Ch. 13: Kozienice.   Posted by Cap'n Rae.Group: 0
Dave 'Bones' Stoner
 player, 248 posts
 HM2 (E-5)
 US Navy
Wed 10 Dec 2008
at 12:02
Re: Into the Woods
Before the house nreakers set up, Dave approaches McCoy. I'll cover the back door. Yell if you come out that way". He hurries arounf the cottage to the back yard and kneels. He picks a spot where if he has to fire, any missed rounds will head awayfrom the house and any friendlies.
Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 324 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Wed 10 Dec 2008
at 18:27
Re: Into the Woods
"Thanks," Griet said quietly to both Anneka and Griet, she was too tired to respond much even to the kindness of her companions, "I'll layer them if you don't mind, I'm freezing."

She pulled the two pairs of trousers on and then secured them so she wouldn't get tangled. She shambled over to the URAL and got out her rubber hose, "I'll do the siphoning, a mouthful of fuel might be better than the taste in my mouth right now."

She started siphoning the fuel from the URAL's tank and into the trailer.
Sam McCoy
 player, 141 posts
 MSGT
 10th SFG ODA 011
Thu 11 Dec 2008
at 20:34
Re: Into the Woods
"Got it brother you take up rear entry"



Sam
H&K
Talking
Konrad Bayer
 player, 864 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Fri 12 Dec 2008
at 15:51
Re: Into the Woods
"If there is no reply, go inside McCoy. If there happens to be someone in there just make sure they aren't a threat."

Bayer turns from the security team and calls over, "Drivers. Where's that vehicle report? What is the transportation situation?"
Sam McCoy
 player, 142 posts
 MSGT
 10th SFG ODA 011
Fri 12 Dec 2008
at 20:09
Re: Into the Woods
"got you Boss"



Sam
H&K
Talking
Clarence Milk
 NPC, 194 posts
 Chief Warrant Officer 2
 U.S. Army Special Forces
Fri 12 Dec 2008
at 20:22
Re: Into the Woods

Milk follows Minh and Mariusz towards a suitable OP overlooking the road on which they'd just come down. He helps find a good spot, one with maximum cover and concealment and with a good view down the road. The sooner they spotted a pursuit force, the more time they'd have to respond.

Hunkering down, he whispers to Mariusz- the only one among them equipped with NVGs,

"What do you see, soldier?"
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1049 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 13 Dec 2008
at 02:03
Strangers in the Night

The muffled voice of a man filters through the closed door in response to Sam's querry.

"I can't help you. Go away! I have a gun and I know how to use it. There's a still in the back. Take as much meth as you like and bugger off! Set one foot inside and I'll send you straight to hell! That's your only warning! Now get lost!"

Stoner, covering the back of the cottage, can't hear the occupants' reply but he can clearly see a small still among various other odds and ends- a truck axle, an old refrigerator, a wheelbarrow, and some other things unidentifiable in the darkness- littering a small clearing that passes for the cottage's back yard.

Dawid, weezing after loading the Mk-19 (now on its tripod) into the bed of the KAMAZ, supervises the transfer of the mortar, its ammunition, and the fuel trailer from the damaged Ural to the gun-truck. The big 6x6 is capable of carrying it all but at a price. It will be difficult, if not impossible to employ any of the heavy-hitting weapons with the bed so loaded. They crew will have to rely on small arms for their protection now.

Jason, meanwhile, examines the mount on the sidecar to ascertain the cause of the AGL "malfunction" back at the road junction. On closer inspection, it appears that the mount's welded brackets have been badly bent- almost sheared off- by the large AGL's recoil. I can be repaired but it will require materials and welding equipment not currently available. In the interim, a PKM or similar weapon can be used by the passenger by resting it on the nose of the sidecar via its bipod.

A couple of hundred meters to the south, the OP team hears the thrum of truck engines in the distance. Slowly but surely, the sound grows louder. It appears the pursuit force is more dogged than hoped for and is continuing the chase.

Actions?

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:34, Sat 13 Dec 2008.

Sam McCoy
 player, 144 posts
 MSGT
 10th SFG ODA 011
Sat 13 Dec 2008
at 03:22
Re: Strangers in the Night
To Villager:
"(in Polish) I respect you and your area; I will leave now my Polish friend. Thanks. I leave as I came- in peace."


To Konrad
"Boss we got a still here! Going to check on if its on a trailer. Get the tire off the truck; don't worry about ditching the truck it will run at speed without it. Just get the tire off. Also, get the squad carrier ready so we can run the fuck out of here."

As Sam moves he talks

To Group
"Let's hurry people! We are on a time line. Stoner, do a still check and tell me if it's on a trailer. Tucker, you an Ondar get the tire off and get the truck ready. It will unbolt easy with it blown. Just ditch it and get ready to move."

To David
"David, get the gun ready and post the gun truck over (pointing toward the side of the road in cover) there ready to move in a ambush position. Have the ass facing the way we came to give them some love. I need you, Pole. If you and me are to get to the free Polish you will now have to move and fight like a tiger for Poland."

To Walter
"Walter, help get the tire off and then, if I call, get the truck over here. We might have a still for you to tow."

To Jason
"Hey, we need you to get the motorcycle on point ready to get us out of here. Cover our front 180 with your MG. Get the PKM mounted and ready to roll."<Blue>


To Ann and Konrad
<Blue>"Hey, I have been selfish in not being the Platoon Sergeant and SF team leader I have been in the past. I did not know you and did not want to give out love but now that I 'm  with you I will give 100% to the group now, not just as a sniper out for myself but foe the group."

"The truck you have Major will run just fine missing the tire. Let's not unhook shit yet. It will take a long time and also leave us with our tits out. Let's get the trucks in formation minus the gun truck so it can cover our ambush team and get ready to roll. The tire rip off takes 60 seconds these tires are made to come off quick for shit just like this."

"We must work fast and you need a platoon sergeant to get the little shit done  while you make bigger plans. I would counsel now for you, Hauptmann, and you, Major, to get off to the side and make a plan while I take care of this and we can get the fuck out of here."

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:16, Sat 13 Dec 2008.

Dave 'Bones' Stoner
 player, 249 posts
 HM2 (E-5)
 US Navy
Sat 13 Dec 2008
at 04:46
Re: Strangers in the Night
Dave rises to his feet and looks around the smallish back yard with his borrowed NVGs. Seeing the truck axel gives him an idea, he makes a quick search of the yard for a wheel that might fit the tow truck. He also checks out the still, looking for any containers with ready made alchohol.

"No trailer for the still. It's just a rinky dink thing any way, checkeing for alcohol now."
Sam McCoy
 player, 146 posts
 MSGT
 10th SFG ODA 011
Sat 13 Dec 2008
at 05:28
Re: Strangers in the Night
"Roger Stoner. When done, come and help David with the gun truck. Konrad has my RPG-18. Take it and post up with David- he will need your help, warrior."

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:10, Sat 13 Dec 2008.

Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 325 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Sat 13 Dec 2008
at 11:51
Re: Strangers in the Night
After draining the URAL of fuel and loading the equipment onto the back of the gun truck, Griet picked up the RPK and settled herself into a position between the kit where she could fire backward and to the side. She listened to McCoy's orders and looked confusedly at the Major and Dawid, "Major, Dawid, do you want us to transfer everything back to the URAL and set up an ambush before the pursuit comes,or do we just run?"
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 411 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sat 13 Dec 2008
at 11:52
Re: Strangers in the Night
Mariusz scanned the area and replied, "I can't see anything but I hear heavy truck engines not too far off. I think we need to, how do you Americans say it? Di di mau?"
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 1032 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sat 13 Dec 2008
at 16:34
Re: Strangers in the Night
In reply to Sam McCoy (msg #99):

Dawid looked bemused at Sam's suggestion.

"Well, thank you for volunteering to man the 23mm guns! Excellent! Very brave of you! To warn you, they jammed just before some syphilitic mother and uncle fucker gassed us back there. And they are a death trap in a stand-up fight. Poor Wiktor got shot off them, he was before your time, brave man, didn't end well, take my word for it. It is good you have decided to fight for Poland, there is hope yet! Just when I think all foreigners want to either fuck us over or use us as cannon fodder, you know, fight the enemy to the last Polish life..."

He clapped Sam on the shoulder in camaraderie, then looked at Konrad and Anneka.

" We should fight. They won't give up if they haven't already, we have no fucking lead, and they know what road we are on so there will be road blocks ahead. I will unship the mortar, it is the best weapon we have. Will take a minute to set up. Or the 40mm machine grenade gun."

"If we don't fight, I am fucking leaving in the Kamaz in about 10 seconds from now. Anyone wants to come along, that is great! We are ready to move now.


He checked his watch, obviously timing the answers.

"Either way, lets warn people to have their gas masks handy because I think those cocksuckers nailed us with a riot gas canister, could be bad if they have another."

This message was last edited by the player at 17:16, Sat 13 Dec 2008.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 412 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sat 13 Dec 2008
at 19:32
Re: Strangers in the Night
As Mariusz started to back up toward the vehicles, he said to Milk, "It might be time to use an old trick we used in the Partisans, Brother Switek said we stole it from the Germans in WW2. Give Minh one of the disposable RPGs and her engineer's kit. Send her to find a good spot somewhere down the track, as we catch her up, she wires the RPG to a tree pointing it across the track about one and a half meters up. After we've passed, she can rig up a trip wire across the track. With luck, the RPG will get a side shot on the armoured car. If not, it might slow them down."

Mariusz looked into the dark and continued, "Further up the track we lay down some of our tin plates. If they spot them, it'll delay them as they find out it's a trick. The second time, Minh will have had time to set up dynamite charges on booby trap fuses, if they ignore them, we might get a tire or two, or kill the odd soldier. The more we can hurt them, the more we buy ourselves time to escape. Is the plan worth suggesting to the Kaptien?"
Clarence Milk
 NPC, 195 posts
 Chief Warrant Officer 2
 U.S. Army Special Forces
Sat 13 Dec 2008
at 20:09
Re: Strangers in the Night

Clarence listened to Mariusz's ideas with interest. The young partisan was wise beyond his years and his tactical sense matched well with that of the seasoned Green Beret warrant officer.

"Yeah, I like it. I've never seen the RPG trick work but it's worth a shot. As for the fake mines, I think Minh may have a real one too. Stay put. I'm going to go tell Konrad that we're going to be having company soon. I'll be right back."

Clarence cursed himself for not having grabbed one of the hand-held tac radios on the way to the OP. He'd make sure to take one on the way back.

On the way back, he stopped by Minh's position, just a few meters away.

"Minh, you got an AT mine? We might want to leave a couple surprises for our new friends."

After Minh responds, Milk runs back to the traffic jam on the road in front of the cottage. Finding Konrad and Anneka (and anyone else close enough to hear), he briefs them on the situation.

"We got company. Engine noises headin' this way. Are we runnin' or fightin'? I'd recommend the former but it's your call. They deploy their infantry in these woods, we're gonna have a hell of a time holdin' 'em off. We have just time to rig a couple booby traps and beat feet. Orders?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:08, Thu 02 July 2009.

Sam McCoy
 player, 148 posts
 MSGT
 10th SFG ODA 011
Sat 13 Dec 2008
at 20:49
Re: Strangers in the Night
"I'm with you, Milk. We should beat feet but we need to set local security and support Milk in the delay. That's why I wanted you to post David- not to fight to the death but be local security. Konrad, issue the order. I will unfuck the convoy and Milk can set your delay."

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:53, Sat 13 Dec 2008.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 1033 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sat 13 Dec 2008
at 23:56
Re: Strangers in the Night
quote:
"We got company. Engine noises headin' this way. Are we runnin' or fightin'? I'd recommend the latter but it's your call. They deploy their infantry in these woods, we're gonna have a hell of a time holdin' 'em off. We have just time to rig a couple booby traps and beat feet. Orders?"


Remembering what Clarence said, Dawid corrected McCoy, not unkindly.

"No my friend, our friend Clarence here recommended fighting, not running, and I agree."

"We will not outrun them now. We had 2 chances already to increase our lead and we blew it. Acknowledge reality. Remember, we don't have to kill them all, just destroy their transportation."


The last part was addressed to the group, not just McCoy.

"Okay, time's about up. Clarence is for fighting, so am I."

He also called over to Jason, "McCoy didn't know this, but you already have the RPK-74 light machinegun, so don't worry about the PKM."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:36, Sun 14 Dec 2008.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 537 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Sun 14 Dec 2008
at 04:18
Re: Strangers in the Night
Sam McCoy:
To Villager:
"(in Polish) I respect you and your area; I will leave now my Polish friend. Thanks. I leave as I came- in peace."

To Konrad
"Boss we got a still here! Going to check on if its on a trailer. Get the tire off the truck; don't worry about ditching the truck it will run at speed without it. Just get the tire off. Also, get the squad carrier ready so we can run the fuck out of here."

As Sam moves he talks; To Group
"Let's hurry people! We are on a time line. Stoner, do a still check and tell me if it's on a trailer. Tucker, you an Ondar get the tire off and get the truck ready. It will unbolt easy with it blown. Just ditch it and get ready to move."
Tucker safes and holsters up his Browning HP and moves over with Ondar to get the tire off the truck so they can move out of here quickly.  "Ditch it and get ready to move, roger that McCoy," Tucker tells him as he waves over to Ondar so they can get started on their task.

Tucker
Holstered Browning HP
Removing tire from truck with Ondar
Sam McCoy
 player, 150 posts
 MSGT
 10th SFG ODA 011
Sun 14 Dec 2008
at 05:41
Re: Strangers in the Night
"Well, Milk, I say run- we don't have the strength to fight and we must flow like water."

"But it's up to the boss. You have my opinion, now I must go work."


Sam moves to help with tire.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:29, Sun 14 Dec 2008.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 1036 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sun 14 Dec 2008
at 06:32
Re: Strangers in the Night
Sam McCoy:
" Well MIlk I say run we dont have the str to fight and we must flow like water."

"But it's up to the boss you have my opinion now i must go work"


"Running like frightened rabbits won't solve our problems, Sam, not this time."

He turned back to Anneka and Konrad.
Sam McCoy
 player, 151 posts
 MSGT
 10th SFG ODA 011
Sun 14 Dec 2008
at 07:56
Re: Strangers in the Night
"Like I said thats your opinion. Now I must work."

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:30, Sun 14 Dec 2008.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 1037 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sun 14 Dec 2008
at 10:16
Re: Strangers in the Night
In reply to Sam McCoy (msg #112):

Dawid laughed, clearly amused.

"Ha ha! Yes! It is gratifying you take my opinion so seriously, I shall respect yours in the same manner!"

"And as for whether you yourself are willing to fight not just for America but for Poland too, well, I guess no answer is still an answer, yes? Thank you! You are an honest man and that is a rare thing these days, Sam."


It was a rhetorical question, he understood where the other man's interests really lay.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:46, Sun 14 Dec 2008.

Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 329 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Sun 14 Dec 2008
at 10:43
Re: Strangers in the Night
Griet worked the nuts on the wrecked tire loose and then worked them off. That done she pulled the tire and rim off the axel and quickly replaced the nuts.

Once she'd finished she moved back over to the gun truck.
Jason Kasparov
 player, 353 posts
 Warrant Officer 1
 U.S. Army Blackhawk Pilot
Sun 14 Dec 2008
at 16:39
Re: Strangers in the Night
Seeing the mount needs more extensive repairs than can be accomplished here and now, Jason picks up the RPK-74 left behind by Dawid and unfolds the bipod.  He sets the machine gun down on the front of the sidecar with the stock and trigger group extending over the seat opening.  It will be a little awkward for Mariusz to use the weapon, but having some use from it is much better than none.
Sam McCoy
 player, 152 posts
 MSGT
 10th SFG ODA 011
Sun 14 Dec 2008
at 19:50
Re: Strangers in the Night
"Remember, David, I was fighting for a free Poland before the war started when you were still in school and I was behind the lines for the last 4 years forming the Free Polish units and fighting with them; they know and respect me well."

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:31, Sun 14 Dec 2008.