Ch. 12: Zwolen.   Posted by Cap'n Rae.Group: 0
Jan Cerny
 player, 73 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Fri 24 Oct 2008
at 23:32
Re: Coming and Going
Covering the prisoners, wounded and otherwise, Jan watches for any sign of resistance.
Pointing to one of the cowering POW's he barks out a command. "No Mariusz, give the first aid kit to him. He will bind the wounds. I want you up and watching."
Looking at the prisoner he indicated he speaks up again, "You will bind his wound, you will not do anything else. Do you understand? Do as we say and you live."
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 374 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sat 25 Oct 2008
at 09:10
Re: Coming and Going
Mariusz nodded and gave the kit over to one of the prisoners, he was likely to do more harm than good with it anyway, hopefully the prisoner would be more skilled, Mariusz could hardly imagine him being any worse.

He took his pistol out once more and continued to watch the prisoners.
Dave 'Bones' Stoner
 player, 211 posts
 HM2 (E-5)
 US Navy
Sat 25 Oct 2008
at 11:14
Re: Coming and Going
As the irate black man brushes past Anneka, Dave quickly swings the butt of his rifle at the man. "Motherfucker", he says under his breath.

Dave
At the boats
AK-74, 5 full mags, 1 empty
BG-15, 6 HE, 1 Illum
Aid bag

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 981 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 25 Oct 2008
at 18:55
Collapse

Base Camp

As Adam and Walter look on aghast, Latrell attempts to flee. Stoner steps in and takes a swing at the panicked man with the butt of his rifle. Latrell sidesteps the blow and runs off into the darkness, leaving Anneka, Stoner, and the others stunned and appalled at the new man's sudden and ignominious departure. Despite the unexpected setback, the Ural trike and the two man-powered bicycles are now fully loaded and ready to roll.


Garage

Inside the garage, Tucker [NPCed] gathers up the handful of keys from the counter top, peaking over it to see the corpse of the naked, AK wielding man, a neat red hole leaking a thin trail of blood in the center of his forehead. Behind the counter is an open door, in all likelihood leading to a back office of some sort. It is not entirely clear to Tucker which keys correspond to which vehicles.

Mariusz hands over his medkit to one of the rapidly sobering prisoners. The man clumsily starts to bind his wounded comrade's bleeding leg wound. This seems to calm the distraught man somewhat. Mariusz and Jan cover the others, still scattered about on the floor, almost underfoot.

Atop the garage, Sam [NPCed] cracks a sadistic smile as he observes the chaos that he's created at the northern checkpoint. Two wounded men lay screaming on or near the roadbed, their two unwounded comrades cowering in the roadside checkpoint bunker several meters away. With the checkpoint effectively neutralized, Sam conserves ammo. He begins to scan to the east, up the road into town, watching for any approaching reinforcements from the town's waking garrison.

Mortar Pit

With the mortar crew pinned down a hundred meters from their post, Dawid, in a noble but somewhat suicidal gesture, stands up and begins shouting demands for the garrison troops' surrender. As Minh continues snapping off single shots from her RPK, Milk is preparing to fire a grenade into the midst of the huddled mortarmen when one of them responds to Dawid's entreaty. Even the non-native Polish speakers immediately understand what the man is shouting,

"We surrender! We surrender! Stop shooting! Stop shooting!"

Support Group

With the southwestern checkpoint destroyed and the mortar position secured, the support group's raison de etre is gone. The next likeliest threat will be from  reinforements rushing to the garage from the town center. Such a threat could best be addressed from closer to the garage itself. During the last minute or so, Griet has succeeded in removing the feed tray and clearing the jam from the PKM. The belt is re-fed, the feed tray closed, and the Soviet LMG is once again ready to fire.

Actions?

OOC: Milk and Minh have each fired 10 shots in their effort to keep the mortar crew pinned down. Sam has fired twice. Alexei three times. Jason has fired 2 40mm HE grenades. Griet has fired 5 rounds from Dawid's PKM. Tucker has fired three burst of 5 shots. Jan has fired 5 shots. Mariusz has fired once. Folks, please update your personal ammo expenditures on your char-sheets. Thanks.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:35, Sat 25 Oct 2008.

Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 293 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Sat 25 Oct 2008
at 20:19
Re: Collapse
Finally the finicky little pop-gun was ready to fire again, Griet shouldered the weapon and spoke to the Kaptain, "I'm ready for action again, Sir. What do you want me to do?"

Until she recieved orders that told her to do something different, she covered Dawid with the PKMG.

Griet
PKMG 90/100
Covering Dawid and awaiting orders.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 375 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sat 25 Oct 2008
at 20:23
Re: Collapse
Mariusz, covering the prisoners with his Colt clutched in both fists, looked over at Tucker, "Check if the keys are labelled, they usually do that with fleet vehicles, although these may be so well-known that they didn't bother."

Mariusz
M1911 7/7
G3 20/20
Covering the prisoners and kibbutzing happily

Jan Cerny
 player, 74 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Sat 25 Oct 2008
at 20:37
Re: Collapse
Pointing to one of the uninjured prisoners Jan directs his movements. "You, I want you to keep your hands on top of your head. Slowly scoot over aginst the wall and lean back against it. Do not stand up. I want you against the wal sitting with your hands on top of your head."
Pointing at the other uninjured prisoners he adds, "Once he is against the wall I want the rest of you to move over as well, one by one. Keep your hands on top of your head and slide over to the wall and lean against it. Do it now. Do as we say and you will not be harmed."
As the prisoners move over towards the wall Jan keeps them covered.
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 511 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Mon 27 Oct 2008
at 03:08
Re: Collapse
Cap'n Rae:
Garage

Inside the garage, Tucker [NPCed] gathers up the handful of keys from the counter top, peaking over it to see the corpse of the naked, AK wielding man, a neat red hole leaking a thin trail of blood in the center of his forehead. Behind the counter is an open door, in all likelihood leading to a back office of some sort. It is not entirely clear to Tucker which keys correspond to which vehicles.

Mariusz hands over his medkit to one of the rapidly sobering prisoners. The man clumsily starts to bind his wounded comrade's bleeding leg wound. This seems to calm the distraught man somewhat. Mariusz and Jan cover the others, still scattered about on the floor, almost underfoot.

Actions?

OOC: Milk and Minh have each fired 10 shots in their effort to keep the mortar crew pinned down. Sam has fired twice. Alexei three times. Jason has fired 2 40mm HE grenades. Griet has fired 5 rounds from Dawid's PKM. Tucker has fired three burst of 5 shots. Jan has fired 5 shots. Mariusz has fired once. Folks, please update your personal ammo expenditures on your char-sheets. Thanks.
Tucker takes a look at the keys and throws them over to Mariusz.  "Ask them what keys work in what vehicles or we start killing more of them," Tucker says to the young man as he picks up the dead man's AK and moving towards the back office.

Tucker
Silenced Skorpion 21/20
Moving towards the back room
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 931 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Mon 27 Oct 2008
at 05:16
Re: Collapse
Standing up again, Dawid yelled towards the mortar pit and beyond them the surrendering soldiers, knowing Milk at least had a good grasp of the language.

"Everyone, stop firing! Cease firing!"

"You, soldiers, lay down your weapons and stand up, hands behind your heads! They turn around and face away!"


He started off running again, in their direction.


Stechkin (21/21 + 2 magazines)
RPG-76, 2 Frags, 2 Smokers, 2 Flares
Standing up, yelling, then moving forward.


EDIT ADDED: Tac-block, actions.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:40, Tue 28 Oct 2008.

Minh Quyen
 player, 313 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Mon 27 Oct 2008
at 09:11
Re: Collapse
Quyen relaxes her grip on the automatic rifle and peers over the lip of the mortar pit. She lowers the butt keeping the barrel resting on the bipod. "Milk, you ok?" she asks out of habit, following combat.

OOC - RPK74 was previously (still is?) a unit weapon. Rae, do you take care of the ammo for it?

This message was last edited by the player at 09:11, Mon 27 Oct 2008.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 376 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Mon 27 Oct 2008
at 11:11
Re: Collapse
Mariusz caught the keys and squatted down next to one of the prisoners, "Which keys start which vehicles, make it quick man and we'll be out of here before anything bad can happen to you all. Think about it, if anyone attacks us here, you'll die with us. This way we're gone and you're safe. So, which is which?"
Konrad Bayer
 player, 825 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Mon 27 Oct 2008
at 12:38
Re: Collapse
Bayer could hear Griet's inability to remedy the uncooperative gun's stoppage. Giving her just another moment of effort, he toggles his radio, "Milk, Sunray. Listen, I'm leaving you Quyen and Dawid. Secure those enemy and setup a PW collection point. Anchor your defense around that mortar and prepare to repulse a counterattack. I'm moving ahead to the objective with the remainder of support. Understood? Over."

Giving a glance to the SW checkpoint he calls loud enough for them to hear, "Kasparov, Griet! Prepare to move... 30 seconds on me. We're moving up to occupy the motor pool." then more quietly (and encouraging) he adds, "Get that gun ready Griet. I need you ready." Her voice, reassuring the weapon's readiness follows a moment later. "Well done."

Allowing Milk to reply and for Jason and Griet to get ready to move, Bayer will wait a few more seconds. Then, waving his two support companions forward he will run to the compound.

Bayer
Support Group
Coordinating the consolidation
G36/HK (HE)

This message was last edited by the player at 12:40, Mon 27 Oct 2008.

Anneka Soleblume
 player, 821 posts
 Major
 Israeli Medic
Mon 27 Oct 2008
at 12:47
Re: Collapse
A little stunned Hawkins chose to return to captivity rather than attempt to head for home, Anneka missed her chance to trip the man up and make him see sense.
Looking into the darkness after him, she shrugged, accepting his decision while feeling his "escape" back into captivity would lead to problems in the days to come.
"Adam, can you push the motorcycle please? Walter, you and I will take charge of the bicycles and Stoner, I'd like you to lead the way please."
She hated having the injured man do anything, but at least she could spare him the hardest work.
"We'll take it slow I think and help each other if the ground gets difficult."
Not like they had much choice. The motorcycle should be relatively easy to move by Adam, provided there was a decent track to follow. Of course starting up the engine would solve any serious mobility issues, but would also draw the enemies attention directly to them. Added in none in the small group had admitted to prior experience with two wheeled vehicles and pushing was definately the prefered option.
Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 294 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Mon 27 Oct 2008
at 13:20
Re: Collapse
Griet nodded and smiled briefly at the Kaptain, "Thanks, Sir." she replied as she got to her feet and hefted the mass of useless metal that puported to be a machine gun. She steadied her load and began to run for the motor pool.
Dave 'Bones' Stoner
 player, 212 posts
 HM2 (E-5)
 US Navy
Tue 28 Oct 2008
at 02:02
Re: Collapse
Dave stares at the retreating Latrell, then gives a sheepish grin and shrug, as if to say I can't believe I missed.

A bigger grin appears and he replies to Anneka "I live to serve".

He grabs a full magazine from the pile to replace the empty he's been carrying around for days and takes off into the darkness. He pauses every three or four steps and swivels his head, taking in the sounds and using his peripheral vision. He doesn't expect any enemy contact since the forward elements have already passed through, but habits are hard to break, and there's always the possibility someone has moved in behind the lead elements.


Dave
At the boats
AK-74, 6 full mags, 1 empty
BG-15, 6 HE, 1 Illum
Aid bag

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 983 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Wed 29 Oct 2008
at 00:24
Waking Up the Neighbors

Garage

Tucker grabs the dead man's AK and walks through the open door into the back office. It is a small, cramped room dominated by a proper desk scattered with all kinds of clerical odds and ends. On the desk is a large Warsaw Pact radio military radio set.

While Jan covers the living, one of the more sober prisoners shows Mariusz which keys correspond to the motor pool's small fleet of operational trucks. The party has several choices of transportation. One set of keys starts the big KAMAZ 6x6 gun-truck parked just outside the motor pool fence, one is for the Ural 6x6 ARV tow-truck in the yard, one is for a Tarpan-Honker squad carrier, and the last key starts the captured M151 Jeep parked right outside the office.

As Konrad, Jason, Griet, and Ondar arrive in the motor pool yard, they notice a man crawling east along the road into town, his pale legs portruding from a dark great coat.

Looking east down the road, the party sees the glowing eyes of a pair of vehicle headlamps approaching from the town. The lights wink out as vehicle stops near a pair of buildings flanking the road, about 200m from the garage.

Mortar Pit

As Dawid rushes forward towards the mortar pit, his countrymen remain prone. Milk and Minh continue to cover them, ready to pour on the fire at the first sign of aggressive behavior.

Cargo Convoy

With Stoner on point, the convoy of two-wheeled vehicles heads west, pushing their heavy burdens towards the road running west along the southern margin of town. Travelling any distance with the cargo laden bicyles across country is incredibly difficult. Arriving at the road, it gets easier. The group follows the road, parallel to the canal through which the rest of the party travelled earlier. They are spotted almost immediately. In the windows of a couple of the houses bordering the road/canal, heads drop below the sills as those in the party turn their heads to face their watchers. Fortunately, it appears that those watchers are unarmed civilians. Up ahead, however, approximately 200m down the road, Stoner can see the checkpoint on the road running south of the town.

Actions
Alexei Ondar
 player, 37 posts
 Starshiy Praporshchik
 Ex-GRU/Spetznaz
Wed 29 Oct 2008
at 01:33
Junkyard
Ondar hustles toward the junkyard and immediately spots the wounded man dragging himself half dressed through the gutter to the east.  The Russian trooper braces himself against the hood of an American-made WWII-era jeep and prepares to put the poor sod out of his misery when his attention is diverted toward the headlights now oncoming from beyond his intended target.  He quickly adjusts to this new dynamic and switches to cover the driver's side of the stopped vehicle.  It appears to be parked only a couple hundred meters from his position at the yard, but his optics effectivey quarter that distance.  He attempts to identify the vehicle through the darkness and assesses whether its occupants bear hostile intent.  Either way, he stands ready to respond with his finger on the trigger.



[Ondar]
Junkyard
SVU-AS (7/10)
Covering to the east

Dave 'Bones' Stoner
 player, 214 posts
 HM2 (E-5)
 US Navy
Wed 29 Oct 2008
at 03:42
On the road again
Dave blows a quick kiss to the disappearing faces then raises his left hand, fisted in the near universal sign for stop. He fades back to the little convoy and approaches Anneka.

"Checkpoint ahead. Is that the one they were supposed to clear?" he asks in a low pitched voice. Whether it's the head wound bothering him, or the drama with that Latrell character, Dave just can't for the life of him remember what route the advance parties took.

Dave
on the road
AK-74, 6 full mags, 1 empty
BG-15, 6 HE, 1 Illum
Aid bag

Konrad Bayer
 player, 826 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Wed 29 Oct 2008
at 07:31
Re: On the road again
Bayer points to the wounded man in the great coat with his rifle, "Kasparov, ensure he is not a threat. Then go get a look at that weapon." (indicating the gun truck). "Griet, go with him and setup the machine gun near that vehicle. Get where you have eyes on the north checkpoint. Stay in contact with each other and keep an eye on the west too... I'll be back."

Agreeing with the direction Ondar chose to cover, he says before entering the motor pool, "Shout out what we are facing Ondar."

Announcing his arrival to prevent getting gunned down by the assault team he calls ahead of him, "Friendly coming in. Sergeant Tucker? Situation? We are expecting a counter attack at any moment... where's our transportation?" He looks around to visually gather the events occurring within. Bayer also gives a rapid head count of his companions to assess for any unreported casualties.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:32, Wed 29 Oct 2008.

Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 295 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Wed 29 Oct 2008
at 10:22
Re: On the road again
Griet headed over to the Gun Truck and set up the machinegun to cover the areas that the Kaptain had suggested. She waited, alert for any threats, hoping that they'd be ready to move soon.
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 377 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Wed 29 Oct 2008
at 10:34
Re: On the road again
Mariusz checked he knew which set of keys was which and then went over to Jan, "OK, I know which keys are which, shall I go around and put the keys in the vehicles? That way we can take what we need and disable the rest."
Minh Quyen
 player, 314 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Wed 29 Oct 2008
at 12:39
Re: On the road again
"I can handle the PWs if you want to cover me and the approaches." Quyen says to Milk (assuming he passed on Bayer's orders). Waving a hand she beckons the demoralized soldiers forward, "Come. Walk." she says in her limited Polish, then again in English. She knew just the basics of what was needed for herding PWs.

When they approach to about 25 meters she halts them with firm orders, then orders them to lie on the ground. Leaving the RPK she emerges from the mortar pit, armed with only her M9. Using hand gestures, broken Polish, or outright manhandling when necessary, she arranges all of the soldiers face down on the ground in a line.

She then goes through her usual procedures. When the men interlock their fingers over the back of their heads, she uses her own hand to grip around them (applying just a small amount of pressure would cause the leverage to either be painful or enough to break their fingers - if they were uncooperative and needed to be subdued). She also places one knee in the small of their back and would give rough jabs as well (if needed). Her free hand rapidly inspects their bodies for weapons - she avoids any modesty and without pause checks their groin area too. While conducting the searches she ensures she keeps out of the direct line between Milk and the prisoners.

After they are all checked and she is sure they are unarmed she herds them off to the side of the mortar pit and clear of Milk's eastern arcs. She arranges them so they cannot communicate, and makes an example of anyone who attempts. If there are any officers she will segregate them from the rest off to the side. In the past she'd sometimes did the same with NCOs but had little respect for PACT NCO leverage they may have on the men, so she left them intermingled... they were short prisoner security anyways.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:44, Wed 29 Oct 2008.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 932 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 29 Oct 2008
at 16:10
Re: On the road again
Seeing the mortar crew still laying down, Dawid stopped and looked at them with their NVGs.

Instructing them loudly, he continued in Polish.

"HEY, ALL OF YOU. LEAVE YOUR WEAPONS ON THE GROUND. STAND UP NOW, AND IF YOU HAVE A RADIO WITH YOU THEN BRING IT. YOU HAVE 3 SECONDS TO COMPLY. 3... 2... 1..."

He stood his ground, looking through the monochrome green display at where the prone men are.


Stechkin (21/21 + 2 magazines)
2 frags, 2 smoke, 1 RPG-76
Calling for the conscripts to stand up

This message was last edited by the player at 16:12, Wed 29 Oct 2008.

Jan Cerny
 player, 75 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Wed 29 Oct 2008
at 17:15
Re: On the road again
After getting the prisoners roughly sorted and positioned against the wall where they can be covered more easyly Jan looks teme over to make sure they do not look too inclined to resist. Once they are settled he looks over to the one that gave the info on the keys and asks,
"Your fuel stores, where are they and of what kind? "

When he hears Konrad announce himself he responds,
"It is clear, my friend, come in. We have secured the mootorpool and identified which vehicles are working. Our young friend is sorting them  while we deal with the  prisoners."

Jan
In the motor pool
guarding prisoners and asking questions
PM-84 20/25 3 spare mags
AK74 slung

This message was last edited by the player at 17:17, Wed 29 Oct 2008.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 512 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Wed 29 Oct 2008
at 19:25
Re: Waking Up the Neighbors
Cap'n Rae:
Garage

Tucker grabs the dead man's AK and walks through the open door into the back office. It is a small, cramped room dominated by a proper desk scattered with all kinds of clerical odds and ends. On the desk is a large Warsaw Pact radio military radio set.

Actions
Tucker quickly slings the captured AK and walks over to the radio to see if it is portable.  He also quickly stuffs the other the clerical odda nad ends into his pockets or ruck (whatever is quicker or practical). Testing it, he tries to lift it and if it is fairly light, he will bring it out of the back room.

Tucker
Slung weapons
Checking out PACT radio