Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel.   Posted by Master Raiwaw.Group: 0
Devon Kismet
 player, 669 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Tue 7 Jan 2014
at 13:01
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Devon was busily working on the sport speeders bumper - quickly burning through its mountings with a fusion cutter.  The way he figured it, the bumper was too tangled up in the rear end of the truck to easily free it, so he was side stepping the whole issue by simply separating it from the rest of the speeder.

"Seven here. Hammer - we are freeing a speeder truck from a pile up and I hope we'll be mobile and on our way back in five minutes tops."  Unable to resist poking fun at Heigren, he continued:
"Oh and tell Nail - sorry, I mean Vyn - that I'm disappointed he couldn't tell me and Eleven apart."


Stepping back, Devon spent a moment looking for anything he'd missed that still needed cutting.  Then he looked up and yelled to the swoop bike that was circling over head.
"Hey Two, get down here - going to need both bikes for this."

Devon started attaching tow ropes to the wrecked sportster and once Flash had landed he explained his plan.

"We're going to use the swoops to drag this wreck out the way." he told them.  "You guys will be on the bikes, I'll handle this end of things.  Slow and careful on the bikes - we dont want anyone slamming into a wall at the speed of sound if something comes loose unexpectedly."
Fiarr Melan'nel
 player, 38 posts
Tue 7 Jan 2014
at 21:57
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Fiarr nodded and stepped over to Devon's bike.  After quickly examining the controls, she waited for him to tell her when to move.
Allen 'Flash'
 NPC, 643 posts
 Fake Name: Forim
 Security Chief
Tue 7 Jan 2014
at 23:36
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Flash snorted derisively when Devon offered to let Fiarr ride his bike.  He moved his bike into position while speaking in his native tongue.

[Language unknown:  N pe te si naivch et n?  Thweie atesi p aiher er staounithcon.]
Devon Kismet
 player, 670 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Tue 7 Jan 2014
at 23:41
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Devon snorted a rolled his eyes theatrically.
"Since the brat is throwing his toys out of the pram and accusing me of favouritism... let him ride my bike, Fiarr - he's just jealous cos he knows its better than his."
Fiarr Melan'nel
 player, 39 posts
Wed 8 Jan 2014
at 00:45
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Fiarr shrugged and got on whichever bike she needed to get on.  She didn't want to waste valuable time on some male chest-beating exercise.
Kyvarr 'Hammer' Dulvan
 Player, 30 posts
Wed 8 Jan 2014
at 00:55
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
"Hammer acknowledges zero five minutes on transport.  Out."  She didn't respond to 'Seven's' childish remarks.  Clearly not all this group possessed comm discipline.  If she joined this team she'd have to work on that.

She turned to her companion.  "Go tell the doctor our ride will be here in five minutes and to be ready to move then rejoin me."

She continues her subterranean search.
Heigren
 PC, 210 posts
 Zeltron Male
 False ID: Vyn Teckla
Wed 8 Jan 2014
at 05:28
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Heigren nodded off and rushed back to Dohr.

"Seven thinks he'll have transport here in five minutes."

He then rushed back to Kyvarr, eager to help with whatever she had planned.
Arin Branden
 player, 379 posts
 Talon 5
 Rathon Dann
Thu 9 Jan 2014
at 21:16
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Arin hovered near the pit waiting for his droid to get to him. He was also waiting for a word from 'Hammer', whom he did not know and had no idea on what to expect. Of course, the Zeltron seemed to trust her, so maybe the new voice would deliver.

In Arin's estimate, the situation would probably get worse over time. The gangs were apparently doing the best to take over the whole community and the fighting was most likely going to pick up. Who was to win it, it remained to be seen, but whoever it was, Arin wasn't planning on staying there with the Talons long enough to see it. They wanted to be out of there - the sooner, the better and with all members in tow.
Dohr Veen
 player, 106 posts
Sun 12 Jan 2014
at 10:15
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
It seemed he hadn't been wrong about Kyvarr. She picked up where he had left off and started giving orders of her own to the civilians in the cafe. And by the sound of it, it wasn't the first time she was doing it either. Dohr risked a second to see how it was going and couldn't help the smile behind his respirator. Being powerful-looking and ferocious by nature was not a bad thing when giving orders to people it seemed. No one dares to question an angry Cathar and the people huddling in the relative safety of the place were no exception to the rule. As an order was given, the one at the receiving end didn't even consider disobeying.

But Dohr didn't have time to admire Kyvarr's efficiency, as there were more important, dire things for him to worry about. The Duros woman was in bad shape. Her leg had suffered a terrible blow and was all but torn off. Or at least so it appeared at first glance. The first thing coming to the doctor's mind was a land mine, but there would've, in his experience, been pieces of the muscle tissue and even bone ripped off had that been the case and shrapnel buried deep into the flesh and bone. Right now it looked as if a enraged Wookie on spice had used her as a smashball. Had he considered it one bit funny, Dohr might have thought the obvious internal injuries fit the description well enough too. But he didn't. The way the woman's leg was shattered reminded him of his assistant Majara, whom he had found broken, dead and forced into the small gap under her desk less than 48 hours ago. The image wiped the smile off his face and made Dohr concentrate fully on the task at hand. He hadn't been able to save the young woman, but he he'd bend the thirteen hells to save this one!

Waiting for the scanner to give him a report, the Kel Dor turned to the other Duros. They too were probably in some kind of a shock like any normal person unaccustomed to war would be. Dohr spoke calmly and tried to articulate even more clearly than he usually did. "Please, either of you, do tell me how did this happen and where." As was his habit, and he really couldn't help it, the doctor was reading them as he spoke and listened to their response. But they weren't too easy to read. It had to be the shock and the task he was already concentrating on in his mind.

The table was cleaned nearly as fast as one would and could have expected from professionals. Kyvarr's tone hadn't left any room for hesitation. A human man had thrown everything away while a Zabrak woman had conjured a bottle of sanitizer and was spraying and wiping the table like a lunatic. Another one, whose species escaped Dohr in the bustle, had found a box of disposable gloves and he had also brought a kettle full of hot water too. He'd probably watched some reality tv-show or worked at a hospital at some point as he was pulling out a pair of gloves very carefully, trying not to touch their outsides. They were meant for cleaning and not surgery, so the gloves were not separately packed as sterile ones would've been, but right now they had to do. Stabilizing and saving the woman's life was the priority in any case even if it meant risking an infection. Dohr didn't have any antibiotics available anyway…

Operating on the Duros would be hellish. He'd worked in worse conditions before, far worse in fact. But even then at least most of the time the doctor had had the use of proper equipment. Now he and his chosen assistant (the man who had brought the water and the gloves) had nothing but kitchen utensils and cleaning equipment at hand. As he donned the gloves, Dohr gave the man, a Sullustan as he now noticed, called Nien a few more orders to bring spoons, scissors, knives and plastic utensils and to first boil and then sterilize them with alcohol as well as he could.

Before Dohr had a chance to properly begin the operation, he heard Vyn call out five minutes as the eta of their transport. That was not going to be enough, no way. He probably needed 10 or even 15 minutes to stop the bleeding, although Dohr wasn't sure the woman had that much. "Vyn, stress the need of medical equipment and I would really love to see Ms. Carstairs in here as well." There was no stress or uncertainty in the voice, only determination.



12:13, Today: Dohr Veen rolled 14 using 1d20+9. Sense Motive.
12:13, Today: Dohr Veen rolled 25 using 1d20+11. Diplomacy roll.
Allen 'Flash'
 NPC, 644 posts
 Fake Name: Forim
 Security Chief
Sun 12 Jan 2014
at 22:03
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Flash shrugged and stayed on his bike.  He didn't care which bike he rode right now.  Jokes aside, he wanted to regroup with the other Talons as soon as possible.

"How we doing this?" he grunted at Devon.

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:15, Sun 12 Jan 2014.

Master Raiwaw
 GM, 155 posts
 Captain Raiwaw
 of the ISS Starflower
Mon 13 Jan 2014
at 22:36
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Location: Streets

Devon and his team soon has the junked sport speeder pulled away from the back of the truck.  With it gone they can get the truck running, hovering and ready to go.  The gearhead is in and checking the systems almost before the tow ropes are disengaged.  From the instrumentation Devon can see that it has a 'Class 3 Flight Inhibitor' locked on its systems, only letting it fly in the lowest automated speeder paths or up to six metres above the ground.  That's still high enough for him to go over most of the destroyed and stalled ground vehicles, though, and he figures he can weave around the larger obstructions (like chunks of fallen building).  He could probably remove it given a bit of time but he doesn't really have that time.

The truck's shipment is a trio of crates filled with female sanitation devices.  Apparently they're 'cushioned for comfort'.

Devon's truck can't find the automated speeder flight paths - at all.  Pretty much the only reasons he can think of for that are that the truck's flight path lock-on is damaged or the flight paths simply aren't there any more - and if that's the case then the flight path computer banks and all of their redundancy systems have been hit.  The scope of planning must be breath-taking.

Looking out the window he can see vehicles flying about but not one of them is locked to a flight path.

It doesn't bode well.

But anyway, Devon's got to get that crate back to the café!

Location: Café

The male Duros stammers a bit and says, "Uh, w-we were working a club down the street and - I dunno.  The roof started falling in.  We got out a back door behind the stage but...  There woulda been hundreds who didn't make it.  There were five of us and the other two..."  He trails off.

"Can you save her, Doc?" the uninjured female asks urgently.  They both look like they're going to lose it if another of their friends dies.

Dohr is soon elbow-deep in blood as he tried desperately to stem the woman's wounds, Heigren working alongside as best he can.  She thrashes about in her livid pain, really needing a full anaesthetic and (obviously) not getting it, but her friends hold her down as best they can.  The damage she's sustained is just... horrible.  Dohr has very little to work with, too - if he had Dorank by his side and even a few half-decent materials, he knew, he'd be able to save her without a problem.  As it is the matter is enormously touch-and-go.

Twice he thinks he's lost her but the woman proves tough and Dohr's skills are up to the task.  Finally, once he's stabilised her, he turns his attention to her leg.  That's an absolute mess of blood, muscle and bone but even so, Dohr's skills with medicine are... considerable.  After a trial that takes far longer than the Kel Dor would like he is fairly sure there's only about a 20% chance the woman is going to lose the leg.

But she needs to get to a trauma unit - fast.  Fifteen minutes at the most.

Luckily, just as he's tying up the last of her wounds as best he can, Dohr hears the sound of a hover-vehicle outside.

One of the sentries yells, "A truck!  Speeder truck!  Delivery, by the look of it."  He doesn't even think to mention the vehicle doesn't have weapons.  Weapon emplacements are illegal on vehicles on Det Akari.

Kyvarr is joined by a pair of civilians - the suited human male and the impatient Twi'lek female.  They're not going to let a woman with a damaged leg go into the understreets on her own; the only reason they're not going to insist she stay is because they can see she's not likely to agree.  So all three go instead.

They find a turbolift in a storage and maintenance access room in the rear of the café.  It seems to be functioning but no way is Arin going to get a swoop bike down there in anything less than pieces.  The civilians, not really aware of the situation and what Arin or Kyvarr are looking for beyond 'a way into the understreets', make it clear they don't want Kyvarr going down there.

"Sure, you're tough, we get it," the guy says, looking earnest, "but you've got a busted leg.  Best you're going to do is hobble about, trip over something and make it worse.  We'll go down there if there's something you need.  Right?" he asks, looking over at the Twi'lek.

She nods firmly.  "Right.  What is it you're after?  Supplies?  Survivors?  Friends?"

Location: The Hole

M4-5 returns to Arin swiftly and flashes out a map on its holoprojector.  It's a 3D map, of course, showing the information Cor could get.  The area is largely maintenance space and offices below the road, but Arin can see that the 'floors' go down under the 'ground' quite some way.  There is a system of streets on each level so having space to fly his swoop won't be difficult to find; it's mostly just the way down that's of concern.

While he's checking the data he feels the ground shift under his feet.  The next thing Arin realises is that the street directly below him is cracking, about to cave in!

[Reflex save, Arin.]
Arin Branden
 player, 380 posts
 Talon 5
 Rathon Dann
Mon 13 Jan 2014
at 23:20
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Sithspawn, Arin thought almost out loud. He needed to get on going but locating Sheila and CC9 in the tunnels was going to be like looking for a gentleman among the Imperial officers. And even if he found them, he'd have to get them topside and back to the ship. If Sheila was still able to ride a swoop, she'd be easy to transport. However, a battledroid was far less easy as it most likely exceeded the lift-capacity of a normal swoop. I just hope the droid can walk out by itself.

The sound and the sensation of the street cracking beneath himself made Arin brace for impact while he did his best to shoot off to safety. He simply hoped Mika wasn't going to be underneath when the street collapsed further. And what was taking that 'Hammer' so long, anyway? He needed proper intel on how to reach Mika safely, but if he didn't get it soon he needed to head down through the same route Mika had entered the tunnels. And he needed the intel from Cor as well - he needed to know if there was a way to shut off the electromagnetic interference, so he could communicate with the other Talons while underground.

Then there was the matter of command. He had assumed command of the Talons planetside, when the disaster struck and so far they had followed his orders, even if a bit snarkily. However, if he was going to be out of communications, the Talons needed to fend for themselves and figure out their leadership amongst them. But not being their real commanding officer nor in any other than assumed position of command, Arin could not dictate who would be running the show when he wasn't there to do it.
Master Raiwaw
 GM, 156 posts
 Captain Raiwaw
 of the ISS Starflower
Mon 13 Jan 2014
at 23:56
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
He almost makes it but not quite.  The ground beneath Arin's feet splits apart and he tumbles into darkness, grabbing at whatever he can to arrest his fall.

[Make a second Reflex save, Arin.  I heavily suggest you use a Force Point.]
Arin Branden
 player, 382 posts
 Talon 5
 Rathon Dann
Tue 14 Jan 2014
at 00:16
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
SITHSPAWN, Arin exclaimed in his mind as the ground beneath his swoop caved in. And it was then, his instincts flared up, his mind racing to find a way out of the situation and out of the tailspin down he was in.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:20, Tue 14 Jan 2014.

Master Raiwaw
 GM, 157 posts
 Captain Raiwaw
 of the ISS Starflower
Tue 14 Jan 2014
at 01:11
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Arin plunges from view.
Allen 'Flash'
 NPC, 645 posts
 Fake Name: Forim
 Security Chief
Tue 14 Jan 2014
at 04:26
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Flash jumps down from his bike, code locks it and moves over to the cafe.

"Seven, you and Fiarr clear out enough of the cargo to hold our passengers."

He rushed inside and over to Dohr and Heigren.  "Okay doc, time to go.  Who goes in first?"
Fiarr Melan'nel
 player, 40 posts
Tue 14 Jan 2014
at 04:45
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Fiarr wordlessly complied with the Duro's instructions.  She climbed in the back of the speeder and began throwing boxes out, ensuring she left a clear path to the cafe.  She didn't really care about filling the street with boxes.  Being fined for littering was the least of their trouble right now.
Kyvarr 'Hammer' Dulvan
 Player, 32 posts
Tue 14 Jan 2014
at 10:30
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
"Do a quick check of the shaft and see where it leads.  Do not go out of sight of the bottom of the shaft and be no longer than two minutes.  We're getting out of here."

"Five this is Hammer.  Only lower entrance is turbolift shaft.  Performing quick recon but no way to get swoop through over."

Devon Kismet
 player, 673 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Tue 14 Jan 2014
at 23:15
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Devon joined Fiarr in shifting boxes the moment he'd shut the speeders engine down.
"huh" he said, peering at the side of one box just before he threw it out the back. "Apparently these things are ultra absorbent."

As soon as back of the truck was empty, Devon scrambled back over the seats into the front and started digging through exposed wiring again.
"Hey Fiarr, can you find out how long I have till we have to move out?  I wanna try and take that flight limiter offline if I have the time..."
Fiarr Melan'nel
 player, 42 posts
Wed 15 Jan 2014
at 00:38
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Fiarr nodded though hadn't the Duros gone to do that?  As she started to walk she pointed at the cockpit.

"I doubt we have time for anything.  We need to leave this area before more buildings come down or bad people show up.  Should get Kyvarr in the driver's seat.  Nobody can't handle a land vehicle better than her and she's got one good leg for the pedals."

She moved inside.  "We need to go.  How long do you need to load?"

As she asked she began guiding people towards the truck.  She wondered where Kyvarr was.
Heigren
 PC, 212 posts
 Zeltron Male
 False ID: Vyn Teckla
Wed 15 Jan 2014
at 02:05
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Heigren had watched mesmerised as Dohr had worked his medical magic.  With all the blood and gore he was sure the Duros woman would die.  He'd never imagined she'd live, let alone look like her leg might survive.  He'd definitely be recommending this Doctor for the team.

Seeing the truck pull up and hearing Flash and Fiarr he jumped into action.  "Shouldn't take long.  Most can walk.  Careful of that one, his collarbone is broken.  Flash, find me something to use as a stretcher for this one.  A plank of wood, a long benchtop, a curtain, anything we can carry her with.  Her leg's in a bad way."

This message was last edited by the player at 06:30, Wed 15 Jan 2014.

Dohr Veen
 player, 107 posts
Wed 15 Jan 2014
at 13:23
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
"Can you save her, Doc?"

Dohr Veen barely heard the words. He was already deep in action mode concentrating fully on the operation. During the years, decades even, he'd developed an ability to push most of what was happening around him into the background when he really needed to have full focus on the patient and the injuries needing fixing. It wasn't perfect of course. On a full fledged war zone with blasterfire and explosions the distraction could build up to be almost too much, but the doctor hadn't so far lost people due to his lack of concentration and he wasn't going to start lnow.

In the last 18 months Dohr had had the luxury of having a trained nurse as his assistant. He'd mostly worked at his own clinic in peace and calm without too many disturbing factors around. Mostly. The Claws being the Claws, the doctor had been called out to take care of emergencies all around: the Tracks, private apartments, bars, streets, even gang hangouts. And every now and then some gang members had tried to bring their quarrels into the clinic as well, especially in the first few months of his stay on Det Akari. But nothing convinced the clashing parties more of his neutrality like having Dohr fix a shot wound he'd caused himself to calm a raging ganger down.

But that was in the past and not on Dohr's mind now. Right now… right now he had more pressing concerns. The Duros lady did not look well and although he didn't doubt his own skills, Dohr was not sure if even he could save her. But if there was even a single percent's change to keep her alive, he'd make sure that one percent was enough.

The internal bleeding had the higher-priority than the leg injury as the artery on the limb seemed to be intact. Had it not been, she'd be dead already anyway. The damage to her chest and abdomen wasn't one bit less terrible than the blow to her leg and without equally strong bones to protect her organs, the injury was far more serious. There was no other way to it, Dohr was forced to open her up even more to get to the leaking blood vessels and to see with his own eyes the level of trauma caused by the pieces of building that had hit the woman.

Usually in case of damage to the organs, the cause was either penetrating or blunt trauma, but in this case it was both. The pieces of durasteel had cut into and partially even through her while crushing anything in the way. For a heartbeat the Kel Dor felt like shaking his head, but he'd made up his mind. He would save her no matter what. The next few minutes felt like hours as time seemed to slow down while Dohr operated on the Duros. His moves were precise and executed in perfect order cutting down the overall duration of the operation a lot. To an untrained eye the surgery must have seemed like a bloody mess with no hope of the woman's survival. But another professional would have seen the beauty of doctor Veen's work. It was clear he had extensive experience and skill and nothing less would have been adequate to save her.

Even to his own surprise, Dohr had located the source of the bleeding, fixed and sealed the vessels with a laser probe in a very short time. He'd also provided a temporary fix to her injured stomach and spleen. She'd live for now, but would need a new surgery very soon at a properly equipped facility. The woman had lost a great deal of blood and would require an immediate transfusion too. She'd live, but was still hanging on the edge of the void. And there was the leg operation to be done too. The chances of her not losing it were slim, but Dohr had to give it his best.

The ETA of five minutes had been way too optimistic, no doubt about that. The doctor didn't know exactly how long it had taken him to work on the Duros, but just as he finished up tying the leg with the last of his dressings and clean cotton tablecloth he heard a voice right next to him say: "Okay doc, time to go. Who goes in first?" In his concentration, Dohr had missed the sound of the repulsorlift engine as well as the call of the civilian sentry completely.

Lifting his gaze from the patient, Dohr held out his hands to Nien to remove the gloves and the bloody apron he'd been wearing in order to keep his clothes as clean as possible during the surgery. It took the doctor a second to recognize the Duros as one of Vyn's companions. He took a deep breath and nodded in greeting to Flash. "This lady requires emergency treatment at a trauma unit as soon as possible. We have done all that can be done here, but she will not live for long unless she gets into professional care right away. Oh and hopefully you have full medkit onboard as I am totally out of anesthetics, analgesics and antibiotics."

The Kel Dorian gave the Duros a weak bow as a sign of his appreciation and turned to Heigren. "Thank you for staying with us, Vyn. No matter what some of your companions might think about the party last night, you are a good man and colleague they all should be grateful for. Not everyone would stick around to help total strangers when his own safety was compromised. No matter where or how today ends, it has been an honor to make your acquaintance."

Having said his piece, Dohr gave his hands a good rub with soap and clean water, used another cloth to dry them and picked up his cane from the floor. He patted his Sullustan assistant on he shoulder, whispered a few words of assurance and thanks to his ear and moved to help Mack on his feet.

It was time to go.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:18, Wed 15 Jan 2014.

Allen 'Flash'
 NPC, 646 posts
 Fake Name: Forim
 Security Chief
Wed 15 Jan 2014
at 21:43
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Flash shook his head.  "Sorry doc.  Checked all the speeders I could and there wasn't so much as a cotton ball in any of 'em.  You'll have to make do until we get to the hospital."

He pointed to the blood soaked mess shaped like a Duros female.  "She looks bad.  Do we load her first?"
Devon Kismet
 player, 674 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Wed 15 Jan 2014
at 22:22
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Fiarr Melan'nel:
Fiarr nodded though hadn't the Duros gone to do that?  As she started to walk she pointed at the cockpit.

"I doubt we have time for anything.  We need to leave this area before more buildings come down or bad people show up.  Should get Kyvarr in the driver's seat.  Nobody can't handle a land vehicle better than her and she's got one good leg for the pedals."



"I can try, damnit!" countered Devon, the stress of events beginning to make cracks in his genial facade.
"More speed out of this wreck might save somebody's life!"

The shipjacker continued sorting feverishly through exposed wires and circuits silently for a few moment before he continued.
"Sorry." he said quietly.  "Kyvarr?  You mean Hammer, right?  Sounds good to me - today we need all the advantages we can get."

Once Fiarr had left, Devon activated his Talon commlink.
"Seven here - hey Eleven,we're going to need the location of the nearest hospital that's accepting emergency cases - from what I hear we've got at least one person critically injured."
Given how badly messed up things were, Devon wouldnt be surprised if it turned out the hospitals had been hit too.
Dohr Veen
 player, 108 posts
Wed 15 Jan 2014
at 22:44
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Nodding to Flash, Devon and Fiarr, Dohr replied: "Well that is how things usually go in situations like this. Then we will just need to manage. Thank you." The doctor didn't spend too much time wondering about the loading order of the patients. The ones needing his help the most, had to be moved in first.

"Please help me carry this lady inside first. I will stay with her while you bring in the rest. Make sure Mack, the human with a sling on his arm, comes next. The others are not in too bad a shape and will not require my help during the transportation, so they can wait until these two are in."

With the help of the others, Dohr carefully lifted (on my count...) the Duros woman on a piece of plastiwood and then carried her into the truck with them. As he next guided Mack to sit down on next to the woman with enough space for himself to fit in between them, the doctor risked a quick look around and accepted his cane from the Sullustan with another nod. "I do not see Ms. Carstairs around, but would any of you have any medical background? Even though brave Nien here did an exceptional job as my assistant, I would not mind having someone with a little more training and experience at hand should I need help. If you do, please join us in the back."

It took them just a short while to load everyone in as most of the people only had minor injuries or even just simple scratches. So nine minutes after the speeder truck had touched down, Major Dohr Veen was ready to head out with his patients and new, best friends. "Let us get going! The faster, the better!"

This message was last edited by the player at 22:45, Wed 15 Jan 2014.