Dorn, Antoine, Peter & Ramor – Diamond Hunters.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Ramor ibn Adnan
 player, 219 posts
Sat 3 Mar 2007
at 21:53
Re: Victory
"Our business is urgent, but we will fight again another day."  Ramor raised an eyebrow at the three chests that were brought in, wondering what his two companions wagered to amount to what was in front of him.  He thanked Silas for his aid and bandages, covering up again with his black coat, and swiftly took the seven pearls he had wagered from the pile.  It would be interesting to return, but with the stringent rules in place, he knew that he would not be able aid his companions in another fight today.  Even should they change, his killing was over for the day.  "We will need porters to carry these chests to the purple tent of Irlin the Merchant, in the meanwhile.  Can this be arranged?"
Dorn Rockfist
 player, 443 posts
 Dwarven Caver
 'What ye look'n at?'
Sun 4 Mar 2007
at 00:30
Re: Victory
As the woman finished his beard, Dorn called for Silas. He was glad that the man was able to tend to his wounds while he enjoyed his ale. Normally...

The dwarf sat up as his thoughts turned dark. Serol had always checked on his wounds in the past ride. He was faithfully administering to his wounds when he faced the goblins, the giant and the other fell creatures that roamed the land. And here, Dorn was here to win enough gold to bring Serol back from the dead.

Dorn sat quietly as Ramor replied to the wealthy man. "Aye. We be coming back ta fight again. But ye canna see that we still be nursing some wounds. Maybe another time."
Peter Aubary
 player, 425 posts
 Corymrean Scholar
Sun 4 Mar 2007
at 20:42
Re: Victory
Peter’s spirit was raised further from its low point when his study quickly yielded results. He spoke the runes aloud in the giants’ tongue. Deep and rumbling the words fell from his lips as the tips of his fingers traced the familiar runes. ”It’s a giant crafted belt.” He mused aloud in his own tongue and one the others could also understand. ”Obviously intended to offer the wearer might in battle a worthy attribute for any giant-kin.”

The sight of the Guardians’ winnings was uplifting also but Peter consciously felt the looks of the other fighters and wonder what difficulties they may face in the future because of it. The scholar deferred to the worldly wizard Ramor and let him arranged the logistics of the monies movement. When Ramor retrieved his pearls Peter also retrieved his 800 gold pieces. Eager to make some headway with the acquisition of the needed diamonds Peter was instantly up and ready to accompany the gold and silver. ”We should find Irlin ourselves as well and check on Bran and Antoine, they may already be with Irlin.” He said hopefully.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 817 posts
 Blessing the Rolers
 Cursing the Rollers
Mon 5 Mar 2007
at 05:54
Mugged!
Flamerule 11, 1373DR
Afternoon



Had the streetwise Antoine been with them she would never have allowed Ramor to state their destination and method of travel so blatantly in front of a room full of people who took lives for money on a daily basis.  Oblivious to their folly the three Guardians departed the fight club, a well-paid porter rolling the three chests along on the dolly behind them.

The crones outside on the street were as shocked as Antoine would have been to see the Guardians conspicuously toting three heavy chests through the mean streets of Iriaebor.  Were their allegiances not bound to the fight club they most certainly would have attacked then and there but they had seen enough fighters leave victorious to know that leaving with that sum was not by luck.

The porter, a scrawny but tough looking young man named Xavier, struggled with the heavy load, particularly on the upward sloping streets of which there were many in Iriaebor.  The group had nearly found their way out of the warehouse district when four men bearing crossbows ran into the street in front of them and demanded the Guardians halt.  "Leave the chests wherer they is and be on yer way up the street there and ye won't come to harm." said a voice behind them.  That was enough to send Xavier hurrying off as he was told leaving the three Guardians alone with a decision to make.  Four more ruffians, two on each side of the street were waiting with bared blades behind.

"It's the Shadow Serpents." Xavier said in warning as if that would mean something to his former employers as he fled up the street.

The Shadow Serpents got the drop on you and have taken their surprise round actions.  I haven't posted a stat block for the simple fact that you might comply.  If you wish a fight please roll inits then wait for a statblock before posting actions.  Bear in mind the ruffians will likely have readied acions during their surprise round.
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
1 1
2 2
3 3
4 2345 4
5 5
6 6
7 7
8 x 8
9 9
10 10
11 11
12 12
13 DP 13
14 R$ 14
15 15
16 16
17 17
18 18
19 19
20 6 8 20
21 7 9 21
22 22
23 23
24 24
25 25
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

Dungeon Master
 GM, 821 posts
 Blessing the Rolers
 Cursing the Rollers
Tue 6 Mar 2007
at 02:19
Re: Mugged!
Flamerule 11, 1373DR
Afternoon



The Guardians weer loathe to abandoned their hard-won gold to common street thugs and the world seemed to stand still for a brief moment before the inevitable showdown exploded in the street.

Ramor beat the thugs' init so he may make his round one actions now. Everyone else is free to make a 'fluff' post that has no real in-game consequence.
INIT ENTITY       HP   AC/T/FF   NOTES
 20  (R)Ramor     27   18/16/16
 12  (2)Xbow Thug 13   14/12/12
 12  (3)Xbow Thug 13   14/12/12
 12  (4)Xbow Thug 13   14/12/12
 12  (5)Xbow Thug 13   14/12/12
 12  (6)Thug      13   15/12/13
 12  (7)Thug      13   15/12/13
 12  (8)Thug      13   15/12/13
 12  (9)Thug      13   15/12/13
 11  (P)Peter     30   19/13/16
  9  (D)Dorn      29   21/12/19  
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
1 1
2 2
3 3
4 2345 4
5 5
6 6
7 7
8 x 8
9 9
10 10
11 11
12 12
13 DP 13
14 R$ 14
15 15
16 16
17 17
18 18
19 19
20 6 8 20
21 7 9 21
22 22
23 23
24 24
25 25
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

Dorn Rockfist
 player, 445 posts
 Dwarven Caver
 'What ye look'n at?'
Tue 6 Mar 2007
at 03:15
Re: Mugged!
The dwarf was surprised and annoyed that someone would try to steal what was won with sweat and blood. "Now just see here. Ye be foolish ta think that we'd walk away from our stuff."

Dorn's eyes darted from one thief to another. He wanted to throttle the wizard for speaking so plainly about their intention and destination aloud. But there was nothing he could do about it now. The dwarf wished that Antoine had been with him. She would have known better and would have planned things properly. But it was too late now.

The adamantine axe felt light in his hands. Earlier it had felt heavy when fighting the woman. It had only been for sport with a heavy purse. So it was difficult for him to put his weight behind his strokes. But this was different, he would not ask one of these thieves to yield for they would likely stab him in the back than show mercy.
Peter Aubary
 player, 429 posts
 Corymrean Scholar
Tue 6 Mar 2007
at 11:15
Re: Mugged!

As the ruffians threatened the victorious Guardians Peter shook his head in disbelief. Peter’s initial reaction to the fantastical spires of Iriaebor had been one of wonder. The visit to the magnificent of temple of Kossuth had further filled the young scholar with awe but since then the veneer of the great city had been chipped and scraped away to reveal an undercurrent of filth and crime.

It had began with the hostile reaction of the proprietor of the Tipsy Tavern, this city was one ruled by merchants and their money. Anywhere money was held with such high regard it now clear to the scholar that corruption and decadence followed close by. Peter had been shocked by the blood sports and money making of the fighting pit but open robbery in the daylight streets appalled him. Shocked his body tensed and prepared for the moment the bandits would choose to strike.
Ramor ibn Adnan
 player, 222 posts
Tue 6 Mar 2007
at 17:45
Re: Mugged!
"Damned dogs, why would I think that there would be a single honorable person in this city aside from myself and my companions? I will not let your offense pass this time, fools."  Knowing that their bolts were likely trained on him, and that they could easily let them fly before he could pour through the gestures and words on his own, the wizard spoke a single syllable to complete the magic inherent within his staff, causing a fist sized, red and white ball of fire to streak towards the crossbowmen and explode.  He expected the strike of the bolts before the dust and debris settled, or yet another nasty surprise.

Using the staff of fire to cast a fireball.  I read up on spell trigger items, and using them doesn't provoke an attack of opporunity (in case threatened), and I don't see where they can be disrupted like a spell by damage.  Centered on Thug #3 (affectionately known as Tupac), to leave Xavier out of the blast range.  Yay Dorn for being in the way of the incoming crossbow bolts! ;)

Afterwards he will move behind the treasure chest to N 15.


12:45, Today: Ramor ibn Adnan rolled 28 using 9d6. Fireball Damage.



This message was last edited by the player at 17:46, Tue 06 Mar 2007.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 824 posts
 Blessing the Rolers
 Cursing the Rollers
Wed 7 Mar 2007
at 05:15
Round 1 (and Ramor's 2)
Flamerule 11, 1373DR
Afternoon



The instant Ramor raised his staff four crossbow bolts buzzed through the air around him.  He was prepared for just such an eventuality but when one of the bolts pierced his shoulder the pain nearly caused him to shout out in agony.

A thundering whoooomp! echoed down the narrow streets girded by high-rising towers as a fireball erupted in the crossbowmen's midst.  Three of the thieves crouched and braced agaisnt the blast just in time for the fire to wash over them.  The fourth escaped the worst of the blast but still lost his life to the arcane inferno.

The power of the fireball gave the thieves brief pause but the stack of chests loaded heavy with coin spurred them back into action.  Almost as one the three remaining crossbowmen dropped their weapons and charged toward the Guardians drawing steel in the process.  Daggers flashed with sunlight from the high summer sun and in an instant they were upon the Guardians.  Two came at Dorn and both landed blows but the enchanted mail shirt of the dwarven ranger held firm and turned aside the blades.  Another rushed at Peter who nimbly leaned away from his attacker's hasty, and quite amateurish, strike.

The thieves behind the Guardians were not idle either and they too surged toward the heroes of Rosewood.  Ramor had ducked behind the stack of wooden chests apparently forgetting about the threat from behind.  For a moment it seemed as if all four would fall upon the wizard but at the last instant one broke off to surround Dorn but his attack, even from behind missed the mark badly.  Daggers flashed and darted around Ramor who did his best to avoid the deadly whirling steel but found himself completely overmatched and each of the thieves' dagger tasted his blood in the span of a single breath.

Tough round for Ramor (sounds like a broken record eh?).  Three of four thieves made their reflex saves but the other perished despite his Evasion ability.  Just one of four readied attacks hit but it inflicted a max 8hp in damage.  Three of the seven charge attacks hit but the three were the ones directed at Ramor.  Together they inflicted 15hp in damage.  The good news is that Ramor is not and can not be flanked.  Dorn is not so lucky.

Peter, Dorn and Ramor may all take actions now.
INIT ENTITY       HP   AC/T/FF   NOTES
 11  (P)Peter     30   19/13/16
  9  (D)Dorn      29   21/12/19
 20  (R)Ramor      4   18/16/16
 12  (2)Xbow Thug 13   14/12/12
 12  (3)Xbow Thug 13   14/12/12
 12  (5)Xbow Thug 13   14/12/12
 12  (6)Thug      13   15/12/13
 12  (7)Thug      13   15/12/13
 12  (8)Thug      13   15/12/13
 12  (9)Thug      13   15/12/13  
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
1 1
2 2
3 3
4 4
5 5
6 6
7 7
8 8
9 9
10 10
11 11
12 523 12
13 DP 13
14 7$ 14
15 6R 15
16 98 16
17 17
18 18
19 19
20 20
21 21
22 22
23 23
24 24
25 25
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

Peter Aubary
 player, 430 posts
 Corymrean Scholar
Wed 7 Mar 2007
at 10:38
Re: Round 1 (and Ramor's 2)

The blast of Ramor’s magic and the resulting barrage of bolts directed at the mage reverberated through the scholar. He reaction was simple as it was effective, he stepped out of the way of the on-coming thug and slashed his sword across the man’s mid-rift. Unlike in the battle versus the powerful werehawk the Aubary Blade sliced cleanly through the thug’s flesh to leave a nasty wound.

Peter’s thoughts always working faster than his body threw up ideas that tumbled through his mind. Who were the ‘Shadow Serpents’?

Hit thug for 8 damage, bardic lore – Shadow Serpents 26

10:36, Today: Peter Aubary rolled 26 using 1d20+13. Bardic Lore.
06:10, Today: Peter Aubary rolled 8 using 1d8+2. Sword damage vs thug 3.
06:10, Today: Peter Aubary rolled 24 using 1d20+7. Sword vs thug 3.

Dorn Rockfist
 player, 446 posts
 Dwarven Caver
 'What ye look'n at?'
Wed 7 Mar 2007
at 15:35
Re: Round 1 (and Ramor's 2)
Dorn brought up his axe. He gave a grunt of appreciation as his new armor protected him. He knew that this would get ugly fast when he found himself almost surrounded.

The dwarf stepped to the side, sliding around the thug behind him. The adamantine axe flashed through the air as it bit deeply into the flesh of thug's shoulder. Dorn chopped at the thug twice dropping him quickly. He followed his inital attack with a secondary one. However it only sliced through air as the thug saw him out of the corner of his eye.





Free: 5' step L14
Full: Attack Thug7 w/flank +2 bonus (Thanks Ramor, I'll try to save you)
rolled 27 29 using 1d20+13. Atk w/waraxe vs Thug7
rolled 11 using 1d10+5. Dam w/waraxe vs Thug7
rolled 14 16 using 1d20+8. Atk2 w/waraxe vs Thug7
rolled 12 using 1d10+5. Dam w/waraxe vs Thug7
Total Dam: 23!


Cleave Thug6 w/flank +2 bonus using BAB +2
rolled 10 12 using 1d20+8. Cleave w/waraxe vs Thug8 Missed


NOTE: AC is now 23 with only a 5' this round

Ramor ibn Adnan
 player, 223 posts
Wed 7 Mar 2007
at 16:53
Re: Round 1 (and Ramor's 2)
The crossbow bolt was causing excrutiating pain, and the dagger slices to add to that of the werehawk were just honey on the sweetcake.  Instead of swooning like many lesser mages would have done, Ramor's heart burned with anger.  His vision was blurred, and he saw red and orange everywhere as he tried desperately to hold the thieves at bay.  He knew without a doubt that his life once again hung in the balance, and he regretted underestimating the threat by not calling all the forces he had to bear a moment ago.  His attachment to the newfound staff would not last long if he continued confronting these dangers, but the fire was easily stoked in his service to Kossuth.  Snarling with blood spurting from his lips, he called upon its powers once again, and brought to life the violet flames of a magical wall that he stretched from one building to the next, taking in the fools that had dared to confront them.

He smiled as the thieves screamed in pain, quickening the path to their deaths.  While his heart had nearly broken over the death of the hawk-woman, now it was delighted that these mongrels burnt.  The wizard knew enough in his pain that controlling the field of battle was the most effective way for him to aid his companions and participate in the fight.  Between Dorn's quick axe-work and his angling of the magical wall, Ramor had provided protection for himself, and a clear vantage from which to aid his companions.

I loathe using charged items, but I should have done this in the first place, and we'd be four thugs down already.  Wall of fire, angling from K 13 to N 16, with the heat radiating south.  Thugs 6 and 8 will take direct damage without a save, and thug 9 'radiation' damage without a save.  Dorn is at least one square from the wall, so an overrun or bullrush shouldn't push him into it, and it will let us concentrate on the folks in the north who dropped their bows.  :( Half the charges are gone already, and he's had the fancy stick for about a day! But we're still here. . .

11:53, Today: Ramor ibn Adnan rolled 5 using 2d4. Radiating  Wall Damage.
11:53, Today: Ramor ibn Adnan rolled 15 using 2d6+9. Direct Wall Damage.


This message was last edited by the player at 16:54, Wed 07 Mar 2007.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 829 posts
 Blessing the Rolers
 Cursing the Rollers
Thu 8 Mar 2007
at 04:22
That was Quick!
Flamerule 11, 1373DR
Afternoon



Peter struck ably enough at one of the attackers and Dorn followed up with a racticed flanking maneuver and three viscious strokes of his axe, two of them combining to take the life of one of the thieves.  Ramor swung his staff in a wide arc to buy a moment of time which he used to invoke the power of the staff to create a towering wall of fire just as he had an hour ago against the werehawk.  All but one of the remaining thieves fell to the violet flames and although Dorn was clearly awash in their heat he stood unflinching to face the last of their foes.

One fireball was daunting, a fireball and a wall fire that claimed a handful of his comrades was too much for the last thief and he turned and ran back down the street.  With Peter, and Ramor hemmed in by the wall of flames only Dorn could give chase and the thief's long strides quickly put distance between them until the young rogue disappeared altogether leaving Dorn to return to the others.  He arrived just as the flames vanished as quickly as they had appeared.

VICTORY!

Just over two days, you've had the staff two days.  :0)

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:26, Thu 08 Mar 2007.

Peter Aubary
 player, 432 posts
 Corymrean Scholar
Thu 8 Mar 2007
at 12:29
Re: That was Quick!
The fight was over quicker than it had begun but Peter knew not to let down his guard so easily. The Aubary Blade still bared he stepped over the charred corpses of the ‘Shadow Serpents’ and approached the much wounded Ramor. ”I have heard tales of the leader of the Shadow Serpents, he is a snake-man with mind reading powers. We should be wary though I doubt they will attempt to attack us again. The survivor will surely tell tales of his defeat in such a manner as to not make himself appear a coward.”

Once the blazing violet flames of Ramor’s creation had been extinguished Peter dared to retrieve a scroll from his pack and after he had donned his magical spectacles he began to recite the holy prayer written upon it. The words and actions required were not natural to the scholar but his skill in controlling the magical arts was not to be underestimated. Once he felt the familiar hot surge of power he knew he had unlocked the scroll’s secret and after a moment to savour it he gently placed his hands on Ramor’s wounds. In seconds many of the worse cuts had sealed and all the bleeding had been stopped.

”We should hurry to reach the merchant.” He said to Dorn and Ramor before his eyes swept over the remains of the thugs and then considered the problem of the gold and silver. ”Do we carry it ourselves?” He questioned as he tested the weight.

Cast Cure Serious Wounds (I’ve assumed it is caster level 5) on Ramor and then with the help of a detect magic searched the thugs bodies.
12:28, Today: Peter Aubary rolled 16 using 1d20+11. Search.
12:19, Today: Peter Aubary rolled 18 using 3d8+5. CSW on Ramor.
12:19, Today: Peter Aubary rolled 39 using 1d20+25. Use Magic Device - scroll of CSW.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:04, Thu 08 Mar 2007.

Dorn Rockfist
 player, 449 posts
 Dwarven Caver
 'What ye look'n at?'
Thu 8 Mar 2007
at 16:24
Re: That was Quick!
"Hrumph." Dorn said aloud as he kicked the charred body in front of him. He kept a watchful eye as Peter tended to Ramor.

"Nay. I'll carry the load. But keep a watchful eye."
Peter Aubary
 player, 433 posts
 Corymrean Scholar
Thu 8 Mar 2007
at 20:11
Re: That was Quick!
It was obvious that Dorn was the strongest of the Guardians and it was plain to Peter that the best person to carry the heavy load was the dwarf. ”Well let us be off” Peter kept his sword drawn but held low and beneath his cloak and then he stepped in front of Dorn and began the journey to meet Irlin.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 832 posts
 Blessing the Rolers
 Cursing the Rollers
Fri 9 Mar 2007
at 13:29
Re: That was Quick!
Flamerule 11, 1373DR
Mid Afternoon



Ramor was unusually silent after giving Peter a sincere thanks.  Twice in the span of an hour he had nearly been laid low and two days prior in the Firehammer delving he had been rendered unconscious and would have died were it not for his stallworth companions.  Such things, when confronted with them, often gave men cause for reflection.

The bodies of the thieves were left littering the street and the Guardians continued their return to Irlin a bit more cautious, especially since the loud, echoing whoomp of ramor's fireball had not drawn the attention of any city guard or watch as near as they could tell.

After several wrong turns and even more wary, and in some cases openly hostile, glances the Guardians finally caught the sounds of the bustling marketplace on the wind and followed their ears to their destination.  The throngs of people were still present and the sounds of haggling filled the air.  Good from all across Faerun were for sale in this marketplace, many expensive and exotic yet each had a buyer in this city of commerce and the summer months was when the vast majority of the trading was done.

As luck would have it, the group emerged into the large central market not fifty paces from the flowing purple and gold banner that Irlin described.

Here's your big chance, a maketplace with vendors for items of all description and three chests full of freshly won coin...  Diamonds for Serol or pretties for the Guardians???  :0)

EDIT:  Nothing detected magic at the ambush site, other than the lingering auras of Ramor's spells and the magical items carried by the Guardians.

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:34, Fri 09 Mar 2007.

Peter Aubary
 player, 434 posts
 Corymrean Scholar
Fri 9 Mar 2007
at 16:50
Re: That was Quick!
Finding some comfort in the press of people and the hustle of the marketplace Peter discreetly sheathed the Aubary Blade. The scholar welcomed the seemingly normally of the scene and hastened Dorn to Irlin’s tent. ”Let us take the gold to Irlin’s shop, I pray that he will offer us some much needed hospitality. Something so far the streets of Iriaebor have been lacking in. I could do with a rest.” Peter unlike the others was less obviously wounded by the battles they had fought but more weary of mind, a tiredness that left his face pale and his shoulders slumped. The magic he now wielded was a drain on a finite essence within him, the more experienced he became with it the more he gained from it but he could not prevent the weariness it caused entirely.

OOC I don’t want to take it too far in case anyone else has other plans, but Peter’s will be to enter Irlin’s shop, take stock, a have a breather and count how much gold we have accumulated so far.
Dorn Rockfist
 player, 450 posts
 Dwarven Caver
 'What ye look'n at?'
Sat 10 Mar 2007
at 04:31
Re: That was Quick!
"Hrumph." Dorn replied beneath the load of the gold chest. He had stoicly carried the chest through all the wrong turns and was relieved to finally hear the noise from the marketplace.

"Me sure hopes so." Dorn replied again. "No gawking at the other shops. Just go straight to his shop. This load isn't getting any lighter."


OOC: Hey. I'm the one carrying this stuff :)
But in regards to spending the gold for Serol or for ourselves. We are still under the assumption that we're doing all this to save Serol.

Ramor ibn Adnan
 player, 227 posts
Thu 15 Mar 2007
at 15:24
Re: That was Quick!
Ramor reflected on the day's events as they made their way through the twists and turns of this dispicable city.  He was grateful that the scholar had some working knowledge of healing magic, as the dagger blades and the crossbow bolt had very nearly laid him low.  Serol had fallen in a battle that few men in Faerun would ever even comprehend, yet Ramor and the Guardians had foolishly sought out a fight.  Even worse, the honorable wizard had thought that even the thieves and ruffians of the bloodsport arena would allow them to leave without hassle on their promise to return.  That mistake had nearly cost him his life, placed the Guardians in danger, and expended precious magic from the flame-carved staff that was even now angrily rubbing the ever-tender, burnt flesh of his hands.  The purple tent was a pleasant sight for his tired eyes.
Peter Aubary
 player, 435 posts
 Corymrean Scholar
Thu 15 Mar 2007
at 21:09
The market
It was clear to the scholar that Ramor had been preoccupied since the arena battle and after he had dispatched the thugs in the streets but Peter had not realised how lost in his own thoughts he had been. It was with a rather guilty expression that he thanked Dorn for his perseverance in carrying their load. ”Let’s get that chest down, then you take a rest you’re earned it. I’ll count the money.” It would an onerous task especially when confronted with the delights of Irlin’s magical shop but Peter had come to learn a great deal with the Guardian’s, team work being one of them. He would get to explore the merchant’s shop later he was sure. Before he started counting the gold and silver he handed the items he had taken from the hawk-woman to Ramor. ”Have you the energy to ascertain the magic powers of these things?”

This message was last edited by the player at 21:10, Thu 15 Mar 2007.

Ramor ibn Adnan
 player, 228 posts
Thu 15 Mar 2007
at 21:47
Re: The market
Ramor looked up from fingering the cuts in his fine clothing as the scholar addressed him.  "Only one.  I was more prepared today for conflict than utility.  The rest, we will have to see if Irlin has the capability, or the staff on hand to do so.  Otherwise, we will have to wait until tomorrow.  Choose, and I will unlock its secrets."  Using his own magic would take his mind off of the fights and the dead men that he had littered about him.  His thoughts turned to the battles ahead, and knew that they would be more desperate, and more demanding.  He had to get stronger, and better to face them.  Serol's resurrection would prove a great boon to the Guardians and to himself, but it was going to be costly.

He frowned, as he was apt to do, as he wondered were the she-wolf had gone, and if she were lost in the warrens, twists, and turns that this horrible city was made of.  A pearl appeared in his hand, and he waited for Peter to select the item he was most interested in knowing about.  The scholar's curiosity was uplifting to the Calishite, and the frown quickly disappeared.
Peter Aubary
 player, 436 posts
 Corymrean Scholar
Fri 16 Mar 2007
at 12:32
Re: The market
It would be thrilling to watch Ramor utilise the weave to identify one of the enchanted items but Peter had studied the wizard as he worked before and would resist temptation this time. The scholar considered the many items that were still a mystery to him, the runes on the belt had intrigued him and he had already unlocked some of its secrets. So curiosity aflame he reached to pass it to Ramor but stilled his hand, it was something he could always study again and a thin smiled formed on his lips as he delighted at the prospect. Maybe a it would be better if Ramor took a look at something the Cormyrean scholar knew nothing about. The enchanted clothes that the woman had worn Peter liked to think he could guess at that there must be worn to function but he wondered if the jewellery had other hidden functions. Both pieces the necklace and ring interested him but for a reason yet unknown even to him his heart called for him to study the copper necklace. He rubbed the metal in his fingers and felt in warm up in his hands. ”This one.” He said decisively as he handed the necklace to the Calishite. He then set to the task of counting the monies.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:33, Fri 16 Mar 2007.

Dorn Rockfist
 player, 451 posts
 Dwarven Caver
 'What ye look'n at?'
Fri 16 Mar 2007
at 16:24
Re: The market
Dorn looked up at Peter as the scholar approached him. "Now? You want to count the bloody coins now. Here? In the marketsquare?"

"Nay. I say we go into Irlin’s shop. He should be able to offer us some protection from prying eyes, ears and nimble fingers."


The dwarf huffed as he continued on his way to the shop. "You all coming?"
Peter Aubary
 player, 437 posts
 Corymrean Scholar
Fri 16 Mar 2007
at 17:52
Re: The market
With a final few weary steps Peter shrugged his shoulders and followed in the wake of the gruff dwarf Dorn. He walked beneath the flowing purple and gold banner of Irlin’s shop and greeted the merchant warmly as his weariness vanished with the reaching of their destination.