7.0 Tar Valon.   Posted by Game Master.Group: 0
Game Master
 GM, 300 posts
Sat 9 Jul 2011
at 21:01
7.0 Tar Valon
The small party passed without incident through one of the villages/towns that guarded the way to the bridges that Arced over the river and lead to the Great City and the looming White Tower. It was only up this close that the true size of the bridges themselves could be compare to something other the the imposing height of the Tower  in the center  of Tar Valon.  They were huge, which made the tower even more awe inspiring. There were surprisingly few questions about what they were doing there and were passed through with little hindrance into the walled city that was Tr Valon.

The city was a bustle with movement and sounds.  The Tower itself that dominated there view was a clear sigh post for them to guide to.  Darek of course knew this place and easily negotiated the city street teeming with citizens and visitors as it always was.

Soon enough found themselves at the Wall surrounding the Tower and the gates that led to their present goal

"State your business with the Tower." one guard requests steps up as the party drew rein near the gateway.
Darek Halchov
 player, 1523 posts
Sat 9 Jul 2011
at 22:35
Re:  7.0 Tar Valon
Darek wondered how they would explain where they found this injured woman so close to death that she'd needed healing. Any additional healing wouldn't work today and the healers would know she had been healed recently.

He was nervouse enough about being this close to red sisters that would as soon see him gentled or dead as anything.

"This woman needs a bed to rest in and her wounds tended to." That was enough of the truth to hopefully get them in quickly.
Vance
 player, 135 posts
 Dari Duelist
 Pick a Card, Any Card!
Sun 10 Jul 2011
at 02:52
Re:  7.0 Tar Valon
Carrying the injured woman, the duelist approaches the guard with the others. Vance narrows his eyes and shifts somewhat so his cloak is moved and his well made dagger and rather odd rapier are visible."Oh have you not learned anything boy? Let your master speak, servant. This lass we found some ways off badly hurt. She needs to be checked, aided and needs much sleep. Now are you going to step aside or shall I speak to my Lord and his House and have you removed promptly for not allowing a injured woman aid?"

Who knows if it would work. Vance tenses slightly but the look on his face is stone cold. The lies slip out but he tries to be diplomatic. A glance to Darek and the others before back to the guard.

Definatly he has made it known to the others he doesn't like going anywhere near the Tower with obvious reason...nor why they have come.

OOC Do we know the woman is 'Aes Sedai' thats hurt...?
22:50, Today: Vance rolled 13 using 1d20+7. Composure.
22:47, Today: Vance rolled 20 using 1d20+7. Bluff.
22:47, Today: Vance rolled 22 using 1d20+10. Sense Motive.
22:46, Today: Vance rolled 14 using 1d20+9. Diplomacy.

Tower Guard
Tue 19 Jul 2011
at 20:02
Re:  7.0 Tar Valon
The Guard eyes Vamce and then the woman.  His star hard, Melina quickly interjected. "There are healers enough in the city."
Melina
 player, 760 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Tue 19 Jul 2011
at 20:05
Re:  7.0 Tar Valon
Melina interjects quickly uncertain how Vance would react to the guards's reply.

"I do believe she is an Aes Sedai.  It would be best if she was cared for by her other Aes Sedai."
Darek Halchov
 player, 1525 posts
Tue 19 Jul 2011
at 21:11
Re:  7.0 Tar Valon
Darek watched the guard, waiting to see his response to news the woman was Ais Sedai.
Vance
 player, 137 posts
 Dari Duelist
 Pick a Card, Any Card!
Wed 20 Jul 2011
at 00:50
Re:  7.0 Tar Valon
"She needs better attention then the ones in the city. Now let us pass." Vance speeks sternly and seriously, staring at the guard. He glances to Melina and his eyes narrow upon her then steps back.
Game Master
 GM, 305 posts
Wed 20 Jul 2011
at 08:31
Re:  7.0 Tar Valon
Another guard approaches the small party at the gate.  "Corporal what seems top be the problem here.

"Sir, They demand entrance to take this woman to the Aes Sedai healer, They even suggested she is Aes Sedai. This man her is demanding entrance., Sir."

Melina dismounts from Flame holding her reins  and turns to the senior officer.  "Sir we found this woman sorely injured by a rockfall. She needs Skilled healing.  There are things about her that suggest she may be Aes Sedai. We felt it best to bring her straight here for attention. I have done my best for her, as I have some simple skills at such things.  If nothing else have her carried in to the Aes Sedai healers.  Surely there can be not harm in that. I am concerned that she has not woken for a time.

THe officers looks at the corporal.  Their request can be and will be taken care of immediately.  You could have sent for me to detailed men to carry the injured woman to the healers regardless of who she is. Now fetch a squad and a litter and be quick.

The Corporal takes ff at his officers command. leaving the gate and calling for guards to assist him.

I short order the squad carrying litter appears with a red-faced corporal.  The injured woman is laid on the litter and carried away swiftly by the squad of soldiers, with the officer's strict instructions that the woman be taken immediately to the Yellow Ajah for healing.

The officer offer Melina a hand to remount.  We will have her seen to immediately.  I will make sure she is treated well.  Now if you will leave me your directions while you are in Tar Valon, I will have a message sent to inform  you how she is doing.

"My apologies, good folk, things have happened to make things a little tighter at the gates. Thuse the over-zealous Corporal."

This message was last edited by the GM at 08:31, Wed 20 July 2011.

Darek Halchov
 player, 1526 posts
Fri 22 Jul 2011
at 20:51
Re:  7.0 Tar Valon
Darek nods as they take the woman away. "We had not planned on staying in tar Valon," Darek says to the man, "but now that we are here and I must admit concerned about the woman we found and what happened, we will need to find a good inn."

"Might you have a recommendation or two?"
he asks the officer. "Are these happenings to tighten security something to be concerned for the safety of those within Tar Valon?"
Game Master
 GM, 308 posts
Sat 23 Jul 2011
at 20:01
Re:  7.0 Tar Valon
"White Tower business, they say, we do.  They said tighten security we did. As for Inns there are a lot but you look like gentle folk, and not the rowdy sort, begging you pardon, I had not thought you were. But there are more ah lively places. " Anyway that is my recommendation though there are others as good the Lion's Head is a fine place too."
Melina
 player, 762 posts
 Wise One Apprentice
Sun 31 Jul 2011
at 19:55
Re:  7.0 Tar Valon
Melina looks to Darek, "That sounds fine to me.  Our plans have not be made final so I daresay a stay in tar Valon will be fine, and I thank you for you help." ...captain.  the word came a bit awkwardly form her lips.  It was not used much is Aiel societies, or by Aiel in general. "If we could get a general idea of its directions I am sure we can find it."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:58, Sun 31 July 2011.

Darek Halchov
 player, 1527 posts
Sun 31 Jul 2011
at 20:00
Re:  7.0 Tar Valon
Darek was still following Melina's lead, not sure exactly what she hoped to accomplish here in Tar Valon.

He waited for the Captain's directions, said "Thank you, Captain," then headed off at a not too leisurely and not too hasty pace.

Once at the Inn, he inquired about rooms and boarding, two rooms with a common sitting room if possible.