Ch. 14: Gora Kalwaria (Part II)   Posted by Cap'n Rae.Group: 0
Jan Cerny
 player, 235 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Sun 7 Feb 2010
at 22:36
Re: Ambush!
OOC - Rae - you've said that this is the last "turn" and there were several things that Jan wanted to do so hopefully all of this is ok as a final summary post.


The explosion drew Jan’s attention back to the road.  He was initially concerned that they were receiving artillery fire, but it then occurred to him that he hadn't heard an incoming round prior to the explosion.  That combined with the lack of further detonations and careful studying of where the explosion was centred convinced Jan that one of the IEDs had gone off.  He just hoped that it was the fire in the wood that had detonated it rather than someone being forgetful.

He had also become certain that the enemy were withdrawing.

Anneka Soleblume:
"Sunray this is Starlight!"
"What the hell was that explosion!?"

Alarm could clearly be heard in her voice.


He doubted that Konrad needed to discuss the current tactical situation with the boat so he interrupted the radio conversation with more immediate information that his unit commander needed to know.

“Starlight, this is King One.  Wait out.  Sunray, this is King One.  Enemy appear to be withdrawing.  Am leaving some guards on the northern flank and returning to the road.”

He left Mariusz and Pavel to search the OT-64 and Ural bike and, after telling Drew and Jacek to keep watch to the North, Jan then moved back to the road.  He told both Drew and Jacek to call or fire a shot if they spotted anything unusual.

Reaching the ambush site Jan then organised a through search of the area, utilizing the militiamen, after they had finished hooking up the Rapira to a vehicle, and anyone else who was available.  He ensured that the search covered all of the wrecked vehicles, both old and newly generated and that it covered both inside the vehicles as well as around them.  There was a chance that something had been thrown clear of the Star when it blew and that an escaping enemy solider was hidden inside one of the old BMPs or had dumped some gear while initially fleeing.

He also checked that Sutherland and Arkadiusz had recovered the weapons and equipment belonging to the men who had initially escaped from the rear OT-64 before his squad had killed them, and that Tomasz was still ok covering the POWs, whom Jan discovered had grown to three.

Lastly when he finally found out that Minh and Ondar were wounded Jan retrieved Stoner’s medical kit from the Zil and brought it over to the militia’s van.  He wasn’t certain whether anyone had told Anneka over the radio to expect wounded so he took the initiative himself.

“Starlight, this is King One.  Be aware that Stoner and Jones are KIA and Tomasz, Minh and Ondar are all wounded.  Ondar looks to have a serious head wound but the others appear to be walking wounded.”
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1132 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Mon 8 Feb 2010
at 09:21
Re: Ambush!
Bayer stands next to the main road, communicating with the various squads over the radio...

Craig Sutherland:
“King this is King One, APC should be mobile soon any other tasking for the us ? Over”


"King. Roger. Squad One will ride out in the SKOT... first in the order of march. No change to taskings until then... collect any recoverable stores and prepare to depart. Out."

Anneka Soleblume:
"Sunray this is Starlight! What the hell was that explosion!?"


Jan Cerny:
He doubted that Konrad needed to discuss the current tactical situation with the boat so he interrupted the radio conversation with more immediate information that his unit commander needed to know. “Starlight, this is King One.  Wait out.  Sunray, this is King One.  Enemy appear to be withdrawing.  Am leaving some guards on the northern flank and returning to the road.”


"Sunray, roger. Your squad is to mount up in the SKOT for extraction and are front security. Do not pursue enemy at this time. Out."

"Starlight this is Sunray. Explosion was demo charges cooking off. No further casualties. Out."

Jan Cerny:
“Starlight, this is King One.  Be aware that Stoner and Jones are KIA and Tomasz, Minh and Ondar are all wounded.  Ondar looks to have a serious head wound but the others appear to be walking wounded.”


"King roger. Starlight has been informed and is standing by for patient arrival. All wounded, including those walking are to be transported in the van. The dead can be placed in the back of the Zil. Call sign Eagle is tasked with casualty evac. Out."

Bayer then walks up onto the road and begins to assign the HQ and support personel to seating amongst the rest of the captured vehicles. He'll leave the capture of small arms and supplies/provisions to be accounted for by the squad leaders.

Once the SKOT is made mobile, he gets on the radio again, "All call signs, Sunray. All personel report to designated transport. Element commanders report in to me your head count asap. Withdraw in effect now. Order of march... OT-64 (security), ZIL (howitzer), Van (casualties), and BTR-152 (Rapira). Out."
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 641 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Mon 8 Feb 2010
at 16:54
Re: Ambush!
Mariusz checked the area around the trike for bodies or booty. He intended to transfer any loot he found to a pile by the trike and then attempt to right the battered vehicle. If nothing else they could take it back to base for parts.
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1649 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Mon 8 Feb 2010
at 23:02
Re: Ambush!

After a few minutes of Maciej's tinkering, the captured SKOT's engine rumbles to life.

The vehicles are loaded with the wounded, the dead, the prisoners, and the captured enemy gear* and, once the living have boarded, the convoy motors west on the 50 towards the the Vistula.

The Queen is waiting near the east bank with the pontoon/ferry. Due to the barge's limited capacity, the crossing must be done in shifts. During the first of those shifts, Anneka examines and redresses the wounds of Ondar, Minh, and Tomasz.

The crossing is completed in the late afternoon. Tired, cold, and hungry, the groups retreats to the parish hall where a warm, hearty dinner is served.

This is a good opportunity to debrief the day's events and plan for the future.

Next Moves?

OOC: It's time to "talk". I'd like to keep as much of this IC as possible.

*The URAL trike is damaged and must be loaded on board the Zil for transport.
Steven Drew
 player, 162 posts
 Sergeant
 USMC
Tue 9 Feb 2010
at 01:06
Re: Ambush!


  After rallying and reorganizing Drew learns of the casualties they suffered.  He remains silent durring the river crossing.  Only after everyone is across he will chime,

"Well, we've bloodied his nose, I expect he'll come down on us with his full weight now.  And they'll come on organized, not just strollin down the road.......We got anymore ammo for this thing? <as he pats he M240>  Some of the ammo I got is bad and we're gonna be needin it soon."
Jan Cerny
 player, 236 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Tue 9 Feb 2010
at 10:48
Re: Ambush!
As the boat made several trips across the river, ferrying all their vehicles, heavy weapons and people across, Jan helped with organizing the loading and unloading, following Old Adam’s directions.

While on the boat Jan took the opportunity to sort out poor Stoner’s gear.  He passed the medical supplies on to Anneka for her to check their condition, once she had finished treating the wounded, as she was best placed to decide what to do with them.

He kept Stoner’s Steyr for himself but divided up the HEDP rounds, giving three each to Konrad and Tucker and keeping four himself.  He returned Stoner’s remaining gear and his own AK to the stores, conscious that they would need to work out who should be assigned his AK as its underslung grenade launcher shouldn’t be left gathering dust in the weapons locker if at all possible.  Jan was certain that there would be more fighting in the future!

He also took the opportunity to examine the condition of Stoner’s webbing and grenade vest, looking to see if they were serviceable or whether they had been damaged severely in the blast that had killed his friend.

---------------------------------------------

Upon arrival at the parish hall Jan, like all good soldiers, ate everything that was offered to him.  You never knew when the opportunity to eat again was going to occur!  The food was hearty but simple and Jan wondered aloud what Mariusz would have done to improve it!

Turning to the nearest militiaman to him Jan asked in Polish, “Do you have anything that we can drink to toast the memory of our fallen comrades?  And where is the cemetery?  We should bury them soon.”

Steven Drew:
  After rallying and reorganizing Drew learns of the casualties they suffered.  He remains silent durring the river crossing.  Only after everyone is across he will chime,

"Well, we've bloodied his nose, I expect he'll come down on us with his full weight now.  And they'll come on organized, not just strollin down the road.......We got anymore ammo for this thing? <as he pats he M240>  Some of the ammo I got is bad and we're gonna be needin it soon."


“We’ve certainly focused his attention,” Jan replied in English, “and I think that we need to discuss tactics for the future.  My thoughts are that if he mounts a major operation against us we’re going to be in trouble so we need to keep using hit and run ambush tactics.  Make him bleed and avoid a fixed engagement.”

Having finished eating Jan pulled out one of his last few cigarettes, a Gauloises, and lit it.  Taking a long first drag his continued.  “That would also buy us some time if we want to try and recruit some allies.”
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 1532 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Tue 9 Feb 2010
at 13:06
Re: Ambush!
In reply to Jan Cerny (msg #529):

Dawid made sure the motorcycle was loaded on the Zil, with the hopes he could fix it later.

After returning to Gora Kalawria, he also ate up.

"Jan, I think a toast is a great idea! I am sorry that my one shot went wild, and our people got hurt. It's always unfortunate when that happens, it was a bad decision on my part, I apologise and take personal responsibility."


He rummaged around in his pack for his bottle of vodka. "Here we go, a toast!"

Dawid poured it all around, to everyone who wanted some, NATO, Polish fighters and ORMO alike.

"The militia fought well... as did Arpel. He was brave and competent, a good addition to the group, should he wish to stay. Did Drew do good as well?"


He paused. "At any rate, my vote is to take the fight to the Baron. But first, we should do a reconnaissance of the city. I know our information is there's no organised resistance, but we need allies if we are to succeed against him, and survivors in the city are the natural choice. I lived in Warszawa during the NATO seige, I may know people there. I at least know the area, if anything remains after the NATO bomb."

"How much ammunition did we recover with the D-30? For my personal projects, I would like to repair the Alvis Stalwart and maybe mount the Vasilek on it, then fix any other trucks or vehicles, then work on the bike."

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 642 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Tue 9 Feb 2010
at 16:52
Re: Ambush!
Mariusz sat down and enjoyed the hot meal. he listened to the conversation around him and then said, "Scouting the city would be good, I lived there until before the bombings, I'd volunteer to go."

He looked around and said, "Even with hit and run attacks I don't think we can beat the Baron without more allies. I'm not sure, but one night I was up late doing the laundry and I head Milk talking to one of the others, Yazzie I think, he said something about a Pro-NATO unit near Warsaw that he wanted to join up with. I don't know if I remember rightly, does anyone else remember that?"
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 753 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Wed 10 Feb 2010
at 01:12
Re: Ambush!
Tucker helps out with the loading of the gear, vehicles, equipment, wounded, etc. as best he can and adds the [3] HEDP 40mm grenades to his grenadiers vest from Jan.  He nods to him and then goes and finds a place to sit after he makes sure that Jones' body is secured properly for travel back to the town before he goes to check on Ondar & Minh.  He will return and sit next to the corpse of Jones and lights up a cigar, enhaling deeply and then exhaling after holding in the smoke for a few seconds.

"I guess you never know when your numbers going to be pulled huh Jonesy?  IT sucks dude.  Seems like everyone's buying the farm lately.  We almost lost Minh and Ondar today too.  I mean fuck, we lost Stoner today too man!  Everyone I had in my squad got FUBAR'd today to some extent and no offense but, you got the worst of it buddy.  I guess it's my fault to an extent right?  I don't know what to do Jonesy.  Do I keep going on with them to Warsaw, basically what I signed up for with the Captain or do I stay behind in the town and try to make some kind of life for myself?" Tucker sits and asks the corpse of Jones while he tires to enjoy his cigar.
Apel Avtomian
 player, 50 posts
 1st. Lieutenant
 U.S. Army
Wed 10 Feb 2010
at 06:41
Re: Ambush!
Jan Cerny:
Steven Drew:
  After rallying and reorganizing Drew learns of the casualties they suffered.  He remains silent durring the river crossing.  Only after everyone is across he will chime,

"Well, we've bloodied his nose, I expect he'll come down on us with his full weight now.  And they'll come on organized, not just strollin down the road.......We got anymore ammo for this thing? <as he pats he M240>  Some of the ammo I got is bad and we're gonna be needin it soon."


“We’ve certainly focused his attention,” Jan replied in English, “and I think that we need to discuss tactics for the future.  My thoughts are that if he mounts a major operation against us we’re going to be in trouble so we need to keep using hit and run ambush tactics.  Make him bleed and avoid a fixed engagement.”

Having finished eating Jan pulled out one of his last few cigarettes, a Gauloises, and lit it.  Taking a long first drag his continued.  “That would also buy us some time if we want to try and recruit some allies.”


"I doubt he'll try.  He won't waste more heavy artillery on us or the town and he has bigger fish to fry with the impending government attack bearing down on him" says Apel, sipping his watered coffee.
Craig Sutherland
 player, 56 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Wed 10 Feb 2010
at 07:06
Re: Ambush!

Craig tried to help as much as possible with the loading of the vehicles but having limited mobility he opted for covering the operation from the quarter deck of the tug.

On the walk up to the hall Craig asks Apel to give him a hand:

“Well you seem to have come through the scuffle intact, got all you limbs.”

The smiles from Craig’s face fading a little too quickly. He stops at the bodies of the fallen giving his own silent prayer especially for Stoner and Jones. The lost of Jones hit him hardest, the last thing his country needed was for it’s sons to keep dying.

As they sit down for the meal provided, Craig asks Apel to recount the battle from his point of view outlining what his unit did and how they performed. He then fills in Apel and anyone else listening as to what he got up to. As he straps up his ankle he sits listening to the others.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 1533 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 10 Feb 2010
at 07:55
Re: Ambush!
In reply to Apel Avtomian (msg #534):

"The problem is, we don't know what he'll do."

Dawid fished out a cigarette pack, discovered it was empty. Cursing, he crushed the pack and continued.

"If he's rational, then yes, he'll have other things to worry about. Going after us would be throwing good troops after bad."

"If he's not rational, or believes the benefits of attacking us will have some additional payoff, he will attack. An unavenged defeat could cost him serious prestige among his own people or the civilians under his control."

"We can hope he is going to stay away. But still do some reconnaissance, first. I think as long as the Baron is alive, we will not see peace. The Communists would rather make a deal with him than fight, mark my words."


He raised his glass. "Well, anyways, a toast to the fallen! We have won, like always, but like always there is a high cost and another countries' sons is buried on our hallowed Polish soil. To the fallen, may God and the Virgin of Czaestochowa keep and protect them."

This message was last edited by the player at 08:01, Wed 10 Feb 2010.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 57 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Wed 10 Feb 2010
at 08:21
Re: Ambush!
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
He raised his glass. "Well, anyways, a toast to the fallen! We have won, like always, but like always there is a high cost and another countries' sons is buried on our hallowed Polish soil. To the fallen, may God and the Virgin of Czaestochowa keep and protect them."


Craig raises his glass as well but says nothing. He reflects for a minute before speaking.

Equipment wise is the village in a position to be able to defend themselves if we are not here ? Should we consider mounting a raid on this garrison they trade with ? Or even the government forces who dropped the leaflets ?

This message was last edited by the player at 08:22, Wed 10 Feb 2010.

Anneka Soleblume
 player, 1293 posts
 Major
 Israeli Medical Officer
Wed 10 Feb 2010
at 10:33
Aftermath
Red eyed, Anneka seemed a little more harsh than normal when she spoke. Perhaps it was because once again she was left to clean up the mess of combat, or maybe it was something closer to home. Whatever it was had caused her to seek solitude for a while so she could sort through her feelings.

"I'm afraid we have no more 7.62 belts for the machinegun."
With the handful of rounds they'd had to donate to the Militia to keep their SLRs and G3 useful, as far as she could tell only 480 rounds remained, including the dodgy belt.

"Now, with regard to further action, we currently have a number of wounded to think about. Those unwounded militia need a chance to be trained before they are thrust into combat."
"I propose that a small team of no more than about a dozen people, be sent to make contact with possible friendly forces both in and around the city of Warsaw."
"This should allow the wounded to heal and the "recruits" to receive some training. It will also allow our newly aquired vehicles to be repaired and we might even get lucky and find more ammunition for our larger guns."
"The unit, or units sent out will also be able to scout out the enemy and get soime idea of their intentions. At the very least they'll be able to give us a bit more than five minutes warning of an attack..."

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1133 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Wed 10 Feb 2010
at 15:38
Re: Aftermath
Bayer spoke very little during the return to Gora Kalwaria, letting the morning's events unfold piece by piece in his mind. While generally pleased with the surprising results, the loss of two of his team, now wrapped up in their rain gear in the bed of the truck, weighed heavily on him.

During the river crossing, Bayer left the coordinating and supervising to Dawid and the other NCOs. Taking the three 40mm HEDP rounds from Jan, he made his way to the Bishop and reported the success, and cost of the ambush. Following that he retired to the group's billet, inviting the Bishop to stop by later on in the afternoon.

After the wounded were tended to and stores were put away, Bayer sat at the main table in the billet as the group ate and talked. While it was his usual habit to wait until all have spoken, Bayer says, "Before any suggestions are made, perhaps we should hear first from Captain Rataj." Then nodding to Adam, he says, "You made it clear you intended to haul anchor today and make for Warsaw. Is that still what you plan to do?"


OOC - Bayer also instructed for the 3 EPW to be kept alive and under our watch.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:47, Wed 10 Feb 2010.

Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 548 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Wed 10 Feb 2010
at 19:44
Re: Aftermath
Griet nodded at Bayer, "I agree," she said, "my father should outline his plans as they will have a grave bearing on our decisions."

She had already urged her father to allow them to do a clandestine scouting of the ruined city to see if he had any family left there instead of steaming into the Baron's jaws with a half fit crew and a handful of heavy weapons capable of lasting one firefight if they were lucky. The possibility of contacting forces that were, if not friendly, then against the Baron and the Lublin Government was also interesting.
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 755 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Wed 10 Feb 2010
at 22:01
Re: Aftermath
In reply to Konrad Bayer (msg #539):

After the tug arrives back at the town, Tucker makes sure that the wounded are offloaded first and then sees to Jones.  "I'm not a religious person Jonesy and I'm sure the Padre around here will have some better words for ya but, God Bless soldier," Robert says to the motionless corpse as he lays a hand upon the top of his forehead and then recovers the body.  He sees that Jones makes it with Stoner's body and then goes to clean up before dinner.

At dinner, Tuck eats slowly and quietly not making much eye contact with anyone in the room until his eyes meet with Bayer's.  He sees the nod he gives him and returns it in turn and then goes back with his meal.  When he finishes, he politley stands up and excuses himself from the table.  "If you'll excuse me?  I have wounded to check on."
Jan Cerny
 player, 239 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Wed 10 Feb 2010
at 22:30
Re: Aftermath
Before Old Adam could address them Jan poured a shot of Dawid's Vodka and stood.  "To our fallen comrades," he announced before indicating Apel and Craig and adding, "and to our new comrades."

He then downed his Vodka in one and sat down with a pained look on his face.  "Someday my friends," he said to the people around him, "I hope to be able to let you try some Ricard.  A much more refined drink."

Seeing Dawid crumpling an empty packet of cigarettes Jan passed over his half smoked Gauloises.  "I'm almost out myself," he said with a tight smile.  "All I can offer you is a drag of mine!"

He pondered some of the other's comments.  "A small recce patrol into Warsaw sounds like the right move to me."

Apel Avtomian
 player, 51 posts
 1st. Lieutenant
 U.S. Army
Thu 11 Feb 2010
at 02:23
Re: Ambush!
In reply to Dawid Waldus Piotrowski (msg #536):

"We'll see.  His navy is done and he'll have a difficult time crossing the river with no bridges."  Apel shrugs and turns to Sutherland.  "If you want to know how the mortaring went, talk to Dawid," Apel says, gesturing with his head.
'Old' Adam Rataj
 NPC, 77 posts
 Polish (NPC)
 Captain of the Queen
Thu 11 Feb 2010
at 02:28
Re: Aftermath
Konrad Bayer:
Bayer says, "Before any suggestions are made, perhaps we should hear first from Captain Rataj." Then nodding to Adam, he says, "You made it clear you intended to haul anchor today and make for Warsaw. Is that still what you plan to do?"


"Well, no. That would be foolish. I won't risk any more lives for the sake of my soothing my impatience. I do wish to learn more of the situation in Warsaw so that we can start planning a rescue mission.

"Father Andre has agreed to allow anyone we bring back from Warsaw- anyone we vouch for- to settle here.

"But, of course you are right. We need to know what we're dealing with first. I will support this reconaissance mission in any way that I can."

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1652 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Thu 11 Feb 2010
at 02:53
Re: Aftermath

Having listened in, the Bishop weighs in on the discussion,

"I wouldn't put anything past Czarny. Our one saving grace is the Vistula. There are no bridges anywhere near Warsaw- at least none that can handle his armor- and his navy is resting at the bottom of the river."

"Our situation has improved as a direct result of Czarny's losses today. We have gained some more small arms and, at the very least, the captured APCs are good for show.

"We are still low on ammunition, though. Jupyzyk- the "gypsy" that runs our modest trade caravan- doubts that the government garrison at Kozienice will part with more small arms ammo for the 'same old' food and spirits we've been plying them with these past months. They've grown stingier each trip, he reports.

"He does believe that they would be willing to trade some more ammunition- a substantial amount- if we could provide them with something of military value. If the garrison could claim success against 'bandits', they could write off the ammunition as having been spent in the effort. We don't have the personel here to operate that D-30 and with only three shells for it...

"It could buy us a lot of bullets. You captured it, though. You should have some input into what we do with it- and everything else won in today's fight. We couldn't have done it without you."

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:55, Thu 11 Feb 2010.

Steven Drew
 player, 164 posts
 Sergeant
 USMC
Thu 11 Feb 2010
at 03:21
Re: Ambush!
Apel Avtomian:
Jan Cerny:
Steven Drew:
  After rallying and reorganizing Drew learns of the casualties they suffered.  He remains silent durring the river crossing.  Only after everyone is across he will chime,

"Well, we've bloodied his nose, I expect he'll come down on us with his full weight now.  And they'll come on organized, not just strollin down the road.......We got anymore ammo for this thing? <as he pats he M240>  Some of the ammo I got is bad and we're gonna be needin it soon."


“We’ve certainly focused his attention,” Jan replied in English, “and I think that we need to discuss tactics for the future.  My thoughts are that if he mounts a major operation against us we’re going to be in trouble so we need to keep using hit and run ambush tactics.  Make him bleed and avoid a fixed engagement.”

Having finished eating Jan pulled out one of his last few cigarettes, a Gauloises, and lit it.  Taking a long first drag his continued.  “That would also buy us some time if we want to try and recruit some allies.”


"I doubt he'll try.  He won't waste more heavy artillery on us or the town and he has bigger fish to fry with the impending government attack bearing down on him" says Apel, sipping his watered coffee.



  Drew offers Jan one of his cigarettes he took of one of his prisoners,

"He're, mine are fresher."he grins offering the man one of his captured cigarettes.  As he takes one for himself and lights it up.

  After a pause to enjoy the harsh blue smoke of the psuedo tobacco and looking contemplatively he looks at Apel,

"I don't know.  We;'ve stood up to the baron a couple times now, but he has only given us half assed efforts.  If word like that got around to other villages he may have a popular uprising.  Nope, I think he needs to squash us and do it hard as a message to all who stand up to him.  Its to much a risk to his hold on power. "

Sgt Drew
MP5 slung and M9 hidden in his back
Talking with Jan and Apel
Steven Drew
 player, 165 posts
 Sergeant
 USMC
Thu 11 Feb 2010
at 03:31
Re: Aftermath
Anneka Soleblume:
"I'm afraid we have no more 7.62 belts for the machinegun."
With the handful of rounds they'd had to donate to the Militia to keep their SLRs and G3 useful, as far as she could tell only 480 rounds remained, including the dodgy belt.

"Well, then I guess I'll have to make do and make every round count.  Thanks." Drew replies.

"Now, with regard to further action, we currently have a number of wounded to think about. Those unwounded militia need a chance to be trained before they are thrust into combat."
"I propose that a small team of no more than about a dozen people, be sent to make contact with possible friendly forces both in and around the city of Warsaw."
"This should allow the wounded to heal and the "recruits" to receive some training. It will also allow our newly aquired vehicles to be repaired and we might even get lucky and find more ammunition for our larger guns."
"The unit, or units sent out will also be able to scout out the enemy and get soime idea of their intentions. At the very least they'll be able to give us a bit more than five minutes warning of an attack..."

"Cool, it's be cool ta go sight seeing.  Count me in,"  Drew adds as he volunteers.
Steven Drew
 player, 166 posts
 Sergeant
 USMC
Thu 11 Feb 2010
at 03:39
Re: Aftermath
Cap'n Rae:
Having listened in, the Bishop weighs in on the discussion,

"I wouldn't put anything past Czarny. Our one saving grace is the Vistula. There are no bridges anywhere near Warsaw- at least none that can handle his armor- and his navy is resting at the bottom of the river."

"Our situation has improved as a direct result of Czarny's losses today. We have gained some more small arms and, at the very least, the captured APCs are good for show.

"We are still low on ammunition, though. Jupyzyk- the "gypsy" that runs our modest trade caravan- doubts that the government garrison at Kozienice will part with more small arms ammo for the 'same old' food and spirits we've been plying them with these past months. They've grown stingier each trip, he reports.

"He does believe that they would be willing to trade some more ammunition- a substantial amount- if we could provide them with something of military value. If the garrison could claim success against 'bandits', they could write off the ammunition as having been spent in the effort. We don't have the personel here to operate that D-30 and with only three shells for it...

"It could buy us a lot of bullets. You captured it, though. You should have some input into what we do with it- and everything else won in today's fight. We couldn't have done it without you."


"Did we get those mortar rounds that were on the road?  We could use em as demo, but if we could trade em for some ammo, it might be more valuable.  We may also wanna go across the river and strip those wrecks when they cool down for working parts, if they have a use for them.  Armored hatches, periscopes, wheels and axles and stuff, if they need that sort of thing.  Or, maybe see if they need any labor we could barter, a medic or mechanic or electrician or something."
Craig Sutherland
 player, 58 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Thu 11 Feb 2010
at 06:56
Re: Aftermath


“If you want a guide I’m happy to help, I have a few local contacts. We may be able to use them as a base for a deeper penetration recon of the city proper.”

Cap'n Rae:
"He does believe that they would be willing to trade some more ammunition- a substantial amount- if we could provide them with something of military value. If the garrison could claim success against 'bandits', they could write off the ammunition as having been spent in the effort. We don't have the personel here to operate that D-30 and with only three shells for it...


“It looks like we have two options with the garrison either trade or attack. If we trade we potentially arm a future enemy. They at the present moment don’t see the village as a threat, try to trade a D-30 and that will change. They will not pay and will coming looking for more assets.”

He asks the bishop;

“What do we know of the guys with the plane are they a viable target ?”

This message was last edited by the player at 06:56, Thu 11 Feb 2010.