Ch. 14: Gora Kalwaria (Part I)   Posted by Cap'n Rae.Group: 0
Tom Jones
 player, 14 posts
 Private
 2 KINGS, King's Regiment
Tue 20 Oct 2009
at 10:38
Re: Once more into the breach!

Dave 'Bones' Stoner:
"Who's got grenades?" he asked in his barely passable Polish, a wide grin plastered across his face.
"Get ready, you're coming with me!"


After firing his two bursts Tom says:

"I'll cover you in from here, then I'll move to the gun."

Tom crawls back out from under the truck and takes cover behind the large wheel and axel at the rear. He will make sure everyone with an automatic weapon is focusing their fire on the two storied house, RPD, M240, PKM etc.. Once the group begins their run Tom will rise up and fire several five round bursts starting at upper levels and moving down. If he notices any enemy he will fire on them as they appear.

Tom Jones
RPK-74 (20/45)
Firing at two storied house.
Under truck rear left tyre.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:21, Tue 20 Oct 2009.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1496 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Thu 22 Oct 2009
at 02:16
Meeting the Neighbors

Hamlet

From behind the Zil truck's rear tires, Jones fires two bursts into the western bottom floor window. Bullets smack into the plaster around the open window but there are fewer visible impacts than shots fired, suggesting that several of the rounds have passed through the window. Regardless, fire from that window immediately stops. Satisfied, Jones crawls backwards and emerges on the other side of the truck, where the very sore Mariusz is catching his breath. The miltiamen shot in the ankle just 30 seconds before growls in pain nearby. A primed but unused LAW lies on the ground a few meters away.

Stoner fires a grenade at the same lower floor window for good measure. The third time is unfortunately not the charm. The grenade impacts a meter below the open window, the ensuing explosion gouging out a chuck of the plaster-covered brick but failing to penetrate the sturdy wall. It may have had some psychological value, though, because no pirate gunman reappears at that window. All fire from the large house has ceased completely, for the time being at least.

The assault team's right (west) flank is protected by the militia PKM gunner at the west end of the Zil and Drew's M240 provides cover to the group's left (east) flank. The Marine has seen nothing worth shooting at. No one has yet attempted to replace the team of five dead and wounded AT gunners. If they do, he'll be able to fire on them before they get to the Rapira.

As Stoner prepares to lead a quick assault on the large house, Konrad arrives behind the Zil and asks,

"What is the situation here?"

Back at the north end of town, Minh catches her breath in the small, militia-held house. The bandage she'd applied to her wounded leg back at the Tarpan-Honker has come loose with the recent exertion and blood has leaked into her boot. Wicks is in much worse shape. His face is grey, his eyes rolled up in the back of his head, and his pulse is very weak. His field blouse is drenched in blood, both front and back. It's been over five minutes since he's been shot and his wounds have yet to be bandaged. It may be too late.

Small Boat

For a few moments, waves of confusion wash over the surprised pirate's face. Then, his mind made up, his brow lowers and his jaw clenches. He may have been convinced that the approaching small boat was full of his comrades had a woman not spoken so impetuously to him. He didn't know all of his pirate "brothers" by name, but he damn well knew for certain that no women were among them- at least none so assertive (or armed). Women didn't make good pirates; they were only fit for more servile "duties".

The pirate lifts his AKMS (turned sideways) over the "Viking" longboat's faux wooden gunwhale and levels it at the boat, now only a few meters away and almost just below him.

(the viking ship is about 15m away, and about 2m taller, than the tug's small boat)

Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:47, Thu 22 Oct 2009.

Dave 'Bones' Stoner
 NPC, 339 posts
 HM2 (E-5)
 US Navy
Thu 22 Oct 2009
at 05:09
Meet the Feebles
"Come an' I'll fill you in," Stoner tossed back over his shoulder a heartbeat before bursting from cover and heading for the window his grenade had just failed to sail through.

Stoner
AK-74 (30/30) +5 mags
BG-15 (0/1 HE) + 2 HE
PM Makarov (8/8) +2 mags
Bursting forward to slam bodily into the wall beside the bottom right window of the southern house
Hoping like mad somebody with hand grenades is coming along with him!

Tom Jones
 player, 15 posts
 Private
 2 KINGS, King's Regiment
Thu 22 Oct 2009
at 09:31
Re: Meet the Feebles

Tom throws one of his field dressings to the wounded militiaman and checks on the wounded polish NCO trying to get him to sit up.

Shit Tom thought as the Seal/Marine guy burst from cover. He rises to a standing position and lifts his RPK to his shoulder. He steadies its rest on the edge of the truck and fires off 4 five round bursts at the windows engaging any pirates who return fire.


Tom Jones
RPK-74 (20/45)
Firing at two storied house.
Standing next to rear right tyre.
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 577 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Thu 22 Oct 2009
at 16:06
Re: Meet the Feebles
Mariusz smiled at Tom and said, "Thanks, I'll live."

He rolled upright and retrieved the rocket launcher, "If you don't mind, could you time your covering fire with my next attempt at shooting this thing?"
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 1406 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Thu 22 Oct 2009
at 18:57
Re: Meet the Feebles
Thinnking quickly (and waiting for Jan to make his move) Dawid turned to Anneka and said with anger in his voice that was believable,

"Shut the fuck up, you stupid fucking cunt-whore!"

Leaving the grenade where it was under his thigh, he cuffed her backhanded across the face, hopefully not too hard but enough to turn her head.

He turned back to the ship and flashed an ingratiating grin, "sorry, you guys, this is just some insane "ditch pig" we picked up, crazy as a fucking loon, won't shut up, thinks she knows everything, keeps trying to tell us what to do. We took turns fucking her, and the time just got away from us, you know? When we're done you can have turns with her. She's a real whore, she'll pull the train on the lot of you and then blow a goat for a pack of cigarettes."

"First, though, I may take a few minutes to beat her silly, teach her some common sense and manners. Should have done this a long time ago."


He turned back and winked at her.  "You shit-for-brains slut! You never tell us what to do, NEVER!" Praying the gambit would work, he cuffed her again for good measure.


Dawid
RPD + 80 rounds, Stechkin + 2 spare magazines
4 RGD-5 Grenades, 2 Smoke, 2 Flares
Sitting in the boat, trying to make the "Hail Mary" Persuasion check

This message was last edited by the player at 19:36, Thu 22 Oct 2009.

Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 516 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Thu 22 Oct 2009
at 19:06
Re: Meet the Feebles
Griet heard the sound of firing and combat in the distance and then she turned to Adam, "How close can we get to the entrance of the tributary? I'd like to be as close to the action as possible, a quick turn around will be necessary if we're to get everyone off, I'd also like to be in a position to saturate the withdrawal point with as much fire as we can, eventuall we'll be down to a beachhead of three people if we have to use the launch to withdraw."

She frowned, "We need to maximise our position without compromising our ability to manuvre if any threats appear unexpectedly."
'Old' Adam Rataj
 NPC, 75 posts
 Polish (NPC)
 Captain of the Queen
Thu 22 Oct 2009
at 22:53
Re: Meet the Feebles
Griet Niewiadomska:
Griet heard the sound of firing and combat in the distance and then she turned to Adam, "How close can we get to the entrance of the tributary? I'd like to be as close to the action as possible, a quick turn around will be necessary if we're to get everyone off, I'd also like to be in a position to saturate the withdrawal point with as much fire as we can, eventuall we'll be down to a beachhead of three people if we have to use the launch to withdraw."

She frowned, "We need to maximise our position without compromising our ability to manuvre if any threats appear unexpectedly."


Adam frowns. "The entrance to the tributary is likely filled with silt. See how the water looks more brown over there? That's an alluvial fan- sediment ejected by the Swinder. You know what that means. The closer we get, the likelier we'll run aground. I'll get as close as I can, but..."
Anneka Soleblume
 player, 1246 posts
 Major
 Israeli Medical Officer
Thu 22 Oct 2009
at 23:19
Re: Meet the Feebles
Ignoring Dawid's unexpected tirade, Anneka flicked off the safety, pointed the barrel of her RPK up towards the pirate, and squeezed the trigger.
Although the weapon remained hanging from it's sling over her shoulder, she hoped the burst from the hip, fired at such close range, would at least cause the man to rethink his options...

Anneka
RPK-74 (35/40) + 6x30
Firing a burst from the hip at pirate

Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 517 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Fri 23 Oct 2009
at 15:19
Re: Meet the Feebles
"You need to use your best judgement," Griet said, "if you can get us in a position to fire up the tributary without running aground do it. If the launch comes under fire on the way back we may be able to offer support with the Dushkas. If you can't, however, don't risk grounding her, if we can't support them, we can't."
Jan Cerny
 NPC, 153 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Fri 23 Oct 2009
at 16:07
Re: Meet the Feebles
Jan had been waiting for the pirate to be suspicious. As the man realized what was going on, Jan titled his AKM up and fired a burst. He snapped the assault rifle to his shoulder and fired another burst. He swiveled his head left to right scanning for any other threats appearing.

The viking boat had been a real surprise. Of course it made sense being there when you thought about it, but it was a surreal sight all the same. The world still had power to surprise.
Minh Quyen
 player, 444 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Sat 24 Oct 2009
at 12:22
Re: Meet the Feebles
Quyen takes a moment to remove her bandage and reapply it. While she does, she shouts at the casaulty caregiver, "This man needs to be moved to the river. We need people to transport him."

Once the bandage is fixed, she limps over to a vantage point, and looks around to try to develope some situational awareness. "Can you help me?" she says, turning around to face the ORMO in the room. She patted her webbing and said, "No radio. I can't call for help. But the Hauptmann already did. It should be coming... but he needs help now."

This message was last edited by the player at 12:23, Sat 24 Oct 2009.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1498 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 24 Oct 2009
at 17:47
Dead on Arrival

Hamlet

With Jones peppering the recently vacated upper floor windows with bursts of automatic fire (-20 rounds), Stoner rushes the house. He thuds into the wall where his grenade had hit just a few seconds before, feeling the weakened brick wall give just a little with the impact.

Innitially, no one follows the mad rush. But Konrad [NPCed] orders three of the militiamen to follow. The RPD gunner takes up a position at the east corner of the house, covering the AT gun, while the others, armed with AKMs, stack up against the wall near Stoner.

Konrad remains behind the Zil with Mariusz, Jones, the militia PKM gunner, and the ankle-shot militiaman. Addressing the young squad leader, Konrad reports,

"The gas is released but we lost four men and Wicks is badly wounded. A small group including the doctor is on its way up the Swinder but we need to clear out of here as soon as possible. What is the situation here?"

Back at the casualty clearing station, Minh makes her intentions to evacuate Wicks clear to the militiamen. There are two non-ambulatory casualties (Wicks and the militiaman shot in both legs) and four able-bodied people, including Minh. It can be done, but the little group would be practically defenseless during any move and leaving the house would entail abandoning the three dead comrades that rest inside.

With his badly wounded hand, one of the militiamen tries to bandage Wick's trio of abdominal wounds. The Welshman's belly is covered in so much blood, it takes one bandage just to wipe up enough to get another bandage to stay put over the wounds. By the looks of him, Wicks' chances of survival at this point are close to nil.

Small Boat

Jan is ready. Forgoing the use of his silenced Polish submachinegun, the Legionairre lifts his AK-74  and fires off a burst (-5 rounds) at the gunman. The pirate is knocked backwards into the Viking boat in a cloud of flying splinters, dropping his AKM into the cold, brown water of the Swinder. Anneka adds a burst of her own to the chaos (-5 rounds). The immediate threat is removed but the small group's arrival has been announced. Hopefully, no one will notice with all of the firing going on in the hamlet. And, there could be others concealed behind the tall gunwhale of the Viking tour boat.

Wisla Krolowa

Following Griet's instructions, Adam manouvers the tug a little closer to the tributary mouth but still keeps his distance. A mud flat is clearly visible just beneath the murky water and a slick of burning oil from the destroyed pirate PT is drifting downriver towards them. The sounds of the firefight in the hamlet drift through the woods lining the eastern shore. A brief burst of automatic fire seems like its origin was much closer.

Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:12, Sat 24 Oct 2009.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 578 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sat 24 Oct 2009
at 18:32
Re: Dead on Arrival
Mariusz reported quickly, "Fire from these three buildings have pinned us here. We appear to have suppressed that one and that one," he paused to point out the houses, "and we are assaulting the third. I have the LAW prepped for use and I propose to use it to try and demolish the middle position. We haven't got time for house to house fighting. I'd suggest we fire the Law and try to use the AT gun to take out the other house. Then we can send people back to get the wounded and evacuate this area."
Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 518 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Sat 24 Oct 2009
at 18:34
Re: Dead on Arrival
Griet frowned as she heard fire closer to the Queen. The sound suggested that the rescue party were under fire. She made sure Lubislow was manning the Mk-19 and then waited by the radio, blind and deaf until they were contacted there was nothing to do but wait.
Steven Drew
 player, 55 posts
 Sergeant
 USMC
Sat 24 Oct 2009
at 19:02
Re: Dead on Arrival
Cap'n Rae:
Hamlet

With Jones peppering the recently vacated upper floor windows with bursts of automatic fire (-20 rounds), Stoner rushes the house. He thuds into the wall where his grenade had hit just a few seconds before, feeling the weakened brick wall give just a little with the impact.

Innitially, no one follows the mad rush. But Konrad [NPCed] orders three of the militiamen to follow. The RPD gunner takes up a position at the east corner of the house, covering the AT gun, while the others, armed with AKMs, stack up against the wall near Stoner.

Konrad remains behind the Zil with Mariusz, Jones, the militia PKM gunner, and the ankle-shot militiaman. Addressing the young squad leader, Konrad reports,

"The gas is released but we lost four men and Wicks is badly wounded. A small group including the doctor is on its way up the Swinder but we need to clear out of here as soon as possible. What is the situation here?"

Back at the casualty clearing station, Minh makes her intentions to evacuate Wicks clear to the militiamen. There are two non-ambulatory casualties (Wicks and the militiaman shot in both legs) and four able-bodied people, including Minh. It can be done, but the little group would be practically defenseless during any move and leaving the house would entail abandoning the three dead comrades that rest inside.

With his badly wounded hand, one of the militiamen tries to bandage Wick's trio of abdominal wounds. The Welshman's belly is covered in so much blood, it takes one bandage just to wipe up enough to get another bandage to stay put over the wounds. By the looks of him, Wicks' chances of survival at this point are close to nil.

Next Moves?



   Drew:

  Drew continues to scan his section and tries his best to maintain situational awareness.  If there is firing going on he will try to locate it at least visualy, or even listen to get an idea of what is happening if he can't spot it and lay down covering fire.

  Drew having heard the grenade blasts shifts his position to spot what is going on and lay down covering fire if he can.

Sgt. Drew
M240
Tom Jones
 player, 16 posts
 Private
 2 KINGS, King's Regiment
Sun 25 Oct 2009
at 17:58
Re: Dead on Arrival

Tom Lifts the RPK off the edge of the truck and runs towards the anti-tank gun while yelling for cover. As he runs he loads another magazine into the light support weapon and takes up a position behind the anti-tank guns shield facing towards the two storied house. He will engage any visable targets.



Tom Jones
RPK-74 (45/45)
Firing at two storied house.
Anti-Tank gun shield.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:01, Sun 25 Oct 2009.

Anneka Soleblume
 player, 1248 posts
 Major
 Israeli Medical Officer
Mon 26 Oct 2009
at 03:34
Re: Dead on Arrival
"Jan and Dawid, climb over and clear the boat," Anneka directed the two combat specialists in their small team of four.
"We'll provide cover until you can do the same for us."

Anneka
RPK-74 (35/40) + 6x30
Directing Dawid and Jan to clear the longship before climbing over with the SLR militiaman (what's his name anyway?)

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 1409 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Tue 27 Oct 2009
at 00:22
Re: Dead on Arrival
In reply to Anneka Soleblume (msg #999):

Not having a direct-fire weapon ready when Anneka raised her SAW, Dawid ducked down behind Jan so as to be out of the line of any outgoing or incoming fire.

When Jan's burst silenced the sentry, he cautiously raised his head.

quote:
"Jan and Dawid, climb over and clear the boat," Anneka directed the two combat specialists in their small team of four.
"We'll provide cover until you can do the same for us."


"Okay!" He readied his pistol grenade, and looked at Jan as he crawled to the side of the boat. "I'll throw the grenade, you pop up and take out anyone. Go!"

With that, he pulled the pin on the grenade and let the spoon fly off, then tossed it overhand into the longboat.

"Grenade!"
Jan Cerny
 NPC, 154 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Tue 27 Oct 2009
at 00:34
Re: Dead on Arrival
"Watch for the splinters," Jan said, as the grenade arced away.  "That boat may sink with that grenade if it's made of fiberglass."

"Annaka, watch the far shore and upstream."

If the viking tour ship did not sink or begin sinking, Jan was prepared to go clamber aboard. If it did start sinking, he would have their launch continue upstream, David watching to the rear, Jan to the left and forward, and Annaka to the right and forward.
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 679 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Tue 27 Oct 2009
at 02:13
Re: Dead on Arrival
Tucker continues to scan the starboard side of the ship for any new threats hearing the gunfire in the distance.
Dave 'Bones' Stoner
 NPC, 340 posts
 HM2 (E-5)
 US Navy
Tue 27 Oct 2009
at 02:45
Re: Dead on Arrival
"One grenade," Stoner muttered to his companions in his poor Polish, a jerk of his head indicating the window while his hands busied themselves reloading the BG-15.

Three, his fingers flashed.

Two, he tensed ready to leap.

One

"Go!"

Stoner
AK-74 (30/30) +5 mags
BG-15 (1/1 HE) + 1 HE
PM Makarov (8/8) +2 mags
Reload BG-15
Instructing AKM militiaman to toss one grenade through window
Preparing to follow the grenade a heartbeat after it explodes

Minh Quyen
 player, 445 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Tue 27 Oct 2009
at 12:58
Re: Dead on Arrival
"Come on." Quyen says directing her attention to the wounded men with her. "Help me with this man."

Quyen takes off Wicks's webbing to lighten the load and thows it over her shoulder. Then allowing the four men to share in the effort of transporting Wicks and the other non-walking casualty, she readies her rifle and prepares to lead the way. "I cover you." she announces, "We go South West."

Quyen
AK74 (30/30)
Covering the stretcher bearers

This message was last edited by the player at 12:59, Tue 27 Oct 2009.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1054 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Tue 27 Oct 2009
at 13:17
Re: Dead on Arrival
Mariusz Tokarski:
Mariusz reported quickly, "Fire from these three buildings have pinned us here. We appear to have suppressed that one and that one," he paused to point out the houses, "and we are assaulting the third. I have the LAW prepped for use and I propose to use it to try and demolish the middle position. We haven't got time for house to house fighting. I'd suggest we fire the Law and try to use the AT gun to take out the other house. Then we can send people back to get the wounded and evacuate this area."


Bayer nods at the young squad leader's report. He then says "We need to break contact to consolidate. We're too spread out here and unfocused."

Looking down, he motions to the M72 and asks, "You can handle that alright? Or do you want me to."

If Mariusz hands it over, Bayer will arm the weapon and aim at one of the walls nearest where some of the heavier fire is coming from. If Mariusz wants to take the shot, Bayer will instead get into a position of observation and aim his weapon at an enemy target.

Bayer
Either aiming the M72 or his rifle

This message was last edited by the player at 13:17, Tue 27 Oct 2009.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 579 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Tue 27 Oct 2009
at 18:44
Re: Dead on Arrival
"Be my guest," said Mariusz handing Bayer the readied LAW, he readied his G3 and said, "I'll cover you."

He made sure he was in a position to cover Bayer without getting fried by the backblast.

Mariusz
G3 20/20
Covering Bayer