Ch. 14: Gora Kalwaria (Part I)   Posted by Cap'n Rae.Group: 0
Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 484 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Mon 24 Aug 2009
at 13:47
Re: Convergence
Griet called out to her crew, "Four enemy boats to the front, Dushkas engage at 300 meters, hose the bastards and don't worry about ammo. Ondar, aim for drivers."

She picked up the radio and called out to Dawid, "Dawid, prepare for firemissions, we are engaging river targets too so I'll give you the best platform I can, but no promises."

"Kaptain," she said over the radio, "be advised, we are within mortar range of the hamlet and your position. We are also preparing to engage four enemy boats. You may want to rely on the fire support team's grenade launcher for indirect fire until we can stop and provide a stable platform."

She kept hold of the handset and looked forward as the enemy raced toward them.
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 550 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Mon 24 Aug 2009
at 13:48
Re: Convergence
Mariusz whistled as he saw the results of Stoner's shot.

I have seriously got to get me one of those, he thought to himself. He gripped his rifle tightly and awaited orders.
Dave 'Bones' Stoner
 NPC, 323 posts
 HM2 (E-5)
 US Navy
Mon 24 Aug 2009
at 14:17
Re: Convergence
Without the slightest hesitation, Stoner fished out another grenade and slotted it into the stubby barrel before slinging the whole weapon over his back again.
Shooting a quick grin at Mariusz he took up the PKM and prepared for the next move.
"When you absolutely, positively, have to kill every mutha in town..."

Stoner
PKM (90) 3x100 belts
AK-74/BG-15 (30/30) + 5 spare mags, (1/1) 4x40mmS HE, 1 40mmS ILLUM
Reloading BG-15, preparing for next action

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1024 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Tue 25 Aug 2009
at 10:33
Re: Convergence
Alan Wicks:
Wicks again raises the Captain on the radio and give a SITREP post mortar strike with the additional Intel about the occupied buildings. He also adds that he feels they are going to defend the hamlet and not investigate the bridge. Finally he asks:

“Additional orders Captain ?”


Bayer toggles the radio once, "Sunray. Hold position. We're going to advance. Meet us halfway to guide us as close as you can without exposing ourselves. Over."

Bayer then alerts the section commanders, "Prepare to move. Single file... HQ, one and two squad, then weaps. Mariusz, put out a man on the flanks for security. We may need to close assault the buildings."

Griet Niewiadomska:
"Kaptain," she said over the radio, "be advised, we are within mortar range of the hamlet and your position. We are also preparing to engage four enemy boats. You may want to rely on the fire support team's grenade launcher for indirect fire until we can stop and provide a stable platform."


He toggles the radio a second time, "Sunray understood. Maintain best speed. Report when under five minutes eta. Over."

Bayer will then lead the platoon forward until they meet the guide. He then plans to deploy in the same fashion as they had at the bridge, but still just out of view of the buildings.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:34, Tue 25 Aug 2009.

Anneka Soleblume
 player, 1212 posts
 Major
 Israeli Medical Officer
Wed 26 Aug 2009
at 07:06
FSG
Cap'n Rae:
Anneka hears Kamil's voice over the radio.
"One bomb remaining. Ready for final fire mission."


"Stand by." she radioed back.

"Sunray this is Starlight. Standing by for fire mission. Oscar Bravos remaining."

Cap'n Rae:
A fifth boat, a one-ton Border Police river patrol boat turns right upon leaving the Swinder and heads north.

OOC: (Provided she can also see it)

The sound of boat engines moving about on the far side of the river gave Anneka a clue that things were afoot. Lining up the RPK-74 on the northern side of the smoke cloud, she was ready for the partol boat when it appeared.

Two well spaced bursts shot forth a few seconds apart to allow her tiny body to recover from the recoil. While she had little confidence any of the rounds would strike their intended target at such extreme range, she had to at least try.

Anneka
RPK-74 (30/40) + 4x30
Firing at police boat 2x burst extreme range

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:44, Sun 30 Aug 2009.

Minh Quyen
 player, 426 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Wed 26 Aug 2009
at 10:49
Re: FSG
Quyen gives a thumbs up to the Hauptmann, and then motions for her gunner's assistants to get ready to manpack the AGS and ammo. Once they step off, she'll lead her team into position at the rear. Although she didn't expect enemy contact since they had 'eyes' up front, she moved alertly, ready to provide immediate security if her AGS team was threatened.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:49, Wed 26 Aug 2009.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 551 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Wed 26 Aug 2009
at 12:42
Re: FSG
"Yes, Sir," Mariusz said and detailed two of his men to either flank.

He watched them go and then stood for a moment next to the Kaptain, he looked at the man and spoke quietly to him.
Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 485 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Wed 26 Aug 2009
at 12:56
Re: FSG
Griet called out to the others on the boat, "We have incoming craft! AT gun, keep your heads down, only use your rifles if the enemy get within grenade or boarding distance, keep back from the sides."

She'd talked to her sniper and gunners already so she turned to Dawid, "Dawid, enemy boats incoming, we won't be able to stop to provide fire support until we've neutralised them. Fight your team as you see best."

She looked forward again at the oncoming boats, "Keep moving toward the enemy at present, Father. If we get a chance of a ram, take it, if not, once they pass us and turn back, use the tactics we developed the last time they attacked us."

As Griet finished her commands she tried to picture how the battle would unfold, she wasn't sure, but could see it breaking into several phases. Firstly the Dushkas would engage and most likely make the boats take evasive action without actually damaging any, then the boats would get close enough to return fire, if the Dushkas did their job right, the return fire would be from bobbing and jinking boats and whilst it would hit the Krowola, hopefully it wouldn't harm the crew. The most dangerous phase for the enemy boats would be as they passed the Krowla when the Dushkas could rake them at close range.

Given the sheer amount of lead they could put out, she hoped to score at least one disabled boat at that point. The next phase would be crucial, the boats would either sweep down the river and make good their escape or turn to prepare to board the tug. As they turned, they'd be easier targets and Griet hoped the Dushkas would score another kill then. that was if they hadn't jammed by then.

After that, Dawid would have to defend against a boarding action, the most worrying problem would be grenades because if they closed to board, the Homer Piec would give them a hot, steamy surpirise.

Griet focussed her binoculars on the oncoming craft, hopefully she could find out what weaponry they were carrying, an auto cannon or RPG added to the mix on the enemy side could completely ruin her equation.
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1431 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Fri 28 Aug 2009
at 00:20
Battle is Joined

Assault Group

As Konrad leads the main assault group towards a link-up with the two man scout group (Wicks and militia rifleman), he and the others hear a smattering of small arms fire. It's hard to tell where it is coming from just by sound but it does seem to be originating from behind them, towards the northern bridge. Almost as soon as it begins, though, it ends.

The main force of about 24 (minus anyone left behind or sent back) fighters advances between the main highway and a smaller, unpaved road that runs parallel to it. There is plenty of partial concealment along the way in the form of of dead trees and scraggly underbrush. The groups finds Wicks and his wingman behind a solitary outbuilding, about 300m north of the main complex- a tightly packed cluster of run-down structures. The pirates appear to have spotted the main body's approach and a desultory barrage of small arms fire crackles and zings overhead. From the sound of it, it's only about dozen or so automatic rifles firing single shots but it is gut-tightening nonetheless. No one is hit on the approach. Once in position, Konrad and the others can see muzzle flashes coming from the two nearest buildings flanking either side of the dirt road leading into the hamlet.

(OOC: If you click on the most recent map link and zoom in on the southern bridge over the Swinder, in satellite image mode, you should be able to see what I'm attempting to describe.)

FSG

Anneka braces herself agains the recoil of the RPK and looses two bursts at the northbound one-tonne boat. The three green tracers among the outbound rounds seem to intersect with the boat's course. It continues on undetered but, as the rise and curve of the land between her position and the river begins to conceal the boat from view, it appears to turn to port, heading for the west bank of the river.

Jan, meanwhile, takes it upon himself to change ammo from the dwindling supply of HVHEDP to the more plentiful HVHE. While he does so, four small boats break upriver from the shelter of the mid-channel island. Something else catches his eye as well, a column of white smoke rising further upriver. He shouts out a warning,

"Four small pirate boats are heading south. I think I see the Krolowa coming this way as well."

Wisla Krolowa

As the four pirate skiffs charge at the tug, Old Adam slows slightly to prepare for evasive (or offensive) manouvers and to provide the tug's gunners with a more stable firing platform.

Ondar, prone on the bridge roof, waits for the lead boat to get within very long range (about 700 for his marksman's rifle) before taking a shot at its occupants. Instead of a gunshot, Griet and the others aboard the bridge hear a string of what must be Tuvan expletives through the intercom, followed by a burst of broken English,

"Rifle is jammed! Ondar fix it now."

Within a few seconds, the small boats, closing rapidly in no apparent formation have nearly halved the distance between themselves and the tug.

Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:33, Fri 28 Aug 2009.

Minh Quyen
 player, 427 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Fri 28 Aug 2009
at 05:50
Re: Battle is Joined
Quyen points to a suitable position and says quickly, "Setup setup." to her assistants. Even if this was only a temporary staging area, she positioned the AGS where there was sufficient cover and hopefully a little concealment too.

"AGS ready. Standing by." she reported.
Alan Wicks
 player, 120 posts
 Lieutenant
 Royal Green Jackets
Fri 28 Aug 2009
at 10:54
Re: Battle is Joined

Once Wicks and the militiaman have linked with the main group Wicks seeks out the Captain:

“Sir if possible I would try to get a 120mm round on one of the two building we are receiving fire from, mite just be enough to break their sprit.”

He then returns to the squad and deploys them behind cover and concealed as best he can and reminds them, semi-auto only and ID your targets.

“Drew is it ? Can you find somewhere with good cover and fields of fire stay close though.”

If the Captain gives the order to commence firing wicks will fire an HE grenade at any machine gun positions he spotted within the two buildings.


Alan Wicks
M14K (20/20) HK-69 (1/1 HE)
Engaging enemy
Southern squad

This message was last edited by the player at 09:39, Sat 29 Aug 2009.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 552 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Fri 28 Aug 2009
at 13:04
Re: Battle is Joined
As Mariusz saw the half hearted fire from the houses he got his troops into cover and deployed them, "Stoner, please place your machinegun where you think it'll do most good," he said, trusting the veteran to make the decision over placement, he turned to the RPD section, "Set up over there," he pointed to a small clump of trees behind them, "face north and cover our backs, if you see anything let us know."

The rifle section formed a rough skirmish line facing the buildings. Mariusz unslung his rifle and set the selector to single shots. He pointed it in teh direction of the enemy and waited.
Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 486 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Fri 28 Aug 2009
at 13:08
Re: Battle is Joined
Griet frowned as Ondar's gun jammed, first a miss and now a jam, the Spesnatz was going to need a serious attitude readjustment if they survived this engagement. As he called to her she saw the smaller boats race forward, just over 350ms, she estimated to herself, given their speeds and general reaction times that meant... "Open fire!" she yelled at the Dushkas, "Kill the sons of bitches!"
Steven Drew
 player, 40 posts
 Sergeant
 USMC
Sat 29 Aug 2009
at 04:18
Re: Battle is Joined
Drew checks his weapon, his fingers run along the belt of ammo for the M240, making sure it isn't kinked or any dirt or debris has gotten in the belt to cause a jam, his fingers also tell him how many rounds he has left for the belt.

  He thinks to himself,

"Keep the bursts short, aim for yer targets, aim, save yer rounds, make em count and keep the barrel cool."

Sgt Drew
M240
GM, where the heck am I?
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 656 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Sun 30 Aug 2009
at 03:07
Re: Battle is Joined
Griet Niewiadomska:
Griet frowned as Ondar's gun jammed, first a miss and now a jam, the Spesnatz was going to need a serious attitude readjustment if they survived this engagement. As he called to her she saw the smaller boats race forward, just over 350ms, she estimated to herself, given their speeds and general reaction times that meant... "Open fire!" she yelled at the Dushkas, "Kill the sons of bitches!"

Tucker heard the calls from Griet when they first heard the calls of four watercraft approaching and the gunners were to open fire at three hundred meters.  He got himself prepared and settled in to his position and ready to fire and also to make sure he was ready to repel boarders if it came down to that this time.

A bad sign Robert knew that when your Russian sniper starts cursing and you hear him call out that his weapon has jammed and the Polish Petty officer calling over the radio to 'Kill the bastards', was not a good sign for them.  The only thing he could do is hit his radio's transmit button and call out, "Tucker copies!  Engaging the bastards!"

Tucker sights in the closest craft to his side and begins to open fire on it with extreme prejudice.

Tucker
Starboard Dushka position
OPening fire like a mad man

This message was last edited by the player at 00:36, Mon 31 Aug 2009.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1025 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Sun 30 Aug 2009
at 08:38
Re: Battle is Joined
Bayer raises his field glasses and surveys the two occupied buildings to the front. He nods to Wicks and Mariusz, "Ja. I do want to assault... but not with these conditions of course. Ve're definitely going to soften up those enemy first."

Lying on the ground he looks at the laminated map attached to his rifle stock. Bayer will then confirm the grid on the map to that of the building he was looking at. Speaking into the radio, he says, "Queen. Sunray. Stand by to copy for fire mission. Grid NK455691... infantry in buildings... set bombs for charge delay... 1 round for adjust. Advise when ready. Over."

He knew it would be a few moments with the Queen needing to stop and prepare, so he decided to use the time to ready the rest of the ground force. Pointing to the nearest two buildings, he says "Mariusz. Wicks. I want a foothold in those two buildings. We'll use the forest cover to get into a launching position. Once we are in position, we'll evaluate the objective and determine if it is ready for assault or needs more fire. Then it ist typical breaching drill."

"One building at a time. Wicks your squad will be in the breach first. Mariusz, the gun teams and the AGS will be in support base... they will fire you in and keep the second building pinned. I'll be in assault group right behind your men Wicks."


1. Platoon uses the forest cover to advance parallel to the dirt road.
2. Mortar fire on objective building reduces enemy effectiveness.
3. Platoon arrives and takes up assault positions in area estimated outside of effective enemy fire range.
4. Evaluate situation for assault chance of success.

Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 487 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Sun 30 Aug 2009
at 08:55
Re: Battle is Joined
"This is Queen, roger that Sunray, relaying now,over," Griet replied over thr radio, "Dawid, fire mission warning, Grid NK455691... infantry in buildings... set bombs for charge delay... 1 round for adjust. Advise when ready. Let me know when I can contact Bayer."
Minh Quyen
 player, 428 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Sun 30 Aug 2009
at 14:16
Re: Battle is Joined
Quyen will keep the AGS team under cover and out of the way until called up. When the platoon moves out, she'll keep her group at the tail end.

Quyen
Keeping the AGS team in cover and ready if called into action

Alan Wicks
 player, 122 posts
 Lieutenant
 Royal Green Jackets
Sun 30 Aug 2009
at 20:03
Re: Battle is Joined

Wicks nods at the Captains plan then moves back to the squad to brief the men before the move. His head begins to throb again as the pain meds wear off. Once the squad is ready to move forward Wicks gives the Captain a thumbs up.


Alan Wicks
M14K (20/20) HK-69 (1/1 HE)
Ready to move
Southern squad
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1439 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sun 30 Aug 2009
at 22:11
Broadsides

Wisla Krolowa

The four pirate boats, each throwing up a frothy white wake on their high speed attack runs, seem to be warry of the long-barrelled AT gun portruding over their target's pug-nosed prow. They split into elements of two, each pair swinging out wide to port and starboard to rake the tug from both sides.

Tucker, on the starboard Dushka, swings the heavy machine gun as far foward as it will go on its pintle mount and fires a burst at the leading attack boat on his side, laying a stream of fire across its path and holding it there until the pirate boat's own momentum takes it into the flury of 12.7mm slugs. Five rounds into the long burst, the big machine gun chokes to a clanking halt, victim of a severe misfeed. The first boat passes alongside, peppering the tug with small arms fire and Tucker, his recently wounded arms aching badly from firing the HMG, ducks behind the armored gunshield. Bullets ricochet off of the Krolowa's sturdy sides and superstructure. It sounds like small rocks bouncing off of an old brass bell sitting on soft soil.

Ondar, having quickly cleared his second jam in as many firefights, sights on the machine gunner in the bow of the trailing starboard boat and squeezes the trigger. The man jerks in Ondar's sights, bright-red arterial blood spraying sideways out of his ripped-open throat. It's a brilliant shot considering the speed and movement of the target. That boat passes to starboard as well, a pirate rifleman spraying tentative fire at the tug. Once again, no one is hit by the nearly wild fire.

On the port side, the militia gunner (Artur is his name), brimming with confidence (his friends would call it cockiness), opens up a thuderous broadside on the leading pirate boat on that side. His fire rips across the boat as it comes even with the tug's bow. A pirate's head explodes in a crimson spray and the boat jerks away, swinging dangerously close to the western shore before recovering and continuing on its course upriver. The militia gunner is just a little too fascinated by the carnage wrought by his handiwork, taking his eyes off the trailing boat. As it passes alongside the Krolowa, a pirate RPG gunner rises to his knees and takes sight with his rocket launcher. The rocket streaks towards the tug, trailing a rope-taught line of white smoke. Somehow, the pirate gunner misses the barn door-sized target, the rocket detonating in a cloud of orange-lit steam just ten meters from the tug's prow. Those forward and on the Krolowa's companionways are dusted by a fine, cold mist of spray from the near miss but no one is hurt and the sturdy tug is undamaged.

The last pirate boat races past the Krolowa, joining its sisters in her broad wake. They continue moving upriver, slowing after putting about 300m between themselves and the tug. They regroup in the middle of the channel, drawing close together to confer. Dawid and the mortar crew on the main deck aft have a good view of the impromptu pirate pow-wow. The cluster of boats bob and circle, their bloodied crews apparently attempting to coordinate their next move in the wake of their first, unsuccessful attack on the marauding makeshift amored river gunboat.

Main Assault Group

Using the smoking building decapitated by the last mortar round as a reference point, Konrad calls in his own corrections to the FSG and orders the firing of the group's last 120mm HE mortar bomb. Several seconds later, it impacts, detonating in the road between the two target houses. Even a few hundred meters from the explosion, the concussion is lung-punchingly jarring. The pirates inside the target buidlings, although protected from the shrapnel and direct blast of the explosion by sturdy brick walls, must be feeling the concussion even worse. This is the signal for the first bound. Using the trees as cover and concealment, the sections move towards the first of the target buildings. Enemy fire has slackened somewhat. Perhaps they can't really see their targets, perhaps they are losing their resolve.

The assault and cover groups reach their jumping off point about 100m from the first house. Fire from its windows is increasing in volume and accuracy now and one of the militiamen in Mariusz' group is hit- a grazing wound high on his right side, a few inches below his armpit. He grimaces at the pain but nods that he is OK and ready to fight.

In Minh's group, the AGS porters find a small gully and set up the Plamya on its lip. From this position, the angle to the first target house is too oblique to launch grenades directly through its windows, but they still have directly LOS, and a shattered window and door to the second target house, 50m further downrange, are clearly visible.

In Konrad's professional opinion, with a base of fire provided by the AGS and the group's three LMGs*, a direct assault on this building** stands a good chance of success.

*Aside from the group's assault rifles and underbarrel grenade launchers, this is the heavy firepower available. Not necesarrily all of it need be used. Drew has the 240 and Stoner the PKM; a veteran militiamen has the RPD.

**The group is facing the building's northeast corner. It is a one-story brick home. There is a [back] door in and two windows in the northern wall and one small window (a bathroom?) in the east wall. The second target building, across the road to the west, is slighly larger and has a different configuration.

Konrad and Minh, how many 155mm VX shells did the group bring? Who's carrying them?


Fire Support Group

At Anneka's side, the radio crackles to life,

"Starlight, Steel Rain. Fire mission complete. Bingo raindrops, repeat Bingo raindrops. Should we pack up the thundercloud?"

The meaning of the message is clear, however, Anneka's attention is divided at the moment. It appears that a small party of pirates has crossed the Vistula downriver of her team's positions. They aren't yet visible, but their landing is probably no more than 500m to the north. With only six men (including herself) at her disposal, only three of them experienced fighters, their position is tenuous to say the least. The fire support group has completed its main mission and its ability to assist the main assault group has been severely curtailed by the expenditure of the party's last heavy mortar ammunition.

Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:22, Sun 30 Aug 2009.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 1376 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Mon 31 Aug 2009
at 07:22
Re: Broadsides
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #776):

Seeing the boats so conveniently clustered together, Dawid decided to treat them to some fragmentation, see if that might show them the tactical error of their ways.

"Two rounds, fragmentation, range three hundred metres, FIRING!"

He pulled the firing lever twice, first making sure everyone was clear.

Dawid Piotrowski
82mm Vasilek (5/5 + 4 HE, 2HEDP, 2 WP)
Firing 2 single shots (not automatic, first one is aimed).

This message was last edited by the player at 05:40, Tue 01 Sept 2009.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 658 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Mon 31 Aug 2009
at 12:10
Re: Broadsides
Cap'n Rae:
Wisla Krolowa

The four pirate boats, each throwing up a frothy white wake on their high speed attack runs, seem to be warry of the long-barrelled AT gun portruding over their target's pug-nosed prow. They split into elements of two, each pair swinging out wide to port and starboard to rake the tug from both sides.

Tucker, on the starboard Dushka, swings the heavy machine gun as far foward as it will go on its pintle mount and fires a burst at the leading attack boat on his side, laying a stream of fire across its path and holding it there until the pirate boat's own momentum takes it into the flury of 12.7mm slugs. Five rounds into the long burst, the big machine gun chokes to a clanking halt, victim of a severe misfeed. The first boat passes alongside, peppering the tug with small arms fire and Tucker, his recently wounded arms aching badly from firing the HMG, ducks behind the armored gunshield. Bullets ricochet off of the Krolowa's sturdy sides and superstructure. It sounds like small rocks bouncing off of an old brass bell sitting on soft soil.

Next Moves?

The noise of the ricochetting rounds goes right through Tucker's head as the boats pass him and pump incoming fire at the Krolowa and her occupants.  Robert tries to push himself up from where he took cover behind the gunshield and his old wounds feel the strain from just firing the HMG at the pirate boats.  Wincing, he reaches for the charging handle to see what caused the jam/misfeed and calls to Griet over the tugs band, "GRIET, TUCKER. STARBOARD GUN DOWN.  TRYING TO CLEAR.  OVER!"  Tucker goes into action as efficiently as he can trying to get the Dushka operational again.  When/if he hears/sees the pirate boats coming back for another run at the tug, he will try to use his cover to his advantage while trying to clear the jammed HMG.

Tucker
Starboard Dushka
Trying to clear the jam/misfeed
Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 488 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Mon 31 Aug 2009
at 12:26
Re: Broadsides
Griet turned to watch the boats fly past the tug, "Adam," she said, "I want the name of the charlaton that sold you the bloody Dushka ammunition. I want to have him killed, slowly."

She yelled up at Ondar, "Better, now do it again!"

She heard Tucker's call and said, "Roger that, Tucker, be careful and don't get yourself killed."

The four light boats turned to face the stern of the tug and seemed to pause momentarily, Griet hoped that they would decide discretion was the better part of valour and cut and run. Still, they made a nice target grouped loosely together back there. Her palms itched to have a gun to fire.

Two bass drum thuds echoed through the boat as Dawid obviously had the same idea, she yelled exultantly, the thrill of battle rising within her as she willed the bombs to strike their target.
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 553 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Mon 31 Aug 2009
at 12:33
Re: Broadsides
Mariusz reached the jumping off point and hugged a tree that was between him and the defenders. He undid the grenade pouches on his chest rig and made sure the pins were attached to the caribiners inside.

He looked at his men and made sure they were in cover and then checked the house again. A hundred meters of rough ground to cover, he could run that in about fifteen seconds in this kit, enough time for a cool defender to fire eight well aimed shots at him. That was if the defenders were cool headed, they'd been beaten yesterday, surprised today and were cornered in a house with death raining above them. With the machine guns covering them, they might just do this.

He glanced over at Bayer and said, "Ready to go, Sir. Do you want me to call for their surrender?"
Alan Wicks
 player, 123 posts
 Lieutenant
 Royal Green Jackets
Mon 31 Aug 2009
at 14:27
Re: Broadsides
When Wicks arrives at the jumping off point he aims and fires the HK-69 at the muzzle flashes in the window of the building they are about to assault. He then yells to Drew once he is in cover and has set up the M240 and to the militia on the RPK-74.

“Concentrate your fire at the windows and muzzle flashes.“

“Southern Squad prepare to assault the building, we will be going for the door, three on each side, stick close to the wall once you are there“

“You two will put one grenade through each of the windows before I breach the door understand“

“Everyone identify your targets, semi-auto and fire on my mark“


He then raises his M14K to his shoulder and fires aimed single shots at the muzzle flashes and waits for additional mortar fire or the order to go.


Alan Wicks
M14K (20/20) HK-69 (0/1 HE)
Firing HK-69,M14k single shots, then moving
Southern squad

This message was last edited by the player at 10:22, Tue 01 Sept 2009.