Ch. 9: Sandomierz.   Posted by Cap'n Rae.Group: archive 0
Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 140 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Wed 16 Apr 2008
at 14:43
Re: Shore Leave
"My other companion is asking that if he adds this pistol and three magazines, could he have the book another hen and more cigarettes? He'd like toilet paper as well but I doubt we have that much." she smiled again.
Konrad Bayer
 player, 577 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Wed 16 Apr 2008
at 14:45
Re: Shore Leave
Jason Kasparov:
"If it comes down to trouble, we will need to get the others back to the ship quickly." Jason replies to Konrad. "What type of action do you want to take? Perhaps a diversion? I could walk out alone and try to lead them off. Divide their numbers?"


"I don't think it'd be safe for anyone to go alone. Lets stick together and see first if they'll back down once they know we have business with their commander. If not... well we will just do what we can." Bayer responds. "They may only be looking to intimidate. If we remain professional and unafraid it might be nothing. Lets just see."
Jason Kasparov
 player, 165 posts
 Warrant Officer 1
 U.S. Army Blackhawk Pilot
Wed 16 Apr 2008
at 15:01
Re: Shore Leave
"Very well. Hopefully the vodka hasn't boosted their ego's to the point of stupidity. It is only mid day."

Jason glances back across the street. "Do you speak any Russian? Maybe you can get a feeling for their intentions?"
Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 141 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Wed 16 Apr 2008
at 18:24
Re: Shore Leave
Griet looked over at Konrad and said, "My Russian's not great, but I'll speak with them if you want."
She waited for Konrad's anser and thought about what she had that she could trade at the inn the guards were drinking at for some "social lubrication".
Konrad Bayer
 player, 578 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Wed 16 Apr 2008
at 20:28
Re: Shore Leave
Griet Niewiadomska:
Griet looked over at Konrad and said, "My Russian's not great, but I'll speak with them if you want."
She waited for Konrad's anser and thought about what she had that she could trade at the inn the guards were drinking at for some "social lubrication".


"Ja. Once this deal is done." he says.
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 362 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Wed 16 Apr 2008
at 22:54
Boat Duties
Tucker will follow up his assigned duties or watches on the tug while the others are out and about in town.  He will go over his weapons and whatever else is assigned to him by Major Soleblume.

Tucker
Slung M-16A2/M-203
Waiting on tug
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 668 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Thu 17 Apr 2008
at 00:23
Hard Bargains
Griet Niewiadomska:
"My other companion is asking that if he adds this pistol and three magazines, could he have the book another hen and more cigarettes? He'd like toilet paper as well but I doubt we have that much." she smiled again.


The shopkeeper snorts in disapproval,

"More cigarettes? This isn't Cuba, my friends. You may be able to get more in one of my competetitors' stores, if you like the Soviet crap variety cut with sawdust- if you're lucky, eh. These are the real deal. Take 'em or leave 'em. As for toilet paper, that's about all these are good for nowadays." he says, indicating the books.

His one good eye darting back and forth between Jason's well-maintained pistol and the Russians loitering outside, he adds,

"You really shouldn't have this here, you know. It's not really my thing but I'll save you all some trouble and take this off of your hands. I'll even throw in a second pack of cigarettes and another hen. You can keep the field glasses, though- I've got plenty of those. That's my final offer unless you've got something else to put on the table."

The Russian soldiers continue to mill around outside, taking turns looking into the storefront, attempting to be subtle, but failing rather miserably.

Actions?

OOC: The deal is the lock, lock picking kit, the gold rings, the soap, the batteries, and the pistol/ammo for the 3 English language books, two hens, a deck of cards, and two packs of 100% tobacco cigarettes.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:29, Thu 17 Apr 2008.

Dave 'Bones' Stoner
 player, 54 posts
 HM2 (E-5)
 US Navy
Thu 17 Apr 2008
at 02:37
Burial prep
As Dawid and Mariusz are getting the bodies ready for burial, Dave picks up the Makarov pistol from Viktor's body. Looking at the two Poles he asks "Do you mind if I keep this? It came from the ship stores, and I'm without a sidearm." If neither has an objection, he'll stick the pistol in the waistband of his jeans, and pocket any extra magazines. If they object, he'll gently replace the weapon.

After that, Dave goes belowdecks and emerges shortly with a pair of shovels. Looking at the docks, he sees a man obviously with the local ORMO. He climbs ashore and approaches the guard.

Do you speak English? Habla Espaniol? Is there a cemetary around where we can bury some bodies? Two are good sons of Poland, the other is a Czech.

Hopefully the man will give him some directions, and he'll get to work digging while Mariusz and Dawid prep the bodies.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 671 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Thu 17 Apr 2008
at 05:14
Re: Burial prep
"Bones my friend, the pistol was ours to begin with, if he stole it then he shouldn't keep it."

If he sees David talking to the ORMO, Dawid goes over to talk to them himself in either Polish or Russian (whichever they speak).

"Also, do you know where we may acquire some 82mm ammunition?"

Stechkin (21/21)

This message was last edited by the player at 09:00, Thu 17 Apr 2008.

Jason Kasparov
 player, 166 posts
 Warrant Officer 1
 U.S. Army Blackhawk Pilot
Thu 17 Apr 2008
at 05:50
Re: Deal or no deal?
Jason looks at Minh, as the deal is offered. "Take it.I want the sci fi book, we can use the hens, and I want you to have the smokes."  He slides the pistol and the magazines across the counter.

He sees the shopkeeper glance out the window, and notices the very obvious Russians. "Finish up here." He whistles at Konrad. "We have trouble. I'm going to stand by the door. Give me your input boss."
Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 142 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Thu 17 Apr 2008
at 06:48
Re: Deal or no deal?
Griet smiled at the shop-keeper and said, "Thanks. We'll take what you are offering and make sure our friends come here too. We'd assumed there'd be no problem about bringing unloaded weapons in for trading , so thanks for the info there. If we want to trade more weapons, who would be best to talk to?"

She noticed the growing commotion at the door and said, "I'd better try and help smooth things over, I'll come back later, and thanks again."

She hurried over to Bayer and said, "Would you like me to try talking to them?"
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 197 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Thu 17 Apr 2008
at 06:49
Re: Deal or no deal?
Mariusz finished with the bodies and then took a turn of the deck to ensure everything was OK.
Konrad Bayer
 player, 579 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Thu 17 Apr 2008
at 07:26
Deal
"Ja ok. Good deal... good enough anyways." Bayer says quietly. Picking up one of the hens he says more positively, "Eggs. Good idea Minh."

Approaching the door, he says "Ok, outside. Griet tell them who we are dealing with here, the commandant. The rest of us, don't encourage them, but be ready. Jason, take the rear."

Bayer will then exit the store first but step aside once he is outside to allow Griet to follow and quickly speak to the Russians.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:26, Thu 17 Apr 2008.

Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 143 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Thu 17 Apr 2008
at 08:02
Subtle Russkies
Griet walked out of the shop with Bayer and walked toward the Russian with the highest rank, she looked up at him and smiled, "Good afternoon, my name is Griet Niewiadomska, I'm the trade delegate representing the Krakow ORMO. I have a meeting with your Commandant at Three O'Clock this afternoon and I'm curious to know what sort of a man he is, you seem interested in us, I don't blame you, I'd keep a close eye on anyone new in town too."

She continued to smile and act as if there was no threat. Throwing weight around often didn't work she'd found so instead of assuming a confrontational attitude, she worked on the assumption that everything was OK. She'd often found that if you appeared confident and friendly, that was what you got in return.
Minh Quyen
 player, 188 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Thu 17 Apr 2008
at 10:26
Re: Subtle Russkies
Quyen grabs the smokes and pockets them away. She leaves the books for the others to collect. Picking up the second hen she tucks under her arm and follows Griet towards the door. Stopping for a moment and nodding a thanks to the one eyed dealer. Leaving the pawn shop she stands between Bayer and Griet, paying more attention to the hen than the Russians.
Dave 'Bones' Stoner
 player, 55 posts
 HM2 (E-5)
 US Navy
Thu 17 Apr 2008
at 11:00
Re: Burial prep
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
"Bones my friend, the pistol was ours to begin with, if he stole it then he shouldn't keep it."
Stechkin (21/21)


Oh, he didn't steal it, it was part of what we was issued when we came aboard. Those assclowns at that village where you picked us up took all our gear.


Dave
Makarov (concealed under shirt)
2 shovels
Looking for a burial site

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 672 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Thu 17 Apr 2008
at 11:55
Re: Burial prep
Dave 'Bones' Stoner:
Oh, he didn't steal it, it was part of what we was issued when we came aboard. Those assclowns at that village where you picked us up took all our gear.


"Oh in that case, no harm no foul. Leaving his boots is one thing, but a weapon? We're not Knights of the Middle Ages, to be buried with our swords to soldier for Christ in Heaven. May it keep you safe."

9mm Stechkin (21/21)

This message was last edited by the player at 11:56, Thu 17 Apr 2008.

Trevor 'Snowy' White
 player, 301 posts
 Australian
 Customs Service
Thu 17 Apr 2008
at 21:23
Re: Burial prep
Snowy cleaned his weapons and then stretched, sore and still a bit wobbly with adrenalin. He put his batteries on charge and dropped in to see how Tadeusz was doing. He crouches besides the older man's bunk and says quietly;
"You alright mate? You sure blew that bloke away, we'll be swabbing him off the roof. Lie still for a while and have a rest, we'll look after the old man for you. If you want anything, just give a shout . . . and no, you can't have a drink."

Stowing the 12 gauge, he goes up to the wheel house to see how Adam is doing. "How's it going mate? You look a bit shagged out, how about a bit of a rest? We'll look after the boat for you while we're tied up. I'm going to do some metalwork, but if you can sleep through it you might want to take the chance. I just popped in on Tadeusz, and even though I can't understand a thing he says I think he's going to be fine. I'll give the decks a good clean up and get everything tightening up when you're in your bunk."

Slinging his helmet off his belt, Snowy settles his blue ACS cap on his head and runs his palm over his unshaven jaw. Writing himself a mental IOU for a shower he heads down to the deck and looks over the wrecked craft for goodies. He's especially interested in maritime mounts for weapons and something to redo his bodgie job on the vasilek. While he's happy to continue to upgrade it the mount, he doesn't mind starting from scratch with a real mount either. The 23mm gun needs a protected mount as well and he never liked it stuck on the barge like that. As well as weapon mounts, armour and other military hardware, he'd really like to hook up an intercom system and is prepared to be more than a little creative; no telephone is safe near him when he's in this mood.
Jason Kasparov
 player, 167 posts
 Warrant Officer 1
 U.S. Army Blackhawk Pilot
Thu 17 Apr 2008
at 22:15
Re: Burial prep
Jason grabs the books and falls in line behind Minh. He silently curses himself for forgetting to ask about the sugar packets. Stepping into the doorway, he raises a book up, attempting to look non chalent as he glances at the Russians.

"What are you going to name her?" he asks.
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 669 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Fri 18 Apr 2008
at 00:44
Changing Shifts
Griet Niewiadomska:
Griet walked out of the shop with Bayer and walked toward the Russian with the highest rank, she looked up at him and smiled, "Good afternoon, my name is Griet Niewiadomska, I'm the trade delegate representing the Krakow ORMO. I have a meeting with your Commandant at Three O'Clock this afternoon and I'm curious to know what sort of a man he is, you seem interested in us, I don't blame you, I'd keep a close eye on anyone new in town too."


The Russians look somewhat bemused at being addressed by the diminutive yet assertive Polish military servicewoman. They snicker like schoolboys before the leader remembers his job and answers,

"Your friend can't be carrying that pistol around here. All weapons must be checked with the city guard. You'll get a receipt of course."

After Griet explains the fate of Jason's pistol, the guards relent, appearing somewhat disappointed at missing out on just cause for a good scrap. The shore party returns with their swag- and without further incident- to the moored Visla Krolowa.

Shortly before the shore party's arrival back at the pier, the local dock guard responds to Bones and Dawid's inquiry about the city cemetary.

"It's full up. There's a war on, in case you hadn't heard. You'll have to find someplace else to bury your friends. As for mortar rounds, the city guard has a few. You'll have to talk to someone higher up about that, though."

Snowy, scrounging around the workshops for useful scrap, finds all manner of items which, with a little work, could be integrated into the Krolowa's defenses.

[Private to Trevor 'Snowy' White: Let me know what you want and I'll tell you if it's available. Chances are good with all of the derelict vessels floating or laying about.]

Meanwhile, at the highway checkpoint just to the south of the city, Switek and Chopper, seemingly with little choice, consent to being disarmed and searched. Their personal weapons, as well as the Mk-19 AGl, are confiscated, and the pair are briefly detained, until a messenger from the city arrives with a note sent by some higher authority authorizing their passage into the city proper. A signed, handwritten receipt is provided by the officer of the watch, a small dark-haired Russian, for the confiscated weapons. Unarmed, Chopper and Switek remount the trike and head into the city, angling towards the river where the Krolowa is presumably parked.

Actions?

OOC: If the second shift wants to head into town, now's the time. If not, I can fast forward to the meeting. It's up to ya'll.
Dave 'Bones' Stoner
 player, 56 posts
 HM2 (E-5)
 US Navy
Fri 18 Apr 2008
at 01:51
Re: Changing Shifts
Cap'n Rae:
Shortly before the shore party's arrival back at the pier, the local dock guard responds to Bones and Dawid's inquiry about the city cemetary.

"It's full up. There's a war on, in case you hadn't heard. You'll have to find someplace else to bury your friends. As for mortar rounds, the city guard has a few. You'll have to talk to someone higher up about that, though."

There's a war on? The hell you say. Dave looks flabergasted. I must have missed it for all the dead bodies blocking my view. He turns to Dawid. How about across the river on that slight hill right there, pointing past the Krolowa. We can take them across in the rubber duckie.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 673 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Fri 18 Apr 2008
at 05:13
Re: Changing Shifts
Cap'n Rae:
Shortly before the shore party's arrival back at the pier, the local dock guard responds to Bones and Dawid's inquiry about the city cemetary.

"It's full up. There's a war on, in case you hadn't heard. You'll have to find someplace else to bury your friends. As for mortar rounds, the city guard has a few. You'll have to talk to someone higher up about that, though."


Dawid looked aggrieved.

"Please, have some compassion. This man, he was one of yours. A comrade. I heard you here were better than those bastards at Tarnobrzeg."

"At any rate, where could I find the city guard? That would be helpful indeed."


Stechkin
[Private to GM: Try a Persuasion check.]
Konrad Bayer
 player, 580 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Fri 18 Apr 2008
at 06:27
Re: Changing Shifts
On the way back to the tug, Bayer looks at Jason, "Next time you plan on not following the rules, I just want to know about it beforehand ja? For all I know, I could have been held responsible for any problems because of a weapon. You understand yes?"

Aboard the tug, Bayer places the hen he was carrying on the deck. "No sign of Chopper and the partizan yet?" he asks aloud. Looking at his watch he estimates the amount of time before their meeting. "We are back early, and have not yet met the leadership here for the meet. If you want to go on shore leave now, let it be known and don't go anywhere alone. The local militia seem to be be easily provoked into fighting."

This message was last edited by the player at 06:30, Fri 18 Apr 2008.

Jason Kasparov
 player, 168 posts
 Warrant Officer 1
 U.S. Army Blackhawk Pilot
Fri 18 Apr 2008
at 06:41
Re: Changing Shifts
Jason nods to Konrad. "Forgive me sir. I forgot I was even carrying it. Any action they would have taken, I would have accepted all responsibility for. My intentions were nothing of malice."

He looked at the hen. "I did put it to good use though, would you not agree?"
Konrad Bayer
 player, 581 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Fri 18 Apr 2008
at 07:03
Re: Changing Shifts
"Ja. Its no worry now, and it did come in use. I just want to know things ahead of time thats all. In any case, it's over now." Bayer replies to Jason.