Guerrillas in the Mist (Ch. 6 Interlude)   Posted by Cap'n Rae.Group: archive 0
Jason Kasparov
 player, 25 posts
 Warrant Officer 1
 U.S. Army Blackhawk Pilot
Tue 18 Dec 2007
at 14:52
Re: Sloggin' It
"Very well Stanislaw. I'll still take point for my turn. The boy is still damaged, so to speak."  He punched Marisuz in the shoulder. "Besides, there might be a fox or a wild boar roaming these woods looking to finish what the buck started."

"If our recovery team already came down the river and encountered the enemy, would we not be safer walking the riverbank? The water will hide the sound of our approach, if they have any dogs, the scent will be thrown off, and we will at least have the protection on one side?"
Grzegorz 'Bear' Rzasa
 NPC, 8 posts
 Polish
 Partisan RPG Gunner
Tue 18 Dec 2007
at 23:25
Re: Sloggin' It

Bear grunts his approval as Switek lays out his plan.

"Sounds good boss. Maybe we should link up with the Ammies at the road, out of sight of the bridge, then hike back around to come at it from the back side. Ask 'em if they've got any more night vision, though. We only got the two and if it's really Spetznaz up there, they probably have a few themselves..."
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 30 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Wed 19 Dec 2007
at 08:28
Re: Sloggin' It
Mariusz stood more steadily on his feet and looked at his comrades, he said, "I'm ready to go when you are."
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 468 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Thu 20 Dec 2007
at 00:30
Re: Sloggin' It

Buddha; Pitchfork
Acknowledged.
Instruct link-up 2k meters east of Rhubarb on black-line.
Will coordinate dance from there.
Visual recognition signal is rifle held away from body and perpendicular to ground on left side.
Audible is "Potato" and "Pancake".
OVER.


OOC: This sounds totally silly to me, but it's the best I can come up with. Sorry. If this is not as clear as I intended, basically, the American team wishes to meet you on the road from the town to the bridge, approximately 2km from the objective. Due to the distance and terrain between this meeting point and the bridge, this should allow you to meet out of sight from whomever is presumably guarding it.

Actions?
Stanislaw Switek
 player, 14 posts
 Polish
 Cistercian Monk/Partisan
Thu 20 Dec 2007
at 04:29
Re: Sloggin' It
Switek identifies the meeting point on the map and shows the pilot their intended destination.  He keys the mic to respond:

ACKNOWLEDGE PITCHFORK.
ENROUTE TO RENDEZVOUS.
ADVISE BRING CANDLES.
WILL BREAK OUR CURFEW.
BUDDHA OUT.

He replaces the handset and stows the map.

This gun's for hire, even if we're just dancin' in the dark . . .

The Springsteen lyric has been running thru Switek's head all day.  The line between freedom fighter and terrorist was often blurry and dependent on the perspective of the observer.  The difference, he tells himself, is ideology.  He knows his cause is righteous.  This, he rationalizes, justifies his occasional bouts as a trigger man in the service of a foreign intelligence agency.

Traitor or patriot?

He shakes his head.

"Jason, take the point." commands the monk. "The little one will hang back with me.  You and Bear run out there and find us a nice spot to hunker in until sunset."

He shoulders his pack and prepares to move out.
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 31 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Thu 20 Dec 2007
at 07:38
Re: Sloggin' It
It took Mariusz a while to discern all that was going on. he was usually quicker on the uptake and his slowness served as a reminder to him that he could not rely on his reflexes in the situation they were going in to. He moved next to Switek and instinctively stood on the monk's right hand side. He stood ready to go when the team moved out.
Jason Kasparov
 player, 26 posts
 Warrant Officer 1
 U.S. Army Blackhawk Pilot
Thu 20 Dec 2007
at 20:16
Re: Sloggin' It
"Very well. Cover my back." Jason grabs his pack and checks his weapon.    "Bear, I'll need those binoculars back."

Taking a final bite of his meal, Jason salutes his brothers. "If it hits the fan, don't risk yourself on my account. I'll manage."Flipping his safety off, and the selector switch to full auto, Jason strides off across the high grass, the damp reeds slapping against his boots. He crouches slightly, steps light and scans the terrain ahaead, looking for some telltale sign of trouble.

Jason Kasparov
Low crouch, walking on point
Weapon at the ready, scanning the terrain
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 32 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Thu 20 Dec 2007
at 20:25
Re: Sloggin' It
Mariusz smiled at the American's speech. They were indeed a band of brothers and just as Kasparov hadn't hesitated to plunge into the unknown to save him, Mariusz had no intention of leaving Kasparov to fight trouble alone. As Kasparov loped off, he checked his load once more and made sure he was on semi-auto, he held his rifle ready and looked expectantly at Switek, he smiled and said, "Once more unto the breech, eh Brother Switek?"

Mariusz ready to move out with Switek.
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 471 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Fri 21 Dec 2007
at 01:45
Re: Sloggin' It

Off to your left (south), the sound of light machine gun fire echoes low and ominous in the distance. A few moments later, your American contact's voice barks from the radio,


Buddha, Pitchfork.
Recon element in contact with enemy force 400 mikes north of Rhubarb.
There may be a change in plan. Wait one.

Stanislaw Switek
 player, 15 posts
 Polish
 Cistercian Monk/Partisan
Fri 21 Dec 2007
at 01:58
Re: Sloggin' It
At the sound of distant gunfire, Switek freezes in place and drops to a crouch.  He motions tersely for Mariusz to get the attention of the rest of the team as he grabs the handset.

ACKNOWLEDGE PITCHFORK.
HEAR YOUR TROUBLE.
STANDING BY. OVER.

His heart begins to race as he curses the deafening silence emanating from the radio.  The monk's knuckles turn white as he clutches the handset awaiting a response.

[Private to Cap'n Rae: If you give me the distance from our current loc I will provide an ETA and an approach vector.]

[Switek]
Crouched
RPKM + 70/75 rd. drum 7.62mmS
Waiting for response

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 33 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Fri 21 Dec 2007
at 07:45
Re: Sloggin' It
Quickly and quietly, Mariusz moved forward and got Bear and Kasparov's attention. He signalled for them to stay put and trotted back to Switek. He crouched down himself and started scanning thier back trail.
Jason Kasparov
 player, 27 posts
 Warrant Officer 1
 U.S. Army Blackhawk Pilot
Fri 21 Dec 2007
at 19:21
Re: Sloggin' It
"Son of a bitch." Jason mutters as he spots Mariusz's signal to hold tight. Dropping down into the field, he pulls out his binoculars and scans the area. Perhaps they spotted something he missed?

Scanning the trees, he waits for further orders from the rear.

Jason Kasparov
Prone, weapon at the ready
Scanning the forward position with binoculars.
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 475 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Fri 21 Dec 2007
at 22:17
Re: Sloggin' It


Buddha; Pitchfork-
Move to rendezvouz point on blackline ASAP but be careful.
At least one enemy zipper at near side of Rhubarb.
Will advise of next move.
Pitchfork out.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 34 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sat 22 Dec 2007
at 09:13
Re: Sloggin' It
Mariusz heard the radio message and was relieved. Their unknown allies were doing their bit. They had already made contact with the hostiles and were engaging them. This suggested that they wouldn't just use his comrades as cannon fodder. He nodded to Switek and moved forwards to Bear and Kasparov.

"Our allies have made hostile contact, at least one zipper they said, I'm assumimg they mean a machine gun. They advise us ti continue on to meet with their scout."
Stanislaw Switek
 player, 18 posts
 Polish
 Cistercian Monk/Partisan
Wed 26 Dec 2007
at 17:32
Moving To Contact
NPCed

"Alright men. We've got our instructions. We're moving to the rendezvous, two klicks north of the bridge. Mr. Kasparov, I would like you to take point. Visual recognition signal is left arm outstretched with rifle held perpendicular to the ground. Verbal call is "potato" and response is "pancake". Watch for enemy pickets. I'll take the second slot; Mariusz my boy, you're behind me."

"Bear, you're the tail-gunner. Keep an eye on the boy too."

"Alright everyone, let's move out."


OOC: Italicized text is Polish. Regular text is English.

[Private to Stanislaw Switek: Not sure what your situation is. NPCed Stan just to get this thread going again. Hopefully you can resume posting soon. Take care.]
Jason Kasparov
 player, 28 posts
 Warrant Officer 1
 U.S. Army Blackhawk Pilot
Wed 26 Dec 2007
at 18:26
Re: Moving To Contact
"Enemy pickets? Do we have any idea on numbers? If they have pickets and are under fire, their squad must be full strength, if not larger."

Picking up his gear, taking his safety off wis weapon, Jason took the point, eyes scanning for a bird out of place, a leaf blowing the wrong way, anything that might be a Spetsnaz rear guard waiting to pick him off.

Jason Kasparov
Point
Weapon on full auto and ready
scanning the area before him.
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 36 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Wed 26 Dec 2007
at 20:42
Re: Moving To Contact
Mariusz checked his rifle once more and fell in behind Switek. Once more into the breech he thought. As Switek moved off checking the right of the trail, Mariusz followed, his attention on the right.
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 481 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Fri 28 Dec 2007
at 18:54
The Rendezvous

As the team nears the road to Szczucin, a low echoing boom reaches them from the east. Apparently, there's quite a battle brewing at the bridge.

The group settles into a defensive configuration just off of the cracked and potholed blacktop. It's a relatively straight shot of about 2000m to the west of the bridge.

OOC: I'm just waiting on a decision from the ranking PC in the other group and then ya'll will receive a "call" on the radio with further instructions. Feel free to either post in the interim or wait for the update. I'll get it up as soon as I hear from the player in question. Thanks for your patience.
Jason Kasparov
 player, 29 posts
 Warrant Officer 1
 U.S. Army Blackhawk Pilot
Sat 29 Dec 2007
at 04:17
Re: The Rendezvous
Scanning the battle with his binoculars, Jason waves the others forward.

"Hopefully, we can contact them. We could at least direct some mortar fire and save them some shells."
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 483 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 29 Dec 2007
at 20:24
Attack!

Once again, the radio crackles to life. This time, the call offers a definitive direction. As the message sinks in, you feel a familiar nausea-inducing mixture of excitement and dread, mellowed a bit by the resolve of the seasoned warrior.

Buddha, Pitchfork
Assault Rhubarb. Sya again, assault Rhubard.
Advance along north side of black-line; we will provide covering fire.
Be advised, at least four Tangos on that axis.
Pitchfork will assault on southern axis.
Over.

Grzegorz 'Bear' Rzasa
 NPC, 9 posts
 Polish
 Partisan RPG Gunner
Sat 29 Dec 2007
at 20:37
Re: Attack!

Bear can't understand the fuzzed out radio message but something in the speaker's tone makes its meaning clear.

The big man unslings his RPG-7 and inserts one of his special "hedgehog" anti-personel rockets (a standard HEAT round with ten-penny nails taped around the warhead). Reslinging it, he looks to Switek like an expectant retriever looks to its stick-wielding master.

The man loves to fight.
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 37 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sat 29 Dec 2007
at 20:45
Re: Attack!
Knowing that Bear was a bit slow on these things, Mariusz crept next to him. "We're going in to fight, there are at least four enemy, if the machinegun is still working, it'll probably be crew served, that'll make a good target for the hedgehog."

He whispered this as he stripped down to his combat load and put his helmet on. Once he was ready he checked his Kalashnikov and grenades. As soon as he was ready he looked over at Switek and Kasparov, "Skirmish line?"

Mariusz
AK-74 =30rounds, 5 extra mags
4frag, 2 smoke
Awaiting Switek's orders

Jason Kasparov
 player, 30 posts
 Warrant Officer 1
 U.S. Army Blackhawk Pilot
Sun 30 Dec 2007
at 03:41
Re: Attack!
"If there's four, we should be able to spot their muzzle flash from here. It will give us some advantage. Lets do a little recon, try to locate our targets, work our way into a good position, and then unleash your RPG."

Jason looks at Mariusz. "How are feeling my friend? Still fuzzy in the head, as you say?"
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 38 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sun 30 Dec 2007
at 11:51
Re: Attack!
Mariusz looked at the American, "Still fuzzy, comrade, I'll be able to shoot but if we have to do anything radical, I'll be in trouble."
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 487 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sun 30 Dec 2007
at 22:07
End of Ch. 6 Interlude

OOC: You may now post in the Ch. 7 thread. Welcome to the battle!