Ch. 12: Zwolen.   Posted by Cap'n Rae.Group: 0
Alexei Ondar
 player, 30 posts
 Starshiy Praporshchik
 Ex-GRU/Spetznaz
Mon 20 Oct 2008
at 03:54
Re: In the Light
Ondar watches through the 4x magnification of his tritium-illuminated rifle scope as the sentry at the southwest checkpoint opens fire.  Holding his ground and standing fast against the stream of oncoming tracer fire, Ondar braces his weapon, zeros in on the bridge of the sentry's nose and squeezes the trigger.



[Ondar]
Main body's left flank
SVU-AS (9/10)
Ending a sentry

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 926 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Mon 20 Oct 2008
at 16:22
Re: In the Light
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #196):

Fulling expecting this under the circumstances, Dawid tried to remain calm.

A bullet whizzed by over his head, un-aimed shots spraying into the darkness. The flare would just as easily show the attackers as he.

In a few seconds someone, possibly Griet with the GPMG, would suppress the position and he could continue. He looked around for any cover or concealment, even a bush or fold in the earth.


Stechkin (21/21)
2 RGD-5, 2 RGD-2, 2 Flares, 1 RPG-76 (keep forgetting!)
looking for and/or crawling to cover

This message was last edited by the player at 09:03, Tue 21 Oct 2008.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 371 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Tue 21 Oct 2008
at 18:32
Re: In the Light
As the night errupted with bright light, Mariusz frowned, his mark was down and the big round was bound to have done a lot of damage, he called in to the garage, "My target is down but not dead, what do you want me to do?"

When he was a partisan, he would have shot the man without compunction, for the Cause, now he was a freebooter, his conscience was nagging at him.
Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 291 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Tue 21 Oct 2008
at 18:35
Re: In the Light
Griet saw Dawid caught in the flare and switched the PKMG from covering the guntruck to trying to cover Dawid. She set the bipod down, shouldered the weapon and started to spray bullets at the bunker. She hoped either someone was covering the guntruck or that no one would man it against them. The 23mm shells would get a lot of them real dead, real quick otherwise.

Griet
PKMG 100/100
Suppressive fire on the bunker that's pinning Dawid

Konrad Bayer
 player, 823 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Tue 21 Oct 2008
at 19:58
Re: In the Light
Bayer turns his attention away from the compound and eyes the SW checkpoint. Clicking the transmit switch on his radio he says, "Knife, send sitrep. Over." They were on the clock now, and he needed to know if things were progressing in the yard or if he needed to prepare a fighting withdraw. "Milk, two rounds HE on the southwest checkpoint." he adds into the mic.

Bayer
G36/HK69 (20/30) (HE)
Communicating via radio

This message was last edited by the player at 19:59, Tue 21 Oct 2008.

Anneka Soleblume
 player, 818 posts
 Major
 Israeli Medic
Wed 22 Oct 2008
at 01:35
Re: In the Light
"We'd better get the boats unloaded and try moving forward," Anneka said after monitoring the radio for a few minutes.
"Sounds like the AGLs might be needed shortly and I think we're a little out of range back here."
Cutting the distance they had to move to link up with vehicles would probably be a good idea also as it sounded as if the locals were getting angry....
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 977 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Wed 22 Oct 2008
at 01:39
Fireworks Display
As the flair slowly descends, swinging beneath its tiny parachute, Alexei, Jason, and Griet all open up on the Southwest bunker. Alexei's shot apparently misses, being as the near panicked gunner continues to spray bullets wildly in the general direction of the support group. The 40mm grenade from Jason's M203 sails long, bursting in a spray of angry sparks just long of the bunker. The first bullet of Griet's long burst, a tracer, impacts low into the sandbag wall of the bunker while a subsequent tracer (the fourth bullet in the burst) sails high. This forth bullet is also the last, the fifth cartridge jamming inside the loading tray. The end result of this ferocious barrage is a pause in the enemy fire. The respite lasts only a couple of seconds, as both the RPK gunner and his companion reopen their fusilade on the support group.

East of the mortar pit, a group of a half dozen soldiers exits a building bordering the open field and begins running headlong across the 200m or so separating their billet from their post- the very position currently occupied by Milk and Minh.

From atop the garage, Sam steadies his aim on the second exposed sentry. The unfortunate man's companions continue to stay low within the relative safety of their sandbagged bunker. The stranded sentry begins to crawl backwards towards the imagined safety of his post.

Inside the garage, chaos reigns. Overwhelmed by the sound and the fury of the carnage they have just wrought, Tucker and Jan hesitate. The men cowering in their blankets on the floor continue to beg for mercy. Their wounded companion continues to whimper and moan.

Neither Mariusz nor Konrad receive a reply from the building entry team. The man that Mariusz winged lies in the mud of the yard, crying out in obvious pain.

Actions?

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:58, Wed 22 Oct 2008.

Latrell Hawkins
 NPC, 5 posts
 Specialist
 U.S. 5th ID "red-leg"
Wed 22 Oct 2008
at 01:45
Back at Base
Anneka Soleblume:
"We'd better get the boats unloaded and try moving forward," Anneka said after monitoring the radio for a few minutes.
"Sounds like the AGLs might be needed shortly and I think we're a little out of range back here."
Cutting the distance they had to move to link up with vehicles would probably be a good idea also as it sounded as if the locals were getting angry....


Latrell is clearly in panic mode. His voice is shrill and wavering as he responds,

"Are you crazy? Advance? The whole town is gonna be awake soon. How we gonna get from here to there without being seen? Your friends said it's like five klicks to that motor pool! Aint no way we can carry all that shit! This is all kinds of fucked up!"

He gives the impression that he's going to break and run at any moment.
Sam McCoy
 player, 112 posts
 MSGT
 10th SFG ODA 011
Wed 22 Oct 2008
at 01:55
Garrage Roof
[NPCed]

Sam takes his time, lining up a shot on the slowly retreating sentry in the roadside ditch. He aligns his crosshairs center mass, takes a deep breath in, releases it half-way, and squeezes the trigger.


Sam McCoy
M25 (17/20)
Trying to keep the folks at the northern checkpoint pinned down

Alexei Ondar
 player, 34 posts
 Starshiy Praporshchik
 Ex-GRU/Spetznaz
Wed 22 Oct 2008
at 02:07
Re: Fireworks Display
Ondar calmly realigns his sight picture and fires another two rounds at the RPK gunner.



[Ondar]
Main body's left flank
SVU-AS (7/10)
Trying again

This message was last edited by the player at 02:20, Wed 22 Oct 2008.

Jason Kasparov
 player, 311 posts
 Warrant Officer 1
 U.S. Army Blackhawk Pilot
Wed 22 Oct 2008
at 02:46
Re: Fireworks Display
"Damn!" Jason mutters as his first grenade explodes long.  He opens the breach of the M203 and removes the spent casing, then pulls another HE round from his webbing and slips it into the breach.  Returning the rifle to his shoulder, he adjusts the angle and takes aim again.

Jason K.
South/left flank of main body
Prone at east side of road
F88 GLA [30/30; HE]
Reloading M203 and taking aim

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 928 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 22 Oct 2008
at 05:58
Re: Fireworks Display
Figuring it would be safer once the flare burned out, Dawid continued to hug the dirt and look for cover and concealment.

He also hoped someone remembered to cut the phone lines outside town!


Stechkin (21/21)
2 RGD-5, 2 RGD-2, 2 Flares, 1 RPG-76 (keep forgetting!)
Still looking for and/or crawling to cover

This message was last edited by the player at 06:00, Wed 22 Oct 2008.

Minh Quyen
 player, 312 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Wed 22 Oct 2008
at 16:43
Re: Fireworks Display
"I'm engaging." she says to Milk. Steadying the RPK into her shoulder she fires three quick rounds at the center man (of the group approaching from the billet). She hadn't heard Bayer (over the radio) and wasn't yet aware of the fire request from Milk.

Quyen
RPK74 (40)
Mortar pit with Milk
Firing 3 rounds using the bipod

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 510 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Wed 22 Oct 2008
at 20:40
Re: Fireworks Display
Cap'n Rae:
Inside the building, a lone holdout struggles furiously to bring Tucker to the floor. The desperate man has both arms wrapped around Tucker's thighs, and is attempting to twist and drag Tucker off of his feet. Tucker places the the tip of the Skorpion's silencer between the man's shoulders and pulls the trigger. Five rounds tear through the man's torso. Several of the rounds pass through the man's body, one lodging itself just inches from Tucker's booted foot. The mortally wounded collapses to the floor to lay twitching in a pool of his own blood.

Six other men cower on the floor, either raising their hands or using them to cover their heads, some pleading for their lives. Three men lie dead, and yet another, whimpering loudly, is wounded in the leg. The garage office stinks of axle grease, cheap hooch, unwashed bodies, blood, and gunsmoke.

(Still) Inside the garage, chaos reigns. Overwhelmed by the sound and the fury of the carnage they have just wrought, Tucker and Jan hesitate. The men cowering in their blankets on the floor continue to beg for mercy. Their wounded companion continues to whimper and moan.

Neither Mariusz nor Konrad receive a reply from the building entry team. The man that Mariusz winged lies in the mud of the yard, crying out in obvious pain.

Actions?
Tucker uses his knees to push the dead body away from him and move away from the pooling blood from it's torso.  He keeps the Skorpion pointed towards the other men laying on the floor in various state's of panic and yells out to Mariusz and Jan.  "Clear Left!  Jan, cover these guys.  MARIUSZ!  Get yer ass in here," Robert says as he begins to switch out the half expended machine-pistol magazine and drop it into one of his pockets, and inserting a fresh one into the mag well.  Once Mariusz gets in here he turns to him and tells him, "Tell them to shut the fuck up now and they'll make it through this OK.  Also tell them we want the keys to the vehicles we need and we want them now!"

If there is time this round, Tucker will finally get a chance to answer the radio call to the recon team from Konrad. "This is Knife.  Building secured.  Zero-Three Tango's KIA, zero-one WIA, zero-six EPW's.  Over," he says into the handset as he watches what's goin on inside the room.

Tucker
Silenced Skorpion (21/20)
Making calls

OOC: Once again, sorry for my delay... and, the recon element is still 'Knife' coirrect?

This message was last edited by the player at 23:40, Wed 22 Oct 2008.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 372 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Wed 22 Oct 2008
at 20:54
Re: Fireworks Display
Mariusz heard the call and backed into the room. He stood up fully and kept his rifle covering the men cowering on the floor. He shouldered his rifle and pulled out the heavy American pistol before squatting again, "Listen all of you. Stay down and don't try anything stupid. These Americans are devils, but they play fair. Co-operate and you'll live. Screw with them and you'll follow your comrades in death."

He looked down at the conscript nearest him, "We want the keys to all the working vehicles and we want them now. You will get up and show them where they are. Then you will show them where the fuel, tools and any other equipment is kept. Do it quickly and do it well if you value your life, the quicker it's done, the sooner we're gone."

He fixed the frightened man with his pale gray eyes, "Trust me on this, I'm not decieving you, play by our rules and you have a chance of growing old and playing with your grandkids. That is my word of honour."

Mariusz
M1911 7/7
Talking to a prisoner

This message was last edited by the player at 20:56, Wed 22 Oct 2008.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 978 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Wed 22 Oct 2008
at 23:03
Re: In the Light
Konrad Bayer:
"Milk, two rounds HE on the southwest checkpoint." he adds into the mic.


Clarence, noting the expected approach of the mortar's crew, replies quickly into the radio handset,

"Negative, Sunray. We have six hostiles inbound from the east. Am engaging with small arms NOW!"

With that he drops the handset, tucks the stock of his AK into his shoulder, and starts squeezing off single shots at the oncoming soldiers, working from left to right across the cluster.

Clarence Milk
Mortar Pit
AK-74 (30/30); BG-15 (1/7 HE)
Firing single shots, left to right

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:03, Thu 23 Oct 2008.

Dave 'Bones' Stoner
 player, 208 posts
 HM2 (E-5)
 US Navy
Thu 23 Oct 2008
at 00:22
At the boats.
Dave hears the growing cacophony of combat and grows concerned about his friends. When Latrell mouths off, Dave looks him in the eyes and says in a flat voice "Latrell, the lady says we move forward. You need to buck up and do as she says. I'll take point and clear out the bad guys for you, you help carry the grenade launcher."

Dave
At the boats
AK-74, 5 full mags, 1 empty
BG-15, 6 HE, 1 Illum
Aid bag
Anneka Soleblume
 player, 819 posts
 Major
 Israeli Medic
Thu 23 Oct 2008
at 02:03
The boats
Anneka was tired.

The time aboard the tug had proven far more stressful than they'd expected and had led to them now being chased across Poland by Soviet Spetznaz! Rest hadn't been anywhere near as plentiful as she'd hoped, and certainly wouldn't be common in the days and weeks ahead either.

She growled as she stalked purposefuly toward the panicked man. Her diminuative figure halted and her hand swung up and around to impact in a stinging slap on the man's cheek.

"Hawkins! I'm not about to take any crap from you or anyone else. We are unloading the boats and moving forward."

She knew better than anyone how much had to be shifted, having overseen the packing and loading of the three "vehicles" they had at their immediate disposal. Even with everyone's packs, the five of them should still be able to move the approximate half tonne a mile or so to a closer rendezvous point.

"Stoner, keep watch." Her eyes remained fixed on Hawkins as she spoke.
"Get the motorbike out first, and ensure the mark 19 is in place on the sidecar, ready for use. The bicycles once the motorbike is ready."
"Adam, I suggest slashing the boats and sinking them. I don't think we can take them and they're an unmissable connection between the Krolowa and us."

Dave 'Bones' Stoner
 player, 209 posts
 HM2 (E-5)
 US Navy
Thu 23 Oct 2008
at 10:48
Re: The boats
Anneka Soleblume:
"Stoner, keep watch."


"Aye, Ma'am." Dave hesitates just a second to see of Latrell is going to reack violently to the dimuntive doctor's slap.

If there's no indication of forthcoming violence, he'll turn and do as she says, if Latrell looks jumpy, Dave will jump right in.

Dave
At the boats
AK-74, 5 full mags, 1 empty
BG-15, 6 HE, 1 Illum
Aid bag

Konrad Bayer
 player, 824 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Thu 23 Oct 2008
at 22:32
Re: The boats
Bayer had depressed the transmit switch for only a second, before he heard the gunfire break out from the mortar pit. "Roger, out." Glancing back to the motor pool he adds into the radio, "Knife, Sunray. Roger. Send eta on extraction over." As he speaks, Bayer angles himself to face the SW checkpoint, anticipating to add a shot from his own 40mm.
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 979 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Fri 24 Oct 2008
at 02:17
Coming and Going

Alexei fires twice and, through his rifle sight, watches his target (the RPK gunner) fall backwards behind the sandbags of the southwest checkpoint. The automatic rifleman's comrade continues firing inneffectually until Jason's second 40mm HE grenade detonates with a flash close beside him, just inside the bunker. The receding smoke of the explosion, earily lit by the descending parachute flare now only twenty feet or so above the road, reveals the man slumped over the toppled rim of the sandbagged emplacement. All fire from that quarter has stopped.

Griet, meanwhile, struggles to clear the jam from the PKM. She's having trouble unlatching and lifting the feed tray.

From the cover of the sunken mortar pit, Minh and Milk engage its dispossessed crew with a rapid series of single shots. Neither of them register hits, but the six-man team immediately goes to ground about 150m from the mortar pit. They are in the open with little cover save the curvature of the earth and, as long as Minh and Milk keep firing, effectively pinned down.

From atop the garage, Sam shoots the withdrawing sentry, crawling backwards towards the checkpoint bunker, in the back of the leg. The man screams and clutches at the fresh hole in his right thigh. His two companions, apparently perfectly happy to stay inside the relative safety of the bunker, do nothing to fight back or aid their wounded friends.

Inside the garage, Mariusz orders the terrified (or stupefied) motor pool personel to hand over the keys to the working vehicles. One of the men gets unsteadily to his feet and, hands raised, stumbles towards the counter, saying

"Don't shoot. I'm getting the keys. Please don't shoot."

He reaches beneath the counter with one hand and slowly raises a handful of keys setting them down gently on the wooden counter top. His wounded companion continues to moan, whimpering,

"I'm bleeding to death! Help me! Pease, help me!"

Another mechanic vomits all over his blanket. The smell of cheap, half-digested moonshine intermingling with the sickly sweet smell of blood and the acrid smell of gunsmoke.

Back at the boats, Walter and Adam start shifting cargo to the motorcycle sidecar and the two bicycles. Latrell makes no attempt to strike Anneka, but his reaction is not the one she'd hoped for when she slapped him,

"Bitch, you crazy! You all crazy. I'm gettin' the hell outta here and goin' back to the farm."

With that, Latrell brushes past Anneka and runs into the darkness heading back the way the party came.

Actions?
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 373 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Fri 24 Oct 2008
at 16:58
Re: Coming and Going
The two men covering the prisoners were far better at this game than Mariusz was so he looked at Jan, "I'll see to the wounded, you two are the better fighters."

He holstered his pistol and checked the man's wounds. He opened up his firstaid kit and began ministering to the man. He hoped to staunch the bleeding if nothing else.
Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 292 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Fri 24 Oct 2008
at 17:01
Re: Coming and Going
Stupid, flimsy Army pieces of crap, Griet thought to herself, the PKMG wouldn't even be counted as a gun on a ship. Now she had to hump it all over Poland and then spend more time fixing it than she did firing it.

Come on, she thought, work, as she frantically tried to clear the jam. She cursed the son of a syphillitic whore who loaded the ammunition in the factory. I'm glad they nuked Radom, she thought bitterly, death by radiation poisoning was still too good for the inbred moron, but it was a start.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:02, Fri 24 Oct 2008.

Jason Kasparov
 player, 312 posts
 Warrant Officer 1
 U.S. Army Blackhawk Pilot
Fri 24 Oct 2008
at 17:56
Re: Coming and Going
"Checkpoint neutralized!" Jason calls as he pulls another 40mm HE round from his webbing.  Once again, he removes the spent casing and slides the fresh round into the breech of his M-203.  Coming up to one knee, he scans the southern flank of the party's position as ordered by Bayer before it hit the fan.

Jason K.
Kneeling on south/left flank
F88 GLA [30/30; HE]
Looking for more enemies
 coming from behind

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 929 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Fri 24 Oct 2008
at 18:12
Re: Coming and Going
The bangs of grenades going off behind him echoed off the buildings of the town, and the woods and low hills around them.

It seemed to Dawid that the firing in front and behind had stopped, and checking in front and over his shoulder he was unable to see anyone up and moving.

Taking a risk that indeed all hostile targets were momentarily suppressed, he stood up in a crouch and gathered a deep breath into his lungs.

He stood up and called in Polish to the soldiers on the ground to the east of the mortar pit as loudly as he could.

"We are with the Home Army and Solidarność! Throw down your weapons and surrender! You will not be harmed! Surrender!"

Announcement complete, he dropped back down in case anyone violently disagreed with the offer.

Stechkin (21/21 + 2 magazines)
2 Fragmentation, 2 Smoke grenades, 1 RPG-76 Komar
Standing up and calling for surrender, then going prone

This message was last edited by the player at 15:06, Sat 25 Oct 2008.