Ch. 9: Sandomierz.   Posted by Cap'n Rae.Group: archive 0
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 398 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Sun 1 Jun 2008
at 16:27
Re: Forward Companionway to Quarterdeck
Tucker nods to Bayer's request to look around the area a little bit more to see if there is anything that they can use.  Not a bad thought to take away the weapons and ammo of their dead, might mean that they're low on ammo and weapons or that they're actually pretty well trained.  Whatever the case, they still left their dead and probably some wounded around.  Rob makes his way to a couple of areas where there is oppotunity to search for useful wares off their adversaries.

When Konrad asks for a radio Tucker replies, "I gotta hand radio boss.  Why you need to use it?"

Tucker
M-16A2 [27/30]/M-203 [HE]
Searching the battlefield and then meeting up with Konrad at the bunkers as instructed.
Dave 'Bones' Stoner
 player, 99 posts
 HM2 (E-5)
 US Navy
Sun 1 Jun 2008
at 21:55
Re: Forward Companionway to Quarterdeck
"No radio" Stoner tells Konrad. Moving up with Tcuker he starts giving the bodies a quick search.

He's basically looking for anything of value: gold, silver- either as coined money or jewelry; small items to rebuild his gear- pocketknives, multitools razors and blades, etc.


Stoner
looting dead bodies!
AK-74, 5 magazines (1 used)
BG-15, 3 HE, 1 Illum
Aid bag

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 724 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Mon 2 Jun 2008
at 09:02
Re: Traffic (GM Supplemental)
Jason Kasparov:
Taking the ammo can from Milk, Jason slaps it into the Dushka, stringing the belt into the weapon as he was shown. Once secure, he chambers a round, and scans the perimeter for targets.

Looking over at the mortar team he yells out to Minh, "Are you ok?"


Holding his hand over the mouthpiece he grinned and answered the non-specific shout, "We're all just fine, thanks! Well, not all of us."

Understanding that Jason's concern was porabaly directed towards Minh, he rolled his eyes in mock exasperation. Man, these Yanks, always thinking with their pricks. Christ save us!

He said to Anneka over the intercom, "Yes. I will send her up immediately. Also, while I don't like the look of those barrels, please consider they could be fuel for the hovercraft! If needed, I know how to safely disarm explosive devices. Just keep that in mind before we blow them up, if that is your decision."

Hanging up he said, "Minh, Anneka needs you, please go to her, quickly."

This message was last edited by the player at 13:58, Mon 02 June 2008.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 654 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Mon 2 Jun 2008
at 10:06
Re: Traffic (GM Supplemental)
Bayer calls back to Tuck, "Nein. Just want to make sure you and Stoner have comms with me." After a few more steps calls back again, "When you are done here and go to meet us at the bunkers, bring that driver and our manpack."
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 400 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Mon 2 Jun 2008
at 13:00
Re: Traffic (GM Supplemental)
Konrad Bayer:
Bayer calls back to Tuck, "Nein. Just want to make sure you and Stoner have comms with me." After a few more steps calls back again, "When you are done here and go to meet us at the bunkers, bring that driver and our manpack."
"Will do boss.  We'll sound off if we find anything or if something comes up.  The driver unederstands English right?" Tucker asks him before he goes back to pilfering with Stoner.
Clarence Milk
 NPC, 145 posts
 Chief Warrant Officer 2
 U.S. Army Special Forces
Mon 2 Jun 2008
at 15:00
Re: Forward Companionway to Quarterdeck
Anneka Soleblume:
"I want Minh moved up here to take over the starboard heavy machinegun and you to keep watch over the rear quarter while maintaining comms with the shore."


"Yessir, but someone ought to check those barrels or we should move the tug back another couple hundred meters."

As he crosses the half-dozen meters to the aft Dushka, Clarence looks down at the dead Switek lying cold on the quarterdeck.

"Damn. He was a good man. Chopper?"

This message was last edited by the player at 15:01, Mon 02 June 2008.

Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 187 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Mon 2 Jun 2008
at 16:40
Re: Forward Companionway to Quarterdeck
With the adrenaline of the combat fading slightly, Griet slowly realised that something had gone badly wrong behind her, Sandomierz troops were dead, Switek was a ripped up mass of offal and Anneka seemed to have executed Hicks. Everyone else seemed OK with this last act so she had to assume that Hicks was the author of the first to actions and that Anneka was their saviour.

More blood ran down the sides of the Krowla and tears, salty mimics in this case, began to roll down her gunsmoke smudged cheeks leaving tiny rivulets of sorrow in the smutty dirt of war.
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 729 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Mon 2 Jun 2008
at 22:57
Cleaning Up

Konrad and Mariusz carefully make their towards the town's modest docking facilities, meeting no resistance along the way. After emerging from the shadows of the intervening buildings, the broad river comes into view, the Krolowa poised a couple of hundred meters upstream near the moored dredging barge. The pair enter the first of the riverstide bunkers and find a quaker gun- a few pieces of plywood wired together and coated in lamp-black to resemble a heavy machine gun. From the cigarette butts and candy wrappers littering the bottom of the gun-pit, it looks like it must have housed a real weapon at one time.

Meanwhile, Stoner and Tuck examine the half-dozen IPAT corpses left behind on the battlefield. Despite the withdrawing enemy's having taken with them all of their dead comrades' weapons, much in the way of ammunition was left behind. Chopper and Tucker find six full 5.45mm magazines, three full 7.62mm S magazines, and six PACT fragmentation grenades. In addition to the ammo, Stoner finds a butterfly knife in the thigh pocket of one dead IPAT soldier and Tucker discovers a half-full pack of cigarettes in the chest pocket of another. Having scavenged what they can, the pair wash the blood from their hands using water from the canteen of one of the IPAT soldiers. Then, they move on at the double to catch up with Konrad and Mariusz.

The ground team reunites at shore bunker #2. The occupants- probably a pair of IPAT soldiers- look like their torsoes have been churned into gallons of rasberry jam by a direct hit by an 82mm HE round from the tug's Vasilek. Even if any of the group wanted to crawl down into the hole with the semi-obliterated corpses, it's unlikely they would find anything of use among the bits and pieces. The B-11 recoiless rifle from the pit lies a few meters away, the barrel dented in a couple of places. It's condition is probably beyond repair.

At the third and last bunker, the group finds a prize of sorts- 52 rounds of 12.7mm ammunition for the tug's hungry Dushkas. The IPAT HMG, however, is damaged. It looks like at least two rounds of 12.7mm from the tug have smashed into its receiver. The gunner, lying crumpled in the bottom of the pit, is missing the left side of his head. The assistant gunner, if there was one, is nowhere to be found.

As the group is preparing to head back to the UAZ with their loot, a squad of men dressed in Soviet cammies emerge crouching from the solitary riverside warehouse*, pointing their weapons nervously at the party. The team knows enough Russian to understand that they are being ordered to drop their weapons.

On the tug, Anneka examines Chopper's body and searches through his personal effects. He's a bloody mess- left arm almost severed just below the elbow, gunshot wounds in his left thigh, lower back in the vicinity of his left kidney, and upper back between the shoulder blades. To top it off, the front of his body is riddled with grenade fragments. No clue as to Chopper's motives for his sudden betrayal is found on his person. At the boat's stern, Anneka finds one Sando-ORMO soldier dead from a single close-range gunshot wound to the head. The other militiaman is missing**. Both left behind loaded AKM rifles. The dead man has four full mags in pouches on his webbing.

The rest of the tug team mans their stations, weary of an IPAT counter attack or Sando-ORMO double-cross. The mysterious drums on the barge are poised under their noses.

Actions?

OOC:

*This is building atop which the tug's crew saw an AGS-17 positioned as she passed by T-breg on its way to the "rendezvous" with the IPAT ground convoy.

**Jason saw the second militiaman's body pitch overboard.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:04, Mon 02 June 2008.

Dave 'Bones' Stoner
 player, 101 posts
 HM2 (E-5)
 US Navy
Mon 2 Jun 2008
at 23:44
Re: Cleaning Up
Dave pulls a not too destroyed shirt off one of the corpse and spreads it on the ground to pile thier newfound loot in, and pockets the knife for a closer examination at a later time. When all the magazines and the grenades are in the shirt, he ties the tails and sleeves together to make a hobo pack. After rinsing off thier hands, Dave keeps the canteen and carrier, unless Tucker objects. (He's scavenging anything, all his gear was confiscated.)


At the last bunker, when the Soviet cammou'd men appear, he smiles disarmingly and says " No tiendo. Si hablo espaniol?"



Stoner

AK-74, 5 magazines (1 used)
BG-15, 3 HE, 1 Illum
Aid bag
Minh Quyen
 player, 224 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Tue 3 Jun 2008
at 03:07
Re: Cleaning Up
"I'm good." Quyen replies. Placing the RPK on safe she nods to Dawid and collects her rifle off of the Krolowa's deck.

Moving to the upper deck she reports to Anneka, "Doctor." she says. "Which DSHK do you need me on?"

After receiving her duty instructions she listens as Anneka inquires about the mysterious barrels. "Possible." she says. "Or perhaps I can check it out. It might be worthwhile. I know how to look up close at things that might be trapped. I've had to work with mines and booby traps and such. I know how to look and feel around without setting something off."

[Private to GM: Sorry for being late on my post.]

This message was last edited by the player at 03:09, Tue 03 June 2008.

Jason Kasparov
 player, 203 posts
 Warrant Officer 1
 U.S. Army Blackhawk Pilot
Tue 3 Jun 2008
at 05:03
Re: Cleaning Up
Hearing everything is safe for the mortar team, Jason returns to watching the shoreline for potential targets. He eyes the barrels pointed out as possible explosives, but having no expierence with explosives, he allows for Minh to rule what the might be.

His hands shake slightly as the battle seems to have waned. Shaking the fear off, he returns to his detail.

Jason Kasparov
Port Dushka
Searching out targets.
Anneka Soleblume
 player, 619 posts
 Major
 Israeli Medic
Tue 3 Jun 2008
at 11:45
Re: Cleaning Up
Inwardly cringing at the thought of loosing more valuable crew to other duties, Anneka knew all the same that she had little choice - the barrels had to be checked and that couldn't be done properly from a distance.
"Alright, take Jason with you. He's apparently got some experience with explosives too."
Although she'd briefly considered sending Minh over alone, with the sounds of battle still echoing around them, her safety had to come first.
"See if Adam can spare one of the deckhands to help get the boat in the water."
And so she had only Dawid, Milk, Griet and herself left for security, not counting the two surviving ORMO and Adams crew.
Using the intercom to it's fullest, she rearranged those she still had available.
"Dawid, you and the ORMO with you are now solely responsible for the forward quarter."
"Milk, stay with the aft DShK."
"Griet, I need you to shift over to the Port DShK and I'll take care of the Starboard."

They were certainly thin on the ground with some very important weapons going unmanned, but at least they had eyes pointing in every direction....
[Private to GM: ORMO3 the one with the radio, should now be on the bridge with Adam I think.]
Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 188 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Tue 3 Jun 2008
at 15:53
Re: Cleaning Up
Greit nodded at the Major and left her current position to man the Dushka on the prot side of the boat.
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 403 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Tue 3 Jun 2008
at 21:59
Re: Cleaning Up
Tucker searches the bodies and puts any useful items in a pile where Bones has collected his.  He nods to him when he finds the smokes, "You don't smoke do ya Bones?  Got some smokes right here if you want 'em.  If not, I'll give 'em to Dawid and Minh.  Nice looking knife you found.  Listen, take whatever equipment you think you may need dude."

As they make their way back to the UAZ, the sudden sight of the squad of soldiers takes them by surprise.  "You've got to be fucking kidding me," Tucker thinks to himself as he looks the seven men over to see if they're hard core guys or just flunky militia.  Either way, they got the drop on the four of them pretty good, no matter who they are.

Tucker keeps his hand on the rifles grip but his finger away from the trigger nad the M-16 hanging on its sling.  He doesn't want to make any sudden moves to spook these guys into firing and looks around and sees only the bunker and river bank for cover.  "How do you wanna handle this shit?" he says to Konrad.

Tucker
Patrol Slung M-16A2 [27/30]/M-203 [HE]
Standing very still in road
Konrad Bayer
 player, 656 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Wed 4 Jun 2008
at 00:54
Re: Cleaning Up
"Forty mill, get ready." Bayer mutters just loud enough for the others around him. Keeping one hand on his rifle he holds the other one up like how a policeman would halt traffic. "Stop." he warns them of approaching further in a confident tone. They had the drop on them, and the numbers, but Bayer tried to turn things around by commanding the situation.

"Lower weapons." he says in English, waving his free hand in a downward fashion.

"Mariusz... tell them to parlay. Tell them we are all going to die if they don't. Tell them I'm telling them to... and this is the one chance they'll get at making it through today alive." he says.

His own weapon will be angled downwards but only about 45 degrees.

Bayer
G36/HK69 (HE)
Holding steady

This message was last edited by the player at 00:56, Wed 04 June 2008.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 404 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Wed 4 Jun 2008
at 04:09
Re: Cleaning Up
Konrad Bayer:
"Forty mill, get ready." Bayer mutters just loud enough for the others around him.
Keeping his movemnts to a minimum, Tucker mutters back to Konrad, "Roger that!  Hotel Echo ready!"
Dave 'Bones' Stoner
 player, 104 posts
 HM2 (E-5)
 US Navy
Wed 4 Jun 2008
at 11:05
Re: Cleaning Up
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker:
Tucker searches the bodies and puts any useful items in a pile where Bones has collected his.  He nods to him when he finds the smokes, "You don't smoke do ya Bones?  Got some smokes right here if you want 'em.  If not, I'll give 'em to Dawid and Minh.  Nice looking knife you found.  Listen, take whatever equipment you think you may need dude."


"Shit's bad for ya. Clogs the lungs. I'll have to check out the knife later, most of these balisong knives I've seen are cheap junk, but maybe I can do something with it."
Dave 'Bones' Stoner
 player, 105 posts
 HM2 (E-5)
 US Navy
Wed 4 Jun 2008
at 11:06
Re: Cleaning Up
"Gotcha", Dave whispers. Like the others, he's tensed and ready for action on a hair trigger notice.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 726 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 4 Jun 2008
at 14:01
Bow Weapons Position
Spotting what looks to be some trouble developing on shore, Dawid says to the ORMO team leader in Polish, "Those your guys? Better call them off."

He pointed at the Russians confronting the shore party, moving the gun to aim at them, then picked up the intercom and spoke in English.

"Anneka, come to the front, trouble on shore. I'm covering the shore party. Also, keep an eye on things here where I am."

82mm Vasilek (3/5 HE + 5 HE, 5 HEDP)
Aiming to cover the shore for Opportunity Fire

This message was last edited by the player at 14:01, Wed 04 June 2008.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 247 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Wed 4 Jun 2008
at 16:29
Acting on behalf of the UN...
Mariusz lowered his big rifle and smiled at the Russians in front of him, he licked his lips and wondered how to deal with the situation. He looked at the man he thought was the leader and said, "We'd like to find a peaceful way out of this. The Sandomierz Militia are all over this place lice lice on a dog and we have a boat and artillery backing us up. You have the drop on us but all that gives you is a little leverage. Tell me what you want quickly and I'll try to make a deal for you. It needs to be quick, the militia are bringing up cages and they'll be here soon. How can we help you?"
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 731 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Wed 4 Jun 2008
at 19:44
Paydirt or Fool's Gold

The unidentified squad halts at about 40m but continue to point their rifles at the K-team. Since none of them wear visible rank insignia, the K-team can't pick out a leader until one of the fighters speaks up in reply to Mariusz's attempt at Parlay. The leader is innitially a bit confused about the K-team's identity and loyalties, but it's quickly determined all around that the respective groups are on the same side (i.e. Sando-ORMO).

"You'd better get out of here soon. We're firing the town. Wait! Do any of you know how to drive a hovercraft? We found one in that warehouse." he adds, pointing back the way they'd come.

Those on board the tug have back-row seats to the events on shore. It's tense for a few moments until the two parties involved begin chatting amicably.

Minh and Jason, with the help of young Luboslaw, ready one of the Zodiacs. They climb aboard the inflatable and Minh steers it towards the barge. Tying it to one of the rusting railings, they climb aboard and head for the barrels. The aroma wafting from therein illicits strong sense memories: weekends at the speedway; pumping gas at the Stop 'n' Go- days long since past before most fuel had to be distilled in the field. It's gasoline- the real deal. Sweet, sweet, juice.

Actions?

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:52, Wed 04 June 2008.

Dave 'Bones' Stoner
 player, 106 posts
 HM2 (E-5)
 US Navy
Thu 5 Jun 2008
at 00:20
Re: Paydirt or Fool's Gold
Stoner lets out the breath he's been holding and relaxes his grip on his weapon somewhat.

"Mariusz, ask them if they got the word that any gold found was to be turned over to us in payment for our services?" he tells the young warrior.


Stoner
AK-74, 5 magazines (1 used)
BG-15, 3 HE, 1 Illum
Aid bag

Minh Quyen
 player, 225 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Thu 5 Jun 2008
at 12:14
Re: Paydirt or Fool's Gold
"Try not to touch anything ok?" Quyen asks Jason (not in a condencending tone). "Just stand on one spot and not move around ok? We might get barbecued if it was trapped before they pulled out."

As she had done as a combat engineer, Minh looks for obvious signs of trapping. Then using utmost care, she feels around in hard to look spots with a slow and gentle hand. She won't disturb anything without following the search procedure she's been taught on each barrel.

Stopping halfway from her inspection she says, "This is making me nervous. Got a smoke to call my nerves?"

Minh
Dockside
Using Combat Engineer skills to inspect for boobytraps

This message was last edited by the player at 12:16, Thu 05 June 2008.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 406 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Thu 5 Jun 2008
at 13:23
Re: Paydirt or Fool's Gold
Cap'n Rae:
The unidentified squad halts at about 40m but continue to point their rifles at the K-team. Since none of them wear visible rank insignia, the K-team can't pick out a leader until one of the fighters speaks up in reply to Mariusz's attempt at Parlay. The leader is innitially a bit confused about the K-team's identity and loyalties, but it's quickly determined all around that the respective groups are on the same side (i.e. Sando-ORMO).

"You'd better get out of here soon. We're firing the town. Wait! Do any of you know how to drive a hovercraft? We found one in that warehouse." he adds, pointing back the way they'd come.

Actions?
Robert lets the tense situation ease off as they find out that the squad is on their side.  He exhales loudly closing his eyes and rubbing his face with relief.  "Jesus H. Christ!  I think I pooped a little!  Those guys scared the hell outta us!  Tell him we'll check the hovercraft out!  Maybe we can get some useful shit off of it!  I doubt they had time to fix it after we damaged it leaving in a hurry like we did."

Tucker
Slung weapon
Wanting to check out the Hovercraft

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 248 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Thu 5 Jun 2008
at 16:18
Re: Paydirt or Fool's Gold
Mariusz smiled and said, "It's OK, leave the hovercraft to us, if we can move it, we'll bring it back to Sandomierz for salvage. Did your Bosses tell you that half of the weapons salvaged and any gold discovered were ours as part of our payment?"