Act 7.2.5: Inside the camp.   Posted by Master Servious.Group: 0
Master Servious
 GM, 2079 posts
 The ultimate power
 in the universe!
Fri 3 Feb 2017
at 00:32
Inside the camp
Troggog had moved to a quiet corner of the camp, not far from the perimeter but still well within Alliance territory to begin work on his defences.  As promised equipment he had requested was beginning to be supplied.  Wood of various lengths, length of rope made from strong reeds and even basic nails and the like made from iron and steel were supplied.  It was time to get to work.
Troggog
 player, 7 posts
 Ithorian Male
Fri 3 Feb 2017
at 02:46
Inside the camp
With the supplies provided, Troggog planned out a mobile rotating catapult and began construction. In his mind, Troggog was disappointed to be forced into building such a crude machine made from the scraps they had available, but it still proved to be a challenging task to craft something he'd never tried building before and with such limited tools. Even so, he at least understood the simple mechanics behind it and hoped that was enough to finish the job.

Troggog focused hard on his work, switching between his sketches in the dirt and the pile of supplies to build this wooden machine. Feeling a sense of purpose he hadn't felt since being brought into this prison camp, he wanted to be sure he got this done right the first time.
Master Servious
 GM, 2081 posts
 The ultimate power
 in the universe!
Fri 3 Feb 2017
at 05:00
Inside the camp
Troggog worked diligently and hard.  Hours passed and the Ithorian barely noticed as his design slowly came together.  After four hours or so, though Troggog had no way to tell time bar the passing of the sun, his catapault took shape.  He took a few moments to admire his work before attempting to 'dry fire' the weapon.  To his dismay, the central arm splintered and the entire mechanism collapsed.  Staring blankly for a few moments and staring at his plans, he realised he'd made a fundamental error in his calculations right at the start that had thrown off the torsion stresses of the whole thing.  He'd have to rebuild the whole thing from scratch.


He was still staring at the pile of rubble that was meant to be a catapault when something cold and hard was pressed into his lower back.

"Now keep very still and quiet.  I'd hate to have to make your day any worse."

The voice was female and accented, not human sounding.  He couldn't see his attacker of course but she was clearly a lot smaller than him, around half a metre.  Either by accident or design her blaster barrel was pressed into his back right where the Ithorian equivalent of a heart was.  Most people incorrectly shot an Ithorian in the chest which was much more survivable.

The thoughts flickered through his mind quickly and subconsciously.  They were interrupted by his assailant speaking again.

"Three simple questions Ithorian, your life hangs on the answers.  Who do you hold allegiance to, who is the ranking prisoner here and where are the guards?"
Troggog
 player, 8 posts
 Ithorian Male
Fri 3 Feb 2017
at 05:47
Inside the camp
For a moment, Troggog was bewildered. If this assailant really did have a blaster, how did they smuggle it in? Whether he believed it was real or not, Troggog knew better than to take chances, he had almost nothing to lose other than his life, so best to try and preserve it. He figured his attacker was not with the empire, it was a very strange question and a very strange circumstance for this person to be an imperial. There were only two possibilities he could think of, they were either a bounty hunter who came to eliminate his superior officers or they were with the rebellion. If it was the former, he'd figure it out after his own safety had been assured, but if it was the latter, perhaps there was hope. He decided the correct course was the truth. He remained very still and responded.

"There are no guards, I swear it. The only time imperials are down here is when they drop in our rations, otherwise we fend for ourselves. My name is Troggog, rebellion flight officer; Sheppard is the superior. Look, is there any way we could sort this out peacefully? Nobody has to get hurt."

This message was last edited by the player at 05:59, Fri 03 Feb 2017.

Fiarr Melan'nel
 player, 367 posts
 Bothan Female
 Talon 6
Fri 3 Feb 2017
at 09:31
Inside the camp
Fiarr couldn't resist a small gasp when she heard the name, though her blaster remained rock solid.  Had to be a coincidence

"Sheppard you say?  What's his full name, rank and service?"


OOC:  Welcome aboard Troggog.  Hope I don't have to shoot you!

This message was last edited by the player at 09:32, Fri 03 Feb 2017.

Troggog
 player, 9 posts
 Ithorian Male
Fri 3 Feb 2017
at 16:52
Inside the camp
"Sheppard? Admiral Mark Sheppard? He seems to want to go by Commander Sheppard. I know that he served in the rebellion some time ago."

Troggog felt a sense of relief. If his attacker was surprised to hear the name, then they must know Sheppard or at least heard of him, unless this was the wrong Sheppard. Most likely, this was a good thing.
Fiarr Melan'nel
 player, 368 posts
 Bothan Female
 Talon 6
Fri 3 Feb 2017
at 19:14
Inside the camp
Fiarr considered.  The admiral part was wrong and Mark had never officially been a member of the Alliance to her knowledge.  Still there was one more possibility.  "He had an aide, never left him.  Zabrak.  Sound familiar?  If so, tell me about that one."
Troggog
 player, 10 posts
 Ithorian Male
Fri 3 Feb 2017
at 20:09
Inside the camp
"Captain Zyra Jax? She practically runs the camp for Sheppard."

It seemed evident to Troggog the he was unlikely to be shot now.

"Why do you ask? Who are you?"

This message was last edited by the player at 20:15, Fri 03 Feb 2017.

Fiarr Melan'nel
 player, 369 posts
 Bothan Female
 Talon 6
Fri 3 Feb 2017
at 23:12
Inside the camp
"They're both alive?" Fiarr muttered.  [Language unknown:  "Forioudin atieauwhe prio a wewiie."]

She lowered the pistol and holstered it.  "Relax, I'm not going to shoot.  I'm with an Alliance rescue team.  You can call me Six for now.  We're here to try and get you all out."

She waited for the Ithorian to turn.  "I could really use your help.  Can you get me and my partner to Sheppard and Jax without anyone noticing?  If not can you get my partner there?  It's critical we speak with them to coordinate our rescue plans."

Her initial plan of staying watch while Heigren made contact had changed now she knew Mark and Zyra were here and that apparently there were no Imperials.  The Ithorian could be lying, she'd ask Heigren's opinion, but she could see no benefit for the Ithorian to lie and she sure couldn't see any evidence of patrols.

She smiled "Sorry about the blaster, had to be sure."

If Troggog agreed to help her she led him to the tunnel she'd come in through.  She recited a quick message to her M4 droid then sent it back down the hole while she kept watch.
Troggog
 player, 10 posts
 Ithorian Male
Fri 3 Feb 2017
at 23:57
Inside the camp
"Sheppard's pretty hurt the last I saw, but he's alive."

After turning to see the one who ambushed him, he had to look down to see the much smaller being before him. He recognized the bothan species, always sneaking around, he should've known.

"If you're trying to break everyone out of here, I'm in. This is my second time in an imperial prison camp and I think I'm already tired of it."

Troggog thought for a minute on how he could arrange the meeting and finally spoke.

"It might be tough to sneak into the heart of the camp to meet either the Captain or the Admiral without being noticed. It's not often that we get new prisoners and a shuttle hasn't landed today, so it might be suspicious just strolling through the camp in a disguise. I'm not really great with the whole stealth thing, but I think I can get Captain Jax's attention. Maybe we can arrange to have this meeting here, unless you have other ideas."
Fiarr Melan'nel
 player, 370 posts
 Bothan Female
 Talon 6
Sat 4 Feb 2017
at 00:33
Inside the camp
Fiarr nodded.  "If you're worried about being noticed, take my colleague.  He's an expert at disguise and I'm sure nobody will be paying such close attention to him that he'll be noticed.  Obviously unless there are a lot of Bothans in camp, I'm more. . .noticeable."

"I may not be good at disguise but as you can probably gather I'm good at hiding.  I'll camouflage myself here.  If you can supply anything to aid that, piles of dirt, large pieces of trash or the like, that would help me immensely."

Troggog
 player, 11 posts
 Ithorian Male
Sat 4 Feb 2017
at 00:46
Inside the camp
"Well, my...what was supposed to be a catapult is back over there. Nobody should touch it, so perhaps you can hide there."

Troggog was worried at first, but finally decided, "Alright, I'll take your colleague with me. I just hope I can bring him with me past Captain Jax's prisoner guards."
Heigren
 player, 494 posts
 Zeltron Male
 Talon 4
Sat 4 Feb 2017
at 08:22
Inside the camp
Heigren emerged from the tunnel and greeted Troggog like an old trusted friend.  When he heard about the Ithorian's concerns he laughed.

"Tell her you're bringing her someone who wants her opinion on the party of the century and she'll ensure I'm let in."
Fiarr Melan'nel
 player, 371 posts
 Bothan Female
 Talon 6
Sat 4 Feb 2017
at 09:13
Inside the camp
Fiarr snorted.  "Of course, if I mentioned that around Ten, I'm likely to get shanked."

The Bothan begins working on her concealment, leaving Heigren and Troggog to meet with Mark and Zyra.
Troggog
 player, 12 posts
 Ithorian Male
Sat 4 Feb 2017
at 18:20
Inside the camp
"So, colleague, we're off to see the captain."

Troggog began leading Heigren toward Captain Jax's shelter.

"Perhaps you can tell me who you guys are. Why are you here breaking out prisoners on a secret planet that you shouldn't know about? Are you with the rebellion? I don't even know your names, currently I'm calling your bothan friend "Six"."

This message was last edited by the player at 18:24, Sat 04 Feb 2017.

Master Servious
 GM, 2083 posts
 The ultimate power
 in the universe!
Sat 4 Feb 2017
at 21:23
Inside the camp
Heigren and Troggog moved off through the camp.  The Ithorian was how quickly Heigren suddenly  looked like a prisoner.  It took him a while to pick it but he realised it was more than just the clothes, it was his whole manner.  He moved with a slight slump to his step but still moved with purpose, like someone who had nothing but time but was not in an environment that encouraged loitering.  His gaze took in everything but it wasn't obvious.  Like a man who needed to know everything going on but didn't want to draw attention to himself.  Troggog had to admit to himself that at a distance, possibly even close up he wouldn't have recognised Heigren as a fake.

They approached the Admiral's shelter and two guards were on duty as normal.  One had been there earlier when the Ithorian had his meeting.

"What brings you back?  And who is your friend?" he asked.  The guard's tone was neutral but he made no offer for them to enter either.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:20, Sun 05 Feb 2017.

Heigren
 player, 495 posts
 Zeltron Male
 Talon 4
Sun 5 Feb 2017
at 00:22
Inside the camp
"I'm helping Troggog with his defensive works." Heigren offered.  "I saw his work and I offered to help.  I have a few new ideas I wanted to suggest to the old lady as we're going to need more supplies and a few changes to workload."


Bluff: 33
Troggog
 player, 13 posts
 Ithorian Male
Mon 6 Feb 2017
at 03:07
Inside the camp
When Heigren took the initiative, Troggog decided he better not give himself away that it was a bluff, so he folded his arms and tried to look as expressionless as he could.
Master Servious
 GM, 2085 posts
 The ultimate power
 in the universe!
Mon 6 Feb 2017
at 22:27
Inside the camp
Heigren's lie was so convincing that even Troggog who knew it was a fabrication wanted to believe it.  The guards merely shrugged, then one stepped forward to check Heigren for weapons.  The Ithorian felt a brief moment of panic as the Bothan had clearly been armed but Heigren was clean and the pair were admitted.
Zyra Jax
 NPC, 252 posts
 Zabrak Female
 Imperial Prisoner
Mon 6 Feb 2017
at 22:30
Inside the camp
Zyra looked up in surprise when the pair entered.  She looked to Troggog.  "Back so soon, what's. . ."  She broke off suddenly as she recognised Heigren through his layers of dirt.  She gasped.

"Heigren?" she almost whispered, uncharacteristically lost for words.  Then she squealed and ran across to him, hugging him tightly.

"Heigren, I'm always happy to see your gorgeous self, but moreso right now.  How did you find us?  Is the rest of the team with you?"

This message was last edited by the player at 22:57, Mon 06 Feb 2017.

Troggog
 player, 14 posts
 Ithorian Male
Mon 6 Feb 2017
at 22:36
Inside the camp
Troggog was surprised yet again by Heigren. Apparently he knew the captain, what are the odds? He decided he better wait in silence for now.
Heigren
 player, 496 posts
 Zeltron Male
 Talon 4
Mon 6 Feb 2017
at 22:50
Inside the camp
Heigren held on to Zyra tightly for a long while.  A flirtatious comment came to mind but he held it back.  While he'd always found Zyra extremely attractive and had even made a few advances towards her, now he was just happy to see her alive.  The emotions radiating off her were complex and overwhelming.  Her joy was obvious but he could feel pain and hurt.  She kept it from her face but he could feel it.  She was nowhere near as composed as she appeared and it worried him deeply.  But like her he kept it from his features.

"You know us.  We specialise in the impossible.  We're part of an Alliance rescue team.  They're camped outside the shield while two of us infiltrated the camp.  Six is on watch.  You didn't meet her.  She was one of the three you told us to interview while you and the commander were sunning it up at your retreat.  All three of them joined by the way and are here now."

Something occured to him and he looked around.  "Where is the commander?  Troggog here mentioned he was in charge of the camp but that he was hurt."