5.2 To the White Tower   Posted by Game Master.Group: 0
Talis Lee
 player, 8 posts
Thu 16 Dec 2010
at 14:12
Re: 5.2 White Tower
Moving ahead, Talis studies the road ahead of them and then the sides of the road. He notes any and all possible ambush sites and studies them carefully. His senses full alert. In the process, he kinda thinks back to what he said and chuckles and says softly to himself, "I don't think I chose my words correctly." He shrugs and continues on. Appears he spends a great deal of time in the wilderness and not enough time in learning some people skills.
Game Master
 GM, 214 posts
Fri 24 Dec 2010
at 05:45
Re: 5.2 White Tower
There is traffic on the road even this early.  Formers coming in with produce from their farms are some of the earliest.  Merchant trains setting out with you but the coach and four horse team make you much quicker vehicle.  about and hour or two out you are among some of the first travelers from White bridge making it this far though, a few have joined in from some of the small villages but most travel only a short way and then go off road on their own pursuits--local traffic that picks up and drops off the whole time.  Things go smoothly enough except for the died ruts from winter rains the cause and sickening sort of roll and sway in the coac, until latw morning almost near noon.

Everyone make a spot check, if you are inside the coach it is at -6
Nerissa din Nelyn
 player, 474 posts
 Atha'an Miere Accepted
 wants to be an Aes Sedai
Fri 24 Dec 2010
at 07:07
Re: 5.2 White Tower
Nerissa was watching the scenery go by from inside the coach, but really had been concentrating more on embellishing the false history for her having been in Caemlyn.

She had been in Caemlyn several years before, on her original journey to the White Tower, and so was a little familiar with town and its surroundings.

Nerissa din Nelyn rolled 5, Spot.
Jennor Elan
 player, 495 posts
 I am a Flame in the Void!
 Pursuing the Heron Mark!
Fri 24 Dec 2010
at 09:11
Re: 5.2 White Tower
By mutual consensus, it was decided to split up the rear guard duty between the three of them (Jennor, Bren and Alecho).  As luck would have it, Jennor had taken the first rotation and had just finished his watch.  He was riding back to catch up with the other two.  Bren and Alecho had mentioned deciding on the road as to which of them would take the 2nd watch.  Thus far everything had seemed fairly calm and tame, though for how much longer it would remain so was uncertain.

OOC: Jennor Elan rolled 28 using 1d20+13. Spot.
Thayna Dabei
 player, 274 posts
 Domani Seductress
 White Tower Accepted
Fri 24 Dec 2010
at 18:06
Re: 5.2 White Tower
Thayna had a lot to think about, she gave up worrying and what might happening it make her feel  worse and accomplished nothing for all the efforts.  SHe did not forgets those worries just put them on the back burner. Her story would be simple truth.  She was a member of a rich Domani trading family, traveling often with various members of her family learning the business. She had be invited By the Lady Azara whom she had meet while traveling and her family--her current family, these friends around her though that she would not mention--had encouraged her to visit the lord's daughter for a vacation at their hunting lodge. After all what trouble could three young women get into in a off season hunting lodge.

Thayna share her story with the others. It was fortunate, she thought that neither Nerissa or she had achieved that ageless look because they were still young. Hadara of course had.
Talis Lee
 player, 13 posts
Sat 25 Dec 2010
at 03:06
Re: 5.2 White Tower


Keeping his senses on high alert, Talis scouts up ahead of the group. He watches extremely carefully for any signs of trouble before heading back to the group to check on them before riding up ahead once more.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:07, Sat 25 Dec 2010.

Game Master
 GM, 216 posts
Sat 25 Dec 2010
at 07:09
Re: 5.2 White Tower
The very firs to spot the distant riders was Talis being in the lead with less dust from the horses and carriage being kicked up. All the "guards" had soon learned to ride slightly to the side of the carriage or enough behind so that they did not inhale or eat any of the dust kicked up from the slightly dried road.  (Hwe rolled a nat 2010 to spot.  He caught and glimpse of white, white cloaks to be precise-- clearly indicating who and what the riders were,

However he is not sure of the number from this angle they were coming in towards them. straight on. but by their grouping she could the riders it could be 4-10 he didn't think more that that.
Talis Lee
 player, 14 posts
Sat 25 Dec 2010
at 17:24
Re: 5.2 White Tower
Talis sighs as he really hates white cloaks. There is enough of them that he can be outmatched by numbers alone if they should attack him. So, he refuses to give them a reason and just turns and returns to the others to report his findings and prepare the ladies.
Game Master
 GM, 217 posts
Tue 4 Jan 2011
at 17:35
Re: 5.2 White Tower
The group of white cloaks begin to turn slightly to intercept the road, It is not clear, as of yet, whether they intend to cross it or turn onto it.
Thayna Dabei
 player, 275 posts
 Domani Seductress
 White Tower Accepted
Tue 4 Jan 2011
at 17:44
Re: 5.2 White Tower
Thayna had thought about her story and decided that the simple truth with editing would suffice. " Iam sticking to the truth with a few deletions.  My family, as Nerissa knows, is a powerful merchant house in Arad Doman. I was traveling with various members of my family to learn the business. I met the Lady Azara and was invited with Nerissa to join her at the hunting lodge.  My family desired for me to make such personal connections, being good for the business. None of which I will volunteer unnecessarily," she adds with a grim.  "I can be as quite haughty about my family connections and arrogant as a noble."
Talis Lee
 player, 15 posts
Tue 4 Jan 2011
at 20:37
Re: 5.2 White Tower
Talis is seen up ahead returning to the group.

[OOC: Won't jump ahead of the GM so will wait till he says I am there.]
Talis Lee
 player, 16 posts
Wed 5 Jan 2011
at 07:34
Re: 5.2 White Tower
PM ]
Jennor Elan
 player, 497 posts
 I am a Flame in the Void!
 Pursuing the Heron Mark!
Fri 7 Jan 2011
at 05:03
Re: 5.2 White Tower
Jennor's superior eyesight had spotted the approaching Whitecloaks and he took a moment to judge the distances as well as the two groups' respective paces before he rode up to the window of the carriage.  Leaning over slightly to look into the carriage, Jennor said in a concerned tone, "It looks like a group of about 4-10 Whitecloaks riding up ahead.  If they continue at there current pace, I estimate the riders will converge with our group in as little as 12 minutes or as much as 30 minutes.  But... if they pick up the pace by spurring their mounts into a trot, the meeting could be in as little as 7 minutes but certainly no more than 23 minutes.

If you're going to use back stories, I suggest you get them prepared & ready to use very soon.

Lady Hadara Rennkin, how do you want us guards to handle this situation?  Should we divert any and all questioning directly to you?"

Nerissa din Nelyn
 player, 476 posts
 Atha'an Miere Accepted
 wants to be an Aes Sedai
Fri 7 Jan 2011
at 07:43
Re: 5.2 White Tower
When Jennor's message was being given to Lady Hadara, Nerissa looked at Thayna, touched her arm gently, and whispered, "We can use Composure to calm ourselves, beginning in about 5 minutes and continuing until they arrive."

Taking 10, Nerissa can get 23.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:44, Fri 07 Jan 2011.

Thayna Dabei
 player, 276 posts
 Domani Seductress
 White Tower Accepted
Sun 9 Jan 2011
at 08:22
Re: 5.2 White Tower
Thayna just nods to her and bides her time until the five minutes are up she does that by counted  her numbers to a ditty she learned as a child, 60 seconds in a minute 60 minutes in and hout....and so forth. she marked each count of sixty by curling one finger under When her hand ws closed she would be ready to seek composure.
Game Master
 GM, 218 posts
Wed 12 Jan 2011
at 17:48
Re: 5.2 White Tower
THe Whit Cloaks are nothing alone at an angle and swing to intercept the road at an angle.  The coach moves on steadily. though the coachman leans s bot pit to call to  out Bren. "You want me to move the pace on or drop back a bit to move away from them."

Most of you can tell that it looks like they are going to meet up to the road close to where you will be when they do. Ahlandra loosened her blade surreptitiously.
Talis Lee
 player, 18 posts
Thu 13 Jan 2011
at 05:41
Re: 5.2 White Tower
Talis returns to the group. He turns around to look behind him and sees the white cloaks are in full view. He returns his gaze upon the group and sees that they are preparing for the inevital meeting. He pulls up beside the wagon and speaks in, "Lets just continue on casualy but move to the side to give them space. Lets avoid a fight if we can." His tone is soft but loud enough for the occupants in the coach to hear. He rides beside the coach to wait for any replies.
Thayna Dabei
 player, 277 posts
 Domani Seductress
 White Tower Accepted
Tue 18 Jan 2011
at 18:32
Re: 5.2 White Tower
Thayna had been quiet during all of this but ideas kept floating in her head about what she might do if she was in this position.  Her aunt had  coached her in the homilies of dealing with difficult customers and one things she had said  suddenly came to mind.  She looked over to Nerissa and then to Hadara Sedai.

"Hadara Seiai,.perhaps we can avoid trouble if we simple call them over and ....well invite them to protect us as far as they are going in this direction.. It may be that will look on us as friends of the Whitecloaks or they may think such a mission is below them, but either way we have made ourselves less suspicious to them."

This message was last edited by the player at 18:35, Tue 18 Jan 2011.

Talis Lee
 player, 22 posts
Wed 19 Jan 2011
at 05:39
Re: 5.2 White Tower
Talis looks over to her and smiles but then speaks, "That is a sound idea except that they are coming towards us. Which gives to reason that they are moving in the opposite direction we are going...but it may work." He thinks a moment then speaks again, "The question you need to ask yourselves is this, do you need the whitecloaks scrutinizing our everymove and can you keep your rings and other channeling devices hidden long enough while they are here? Eventually either we slip up or they will notice something. They are that anal intentive." He continues on as he waits for replies.
Thayna Dabei
 player, 278 posts
 Domani Seductress
 White Tower Accepted
Wed 19 Jan 2011
at 18:09
Re: 5.2 White Tower
No we don't need that, but if they turn this way we may want to at least consider that option."
Hadara Sedai.
Wed 19 Jan 2011
at 18:14
Re: 5.2 White Tower
Hadara listens to the by play between the accepted and the warder in training. until they had finished. "Hmmm, Girl you may have the makings of an Aes Sedai unfer the right circumstances that tactic has merit. Taren that was good counsel as well. You not only have to guard your Aes Sedai but you also have to give good counsel to them as well, especially to the flight young ones and the headstrong ones..
Nerissa din Nelyn
 player, 479 posts
 Atha'an Miere Accepted
 wants to be an Aes Sedai
Wed 19 Jan 2011
at 18:58
Re: 5.2 White Tower
Nerissa wondered which of the two Hadara Sedai would classify Thayna and herself.

She didn't consider herself either flighty or headstrong. But then, she wasn't at all diplomatic and would be disastrous for speaking to the Whitecloaks.

However, she wasn't clear as to what Talis was referring to, "We can take off our rings. What else in our appearance suggests that we are other than merchants?
Talis Lee
 player, 24 posts
Thu 20 Jan 2011
at 07:56
Re: 5.2 White Tower
Talis looks to her and speaks softly again, "You and the others are young enough that your beauty matches quite closely with your ages and should not have an issue, but Hadara has the young look of a channeler. She has maintained her beauty quite well. But, what ever we do, lets try to be cautiouse without looking like we are trying to be cautiouse." He looks back towards the whitecloaks and sighs as they are soon to approach. "decide on who will do the talking and fast as they are approaching quickly. I must confess that I really don't like whitecloaks too well so best that I keep quiet for the most part." He goes quiet again to wait for replies and to keep watch for trouble.
Jennor Elan
 player, 500 posts
 I am a Flame in the Void!
 Pursuing the Heron Mark!
Thu 20 Jan 2011
at 08:10
Re: 5.2 White Tower
Jennor clears his throat slightly as he says softly, "Well Master Lee is correct about one thing at least, we need to decide whom among us is going to do the talking and that decision needs to be made quite soon.

In fact I would say that 2 people need to be selected.  The first person to address them should be one of the "guards" representing those "in service".  But no doubt the Whitecloaks will want to speak with the person "in charge" or at least the one claiming the highest social rank.  Needless to say, that naturally means one of you who is riding within the coach.  The lead "guard" and then indicate to the Whitecloaks the lady "employer" who will speak for the party as a whole.

While we may not wish to actually ask them to escort us, it might not be a bad idea to inquire of them as to any potential dangers we should be aware of along the road ahead.  Appeal to them as "protectors" and "upholders of the law & the Light" to provide forewarning of any threats along this path."


Jennor cast a quick glance back in the direction of the approaching Whitecloaks as he waited for the decision to be made within.
Nerissa din Nelyn
 player, 480 posts
 Atha'an Miere Accepted
 wants to be an Aes Sedai
Thu 20 Jan 2011
at 23:22
Re: 5.2 White Tower
Nerissa looked at Thayna, "Thayna, at the risk of obbligating you to be the point person to speak to the Whitecloaks, I believe, with your Background, that you might have the interpersonal skills to do the best job."