6.1 Into the Westlands, Again.   Posted by Game Master.Group: 0
Vance
 player, 97 posts
 Dari Duelist
 Pick a Card, Any Card!
Mon 14 Mar 2011
at 22:44
Re: Into the Westlands, Again
"So a pregnant woman with her channeling husband who may go crazy, and a duelist enter this bar...." Vance grins."The Stone of Tear? -The- Stone of Tear? You want to bloody go find the Dragon Reborn, and fight in the Last Battle with a wife whom is with child....perhaps madness already has taken its toll on /both/ of you."

The duelist chuckles."I know Aiel are bloodthirsty savages. Or at least I have heard but the ones I've seen this day are different, I can tell that much. Maybe not much but different. And definatly attractive." Of course he's talking about Rai but there's no chance in that!

Vance ponders this for some time and finally speaks again."What would I get out of this venture?" Well he is a gambling man and a rogue....
Darek Halchov
 player, 1500 posts
Mon 14 Mar 2011
at 22:50
Re: Into the Westlands, Again
"Besides adventure, stories to be told in taverns, and what coin might be had gambling? No doubt the Dragon Reborn will need great wealth to hire armies, buy supplies, and such. Being around that kind of money can only be good."

"It would be madness to think my beloved wife would sit idle for 9 months until our children are born."
Darek smiles as he gently squeezes Melina's hand.
Vance
 player, 98 posts
 Dari Duelist
 Pick a Card, Any Card!
Mon 14 Mar 2011
at 22:54
Re: Into the Westlands, Again
Shaking his head, Vance chuckles yet again."So you expect to be able to walk right into the Stone and say hello? Well I have heard there may be some interesting trinkets inside...." He taps the hilt of his rapier lightly."...and to think all I wanted was a bite to eat, some good strong drink and a warm body next to me and I get trollocs, the dragon reborn, and three channelers..."

The man taps the rapier hilt a few more times and paces a bit."Sounds fun. I'm in." What are you bloody thinking Vance? Seriously?
Melina
 player, 748 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Mon 14 Mar 2011
at 23:00
Re: Into the Westlands, Again
"I do not know about this Dragon Reborn I search for the Car'a'carn.  He will lead us to Tarmon Gaidan. Darek told me he might be the dame person  and his Dragon reborn  but the prophecies are different.  They might be two different people.  Ours will lead up to Tarmin Guidan real us together and tear us apart. I go with what has been told of for the Car'a'carn."

As for my condition I will know when it is time.
Darek Halchov
 player, 1501 posts
Mon 14 Mar 2011
at 23:00
Re: Into the Westlands, Again
Darek smiles. "Good to hear it. Sorry to hear Azara is staying, but its understandable with Xander and her father here."
Lord Franconholt
Mon 14 Mar 2011
at 23:31
Re: Into the Westlands, Again
Lord Draconholt had just been listening.  He found out that after a bit people forgot he was there. He took what all the others were daying and had had wiven the details together quite well enough to be a bit converne except that Azara was not traveling on with these oeiple. Xander was another matter though that he would have to fing out.  Whn Melina talked about Aiel womjem in particular, he finally spoke up.

"The lady Melina is right about her knowing when she is fur to give birth.  My Aalin. Azara's mother was Aiel. She knew well when Azara would be born and she didn't stop doings thing until the last day. However that is a story for another time. Aiel are not us, in many ways. She was the strongest minded woman I ever knew."
Darek Halchov
 player, 1502 posts
Sat 19 Mar 2011
at 14:58
Re: Into the Westlands, Again
Darek looks to those gathered. "Azara, it has beena  pleasure and an honor traveling with you. Sir, your daughter has done you and her mother proud. I'll let her tell of her bravery and skill, but know she has saved many lived."

"Xander, wish you were coming along with you beautiful mate, but I know your place is at her side. Either of you need anything, we'll get there as fast as we can."
The delay would likely be getting that word as they could Travel most anywhere.

"Tomorrow we will leave for Tear. With the Creator's luck, we will encounter this car'a'carn and dragon reborn. If nothing else, we can sift through the tales and the Ocean breezes will be refreshing."
Game Master
 GM, 239 posts
Sat 19 Mar 2011
at 16:49
Re: Into the Westlands, Again
Azara had already rejoined the group while her father stayed writing.

"I will miss  you she said to Darek and Melina.  You will always be welcome here or wherever I am at.   Raiel, I know you will keep them safe. She glanced at Jhaldn. "May you find what  you are seeking. She moves to Vance, "Thank you for all you did today. May your journey take you where you want to go.

Lord Draconholt returns to the group, bringing back He passes out a sealed envelope. To each of the and a small pouch.  Each of these are drafts on my bank in Caemlyn.  I understand that most of you are headed that way. The pouches contain fifty Gold Marks each When you are ready to leave there are packs for food rations a drink for each of you and a pack horse will be included is you desire one.

"Thank you all for what you have done for my daughter and my people." he said with heartfelt sincerity.
Darek Halchov
 player, 1503 posts
Sat 19 Mar 2011
at 16:55
Re: Into the Westlands, Again
Darek looked at the pouches and the drafts. If the pouch had 50 marks each, what did the drafts have?

"No reward is necessary, but the money is greatly appreciated and will help in our travels."
Melina
 player, 749 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Sun 20 Mar 2011
at 20:44
Re: Into the Westlands, Again
"May ypu always have Water and shade and you will be welcome ever in my tent. Azara is one of us, you will be welcome to the Reyn Aiel. Ask to speak to a wise one. Then speak Chera,s  name. If Azara is not with you, and that she is a Wise One of the Reyn Aiel."

"The money ss appreciated, we travel far and on many unknown roads far from home, but as Darek said unnecessary for what was done to aid your people."
Vance
 player, 101 posts
 Dari Duelist
 Pick a Card, Any Card!
Mon 21 Mar 2011
at 04:13
Re: Into the Westlands, Again
Rubbing his unshaven chin, the thieving gambler grins as the envelope is given to  him. He seems to think about the travel and what it may entail. Bowing to Azara, he takes her hand and kisses it all noble like.

Vance thanks her father for the money, and most likely will end up gambling it away because well its what he does."So when shall we depart for the Stone? This should prove interesting."
Melina
 player, 750 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Mon 28 Mar 2011
at 21:41
Re: Into the Westlands, Again
"Thank you for the supplies and if our mounts can be made ready we must continue our travels." She hand gestures Azara in Aiel hand talk, <<In Tel'an'rhiod every night. at 12 your time.>>

"We are leaving for Tar Valon U need to so some research. She looks quickly at Darek at this pronouncement."

"Vance are going your own way?"

Azara
 GM, 1126 posts
Mon 28 Mar 2011
at 21:44
Re: Into the Westlands, Again
Azara moves to Melina and impulsively give her a long hug.  "I will miss you.  She then turns to Darek You sill take care of her... and yourself."
Darek Halchov
 player, 1504 posts
Mon 28 Mar 2011
at 21:56
Re: Into the Westlands, Again
"Tar Valon? First, they aren't known for allowing men, especially men that can channel, into their library."

"Second, what research would you have me do? Do you think they have records of this car'acarn?"

Melina
 player, 751 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Mon 28 Mar 2011
at 22:16
Re: Into the Westlands, Again


Melina waited until they were out of earshot.  "You search for This Dragon I search for the Car'a'carn. I would compare prophecies to see if there is any similarity between them.  Azara knew a few but the Tower should have them all that have been discovered so far. You do not have to enter the Tower itself.  I would not ask that of you.  I have not heard that Aes Sedai know when Males Channel but there always might be one that might be one that can to sense Saidin. But I must know more and that is the best place I know to look for such information."
Darek Halchov
 player, 1505 posts
Mon 28 Mar 2011
at 22:23
Re: Into the Westlands, Again
"I would not let you go into that place alone. They are known to keep girls who can channel against their will."

"There are great libraries in Tear and Camlyn. Even the better Gleeman would know many if not all of the prophecies of the dragon."

Melina
 player, 752 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Thu 31 Mar 2011
at 16:37
Re: Into the Westlands, Again
"I listen to your words, Husband we will check first in Caemlyn and find a bard as but I have a task to go to Tar Valon as well.  If they took me, they would not hold me unless I wanted to be held. Unless they shielded me," she added after a pause. "It is Wide One business." She said no more on the subject.
Darek Halchov
 player, 1506 posts
Thu 31 Mar 2011
at 17:01
Re: Into the Westlands, Again
"Then Tar Valon it is." He'd not see his wife harmed if he had to bring the tower down around those witches ears.
Vance
 player, 103 posts
 Dari Duelist
 Pick a Card, Any Card!
Fri 1 Apr 2011
at 03:16
Re: Into the Westlands, Again
"So you want to go to Tar Valon and not Tear now? Why can't people make up their minds..." Vance stands there, seeming impatient but trying to hide it. He watches husband and wife for a long moment, and decides to speak again.

"So what's so important in Tar Valon? Last thing I want to do is get dragged into Aes Sedai politics. They are a bit of a drag..."
Game Master
 GM, 243 posts
Mon 11 Apr 2011
at 18:42
Re: Into the Westlands, Again
The group gathers up their horses' and the pack animals and return to the road.   heading towards Tar Valon. It would be long trip a both in distance and time for most. As one man and two men, alone without back animals, they were likely prospect for some, with the pack animals they became more interesting to those who would desire the supplies as none of them were dressed poorly more like merchants or minor nobles .

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:47, Tue 19 Apr 2011.

Game Master
 GM, 250 posts
Tue 26 Apr 2011
at 16:55
Re: Into the Westlands, Again
The trio of travelers move  through Devin,s Ride, and thru Taren's Ferry, t even pauusing to stop there after Azara's warning to them. They crossed the Taren River. They had made good time to here by steady riding not even pausing only to water their houses and take the opportunity to eat the prepared food food.
Darek Halchov
 player, 1507 posts
Tue 26 Apr 2011
at 17:04
Re: Into the Westlands, Again
The had been to Azara's home enough times that Darek could have easily made a Gateway to get them to Tar Valon but truth be told, he was in no hurry to be there.

He took the opportunity to travel with his wife and Vance, seeing the country as one could not with Traveling. Much could be learned if one merely traveled and kept their eyes and ears open.

When they stopped for lunch, Darek hobbled the horses and let them eat what grass they could find in the shade, near a small stream. It seemed a lovely place to stop to rest.

"A pleasant ride and a lunch to break our fast. We could be there faster, but I am enjoying the trip this way."
Melina
 player, 753 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Tue 26 Apr 2011
at 17:15
Re: Into the Westlands, Again
Raiel easily flowed into her routine as scout. She scouted the way ahead checked their flanks and rear.  She was glad to be moving again. She did not really like the idea of Melina going to Tar Valon, but Melina was her near sister and a so she would follow her Wise One. She had taken to wearing her cadinsor and shoufa, which she was most comfortable in.  She was a bit reserve about their new companion.  Not sure of him though he had seemed able enough in their first fight. However she watched him like a hawk when she came back into report her golden eyes regarded him, really just trying take the measure of the man. The wise Ones had a trick of doing that. Raiel did not; she could only observe and watch for clues as to his nature.

Raiel had already seen several things and was confident about his weaoins. He carried himself well
Game Master
 GM, 251 posts
Sat 30 Apr 2011
at 15:27
Re: Into the Westlands, Again
The hidden watch dismissed the lone guard.  His eyes fixed on the coach with the fix intensity of a snake focused on his prey. "Go you fools before the others get close and are warned.  Remember the price of failure.". His voice venomously menacing.

Whether for the promised reward, or the threat the hidden men leaped out of cover and attacked the lone guard.
Vance
 player, 110 posts
 Dari Duelist
 Pick a Card, Any Card!
Sun 1 May 2011
at 01:12
Re: Into the Westlands, Again
Game Master:
The hidden watch dismissed the lone guard.  His eyes fixed on the coach with the fix intensity of a snake focused on his prey. "Go you fools before the others get close and are warned.  Remember the price of failure.". His voice venomously menacing.

Whether for the promised reward, or the threat the hidden men leaped out of cover and attacked the lone guard.



OOC Umm...what?