Ch. 13: Kozienice.   Posted by Cap'n Rae.Group: 0
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 588 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Thu 12 Mar 2009
at 22:26
Re: Mount up!
Anneka Soleblume:
Radio messages sent, Anneka gathered her belongings and equipment before reviewing her notes and shuffling the seating around as required.

"Jan, will be driving the T-H."
"Adam & Walter, I want you two in the truck cab, one driving. Jason, you join them."
"Dawid, truck weapons assisted by myself and Griet."
"Tucker and Stoner, T-H weapons as before."
"Everyone else,"
which was Alexei, Konrad and McCoy, "In the back of the T-H."

"I want the 119 set in with you Jason. Hauptman, would you please rely on Ondar's radio for long range comms, and I want one of you men,"
she continued, staring directly at Tucker, "To lend their hand radio to me for the back of the truck."

That was seating and comms out of the way...
Tucker braces himself as he tries to favor his injured arm when getting up and packing up his gear.  If no one helps him (and that's ok), he will take his time and pack up all of his stuff and stow it on the T-H where he was before.

When hearing about how Anneka wants his hand radio, Tucker just smiles and shakes his head as he reaches into his gear to get it for her.  Robert hands her the radio and tells her (probably sarcastically), "Wow, that was fucken subtle Major!  Barely knew you were talking to me."  With his gear stowed and seating assignments assigned, Tucker mans his post after putting on his body armor and just putting on his Colt Python in its shoulder holster and spare speed loaders.
Anneka Soleblume
 player, 1019 posts
 Major
 Israeli Medical Officer
Thu 12 Mar 2009
at 23:10
Re: Mount up!
"Yours or Jan's" she said with a smile and a shrug.
"And he's out on sentry."
The only other short range radio they had was Konrads, and there was no way he should give it up.

"We're going to reorganise some stores before we move out," she declared to all in earshot.
"Once your personal gear is packed away, report to me."

Assigning seating, organising comms and arranging loads was really a NCO's job, but one she'd gladly taken on herself. Without the burden of direct command, that having gone to Hauptman Bayer, and no hospital to attend to, it was probably the best use of her adminitrative skills.
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 589 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Fri 13 Mar 2009
at 00:38
Re: Mount up!
Anneka Soleblume:
"Yours or Jan's" she said with a smile and a shrug.
"And he's out on sentry."
The only other short range radio they had was Konrads, and there was no way he should give it up.

"We're going to reorganise some stores before we move out," she declared to all in earshot.
"Once your personal gear is packed away, report to me."
"Don't worry about it Major.  I'll be fine without it.  I'll get by," Robert tells Anneka as he reports to her after his gear is stowed away on the T-H.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 1160 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Fri 13 Mar 2009
at 08:14
Re: Mount up!
"Mount up? After making this such a comfortable hovel? With great pleasure!"

He offered his expert opinion on the disposition of the heaviest weapon.

"We don't seem to be followed, so the fuel tank can be in the rear. Hook up the Mortar behind the Tarpan Honker. It can be set it up quickly that way."

Instead of waiting for someone to do this, he gets Adam and Walter to hook up the mortar and trailer as he indicated. As well, he made sure a radio (either the PRC-110 or Ondar's backpack radio) was available to receive fire mission requests.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:37, Sat 14 Mar 2009.

Dave 'Bones' Stoner
 player, 299 posts
 HM2 (E-5)
 US Navy
Fri 13 Mar 2009
at 21:54
Re: New Kid In Town
Anneka Soleblume:
"I could have done that for you," Anneka said tenderly when she saw the fresh dressing on Stoner's head, her delicate hand reaching out to brush it gently.
</blue>


"I wanted to see what it looked like. Too bad it's such an obvious bullet wound, it would have made a perfect dueling scar."
Dave 'Bones' Stoner
 player, 300 posts
 HM2 (E-5)
 US Navy
Fri 13 Mar 2009
at 21:57
Re: Mount up!
Anneka Soleblume:
"We're going to reorganise some stores before we move out," she declared to all in earshot.
"Once your personal gear is packed away, report to me."


Dave tosses his blanket roll and rifle in the passenger side of the truck and picks up the bulky machine gun. "Ready" He says with raised eyebrows.
Dave 'Bones' Stoner
 player, 301 posts
 HM2 (E-5)
 US Navy
Fri 13 Mar 2009
at 22:00
Re: Mount up!
Dave looks over at Tucker, making sure the man is mobile and up to moving gear about. "Tuck, you going to be able to hande that hog?" he asks, nodding at the automatic grenade launcher
Jason Kasparov
 player, 391 posts
 Warrant Officer 1
 U.S. Army Blackhawk Pilot
Sat 14 Mar 2009
at 00:59
Re: Mount up!
Moving around as little as possible, Jason retrieves his freshly-laundered fatigues and flight suit from Griet and packs them away in his rucksack.  With the assistance of Walter, he stows his gear at the forward bed of the Star and climbs (or is boosted) into the cab.  The safed Austeyr is handed up, and is leaned against the front of the seat next to his left leg.  The effort is quite exhausting, and he sits back and closes his eyes against the pain.
Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 372 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Sat 14 Mar 2009
at 07:56
Re: Mount up!
Griet ensured that everyone had their gear back and then packed up her own things. She shouldered her rifle and stowed her pack on the truck. After that she moved over to the Major and said, "What task do you want me to perform before we head off?"
Sam McCoy
 player, 204 posts
 MSGT
 10th SFG ODA 011
Sat 14 Mar 2009
at 07:58
Re: Mount up!
Sam sits in the truck waiting.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:21, Sat 14 Mar 2009.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 468 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sat 14 Mar 2009
at 07:58
Re: Mount up!
Mariusz looked around him to see if there was anywhere they could shelter for the time it would take the rest to reach them. He asked Mihn, "Should we wait here or try to find some shelter? It's going to be a cold wait."
Jan Cerny
 player, 97 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Sat 14 Mar 2009
at 14:59
Re: Mount up!
Once the call to return comes through Jan makes sure Alexie has also heard it and then beguins ghosting his way back towards the group. Once they are far enough away from the strangers that there is no fear of being overheard he speaks in a low voice.

"The men we watch, the seem to be deserters, yes? At the least, and perhaps marauders as well. Though some maight say the same of us, no? Ah well, it seems I am fated to play le chauffeur, so such matters must be left for later."

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:24, Sat 14 Mar 2009.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1186 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 14 Mar 2009
at 20:23
The Welcome Wagon

October 13
1600hrs.
30F
Scattered clouds
Gora Kalwaria town limits


The scouting team returns to the post office with the small deserter/marauder apparently none the wiser for their having been under observation. The rest of the party is well on their way to loading the vehicles. As the team piles aboard, the drivers attempt to start the engines. It takes several tries to get the STAR to turn over and a few more than that to get the Tarpan-Honker going.

The group pulls away from their shelter of the past 24+ hours and heads west to the main road, bidding a not-so-fond farewell to the anonymous, ruined village.

The convoy heads north towards the rendezvouz with Mariusz and Minh, keeping a cautious pace due to the icy, snow covered road. The preceding Ural trike's thin twin tracks can't still be faintly seen in the snow. In a little over an hour, the large crucifix comes into view up ahead and then Stoner spots the Ural trike parked in a shallow depression besides the road. The two groups reunite and proceed towards the appointed meeting point with the Gora-Kalwaria delegation. Before they arrive at the cross, the horsemen are seen approaching from the opposite direction. The convoy parks and awaits the arrival of the slower riders. The town greeters reign their mounts in the shadow of the dying Christ and the spokesman greets the party in a curt, slightly suspicious fashion.

"Good afternoon. What business do you have with the good people of Gora Kalwaria?"

Anneka speaks for the group.

"We'd simply like to trade and perhaps spend the night. We'll pay for the lodgings, of course. Beyond that, it's possible that our interests- yours and ours- coincide. We hear that you're having trouble with some river pirates and we need to cross the river. Perhaps we could help each other out."

"Ahem. Trading, we're interested in. We'll see about the rest. You're NATO? The man seems confused by the strange mix of the party's uniforms, weapons, and languages.

"Yes, most of us. We're lawful combatants, anyway. We're certainly not bandits if that's what you're worried about."

"Wouldn't you be?" It's hard to argue with the man's point.

"Yes, of course."

The spokesman's brows crease as he carefully and thoughtfully studies the group once again.

"Alright, you must unload all of your weapons. All of them- your personal weapons and the bigger guns. Follow us in to town and stay behind us. If this is some kind of Trojan horse gambit, there will be blood- and most of it will be yours, I assure you. These rules are non-negotiable. Will you abide by them?"

Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:25, Sat 14 Mar 2009.

Sam McCoy
 player, 205 posts
 MSGT
 10th SFG ODA 011
Sat 14 Mar 2009
at 22:44
Re: The Welcome Wagon
After 36 hours of sleep, Sam feels good but not great. The pain in his arm is still very there. He sits in the back of the truck waiting. He will go with the Captain's choice and he will follow him.

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:47, Sat 14 Mar 2009.

Minh Quyen
 player, 368 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Sun 15 Mar 2009
at 06:21
Re: The Welcome Wagon
Quyen radios the group from the small copse of trees she and Mariusz took shelter in. She guides them into a meeting point, and ensures they don't cross the community's border. When they link up, she returns the Hauptmann's NVG's and gives a brief patrol report.

When the group is approached by the security/envoys, she stands off to the side keeping en eye on their distant surroundings.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 1162 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sun 15 Mar 2009
at 08:54
Re: The Welcome Wagon
Cap'n Rae:
The spokesman's brows crease as he carefully and thoughtfully studies the group once again.

"Alright, you must unload all of your weapons. All of them- your personal weapons and the bigger guns. Follow us in to town and stay behind us. If this is some kind of Trojan horse gambit, there will be blood- and most of it will be yours, I assure you. These rules are non-negotiable. Will you abide by them?"

Next Moves?


He rubbed his shaved face, then took his rosary from around his neck and wrapped it around his hand. Dawid unloaded his Tantal and took his Stechkin out, laying them on the seat. He then stepped down stiffly onto the road. He made sure he had his Polish flag armband displayed, and displayed his open hands, rosary displayed.

"Excuse me sir, I am Plutunowy Dawid Piotrowski, I serve God and Poland. As you can see, I also serve with the Home Army. I can attest my comrades will keep their side of the bargain if they agree to enter your town. We come in peace."

"I come looking for my sister, Urzula, perhaps you have heard of her? Doctor Piotrowski? She was in Warszawa?"


He leaned up against the side of the truck, using the cold metal as support and for balance.
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 469 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sun 15 Mar 2009
at 16:41
Re: The Welcome Wagon
Mariusz breathed a sigh of relief as the rest of the group appeared. he relaxed a little and waited to see how events would unfold.
Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 373 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Sun 15 Mar 2009
at 16:43
Re: The Welcome Wagon
Griet snuggled down further in the nest that she'd made on the back of the guntruck. Others could do the talking for now, she was less tired than she had been and starting to feel human again, but everyone was being polite and careful so there was no point muddying the waters with too many voices. She listened carefully and pulled her scarf further over her face.
Konrad Bayer
 player, 914 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Sun 15 Mar 2009
at 17:22
Re: The Welcome Wagon
Bayer nods and calls back to the group, "Unload your weapons." This was nothing new. Many communities had such entry regulations. Slinging his unloaded rifle, he waves forward the doctor and Adam. He didn't speak Polish and figured they'd also do better at gaining entry and trade than an officer of the German Army.

"Go ahead." he says quietly. "Find out what's it going to cost us to cross."
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1187 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sun 15 Mar 2009
at 21:05
Re: The Welcome Wagon
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
"Excuse me sir, I am Plutunowy Dawid Piotrowski, I serve God and Poland. As you can see, I also serve with the Home Army. I can attest my comrades will keep their side of the bargain if they agree to enter your town. We come in peace."

"I come looking for my sister, Urzula, perhaps you have heard of her? Doctor Piotrowski? She was in Warszawa?"


He leaned up against the side of the truck, using the cold metal as support and for balance.


"The name doesn't ring a bell. She's not in Gora-Kalwaria, at least. There are still a few diehards holding out in Warsaw so she might be among them. They can't cross over to the west bank because of the damned pirates. It's like the siege all over again."
Dave 'Bones' Stoner
 player, 303 posts
 HM2 (E-5)
 US Navy
Sun 15 Mar 2009
at 21:21
Re: The Welcome Wagon
Dave shrugs and unloads the M240, then draws his rifle out and unloads it also.
Sam McCoy
 player, 206 posts
 MSGT
 10th SFG ODA 011
Sun 15 Mar 2009
at 21:56
Re: The Welcome Wagon
Sam will unload weapons and store the magazines away in their pouches.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:15, Mon 16 Mar 2009.

Alexei Ondar
 player, 113 posts
 Starshiy Praporshchik
 Ex-GRU/Spetznaz
Mon 16 Mar 2009
at 06:14
Re: The Welcome Wagon
Ondar begrudgingly accepts the terms of entry and, at the Hauptmann's order, ejects the magazines from his rifle and sidearm. He also recovers the rounds already chambered and replaces them in their respective magazines then slides both into a pocket on his field jacket.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:32, Mon 16 Mar 2009.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 1164 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Mon 16 Mar 2009
at 08:12
Re: The Welcome Wagon
Cap'n Rae:
"The name doesn't ring a bell. She's not in Gora-Kalwaria, at least. There are still a few diehards holding out in Warsaw so she might be among them. They can't cross over to the west bank because of the damned pirates. It's like the siege all over again."


"No doubt, my friend. With friends like these, eh? Well, times are strange, that's for sure."

He lit a cigarette, offered the pack.

"So, who's running the show in Góra Kalwaria? Who and where is this Black Baron we've been hearing about? Is he bad news, or what? Any connection to these pirate chaps?"

This message was last edited by the player at 08:13, Mon 16 Mar 2009.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1191 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Mon 16 Mar 2009
at 17:43
Re: The Welcome Wagon

Dawid unloads both box mags from the ZU-23-2, including the recently unjammed left barrel. The mortar was always unloaded but, according to Dawid's inspection, fully functional.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
He lit a cigarette, offered the pack.

"So, who's running the show in Góra Kalwaria? Who and where is this Black Baron we've been hearing about? Is he bad news, or what? Any connection to these pirate chaps?"


The spokesman shakes his head at the offer of a cigarette and replies,

"You'll find out soon enough."

He looks over the party and, seeing that they've all complied with his request to unload their weapons, he shouts,

"Let's go! Nice and easy!"

With that, he pulls on the reins and the horse spins around, pointing its steaming nose towards the town.

End of Chapter 13