Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel.   Posted by Master Raiwaw.Group: 0
B2-CC9
 Follower, 237 posts
Wed 19 Feb 2014
at 09:21
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
CC9 gets out of his speeder and looks around the vicinity, noting other speeders in the area, any deceased organic life forms, fallen rubble and the like.  He does not wander far from the others as he does so.
Master Raiwaw
 GM, 182 posts
 Captain Raiwaw
 of the ISS Starflower
Wed 19 Feb 2014
at 21:44
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
The trio hear the approach of the convoy before they see it but soon the sight comes into view.  The rest of the Talons - and their guests - have arrived.
Mika Trake
 player, 531 posts
 Talon 10
 Shore leave Kimy Stell
Wed 19 Feb 2014
at 22:26
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
B2-CC9:
"There are a large number of damaged and abandoned speeders throughout the city," CC9 states flatly over the comms.  "It may be possible to adapt speeder power cells to detonate.  They could then be dropped into the barricades from a considerable height by swoop."  There is a pause.

"It would have an additional psychological impact if the detonation devices were strapped to corpses of fallen civilians, and these dropped by swoop on their heads.  It would require team members willing to do so, however."


Mika, overhearing CC9's comment from her come, turns and calls out to the droid.  "That's disgusting!  They may be dead and all, but that's no reason for us to go around blowing them up.  I'll not be a party to it."
B2-CC9
 Follower, 240 posts
Wed 19 Feb 2014
at 22:40
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
"That emotional response is precisely my point."  The droid carries on what it is doing, pulling open the hood of a speeder and looking inside.  "Horror is a useful weapon."
Allen 'Flash'
 NPC, 668 posts
 Fake Name: Forim
 Security Chief
Thu 20 Feb 2014
at 03:53
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Flash spares only a nod for their three team-mates.  On comms he says.

"Nobody unload here.  Now that we've regrouped, let's get to the police station.  Five, Ten, take the left and right flanks.  CC9, follow the truck, I'll stay on rearguard.  Seven, lets keep moving.  Watch for speeders that may be easily salvageable as you go."

The Duros wasn't eager to waste time dallying in a roadway.  Better they get to the station, see what they had to work with and listen to Five and Eleven's plans.
Heigren
 PC, 227 posts
 Zeltron Male
 False ID: Vyn Teckla
Thu 20 Feb 2014
at 09:35
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Heigren had been sitting quietly in the passenger seat, a map program on his datapad showing the way.  Now that they'd reached the rendezvous point he quietly planned their trip to the police station.  He spoke only when giving Dohr directions.
B2-CC9
 Follower, 243 posts
Thu 20 Feb 2014
at 12:58
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
CC9 immediately returns to his speeder and joins the convoy, ready to head out toward the police station thing.
Arin Branden
 player, 422 posts
 Talon 5
 Rathon Dann
Thu 20 Feb 2014
at 13:02
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Arin swung his swoop on the right side of the speeder truck and waited for the formation to set up while speaking on the comms. There was little time to lose and as soon as the formation was up, Arin sped off at the best pace the Kel Dor could safely muster from the truck.
Mika Trake
 player, 532 posts
 Talon 10
 Shore leave Kimy Stell
Thu 20 Feb 2014
at 14:53
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Mika nods, drifting over to the right flank.  She still was unsure about this whole mess, but then she wasn't the military genius of the group.  She wasn't so sure if anyone was the military genius of the group, but she'd wait and see.  Once they got to the space port and could put eyes on things, then they'd figure out the way to go.  After all, it should just be a matter of sailing over the people blocking ground access, no need for bombs or ramming gates or any of that mess.
Dohr Veen
 player, 135 posts
Thu 20 Feb 2014
at 18:44
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Dohr sat calmly behind the controls of the speeder truck and wondered about their luck. No one had tried to attack of even threaten them on the way back to the hotel. It seemed a bit strange to the Kel Dorian. But then again, Det Akari was a big city. Naturally it wasn't comparable in size to for example Coruscant, but it was a huge city nevertheless. Even putting all the members of all the gangs together there simply wasn't enough insurgents to control every corner of Akari. But they didn't really have to, did they? All they needed to do to create chaos was blow up a building here and shoot a few dozen civilians there.

Det Akari was indeed a big place. And there weren't enough ACE officers to keep all of it safe either. And yet, yet it felt a bit strange that they hadn't met a single ganger on the way or law enforcement for that matter. Perhaps the gangs were striking at something else on the other side of the city, something they needed a larger force for... like a shopping centre or something similar. Perhaps they were getting ready to take the spaceport by force... Or perhaps they were simply having a brew break.

Dohr had no idea, but he knew second guessing didn't help either. He only hoped their luck carried on all the way to the spaceport. When he saw Rian move out, Dohr stepped on the accelerator and followed suit.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:54, Thu 20 Feb 2014.

Devon Kismet
 player, 691 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Thu 20 Feb 2014
at 21:59
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Devon paused briefly to tap something into the datapad strapped to his wrist before returning to his role as trailblazer ahead of the truck.

Once again keeping down to a speed the truck could match, Devon led the way to the police station - occasionally he would zoom ahead a little way to check the route for obstructions, or would veer off to one side to examine a promising looking vehicle.

Personally, he doubted they would have much luck at the police station - either the gangers would have already overrun it or the police would be viciously defending it.  Either way, he didnt expect the Talons to be able to get near...
Kyvarr 'Hammer' Dulvan
 Player, 60 posts
Fri 21 Feb 2014
at 21:32
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Kyvarr figured she'd better let these people know what she could do.  Especially since driving vehicles was largely off the list for now.  She scratched at an imaginary itch under her cast.

"Who's your demolitions expert?" the Cathar asked as they drove.  "I'm good with explosives, she's better."  She points to Fiarr.  "I'm also skilled with heavy weapons and ordanance."
Allen 'Flash'
 NPC, 670 posts
 Fake Name: Forim
 Security Chief
Fri 21 Feb 2014
at 22:08
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Flash sighed as he watched Arin AND Mika fly to the same side of the truck.

"Five, Ten.  Whichever of you can work out their left from their right, kindly take position on the LEFT flank.  Unless you are expecting an imminent attack from the right, we don't need you both on the same side."
Mika Trake
 player, 533 posts
 Talon 10
 Shore leave Kimy Stell
Fri 21 Feb 2014
at 22:23
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Mika doesn't bother with the comms, instead giving Arin a wave, and drifts over to the left flank of the truck.
Master Raiwaw
 GM, 184 posts
 Captain Raiwaw
 of the ISS Starflower
Sat 22 Feb 2014
at 23:52
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
The streets are eerily quiet as the convoy continues.  Further away, over the cityscape, the sounds of gunfire can be heard along with small detonations - grenades, possibly - and the cracking retort of rubble falling away from damaged buildings to smash on (and occasionally through) the streets below.

It's lucky for the convoy that they don't need to restrict themselves to tracked or wheeled movement, because the roads are littered with broken speeders, rubble and the dead.  While the streets here are relatively clear there is still enough debris to hamper any kind of movement that doesn't involve repulsorlift units.  Their progress is smooth, if not terribly swift, and while they are as conspicuous as all hell their numbers and formation also affords them some protection.

Office buildings rise high on either side, largely undamaged, though several speeders seem to have collided with one another a little way ahead.

The team is still about 250m from the law enforcement station.
Devon Kismet
 player, 693 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Sun 23 Feb 2014
at 20:43
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
"Hold on." muttered Devon into his commlink as he surveyed the wrecked speeders they were headed toward.

"This looks... I don't like this.  We got crashed speeders ahead, I see weapons damage.  Road is partially blocked.  Cant see any people.  Could be a trap." Whilst he reported, Devons eyes darted around, trying to guess where ambushers could be laying in wait.

"I'm gonna scout ahead - wish me luck."

Devon accelerated a little, doubling his separation from the rest of the convoy.  If he timed this right he'd go through the suspect area before the rest of the team even reached it - giving him time to spot any problems, and warn them.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:12, Sun 23 Feb 2014.

Allen 'Flash'
 NPC, 676 posts
 Fake Name: Forim
 Security Chief
Sun 23 Feb 2014
at 21:27
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
"Understood Seven, keep an open channel."  Flash responded.  He couldn't see from his rear point but he became more alert, scanning the area more actively for trouble.

"Five, Ten, suggest you move up until you're both parallel with the truck.  We'll should switch from diamond to delta formation until Seven returns."

Flash diplomatically worded it as a suggestion rather then an order.  It wasn't out of any thought of Arin's feelings.  He simply didn't want to confuse the chain of command.  Arin had taken the lead on this mission and Flash didn't want to confuse the issue.
Heigren
 PC, 229 posts
 Zeltron Male
 False ID: Vyn Teckla
Sun 23 Feb 2014
at 21:33
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Heigren looks ahead for a second then quickly brings up his datapad.  He was looking for side streets or any other routes that avoided the potential 'danger area'.
Arin Branden
 player, 426 posts
 Talon 5
 Rathon Dann
Sun 23 Feb 2014
at 22:25
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
"Five moving in to Delta formation. Seven, watch your back." Arin took his new position in the convoy, his mind racing with possible tactical solutions and their outcomes.
Master Raiwaw
 GM, 185 posts
 Captain Raiwaw
 of the ISS Starflower
Mon 24 Feb 2014
at 00:50
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Without warning the sound of a blaster is heard, high up, and a blaster bolt slams into the street just in front of Devon, forcing him to swerve violently.

< Spot checks for everyone except Devon; Reflex save for Devon. >
Heigren
 PC, 230 posts
 Zeltron Male
 False ID: Vyn Teckla
Mon 24 Feb 2014
at 04:59
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Heigren was so busy studying maps on his datapad he completely missed the shot being fired.  Speaking into his comm he said.

"A few small alleys coming up, narrow but we'll fit at reduced speed.  Will take us longer to get there.  Maybe we should just risk going forward."



Spot Check - Natural 1!!!!
Arin Branden
 player, 427 posts
 Talon 5
 Rathon Dann
Mon 24 Feb 2014
at 09:34
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Arin was too busy thinking about tactics to notice anything, especially with the sunlight reflecting at his eyes from the side of a building.

Spot-check, natural 1. Oh bugger...
Devon Kismet
 player, 694 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Mon 24 Feb 2014
at 13:49
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Although he had more or less been expecting the shot, Devon still twitched and swerved when it happened.

Fighting the bike back onto an even keel, Devon found himself thanking the fates that the shooter had either aimed to miss, or was just a plain lousy shot.  The next shot fired would decide which - and Devon had no plans to make himself an easy target.

Reflex save:  17

This message was last edited by the player at 13:51, Mon 24 Feb 2014.

Mika Trake
 player, 536 posts
 Talon 10
 Shore leave Kimy Stell
Mon 24 Feb 2014
at 14:55
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Focused on her own little portion of the convoy, Mika doesn't notice anything noteworthy until the blaster bolt hits the pavement.

08:54, Today: Mika Trake rolled 6 using 1d20-1. Spot Check.
Dohr Veen
 player, 137 posts
Mon 24 Feb 2014
at 16:48
Re: Act 5.5.3 - The Grand Hotel
Well he'd practically been begging for it by questioning the quietness of the streets during the drive from St.Denao. Dohr Veen didn't put much faith in stuff like luck or sootsaying even though he'd witnessed his father foretelling many things before they'd taken place. It had been almost magical for the young boy and he'd always secretly wondered if the general would've been able to guess the lottery symbols before they were drawn.

So although he knew he hadn't personally conjured up the ambush, Dohr felt like cursing himself for thinking about it. Hearing Forim's suggestion, the Kel Dorian Major nodded. It was very likely that the main part of the attack would come either directly from the front or the sides and not behind their little convoy. The gang members weren't really smart enough or skilled in tactics to come up with such a plan. Or so he hoped. Sitting in the cockpit of the truck there really wasn't too much he could do about the attack other than trying to dodge the shots. "Kyvarr! If you can think of anything that might help me keep us alive while driving this thing, do not hesitate to tell me. You and Fiarr must act as my spotters and call out any attackers or obstacles as I need to concetrate fully on the driving."

Dohr tried to relax as much as possible and kept his eyes on the road and the barricade ahead.

17:45, Today: Dohr Veen rolled 17 using 1d20+1. Spot Check