Ch. 12: Zwolen.   Posted by Cap'n Rae.Group: 0
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 919 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 15 Oct 2008
at 17:07
Re: Close Calls
Dawid didn't hear any clang or clatter from the motor pool, but he heard the bang of the suppressed rifle shot. However, the sound was shunted out to the sides, and there was no flash, so he doubted anyone would really be panicked yet. Espectially as the local Conscripts would be unfamiliar with sound and frankly unsuspecting of a commando-style attack originating to their rear from the town!

He and Griet were in the depression on the right side of the road, covering the building. As someone else was designated to cover the closest OP on their left, they might as well be as personally well-protected as possible from attack from that quarter so they could concentrate on the target.

Dawid sighed. At 500m the buildings were too far away to see using NVGs, which had a useful range of 300m. So he flipped them up on his helmet and tried to let his eyes adjust to the darkness. He knew there was a mortar pit ahead and to the right, and dearly wished he could be there to make good use of it.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw Konrad raise his hand, and hoped if they opened fire no friendlies would be in the way. It was impossible to tell at this range and he trusted Konrad would give the signal at the right time.

He considered that if the danger of friendly fire was too great, he did have hand-launched flares that could provide useful light, but that would only be in the most extreme situation.


PKM GPMG (100/100 + 1 belt)
Stechkin (21/21) 2 Hand Grenades
To the right of the road, aiming at the motor pool

This message was last edited by the player at 17:09, Wed 15 Oct 2008.

Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 287 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Wed 15 Oct 2008
at 17:53
Re: Close Calls
Griet lay close to Dawid, her spare can placed where Dawid could easily reach it. She looked into the darkness toward the motorpool and kept aiming at a section between the garage and the gun truck.

Griet
Tantal 30/30
Aiming

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 972 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Thu 16 Oct 2008
at 03:14
Wake Up Call

Sam races up the ladder to the roof, headless of the noise that the alluminum ladder makes bouncing up and down on the lip of the garage roof. He crawls up onto the flat, concrete roof and moves quickly towards the ring of sandbags, drawing his silenced SOCOM pistol as he does so. Sliding over the top of the revetment, he lands heavily on the wounded sentry. A neat, dark hole surrounded by a spreading, glistening stain is set just below the man's sternum. The man half moans, half coughs as Sam's weight pushes down on his already punctured lung. Sam presses his pistol's silencer firmly against the man's forehead and dispassionately ends his agony. Slipping his pistol back into its holster, he sets his long gun atop the sandbags and sights on the northern checkpoint, a larger position located at the crossroads of the main west and northbound roads leading into Zwolen. Two of the guards there are standing outside the sandbagged walls of their bunker, staring right back at Sam. Inside the bunker, a third man holds a telephone receiver to his ear while a forth continues to look north, leaning over a PKM machine gun.

Down below, Tucker leans to one side and looks through the broad glass window. It's hard to see much of anything since the moon-lit exterior of the room is brighter than the pitch black interior. If anything, Tucker has nicely sillouetted himself for anyone who happens to be looking out of the window from the inside. Cursing the waste of of a couple of precious seconds of quickly diminishing surprise, Tucker gives Mariusz the signal and the boy duly pulls the handle of the door. It opens easily and noiselessly. Tucker swings around the corner and steps through the open doorway, followed a second later by Jan.

At their feet, a mess of bedding laid is out on the floor. A large, L-shaped counter dominates the far right corner of the room. Before it, a half dozen men  are stirring under their blankets. Two of the motor pool crew, clad only in their undergarments, are scrambling to their feet and a ninth is already up, leaping buck naked over the counter.

The sound of shuifting bed linens, groggy moans, and confused inquiries is overwhelmed by a sudden buzzing sound which continues intermittently. Its instantly recognizable to Jan and Tucker as the sound made by a field telephone's ringer.

Outside and down the road, the support team watches the southwestern sentries as the two men continue to puzzle over the goings on at the motor pool building to their north. The pair looks back and forth between the garage and each other, and the muffled sound of their puzzled voices carries choppily over to the watching support team. Finally, after several seconds of debate, and seemingly satisfied that nothing is amiss, the two sentries return to their uninspired vigil watching the road angling off to the southwest.

In the mortar pit to the east, Minh struggles to adjust the bearing of the heavy 120mm mortar's tube so that it points towards the southwest checkpoint. It's tough going, especially for the wounded MP working by herself with a weapon usually crewed by four or five people. She finally succeeds in adjusting the barrel so that it points roughly in the desired direction, but with her lack of experience and the wide burst radius of the mortar's powerful 120mm HE bombs, any attempt to shell the position may very well result in friendly casualties. As Minh begins to shift the heavy HE mortar bombs to a more accessible spot, Clarence chimes in from his position at the eastern edge of the pit,

"Minh, quit messing around with that thing and help me watch the group's right flank."

Actions?
Latrell Hawkins
 NPC, 4 posts
 Specialist
 U.S. 5th ID "red-leg"
Thu 16 Oct 2008
at 03:24
In the Rear with the Gear

Latrell appears increasingly nervous as time goes by. Leaning over his RPK-74, he watches his assigned sector, jumping at the slightest sound. His demeanor suggests that he may open up into the surrounding darkness with the RPK-74 at any moment. When he speaks, his uncomfortably loud voice quavers noticeably.

"What the fuck is takin' them so long, man? Shit, I should'a stayed at the farm. What the hell am I doing here? What the hell was I thinkin'? I must be some kinda damn fool!"
Alexei Ondar
 player, 28 posts
 Starshiy Praporshchik
 Ex-GRU/Spetznaz
Thu 16 Oct 2008
at 06:59
Re: Wake Up Call
Finger still on the trigger, Ondar continues to diligently observe the two sentries manning the southwest checkpoint.  If they attempt to participate in the unfolding skirmish in even the slightest fashion, the Tuvan sharpshooter stands ready to drill either man straight through his soft palette.



[Ondar]
Main body's left flank
SVU-AS (10/10)
Covering SW

Dave 'Bones' Stoner
 player, 207 posts
 HM2 (E-5)
 US Navy
Thu 16 Oct 2008
at 08:33
Re: In the Rear with the Gear
Latrell Hawkins:
Latrell appears increasingly nervous as time goes by. Leaning over his RPK-74, he watches his assigned sector, jumping at the slightest sound. His demeanor suggests that he may open up into the surrounding darkness with the RPK-74 at any moment. When he speaks, his uncomfortably loud voice quavers noticeably.

"What the fuck is takin' them so long, man? Shit, I should'a stayed at the farm. What the hell am I doing here? What the hell was I thinkin'? I must be some kinda damn fool!"


"Dude, not so loud" Dave pitches his voice to carry the few meters seperating them. "You want to wake up Ivan? We're doing good, no noise means no probs."

Dave
Guarding boats
Ak-74, 5 loaded mags, 1 empty
BG-15, 6 HE, 1 Illum
Aid bag

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 920 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Thu 16 Oct 2008
at 09:20
Re: In the Rear with the Gear
"Wait here."

As the sentries lost interest in their general direction, Dawid qui9etly slithered over to Konrad.

He whispered, "Konrad, I can do little good here. I can't bring the target under fire with the machinegun without endangering our own people. Anyone can suppress the closer checkpoint."

"I should be at that 120mm mortar. With it I can bring both checkpoints, and even the town, under accurate fire with spotters.  It's the best weapon we have under our control, and without any false modesty I am the best we have to man it, including handling the 15-kilo shells and a 120-kilo tube.

"The checkpoint guards are distracted and don't seem to have night-vision. Leaving the PKM here for you, I and maybe Griet could be there shortly."



Stechkin (21/21 + 2 magazines)
(PKM with Griet)
2 Fragmentation Grenades

Moving and talking to Konrad

This message was last edited by the player at 14:36, Fri 17 Oct 2008.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 507 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Thu 16 Oct 2008
at 16:24
Re: Wake Up Call
Cap'n Rae:
Down below, Tucker leans to one side and looks through the broad glass window. It's hard to see much of anything since the moon-lit exterior of the room is brighter than the pitch black interior. If anything, Tucker has nicely sillouetted himself for anyone who happens to be looking out of the window from the inside. Cursing the waste of of a couple of precious seconds of quickly diminishing surprise, Tucker gives Mariusz the signal and the boy duly pulls the handle of the door. It opens easily and noiselessly. Tucker swings around the corner and steps through the open doorway, followed a second later by Jan.

At their feet, a mess of bedding laid is out on the floor. A large, L-shaped counter dominates the far right corner of the room. Before it, a half dozen men  are stirring under their blankets. Two of the motor pool crew, clad only in their undergarments, are scrambling to their feet and a ninth is already up, leaping buck naked over the counter.

The sound of shifting bed linens, groggy moans, and confused inquiries is overwhelmed by a sudden buzzing sound which continues intermittently. Its instantly recognizable to Jan and Tucker as the sound made by a field telephone's ringer.

Actions?

Tucker turns the corner and enters the room on the left-hand side, bringing the Skorpion up so it is ready to fire at any targets that present themselves.  "A flashbang or a frag would've made this a lot easier then this is going to be," goes through Robert's head as he sees at least three possible targets as immediate threats to him and Jan.  Tucker doesn't say anything and opens fire on the two motor pool crew in their skivvies, firing a burst at them.

Tucker
Silenced Skorpion Machine-Pistol
Firing burst at the two motor pool guys getting up

OOC: What's the recoil on the Skorpion?  I don't have my books with me...
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 368 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Thu 16 Oct 2008
at 18:11
Re: Wake Up Call
Mariusz stayed outside, making sure no one crept up and surprised the two assaulters. He winced as he saw Tuck firing and the two soldiers, the gun was silenced so he called into the room, trying to pitch his voice enough to be heard but quietly enough not to carry too far, he spoke in clear Polish "Stay on the floor, face the ground and keep your hands on your heads, try to fight and you'll all die! For the love of Christ, Stay down!"

He hoped to save some of his countrymen from an ignominious death but if they didn't listen there would be little he could do to help them. He gripped his rifle tightly and watched his team's backs.

Mariusz
G3 20/20
Covering outside the door of the Garage

This message was last edited by the player at 18:14, Thu 16 Oct 2008.

Jan Cerny
 player, 71 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Fri 17 Oct 2008
at 13:11
Re: Wake Up Call
Jan follows Tucker into the room and goes to the left. Scanning the room for targets he sees the men on the floor in the beedding and discounts them for now but the one going over the counter appears to be trying to reach a weapon or phone. Pointing his Glauberyt at him he fires a  burst from it at the man.
In a low voice he hisses in Polish to the men on the floor, "Face down! Move and die! Face down and hands on head!"



Jan
PM-84-silenced 20/25
3 spare mags
AK-74:BG slung 30/30/1HE
6 spare mags/9HE
In the room by the door
Shooting teh man by the counter

This message was last edited by the player at 13:23, Fri 17 Oct 2008.

Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 288 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Fri 17 Oct 2008
at 17:59
Re: Wake Up Call
Griet held her position and kept aiming awaiting any change in instructions or circumstances. Her palms were sweaty despite the chill in the air and the long cold immersion she'd undergone. Whatever was going to happen, she hoped it would happen soon. She also hoped she would live to see the other side of it, but that was another matter.
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 973 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Fri 17 Oct 2008
at 20:32
Blood Moon

Tuck fires a long burst from the silenced Skorpion at two of the groggy gaggle of mechanics foolish, confused, or brave enough to have risen to their feet. The man on the left skips as three 9mm rounds tear into his unprotected flesh, crumpling to the floor as the third and final bullet pierces his heart. The man on the left screams and falls heavily on his behind next to his dead comrade, grasping the bullet wound in his bare thigh.

Jan, having to curl around the open door and step out from behind Konrad, arrives too late to shoot the nude, leaping man. He is however just in time to engage the foolhardy man as he stands up from behing the counter wielding an AKMS. The naked mechanic pulls the trigger a split second too late, taking Jan's full burst at close range. The sound of bullets striking wood, plaster, and flesh in quick succession create a nauseating sonic meddly, overwhelmed a split second later by the ear-splitting bark of a full-powered rifle being fired indoors. Rounds smack into the wall and ceiling just above Jan and Tucker's heads, showering them in bits of white plaster. The man behind the counter falls backwards, his head hitting the wall behind him with a sickening thud, leaving a bloody smear running down the white background.

All but one of the other mechanics are cowering on the floor in their bedclothes. The lone exception- the nearest of those still on the floor- lashes out in desperation, grabbing at Tucker's legs in an attempt to bring him to the ground. All the while, the phone behind the L-shaped counter continues to buzz urgently.

Right outside the open doorway, Mariusz is startled and not a little appalled at the sounds of the carnage being perpetrated on the other side of the threshold. He is startled further as a man lunges out of the open garage just a few meters away, running hard for the town. The man's greatcoat billows out behind him, revealing bare feet and legs underneath.

Atop the garage roof, Sam McCoy feels as well as hears the sound of gunfire from inside the garage below. Through his rifle scope, he sees the four men at the northern crossroads checkpoint jump at the sound. They yell and gesticulate wildly, seemingly unsure of how to respond to the obvious crisis brewing just a few hundred meters away. Two of the men grab rifles and begin walking reluctantly towards the garage.

The two sentries at the southwestern checkpoint start at the sound of muffled gunfire reverberating into the night. One of the men half stands and peers through the moonlit darkness towards the garage, rifle held at the high ready. The other looks back and forth nervously between the garage and the road that he is obliged to guard.

Actions?

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:37, Fri 17 Oct 2008.

Clarence Milk
 NPC, 185 posts
 Chief Warrant Officer 2
 U.S. Army Special Forces
Fri 17 Oct 2008
at 20:37
Mortar Pit

The devil fools with the best laid plans...

The sound of gunfire splits the stillness of the night. Clarence doesn't bother to whisper any more.

"Minh, we could be havin' company real damn soon."

Clarence Milk
In the mortar pit, facing east
AK-74 (30/30); BG-15 (1/7)
Covering the eastern approaches to the pit and garage

This message was last edited by the player at 20:47, Fri 17 Oct 2008.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 369 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Fri 17 Oct 2008
at 20:43
Re: Mortar Pit
Mariusz grimaced, he could only imagine the carnage ensuing inside the garage office and he was about to add to it. He braced himself and centred the big German rifle on the middle of the fleeing man's back. He breathed in and prepared to fire.

Mariusz
G3 20/20
Aiming at the fleeing soldier

Sam McCoy
 player, 111 posts
 MSGT
 10th SFG ODA 011
Fri 17 Oct 2008
at 20:56
Garage Roof
[NPCed]

Through the scope of the rifle propped atop the sandbagged parapet of his commandeered rooftop OP, Sam watches the two sentries slowly approach the garage from the northwestern checkpoint. Realizing the importance of keeping them at a distance, he doesn't wait for them to come any closer. At about 250m, Sam pulls the trigger, sending a single 7.62mm steel-jacketed bullet at the trailing man.

As the rifle bucks, he recenters the aiming reticle, ready to fire again if his first target is still standing. If he hits the man with the first shot, he'll focus his attention on the other sentry, doing the same unto him.

Sam McCoy
Garage roof
M-25 (18/20); SOCOM (9/10)
Aimed shot at trailing sentry

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 509 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Fri 17 Oct 2008
at 21:41
Re: Blood Moon
Cap'n Rae:
Tuck fires a long burst from the silenced Skorpion at two of the groggy gaggle of mechanics foolish, confused, or brave enough to have risen to their feet. The man on the left skips as three 9mm rounds tear into his unprotected flesh, crumpling to the floor as the third and final bullet pierces his heart. The man on the left screams and falls heavily on his behind next to his dead comrade, grasping the bullet wound in his bare thigh.

Jan, having to curl around the open door and step out from behind Konrad, arrives too late to shoot the nude, leaping man. He is however just in time to engage the foolhardy man as he stands up from behing the counter wielding an AKMS. The naked mechanic pulls the trigger a split second too late, taking Jan's full burst at close range. The sound of bullets striking wood, plaster, and flesh in quick succession create a nauseating sonic meddly, overwhelmed a split second later by the ear-splitting bark of a full-powered rifle being fired indoors. Rounds smack into the wall and ceiling just above Jan and Tucker's heads, showering them in bits of white plaster.

All but one of the other mechanics are cowering on the floor in their bedclothes. The lone exception- the nearest of those still on the floor- lashes out in desperation, grabbing at Tucker's legs in an attempt to bring him to the ground. All the while, the phone behind the L-shaped counter continues to buzz urgently.

Actions?
Tucker begins to duck down when he hears the AKMS open up at him and Jan inside the building.  Plaster showers down on him as he tries to now react to the threat grabbing his legs and trying to bring him down to the ground.  With the burst of the AK ripping into the night, Tucker calls out to Mariusz as the near naked figure charges out the door into the night, "MARIUSZ DROP THAT FUCKER!"

If the mechanic already has a hold of his legs, Robert will push the Skorpion down at the struggling man and fire a burst into his body where ever he can.  If he is not on him, he will attempt to bring a knee to the man to keep him at bay from getting on him thinking head would be the best but, I'm not trying to call a shot).

Tucker
Silenced Skorpion (15/20)
Firing into the mechanic at his legs or using knee to keep him at bay
Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 289 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Sat 18 Oct 2008
at 08:39
Re: Blood Moon
Griet kept up a frantic overwatch on the gun truck, it was unmanned at present and she wanted it to stay that way, the AA guns could really ruin their night.

Griet
Tantal 30/30
Covering the GunTruck

Alexei Ondar
 player, 29 posts
 Starshiy Praporshchik
 Ex-GRU/Spetznaz
Sun 19 Oct 2008
at 00:31
Re: Blood Moon
Ondar continues to observe the checkpoint sentries, focusing his scope on the one with rifle at ready.  He will not risk revealing his position while their attention is still diverted to the garage compound.  If one of them makes an overt hostile movement to engage, however, Ondar stands ready to end him.



[Ondar]
Main body's left flank
SVU-AS (10/10)
Covering SW checkpoint

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 924 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sun 19 Oct 2008
at 01:41
Re: Blood Moon
Hearing a rattle of distinctive Kalashnikov fire coming from the motor pool, Dawid knew time was quickly running out.

He spoke clearly and quietly. "Konrad, I respectfully ask that you let Milk know Griet and I are moving to their position. If you please, sir?"


PKM GPMG (100/100 + 1 spare belt)
Stechkin (21/21 + 2 spare magazines) 2 grenades, 2 flares
Support position 300m S of Motor Pool
Talking to Konrad

Konrad Bayer
 player, 822 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Sun 19 Oct 2008
at 03:57
Re: Blood Moon
"Ok. Go. Leave the gun, listen for Milk to relay firing requests." he replies watching the compound for targets. "Griet man it for the moment." Not wanting to diminish the group's reserve he says, "Milk, Sunray. Send Quyen to my location. One friendly moving to you now. Out".

Without looking away from the compound he says, "Kasparov, any targets? If we have to move to a new position, I need you to cover our rear."
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 925 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sun 19 Oct 2008
at 05:24
Re: Blood Moon
In reply to Konrad Bayer (msg #192):

"Thank you, Konrad."

Resisting the urge to salute, Dawid turned to Griet, divesting himself of the ammo can with the spare belt. That left her with 2 spare belts in cans and the case with 5 more belts. Enough ammunition to cause some damage!

"Good luck Griet, the machingun is yours, do not fire unless directed."

Unburdened, he flipped down his night-vision goggles and moved quickly towards the mortar pit, his destination. He wasn't too afraid of the conscripts several hundreds of metres behind him, it would take minutes for them to get their bearings in the darkness.


Stechkin (21/21 + 2 spare magazines) 2 grenades, 2 flares
300m S of Motor Pool
Moving East

This message was last edited by the player at 13:34, Sun 19 Oct 2008.

Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 290 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Sun 19 Oct 2008
at 07:30
Re: Blood Moon
Griet nodded grimly at Dawid as he left, shouldered her Tantal and took over the machinegun. She nestled the stock into her shoulder and took up overwatch on the garage complex once more.

Griet
PK MG 100/100 (2 spare cans, 5 spare belts)
Covering the motor pool

Minh Quyen
 player, 311 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Sun 19 Oct 2008
at 17:41
Re: Mortar Pit
Clarence Milk:
"Minh, we could be havin' company real damn soon."


Setting the bipod legs on the parapet she says, "I'm ready."

RPK74 (40)
Mortar pit with Milk
Waiting

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 975 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sun 19 Oct 2008
at 21:43
In the Light

From the garage roof, Sam takes the soldiers approaching from the northwestern checkpoint under fire. The trailing soldiers doubles over, gut shot, and falls to the pavement. The leading soldier whinces at the sound of the bullet cracking past him, hesitates for a second, and leaps into the depression alongside the road, still in full view of the watching SF sniper. The pair's companions duck further behind the sandbagged wall of their roadside position, and the man on the field telephone starts shouting into the handset almost loud enough for Sam to make out what he's saying.

From right outside the garage's front entrance, Mariusz draws a bead on the running man. Aiming low to compensate for the recoil of the 7.62mm battle rifle, Mariusz watches with a mixture of satisfaction and dismay as his first shot strikes the man in the right hamstring area, immediately buckling his leg and sending him sprawling into the mud of the repair yard's front lot. The report of the G3 rifle seems to carry for miles.

Inside the building, a lone holdout struggles furiously to bring Tucker to the floor. The desperate man has both arms wrapped around Tucker's thighs, and is attempting to twist and drag Tucker off of his feet. Tucker places the the tip of the Skorpion's silencer between the man's shoulders and pulls the trigger. Five rounds tear through the man's torso. Several of the rounds pass through the man's body, one lodging itself just inches from Tucker's booted foot. The mortally wounded collapses to the floor to lay twitching in a pool of his own blood.

Six other men cower on the floor, either raising their hands or using them to cover their heads, some pleading for their lives. Three men lie dead, and yet another, whimpering loudly, is wounded in the leg. The garage office stinks of axle grease, cheap hooch, unwashed bodies, blood, and gunsmoke.

Three-hundred meters down the road, Dawid sets out for the mortar pit. With a whoosh and a pop, a parachute flare is launched from the southwestern checkpoint. The flare blazes brilliantly overhead, casting an unearthly light over the open filed. Dawid drops to the damp turf but he'd already been spotted. One of the two sentries props his RPK atop the back wall of his little bunker and begins firing wildly in the general direction of the support group. Green tracers zip overhead, some skipping low off of the convex curve of the road. It's hopeful and innefective fire, directed at an area target rather than being aimed at any particular individual.

In the mortar pit, Clarence had just advised Minh of the movement order when the flare ignited, casting long, rapidly shifting shadows over the newly christened battlefield. Green tracers follow shortly thereafter, sizzling high and wide of the mortar position. From a buidling to the east of the mortar pit, the sound of shouting alerts the two trespassers that the mortar crew has been roused from its slumber.

Back at the equipment lager, the distant sound of automatic gunfire reaches Stoner, Anneka, and Latrell.

Actions?

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:45, Sun 19 Oct 2008.

Jason Kasparov
 player, 309 posts
 Warrant Officer 1
 U.S. Army Blackhawk Pilot
Sun 19 Oct 2008
at 22:37
Re: In the Light
With bullets spanging off the road surface to his right, but none coming any closer than that, Jason props up the barrels of the over/under weapons, bringing the muzzle of the M203 to the estimated angle to land a grenade on top of the sentry post.  Taking a breath and exhaling halfway, he pulls the launcher's trigger, sending 40mm death downrange.  Or so he hopes...

Jason K.
Southern flank of main body
F88 GLA [30/30; grenade expended]
Firing HE at SW outpost