Ch. 9: Sandomierz.   Posted by Cap'n Rae.Group: archive 0
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 695 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Tue 6 May 2008
at 02:30
The Exchange

A single UAZ pulls up to the docks and disgorges five militiamen, three Poles and two Russians. In appearance and deportment, they do not impress. But, one has a Soviet radio and it is soon apparent that this is the militia liaison. The others carry two crates of 82mm HE between them and, the liaison makes clear, will provide the tug with extra manpower in lieu of the Krolowa's departing ground team. The informal exchange completed, the UAZ, now carrying the Krolowa's detached personel, rushes to catch up to the milita company assembling on the east bank of the Vistula. Coms checks are completed and, once ground and river elements are operating on the same frequencies- both literally and figuratively- the combined attack force gets underway.

As the tug manouvers away from the dock, she feels lighter, quicker, more confident to employ an anthropomorphism. Her performance, once freed from the albatros that is the cargo barge, is much improved in all areas.

Anticipation begins to rise among the combined crew as the tugs' prow swings nimbly upstream towards Tarnobrzeg.

Actions?

OOC: Four of the NPCs will be available as "trigger pullers" to use as team sees fit. They are rated as Experienced NPCs. The fifth, a veteran, will need to be stationed on the bridge.

Please remember, the Vasilek, the bridge, and the aft Dushka position are now connected via a hard-line intercom system.

Jason Kasparov
 player, 188 posts
 Warrant Officer 1
 U.S. Army Blackhawk Pilot
Tue 6 May 2008
at 04:25
Re: Forward Gun Tub
Grasping his weapon Jason heads for the aft Dshuka and takes his position as lookout.

"Guess the game will have to wait," he replies to Rob. "lets just hope we live to play it."

Standing by the rail, he looks about, hoping to see a familiar face. Minh wasn't about and Mariusz was absent as well.  Hopefully I will die alone he thinks to himself rather than with someone I care for. He scratches his head wondering what ever became of Stanislaw.  Deciding to focus on his task, and not knowing if anyone is even manning the weapon he's spotting for, he checks his AK-74 and prepares for battle.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 702 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Tue 6 May 2008
at 04:43
Re: Forward Gun Tub
Dawid oversaw the offloading of the extra mortar rounds and their storage.

"Excellent, every bit helps!"

He addressed Anneka, "excuse me, I understand that you are busy, but when I passed on the Priest's recommendation to you and Konrad, I did not get a response from either of you."

"Also, I have made some reasonable recommendations, please give me your response."


He didn't look upset, just like he wasn't prepared to be overlooked in the hustle-and-bustle.

Dawid Piotrowski
Tantal + BG-15 (30/30 + 6 30rd mags, 1/1 HE + 6)
Stechkin (21/21)

Vasilek 5/5 HE, + 5 HE, 5 HEDP

2 AK-74 (40/40 + 1 40rd mag, + 12 30rd mags ea.)


[Private to GM: How many 82mm per case? In v2.2 it's 1 5-rd clip, in Paul Mulcahy's site it's 10 rounds per case.]

This message was last edited by the player at 05:52, Tue 06 May 2008.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 628 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Tue 6 May 2008
at 06:49
Re: Absolution and Advice
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
Is pulling out an option, whether or not the Commandant knows ahead of time?"</Blue>


"I am not interested in becoming involved in the politics between these two towns. I don't know for sure, but I don't think it is critical for these town to wage war on each other. It seems it ist more a power and expansionist thing to me. That said however, we need an ally... er... rather a haven we can rely on for repairs and provisions." Bayer answers, throwing on his heavy tac vest and Kevlar.

"Pulling out would eliminate our support here and add to those who wish to see us dead. We've already made enemies with T'berg... we mustn't cross everyone along the river... even those with questionable ethics." he says quietly.

"I can understand your hesitation Dawid, he wonders if he would feel that same if they were on the Rhine in Germany, "but I believe I can say truthfully that this needs to be done. Well... maybe not the war itself, but our participation at this point."

Fitting his helmet to his head he adds, "I remember... at the locks I believe... saying that I don't intend to fight everyone I come across on this river. I meant what I said then, and have not forgotten it. You and the priest may be 'right' but I believe unfortunately so am I."
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 377 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Tue 6 May 2008
at 13:04
Main Deck
Jason Kasparov:
Grasping his weapon Jason heads for the aft Dshuka and takes his position as lookout.

"Guess the game will have to wait," he replies to Rob. "lets just hope we live to play it."

Standing by the rail, he looks about, hoping to see a familiar face. Minh wasn't about and Mariusz was absent as well.  Hopefully I will die alone he thinks to himself rather than with someone I care for. He scratches his head wondering what ever became of Stanislaw.  Deciding to focus on his task, and not knowing if anyone is even manning the weapon he's spotting for, he checks his AK-74 and prepares for battle.
Tucker stands next to Jason, "Yeah, we'll certainly have to get a few games in when we get this over with.  See you when it's over Kasper!"

Tucker will then find Anneka and Bayer.  "I'm ready to go!"

Tucker
M-16A2 [27/30]/M-203 [HE]
Main Deck

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 222 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Tue 6 May 2008
at 13:07
Re: Main Deck
Mariusz sholdered his G3 and checked his gear once more. He moved down to Bayer and asked, "What next Boss?"
Konrad Bayer
 player, 629 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Tue 6 May 2008
at 13:30
Salvage Team
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker:
Tucker will then find Anneka and Bayer.  <DarkGreen>"I'm ready to go!"


Mariusz Tokarski:
Mariusz sholdered his G3 and checked his gear once more. He moved down to Bayer and asked, "What next Boss?"


Bayer nods to the two, "Right." Then turning to the doctor says, "Ja, we will be in radio contact. Call sign 'Vulture' seems to illustrate us well. See you after the battle."

He then leads the salvaging team onto the dock and into the idling UAZ. Taking the passenger seat he gives a friendly nod to the driver, before turning and facing Mariusz, "If he will... drop us off short of their main assault force, but keep a little distance. We are "observers" and not participating in the battle."

Cap'n Rae:
The informal exchange completed, the UAZ, now carrying the Krolowa's detached personel, rushes to catch up to the militia company assembling on the east bank of the Vistula.


Raising his field glasses he watches the militia fall into formation. "What a show ja, Sergeant Tucker? I seriously wonder how this is going to turn out." After a moment he scans over towards the direction of T'berg.

Speaking over his shoulder he says "Mariusz. Ask the fellow here if he has to be any place important in the next couple of hours... or may we hire him for the day? This vehicle can carry more than we can, and get us in and out quicker too."

Bayer
G36/HK69 (HE)
UAZ (Salvage Team)
Behind Sando Militia

This message was last edited by the player at 13:32, Tue 06 May 2008.

Anneka Soleblume
 player, 584 posts
 Major
 Israeli Medic
Tue 6 May 2008
at 13:44
Re: Absolution and Advice
Konrad Bayer:
"Doctor. As we are not needed to provide a FOO party, we also are unable to collect some of the war spoils as intended. Can you manage without three of us? Has Griet determined if there are reinforcements coming?" he asks Anneka.

"Yes," she replied.
"I've planned for You, Tucker and Mariusz to go ashore. If we get a few bodies from the ORMO, I think we might be able to spare one or two more in a pinch."
Although unhappy about it, she acknowledged that without a presence ashore, their chances at claiming a reasonable share of any spoils was limited.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
"Major, some considerations."

"I think that communications can be done over the telephone, as long as someone with a radio is on the other end of the line. If that's not enough, then Clarence should be stationed here, at the tug's critical weapons system."

"Second, the er, hover vehicle... it is only damaged, and could be back. Let us establish a warning code for the lookouts, so that when sounded I will know to reload the Vasilek with anti-vehicle rounds; we may have no time to lose. Perhaps three blasts on the tug's whistle, or a verbal code: "COSSACK"."

"Third, if we have anyone ashore to recover weapons and ammunition, I strongly recommend 82mm shells be top of the list. We know there are mortars there, it should be possible."

"Lastly, should it come to this, if it seems like the ORMO onboard (if any come) might try and take the boat, I will volunteer to enter the ammunition magazine below the Vasilek so that we may threaten to explode it if the tug is taken away."

"Thank you for your input. The idea of having a radio at your location is so that you do not have to wait for corrections to be relayed to you."
"Any fire called from the tug itself will be relayed to you either verbally or by phone."

"With the sounds of battle, I doubt any verbal code shouted from out of your line of sight will be heard. More likely you'll hear the vehicle itself first!"

"I agree with the 82mm preference, but that's something you'll need to take up with Hauptman Bayer. He's the one going ashore."
Somehow though she doubted that any would be found, at least any that the ORMO would be willing to give up as they were the ones carrying out the bulk of the fighting. Still, it never hurt to hope.

"I don't intend to allow unknown people into positions they can use against us. If in the unlikely event we do appear about to loose the tug, I'm sure most of us will already be dead. At that point, whoever is left I'm sure will do the right thing." Whatever that may be....
Dave 'Bones' Stoner:
Aye, aye, Ma'm. And may I suggest that you post yourself further forward, maybe even in the radio shack? I was thinking I could keep an eye on the crew from the rear upper deck, and you could watch forward, in case someone gets hit bad and needs our services.

"If only we had a radio shack," she sighed whistfully.
"No, I'll stay where I said. Casualty reports can be either phoned through or shouted as necessary."
If events unfolded as she expected, she'd probably be moving about the tug anyway, issuing new orders, and lending a hand wherever needed.
Cap'n Rae:
A single UAZ pulls up to the docks and disgorges five militiamen, three Poles and two Russians. In appearance and deportment, they do not impress. But, one has a Soviet radio and it is soon apparent that this is the militia liaison. The others carry two crates of 82mm HE between them and, the liaison makes clear, will provide the tug with extra manpower in lieu of the Krolowa's departing ground team.

"Hauptman Bayer! Do you need Stoner to go with you as a fourth?" she inquired as the five ORMO arrived.
"You," she spoke to the man with the radio. "You're to operate the second PKM forward of the bridge." As she knew from experience, he'd be able to effectively communicate with Adam from there while remain out of the crews way.
"You two, assist Plutunowy Piotrowski at the mortar."
"And you other two, report to Hicks on the aft deck."

With two medium machineguns in addition to the Mk-19, there was ample opportunity for him to utilise another two bodies.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:56, Tue 06 May 2008.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 630 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Tue 6 May 2008
at 13:51
Re: Absolution and Advice
Sitting in the passenger seat at the docks, he looks over at Stoner. Ahh, the hobo, he thought. "If you can manage without. He wishes to get a second pair of boots. He can also carry rifles I suppose. I am ok for him to come." he hollers back to the tug.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:52, Tue 06 May 2008.

Anneka Soleblume
 player, 585 posts
 Major
 Israeli Medic
Tue 6 May 2008
at 14:08
Re: Absolution and Advice
"Ok, you're going," she said, taking control of the AGS from Stoner.
"Do try to stay out of trouble and in one peice. Somebody aboard might miss you."
With Stoner leaving, operation of the AGS was probably going to be left in her hands. Having interviewed everyone extensively over the past week, she knew without looking at her notes that despite her hardly even having handled a grenade launcher since intial training back in Israel, she was possibly the best choice with everyone else assigned to duties more suited to their individual skills.
"Umm, Dawid," she said over the intercom after fiddling about with the weapon for nearly ten minutes. "Could you please come up here and show me the basics with the AGS?"

Anneka - upper deck, rear
AGS-17 + all spare 30mm ammo
F88/M203
6 mags 5.56 + remaining 40mm grenades (after Stoner takes a share)
HP-35 + 3 mags

OOC: Hmm, a lot of weaponry for a medic. Good thing most is laying on the deck and not actually carried!
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 378 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Tue 6 May 2008
at 14:14
Re: Salvage Team
Konrad Bayer:
He then leads the salvaging team onto the dock and into the idling UAZ. Taking the passenger seat he gives a friendly nod to the driver, before turning and facing Mariusz, "If he will... drop us off short of their main assault force, but keep a little distance. We are "observers" and not participating in the battle."

Cap'n Rae:
The informal exchange completed, the UAZ, now carrying the Krolowa's detached personel, rushes to catch up to the militia company assembling on the east bank of the Vistula.


Raising his field glasses he watches the militia fall into formation. "What a show ja, Sergeant Tucker? I seriously wonder how this is going to turn out." After a moment he scans over towards the direction of T'berg.

Speaking over his shoulder he says "Mariusz. Ask the fellow here if he has to be any place important in the next couple of hours... or may we hire him for the day? This vehicle can carry more than we can, and get us in and out quicker too."
Walking out onto the docks with the ground force, Tucker slings his own rifle, making sure it is on safe, and stands next to the UAZ next to the others.  He turns to Konrad, "Sure as hell is Cap'n!  I got to say this, at least they're organized and seem to know what the hell they're doin'!  Makes me feel a little better about being ashore with 'em.  Kind of nice to just be an observer for a change."
Minh Quyen
 player, 211 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Tue 6 May 2008
at 14:31
Bow
Quyen smiles and shakes her head at the mention of relaxing and playing cards. She'd spent most of her time in the rain grinding. Even a few hours later, she swears she can still hear the grinder working the steel.

Taking up her position next to the mortar, she gives a quick look over at the local support. Hmmph, she mutters quietly to herself. Quyen can feel the weight of her M9, holstered away. After digging out her AK74 she hid under her gear, she places it on the deck next to the mortar. She looks over the RPKs, not as a distrust towards Dawid though.

Quyen also confirmed the exact location of the HEDP ammo. If she is to change to that type of munition, chances are it will have to be in a hurry. As the tug heads back upriver, she stands up straight beside the Vasilek and digs out her smokes. One more before battle, another after, and one before bed, she rations them out in her head. After lighting it Quyen offers to share it with Dawid.

Minh Quyen
AK74 (28 rounds) - 10/12 Smokes
Vasilek Position
Getting in one quick smoke before the attack

This message was last edited by the player at 14:33, Tue 06 May 2008.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 703 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Tue 6 May 2008
at 16:30
Re: Absolution and Advice
Konrad Bayer:
Fitting his helmet to his head he adds, "I remember... at the locks I believe... saying that I don't intend to fight everyone I come across on this river. I meant what I said then, and have not forgotten it. You and the priest may be 'right' but I believe unfortunately so am I."


Dawid smiled.

"Thank you for seeking me out with your answer, my friend. You seemed quite busy and I was not sure you heard me at all."

"Of course, there are many ways to be right or wrong. One can be both right and wrong."


He held up one hand.

"Philosophically, Poles killing fellow Pole upsets me, and religiously speaking it's hard to classify this as a "just war"."

He held up the other.

"On one hand, I see advantages for the Government-in-Exile to have Sandomierz in control here. Secure travel and trade along the river is crucial, and while Sandomierz seems to understand that, our dealings with the hetman suggests to me he is less inclined towards the flexibility and compromise that will be needed for a long-term political solution or arrangement here. Indeed, he seeks to create a feudal empire! The use of conscripted labour here disturbs me, but at least the town's leader seeks to be inclined towards a degree of accountability to the people."

He let the first drop.

"However, I agree we have gone too far now to change course; so let us carry through on our part of the bargain as best we can, and pray for the future."

This message was last edited by the player at 17:16, Tue 06 May 2008.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 704 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Tue 6 May 2008
at 16:40
Re: Absolution and Advice
Anneka Soleblume:
"Thank you for your input. The idea of having a radio at your location is so that you do not have to wait for corrections to be relayed to you."
"Any fire called from the tug itself will be relayed to you either verbally or by phone."

"With the sounds of battle, I doubt any verbal code shouted from out of your line of sight will be heard. More likely you'll hear the vehicle itself first!"

"I agree with the 82mm preference, but that's something you'll need to take up with Hauptman Bayer. He's the one going ashore."
Somehow though she doubted that any would be found, at least any that the ORMO would be willing to give up as they were the ones carrying out the bulk of the fighting. Still, it never hurt to hope.

"I don't intend to allow unknown people into positions they can use against us. If in the unlikely event we do appear about to loose the tug, I'm sure most of us will already be dead. At that point, whoever is left I'm sure will do the right thing." Whatever that may be....


Dawid nodded.

"Good then.

"It is really quite late for me to be looking for a radio, not that I would be that familiar with your Western sets anyways! Should it come to the telephone line being cut or relayed instructions not sufficienct, then send Clarence down here to assist."

"Thank you for your time, Major."


Dawid decided not the push the issue about what the Priest had said earlier; while he was curious as to what Anneka's answer would be he'd already discussed the matter with Konrad.

He took the 2 ORMO assigned to this position in hand, sending one down into the ammo storage locker to hand up the extra munitions stored there, the other to assist Mihn in moving the gun and manning the RPK-74s nearby on the deck.
Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 173 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Tue 6 May 2008
at 16:44
Re: Absolution and Advice
Griet stood at her position, she had finished checking her weapon over and making sure that the belt would feed smoothly. She saw the shore party preparing themselves to go into the cauldron for loot. She knew that without weapons and ammo they would have little chance further downriver, but it saddened her to thing of men going bravely into danger for the sake of a few mortar rounds.

For all the arguing and inconsistensies, she thought, these were good people, not just willing to go along with her father's dreams but to die for them. She just hoped that no one had to die today. One day at a time and maybe, just maybe they'd make a happy ending out of the tragedy of Poland as it was.

She smiled, not one of these people thought they'd die today, each one the hero of their own little life. But all the little stories were caught up in the bigger one, and stories needed to feed, and stories ate people. Please, she thought to herself, make the story eat the guy who thinks he's in Apocalyse Now, there, the story of another good Pole stolen by the Americans, let's win this one back, she thought, today, let's feed the story another Kurz.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 705 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Tue 6 May 2008
at 16:57
Re: Bow
Minh Quyen:
Quyen also confirmed the exact location of the HEDP ammo. If she is to change to that type of munition, chances are it will have to be in a hurry. As the tug heads back upriver, she stands up straight beside the Vasilek and digs out her smokes. One more before battle, another after, and one before bed, she rations them out in her head. After lighting it Quyen offers to share it with Dawid.


He gratefully accepted it, took a long drag, handed it back.

"Thank you, my friend, that is better than my Ukrainian ones."

Looking between the RPK-74s, the Vasilek and the phone, he tried to fix them in his memory so that he could easily find them in the chaos of battle. He thought the ORMO might be a little iffy, but he knew Minh would be as solid and dependable as usual.

He indicated the SAWs sitting on their bipods nearby.

"Not that you require any advice, but should you man one of the "Ruchnoy Pulemyot Kalashnikovas", that is, those heavy Kalashninovs you see there, then fire them fully automatically and don't be shy. There is plenty of ammunition for both, each has 2 pouches of magazines. However, should you decide to fire your own rifle, then I suggest you take single, aimed shots."


quote:
The intercom rang. "Umm, Dawid, could you please come up here and show me the basics with the AGS?"

Dawid sighed, taking a last drag from the cigarette. "Here, have another. I must go. Keep an eye on things here, eh?" He gave her one of the horrible fags cut with sawdust and then left to see what Anneka needed.

He arrived at the AGS-17's position.

"Hello again, Major!"

"These devices are quite simple. You pull the fabric belt from the cannister here, then insert there. Pull the chain to cock it..."
Carefully, he explained the care and feeding of the AGS-17 Plamya Grenade Launcher.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:18, Tue 06 May 2008.

Dave 'Bones' Stoner
 player, 80 posts
 HM2 (E-5)
 US Navy
Tue 6 May 2008
at 21:17
Re: Absolution and Advice
Anneka Soleblume:
"Ok, you're going," she said, taking control of the AGS from Stoner.
"Do try to stay out of trouble and in one peice. Somebody aboard might miss you."


Hoooyah! Loot-n-pillage time. Ya'll need help, just yell. Tug shouldn't be so far out I can't swim. With that he, he jumps over the gunwhales to the dock and jogs to the shore party.

Hey guys. You call for a doc?
Dave
Shore party
AK-74, 6 mags
BG-15, 6 he, 1 illum
aid bag

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 696 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Thu 8 May 2008
at 02:51
Advance to Contact

The ground column and the tug head south, the Krolowa lagging somewhat behind the APCs and trucks of the militia main force. It's probably just as well since the tower of smoke spewed by the tug as she pushes towards top speed would no doubt tip off the IPAT to the Sandomierz forces' approach.

From the upper superstructure of the tug, a reminder of the previous day's action comes into view. The blackened shell of the IPAT Humvee "technical" sits forlorn, roughly 30m from the riverbank, and surrounded by a ring of burnt turf.

At a little over 1km from the outskirts of Tarnobrzeg, as the ground column reaches its jumping-off point and begins splitting into its various attack and support elements, the enemy reveals his vigilance. This innitial IPAT response, although not wholly unexpected, is still surprisingly sharp and violent.

Almost without warning, a 120mm HE rounds detonates on the blacktop, creating casualties and sewing momentary panic and confusion among the Sandomierz platoons preparing to continue the advance along the road. An additional three heavy mortar rounds drop on and around the road adding to the carnage and chaos. Konrad, Tucker, Mariusz, and Stoner quickly un-ass their ride (the UAZ that picked them up at the dock) and burry themselves in the damp earth. The concussion of the big mortar rounds washes over them and globs of mud and hunks of turf rain down from the overcast sky. The screams of wounded begin to blare out from all around. About 20m ahead, in the middle of the road, a URAL truck begins to burn.

One of the units tasked to advance parallel to the road, on its inland side, open fire (at extreme long range) on a position about 200m down the road. Apparently, they've spotted the enemy OP and are taking it under fire.

The Krolowa arrives as the first of the mortar rounds begins to fall. From her perch on the bridge roof, Anneka can see a small IPAT team- presumably the group who called down the mortar fire mission) withdrawing down the road along the shallow drainage just off its shoulder (they are about 300m distant and moving away from the tug as fast as their feet can carry them). It's doubtful that they can be seen from ground level (those on the companionways may see the tops of their heads every couple of seconds).

The battle for Tarnobrzeg has begun.

Actions?

OOC: I'm doing the best I can to interpret and stay faithful to McCoy's plan. Honestly, with all of the acronyms, it's over my head. Law isn't available to help me, so I'm kind of winging it. But, no plan survives contact with the enemy so we're going to have to do a little improvising here. If I make any mistakes in the plan's execution, I blame them on the relative poor quality of the Sandomierz troops, most of whom hail from category 3 divisions or the rear echelons of such.

Dawid, let's say the two crates each contain two 5-round clips, for 20 rounds total of 82mm HE.

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:54, Thu 08 May 2008.

Jason Kasparov
 player, 189 posts
 Warrant Officer 1
 U.S. Army Blackhawk Pilot
Thu 8 May 2008
at 05:02
Re: Advance to Contact
"Son of a bitch," Jason exclaims, watching the first few rounds crashing down into the troops. "Its a goddamn slaughter."

Unable to do anything but watch, Jason shakes his head at the carnage and knows that the ship is in for one hell of a fight.
Dave 'Bones' Stoner
 player, 81 posts
 HM2 (E-5)
 US Navy
Thu 8 May 2008
at 11:16
Re: Advance to Contact
"Shit", Dave yells as he hits the ground and dives into the ditch paralelling the road. He looks forward, judging the incoming fire. He's torn between staying put and moving forward to do something, anything. Either help the wounded or add his grenade launcher to the fire on the OP.

"Fuck it", he mutters to himself. He starts a low crawl toward the burning truck with the intent of helping some of the soldiers.

Dave
shore party
AK-74, 6 mags
BG-15, 6 he, 1 illum
aid bag

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 223 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Thu 8 May 2008
at 11:20
Re: Advance to Contact
Maruusz lay fully prone as hell burst around him and pointed his rifle in the general direction of the enemy. He yelled out, "I'll cover for anyone who wants to move forward!"

His eyes focusing through the sights and out to the land in front of him he strained to find any enemy soldiers that might fire on his companions if they chose to advance.

He yelled at the UAZ driver, "Get out of the vechicle and take cover!"
Maruisz
G3 20/20
Lying prone and on overwatch
First shot aimed then 19 rounds suppressive fire

This message was last edited by the player at 11:56, Thu 08 May 2008.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 379 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Thu 8 May 2008
at 16:14
Re: Advance to Contact
Tucker was actually enjoying the ride to T-Berg when he heard the sounds of the first mortar round begin to fall on the road.  He follows suit with his companions in the UAZ and head for some cover, grabbing whatever gear he has with him.  He slides into the nearest piece of cover and gets low, burrying his head in the soft ground as the rounds hit and they're covered with mud and who knows what else what...

Robert picks his head up to survey the damage done by the mortar rounds and makes sures his companions are OK.  He looks over at Konrad and the others (depending on where they are) and yelss out, "SO MUCH FOR JUST BEING FUCKING OBSERVERS!  WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO KONRAD?"  Tucker gets his grenade launcher ready to fire on the OP if needed.

Tucker
M-16A2 [27/30]/M-203 [HE]
Getting grenade launcher ready to fire and trying to keep low
Konrad Bayer
 player, 632 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Thu 8 May 2008
at 16:55
Re: Advance to Contact
Lying prone, Bayer scans the ground ahead of the party. He doesn't object to Stoner, but hopes the man stays in sight. He didn't want to have to go chasing after him. Not amongst the violence and confusion which was occuring on the Sando militia. "Stay in place!" he yells to the two others near him.

Looking over his shoulder he checks to make sure the Pole didn't drive off with the UAZ... the main reason he didn't want them to move ahead. "If you have a shot, take it. But hold this position... its still not our fight. Patience men, wait to see what the Militia does next" If the Sando militia broke and ran... and they moved up ahead, they would be committed and on their own. That, and the UAZ kept him fixed in place.

He wondered if he was going to hear the Krolowa behind him begin its first salvo.

Bayer
G36/HK69 (HE)
Prone with shore party
Waiting to see the Militia's response

Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 174 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Fri 9 May 2008
at 06:14
Aboard the boat.
Griet cursed silently as the carefully laid plans began to fall apart. She gripped her gun and kept wel behind her gunshield. She called out, "Keep your eyes peeled for snipers. If they have scouts and Forward Observers out, they may haev snipers out too!"
Anneka Soleblume
 player, 590 posts
 Major
 Israeli Medic
Sat 10 May 2008
at 15:44
Re: Aboard the boat.
At least they weren't aiming for the tug, were Anneka's first thoughts.
"Milk," she yelled in between explosions.
"Spot for Hicks."
Located on the main deck, there was no chance of a direct line of sight to the enemy forward observers. As it was, only those on the bridge, a couple of metres higher than her own location, were likely to have a decent view of the action.
"First though, ask Adam to swing the tug around for a broadside."
She should have planned better and had the intercom handset moved to her position a few yards further forward....
Checking the AGS was ready for firing, she pointed the stubby barrel in the direction she'd seen movement, and waited until she had a clear shot.

Anneka
AGS-17
Issuing instructions through Milk to Adam
Requesting Milk spot for Hicks
Readying to fire single grenade at target of opportunity