Ch. 13: Kozienice.   Posted by Cap'n Rae.Group: 0
Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 340 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Sun 28 Dec 2008
at 12:58
Re: A Fork in the Road
Griet flinched as the autocannon roared. She blinked hard, fighting the fatigue that threatened to overwhelm her and continued to settle the PKMG where she could fire at the enemy.
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1090 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sun 28 Dec 2008
at 20:44
Jason's Wound (GM supplemental)

In the half light of the pre-dawn, Anneka examines Jason's lower hip wound. About five inches below the pilot's hip joint, on the outside of his upper thigh, Anneka finds a small, neat hole. She reaches into the hole she's torn in Jason's Nomex flight suit and feels around the circumferance of his thigh, searching for an exit wound. There is none. The wound isn't bleeding enough to suggest a severed artery and, although it is painful, Jason still has decent range of motion, suggesting that there has been no significant damage to hip joint, pelvis, or femur. Based on the damage and the reported range of the engagement, there is probably a 5.45mm bullet lodged deeply in Jason's upper leg. It would take some heavy duty probing in order to remove it. Aware that she has neither the time nor tools at the moment to do so, she leaves the bullet in place and quickly sutures the wound (it takes only three stitches), bandages it, and returns to the STAR's cab.

In great discomfort, Jason is left to sit/lie atop the M43 mortar.

OOC: Jason is still mobile but modest movement rate penalties will apply. The pain might aslo add small penalties to certain skill checks. Without the administering of antibiotics, the threat of a serious, potentially fatal infection exists.
Sam McCoy
 player, 172 posts
 MSGT
 10th SFG ODA 011
Sun 28 Dec 2008
at 21:25
Re: Jason's Wound (GM supplemental)
On hearing the Anti-Aircraft gone go off Sam yells

"what the fuck was that look to the rear and get  me a sit rep. We are going to turn off the road and set up in a covered position until we know whats going on."


Sam will look left or right for a covered area. when he find ones he will yell to the pole that they are turning.


Sam
riding
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 429 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sun 28 Dec 2008
at 22:09
Re: Jason's Wound (GM supplemental)
'What the fuck was that look to the rear?' Mariusz looked confused at the soldier's harsh words. He hadn't looked to the rear...

Slowly he realised that the statement hadn't been a question, it had been an order. He turned around and looked blearily back down the dirt track, he buck and snapped around as McCoy performed his wild manouvres.

He squinted to see if he could see anything.


"I don't have a visual yet, but from the sound I'd say an AA gun just fired and hit a target in the woods." Mariusz said, "I'd guess it's ours as the chances of another Zoo-2 armed gun truck being just here is minimal. That's merely an assumption however. Would you like me to radio back and ask?"
Sam McCoy
 player, 173 posts
 MSGT
 10th SFG ODA 011
Sun 28 Dec 2008
at 22:34
Re: Jason's Wound (GM supplemental)
"Try to get a radio report if you can. I will hide here and wait for there orders."


"thanks for the quick work young brother."



Sam
riding to hide
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 430 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sun 28 Dec 2008
at 23:20
Re: Jason's Wound (GM supplemental)
"Boss," Mariusz said over the radio, "this is Scout, what's going on, we're hiding up and waiting on your orders, Over."
Sam McCoy
 player, 174 posts
 MSGT
 10th SFG ODA 011
Mon 29 Dec 2008
at 01:25
Re: Jason's Wound (GM supplemental)
"Let's hang low young brother; we don't need to get killed being heroes for no reason. Now, being a hero for a reason- that's what you get killed for. Haha. Now brace up that RPK and I will get my rifle out."

Sam and the boy will hide the best they can in the trees and turn off the motor. He will set local secuirty while he instructs the youth to set up a PDF going down the road to cover the area they just came from.

"Cover back down the road with that gun and don't fire until I tell you to. No need killing our own guys."

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:59, Wed 31 Dec 2008.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 1076 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Mon 29 Dec 2008
at 02:27
Re: Jason's Wound (GM supplemental)
It was gratifying to see the enemy Star take some hits and wipe out. However, he guessed that he couldn't swing the Flak gun around to engage the surviving vehicle because of the mortar crammed in behind it on the truck bed.

"Griet, shoot at the other vehicle, if you can!"

Besides, those may not be the only threats out there! He kept the AA Gun trained on the crashed vehicle, keeping an eye on the rear in case more attackers showed from that direction.


23mm ZU-23-2 (29/100 rounds HEI)
On AA gun
Covering the rear

Konrad Bayer
 player, 873 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Mon 29 Dec 2008
at 03:26
Re: Jason's Wound (GM supplemental)
"Left side rapid fire! RAPID!" Bayer yells to his fellow dismounts. Firing from a moving vehicle would have to be made up with a high volume of fire to compensate for the lack of accuracy.

Into his radio he says, "Go go go. Don't stop."

Hearing Mariusz's query, he replies, "Close range contact... soft skin transport." Not expecting (or hoping) anything was ahead, he adds, "Need you back here."
Sam McCoy
 player, 175 posts
 MSGT
 10th SFG ODA 011
Mon 29 Dec 2008
at 05:13
Re: Jason's Wound (GM supplemental)
"Tell him to gun battle past us and we will ambush them with the RPK and the M25."

"Moving back to a friendly unit in a fight is bad game; it will get us killed."

"Tell him we are on the left side of the road in the trees, 250 meters ahead; we will open up when they go by."



Sam will unsling his rifle and get ready.

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:00, Wed 31 Dec 2008.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 431 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Mon 29 Dec 2008
at 10:33
Re: Jason's Wound (GM supplemental)
"Sir," Mariusz replied, "sub-unit commander adviises we are left of you and 250m forward. He advises you continue to our position and bypass us and we engage the enemy from ambush, Over?"

Mariusz struggled slowly to find a firing position and kept the radio handy.
Sam McCoy
 player, 176 posts
 MSGT
 10th SFG ODA 011
Mon 29 Dec 2008
at 21:09
Ambush
"Thanks for the work brother now steady 3 round bursts"



Sam
ambush
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1092 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Mon 29 Dec 2008
at 21:22
Between a Rock and a Hard Place

Tucker quickly slews the AGS-17 around, trying to track the accelerating Tarpan-Honker. He fires another burst and watches again as rounds explode all around the vehicle. The passengers in the back cower as shrapnel slices through the air all around them but, once again, Tucker can't be sure what- if any- damage he's been able to do. To top it all off, the Plamya has jammed.

In the back of the party's 6x6 STAR, Dawid attempts to traverse the ZU-23-2 forward in order to engage the speeding enemy squad carrier. Due to the stowed 120mm mortar and the STAR's own cab, he's unable to establish LOS to his desired target. Griet wisely decides not to fire the PKM at the same target. To hit it, she would have to fire very near to the party's own T-H and she knows that her skill is probably not up to the task, especially doing so from the lurching bed of a moving truck. The chances of raking her own T-H are just to great.

Looking back, from his seat atop the mortar tube, Jason sees the smashed cab of the crashed STAR 4x4 burst into flames.

Mariusz and Sam, lying in wait on the west side of the road and facing their backtrail, can see the y-shaped intersection just 50m ahead. They first hear, then see, the enemy T-H racing towards them. It must be doing about 60-70 kph, a reckless speed on a dirt track through a thick wood. Off to the right, and at least 100m from the intersection, they see their own T-H coming towards them.

OOC: To clarify, the enemy T-H is now between the trike and the rest of the convoy. Once again, imagine a Y. The trike is now near the base of the stem, on the tail. The enemy T-H is on the left side, closer to the base, and the party is on the right, a little further away.

Actions?

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:25, Mon 29 Dec 2008.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 432 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Mon 29 Dec 2008
at 22:02
Re: Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Mariusz tried to focus blearily through the sights and squeezed off a series of three round bursts at the squad carrier heading toward them. He hoped the light rounds would hit, and that they would do some damage if and when they did.


Mariusz
4 3 round bursts at the Tarpan Honker (the enemy one)
RPK-74 40/40
Sitting in the sidecar at the junction of the Y...

This message was last edited by the player at 22:04, Mon 29 Dec 2008.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 1077 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Mon 29 Dec 2008
at 23:34
Re: Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Swinging the AA gun around, Dawid covered the rear and rear-right sectors. There may well be others coming from the same direction, especially if either vehicle was in radio contact with their HQ when they were spotted.


23mm Flak (29/100 HEI)
Covering the rear and rear-right sectors
Back of the Star

Sam McCoy
 player, 177 posts
 MSGT
 10th SFG ODA 011
Tue 30 Dec 2008
at 00:28
Re: Between a Rock and a Hard Place
"That's it brother, 3-round bursts on the target. Keep up the fire right into the grill..."

Sam will now fire hammered pairs into the trucks grill until he is bingo on ammo. He will fire one magazine or until the truck passes. If the truck passes he will then fire into the bed from the rear. Once his mag is gone he will reload and cease fire.

Sam
hammered pairs
M25

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:07, Tue 30 Dec 2008.

Jason Kasparov
 player, 370 posts
 Warrant Officer 1
 U.S. Army Blackhawk Pilot
Tue 30 Dec 2008
at 03:14
Re: Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Seated on the mortar tube with the F88 resting on the floorboards of the bed and its barrel (and that of the M-203, as well) pointing up over his shoulder, Jason watches the enemy Star burst into flames.  "Whoo-ee!  Look at that sucker burn!" he says to nobody in particular.  He then directly addresses Dawid, "Nice shooting, Tex."
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 1078 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Tue 30 Dec 2008
at 05:11
Re: Between a Rock and a Hard Place
In reply to Jason Kasparov (msg #234):

Dawid glanced back and grinned. "Same here, you had some nice shooting yourself not too long ago. Now, let us trust our comrades will do the same!"


23mm Flak (29/100 HEI)
Covering the rear and rear-right sectors
Back of the Star

Minh Quyen
 player, 336 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Tue 30 Dec 2008
at 06:35
Re: Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Hearing the call for a high volume of fire from the Hauptmann, Quyen turns and faces the vehicles. Kneeling on the bench she steadies the rifle as best she could, considering the fast and bumpy ride. Doing he best to keep the center of the truck in her sights, she fires off 5 shots.

Quyen
AK74 (30/30)
Honker Rear
Firing max semiautomatic at nearest truck in LOS

Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 341 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Tue 30 Dec 2008
at 12:51
Re: Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Without a safe target, Griet kept the PKMG trained toward the threat and did her best to blink back the sleep that threatened to envelope her.
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1094 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Tue 30 Dec 2008
at 20:31
Hit and Run

As the enemy T-H pulls ahead of the main body of the party's convoy, Minh hefts the long barrel of her RPK-47 over the heads of the front seat occupants and fires off a burst. Between the movement of the two vehicles, the weapon's muzzle blast, and the wind rushing through the open cab, she can't tell if she hit anything.

As the unfriendly Tarpan-Honker barrels towards them, Mariusz rips off a couple of bursts at its engine compartment. The first burst sails over the heads of the terrified looking pair in the front seats; the second skips off the road beneath the speeding jeep.

Sam, meanwhile, fixes his sights on the grille of the engine and squeezes off a double-tap. Both rounds impact with a lound CLANG. A second double tap results in a another pair of hits. White smoke or steam begins leaking out of the engine compartment.

And then, just like that, the enemy Tarpan-Honker is upon them, swerving wildly onto the main road. It races past uncomfortably close, without slowing- if anything, it's sped up even more- and showering the ambushing pair with dust and small stones. The front passenger squeezes off a long automatic burst from his AKM, attemtping to rake the ambushers. Fortunately, his fire his high and wild. By the time Sam and Mariusz reacquire sight of the fleeing T-H, it is well past 200m away and passing out of sight around a slight northeast curve in the road, leaving a trail of white smoke (or steam) behind it.

The rest of the convoy arrives at the crossroads at about the same time as the dust begins to settle and is soon upon the scout/ambush team.

Actions?
Anneka Soleblume
 player, 917 posts
 Major
 Israeli Medic
Tue 30 Dec 2008
at 22:34
Re: Hit and Run
"We should chase it down," Anneka yelled as the truck she was in drew closer. Out of their three vehicles, only the motorbike really had a chance of success though.
"We'll check over the other truck." A gesture indicated she only meant the Star, leaving Konrad and the T-H to do whatever the tactical commander thought best.
The cold early morning air had reminded her of the perils they faced. Without adequate shelter, or even just a few tents, the'd soon be seeing cases of exposure. Once the snows really began they'd all be in very big trouble.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 1080 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Tue 30 Dec 2008
at 23:09
Re: Hit and Run
In reply to Anneka Soleblume (msg #239):

Hearing Anneka's shout about checking out the other Start Dawid pointed out, "the other truck is on fire."

He continued his watch to the rear.
Sam McCoy
 player, 178 posts
 MSGT
 10th SFG ODA 011
Tue 30 Dec 2008
at 23:33
Re: Hit and Run

"If you hurry, Major, you might be able to get some personal gear and some shit out the back. If the Major wants me to, I can chase down the truck. I hit them in the engine with a couple of pairs of 7.62mm. If I hit the radiator, they can't go but a few klicks and then their engine will seize. If the squad carrier follows me, then I can stop them; the carrier can kill them. We need the gear for Warsaw! The flame won't jump to the back of the truck- it's too cold and there is nothing to burn. That's just my guess. But we must hurry, please order."

"Good job brother with the RPK. But see why I want to mount the PKM. We won't hit shit until the gun is mounted."

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:02, Wed 31 Dec 2008.

Anneka Soleblume
 player, 918 posts
 Major
 Israeli Medic
Wed 31 Dec 2008
at 00:03
Re: Hit and Run
"Go, then. Hurry!" she urged McCoy, including Jan (the T-H driver) in her directive.
"We'll be right behind you," she yelled to Konrad before motioning Adam (or whoever is driving the Star) to make for the burning truck.

"Just grab what you can quickly and we'll go," she called back to Dawid, Jason, Griet and Walter*.
"Watch out for enemy survivors though."
"Jason, you take over the grenade launcher while we're stopped and keep watch."
"Adam, I want the engine running and pointed back this way."

Brief orders given, she climbed back into the cab and prepared to debark for their brief salvage effort.

Chances were that the crashed truck contained little of use, but better to check now while they could than regret it later.


* I think that's all on the Star.