Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station.   Posted by Master Raiwaw.Group: 0
Master Raiwaw
 GM, 191 posts
 Captain Raiwaw
 of the ISS Starflower
Sun 2 Mar 2014
at 07:00
Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
The law enforcement station sits between several other buildings, a surprisingly small building considering its placement and importance.  Far shorter than the buildings surrounding it the station has nonetheless been subjected to a remarkable amount of punishment; that it's standing at all is a testament to Det Akari architecture.

Rubble and scree blocks the majority of the front of the station.  Several police cruisers - all of them destroyed - are out the front and dead bodies litter the area.  Most of them look to be gang members.
Kyvarr 'Hammer' Dulvan
 Player, 69 posts
Sun 2 Mar 2014
at 09:58
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
As soon as they reached their destination, Kyvarr hopped out of the truck.  She'd heard about the fallen man but this was no time for people to mourn.  She didn't know who was in charge so she shouted orders until someone spoke up.

"Come on people.  We need to secure this area and find what we can.  Be careful nobody has barricaded themselves inside.
Devon Kismet
 player, 698 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Sun 2 Mar 2014
at 17:38
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
For a moment Kyvarr might have thought that perhaps the gangers had chased them:  the high pitched scream a swoop engine made at near top speed.  Then the bike flashed overhead and banked, decelerating and coming in to land next to the truck - it was Devon.

Devon hopped off the bike and looked around.
"from one pile of crap to another..." he muttered as he handed the blaster rifle to Kyvarr.  "Found this.  Figured we could use it.  How about a couple of the bikers stay airborne as spotters - make sure nothing else goes wrong."
Mika Trake
 player, 538 posts
 Talon 10
 Shore leave Kimy Stell
Sun 2 Mar 2014
at 19:41
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Mika pulls e swoop up short and powers it down.  She tries to hop off the bike, but ends up falling to the ground.  While there are tears in her eyes, her face looks blank and she's clearly dazed.  She pulls herself to her feet, stumbles against a wall and uses it to help her get to her feet.  She seems out of it, but the only sign of damage is the scorching on her clothes and the seared hair.
Dohr Veen
 player, 142 posts
Sun 2 Mar 2014
at 20:54
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Five is hit. No chute…. Dohr let out a deep sigh, but didn't slow the truck down. The ambush had been a partial success to the gangers then and a great loss to them. Of course he hadn't really even had a chance to meet the human and didn't feel grief due to his death on a personal level, but he still felt like one of the good guys had been lost. Their numbers had been small to begin with and the impact of having one pair of hands less would be substantial. Just as the rest of the convoy reached the remainders of what had once been an Akari City Enforcement station, a thought hit the doctor.

He raised the Flash's comlink to his mouth: "Doc here. I take it this channel of yours is encrypted?" Without waiting for a response he carried on: "Five's comms unit. It may compromise the security of our communication. Do you have a secondary encryption key available in order for us to keep on using a secure   line? I am afraid recovering the body of your teammate along with his comlink is not possible at the moment."

Dohr parked the speeder truck as close to the station as he was able, but with its front facing the road in case they'd need to leave the place in a hurry. "…And we have arrived at the police station or what is left of it." Ending the call, the Kel Dor got out of the vehicle and limped next to Kyvarr. "Agreed. It does not look too promising, but perhaps the insurgents were in too much of a hurry to loot the place properly." The doctor turned had a look around to see whether the corpses still had weapons beside them or if those had been taken by the gang members. He also made a mental note of possible defensive fighting positions.

As Devon's speeder arrived at the scene screaming, Dohr reflexively drew his pistol from within his robes, but quickly relaxed as he recognized Rian. Apparently he'd dealt with the ambusher as the human handed a nasty looking modded rifle over to the Cathar. Dohr pointed at the weapon with a finger. "That probably will not be of as much use as your… build-in weapons inside the building. I can stay outside and keep an eye out for any incoming hostiles." He opened the hand as if to say: 'Please give me the rifle'. The doctor then remembered Kyvarr's broken leg. "Unless of course you would prefer the guard duty yourself?

22:36, Today: Dohr Veen rolled 12 using 1d20+1. Spot roll.
B2-CC9
 Follower, 250 posts
Mon 3 Mar 2014
at 07:25
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"If I am provided a weapon," CC9 states, "I would be well-suited to guard duty.  I am less agile in enclosed spaces.  The M4 droids would act well as additional surveillance and defence if need be."
Kyvarr 'Hammer' Dulvan
 Player, 70 posts
Tue 4 Mar 2014
at 00:17
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Kyvarr hands the rifle to Fiarr.  "Give me your pistol and take this.  I know you're a good shot with one of these.  You cover our approach."

She then walked over to the battle droid.  "Droid, I assume you're standard programming has been upgraded.  State your designation and parameters."

A small voice in the back of her mind told Kyvarr she wasn't in command here but the sergeant in her told her to act.  If whoever was in command spoke up she would comply with any officer.
Fiarr Melan'nel
 player, 60 posts
Tue 4 Mar 2014
at 05:59
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Fiarr accepted the weapon and began checking it over.  Knowing Kyvarr she had an assault planned already.

"Am I on sniper duty or do you want me coming in with you?"
Devon Kismet
 player, 700 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Tue 4 Mar 2014
at 11:06
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Devon slumped against the side of the truck and pinched the bridge of his nose.
"Great, now I'm in charge..." he muttered very quietly.  Then he took a deep breath and hurried over to Fiarr and Dohr.

"To be honest, I would rather have you inside with us." he told the Bothan.  "I've heard how good you are at sneaking about."  He grinned and nodded his head in Mika's direction - referring to Fiarrs' successful pickpocket attempt.  Lowering his voice a little so that Mika wouldnt hear, Devon spoke earnestly to Dohr.
"Doc - get her moving.  She's my friend and I dont like to see her like this, but... we dont have time right now.  Get her functional."


Devon raised his voice slightly so everyone could hear him.
"We dont want to hang about here, just in case someone less friendly than us comes along.  So lets arm the Doombot" he pointed to the captured rifle and CC9 "and leave him and the M4s to stand watch whilst we head inside and search.  We're looking for anything that can help us - specifically stuff that will help us reach the ship and defend it once we get there."

The shipjacker turned his attention specifically to CC9.  "Make sure we got transport to come back to, and get the M4s scout our perimeter - check over the bodies for useful loot, but mainly I dont want anyone sneaking up on us, OK?"

Raising his voice to address the group again, Devon started scrambling over the rubble that surrounded the station.  "Now, lets get moving - I wanna be out of here in five minutes tops."

With his back turned, Devon swallowed nervously and hoped none of the others had picked up on how uncomfortable he was being in charge.  But mainly he hoped like hell they would actually follow him...

This message was last edited by the player at 11:10, Tue 04 Mar 2014.

Mika Trake
 player, 539 posts
 Talon 10
 Shore leave Kimy Stell
Tue 4 Mar 2014
at 15:27
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Mika looks down the street in the direction that Arin's swoop exploded and her eyes are moist.  She steps away from the wall, but quickly looses her balance and stumbles against her swoop.  She looks about owlishly, her eyes a bit unfocused.
B2-CC9
 Follower, 251 posts
Tue 4 Mar 2014
at 16:26
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
The droid watches Kyvarr in silence for just long enough to make it clear that he doesn't have to answer her if he chooses not to.  "My designation is B2-CC9.  I am a non-standard upgraded Baktoid Combat Automata B2-series super battle droid, colloquially called 'SBD'.  I have heuristic processor capabilities, am capable of independent decision-making and am not slaved to a remote processor.  My programming and capabilities are directly implied by my make and model designation.  In addition I am programmed for battle tactics, demolitions, armour crafting, piloting light craft and repair.  I do not clean dishes, cook meals or walk pets."  He turns to face the Cathar, looking down at her.  He looms, but it's probably more of a design feature than anything intentional.  "My mission parameters are... flexible."
Dohr Veen
 player, 144 posts
Tue 4 Mar 2014
at 19:25
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Dohr stood by and watched the exchange between the battle droid, Kyvarr and Fiarr in silence. He had been ignored completely by the Cathar warrior, but he let it pass with an invisible shrug. He didn't take it personally. Giving the rifle to the Bothan was an obvious choice as Kyvarr knew her and her abilities beforehand. He… He was just a limping doctor in a robe, not necessarily the most dangerous- or capable-looking character.

Dohr was about to say he'd be fine heading inside too when Rian joined in. Seven made the general mistake of thinking a doctor of something a doctor of everything. It was a quite common one and Dohr had grown used to it during his years. But even if it wasn't quite as precarious a situation to ask a doctor of medicine to fiddle with someone's mind as it would be to ask a psychiatrist to perform an organ operation, it still might be a path to lifelong trauma. Fortunately for Rian and Mika, Dohr was not a total stranger to treating mental injuries. The Kel Dorian smiled behind his mask, but didn't know whether the human recognized the expression behind it or not.

"You do understand I am no shrink, right? I can of course have a word with her. But as you said, we are a bit tight on schedule right now. So there really is no time for soothing words or pats on the head and I cannot give you any guarantees she will get over losing a friend any time soon." Dohr looked Rian in the eye and gave him a nod before heading towards Kimy and her speeder.

On his first encounter with the young girl, K, Dohr had had no clue she was part of the mercenary group. But even after the short time he'd had checking out her condition after the crash, he was sure the human was not a soldier. Nevertheless, this was not the time and place for having a longer talk about life and death with her. He was going to have use a heavy-handed, or mean as some seemed to think, approach. He didn't really like it and she certainly would not, but he hadn't done his masters in psychiatry. He'd learned to treat shell shock the hard way.

The doctor limped to Mika and despite of what he had said before, laid his four-fingered hand on her shoulder. "His bravery probably saved the rest of us. Your friend is gone, but you do not have to let him go or forget him. There will be plenty of time for remembrance later on.  But right now… right now we need to act." The hand squeezed hard enough for her to register it, but not too hard to hurt her. "I know it is tough, but you need to wipe your eyes and swallow your tears. Your team needs you now. So choose. Either make them proud or let them down."

The doctor felt really bad about the last words he had said as he walked away from the young woman. He hoped he had time after all the mess on Akari to apologize and explain. But right now he didn't need her to love or like him. He needed her to snap out of and start working.


OOC: I'm not sure which rolls to use to show Dohr's skills in such a situation. So here's a couple. :)

20:47, Today: Dohr Veen rolled 26 using 1d20+10. Profession: Medic.
21:02, Today: Dohr Veen rolled 24 using 1d20+11. Diplomacy.

This message was added to by the player at 19:26, Tue 04 Mar 2014.

Mika Trake
 player, 540 posts
 Talon 10
 Shore leave Kimy Stell
Tue 4 Mar 2014
at 19:33
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Mika looks at Dohr, obviously not following what he was saying very well.  "Didn't know him well, seemed a good guy though."  She seems rather disoriented and only marginally responsive.
Kyvarr 'Hammer' Dulvan
 Player, 71 posts
Tue 4 Mar 2014
at 22:19
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"Sir."  Kyvarr responded to Devon's instructions.  She quickly reallocated the weapons - rifle to CC9, pistol to Fiarr.

She then turned to Dohr and Mika.  "Can she fight Doc?  If not, stick her in the speeder out of the way.  I need you ready to go in with us in thirty seconds."

She then turned to the Duros.  "You lack a weapon, take mine."  She pulled a DC-18 heavy blaster she hadn't revealed before now.  "Take care of it, I'll want it back."

Giving her blaster away now left her unarmed but to date nobody had expressed a proficiency for hand to hand combat.

She walked over to Seven and saluted.  "Sir.  Team is ready.  B2-CC9 is remaining on guard, Ten is no use to us.  I have Five troops, including myself ready for action.  All are armed but me."

"Your orders sir?"

This message was last edited by the player at 00:44, Wed 05 Mar 2014.

Allen 'Flash'
 NPC, 684 posts
 Fake Name: Forim
 Security Chief
Tue 4 Mar 2014
at 22:43
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Flash accepted the heavy pistol with a grateful nod.  "Nice weapon.  Illegal on this planet of course, but nice.  Glad someone thought to give me a weapon."  The last comment was thrown in Devon's direction.  He wasn't upset, he knew Devon had to be very uncomfortable, but he couldn't pass up a chance to rub it in.
Heigren
 PC, 234 posts
 Zeltron Male
 False ID: Vyn Teckla
Wed 5 Mar 2014
at 00:46
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"Uh Rian, I should point out I have no weapon and while I've seen a few firefights I'm no soldiers.  If you need a diplomat or a negotiator, I'm your guy.  Else unless the building is full of nubile nymphomaniacs I'll be more hindrance then help."
Dohr Veen
 player, 145 posts
Thu 6 Mar 2014
at 07:39
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Dohr smiled behind his breathing apparatus at Kyvarr's order. According to what he had heard earlier, the mercenary group didn't have a proper chain of command in place, but the Cathar seemed to be very much accustomed to one. As was he. Or had been a very, very long time ago. Since then Dohr Veen had crisscrossed the galaxy working with and for various more or less unorganized groups. Naturally he had no idea of the effectiveness of this particular band of heroes, but in his experience even a low organizational structure helped soldiers work more effectively. Now… Now there was a third person within the last 30 minutes or so giving him orders. Dohr dismissed the thought with a shrug. Although he probably outranked them all in military hierarchy (though it made no sense comparing armies of different species), he had no trouble accepting orders from a person who clearly was in charge - soldier or not.

So instead of questioning the order, Dohr simply nodded to Kyvarr and turned to face Mr. Teckla. "Vyn, perhaps you could give me a hand with K here? I am sure you know her much better than I do and might have more success in bringing her back to reality from whatever bubble she happens to be in right now." The Doc cast a look at Mika and shook his head. "Looks like we are going to share the guard shift with B2-CC9."

Limping back to Mika, Dohr decided to give her the drill sergeant treatment first. He gently took put his hands on both sides of her head and turned her until their eyes met. "Ok soldier, snap out of it! If you want to live, we need you moving. NOW!"


OOC: If Mika still doesn't respond and if Heigren can't get her moving either, Dohr will lift her (hopefully with Heigren's help) into the back of the truck.
Heigren
 PC, 235 posts
 Zeltron Male
 False ID: Vyn Teckla
Thu 6 Mar 2014
at 11:39
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Heigren shrugged.  "Well I could have sex with her in the back of the speeder.  That's the best anti-depressant I know of but she's liable to cut off parts of my anatomy.  Besides, Kyvarr said you and I are going in.  Grab your blaster doc.  CC9 gets to play nurse it seems."
Devon Kismet
 player, 701 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Thu 6 Mar 2014
at 13:28
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Devons responed to Flash by simply giving his friend the Finger.
As he lead his little group of troops (as Kyvarr insisted on calling them) toward the station he outlined his plan.

"Ok, first off - if Vyns guess about whats in there is right... then we are STAYING."  It seemed even with the stress of the situation and someone channelling a drill sergeant breathing down his neck, Devon just couldnt stay 100% serious.


"We sweep through fast, scouting the place.  Don't grab anything at first, just locate stuff.  Carrying loot around will slow us down...  once we've done a sweep and know whats there then we grab the best stuff on our way back out.  Call it in if you find any survivors.  No-one wanders off alone - everyone needs to always have at least one other person in sight all the time - we stay in touch via comms... speaking of comms - "

Devon activated his Talon commlink.
"Hey Eleven, I know this is a long shot, but are you able to get us a floor plan for this place?  Save us wasting time searching through all the jockstraps in the laundry room."
Mika Trake
 player, 541 posts
 Talon 10
 Shore leave Kimy Stell
Thu 6 Mar 2014
at 20:22
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Mika doesn't make the connection that Cor was talking to her via the comlink or that Heigren is suggesting sexually assaulting her (perhaps jokingly), but she does note Dohr's more direct approach.  Looking at him with her eyes wide, only partially recognizing, responds with a meek, "Moving where?"
Dohr Veen
 player, 147 posts
Thu 6 Mar 2014
at 22:13
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
To Mika: "Inside the truck. Hurry up now!" Dohr nearly pushed the girl in and slammed the doors shut behind her before turning to the "Doombot. "I am sure you will do so without a need to remind you, but while you are taking charge of the guard duties, make sure she is safe."

Then the Kel Dorian hurried back to the others just in time to hear Devon's plan. Immediately he shook his head and voiced his concern. "Negative. We have no intel of the building. We do not know if the hostiles have set up an OP or even some kind of a base camp in there. They may also have mined the place. Unlikely, but possible. We are already too few to spread out and take the place by storm. We cannot risk losing any more of our number. Therefore, we will check the building out room by room, floor by floor. It will take a bit longer, but cuts down the risks a lot. We will divide the group into two - one for each side of a hallway. Left side:  Fiarr, Kyvarr, Rian. Right side: Forim, myself and Heigren. Fiarr and Forim take points of your groups. "

Dohr kept a pause letting his words sink in. It was clear the officer inside him had taken over, pushing the formerly more diplomatic doctor into the background. "But your proposal was good, Rian. We will make sure the building is clear of hostiles before salvaging any usable gear. Make mental notes of anything interesting on the way. After we have gone through the whole place, we can come back quickly and pick up anything we need. As we move in, the M4's go first to give us information on the entrances. They will act as our scouts as well as decoys. And be sure to call out clear rooms or any the number and location of possible hostiles. Any questions?"
Devon Kismet
 player, 704 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Thu 6 Mar 2014
at 22:30
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Devon listened to Dohrs ideas - it was possible some of the relief he felt at getting advice showed on his face.  And Cor had suggested he take advice from the others.

"Good point - we do it your way.  Except I want to leave the M4s out here with CC9 to give us more eyes out on the perimeter.  I dont want CC9 trying to establish a perimeter AND baby-sit our vehicles - " he didnt add 'and Mika' but the implication was clear "with just his own eyes to rely on.  I'd love to have them in there with us, but I think we need them out here more."
Peering past Dohr, Devon looked at CC9.

"What do you think?"
he asked the towering droid.
B2-CC9
 Follower, 252 posts
Fri 7 Mar 2014
at 00:25
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
The battle droid gazed at Devon with no expression, except his usual battle droid expression.  "I compute that our odds of success in rescuing the mistress derease with each minute we delay."

"The best use of the M4's would be to load them with any grenade or explosive device we can make and have them fire them through the windows.  Tactical probability suggests any defenders are located there."

Kyvarr 'Hammer' Dulvan
 Player, 72 posts
Fri 7 Mar 2014
at 12:02
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"I like how you think." Kyvarr replies to CC9's suggestion.  "Problem is I'm not sure we have any grenades and we don't have time to jury-rig any.  Sure would have helped with the doors too."
Mika Trake
 player, 542 posts
 Talon 10
 Shore leave Kimy Stell
Fri 7 Mar 2014
at 19:06
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Mika turns towards the truck, blinking a bit.  As she steps on the threshold, she shakes her head and doesn't feel anything rattling.  She looks back at Dohr and her eyes seem more in focus, like she's actually seeing the doctor now.

"I...  I think I'm good coming along."  Turning towards her swoop, her footing more steady, she pops the cargo panel on the swoop to release the droid and gather her belongings.  "C'mon, before we get left behind."  Her step is still a bit unsteady, but improving with each step.
Fiarr Melan'nel
 player, 61 posts
Fri 7 Mar 2014
at 22:45
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Fiarr moved to stand with Devon in the left flank team.  Her blaster was still holstered but easily drawn at a moment's notice.  She looked at Rian then Dohr.  Since she wasn't sure which one was in charge, she asked both.

"Are we doing this?"
Dohr Veen
 player, 149 posts
Sun 9 Mar 2014
at 07:26
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
K finally seemed to come to her senses and grabbed some gear before joining the others. Dohr nodded to her and simply replied: "Good. Take the rear of Hammer's group." The Major then turned towards the battle droid and others. "Hammer is right. We do not have the time to build bombs right now. But your reasoning is good. The windows present a clear threat to our approach. That is why we will split the M4's. One will stay with B2-CC9 and scout the perimeter. Whomever controls it, give its command to B2, unless already done. The second M4 will move ahead to the building. It will first scan those barred windows and then check both of the entrances for any signs of life. In the meanwhile we will move in using the debris as cover. Spread out to make smaller targets… Unless M4's information says otherwise, we will head for the vehicle entrance as the main door would be the more obvious entry point. It should give us the needed seconds to get inside before contact."

Dohr waits for a moment for any objections before moving on. "B2, as the rest of us get within blaster range of the building, use the sniper rifle to give us cover unless preoccupied by something more urgent. Priority target is the windows. Two, Seven, earlier on Eleven said we have the use of your group's full skillset once together. With Five down, which of you is best suited for breaking through the locking system of the building?"

After a response the Kel Dorian spoke on the comms: "Eleven. We are now starting our approach. Any news on the blueprint of the place?" He then checked his pistol was ready and nodded to Fiarr. "We are indeed. Let's move out. 10 meters between the groups and try to spread out evenly as much as the cover allows it.""
Master Servious
 GM, 1682 posts
 The ultimate power
 in the universe!
Sun 9 Mar 2014
at 12:13
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Receiving their orders, the two groups begin moving in while M4-5 flies ahead and approaches the upper windows.

The Talons have covered about 20 metres, moving from cover to cover, when two shots ring out from ahead.  One narrowly misses M4-5 while the other strikes the ground less then a metre in front of Dohr who was in point position for his team.

The Talons dive to cover and the M4 goes evasive.  No further shots ring out.


OOC: Unless Dohr commandeered someone's comm he'll no longer have access to the Talon's comm net.  Heigren's comm wouldn't be on open comm anymore else the enemy can hear all your plans!  Either way, Cor answered Dohr's question in the comm thread.  Also CC9's weapon is a blaster rifle, not a sniper rifle.

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:14, Sun 09 Mar 2014.

B2-CC9
 Follower, 253 posts
Sun 9 Mar 2014
at 12:19
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
CC9's voice comes over the comms.  "Single shooter.  Upper level, right window.  Firing pattern suggests warning shots.  Shall I terminate hostile?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:09, Sun 09 Mar 2014.

Dohr Veen
 player, 151 posts
Sun 9 Mar 2014
at 20:16
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"Affirmative. Weapons free." Dohr called from behind a wreck of a air-taxi. It had been too close. The shooters were good. Too good even, to hit so close at nearly 400 meters. A thought hit him immediately: Maybe there are still ACE troops alive inside…" Members of gangs usually weren't trained in the use of rifles, but Dohr knew better than to call it impossible. And yet…"CC9, cancel that for now. Everyone else, hold your position."

Dohr took a deep breath and hoped his gut feeling was right. If it wasn't, their assault might just have gotten a bit more difficult due to the pause. "Eleven, Doc here. Could you try contacting the ACE station were at? It just occurred to me the police officers may still hold the place. In that case an assault would be suicidal. There are more than a few dead gangers lying around to prove it. I have falsely taken it for granted that the insurgents have raided the place, even when that may not be the case."
Cor Lambar
 player, 564 posts
 Talon Eleven
 ID: 'Sola Numen'
Sun 9 Mar 2014
at 22:39
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"Negative Doc.  Communications are still down or being jammed all over the city.  Only higher-band military frequencies like ours are getting through.  Unless you gave an ACE trooper one of our commlinks I can't contact them."
Devon Kismet
 player, 705 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Sun 9 Mar 2014
at 23:01
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Dohr Veen:
"CC9, cancel that for now. Everyone else, hold your position."</B>



"Yeah,
" called Devon from behind a lump of rubble. "The gangers aint been firing warning shots so far - that guy aimed to miss."

Devon risked a peek out of cover, but the shooter was too distant for him to see.  the fact that the shooter could see them however, was a foregone conclusion.

"Ok, so we cant comm them and we cant yell at them.  I think someone needs to go over there and talk to them."  Devon started hunting around on the ground.

"Anyone got any white cloth?  Hopefully they aint so twitchy that they'll kill someone with a white flag out of hand...  if we can find something, I'll risk standing up.  If they dont shoot, then maybe we can send a delegation over there to do some talking.  For now, everyone hold your fire - if we start shooting they DEFINITLY wont be interested in a chat."

Devon was under no illusions about the Doc or Heigren being better at fast talking than him - and that made them more valuable than him right now.  Plus Dohr was their only medic... and Devon still wasnt really comfortable with ordering other people into danger.
Master Servious
 GM, 1683 posts
 The ultimate power
 in the universe!
Mon 10 Mar 2014
at 00:39
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Devon managed to find a piece of cloth that used to be white but was now some hybrid colour of blood-red, soot, smoke and scorch marks.  Still it was the best they had.  Securing it to a short length of pipe.

Devon carefully raised the makeshift flag and waited.  No shot.  Cautiously, the shipjacker stood upright and waited.  Still no shot.  Either the shooters were waiting for a better shot or they were respecting the truce flag.
Heigren
 PC, 236 posts
 Zeltron Male
 False ID: Vyn Teckla
Mon 10 Mar 2014
at 03:11
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"I guess that means I'm up.  Hope they not just on a caf break."

Heigren stood up, his hands up in the air.  He had no weapon to conceal, a good thing since both his tan designer slacks and floral print green silk shirt were both skin tight.  The front of his shirt had several buttons open at the top.  Even in a warzone, he was determined to look good.

He slowly walked over and stood beside Devon, hands still out to the sides.  "So what do you want me to do?"
Devon Kismet
 player, 706 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Mon 10 Mar 2014
at 10:12
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"Hey, look at that - we're not dead yet."  muttered Devon, eyes fixed on the station with the air of one staring down a firing squad.

"Well, our options now are either we leave... we assault the place... or you an' me go over there and talk to them - find out who's in there, how many and how friendly they're feeling.  If they're not and they're too well dug-in for us to take them, then maybe we can at least get safe passage as we pass by."

Devon glanced round briefly at the others still sheltering in cover.
"Obviously, no-one fires whilst we're doing this.  I'll stay in touch via comms as much as possible.  Me and Vyn are going to use my bike to ride over there.  If anyone can talk them down, its gonna be our playboy here.  If anyone has a better idea, nows the time to say."

OOC: Assuming no-one speaks up:

Still holding his flag, Devon moved carefully to his bike and mounted up, then beckoned Heigren to join him.  Once they were both mounted, Devon handed the flag back to Heigren so he had both hands free for the controls.

He planned to keep their speed low, and hopefully none threatening - they had several hundred meters to cover and the boke would be faster than walking.
Dohr Veen
 player, 152 posts
Mon 10 Mar 2014
at 11:51
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Dohr slipped his pistol into the hidden holster under his robe. He then opened his backpack, pulled out a white, triangular bandage cloth and slowly stood up holding it in his free hand well away from his body while leaning on his cane with the other. Keeping his eyes on the police station, the doctor spoke with a calm, less commanding voice. "While I have nothing against the two of you heading out there alone, I would offer myself and my negotiation experience at your disposal. As I believe neither of you has military or law enforcement training, I might be able to help you speak... their language, if you will. And though I have only lived on Det Akari for a little over 18 months, there is a possibility I may have gained a certain degree of reputation even amongst the ACE... And they would not shoot a limping, old gentleman without hearing him out first, now would they?"
Heigren
 PC, 237 posts
 Zeltron Male
 False ID: Vyn Teckla
Mon 10 Mar 2014
at 12:44
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"Limping old gentlemen?  No offense Doc, if you can sell yourself to them as some old harmless decrepit then I've got some beachfront property on Tatooine to sell them!"

"Besides,"
Heigren added with a wink.  "I've been here less than a week and I've developed something of a reputation of my own."
Mika Trake
 player, 543 posts
 Talon 10
 Shore leave Kimy Stell
Mon 10 Mar 2014
at 19:33
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Mika, hunkering down in cover, listens and watches and keeps her head down.  She does keep an eye on those going forward with the flag, making sure to keep her own blaster holstered.  She'd like to send the droid ahead with them, but fears it might draw unfriendly attention.
Devon Kismet
 player, 707 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Tue 11 Mar 2014
at 11:32
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"No."  Devon told Dohr - trying to sound as firm as he could.
"First - you're our only medic and I want you back here safe in case someone needs a hole plugging.  Second - you do have a reputation around here, yes.  And as I recall that rep is as a street doc who works with the gangs - I hardly think that will endear you with the local law right now."

Devon looked round at the other Talons.  "So its going to be just me and Vyn at first.  We'll see what the lay of the land is and stay in touch."

Starting the bikes engine, Devon began steering it carefully though the rubble toward the station, keeping his speed low enough that hopefully this wouldnt look like an attack run.
Dohr Veen
 player, 153 posts
Tue 11 Mar 2014
at 14:26
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Rian was wrong about his reputation, but there was no point in arguing about it now. There was no way he could know all about Dohr's role in the slums called Claws.  The doctor had always been totally neutral and hadn't worked with gangs specifically. He helped any and all in need of medical treatment. Or had helped. His clinic and former life on Akari was history now. But during the year and a half of his stay he had always been on good terms with the ACE. And there had even been two occasions when a uniformed law enforcement officer bleeding on his operation table too.

He could see the human's point about him being the only medic of the group and that was the only reason he accepted the negative response. Unnecessary danger to his health would only endanger them all. "Fair enough. Good luck.", he said with another one of his nods and offered the white cloth to Devon.
Master Servious
 GM, 1684 posts
 The ultimate power
 in the universe!
Wed 12 Mar 2014
at 12:27
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Devon and Heigren begin moving slowly towards the building, Heigren still clutching the makeshift truce flag.  Devon has to maneuver around various obstacles, but keeps it as smooth as he can, avoiding sharp maneuvers which might startle the shooter.

The pair have closed to within nearly 50m of the building when a voice bellows "STOP!"

Devon brakes reflexively, causing Heigren to gasp as he slams into the shipjacker.

The voice comes again, this time they recognise that it is amplified through use of a PA, megaphone or similar device.  The voice is speaking heavily-accented basic.  It sounds like it's female but the amplifier distorts the voice enough it's hard to be sure.

"You are violating Det Akari Law Enforcement's orders of curfew and trespassing!"


OOC:  Anyone further back can make a Listen check DC12 to hear the message.  Otherwise it's distorted with distance.

Devon & Heigren, you are a little over 50m from the building.  You can't see the speaker.

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:28, Wed 12 Mar 2014.

Devon Kismet
 player, 708 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Wed 12 Mar 2014
at 13:03
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"Someone is telling us to stop - they're using a loud hailer.  No-one visible." muttered Devon into his commlink as he shut down the bikes engine, then slowly and carefully climbed off - keeping his hands visible all the time.  He motioned for Heigren to dismount as well.

Looking up at the building, Devon confirmed again that he couldnt see any defenders and began to suspect that there couldn't be many people left alive inside.  Maybe he was right, but Devon wasnt willing to bet his and Heigrens life on that hunch.
"Here we go - feel free to take over any time.  We need to get inside.  They let us get this close and haven't fired again, so I'm betting they're willing to talk - provided we're friendly.  They may have casualties and we have a medic with us - we can use that to bargain if we need to." he muttered to the Zeltron then raised his voice to yell back.


"Hold your fire - We are not with the gangs!" Devon shouted.  "Can we approach and talk?"
Sweat trickled down Devons neck as he wondered how many shooters were aimed at him right now, and whether all the shouting would attract unwanted attention.
Master Servious
 GM, 1685 posts
 The ultimate power
 in the universe!
Wed 12 Mar 2014
at 23:08
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"We can hear you from there, do not approach! What is your business here?"
Devon Kismet
 player, 710 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Wed 12 Mar 2014
at 23:31
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"Gotcha." Devon murmured to Heigren.  "Two guys with a white flag who are following instructions and we're STILL too scary to let in? I'm betting there isn't many of them still able to fight in there.  Look at this place - they got hit hard.  Bound to be wounded in there.  If they still had any kind of numbers you and I would be staring down a damn riot squad right now."

Devon glanced at Heigren, waiting for him to work his talkative magic.
Heigren
 PC, 238 posts
 Zeltron Male
 False ID: Vyn Teckla
Thu 13 Mar 2014
at 00:17
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Heigren considers Devon's words.  Then he mumbles into his comm.  "Possibly.  She's confident, but it's a practiced confidence, someone used to being in charge.  Imperial officers used to reek of it.  Whoever she is, she's used to being in charge of a situation, officer probably."

He steps away from Devon and takes a few steps forward.  "Ma'am, I'm Corporal Vyn Teckla, 2nd Recon Division, Det Akari Special Forces Group.  Our team was on shore leave when this trouble started.  Our base is too far away so we headed for the nearest security station.  We've already fought through one ambush to get here.  Our CO and XO are missing, one of our officers died in the ambush.  I suggest we work together here Ma'am."

A lie mixed with the truth, that was always the secret.  The story was mostly true with embellishment thrown in.  They were a special operations group, He had no idea where Mark and Zyra were and Arin was dead.  Truth within lies.  The Zeltron ensured he put the right tone in his voice.  Respect for a suspected officer, mixed with a degree of authority and contempt for those who weren't in special forces.  He'd even borrowed a little of Kyvarr's deference to officers.  He allowed himself a degree of smug satisfaction, he'd outdone himself today.


Bluff: 35 - yeah baby yeah!

This message was last edited by the player at 00:18, Thu 13 Mar 2014.

Fiarr Melan'nel
 player, 62 posts
Thu 13 Mar 2014
at 07:20
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Fiarr supressed a snort.  Who was this Zeltron?  Hell she almost believed his story and she knew it was a lie.

She moved closer to Dohr.  "In case this ruse doesn't work, perhaps we can try a more covert solution.  Either I could find an elevated point, take the rifle and pick of our enemies.  Either that or I could attempt a covert insertion while you distract the guards.  Working silently is my specialty, be it from a distance, up close or getting where I'm not wanted.  Might work more smoothly then a direct assault which is what I'm sure my Cathar friend will recommend."
Master Servious
 GM, 1687 posts
 The ultimate power
 in the universe!
Thu 13 Mar 2014
at 08:12
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"Alright, corporal. Approach the door alone. I will send someone to let you, and only you, in."

This message was last edited by the GM at 08:12, Thu 13 Mar 2014.

Heigren
 PC, 241 posts
 Zeltron Male
 False ID: Vyn Teckla
Thu 13 Mar 2014
at 08:47
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Heigren looked at Devon expectantly.  "Whaddya think boss?"
Dohr Veen
 player, 156 posts
Thu 13 Mar 2014
at 12:12
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Dohr listened to Fiarr's suggestions and then shook his head slowly enough not to be registered by the ACE sniper looking at them from the window of the police station. "In case you are suggesting we attack the police station, then that is a negative. The law enforcement is neither our enemy nor our target. We are only looking for more equipment to help us get through the insurgents. Unless Mr. Teckla is able to sweet-talk the officer in charge to give or sell us what we need, we will have to take our chances with what he have."

The doctor turned to face the Bothan. "Then again, if you are referring to the ganger barricades at the spaceport, then I would be inclined to support a covert method. However I believe our new friends would be reluctant to agree on a stealthy approach as they fear their colleague on the transport is running out of time."

The Kel Dor's brain seemed to register one word with a little delay... "Ruse? Your hearing appears to be far sharper than mine as I am not able to make out what is being said between our Zeltron friend and the female officer. But I can guess his approach is as audacious as his party was. And they have not shot him yet, so he must be doing well." The doctor was smiling behind his mask and it was probably audible in his voice as well. "He is good.... Very good indeed."

Dohr risked a private thought while observing the situation at the building ahead. He was very impressed by the mercenary group so far. They felt like professionals and likable personalities as well. He would enjoy working with them very much should the rest of the team prove to be the same. And the two women, Kyvarr and Fiarr, so very unlike himself, but yet he knew they would get along just great. Now they just needed to make it off planet alive.
Fiarr Melan'nel
 player, 64 posts
Thu 13 Mar 2014
at 12:50
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"Infiltrating by stealth doesn't have to mean any deaths.  I might be able to sneak past them.  If not, my blaster has a stun setting.  Not saying we need to do any of this, just wanted you to know my skill set.  I should also mention I have advanced demolition training and my marksmanship was rated sniper level by the Bothan Military Defence Force.  An officer needs all the information available to make an informed decision don't they?"


OOC:  Just figured it might help to know what Fiarr can do.  Her skills are not as 'obvious' as Kyvarr's!  The Cather is very loud, Fiarr is very subtle.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:51, Thu 13 Mar 2014.

Devon Kismet
 player, 712 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Thu 13 Mar 2014
at 13:14
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Heigren:
Heigren looked at Devon expectantly.  "Whaddya think boss?"


Devon looked at Heigren in frank admiration.
"Keep talking like that and I think we'll be able to persuade the gangers to down-arms and pay for all the repair work and after that you can run for president."

The shipjacker glanced up at the station then looked back to Heigren
"More seriously:  go in there and talk to them.  Maybe you get some kit off them, maybe you can persuade them to actively help us with the spaceport assault.  Try and persuade them to let the rest of us in.  Keep your comms open the entire time - we'll be listening.  If you hit trouble and want extraction use the word 'toast' in a sentence and we'll come for you.  Don't say it unless you MEAN it, OK?"

He clapped the Zeltron on a shoulder. "good luck in there, and remember:  'toast'"

Watching Heigren head toward the door, shielding his eyes and squinting to get as good a view of the door as he possibly could.  He was very aware that in a few moments he might have to breach that door in a big hurry.  He activated his Talon comm.
"Seven here:  Vyn is going in to negotiate - he'll have his comms set to transmit at all times.  If he uses the word 'Toast' in a sentence for any reason, we storm the place and rescue him.  Hammer, CC9: you'll be leading the team if that happens - have an assault plan ready."

This message was last edited by the player at 13:16, Thu 13 Mar 2014.

Mika Trake
 player, 544 posts
 Talon 10
 Shore leave Kimy Stell
Thu 13 Mar 2014
at 19:34
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Mika, apparently more or less recovered from the shock of the near misses before, looks about to see who's in her immediate vicinity.  To her way of thinking, there's nothing in the Law Enforcement Station that really requires them risking either the team or the new/temporary recruits.
Dohr Veen
 player, 158 posts
Thu 13 Mar 2014
at 19:41
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Dohr nodded to Fiarr. "Indeed. Solid thinking. Snipers never were my favorite enemies, but it is good to have one on our side. I am not a terrible shot myself, but obviously my best skills lie elsewhere." It was impossible to say whether the Kel Dorian was joking or not as his voice stayed even through the sentence.

Hearing Devon's voice, the Kel Dorian turned his eyes to the duo standing in front of the damaged building. "Roger that, Seven… Let us hope he will not be… Toast, I mean. Good luck, Mr. T. Do not take unnecessary risks."
Heigren
 PC, 243 posts
 Zeltron Male
 False ID: Vyn Teckla
Thu 13 Mar 2014
at 23:01
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Heigren grinneda at Devon.  If he was nervous, he was hiding it well.

He stepped off the bike, slapped Devon on the shoulder.  "Wish me luck."

He then walked slowly towards the building's main entrance.
Mika Trake
 player, 546 posts
 Talon 10
 Shore leave Kimy Stell
Thu 13 Mar 2014
at 23:34
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Mika wonders, if going over the gates wasn't a good option, maybe there were some options that would let them pass under the gates.  There would possibly be some maintenance tunnels or something.  But if Cor couldn't pull schematics and there was a time limits, they probably didn't have time to explore options.  Still, it seems like they could find something less risky than a frontal assault.
Kyvarr 'Hammer' Dulvan
 Player, 73 posts
Fri 14 Mar 2014
at 05:04
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Kyvarr clicks on her comms.  "Sirs.  What is our backup plan should they either refuse Vyn's negotiation or worse yet, take him prisoner?"
Master Servious
 GM, 1689 posts
 The ultimate power
 in the universe!
Fri 14 Mar 2014
at 08:27
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
As Heigren reaches the door, it silently swings inwards about half a metre.  Nothing can be seen inside.  With one last look around, Heigren steps inside and the door closes behind him.
Dohr Veen
 player, 159 posts
Fri 14 Mar 2014
at 09:12
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"Doc here. I do not think there is much we can do in case they decline our request. Trying to force our way in would be too risky. We will need to come up with a new plan or go with what we have... And what comes to them arresting Vyn... I think it is very unlikely that they would do that. ACE is at war right now, so I fear they may in their stressed out state simply decide to eliminate him instead of taking him prisoner. I hope I am wrong."

Dohr closed his eyes and went silent for a few seconds as he considered the situation. When he opened them again, Heigren had disappeared inside the building already. "But... Should that happen. Then we have two paths to choose from... diplomacy or stealth... Or both. Not knowing what his story is makes negotiating more difficult, but I would like to try it first nevertheless. A rescue attempt should be prepared at the same time however."
Kyvarr 'Hammer' Dulvan
 Player, 74 posts
Fri 14 Mar 2014
at 10:01
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
With respect sir. If they kill or take Vyn hostage then negotiation has already failed.  If you want a rescue plan by stealth, talk to the Bothan.  I can give you several assault options butI don't do stealth sir.
Idaya
 player, 1 post
Fri 14 Mar 2014
at 11:08
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
What Heigren encounters is a figure in a black suit of armour with an enclosed helmet, leaving the identity of its wearer a complete mystery. The person wearing the armour, which appears to be an armoured flight suit of some kind, holds some type of a blaster carbine, aimed at Heigren's chest. "A precaution", the person says in a heavily accented basic. The helmet somewhat distorts the voice, but it is quite possible, the person is the same one who used the loudspeakers earlier.

"And for a moment, there is another precaution. Face the wall and lean your forehead against it. Keep your forehead against the wall and step back. Spread legs. Step back. Spread legs. Now, hands behind your back." Assuming, the Zeltron does as he is told - something the blaster, pointed at his chest highly suggests, a pair of restraints lock around his wrists. The position seems somewhat impossible to spring back from without breaking one's neck, but as soon as the restraints are locked around his wrists, he is then helped back in to a standing position. "I am now going to search you for weapons", the armoured figure says. While the commands come with military sharpness, they are given politely. "Please, assume a kneeling position with your ankles crossed."

This message was last edited by the player at 11:11, Fri 14 Mar 2014.

Heigren
 PC, 244 posts
 Zeltron Male
 False ID: Vyn Teckla
Fri 14 Mar 2014
at 11:56
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Heigren did as instructed. The positions caused him little difficulty, suggesting he was used to contorting himself in strange positions.   "You know this isn't the first time I've been cuffed and frisked by a girl, but normally I have to buy them a drink first and they usually tell me their name."
Dohr Veen
 player, 160 posts
Fri 14 Mar 2014
at 12:19
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"I meant negotiating for his release, not the gear we need. Half of the wars are won across a table instead of a battle field. While I am not in a position to give the rest of you official, direct orders, I feel that endangering the whole squad over a fallen comrade would be senseless. A loss is a loss and leaving a friend's body behind is always painful. But you know as well as I do that sometimes the circumstances leave us no other choice."

Dohr turned to face the Cathar and Bothan and nodded. "Rest assured. If it comes down to a rescue mission, then plans by both of you will be needed. But we require more information of the building to effectively carry out such an endeavor. However we are no doubt watched very closely right now, so we need to make a show of heading back to the vehicles to wait. From there it should be easier for a single soldier to slip out unnoticed. It would seem you are best suited for such a recon mission, Fiarr. Would you be ready do carry it out?"

Clicking the comms, Dohr made sure Devon heard him as well. "Everyone, fall back to the truck. Make it look casual as if everything was just as it should be."
Idaya
 player, 2 posts
Fri 14 Mar 2014
at 14:51
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
The armoured person did not stop to comment on Heigren's attempt to flirt, but he could feel a reinforced boot stuck between the soles of his boots, effectively locking his legs in to a position. The ensuing frisking was quick and efficient, to the point of finding the comlink. "Now, I say we turn this off for a while and discuss things just the two of us", the person said, "or do you object? I promise, no harm will come to you." At least the offer sounded sincere.

Diplomacy check 28
Heigren
 PC, 245 posts
 Zeltron Male
 False ID: Vyn Teckla
Fri 14 Mar 2014
at 23:47
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"Just the two of us?"  Heigren repeated.  "Now you're talking my kind of language.  However, if you want privacy while I 'fully examine' you in return, how will we prevent your people from coming in?
Idaya
 player, 3 posts
Sat 15 Mar 2014
at 07:07
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
The armoured figure switched Heigren's comlink off.
Master Servious
 GM, 1690 posts
 The ultimate power
 in the universe!
Sat 15 Mar 2014
at 23:04
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
A few moments after Heigren's comm call, the door opens and Heigren walks out alone.  The door closes behind him and he hears the locks slam into place.
Devon Kismet
 player, 715 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Sat 15 Mar 2014
at 23:20
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Almost immediately, Devon - who hadnt moved from where he had been when he'd dropped heigren off - peeked out behind the ruined wall  where he'd parked the bike whilst they waited.  He waved Heigren over.

As the Zeltron approached, Devon activates his commlink
"OK, be ready to move out, people.  I guess we're not staying and it wont be too long before those gangers come looking for a rematch."  he said resignedly.

Although Devon was clearly relieved to see Heigren come back in one piece, he looked disappointed - he'd probably been hoping the Zeltron would come out with some deal for equipment...
"OK, only one question for you" he said quietly as Heigren arrived.  "You saw the inside of that place - Is it worth us risking an assault?  If not, we're outta here."

Apparently Devon didnt plan to second guess Heigrens negotiating skills...
Heigren
 PC, 247 posts
 Zeltron Male
 False ID: Vyn Teckla
Sun 16 Mar 2014
at 00:41
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Heigren shrugged.  He left his comm on as he talked.  "Hard to say but probably not.  I saw only one person.  Claims she's ex-military but not this planet.  Claimed to be working with ACE but I'm not sure.  Didn't see a single trooper and she kept avoiding the question when I asked about them.  Could be she murdered them all.  If there are any there I'd say no more than two tops.  Some may be wounded as she was asking about doctors.  However she refused to say how many people were in there and refused to relinquish her weapon in exchange for us taking her with us.  She's either incredibly stubborn or she has something to hide.  Either way we don't have time for extended negotiation."

"If you wanted to assault the place, that vehicle door is hanging by a thread.  Wouldn't take much to bash it in.  Other then that if you choose to assault, please offer her a chance to surrender first.  I promised we'd not harm her so she needs to know the rules have changed.  I'm a Zeltron of my word wether she believed me or not."


He took one last look back at the station.  He was sad his negotiations had failed.  Surely he'd not been unreasonable.  Still Idaya was able to make her own choices and she chose to stay.  He silently wished her luck and climbed on the bike behind Devon.

"So what's the new plan boss?  Bug out or attack?  I do recall her saying she couldn't access the weapon storage lockers as she couldn't slice them.  May mean there are some weapons still in there."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:47, Sun 16 Mar 2014.

Kyvarr 'Hammer' Dulvan
 Player, 75 posts
Sun 16 Mar 2014
at 01:39
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Kyvarr had stood next to Dohr so she could listen in.  When she heard Heigren's report she turned to Dohr.

"Sir, I know you said you likely wouldn't but if you choose the assault option I have an attack plan in mind.  I would recommend a frontal assault using the truck as a battering ram.  B2-CC9 would drive, I would take front passenger.  Fiarr would remain behind with the rifle to snipe at any enemy at an elevated window.  One M4 droid to serve as recon out here, the other to come with the 'truck team'.  Main assault force would be in the cargo bed of the truck, the most secure point.  Once CC9 and I breached, they would join us and we would break into the teams you previously proposed.  CC9 would remain with the truck should we need a fast retreat."

"I'd prefer a multi-pronged assault but we lack explosive ordnance to do so Sir."

Fiarr Melan'nel
 player, 65 posts
Sun 16 Mar 2014
at 03:46
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Fiarr listened but said nothing.  While she didn't think an assault was the best solution, if it cam to that she thought Kyvarr's role for her was the best one.  While Fiarr didn't mind close combat assault, she preferred a vibrodagger to the back from a dark corner or a sniper bolt from a long distance to a face-to-face assault.
Idaya
 player, 4 posts
Sun 16 Mar 2014
at 07:13
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
The door, Heigren had gone through opened up again and the mysterious person, he had negotiated with walked out, weapon stowed on her back. She seemed to be headed straight for the Talons, and by the body language, she did not seem hostile.
Mika Trake
 player, 548 posts
 Talon 10
 Shore leave Kimy Stell
Sun 16 Mar 2014
at 17:13
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Mika watches events unfold.  First, it was the Talons who laid down arms and approached, now the woman from the building was coming out and giving up on her refuge.  If they opted to try and cut her down, odds are they could put her down but Mika wasn't here to cut people down, but to figure out how to get to the ship and get off planet.
Devon Kismet
 player, 716 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Sun 16 Mar 2014
at 17:19
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"either incredibly stubborn or she has something to hide... and we DONT have time to mess about.  Right."
Devon peered over the wall as he heard the station door swing open.
"Aaaaand here she comes - and alone.  Reckon you're right about no-one else in there being in a condition to fight."

"All Talons converge on me - we're going in.." he said quickly into his commlink.  Then he lowered his voice to whisper to Heigren.

As the figure approached, Devon lurked behind his wall and waited for Heigren to stand first - as soon as the strangers attention was on the Zeltron, he stood too and immeditately stepped to the side so that Heigren wasnt blocking his line of sight.

Devon had his blaster in a firm, two handed grip, aimed squarely at the centre of Idayas chest.
Idaya
 player, 5 posts
Sun 16 Mar 2014
at 18:34
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
While Idaya closed the Talons, her weapon remained on her back as a clear sign of non-aggression. It appeared, she would leave it to the Talons to decide, how they wanted to handle the matter, but it was quite probable, if she did survive the first volley, she would return fire. Reaching shouting range, she sounded off. "I want to talk to the person in charge of your team!"

This message was last edited by the player at 18:35, Sun 16 Mar 2014.

Dohr Veen
 player, 161 posts
Sun 16 Mar 2014
at 20:35
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Dohr too listened to Heigren's account of what had he'd seen inside the ACE station. Him having met only one person was a surprise to the doctor. He had been expecting more people defending the place. Then again, looking at the outside it was small wonder that only one officer had survived the attack or attacks. Dohr didn't buy the Zeltron's guess at what had happened to the other troopers. In his experience it would be most unlikely for a single person to be able to gun down everyone else positioned at the station. No. The woman was probably just being careful about what she was revealing to a man she didn't know. Most likely she didn't wish to admit she was the only one left… If that really was the case. And in her place, the doctor wouldn't have agreed to give up his weapon either. Not so quickly, not to a total stranger.

What did seem a bit weird was that she didn't know the codes for the weapons locker. Of course it might just be how things were handled on Det Akari. They may normally have had a quartermaster in charge of weapons and ammunition. Perhaps, to ensure security, only the commander and the QM knew the access code. Whatever the case, it also indicated that there were still weapons in the lockers… or at least the gangers had not looted them.

The Kel Dorian shook his head when Heigren responded to Devon about the possibility of an attack and he shook it again when Kyvarr presented her attack plan to him. It was not a bad plan. Not at all. But the idea of attacking the building had just gotten a lot worse. With the communication line open he spoke slowly and clearly. "No. We will not attack the station as it still seems to be held by the ACE or at least one its officer and not the gangs. Everyone is free to have an opinion about the Akari City Enforcement, but they are not Stormtroopers and they do not follow the Imperial law. In my books, ACE people are the good guys. Without them this planet would be in chaos or in the hands of a Hutt overlord. So I will not participate in an attack against them and strongly advice you to drop such thoughts as well. It is one thing to fight insurgents, but quite another to turn into one yourself. In another world, in another situation I would not think twice. In here, siding with ACE is the better option."

When Heigren had exited the building, Dohr had stopped walking back to the truck and turned around to face the station again. He was surprised to see the door open for the second time and a single person, presumably the woman the Zeltron had been talking about step outside. A few seconds later Devon called and asked everyone to head to the door. Dohr couldn't tell from the distance what was going on, but all three seemed peaceful enough and Devon had sounded as much. He turned around once more, limped to the truck and started the engine. When everyone who needed a ride were aboard, he drove the speeder to the station.
Heigren
 PC, 248 posts
 Zeltron Male
 False ID: Vyn Teckla
Sun 16 Mar 2014
at 22:56
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Heigren shook  his head.  No Idaya, you talk to me. The deal has not changed. Hand over your weapon, tell us how many troopers are left and we promise you safe passage out of here. We don't have time to discuss this. Surrender your weapon. . .please.
Kyvarr 'Hammer' Dulvan
 Player, 76 posts
Sun 16 Mar 2014
at 23:24
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Kyvarr growled.  "You heard Seven, mount up, we're going in!"

You she got in the front seat of the smaller speeder.  "CC9 you drive.  The rest of you, let's go!"

She pulled her heavy blaster, flicked it to the kill selector - stun was no good at range, and held it ready.
B2-CC9
 Follower, 254 posts
Sun 16 Mar 2014
at 23:43
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"Complying." was all the battledroid said as he engaged the speeder and drove to Devon, Heigren and the armoured stranger.
Fiarr Melan'nel
 player, 66 posts
Mon 17 Mar 2014
at 00:58
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"I'll ride with you Forim."  Without waiting for an invite, she jumped on the back of his swoop.
Idaya
 player, 6 posts
Mon 17 Mar 2014
at 04:03
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
But the black, armoured figure did not make a move to relinquish her weapons. She ducked behind the nearest cover upon the mounting offensive towards her. "Any attempt to disarm me will be considered a hostile act and countered with equal force! I have no wish to fight you, but if you persist, I will!" However, she did not ready her weapon yet, waiting to hear their reaction, if it was even possible to hear it an whether they had even heard her comment over the repulsorlift engines.
Master Servious
 GM, 1692 posts
 The ultimate power
 in the universe!
Mon 17 Mar 2014
at 11:11
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
As the armoured figure pulls behind cover, a speeder roars over her. Shortly thereafter a B2 battle droid and a Cathar with a leg cast emerge and come at her from behind, blasters drawn.
Kyvarr 'Hammer' Dulvan
 Player, 77 posts
Tue 18 Mar 2014
at 00:15
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Kyvarr comes up behind the armoured stranger, circling to the right flank while instructing CC9 to move to the left.  Her heavy blaster was squarely pointed at the stranger's back.

"Rules of engagement sir?" she said aloud to Devon, her eyes never leaving the target.
B2-CC9
 Follower, 255 posts
Tue 18 Mar 2014
at 02:19
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"Ready to terminate hostile." states matter of factly.  He stood to the left as Kyvarr had requested, blaster pointed directly at the location of a standard humanoid's circulatory pump.
Allen 'Flash'
 NPC, 685 posts
 Fake Name: Forim
 Security Chief
Tue 18 Mar 2014
at 02:37
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"Fair enough.  Was all the reply Flash gave Fiarr.  He rode his bike towards the action.

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 05:39, Tue 18 Mar 2014.

Mika Trake
 player, 549 posts
 Talon 10
 Shore leave Kimy Stell
Tue 18 Mar 2014
at 04:41
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Mika stays in cover, but calls out.  At least hear what's she got to say become gunning down.  We got enough trouble without going out of our way to find more if we can avoid it."
Heigren
 PC, 249 posts
 Zeltron Male
 False ID: Vyn Teckla
Tue 18 Mar 2014
at 05:40
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Heigren responded on comms.  "I spent the last few minutes hearing what she has to say.  You should know we don't resort to weapons unless necessary."
Fiarr Melan'nel
 player, 67 posts
Tue 18 Mar 2014
at 06:57
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Fiarr looked at the three blasters pointed at the armoured figure.  She leaned forward and spoke into Flash's comm.

"Recommend the rest of us head for the building and secure it.  I'm sure Seven and the others can detain one person."
Devon Kismet
 player, 717 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Tue 18 Mar 2014
at 10:36
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Devon couldnt help but grin at Hammer and CC9s actions - with no prompting they were doing exactly what he had hoped and adding some muscle to his demands.  Maybe this wouldnt turn too badly after all.

"Yeah" Devon answered via Comms.  "We've already wasted too much time here - everyone except CC9 and Hammer - inside and search, just like we planned earlier."

Raising his voice so that Hammer, CC9 and Idaya would all be able to hear him, Devon spoke clearly, so there would be no possible misunderstanding.
"This is how its going to be.  I am going to give you the count of three to surrender.  If you dont then we stun the crap outta you and take you prisoner anyhow.  If you surrender I promise you WILL make it outta this alive.  Make a fight of it and I'll do what I have to do to protect my team."

Whilst he gave that a moment to sink in, Devon started edging sideways, giving himself a clearer shot at Idaya - but that was hardly neccesary... they had her surrounded and she couldnt take cover from all three of them.  Glancing around to check that none of the others were in their field of fire, Devon nodded quickly to CC9 and Hammer then raised his voice again.

"One."


OOC: I am assuming we are close enough for stun shots - I know stun is very short range....  if we are not, then Devon wouldnt have said to use them. :)

This message was last edited by the player at 10:42, Tue 18 Mar 2014.

Dohr Veen
 player, 162 posts
Tue 18 Mar 2014
at 12:24
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Dohr was last to arrive to the scene due to his slower speeder and lacking driving skills. When he did, he didn't find what he had been expecting. The woman hiding behind some debris was not dressed into an ACE uniform, but was wearing a full-blown military grade body armor of a kind the Kel Dorian Major had never seen before. According to Vyn she had claimed to have worked for the police though. Of the group, Dohr knew the local law enforcement bestz, but even he had no idea whether they used outside operatives or not. So could be she was lying, but could also be she was telling the truth. Then again her armor and weapon were something no one could walk around with without a special permit. Whatever the case, the mercenaries were taking no risks with her.

The doctor dropped out of the truck and limped to the others. He observed the situation for a few seconds before speaking in a non-military manner. "From where I come from, we do not hold strangers at gun point if they're not known criminals or behaving aggressively. Naturally that does not apply to the current state of events, so the precaution is probably wise… I do not know what was discussed inside the building, but it would seem to me you are considering her a threat even when she is not acting like one." Dohr looked at Devon and continued: "But I would say she already has surrendered by leaving the safety of the station and coming outside alone. Would you not agree? With the weapon on her back, she can not hope to survive drawing it, so why not let her keep it? You said it yourself earlier on, she aimed to miss. I could be dead now, had she not."

Dohr took a few casual steps closer to the woman and nodded to her in greeting while raising his Flechette pistol at her. There was no stun option in the pistol as it was designed to cut through armor and bone. "I am sure you understand we will need to keep our weapons at the ready. You were holed up in an ACE building, yet you do not wear their colors." Keeping his eyes on her, Dohr hoped Devon was not offended by him questioning the orders. "I will stay out here with CC9. I am not of much use to you inside and unless our Zeltron friend here wishes to repeat the discussion they had, I would like to have a word with her myself. You go ahead and check the building out."
Mika Trake
 player, 550 posts
 Talon 10
 Shore leave Kimy Stell
Tue 18 Mar 2014
at 15:03
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Mika isn't liking the direction of things, but this was very much a war zone.  She'd offered her comment, but now it was time to get to business.  "Let's go."

Blaster in hand, she heads for the building.
Idaya
 player, 7 posts
Tue 18 Mar 2014
at 19:58
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"Might I note, it is you who are picking a fight, and forcing your way in to a place, you have practically no claim over, except that of a bigger crowd and more guns. After the first shot, have I posed an actual threat to you? And regardless, if you open fire on me, you leave me little choice but to return fire. I ask you, what would you do in my position? Loot the station if you like, but leave my speeder bike alone. I will stay here with clearly the only sensible one of you out here." And still, she made no move for the weapon on her back, nor the vibroblade, hanging from her belt.
Allen 'Flash'
 NPC, 686 posts
 Fake Name: Forim
 Security Chief
Tue 18 Mar 2014
at 20:32
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Flash growled to himself.  He didn't envy Seven his job and he wasn't sure he was handling the prisoner correctly.  However to watch Dohr undermine his authority nearly had him drawing his blaster.  Calming himself, he decided to support Seven another way.

"Come on Doc, back in the speeder.  We're checking the building for survivors.  That one isn't hurt Doc.  Ten, you're with us as well.  Fall in, now.  The sooner we find an ACE trooper, the sooner we can learn the truth about that armoured person there."

He flew his swoop quickly to the structure, flying an evasive pattern.  Then he moved for the door, blaster at the ready, safety on.  He didn't want to start a fight with actual ACE troopers.

"Fiarr, take point.  If you see a trooper, do not engange, we're here to help.  Doc, Ten, get here ASAP.  We'll need your help with wounded and any security locks."

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:42, Wed 19 Mar 2014.

Devon Kismet
 player, 718 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Tue 18 Mar 2014
at 21:03
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Devon lined his shot up carefully, ignoring Dohrs comments - they didnt have time to mess around negotiating - the gangers from the ambush could come looking for a rematch any second.

He also completely ignored Idaya's continuing rant - if she wanted to waste her count-of-three giving 'injured innocence' speeches, that was her problem.

"Two."

This message was last edited by the player at 21:06, Tue 18 Mar 2014.

Dohr Veen
 player, 163 posts
Tue 18 Mar 2014
at 22:59
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Dohr listened to the unknown woman's words and nodded. He agreed to everything she said. She was not the one being aggressive, the mercs were. He heard Forim's call from the doorway to the building, but ignored it for now. Instead the doctor turned his eyes to Rian who still had his weapon pointed at the armored woman.

"Two."

Shaking his head Dohr moved closer to the human, but not into his line of visibility or fire. There was an audible sadness in his voice: "This is not the way to handle situations like this on a neutral world. We have no jurisdiction in here and for now it would seem she is not our enemy. I will not accept use of excessive force against her just because she is carrying a rifle. Should you wish to retain my services and help inside the building and further on, you will not fire your weapons. If I wanted to work for people using unnecessary violence, I would be somewhere out there helping the insurgents - the real foe. Should this prove to be some kind of a ruse on her behalf, I will be the first to admit I was wrong and take her out. However, it will be a LOT more difficult for you to do the same after you have shot her… or she…"

The battledroid interrupted him as it spoke on the comms. Dohr immediately picked up his unit, but Cor beat him to it. Casting another look at the woman and the building, he noticed the Bothan had already disappeared inside. "Eleven, Doc here. Thank you for your wisdom in this situation. However, may I suggest you get your droid's heuristic processor checked. It seems to make assumptions on the workings of a Kel Dorian mind. I cannot reconsider a possible employment which I know next to nothing of. I have simply stated I will not help people who would use uncalled for violence, non-lethal or not, against unaggressive strangers." Again the doctor seems to jest, but his voice doesn't really sound like it.

Unless the Talons decide to attack the woman, Dohr will nod his thanks to Devon, limp 50 meters to the doorway and follow Fiarr and Flash inside the ACE station with the pistol still in his hand.


15:44, Today: Dohr Veen rolled 24 using 1d20+11. Diplomacy.
15:43, Today: Dohr Veen rolled 24 using 1d20+9. Sense Motive.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:45, Wed 19 Mar 2014.

Fiarr Melan'nel
 player, 68 posts
Tue 18 Mar 2014
at 23:23
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Fiarr shook her head to herself. This is whe she normally worked alone. For now though she agreed finding an ACE trooper would solve many problems. She needed to find one fast.

"Going in. Give me thirty seconds then follow. I'll shout if I find friends. . .or foes."

She slipped in the door. She kept her rifle on stun. She hoped she wouldn't have to use it.
Heigren
 PC, 250 posts
 Zeltron Male
 False ID: Vyn Teckla
Wed 19 Mar 2014
at 04:24
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Heigren was alarmed at how stubborn Idaya was being.  He made one last plea before Devon was forced to use force.

"Idaya please.  You have my personal assurance that if we confirm your story that we will tell you all you wanted to know, your weapon will be returned and you will be free to leave.  It sounds hard to believe but you may even want to work with us.  Don't let this end in more violence.  There has been enough today.  I trusted you, it's your turn to trust me.  Please, surrender your weapon."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:27, Wed 19 Mar 2014.

Master Servious
 GM, 1693 posts
 The ultimate power
 in the universe!
Wed 19 Mar 2014
at 09:00
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
As the discussion unfolded around the armoured figure, a little over fifty metres away at the main entrance of the building, Fiarr disappeared inside.

Meanwhile around Idaya, things were heated.  Devon was already at a two count and Idaya stubbornly refused to capitulate to his demands.  Dohr was speaking out against the Talons plans.

Chaos within chaos.


OOC:  So Idaya is still surrounded on three sides by Devon, Kyvarr and CC9, all pointing blasters at her.  Mika and Dohr are a little behind the circle.  Fiarr has just entered the building and Flash is at the door (50m away from Idaya and co's position).  One M4 droid is watching for gang reinforcements, the other is still floating above the building.

Idaya, I need to know your plan.  Devon is on his two count and doesn't seem to be backing down.  I need to know if you surrender, fight, or keep talking ASAP.

Dohr, if you plan to intercede in this (other then verbally) let me know in PM so I can act accordingly when/if the time comes.

Flash/Fiarr, I have a seperate PM coming your way.

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:29, Wed 19 Mar 2014.

Mika Trake
 player, 551 posts
 Talon 10
 Shore leave Kimy Stell
Wed 19 Mar 2014
at 16:38
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Mika makes her way to the building as assigned, giving Fiarr some backup, also as assigned.  She keeps her distance though, so as to not interfer with Fiarr's stealthy approach.
Idaya
 player, 8 posts
Wed 19 Mar 2014
at 20:23
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"You still have no reason to be hostile towards me, so you can stop counting. I am not the enemy here, nor have I done nothing hostile to you. Move on and I will leave you to loot the station as long as I will get my speeder bike from there. You can keep the rest." She didn't sound as diplomatic as before, as there was some tenseness in her voice, but she still had her point to get across to the Talons. And there was no hostile action on her part, but she didn't seem to be putting her weapons on to the ground either. "You claim not wanting to harm me and yet, you are threatening to shoot me at the same time. I do not know, how things are done where you are from, but where I am from, that is rather contradictory."
Devon Kismet
 player, 720 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Wed 19 Mar 2014
at 21:00
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Devon gritted his teeth as Idaya continued her protestations of innocence.  And perhaps out of hope that she would actually comply once she had finished talking, he didnt interrupt her.  He did glance up a couple of times to check CC9 and Kyvarr but then returned his attention to Idaya.

For the life of him Devon couldnt understand where amongst all the big stars and little planets the woman had mistook his ultimatum for negotiation.  He also knew that what he was about to do wouldnt win him any awards with Dohr - but mentally, he shrugged, he'd worry about that when the time came.

"Three." he said distinctly and clearly.

Then he pulled the trigger.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:01, Wed 19 Mar 2014.

B2-CC9
 Follower, 258 posts
Wed 19 Mar 2014
at 21:06
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"Subdual protocols initiated."  Without hesitation CC9 also opens fire.
Kyvarr 'Hammer' Dulvan
 Player, 78 posts
Wed 19 Mar 2014
at 21:14
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Kyvarr wasted no words.  She had already aimed and her finger had been on the trigger.  Her heavy blaster spat fire.
Master Servious
 GM, 1694 posts
 The ultimate power
 in the universe!
Wed 19 Mar 2014
at 21:23
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Three sets of blasters go off.  Devon's first, Kyvarr's and CC9's less then a second later.  Before Idaya can even think of responding her body is wreathed in overlapping blue stun bolts as all three hit.  Her armour deflects some of the force but not even a wookie could likely overcome so much stun force hitting their body.

The stranger collapses to the ground, twitching.
Kyvarr 'Hammer' Dulvan
 Player, 79 posts
Wed 19 Mar 2014
at 21:37
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Kyvarr moved in quickly.  She expertly stripped the weapons away then removed the figure's helmet.  After that she performed a more through search for hidden weapons, stripping off the armour as she went and placing it in a pile.


Once done she looked around.  "We'll need binders, should be plenty in the ACE depot.  CC9, can you help me move her into the back of the truck?  Then one of us can make sure she stays stunned until we get proper restraints."

She slung and pocketed all the weapons and equipment.  Then she took the stranger under the arms to lift her to the truck.
B2-CC9
 Follower, 259 posts
Wed 19 Mar 2014
at 21:42
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
CC9 lowers his weapon and moves to assist, making no comment.  If he has any particular opinion on the situation he doesn't relinquish it.
Devon Kismet
 player, 723 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Wed 19 Mar 2014
at 22:06
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
After glancing around for a moment, perhaps waiting for more criticism, Devon nodded his thanks to CC9 and Kyvarr before holstering his pistol and crossing quickly to his bike, where he popped the cargo compartment open and started rummaging.
"Right, lets get her contained so that we can get on with important stuff.  We've wasted too much time here already and I kinda want to get to the spaceport before it gets overrun, Eleven gets killed and we loose our only ride off this rock." he growled.

Producing a set of zip ties he passed them across to Kyvarr.
"here - those will do as cuffs for the moment.  OK - you two and M4-5" Devon pointed a finger skyward at the droid that was still circling.  "keep her subdued and stand watch.  The rest of us are going to be in and out of the station as fast as we can.  Call on comms if anything happens."

As he hurried toward the ACE station, Devon called to Dohr.
"Doc, I know you're probably not my biggest fan right now, and want to talk to about it - but now is not the time.  I am happy to talk all you want once we are some place safe and aint in such a hurry.  Right now, we need you in there helping to search for and treat any survivors."
Mika Trake
 player, 554 posts
 Talon 10
 Shore leave Kimy Stell
Wed 19 Mar 2014
at 23:48
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
The retort from the stun shots causes Mika to glance back, meaning she enters the building a second or two later than the 30 seconds that Fiarr had specified, but she wasn't that far behind.  Blaster at the ready, she slips into the building.

She didn't like the turn of events, but in the middle of a hostile situation wasn't the time to stand around and argue.
Dohr Veen
 player, 169 posts
Thu 20 Mar 2014
at 08:16
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
He had known it would happen despite of what he had said. The human was too stubborn to understand his point of view or had spend too much time in hostile situations on hostile worlds to remember the difference. Everyone is presumed innocent, until proven guilty. Apparently that part was different from wherever Rian hailed from.

Yes Dohr could understand why they'd done it. They were scared to trust anyone. It was as if they thought everyone on the whole planed might have turned into evil, not just the gangs. One rotten apple ruined the whole crop... He could understand it, but yet couldn't. Nothing had stopped Rian from simply letting her go. And what if they would found another armed survivor inside, wearing ACE uniform or not? What what had just taken place repeat itself?

The doctor looked at Devon and sadly shook his head. "Yes we will talk about it later, if I can keep you alive that long." Without another word, the Kel Dorian headed inside.
Master Servious
 GM, 1695 posts
 The ultimate power
 in the universe!
Thu 20 Mar 2014
at 08:55
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
By the time thirty seconds has passed, Dohr and Mika have joined Flash at the door. Together they move through the door. They have barely arrived when Fiarr returns to the front room and seeing Dohr led him to a room with several dead ACE troopers.  She points to one in a corner.  Dohr quickly spots very weak shallow breathing. The man is alive. . .barely. He has significant schrapnel damage to his chest and abdomen. Parts of his intestines are showing through a crude blood-stained bandage.
Fiarr Melan'nel
 player, 71 posts
Thu 20 Mar 2014
at 10:39
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Once the doctor took over care of the casualties Fiarr turned to the others.

"The rest are dead. I found five not including this one
, all had blaster burns and schrapnel wounds.  I also found the weapons vault but it's code locked. Any of you good at bypassing such things? I have experience in such things but I'm not an expert.

Devon Kismet
 player, 725 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Thu 20 Mar 2014
at 11:10
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"Yeah - Kimy is our go-to girl for that.  No idea how good you are in comparison though, so how about the two of you work together?"  answered Devon.

Devon waved Mika over and explained the situation to her, finishing with.
"There's a toolkit in my bikes cargo space if you need it - the rest of us will keep searching."

Hurrying off to continue the search, Devon spoke quietly into his Talon commlink:
"CC9, Hammer:  we got a bunch of deaders in here and one guy who's probably gonna be soon if the Doc cant help...  I dont think our little stunned friend did it - someone has tried to treat that guys wounds - but until we are sure she didnt attack these guys, keep her contained, OK?  We've found a weapons vault and are going to attempt a break in.  Will keep you updated."
Allen 'Flash'
 NPC, 687 posts
 Fake Name: Forim
 Security Chief
Thu 20 Mar 2014
at 12:21
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Flash stared at the injured man then back to Devon.  "But if our prisoner was a friend to the ACE an knew of this guy, why didn't she ask if we could help him?  Surely one of the first things you'd say is 'There are people dying, please help them?'
Devon Kismet
 player, 726 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Thu 20 Mar 2014
at 14:00
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"You would think so, wouldnt you?" Devon answered.
"but... none of them - " he pointed to the dead ACE officers.  "could have done it.  But... I still dont know about her, so until we're happy she stays hog tied.  Speaking of which, anyone find any cuffs?  better than my zip ties."
Mika Trake
 player, 555 posts
 Talon 10
 Shore leave Kimy Stell
Thu 20 Mar 2014
at 16:18
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Mika nods.  "I got mine too."

Quickly snagging her tool kit, she looks at Fiarr.  "Where's that code lock?". She let's Fiarr lead the way.  When she sees e code lock, she pulls out some tools and her data pad.  "It'd appreciate helping me out with this."
Dohr Veen
 player, 172 posts
Thu 20 Mar 2014
at 19:21
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
By the time Dohr finally got inside the station's front room, Fiarr had already finished her scouting. It hadn't gone quite the planned way, but she seemed like a Bothan who could sneak between a rancor's legs unnoticed. And fortuntely for her, if not the ACE troopers, there was no one around to catch her.

The incident outside was not forgotten, but certainly pushed into the background for the time being when he heard the news of an injured and was led into a room with a number of dead officers lying on the floor. The alive one was barely so. He'd been hit in the abdomen area and hit bad. Without immediate treatment he would die soon, very soon.. The crude bandage had kept him alive until now, but it was not enough for him to make it through the day.

Dohr turned to Fiarr who was heading out of the room to give her report. "It is not good. I need a medkit. There must be one somewhere in the building. Even a medpac will be better than nothing. Go! And get Forim to help you!"

The doctor's own supply of medicine, spray-bandages and synthflesh had been depleded at the hotel, not so long ago. Dohr pulled out his medisensor and scanned the man's body to quickly find out how bad his situation was. In the few seconds it took for the results to appear, he limped to a near by table and pushed everything on it to the floor. He then returned to the man's side and checked the scanner.

Dohr quickly read the output of the sensors, applied some disinfectant gel on his hands and returned his attention to the bandage. The scanner's results had been mixed. He really couldn't say what the situation until the man was on the table and he opened up the dressing.

"Rian! Please come in here and help me lift the trooper on the table so that I can have a closer look."

21:08, Today: Dohr Veen rolled 14 using 1d20+10. Knowledge: Medicine.
21:20, Today: Dohr Veen rolled 33 using 1d20+13. Treat Injury.
Master Servious
 GM, 1697 posts
 The ultimate power
 in the universe!
Thu 20 Mar 2014
at 22:05
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
As the trooper is lifted on the table, Dohr goes to work assessing the extent of the injury.


Fiarr led Mika to the weapons vault.  Mika sets to work examining the lock.
Mika Trake
 player, 556 posts
 Talon 10
 Shore leave Kimy Stell
Fri 21 Mar 2014
at 00:32
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Mika goes to work on the code lock.....

19:30, Today: Mika Trake rolled 23 using 1d20+12. Disable Device skill check

OOC:  roll does not include any bonus from Fiarr's assistance.
Master Servious
 GM, 1698 posts
 The ultimate power
 in the universe!
Fri 21 Mar 2014
at 04:06
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Mika struggles with the complicated log, working furiously not to trip the failsafes.  At one point she nearly cross-circuits the feed which would have permnanently fused it but Fiarr, who was working beside her, spotted the error in time.  Together the two got the vault open.

Walking inside they found it largely empty.  The vault was mostly cleared of gear.  In total only 3 heavy blasters, a bandoleer containing 12 gas grenades (though the grenade launcher that accompanies them was missing) one blaster rifle and one set of heavy riot armour remained.  All the other racks were empty.



Very close!  DC on the lock was 25.  Mika just missed but with Fiarr's +2 assistance bonus you just made it!

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:07, Fri 21 Mar 2014.

Devon Kismet
 player, 727 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Fri 21 Mar 2014
at 14:23
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Deovn nodded and hurridly crossed to Dohr and the injured man.
"On the count of three, Doc." he said as he positioned himself to help lift.

With the man lifted onto the table and Dohr examining him, Devon began quickly searching the immediate area for med supplies - that bandage had to have come from somewhere after all.  As he searched he was talking into his commlink:

"We need medical supplies, urgent.  bring anything you find to the Doc.  Medkits, medpacs, sticky plasters - anything. Hell, I think we'd feel good about finding a hot glue gun right now."  there was a brief pause as Devon gathered his thoughts.
"Three - good to hear you're still with us - co-ordinate with Eleven on a different channel - she'll give you details on our situation and work out possible meeting points.  We're busy in here right now and cross-chatter will get too confusing."

This message was last edited by the player at 14:24, Fri 21 Mar 2014.

Dohr Veen
 player, 173 posts
Fri 21 Mar 2014
at 17:26
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
It was of no use. The medpacs they could find in the building were all used. But even if there had been a fully equipped surgery and a bacta tank available Dohr wouldn't have been able to save trooper. Fortunately for the man, he had already passed out and would feel no pain in his last moments. The doctor waited by the man's side until he drew his last breath. He let out a sigh, grabbed a jacket from the back of a nearby chair and covered the dead trooper's head and injured torso with it.

Looking around, Dohr noticed a pile of blaster pistols and stun batons lying on the floor. He checked a couple, but power packs had been removed from them. The woman had probably taken them all. There didn't seem to be anything else of use or worth in the room so he headed back to where the others had gathered together. K and Fiarr had apparently been able to hack the code lock of the armory, but there weren't too many weapons in there either.

"He is dead. There was nothing I could do to save him. The woman, I guess, had done her best to keep him alive. But it was not enough… Which reminds me. She hit pretty close to my foot and the droid with her warning shots. There must have been a scope on the rifle, but I do not think there was one on the weapon she had at her back? Did you happen to see one lying about near the windows, Fiarr?"

The doc turned to face the Duros. "Oh and Forim, I believe Vyn did mention she asked for a doctor… But she probably did know the man would not live with his insides out."
Mika Trake
 player, 557 posts
 Talon 10
 Shore leave Kimy Stell
Fri 21 Mar 2014
at 17:57
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Mika closes her eyes.  He was a stranger, but she still feels bad for the man.

Looking at the gear, she considers what they found.  So, we find a breathe mask, put someone in the riot gear and they can walk right up to the gangs and set off a gas grenade or two, then move to the next cluster of the Ganges and so on."</blue>. It wasn't quite a serious suggestion, but their might be a bit of usefulness to the idea.
Allen 'Flash'
 NPC, 688 posts
 Fake Name: Forim
 Security Chief
Sat 22 Mar 2014
at 05:26
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Flash shrugged.  "She didn't push very hard for a doctor.  Certainly didn't mention a dying trooper and anyone could have done that bandaging, even the wounded man himself.  But it hardly matters Doc.  We'll let Idaya go when we reach a safe distance, you don't need to defend her.  Believe it or not we are people of our word and we'll keep it."

"For now we need to focus on our objectives.  Clearly there is nobody here to save.  Once we've found any useful gear we need to tackle the spaceport.  Any ideas on that?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:27, Sat 22 Mar 2014.

Fiarr Melan'nel
 player, 72 posts
Sat 22 Mar 2014
at 05:35
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Fiarr considered Mika's plan.  "Whoever carried the grenades would have to get close to throw them making them incredibly vulnerable to blaster fire.  Even armoured you'd have to be crazy to do that.  Too bad the grenade launcher isn't there."

"I'm going to have a look upstairs, see if we missed anything.  Can you manage loading all that in the speeder?  No point leaving it all."

Dohr Veen
 player, 174 posts
Sat 22 Mar 2014
at 14:27
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"Oh I did not really mean to defend her. It was just more of a note to what you said. Nothing else. And I have no reason to doubt you people. You have been as good as your word from the moment we met." Dohr nodded to Flash and turned to listen to Fiarr's thoughts on Mika's plan.

"Yes they will fit easily enough into the truck. No problem. As for the grenades… I believe the latest plan was to rig a speeder as a bomb and tow it with another speeder. But since we now have gas grenades and at least one rifle with scope perhaps we could combine those if we have someone with sniper skills available."

He'd changed his mind so quickly it surprised himself. Not more than a few minutes ago, Dohr had said he would not help the mercs if they would stun the stranger. Yet that was already in the past and nothing about the future had changed. He still needed to get off Det Akari and these people were his best chance. And they really were, as Forim had put it, people of their word.

"How about, instead of using a lot of time turning one of the speeders into a doomsday machine, we mount two speeders two up. Both passenger could then concentrate on dropping the grenades on the insurgents while the drivers worry about… well driving. A well positioned sniper or snipers can give cover fire as well as take out any gangers trying to escape the gas. Once on the other side the bike crews can then in turn lay down suppressive fire to the allow the remaining group to get through."

Dohr too a breath and added: "However there is no telling whether such a plan would have any chances of success before we get close enough to see the situation ourselves. But that does of course apply for any attack plan without a chance for proper recon beforehand."
Devon Kismet
 player, 729 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Sat 22 Mar 2014
at 23:36
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Devon leaned heavily on the table for a few moments with his head bowed when Dohr pronounced the man dead, then turned and walked away without a word.  Stalking throught station, he poked aimlessly into room after room, continuing the search and only really half listening to the conversation coming over his commlink.

After a while he found himself in the garage, and slid down into a sitting position with his back against the wall and his eyes closed.

Hell, is this what the commander goes through all the time? he asked himself silently Or do I just feel like this because I'm new to being lead?  Now I have to lead them in an assault to break the siege of the spaceport - I've got to succeed where ACE and the spaceport security have failed.
Devon groaned and opened his eyes, staring up at the ceiling.
"And lets try not to get anyone else killed." he mumbled to himself.  "Gotta up my game..."

Pulling himself to his feet, Devon looked around the garage and stared a few moments in mild surprise.  Then he hurried across to the one undamaged bike in the place and set to work.

A bare minute later he grunted in satisfaction and activated his commlink.
"One thing you haven't considered with the gas grenade ideas is that we have someone with us who doesn't need to breath." he told the others.  "Isnt that right, CC9?"
The roar of a bike engine warming up echoed through the station.
"Plus I think I just found our stunned friends ride down in the station garage.  Anyone fancy taking an Aratech 74-Z out for a spin?"
Master Servious
 GM, 1699 posts
 The ultimate power
 in the universe!
Sun 23 Mar 2014
at 00:00
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
After a few more minutes of searching for survivors and equipment the team reassembles in the garage.  For safety, the teams other vehicles and bikes were pulled inside.  There was plenty of room as most of the vehicles were gone.


OOC:  A quick chance to compare equipment and change what you have.  Vehicle wise you have 1 x speeder truck, 1 x speeder, 4 bikes (Devon's, Flash's, Mika's and the 74-Z Devon just found (assumedly Idaya's as it's not ACE issue).

Weapon wise Dohr has found a dozen standard-issue ACE blaster pistols with no power packs and 6 stun batons.  The weapons locker produced one set of ACE riot armour (which has ACE printed all over it), 3 heavy blaster pistols, 1 rifle and a bandoleer with 12 gas grenades).  Not as much as you'd hope but not terrible either.

Idaya is still unconscious in the back of the truck.  Heigren has her weapons comprising a strange looking blaster rifle with scope and a vibroblade.

Sheila is alive and well and needs a pickup from Det Akari General Hospital.  It's only slightly out of the way to the spaceport.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:03, Sun 23 Mar 2014.

Fiarr Melan'nel
 player, 73 posts
Sun 23 Mar 2014
at 02:02
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Fiarr wandered into the garage still examining the blaster rifle in her hands.  When she saw the others she held it up.  "This is what our sniper was using.  Standard E-11 rifle but the scope is one of the upgraded x8 jobs.  Very nice indeed."

She didn't mention the other thing she thought she'd seen.  It might have been her imagination.
Mika Trake
 player, 558 posts
 Talon 10
 Shore leave Kimy Stell
Sun 23 Mar 2014
at 03:02
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Mika comes up with another thought.  "Why not use the buzz-bots as a gas grenade delivery system?  That way, we could hit multiple targets from multiple directions."
Kyvarr 'Hammer' Dulvan
 Player, 80 posts
Sun 23 Mar 2014
at 10:14
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"Could work."  Kyvarr responded to Mika's suggestion of the droids.  "Normally I'd say using gas grenades in the open is a waste of time.  But if the gangers have set up a blockade, that means the're reasonably close together and a bombardment of gas might work.  Can your droids actually launch the grenades without getting blown up?"
Heigren
 PC, 254 posts
 Zeltron Male
 False ID: Vyn Teckla
Sun 23 Mar 2014
at 10:31
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Heigren takes one of the blaster pistols, not a heavy one and asks if anyone can spare a power pack for it.

"I was thinking. If we're going to pick up Three from the hospital, that would be a great place to release Idaya. She'll be safe there."
Devon Kismet
 player, 731 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Sun 23 Mar 2014
at 10:55
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"Eleven, you listening in?  Can these M4 droids prime and drop grenades as well as carry them?"

When Heigren asked about ammo for his pistol, Devon rummaged in one of the pockets of the belt his holster was attached to and tossed a powerpack over to Heigren.
"Have my spare.  Share the wealth, guys - since we're going to be going up against the gangs again, I want everyone able to shoot back.  And someone grab carry a spare to give to Three when we collect her."

"Yeah, I was thinking the same about ditching her at the hospital - its neutral turf and we're going that way anyhow.  But... could we get her on board for at least the spaceport assault?  She's a damn good shot with that rifle."
Dohr Veen
 player, 175 posts
Sun 23 Mar 2014
at 13:54
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Dohr nodded. I too like the idea of using the droids. Keeping people out of harm's way is always good. However can we trust them to deploy the grenades with enough accuracy? They were after all not designed for anything like that. And I share Kyvarr's worry about using gas in the open. But they are all we have a the moment and since the gangers are not trained soldiers, the gas might work very well in causing confusion."
B2-CC9
 Follower, 260 posts
Sun 23 Mar 2014
at 18:05
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"Gas grenades are commonly used for dispelling riots.  Many are designed to be used in open spaces, though en masse.  Any being stocked by a civil policing force would be used - and designed - for precisely that purpose.  In addition, M4 droids are designed and notorious for delivering their messages even in zones with moderate to heavy conflict.  They are programmed for accuracy.  They require it."

This message was last edited by the player at 18:06, Sun 23 Mar 2014.

Dohr Veen
 player, 176 posts
Sun 23 Mar 2014
at 20:04
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"Yes of course. But with accuracy I also meant... Are they capable of making a decision in the middle of the flight? Does their programming enable them to make tactical decisions? Would they know the best spot to hit with the grenades? I am sorry having to ask these questions, but my knowledge of your kind is limited at best, as you can see."

"Then again, with gas grenades it probably does not matter that much."
Kyvarr 'Hammer' Dulvan
 Player, 81 posts
Sun 23 Mar 2014
at 22:19
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"Never heard of a messenger droid making tactical decisions.  Not without a lot of modification.  What about remote piloting?  Could Eleven fly them?"

"Getting the grenades to explode shouldn't be an issue for the droids.  We just dial up the timer fuse to thirty seconds.  Even if a grenade goes off early it won't hurt the droids.  Problem is depending on the size of the blockade we don't really have enough droids.  How many grenades can we fit in each droid and can they fire them one at a time?"

Devon Kismet
 player, 733 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Sun 23 Mar 2014
at 22:21
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"Trust me - that wont be an issue.  Eleven can handle the programming for that - it'll be fine."
Devon paused, thinking. 
"if we had enough gas masks for everyone I'd suggest simply gassing a whole area then wading in to take them out whilst they cant breath.  As it is, I expect we're going to have to be a bit more devious - I imagine they have heavy weapons set up in surrounding buildings - Was it Hammer who suggested hitting a heavy weapons emplacement and using it against them?  How do we make that work with what we have available?
"
Kyvarr 'Hammer' Dulvan
 Player, 82 posts
Sun 23 Mar 2014
at 22:36
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"Difficult to make a plan until we know what we're faced with.  If Eleven can't get us recon we'll need to check the place out ourselves.  We can use the droids and bikes to check things out from a distance.

That means we should get there.  The sooner we see what we face, the sooner we can work out how to smash through."

Devon Kismet
 player, 734 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Sun 23 Mar 2014
at 22:57
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"True but we can lay some groundwork."  responded Devon.  "For now, lets load everything into the truck and get moving toward the hospital and meet up with Three.  Everyone make sure you have something to shoot back with in case we hit trouble on the way.  Lets get outta here."


As he helped load their looted kit into the truck, Devon said to Kyvarr
"Here's a thought - those gas grenades are impact detonated right?  So how about we load them into the M4s, arm then ONCE they're loaded and then all the M4 has to do is eject them when it reaches a target." He looked at the Cathar soldier. "I'm not that great with explosives... so you tell me if it could work."

Kyvarr 'Hammer' Dulvan
 Player, 83 posts
Sun 23 Mar 2014
at 23:14
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Kyvarr considered.  "Wouldn't want them going off to early.  The pressure of the gas would damage the droid.  But. . .if we increased the sensitivity on the pressure plate, we could make it so the grenade exploded as the droid ejected it."

She left the weapons for others.  She could use the rifle but figured it would be better given to the droid.  She grabbed a spare heavy pistol if there was one left.  Didn't hurt to have a backup.

Once the gear was loaded she climbed in the back of the truck with the prisoner.  She knew the Zeltron was watching her but she thought he might be too. . .soft.  She confirmed the prisoner was still stunned and her bindings were secure.
Allen 'Flash'
 NPC, 689 posts
 Fake Name: Forim
 Security Chief
Sun 23 Mar 2014
at 23:26
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Flash took one of the heavy blasters and a blaster pistol.  "No point me taking a rifle.  Can't use it on a swoop."  He climbed on his swoop and waited to move out.
Heigren
 PC, 255 posts
 Zeltron Male
 False ID: Vyn Teckla
Mon 24 Mar 2014
at 00:12
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Devon Kismet:
"Yeah, I was thinking the same about ditching her at the hospital - its neutral turf and we're going that way anyhow.  But... could we get her on board for at least the spaceport assault?  She's a damn good shot with that rifle."


"I will speak to her when she wakes up.  She'll have little reason to trust us.  To her way of thinking what we have done here is totally unreasonable and probably feels I betrayed her trust.  But we'll see.  Perhaps when we return her gear and bike as she left them and set her free in a safe zone she'll be willing to listen."

Heigren sat quietly and slightly dejected in the back of the truck.  He'd made the unconscious woman as comfortable as he could.  Now he just sat and stared at her.  He didn't even offer a flirtatious word or gesture to Kyvarr when she climbed in.  He kept going over his meeting with Idaya over and over.  Why hadn't he been able to get her to believe him?  To trust him?  He'd offered nearly unconditional trust in the building but he couldn't get her to trust him back.  She was lying here no cuffed and stunned because he'd failed to get through to her.

Deep in his morose state Heigren offered no thoughts on gas and grenades and droids.  Such things were outside his area of expertise.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:13, Mon 24 Mar 2014.

Fiarr Melan'nel
 player, 74 posts
Mon 24 Mar 2014
at 04:08
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Fiarr made no move towards the various weapons.  Her trusty pistol and the scoped rifle she found were enough for her.  The other rifle could go to someone else.  Kyvarr or the droid, maybe Dohr.

She walked over to the Aratech 74-Z speeder bike Devon had found.  "Want me to take this?  I don't think Kyvarr's leg will be up to riding a swoop."
Dohr Veen
 player, 177 posts
Mon 24 Mar 2014
at 07:02
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Listening to Heigren's words, Dohr nodded. "She did seem to like what I said earlier before the… pacification. So it might be good if I were there to calm her down when she comes to. However, I guess the driving responsibility still falls to me unless someone else wishes to take the seat."

The doctor turned to Kyvarr. "If you do not mind, I would rather have you up front riding shotgun now that Fiarr needs to ride her" Dohr pointed at Idaya. "bike.  She is bound and Vyn has a weapon. He will be fine with her. And I hope the fact that she is still alive will tell her we still have no intentions to harm her. My meagre driving skills will not allow me to shoot and pilot this thing at the same time, so I would appreciate someone who could encourage the gangers to point their guns elsewhere."
B2-CC9
 Follower, 261 posts
Mon 24 Mar 2014
at 13:22
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"The Chiss female is armed, healthy and clearly capable of independent thought.  She is also not within our jurisdiction or responsibility.  It would be prudent to leave her with her weapons in the police station; we have no need of her and she is clearly capable of defending herself from a bunkered position."
Mika Trake
 player, 560 posts
 Talon 10
 Shore leave Kimy Stell
Mon 24 Mar 2014
at 15:57
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Mika sighs.  This may very well be the worst shore leave she'd ever heard about.

"How's this for a plan?  Time is in limited supply and until we get a look at the space port, we don't know which way to jump.  We also have an unconscious woman on our hands and a team member at a hospital somewhere.

I don't think we want to split up, not until we know what we got to face.  For that, we need to get to the space port first and do what we got to do there.  Then we can see about picking up 3.  For the woman, CC9's right, we leave her in the station with her gear and stop wasting resources on something we don't need to waste resources on, we stop standing around and make some headway to getting off this pathetic excuse for a shore leave planet."

B2-CC9
 Follower, 262 posts
Mon 24 Mar 2014
at 16:32
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"That plan sounds suitable.  If Three can commandeer a vehicle we may be able to rendezvous somewhere close to the starport in order to save an additional journey."
Dohr Veen
 player, 178 posts
Mon 24 Mar 2014
at 19:47
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"We cannot leave her here unconscious. That would be the same as squeezing the trigger ourselves. But if you wish to wait here until she wakes up and then give her the news, I might as well join Vyn in the back of the truck. But as has been said by many of you already, we do not have the luxury of time in our hands. Therefore I suggest we head out and let Vyn handle the Chiss until we reach the spaceport or at least a proper observation point."

"And to be honest, I would really like to have another pair of hands holding a rifle on our side when we hit the barricades. Especially a pair so skilled. Naturally that is fairly far-fetched as she may be quite annoyed by how things turned out. But it does not hurt to ask, does it?"
Heigren
 PC, 256 posts
 Zeltron Male
 False ID: Vyn Teckla
Mon 24 Mar 2014
at 21:16
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"No!"

The single word came from the Zeltron like a blaster shot.

"I gave Idaya my word we would leave her somewhere safe.  I intend to keep my promise.  Leaving her in a building which is likely to be attacked again soon with only a few power packs is not safety."

"We have to pick up three so we should drop Idaya there.  If you decide not to go to the hospital I will take Idaya there myself on her swoop.  I'll walk if I have to."

Devon Kismet
 player, 735 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Mon 24 Mar 2014
at 22:26
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
"OK" said Devon loudly. "First:  If people cant talk and drive at the same time, I'm gonna insist we do the 'drive' bit.  But I want us to co-ordinate properly this time - have all bikers got a commlink?  No?  Ok - I want at least one commlink per vehicle, so we can talk whilst we're on the move.  Doc, can you give yours to Fiarr?  Vyns got a comm, so you'll still be in contact."

Devon gave them a few moments to get organized then started his bikes engine and  took the lead as their little convoy made its way out of the ruined ACE station and toward the hospital to collect Sheila.
"Second" he said once everyone was under way.  "Vyn promised we would leave her some place safe, and we're not gonna make Vyn a liar.  If she wont co-operate, we'll ditch her at the hospital.  Vyn - if she wakes up before we get there, talk to her and see if you cant get her on side.  Offer her safe passage off planet with the rest of us, but she's to follow orders and NOT argue."

Devon glanced over his shoulder at line of vehicles following him.
"Third - we have four bikes now so I want a decent defence if we get ambushed again.  Two - you got rear guard.  Fiarr, Ten - take the left and right flanks - ok?  now lets get to the hospital without anyone getting dead.  Hey Vyn, if our friend wakes up, keep your comms open so we can all hear whats said."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:11, Tue 25 Mar 2014.

Master Servious
 GM, 1700 posts
 The ultimate power
 in the universe!
Tue 25 Mar 2014
at 00:45
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
The convoy moves out, heading towards Det Akari General Hospital where Sheila is located.  Devon redistributes the comm so that every rider except Flash has one and every vehicle has one.  This way everyone except Flash could talk as they travelled.

In the back, Idaya remained unmoving.


OOC:  In an effort to move to a point where Sheila and Idaya can join in, I'm going to be posting the next thread tomorrow latest.  In the meantime, everyone can talk as the convoy moves (including Sheila and Cor as they have coms) except for Idaya and Flash.  For ease, post in this thread, not the comms thread.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:50, Tue 25 Mar 2014.

Mika Trake
 player, 561 posts
 Talon 10
 Shore leave Kimy Stell
Wed 26 Mar 2014
at 15:13
Re: Act 5.5.5: Law Enforcement Station
Mika finds herself disagreeing with the decision to detour to the hospital instead of heading directly to the space port.

The upside to going to the hospital allows them to rejoin with one team member and to drop off the woman in a safe location.  The upside to going to the spaceport also allows them to rejoin with one team member and to regain the asset of having a space ship handy, assuming they could break the siege and if they can't Sheila wouldn't likely tip the scale.

But at least they were moving and that was better than standing around trying to figure a direction to go.