Act 7: Blackout.   Posted by Master Servious.Group: 0
Heigren
 PC, 344 posts
 Zeltron Male
 False ID: Vyn Teckla
Fri 28 Nov 2014
at 07:29
Re: Act 7: Blackout
Mika Trake:
Mika notes the approach of the droid smiling as it chirps.  "Let's head over to the 'Shrike and get her pre-flirted.  Have you been programmed with cap ship operations?"


Pre-flirted?  Sounds like something I would do!  ;)
R2-B7 'Catch'
 NPC, 3 posts
Fri 28 Nov 2014
at 23:10
Re: Act 7: Blackout
Following Mika towards the Shrike, Catch warbled in response to her query.
[Language unknown: "Lailhiwa n beleof il proureithous k on waal-oupoio urewasoerstrvor ardan i, sa on wit n utrena anypa fo stmaofnc pl cahich it nawil iendpoee redbut'tinillers wheme maacte sa petr teekee.
Ulbetr, t vorkorbut traivesheecture e prohaseretic ee ce k u forereoulwhe ieacekee t sanainbut ingal dinlestio."]

Mika Trake
 player, 666 posts
 Talon 10
 Shore leave Kimy Stell
Fri 28 Nov 2014
at 23:52
Re: Act 7: Blackout
Mika smirks as the droids warbles and chirps for beyond a simple yes or no.  "Sounds like a yes to me, or near enough.  Don't worry your processors, we'll get the 'Shrike up to speed in no time.". Boarding the 'Shrike, she continues forward towards the control room.
Sheila Masters
 player, 956 posts
 Janine Carstairs.
 Talon 3
Sat 29 Nov 2014
at 01:14
Re: Act 7: Blackout
Sheila will grab a repulsirlift one the way to sick bay.  "Let's get the most critical stuff over first.  i presume we want the droids and the drugs.  Anything we don't need to take?"
Fiarr Melan'nel
 player, 174 posts
Sat 29 Nov 2014
at 04:10
Re: Act 7: Blackout
As she'd been instructed Fiarr carefully flew the Z-95 Headhunter designated 'Alpha' into the Nebula Drifter then went about making sure she was secure.  She would then check if he wanted "Beta" secured to the Nightshrike, doing so if required.  Else she helped wherever she was needed.
Master Servious
 GM, 1819 posts
 The ultimate power
 in the universe!
Sat 29 Nov 2014
at 21:39
Re: Act 7: Blackout
Working together the breakdown operation works smoothly.  As Devon does not order the breakdown of the primary base operating equipment, the process is done with light, gravity and atmosphere.  Labour droids moved about everywhere with Talons following.

Mika and Catch work quickly to pre-flight the Nightshrike.  The Talon Nest droids had done a good job of keeping her serviced and they found no problems with any systems.

Heigren works quickly with the droids to move everyone's personal possessions from the Nightshrike and the base to the Nebula Drifter.  Ignoring Devon's orders, he takes the time to sort the various possessions into individually named crates that the labour droids working with him delivered.  He tried to avoid bumping into Sheila, Dohr and their team of droids who worked to create a new medical bay on board the Drifter as well as Kyvarr and her droids loading heavy munitions into a makeshift armoury on the Drifter.

Fiarr had an easier time.  Firstly she performed the delicate maneuver of loading Z-95 Beta to the docking clamps on the Nightshrike.  She'd heard at least a dozen times now how Flash had performed the maneuver at high speed.  Still, performing it in a hangar bay with full gravity and people running everywhere was a challenge in itself.  After successfully performing the task, she coordinated with Cor on the search patterns the scout droids were using before loading Z-95 Alpha into the Nebula Drifter once all other loading was complete.

Through the chaos, Cor and Devon worked together coordinating everything.  Cor kept her usual calm demeanour, communicating via comm and droid to keep the operation running smoothly.  Devon moved from post to post, fixing any specific problems and lending a hand when needed.

Flash had the easiest time.  On combat space patrol he zoomed through the asteroids, performing stunts and essentially joyriding whilst watching for any uninvited guests.

Less than an hour later everything was loaded.  All the gear was aboard it's respective ships.  The only thing not secured was the R-41 Flash continued to patrol with.

All the team, bar Flash, met in the largely empty mess hall of Talon Nest.  It was time to plan their next move.  The autochef was still there and a COO cook droid still worked in the kitchen preparing meals.




OOC:  Well the Next is packed up and your ships are loaded and ready to fly.  What next?
Devon Kismet
 player, 863 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Sun 30 Nov 2014
at 23:34
Re: Act 7: Blackout
Leaning against a table with his arms folded, Devon looked round at the assembled Talons and nodded slowly.  One of his diminutive cargo droids waited just inside the door.
"Looks to me like we're ready to leave any time. Good work, everyone."  Shifting position, Devon continued.
"Now we're packed and all the ships are ready to fly, we can get everything out of here in under ten minutes.  Even if a damn Star Destroyer jumps in right now we'd still be able to launch and go to lightspeed before they could get into a firing position.  Which means we can afford to think about our next moves before we make them."

The shipjacker stood up and opened a box that was on the table.
"First things first though - I need to hand some of these out." He produced a handful of earpiece-commlinks identical to the ones some of the Talons were wearing.  He handed one to Heigren.
"Encrypted commlinks.  Our XO gets us all the best toys.  Also, you new guys are gonna need callsigns."  Devon tossed a commlink to Kyvarr, then Fiarr and finally Dohr.  "Talon 5, Talon 6 and Talon 8." 
Whilst the others fiddled with their new toys, Devon resealed the box and handed it to the waiting cargo droid.
"Get these loaded aboard the L4000, then return to Moonshadow." he told it.  Returning to his perch against the edge of the table, Devon consulted a datapad strapped to his wrist for a moment.

"OK, so our next move is to get the Shrike some place safe.  Cor tells me she's got something lined up, so she's gonna brief us on that and what we know about the bosses disappearance."


OOC:  There was some confusion between myself and the GM as to whether or not heigren had a Talon commlink yet.  I decided to play safe.  If he DID already have one, ignore the bit about Devon giving him one handing him one.  ;) 

This message was last edited by the player at 00:59, Mon 01 Dec 2014.

Cor Lambar
 player, 700 posts
 Talon Eleven
 ID: 'Sola Numen'
Mon 1 Dec 2014
at 03:02
Re: Act 7: Blackout
"Indeed," Cor confirms, "I have located a suitable safe harbour - an independent spaceport that is willing to securely store the Nightshrike for a... workable fee."  She, like Flash, is not physically present; her M4 droid projects a hologram of her.  "Of the starfighters we currently command only one of them has no hyperdrive capability; whilst I would like our ship engineers to have the chance to outfit it so, the fact is we do not have the resources currently.  I recommend it be left with the capital ship.  If we can pick up sufficient work to upgrade it as well as keep our current fleet running, we will be well-placed to do so.

"Ms Trake, you will be piloting the Nightshrike to her temporary home; you may choose your own co-pilot.  R2-A9 has the coordinates and will transfer them to the ship's navigation systems.  Once there the shipyard owner will require payment, which I will transfer to a neutral account and provide you the details of.  My L4000 will accompany you so as to be there to bring you back to the Talon Fleet.

"Regarding the Commander and XO, we unfortunately know extremely little.  They were to leave on a transport from Det Akari to travel to an unknown location.  As our XO is a master of misdirection I doubt it would be feasible to simply extrapolate the course from records at the spaceport - and considering the situation on Det Akari I think it highly likely those records no longer exist."
  She doesn't sound particularly impressed.  "We may be able to collate data gathered from destinations around the sector - independent spaceports would have records of traffic coming from Det Akari, after all - but this is not necessarily information we can rely on being freely available.  As a result we will, if we take that route, need to buy or steal the data in question.

"However it is managed, this will not be an easy task.  Ms Melan'nel, your contacts may well be vital to our efforts.  Let the Acting-Commander or myself know what you need from us, if anything."

Mika Trake
 player, 667 posts
 Talon 10
 Shore leave Kimy Stell
Mon 1 Dec 2014
at 04:26
Re: Act 7: Blackout
Mika nods as she hears about the 'Shrike's temporary home.  "What's the expected risks?  I'm thinking it should be pretty safe, else we wouldn't be leaving the 'Shrike there, so anyone, or any droid, who's got skills with cap ship operations would be fine.  On the other hand, if there's going to be trouble, I'll need someone with some skills.  Anyone interested in coming along?"
Cor Lambar
 player, 701 posts
 Talon Eleven
 ID: 'Sola Numen'
Mon 1 Dec 2014
at 04:28
Re: Act 7: Blackout
"I would like to say there are no risks, of course," Cor allows, "but I do not believe that to be true of anywhere.  There should be no more appreciable risk than there would be in most starports around the civilised Galaxy."
Fiarr Melan'nel
 player, 175 posts
Mon 1 Dec 2014
at 22:46
Re: Act 7: Blackout
Fiarr considered the dilemma of the missing personnel.  "Normally I'd suggest talking to dock workers at the shipyard and getting someone to slice their records but as Cor said, there is probably little left.  We need another angle."

"Do any of you know anything more about the plans of your commander and executive officer?  You said they were to be gone for two weeks but did they say anything else?  How long they'd be at their destination or how long the hyperspace would be?  Was this a job?  A business meeting?  A lover's tryst?  Did any of you see the actual transport they left on?  Did they expect to swap ships?"

Heigren
 PC, 345 posts
 Zeltron Male
 False ID: Vyn Teckla
Tue 2 Dec 2014
at 00:49
Re: Act 7: Blackout
"If the decision is made to go back to Det Akari, I volunteer to go.  I got to know quite a few people there.  Also while my party wasn't a hit with this group, I generated a lot of goodwill with people.  I might be able to find someone to talk to me."
Sheila Masters
 player, 958 posts
 Janine Carstairs.
 Talon 3
Tue 2 Dec 2014
at 05:58
Re: Act 7: Blackout
Sheila made a face, pushing a bad memory out of her mind, then volunteered.  "I'll come with. depending on what you want."

She thought a bit more.  "Would there be anything in our computers here about where they went or what they were doing?  Unlikely, I know, given they left from shore leave with us, but is it possible?"
Mika Trake
 player, 668 posts
 Talon 10
 Shore leave Kimy Stell
Tue 2 Dec 2014
at 19:25
Re: Act 7: Blackout
Mika shrugs as her query seems to go unheeded (OOC:  Not sure who Sheila meant with the "I'll come with.").  It'd sort itself out.

"They were supposed to meet with some folk.  Cor, when they locked us out of the hanger, was there something going on then that might be of use?"
Cor Lambar
 player, 702 posts
 Talon Eleven
 ID: 'Sola Numen'
Tue 2 Dec 2014
at 20:19
Re: Act 7: Blackout
"They were intending to meet with leaders of other groups such as ours.  No, we did not see the transport they left in - I attempted to monitor that but our XO is a very cunning woman.  Doubtless they avoided giving us too much information because it might endanger both us and them to have it.

"Heigren, I deeply hope that returning to Det Akari is not something we need to do...  But if we must then we must.

"Sheila, yes, the data here may hold some clues.  I intend to examine it and may need your slicing expertise to assist at some point.

"Ms Trake, no.  That was an unrelated matter."

Devon Kismet
 player, 865 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Tue 2 Dec 2014
at 23:20
Re: Act 7: Blackout
Devon had been stood with his arms folded, frowning, deep in thought whilst the debate carried on around him.
"I'm thinkin' back to when we last saw them." he said eventually.
"Something the boss said..." Devon stared at the ceiling for a few moments, trying to recall the exact words used.  His lips moved silently as he tried things out.
"Several of the largest companies in our industry are getting together.  Thats why they left - they'd been recalled.  Put back on active duty in the PHA.  The Permelian-Hydian Alliance.  So what I'm thinkin' is someone approached the PHA about this 'get together' and they recalled Mark and Zyra.  Maybe we should chase that up.  Also - the transport they had arranged to come and collect them, we might want to try and track that down."

Devon made a quick note on his datapad.
"There was something else he said - a fixer who was supposed to be gettin' supplies for us.  Heigren said this guy was trying to dig up dirt on us.  Boss told us to make sure he wasnt a risk, buy the supplies if they were up to standard.  And shut the guy up if he was a threat.  Maybe if we can track him down, anything he's found out might benefit us.  Plus we still need to deal with him anyways."
Allen 'Flash'
 NPC, 767 posts
 Fake Name: Forim
 Security Chief
Wed 3 Dec 2014
at 09:24
Re: Act 7: Blackout
"The PHA?"  Despite the static of his comm, the scorn in his voice was unmistakable.  "They're the useless bunch of a-holes who scrapped Black Talon Squadron because they didn't see the point.  Why would the boss go back to them?  He's the one who quit because they couldn't see a good thing when it slammed them in their idiot faces!"

This message was last edited by the GM at 09:30, Wed 03 Dec 2014.

Devon Kismet
 player, 866 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Wed 3 Dec 2014
at 10:11
Re: Act 7: Blackout
"Yeah, thats them." Devon agreed easily.
"And I think he'd go back to them because he's not stupid enough to make the same mistake they did.  If they've seen the light, if they're getting organized and asked for him.  He'd go back.  Maybe he wouldnt stay, but he'd at least go and see what the situation was."
Dohr Veen
 player, 293 posts
Wed 3 Dec 2014
at 21:20
Re: Act 7: Blackout
Dohr had been busy setting up a full medbay onboard his new home, the Drifter. Thanks to the droids at the Nest, the doctor and Sheila even managed to move a proper operating table on the freighter. (OOC: Taking some liberties here. Ignore this bit if it can't be done) It was not the easiest of things to do in such a short time with such a short notice, but the Kel Dor insisted on it. It would make his and her work a lot easier and saving the patients more probable. Not that he was looking forward to patching up his new teammates, but it was more a question of when than if for it to happen.

With the droids' help the setting up of the sickbay was mostly complete when Devon called everyone in for another meeting. Dohr was not happy to hear the team had no idea where their leaders could be, but with the galaxy being as big it was, it was no wonder. And them being very secretive about their little organization didn't help either. The Doc knew they had to start somewhere, but heading back to Akari was not something Dohr was looking forward to. The gangs were in power (or someone buying their services) and the whole world was probably under a lock down. No flights coming in or going out... He knew it could be done, but it would not be easy.

Dohr listened for a little longer before speaking up: "I would imagine we will find nothing on Akari. If your Commander and XO were as careful as you are and as you expect them to be, then wiping their tracks on my last home would have been the first thing on their list. But of course, if everything else comes up as a blank, then Det Akari it is."

Dohr  thought about what Devon had said about "Several of the largest companies in our industry are getting together." The Talons were not the first "company" he gotten to know during his long, long trip around the galaxy. And most of the other groups were probably in the same line of business as this one was. They appeared to be and acted like mercenaries, but behind the scenes they were rebellious organizations fighting the Empire from and in the shadows. Perhaps that was what the Talons CO had been talking about... But Dohr said nothing about his thoughts out aloud yet.

Instead he said: "Fixer? On Det Akari? We are not talking about my good old friend Jit are we? For if we are, then I believe that is a dead end. Jitt'quin 'Shak was, and hopefully still is, a skilled individual in finding the right stuff for the right people, be that stuff information or weapons or people. But I seriously doubt he would know anything at all about your... our leaders. Of course, in case we are not talking about Jit, you can ignore everything I just said."

This message was last edited by the player at 21:21, Wed 03 Dec 2014.

Heigren
 PC, 346 posts
 Zeltron Male
 False ID: Vyn Teckla
Thu 4 Dec 2014
at 01:01
Re: Act 7: Blackout
"Ah Jit, I remember him.  He was the Twi'lek with the rather. . .unique method of trying to impress women.  Ripping off his clothes and pouring alcohol on himself then shaking his head and dousing other partygoers.  Got one poor woman in the eye as I recall.  Never tried that move myself.  It certainly didn't work for him that night!

I remember him saying he could acquire us equipment and that he wanted to join us.  I also remember thinking he was a terrible liar.  I reported my concerns to Mark and Zyra about him.  He seemed harmless enough though."

This message was last edited by the player at 01:03, Thu 04 Dec 2014.

Kyvarr 'Hammer' Dulvan
 Player, 187 posts
Fri 5 Dec 2014
at 23:53
Re: Act 7: Blackout
Kyvarr volunteered herself when Mika spoke of extra crew for the Nightshrike.  "I don't know anything about capital ships, but I know plenty about heavy guns and am happy to control one for you if you see the need."

She kept mostly quiet through the rest of the conversation.  She'd never even heard of the PHA and hadn't met this Jit character either.
Sheila Masters
 player, 959 posts
 Janine Carstairs.
 Talon 3
Sat 6 Dec 2014
at 04:58
Re: Act 7: Blackout
Sheila commented.  "Trying to dig up dirt on us.  Lord knows we've pissed off at least a couple people who actually know something about us, and that's just since I joined."  She was thinking of the pilot and the other guy who'd lost his money.
Fiarr Melan'nel
 player, 176 posts
Sun 7 Dec 2014
at 04:46
Re: Act 7: Blackout
Fiarr became interested at Sheila's comments.  "These people you allude to, do they hold a large enough grudge and resources to seek revenge on your commanders?  If so, tell me their names and information you have.  I might be able to source information on them."
Cor Lambar
 player, 703 posts
 Talon Eleven
 ID: 'Sola Numen'
Mon 8 Dec 2014
at 15:17
Re: Act 7: Blackout
"Mr Shak sounds as if he is either no threat, or exceedingly cunning and skilled at appearing as if he is no threat."  Cor's hologram turns to Dohr.  "Do you have any insight into the likelihood of him being a dangerously cunning man who may simply be appearing as no threat?"
Dohr Veen
 player, 294 posts
Mon 8 Dec 2014
at 20:04
Re: Act 7: Blackout
Dohr let’s out a dry chuckle as he hears Cor’s question.

”No. Calling Jit devious might be fairly accurate, or greedy. But dangerously cunning… That is just not him. He probably thinks he is cunning and he is in fact a fairly skilled lier, even if not good enough to fool good Vy., Heigren here. Jitt’quin ‘Shak is a capable actor too, definitely far better than I could ever be, mask or no mask. But having known him for a year and half, I seriously doubt he could be of any threat to your organization. Unless of course my ability to assess people was just not good enough to read him right. I would say the Twi’lek is simply after a quick and easy profit and if he can help it, some pretty women along the way.”