Ch. 14: Gora Kalwaria (Part I)   Posted by Cap'n Rae.Group: 0
Steven Drew
 player, 48 posts
 Sergeant
 USMC
Sun 11 Oct 2009
at 00:40
Re: The Ebb and Flow of Battle (GM supplemental)

  Drew:

  Drew will remain at his post with the machinegun.  He will keep situational awareness of the assault team, making sure that should they need it he can throw down covering fire.  If he sees any sign of the enemy counter attacking or trying to flank he will try to shout out a warning and then light the targets up.

Sgt Drew
M240
Covering
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 571 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sun 11 Oct 2009
at 09:32
Re: The Ebb and Flow of Battle (GM supplemental)
Mariusz picked up the grenades from the pile of loot and clipped the various nation's frag grenades into his chest pouches. He secured the smoke grenade to his gear and then said, "OK, I think the first bound needs to be to the workshop. Stoner, you stay here with the RPD gunners and cover the bound. There's a LAW here that you might want to use if the workshop is defended or if any other building opens up on us. Tom and I will lead the assault. Once we're at the workshop we'll cover you and the RPD gunners as the cross to us. Then we'll work out the next bound."

He looked at his companions, "Does that sound acceptable?"
Tom Jones
 player, 7 posts
 Private
 2 KINGS, King's Regiment
Sun 11 Oct 2009
at 11:30
Re: The Ebb and Flow of Battle (GM supplemental)

As he brushes the last of the accumulated snow and dirt off the AK submachine gun Tom nods as Mariusz out-lines the quick plan. He moves the bolt back gives the chamber a couple of quick puffs of air and chambers a round.

He then waits as everyone gets into place. With the AK at his shoulder he stares intently at the opening of the workshop and the wall where he will stop and take cover after the quick sprint*. As they are about to run Toms turns to the assembled group;

"I think we try to keep stray shots to a minimum, with the still and any stored fuel around ?“

*Tom intends to stop for just a short time by the workshop door then storm in. Just enough time to listen for any defenders.

Tom Jones
AKS-74U(30/30)
Small assault force
Engaging pirates
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1049 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Sun 11 Oct 2009
at 17:47
Re: The Ebb and Flow of Battle (GM supplemental)
Bayer settles down into a low position in the gully next to the spot on the road where Quyen set up the wires. As he slips a fresh 40mm HE round into the breech, he says (while Quyen attaches the wires to the detonator), "Keep going. Get yourself and Wicks back to the others. I'll stay behind until its time to blow the charges."

After he adjusts himself into a position of cover and concealment, he takes a hold of the blasting machine and sets it up next to him. Finally able to have a second to speak on the radio, he depresses the transmit and says, "Any call sign, this is Sunray. Am withdrawing under heavy pressure. Immediate linkup needed to help transport emergency casualty to med-aid. Over."

Bayer
Reloading 40mm and communicating
Hiding in gully next to the blasting machine

This message was last edited by the player at 17:49, Sun 11 Oct 2009.

Jan Cerny
 NPC, 144 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Mon 12 Oct 2009
at 02:13
Re: The Ebb and Flow of Battle
Jan pushed Kamil onto the tug. Though in a tarp, blood leaked onto the deck. Jan looked down at the blood on his own hands and fatigues. He stowed Kamil against a gunwale, lashed the body in place, and then went forward.

"LOOK AT MY HANDS" Jan yelled to the gunner in Polish. "YOU KILLED HIM."

Jan wiped his hands off on the man's jacket.

"This is a game? You are given a big gun to make a big noise and have fun? YOU are RESPONSIBLE for every bullet that leaves the barrel of this gun."

"Know where your people are, Think about the combat situation when you aren't firing. When a target appears you already know who is it."

Jan walked away, aft to retrieve the MK-19 and set it up to fire to starboard while he waited on orders.

Jan
Tug
Setting up MK-19.
Minh Quyen
 player, 442 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Mon 12 Oct 2009
at 17:36
Re: The Ebb and Flow of Battle (GM supplemental)
Konrad Bayer:
"Keep going. Get yourself and Wicks back to the others. I'll stay behind until its time to blow the charges."


Quyen leans over the blasting machine, connecting the wires to the two gas shells. After tightening the last one she hands the device to the Hauptmann and says, "Understood. See you at the village. We're gone."

Then without wasting any more time, hopefully before the first enemy broke through the smoke cover, she rushes over to where Wicks and the Militia are. Pointing for each man to grab onto the wounded officer, the three begin to jointly haul him to the south in a three man carry. Leaving each of the ORMO to lift under Wick's arms, Quyen slings her rifle and uses both hands to carry his legs.

"C'mon. Lets go." she says quickly.

Quyen
Three man carry of Wicks south

Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 508 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Mon 12 Oct 2009
at 18:47
Re: The Ebb and Flow of Battle (GM supplemental)
Griet secured the boat and caught Jan's tongue lashing as he ripped into the gunner. She frowned and waited for the Legionnaire to move forward with the MK-19. She walked up to the gunner who sat weeping uselessly by his gun and gently pulled his hands away from his face and looked into his tear-filled eyes, "Today you killed a companion and injured another, that's true, but you were following my orders, the responsibility is mine, not yours. Yesterday you saved the tug and your village twice. When your companions were pinned by mortar fire and being cut to pieces, your fire saved them. Without it we'd all have died yesterday."

She gently wiped some of the tears from the man's cheeks, rubbing some of the smudged dirt away with her thumb, "War makes beasts of us all, your tears show you are more of a human than some. You have to live with the lives you took today, but weigh them against the lives you saved yesterday, lives of innocents. Kamil was a good man and a sad loss, but he knew that running into a fire zone where he shouldn't have been without letting us know there were frendlies in the wire was a risk. Without warning I'd have done exactly the same as you, I'd have fired and killed my targets."

She shrugged and said, "Now, I need this gun manned by someone who will use it, not someone so guilt ridden that they'll freeze and not fire. Are you ready to do that or shall I take your post?"
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1481 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Mon 12 Oct 2009
at 20:40
Trump Cards

Tarpan-Honker

Minh pulls back with the two militiamen, carrying the badly wounded Wicks along between them. They make good time, and are soon out of effective range of the enemies' rifle fire, heading south along the road back towards the hamlet. Minh, at the rear of the procession, notices the blood trail leaking from Wicks' open  wounds beneath her feet.

Konrad takes cover in the ditch, watching the multi-hued smoke drift over the blood-soaked and bullet-riddled Tarpan-Honker. Enemy rifle fire continues to impact the abandoned squad carrier and its deceased occupants. Bullets also hit the cracked asphault nearby, missing their mark but intermittently showering Konrad with stinging bits of gravel. So far, despite their numbers advantage, the enemy have held off on assaulting through either position. The smoke, although starting to thin, is still doing its job. But for how much longer? Konrad has at least a couple hundred meters of wire for the blasting machine. Even so, he'll need to don whatever chemical gear he has before blowing the VX shells if he has any hope of surviving the act.


Hamlet

Covered by two beneral purpose machine guns (Drew's M240 and a militia-manned PKM) and Stoner's BG-15 GL, Mariusz, Jones and four militia (three with AKMs, one with the RPD) rush the large garage/workshop. The uncertainty of what they might find there provokes a renewed rush of adrenaline as they sprint the two-dozen or so meters between their base in the northeastern house and the garage. They enter the building primed and ready for action but find no one inside. The structure is empty but for a few tools and mostly-empty wooden work tables. Once it's cleared and secured, Stoner and the PKM gunner join the six-man assault team. The entire group leaves the garage/workshop and takes cover behind the large Zil 6x6 cargo truck parked on its south side. Two dead pirates lay nearby. Peeking around the truck, the assaulters study a house approximately 40m to the southwest. They can see gun barrels portruding from its windows and some movement inside. Across the road to the west of this enemy-occupied house is a another house showing signs of significant battle damage, perhaps from the earlier 120mm mortar strikes. It too appears occupied. Directly south, about 60m away, is a large, two-story house. It too appears to have been converted into a hasty defensive position by the pirates.

To assault any of these three enemy-held houses, the six-man assault team will have to cross 40-60m of open ground, covered by at least 4-6 pirates firing from behind cover. The assault group has the firepower of their support team's PKM and BG-15 as well as a captured M72 LAW at their disposal.

Before they can come up with a plan, enemy fire starts slamming into the sturdy Zil, a couple of rounds punching clear through and clanging against the south wall of the workshop. The enemy is aware of their presence. To make matters worse, Tom Jones, peeking around the southeast corner of the Zil from behind its twin rear dual tires, spots a long, low-to-the-ground barrel (like that of a tank's main gun but only 3-4 feet off the ground) inching forward (north) along the road to the east of the three pirate-occupied houses. The pirates appear to be playing their last trump card.

Wisla Krolowa

As Griet counsels the distraught port-side gunner, the throaty roar of the starboard HMG interupts the solemn moment. The militia gunner looks up at Griet with his tear-filled eyes and whispers, "Thank you." The sound of the firing seems to fortify his faltering nerve and he stands, speaking now with renewed resolve, "I'll do my duty." As Griet turns to leave, he adds, his voice cracking again, "I'm sorry Chief. I didn't mean to..."

Tucker attempts to rake the fleeing pirate water taxi with a 10-round burst. Three errant tracers streak past the pirate boat on its port side, indicating a near miss. The water taxi cuts hard to starboard, steering to place a small, brush covered island between it and the fire-belching behemoth in its wake. This manouver brings the water taxi across the muzzle of the Rapira mounted on the tug's foredeck. The gun-crew has a split second to decide whether to engage or not. (Range to the pirate water taxi is approximately 600m. *Tucker still has a shot as well, albeit at extremely long range.)

Jan, meanwhile, has repositioned the Mk-19 to fire from the starboard side of the tug's quarterdeck. The elevated quarterdeck, ringed by a wall of sandbags, has an inner shelf made up of earth-filled crates, making the position nearly invulnerable to rifle-caliber fire and providing a convenient resting place for a bipod or tripod-mounted weapon. The Mk-19 is now propped upon this shelf, facing to starboard. From this spot, once the tug is manouvered into a position closer to the east bank, the Mk-19 will be able to support the shore teams with indirect fire.

As this transpires, Ondar continues to pick off members of the pirate's shore party (on the east bank) from atop the tug's bridge.

In the sick bay, Anneka continues trying to save the life of the severely wounded miltia assistant mortarman. With each passing minute, the realization that he will not survive becomes stronger. The Israeli trauma surgeon has done all she can with what little she has.

Actions?

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:47, Tue 13 Oct 2009.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 676 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Mon 12 Oct 2009
at 23:50
Re: Trump Cards
Cap'n Rae:
Wisla Krolowa

Tucker attempts to rake the fleeing pirate water taxi with a 10-round burst. Three errant tracers streak past the pirate boat on its port side, indicating a near miss. The water taxi cuts hard to starboard, steering to place a small, brush covered island between it and the fire-belching behemoth in its wake. This manouver brings the water taxi across the muzzle of the Rapira mounted on the tug's foredeck. The gun-crew has a split second to decide whether to engage or not. (Range to the pirate water taxi is approximately 600m. *Tucker still has a shot as well, albeit at extremely long range.)
Actions?

Tucker curses as he doesn't see a hit register on the water taxi and pays no mind to the pain in his arms from the pounding of the Dushka on them from the long bursts he has put out from the heavy machine-gun.  He seems determined to score some type of hit even though the chances are unlikely due to the range of the pirate craft but, he has nothing to lose and wants to keep the boat on their toes as they try to escape.  "THAT'S IT YOU FUCKERS!  RUN AWAY FROM 'OLE TUCK AND HIS GUN BITCHES," he yells out after them letting his frustration go and take his mind off of his injuries they caused him.

Tucker
Starboard Dushka
Firing another burst at the fleeing pirate water taxi
Steven Drew
 player, 50 posts
 Sergeant
 USMC
Tue 13 Oct 2009
at 03:35
Re: Trump Cards
Cap'n Rae:
Hamlet

Covered by two beneral purpose machine guns (Drew's M240 and a militia-manned PKM) and Stoner's BG-15 GL, Mariusz, Jones and four militia (three with AKMs, one with the RPD) rush the large garage/workshop. The uncertainty of what they might find there provokes a renewed rush of adrenaline as they sprint the two-dozen or so meters between their base in the northeastern house and the garage. They enter the building primed and ready for action but find no one inside. The structure is empty but for a few tools and mostly-empty wooden work tables. Once it's cleared and secured, Stoner and the PKM gunner join the six-man assault team. The entire group leaves the garage/workshop and takes cover behind the large Zil 6x6 cargo truck parked on its south side. Two dead pirates lay nearby. Peaking around the truck, the assaulters study a house approximately 40m to the south. They can see gun barrels portruding from its windows and some movement inside. Across the road to the west of this enemy-occupied house is a another house showing signs of significant battle damage, perhaps from the earlier 120mm mortar strikes. It too appears occupied.

To assault either of these houses, the six-man assault team will have to cross 40-50m of open ground, covered by at least 3-4 pirates firing from behind cover. The assault group has the firepower of their support team's PKM and BG-15 as well as a captured M72 LAW at their disposal.

Before they can come up with a plan, enemy fire starts slamming into the sturdy Zil, a couple of rounds punching clear through and clanging against the south wall of the workshop. The enemy is aware of their presence. To make matters worse, Mariusz spots a long, low-to-the-ground barrel (like that of a tank's main gun but only 3-4 feet off the ground) inching forward (north) along the road between the two pirate-occupied houses. The pirates appear to be playing their last trump card.

Actions?



  Drew hears the gunfire and the impacts on the building.  He directs his attention to the direction of the gunfire,

"They got their second wind!"  As tries to spot them and if he see them or even the flashes of their weapons he will light them up.  Drew will also call out the direction, number, weapons and any other important info he may see to the assault team and the troops accompanying him.
Tom Jones
 player, 8 posts
 Private
 2 KINGS, King's Regiment
Tue 13 Oct 2009
at 08:36
Re: Trump Cards

Things are not looking good, Tom nervously looked at the occupied buildings and the team collected around him. He nearly had to change his pants when he burst into the workshop, he didn’t sign up for this. He makes a quick visual scan of the bed of the truck.

As bullets start flying around Tom turns to the RPD and PKM gunners "follow me, the rest of you find cover, engage houses.". He then drops to the ground and un-slings his RPK, it then that he spots the long barrel of the anti-tank gun. He directs the militiamen to crawl under the truck and to begin firing on the house to the southwest and the battle damaged house.

Tom crawls between the the left and right rear wheels of the truck. When he has a clear shot at the anti-tank gun crew he will fire 3 ten round bursts at the them. He also checks as he is moving into position that the Russian anti-tank grenades are still in his webbing.

Tom Jones
RPK-74 (45/45)
Firing at anti-tank gun
Under Star truck

This message was last edited by the player at 11:20, Wed 14 Oct 2009.

Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 509 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Tue 13 Oct 2009
at 20:34
Re: Trump Cards
Griet paused and squeezed the young man's shoulder, "None of us ever do, son, live your life the best you can, it's all we can ask of anyone. Maintain your post, I trust you to look after us as you have done up to now, The tug and your town couldn't be in safer hands."

She returned to the wheelhouse and shouted, "Ondar, I want to be able to land teh doctor on the opposite bank. Do you think it'll be safe?"
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 572 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Tue 13 Oct 2009
at 20:38
Re: Trump Cards
Mariusz gulped at the situation, it wasn't a good day for old lady Tokarski's favourite son. He looked over at Stoner held the M72 toward him, "You're the better shot," he pointed toward the AT gun, "nuke the fucker from orbit, it's the safest option."

Mariusz waited to give the tube to Stoner and take his rifle from him, or to respond to whatever the American Corpsman wanted him to do instead.
Steven Drew
 player, 51 posts
 Sergeant
 USMC
Wed 14 Oct 2009
at 03:02
Re: Trump Cards
  Drew:

  "Drew peers over the roof quickly in an attempt to spot the enemy.  Looking for movement or muzzle flashes.  He will duck down after a couple seconds.  If he doesn't see a possible target he will move three meters to the left and pop up again trying to scan an enemy.  He will continue to do this moving to the left or right without a pattern until he does spot an enemy target.

  Once Drew has spotted an enemy he will lay down suppressive fire in the form of a 10 to 20 round burst before dropping back down and moving his position.  If he can draw them into a full on exchange of fire he will sit it out and rock and roll saturating the enemy with rounds <about a 50 round burst> before dropping down.

  Drew will also call out the enemys number and location so the assault team can coordinate counter fire or even an assault plan.

  Turning to the militiamen left covering the assault team with a their machinegun he will shout in the best Polish he can muster to convey the idea to;

"CALL OUT THE ENEMY"

"SHOOT THEM!"

  Drew will also call out to the assault team,

"HOSTILES IN THE SOUTH EAST HOUSE!!! LIGHTEN EM UP!"  BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!  As he lets loose with a burst.

OOC: What are the houses constructed of?  If wood he will shoot through the walls if the enemy is hidding at the edge of the windows since the rounds will easily go through most lumber.
Dave 'Bones' Stoner
 NPC, 334 posts
 HM2 (E-5)
 US Navy
Wed 14 Oct 2009
at 12:08
Re: Trump Cards
Aware of the danger the AT gun posed, Stoner declined the offered M72, choosing to save it for a harder, more deserving target. Instead, he snuck a brief glance from cover to assess the range, and made ready.

"Hand grenades," he stated after noting the closeness of the gun which couldn't be more than a stone, or in this case, a grenade throw away.

Not having any of his own he left Mariusz and a couple of militia to attend to matters in that area and crawled to where he could see the enemy held buildings yet still hope to have cover from vision and fire. Choosing an occupied open window, he gently tapped on the trigger and sent a HE grenade hurtling across the intervening space....

Stoner
AK-74 (30/30) +5 mags
BG-15 (1/1 HE) + 4 HE
PM Makarov (8/8) +2 mags
Observing AT gun and advising throwing grenades
Crawling to a covered position to fire a HE grenade through an open window - aimed shot if possible, quick if he comes under fire

Anneka Soleblume
 player, 1237 posts
 Major
 Israeli Medical Officer
Wed 14 Oct 2009
at 12:15
Re: Trump Cards
Anneka swore and cursed fluently in four different languages.

She'd done absolutely everything right in her treatment of the militiaman. She'd stopped the bleeding in one location, but an artery blew in another. She'd addressed that and then it was something else. She was moments away now from stabilising him when his heart stopped beating...

All in all it was probably a good thing she was kept so feverishly busy or there'd have been another body breathing it's last.

Anneka
RPK-74
Wardroom
Fighting a loosing battle after a brilliant start

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 573 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Wed 14 Oct 2009
at 16:16
Re: Trump Cards
Mariusz shrugged and shouldered the tube, he drew one of his recently purloined grenades and looked at the other militiamen.

"If you have any grenades, get them out and throw them at the AT gun."

He released the spoon on the grenade and moved to clear the truck enough to throw the grenade yet still use it to block the aim of the pirates in the houses.

he launched teh grenade toward the gun and threw himself to the floor.
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1050 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Wed 14 Oct 2009
at 16:26
Re: Trump Cards
Sticking to the depression running alongside the road, Bayer begins shuffling back, unspooling the wire with each step. The enemy were playing it safe, not venturing into the smoke, but that was also buying him time to get as far back as possible before it is time to detonate the gas.

Bayer will keep moving backwards, detonator in hand, until he spots the enemy resuming their approach. At that time, he'll immediately drop to cover and activate the blasting machine before quickly masking up... and running.

As he moves, he also be looking around for suitable avenues of escape. The ditch? The lightly wooded forest? Once the gas reaches the enemy, he suspects they won't be firing at him anymore so whatever route will be the quickest.

Alternate action depending on speed of enemy approach

If the enemy are slow to break through the smoke, and Bayer has already moved as far back as he can go - he'll stop and hide amongst the trees (already masked up). Then blow the demo and extract through the forest.

Bayer
Withdrawing / laying out det cord

Alexei Ondar
 NPC, 126 posts
 Starshiy Praporshchik
 Ex-GRU/Spetznaz
Wed 14 Oct 2009
at 17:04
Re: Trump Cards
Griet Niewiadomska:
She returned to the wheelhouse and shouted, "Ondar, I want to be able to land the doctor on the opposite bank. Do you think it'll be safe?"


Seemingly in answer, another shot rings out from the bridge roof. Ondar shouts,

"I am busy. Ask Sergeant Tucker."

(OOC: Ondar is hunting survivors of the pirate landing party on the west bank.)
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1484 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Wed 14 Oct 2009
at 18:07
Gas! Gas! Gas!

Tarpan-Honker

Crouching in the shallow depression on the east side of the hard-paved road, Konrad backpedals quickly, unspooling the wire between the two VX shells flanking the road and the detonator in his hands.

Looking back over his shoulder, he can see Minh and the miltiamen carrying Wicks well behind him. He turns around just in time to see the wire losing its slack as the last of it spins off of the spool. Crouching low in the ditch, he draws his bayonet and splits the wire into its two component sections. Grasping each end of the split wire, he twists them around the twin stubs portruding from the detonator and screws the fasteners down tight. He looks up again, watching the remaining tatters of smoke curling around the roadway 150m to his north. He can barely make out the Tarpan-Honker. He notices that the smoke is very slowly drifting southwest, pulled along by the very weak prevailing breeze.

He removes his gas mask and checks the filter although, at this point, there's not much that can be down if it's not functioning properly. He pulls the hood down over his head and pulls the drawstrings to make it fit tightly. Looking through the foggy, soft plastic lenses of the mask he can see figures in the drifting smoke, bayonets fixed and sweeping across the road where just a couple of minutes before he and the other survivors of the Tarpan-Honker had been sheltering.

Konrad depresses the clacker three times. The demolitions charges rigged to both of the VX shells explode, detonating the 155mm shells and instantaneously dispersing the deadly persistent nerve agent. Konrad doesn't wait around to watch the ensuing horror show. He turns and runs full speed down the down towards the hamlet. Quickly overtaking the wounded Minh and the miltiamen stretcher bearers, he lends a hand carrying Wicks. Chased by the invisible killer rapidly spreading out behind them, they move as quickly as their burden and Minh's wounded leg will allow them.

Hamlet

The assault team responds quickly to the enemy fire and the dire threat posed by the newly arrived pirate AT gun. Drew, 50m back on the rooftop, immediately spots the muzzle flashes in the darkened windows of the two buildings to the southwest of the assault team. Taking aim at the eastern window of the right-most (western) house, he sends one burst streaking through the opening and punching into the wall all around it. From behind the right, front corner of the Zil, the miltia PKM gunner joins him in shooting up the damaged building. Satisfied that his first target is either dead, wounded, or seriously discouraged from doing any more shooting at his comrades, Drew switches to the next house and window over (to his left, or east) and does the same. He's pretty sure he sees one of his tracers hit the human silhouette in the right (east) window. As he stops firing, Drew is struck by the surreally pretty sound of spent brass tinkling down the sloped rooftop.

Stoner, takes the lull in enemy fire provided by Drew's expert shooting to line up a shot on the middle house. He watches with great satisfaction as his 40mm S HE grenade sails right through the open west window and explodes with a flash, momentarily backlighting the entire room and udoubtedly killing or wounding all of its occupants. His satisfaction is short-lived however, as a bullet ricochets up from underneath the parked truck and slides across the inside of his left thigh, lodging in an ammo pouch at his waste. It burns like hell, but Stoner can quickly tell that it's little more than a minor flesh wound.

Meanwhile, covered by Jones' RPK fire, Mariusz and one of the militiamen step out from the back (east) end of the cargo truck and lob grenades towards the AT gun which is, at that moment, being manhandled into position facing the garage area. For a moment, as he throws, Mariusz is looking almost directly down the wide mouth of the gun's 100mm barrel. He almost forgets to let go of the grenade. Releasing it late, he watches in horror as the hand grenade bounces off the ground just 15m or so from his feet and skitters off to the left, well short of the gun. The militiaman's throw, however, is right on the mark. His grenade sails up and over the Rapira's gun shield. As both men hit the dirt, the grenades explode in turn, Mari's showering them with debris. When they look up, there is a cloud of dust and smoke rising from behind the Rapira's gun shield. Two pirate's lie on the ground beside it, one motionless, the other writhing in agony.

Fire from both of the one-story houses to the southwest of the garage has been silenced completely by Drew's GPMG fire and Stoner's 40mm HE grenade. The threat of the AT gun threat has been removed, for the moment at least, by a well-thrown hand grenade. Fire is still coming in from the large-two story house directly to the south (screened from Drew), ricocheting off of the Zil or punching right through it. Stoner's been slightly wounded, but the rest of the assault team is so far unscathed.

Wisla Krolowa

Tucker takes another shot at the fleeing water taxi. Ten more rounds race downrange, this time wide right, by the flight of the tracers. Dawid (NPCed), manning the Rapira AT gun on the tug's foredeck, decides not to waste a scarce 100mm round on what could be the pirate's last floating vessel. The water taxi makes it behind the small island to the northeast of the Krolowa. Tucker, and now Jan, can just make out its phone-booth like wheelhouse from their elevated positions on the starboard side of the river tug. Both veteran soldiers can tell that hitting a moving target behind partial cover at this range will be extremely difficult (rules-wise, an "impossible" shot at 1/4 skill rank).

Below, in the sick bay, after a valiant effort, Anneka gives up on trying to save the wounded miltiaman. He's lost too much blood from his severed arm and the penetration wounds in his side. His heart has given out and there's nothing more that Anneka can do.

Anyone who looks towards the east bank sees nothing suggesting an enemy presence there. The PT boat sits low in the river, burnt now almost to the waterline, thick black smoke and flames still rising to the sky from stem to stern.

Actions?

Updated Tac-map.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...15,0.009624&z=17

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:47, Wed 14 Oct 2009.

Tom Jones
 player, 10 posts
 Private
 2 KINGS, King's Regiment
Wed 14 Oct 2009
at 18:30
Re: Gas! Gas! Gas!

Tom yells "“Hit them again” as he crawls under the truck and places his RPK between the two left hand side rear wheels, the barrel level with the outer edge of the wheel. He begins firing on the two stored house, short 5 round burst at the windows and muzzle flashes.

Tom Jones
RPK-74 (35/45)
Small assault force
Engaging pirates

This message was last edited by the player at 19:46, Wed 14 Oct 2009.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 574 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Wed 14 Oct 2009
at 21:21
Re: Gas! Gas! Gas!
Mariusz looked at the AT gun and his palms itched, that was really big, bigger than anything he'd fired before. He looked at the open ground between his cover and the abandoned gun.

He shuddered, he'd be dead before getting there let alone laying it on the enemy and then firing it. he remembered Brother Switek explaining to him that he needed to think with his brain, not his penis, still, it was so tempting..,

Still, after throwing worse than a girl, again, he'd always dreaded ball games in PE, he reckoned that he'd used up his luck for the day. Time for another plan. He looked at Jones and said, "What do you reckon to releasing the hand brake and pushing this forward, sort of moving cover? Or I can see if I can hit the house opposite with this." He tapped the rocket on his back, the AT gun was 100mm, the rocket only 66, still, it was a lot bigger than anything else he had fired....
Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 510 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Wed 14 Oct 2009
at 21:39
Re: Gas! Gas! Gas!
Griet returned to the wheelhouse and picked up the radio handset, "Adam, take us to the opposite bank please, as close as you can."

"Dawid!" she yelled, "the Mark Nineteen is on board, do you want to use it for indirect fire?"

"Jan," she called, "prepare a landing party in case we need it."

She operated the radio, "All stations, this is the Queen. We have indirect fire support capacity again. I'm brining rienforcements to your bank, if you need support, call it in."
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1051 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Thu 15 Oct 2009
at 06:45
Re: Gas! Gas! Gas!
After meeting up with Quyen's group, Bayer helps for a short distance before saying, "Need to get him to the boat to the doctor." Then unmasking, he adds, "Just keep going. And don't worry about the gas. I'll try again for help."

Bayer then rushes on ahead as fast as he can. He leaves the road, cutting in through the trees on a heading that will take him back to the hamlet and Mariusz's crew. As he runs he tries again to get some help, "Any call sign. Sunray. I need urgent assistance to help transport emergency casualty to med-aid. Over."

Bayer
Running to Mariusz / Radioing
G36/HK69 (30/30) (0/1)

Minh Quyen
 player, 443 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Thu 15 Oct 2009
at 07:21
Re: Gas! Gas! Gas!
While running with Wicks, Quyen smiles with a sense of satisfaction upon hearing her demo do its job. She contemplates putting on her and Wicks' masks, but feels it'd be still probably safer just putting distance between them and the gas as quickly as possible. She didn't want to freak out the ORMO either.

Konrad Bayer:
After meeting up with Quyen's group, Bayer helps for a short distance before saying, "Need to get him to the boat to the doctor." Then unmasking, he adds, "Just keep going. And don't worry about the gas. I'll try again for help."


Without stopping, she responds, "Right." and keeping on trotting along with Wicks' legs in her arms. Quyen will lead the "stretcher" team along the same path as Bayer takes, towards the hamlet. There she hopes they'll find help or be able to continue on to the riverside.

Quyen
3 man carry with Wicks