Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel.   Posted by Master Raiwaw.Group: 0
Fiarr Melan'nel
 player, 25 posts
Fri 20 Dec 2013
at 22:07
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Fiarr leaned in beside Dohr and grabbed the beam and pulled on his count.  The strain evident, she still spoke in a quiet but determined tone.

"Come on Kyvarr, you're supposed to be strong.  I've seen you bench press more than this beam."
Dohr Veen
 player, 92 posts
Fri 20 Dec 2013
at 23:30
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
The comms unit could not have rung at a worse time. Dohr had both of his hands and arms around the steel beam, when he heard the familiar ring in his ear. A female voice of the device then pronounced the caller as it matched the code with the name he'd saved into the unit's memory yesterday. It was the Zeltron party master, Heigren.

The doctor didn't have a habit of swearing and he didn't do so now either, but Dohr wasn't happy about the call. It had been a surprise enough to almost make him release his grip on the beam. He decided to answer nevertheless. "Hello again, Mr. Teckla. I am afraid I am a bit busy right now trying to help an injured person. I would suggest you did not come to the Grand as there has been a series of explosions and the whole building might be coming down on us."
Heigren
 PC, 192 posts
 Zeltron Male
 False ID: Vyn Teckla
Fri 20 Dec 2013
at 23:45
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Heigren swore.  "Damn it.  I'd hoped to warn you before you got there.  We were just coming back when the explosion occurred.  Our bikes were damaged but we're okay.  Did you say you have injured?  There's three of us about a block away.  We're hidden away in a shop front trying to get our bikes fixed.  Do you need assistance or can you get to us?  Strength in numbers at the moment."

"If you see a pair of females, a Bothan and a Cathar together let me know.  You met the Bothan the other night.  There were supposed to be meeting us too.  I hope they're running late"

This message was last edited by the player at 00:27, Sat 21 Dec 2013.

Dohr Veen
 player, 93 posts
Sat 21 Dec 2013
at 07:26
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
There was a pause in Dohr's reply as he strained his muscles to lift the beam. Or at least gave it all he had to give, which wasn't very much to be honest. The Kel Dor doctor's strength wasn't really one of his strengths. "Well… *pffhh* actually… *hmmph* the latter one of the two is the injured one. And her friend is right next to me trying to… *hnng* lift this… beam. Kyvarr probably cannot walk, so some help would be appreciated."

Dohr risked a look around and up. "Although I am not sure it would be wise for you to come any closer. We are practically in the middle of a kill zone in here. But if you do, please be on the lookout for more falling debris and proceed with extreme caution." He took another scan at the surroundings. Dohr wasn't really expecting to see anyone suspicious in the vicinity, but one thing he was sure of: The people responsible of the bomb attack were not members of the gangs. This was something else...
Heigren
 PC, 193 posts
 Zeltron Male
 False ID: Vyn Teckla
Sat 21 Dec 2013
at 08:10
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
"Hold tight, help is on the way.  What is your exact location?"

He looks at the others.  "I've got Dohr on the comm.  Somehow he and the other two we were going to meet with are together.  One of them is injured and needs help.  I'm going to help them."
Dohr Veen
 player, 94 posts
Sat 21 Dec 2013
at 08:47
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Dohr wasn't one show emotions easily, but Vyn's reply made him sigh out of relief. They weren't out of it yet, but knowing help was coming felt good. "We are right outside the cafe in front of the hotel." He then nodded to the women and smiled (behind the mask). "Help is on the way"
Allen 'Flash'
 NPC, 624 posts
 Fake Name: Forim
 Security Chief
Sat 21 Dec 2013
at 10:13
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Flash nodded.  He looked to Devon.  "Stay out of sight and comm when the bikes are ready."

He then turned to the Zeltron.  "Let's go."

Following Heigren's directions, he carefully made his way towards the hotel.
Devon Kismet
 player, 655 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Sat 21 Dec 2013
at 11:49
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
By this time Devon is flat on his back underneath Flashs bike, working with swift confident motions.
"Get moving, I've got this." he says.
Master Raiwaw
 GM, 135 posts
 Captain Raiwaw
 of the ISS Starflower
Sat 21 Dec 2013
at 19:48
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Devon works swiftly and competently, out of range of the debris of the hotel and in a clear enough space that he can make good on his repairs. 

Together those huddled in the café, joined by a couple of the civilians who were, until recently, cowering under tables, manage to clear some of the rubble trapping the beam on Kyvarr's leg.  Far from just the weight of the beam itself there were chunks of plascrete weighing the lot down.  The Cathar is painfully aware that if she'd been a little to the left she would currently be very, very dead.

Sirens can be heard all over the city, law enforcement trying to stem the tide of chaos.  Parts of t surface of the street have caved in, creating sinkholes that go down anywhere between metres and kilometres, and in the distance there can be heard heavy blaster-fire and more explosions.  Whatever is happening it's wide-spread.  The whole district sounds as if it's gone from moderately peaceful city to outright warzone in the blink of an eye.

A burst of static can be heard over the Talon comms.
Sheila Masters
 player, 848 posts
 Janine Carstairs.
 Talon 3
Sat 21 Dec 2013
at 19:51
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
"....in?  Is any...
...can't see.  Droid's down.  Major...
...taxi's completely ruined.  I think w-..."


More static and then the comms go dead.

<NPC'd>

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:35, Sat 21 Dec 2013.

Master Raiwaw
 GM, 136 posts
 Captain Raiwaw
 of the ISS Starflower
Sat 21 Dec 2013
at 20:52
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Rubble is still falling, and may do so on and off for some time.  While most of the hotel has come down already there are sections of the surrounding buildings that have been severely damaged and are hanging off their frameworks.  Thankfully repulsorlift vehicles like swoops can usually go a fair way off the ground, so even the chunks of building littering the streets don't pose too much trouble for Flash and Heigren.

More troubling is the sound of blaster fire getting closer.

A vividly-coloured emergency services speeder soars overhead and slows, perhaps to survey the area, but it doesn't stop.  There's no telling how many areas are ruined like this one, nor how many lives have been lost.

Heigren and Flash reach the cafe in short order.  They notice many dead bodies under the rubble on the way.  The whole area has a background of moaning, screaming and crying as civilians move amongst the wreckage where they can, looking for survivors or for help.
Heigren
 PC, 194 posts
 Zeltron Male
 False ID: Vyn Teckla
Sat 21 Dec 2013
at 22:11
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
"WHAT A RUSH!"  Heigren cried as he rushed up to Dohr.  Indeed, it had been quite the obstacle course traversing the short distance between where the bikes were to the cafe.  Between dodging falling debris, fighting through streams of panicked people heading the other way and having to be pulled out of a sink hole by Flash moments before his handhold gave, the Zeltron's heart was pumping in overdrive.

"Guess this will teach you all for being early to an appointment."

Heigren joined the others in trying to lift the beam.
Allen 'Flash'
 NPC, 625 posts
 Fake Name: Forim
 Security Chief
Sat 21 Dec 2013
at 22:28
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Flash arrived, far less enthusastically then his counterpart.  He didn't think the pandemonium outside was funny.  It was chaotic and loud, so loud he'd missed Sheila's transmission altogether.

Rather than rush in and pull at the beam like the others he surveyed the situation.  "STOP!" he roared in his best parade ground voice, not that he'd even been on a parade ground.

"You'll never move it that way." He explained.  He pointed to a couple of people, including Fiarr.  "You four, help me move that plasticrete first.  Vyn, see if you can find something to use as a lever."

When they'd moved what plasticrete they could and Vyn had hopefully found a lever he arranged the group into two teams, one to work the lever, the others to help with the lift.  Dohr he left to do whatever a doctor needed to do and Fiarr to help pull the Cathar out.

"We lift together.  On my mark.  One. . .two. . .heaaaaaaave!"

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:35, Sat 21 Dec 2013.

Devon Kismet
 player, 656 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Sat 21 Dec 2013
at 23:47
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Grunting in satisfaction, Devon finished reconnecting a power feed that had popped loose in Flashs brush with death.  It was no wonder the bike had lost power - when Flash and scraped along that wall it had ripped several power lines loose... but the bikes designers had planned for this sort of thing, the lines had all popped along their designed-in stress points and been easy to reattach.  Aside from that all that was wrong with the bike was dented bodywork - not relevant right now, he decided; the bike was working again - they could worry about hammering the cowling back into shape later.

Pulling himself out from under Flahs ride he crossed over to his own and set to work.  Again, the damage looked like shouldnt take too long to fix - neither bike would be pretty, but they would work.

quote:
"....in?  Is any...
...can't see.  Droid's down.  Major...
...taxi's completely ruined.  I think w-..."

Devon twitched in surprise and banged his head on the underside of the bikes air-scoop.  Cursing and rubbing at the new sore spot he hurridly activated his own commlink.

"Three?  Three?  It's Seven.  Can you hear me? Three?"  Devon paused for a moment, listening hopefully.  "Nuts.  Anyone else hear that?  I just got a partial transmission from Three.  Garbled and cut off part way through.  Anyone get a fix on it?"
Allen 'Flash'
 NPC, 626 posts
 Fake Name: Forim
 Security Chief
Sat 21 Dec 2013
at 23:53
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Flash grunted as he struggled to lift the beam.  "Bit. . .busy. . .here.  Five is. . .on it.  Ugggggggh"
Kyvarr 'Hammer' Dulvan
 Player, 13 posts
Sun 22 Dec 2013
at 02:25
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Kyvarr pushed with the rest of them the best she could.  The pain was excruciating but she pushed it aside as best she can.  She channeled the pain, along with her anger into the beam.  The beam was the enemy and she'd be damned if she let it defeat her.
Fiarr Melan'nel
 player, 26 posts
Sun 22 Dec 2013
at 03:09
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Fiarr continued to help to free her trapped friend.
Master Raiwaw
 GM, 139 posts
 Captain Raiwaw
 of the ISS Starflower
Sun 22 Dec 2013
at 05:37
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Together the might of the collected people is enough to move the beam.  When it moves Kyvarr's leg comes into view.  There's no blood.  The beam won't move laterally due to rubble so Kyvarr is physically dragged backward away from the beam, which is then lowered again.  It's obvious to everyone present that it's not a painless procedure - but nobody is more aware of it than Kyvarr.
Heigren
 PC, 195 posts
 Zeltron Male
 False ID: Vyn Teckla
Sun 22 Dec 2013
at 09:45
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
"Can you help her walk?" Heigren says to Dohr, gesturing at Kyvarr.  "Two of our colleagues have crashed near here and we have to look for them.  We could certainly use your help and we'd all be safer in a group.  Besides, can you think of a better way to interview each other then with a little action?"

This message was last edited by the player at 09:49, Sun 22 Dec 2013.

Allen 'Flash'
 NPC, 627 posts
 Fake Name: Forim
 Security Chief
Sun 22 Dec 2013
at 09:51
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Once the Cathar was free, Flash moved away and spoke into his comm.  Then he came back.  "We have to go."  he said simply.

He looked to Dohr.  "We may have injured and could use your help.  All of your help."  He nodded to Fiarr and Kyvarr.
Dohr Veen
 player, 95 posts
Sun 22 Dec 2013
at 21:12
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
In reply to Allen 'Flash' (msg # 51):

A couple of good-hearted strangers appeared from nowhere to help Kyvarr, Fiarr and Dohr in clearing out the beam, but even with their help, lifting the damn thing proved to be too tough a task to complete. Fortunately four more helping hands were suddenly there as Vyn Teckla and his Duros associate, whose name the doctor had somehow missed if it had been offered in the first place, arrived to the scene. There was not time or need for that matter for greetings or explanations, other than the Zeltron's attempt for humor. The two mercenaries wasted no time in getting their hands dirty and finally a few agonizing minutes later, the seven of them managed to lift the beam enough for Fiarr to drag her friend from underneath it.

Dohr let go of the steel the second he was able to do so without endangering anyone else and knelt beside the Cathar. He was very well aware of the species' quick temper and incredible strength, especially when wounded. Yet he wasted no time in asking her permission to check the leg. They were all still very much in danger and had to get out right away. But the doctor needed to make a quick assessment two know if she could be moved or whether there was a need for first aid.

The med scanner was in his hand by the moment the knee of his good leg touched the ground beside Kyvarr. He concentrated on the readings and merely nodded in acknowledgement to Heigren. "Yes, Fiarr and I will take care of her now. Thank you very much for your help." Dohr almost missed the Duros' question as he examined Kyvarr's leg… "Hmm? Yes. Of course. I will gladly do everything I can to assist. Do you have an OP set up nearby?"
Fiarr Melan'nel
 player, 27 posts
Sun 22 Dec 2013
at 22:26
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Fiarr nodded her thanks to the newcomers and stayed close to the Cathar.

"Your assistance is most timely Vyn.  I will assist you as I can.  We will need to make a stretcher for Kyvarr."
Kyvarr 'Hammer' Dulvan
 Player, 14 posts
Sun 22 Dec 2013
at 23:00
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
"Screw that, I'm not an invalid. Doc, just set it and splint it. Someone find me something to use as a crutch."
Allen 'Flash'
 NPC, 630 posts
 Fake Name: Forim
 Security Chief
Sun 22 Dec 2013
at 23:24
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
"Not exactly Doc. We have two swoops hidden nearby and friends in the area. Patch up your patient then let's move."

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:25, Mon 23 Dec 2013.

Master Raiwaw
 GM, 142 posts
 Captain Raiwaw
 of the ISS Starflower
Mon 23 Dec 2013
at 04:48
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
A couple of small messenger droids zoom past outside the cafe, on their way somewhere.