26 Sep 2010
at 06:10
Re: 4.2 White Tower
Bren orders another round of drinks to all his new friends.

"Shadowmen? here in Whitebridge? I thought they were just myth told in the borderlands." he chuckles nervously.

"What does the rumor say?"