Ch. 15: Warsaw (Part I)   Posted by Cap'n Rae.Group: 0
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 688 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Mon 5 Apr 2010
at 08:54
Re: They Shoot Horses, Don't They?
"It's no problem, Mr. Drew," Mariusz said smiling, "it's good exercise and I now know something more about Western guns. That's always good."

As he trotted to check for the ammo he heard Dawid's call and replied, "I'm on it Dawid."

He quickly found Coulter's blood spattered gear and located the ammunition belts. At the same time he stripped of several rounds of AK-74 ammunition and topped up his ready magazine.

He returned to Drew and said, "Here's the ammo," he paused for a moment and brought out his tobacco tin, "do you smoke? I only have roll ups made of old butts, but these three are made of cigar stubs, I haven't tried them yet so I don't know what they're like, these four are from Western butts. Would you like one?"
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1730 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Tue 6 Apr 2010
at 04:17
Cleaning Up

By the time Thor repositions himself on the south side of the farm complex, Apel is nowhere to be seen. Fortunately, he left all of the 7.62mm N ammo behind with Coulter, and while he could have deprived the team of one of its medium range radios, he did not. Perhaps his flight was not traitorous in the sense that he is actively aiding the enemy, but merely cowardly. He never seemed much like the soldiering type.

Jan and Warren drag the injured Cossack to one of the farm's outbuildings and lie him on a heavy wooden work bench. The man's hair is long and unkempt, as is his beard. His clothing and equipment are mostly Red Army issue. With every bump and jostle, he cries out in pain. He can't move either of his legs without adding to his agony. As he's laid out on the table, he begs for a shot of morphine or a slug (or nine) of Vodka.

Minh, Craig, and Tucker clear the rest of the kill zone. A couple of direly wounded horses loll about in the muck and mud. A couple of others are just barely clinging to life. Steam rises out of their many fresh wounds. Minh, Craig, and Tucker also find two badly wounded men, besides the one Minh's just gut-shot. Both are pretty far gone, each barely conscious and covered in a messy paste of blood and mud. It's hard to determine where and to what extent they are wounded. About 50m further north is a man trying to crawl away. This is made particularly difficult by the fact that he's missing his left arm from just above the elbow. Blood drips from the huge, open wound.

The last of the surviving horsemen have disappeared into the treeline to the north.

Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:39, Tue 06 Apr 2010.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 1718 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Tue 6 Apr 2010
at 14:16
Re: Cleaning Up
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #220):

"Shit!"

Dawid dropped his entrenching tool, exhausted but also sickened. Leaving the PKM in it's cover, he climbed out of the MG position.

Drawing his pistol, he chambered a round and walked towards the wounded horses, intending to to put them out of their misery. Bayer had the unwounded horse secure, there was little to lose by shooting the others.

It was one of the few acts of mercy that could be performed in this war, not the least because the meat could be salvaged.

He noted the wounded man. Once he had finished off the horses he would go over to him. At that time he would decide if he was going to bind his wounds or show him the same mercy he'd shown the horses. If the man was one of the Baron's men, or even just a bandit, it was more than he deserved.
Jeff D. Warren
 player, 27 posts
 American
 Unknown
Tue 6 Apr 2010
at 20:02
Re: Cleaning Up
Cap'n Rae:
Jan and Warren drag the injured Cossack to one of the farm's outbuildings and lie him on a heavy wooden work bench. The man's hair is long and unkempt, as is his beard. His clothing and equipment are mostly Red Army issue. With every bump and jostle, he cries out in pain. He can't move either of his legs without adding to his agony. As he's laid out on the table, he begs for a shot of morphine or a slug (or nine) of Vodka.

Jeff ignores the wounded man's pleas for now, and instead turns to Jan.  "I need you to find the other interrogator and bring them here.  I will handle it in the meantime.  After you're both back, stand off to the side looking very tough and menacing, as if you are going to break every bone in his body, because I'm going to tell him just that.

With that, he turns to the wounded Russian.  The first thing he does is shush him quiet, and then Jeff speaks. "Привет, мой друг, я Павел Филиппов КГБ. Я знаю, ты трусливый дезертир родины, а не с единицы в нашей славной нападение на собак в НАТО. Я знаю, вы и ваши друзья пытались теперь убить меня дважды в последние тридцать шесть часов. Я также знаю, что я только у вас есть шанс выжить свои раны, и возвращается к вашему дому." To reinforce this last point, Jeff pats the man in what would normally be a friendly way on the thigh, however he has applied just enough force to make the man scream out in pain, which is exactly what he intended. "Теперь, вот - то, что собирается случаться. Вы собираетесь давать мне информацию об этом Бароне, Вы работаете для, и мужчины, с которыми Вы работаете. Все Вы знаете. Числа, местоположения, оружие, слабости, сильные пункты, все. И не стесняйтесь добавлять что - нибудь еще, что Вы думали бы, что кто - то в моем положении найдет полезным. Если Вы не делаете, то мой друг, которого Вы только встретили, вернет его друга, и они не хорошие люди. Я проинструктировал их что, если Вы не говорите, когда они возвращаются, что они должны будут отключить ваши яички. Мы не имеем товарища большого количества времени, таким образом я предлагаю, чтобы Вы сказали мне, что я хочу знать."  Jeff waits patiently for the man to speak, and for Minh and Jan to return.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:03, Tue 06 Apr 2010.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1731 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Tue 6 Apr 2010
at 21:35
Re: Cleaning Up

Still begging for something to dull his considerable pain, the wounded Cossack spills his guts. What he reveals is news to Warren but much of it is already known to the others (see message #31 in Intel thread).

He adds that the Baron's army- the Black Legion, he calls it- has been somewhat dimished by recent actions against a large group of heavily armed "Catholic Crusader Zealots" from a little pilgrim's town to the southeast of Warsaw, on the west bank of the Vistula. The Baron thinks that these zealots are receiving aid from Lublin.

The company of Cossack cavalry of whom the wounded man had been a part has been playing cat and mouse with a small group of Red Army soldiers for the past two days or so. The cavalry company lost a whole platoon (KIA and WIA) in killing them off. Two wounded Soviet soldiers were captured and taken to Warsaw for interrogation. The rest were put to the sword. This man and his mounted platoon were searching for survivors. They'd learned of the farm from the Polish cavalry unit that had been sent to collect the farmer and his household a couple of days earlier. Apparently, this couple had been aiding and abetting a deserter from the Black Legion's Western (ex-NATO) company. The cossack platoon was going to search the farm before bedding down there for the night. The cossack company is now effectively kaput.

He also adds the following tidbit. The Baron is currently building a sort of fort (he calls it a castle) in south Warsaw, on the east bank overlooking the river. He's building it around the remains of old National Stadium on the southern edge of the old Praga neighborhood. He's using civilian labor levies to move rubble and construct a large outer wall on the remains of the grandstands.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:45, Wed 07 Apr 2010.

Jan Cerny
 player, 394 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Tue 6 Apr 2010
at 23:28
Re: Cleaning Up
Jan had followed Warren's instructions and had returned with Minh to help with the interrogation of the prisoner.  It appeared that the man was so badly wounded however that he would tell Warren whatever he wanted to hear.  Not understanding Russian Jan wasn't sure whether the information was useful or not or whether it corroborated things they already knew.

"I don't think you need me here anymore," Jan muttered to Warren and Minh when the prisoner stopped for breath at one point.  With a nod he then exited the workshop they were in and headed back to the scene of carnage.

Once there he started the grisly task of searching bodies for useful and salvageable equipment, ruthlessly stripping them of anything valuable.  He carried everything he found into the farmhouse, picking a room to use as a storeroom, intending to then catalogue what they had recovered so that they could decide what to do with it all.  Jan suspected that it was going to be more than they could carry on their available transport!
Dieter Brandt
 player, 82 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Tue 6 Apr 2010
at 23:40
Re: Cleaning Up
As the steam rose from the mound of dead horses and soldiers, Dieter pulled his coat close around himself. It was getting colder, and the skies were darkening. He didn't really want to hang around here any longer than they had too.

He was annoyed with himself for letting some of the riders escape. He knew he was a good shot, and though Thor was arrogant, he was at least telling the truth about his skills. But it was still annoying that they escaped. This meant that the farmhouse, which an hour ago had seemed like a comfortable refuge for the night, was now a target, and he didn't want to be here when the enemy returned, in force.

He turned back to the job in hand. He shifted position to get a better view to the north of the farm complex. He couldn't see anyone returning, but it was only a matter of time.

Wondering what Thor was up to, and where he was now that the gunfight had finished, he keyed into the radio and said, "Thunder 2 this is Thunder 1. Status and location report please, over."

OOC - assuming Thor confirms all is well he will continue:

To Bayer he then radioed, "Hailstorm 1, this is Thunder 1. Perimeter is secure and compound is safe, for the time being. Suggest we prepare to leave as soon as possible. Awaiting further instructions, over."

He then went back to covering the perimeter, watching for newcomers or prying eyes, awaiting further instruction from the CO.
Craig Sutherland
 player, 98 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Wed 7 Apr 2010
at 00:41
Re: Cleaning Up

Once the sweeps where completed and security was in place Craig began the task of helping with the search of the bodies. Helmets, webbing and boots it all had value either in trade or for the village.

Once everything of value was in the house Tom began to ask where Apel was. On learning of him “doing a runner” Craig shakes his head masking his reaction.

“He wasn't much in a fire fight but I thought we had gotten over that. I'm sorry he did just want to keep going, but when we saw the boat. I suppose coming back was just two much.”

Turning to the Captain he says;

“You may want to radio back to the village he may just turn up back there, it's more likely he will be well gone though.”

He then goes about getting himself ready to move when the order is given.
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 807 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Wed 7 Apr 2010
at 00:58
Re: Cleaning Up
Cap'n Rae:
Minh, Craig, and Tucker clear the rest of the kill zone. A couple of direly wounded horses loll about in the muck and mud. A couple of others are just barely clinging to life. Steam rises out of their many fresh wounds. Minh, Craig, and Tucker also find two badly wounded men, besides the one Minh's just gut-shot. Both are pretty far gone, each barely conscious and covered in a messy paste of blood and mud. It's hard to determine where and to what extent they are wounded. About 50m further north is a man trying to crawl away. This is made particularly difficult by the fact that he's missing his left arm from just above the elbow. Blood drips from the huge, open wound.

The last of the surviving horsemen have disappeared into the treeline to the north.

Next Moves?

Tucker walks around and surveys the ambush carnage and then looks to Minh and Sutherland, "I'm no fuckin' expert here but, we gotta put these animals down.  You two take care of the four-legged ones and I'll take care of the two-legged ones that are already too far gone like these two and the one-armed bandit out there.  Unless someone has a problem with that?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #220):

"Shit!"

Dawid dropped his entrenching tool, exhausted but also sickened. Leaving the PKM in it's cover, he climbed out of the MG position.

Drawing his pistol, he chambered a round and walked towards the wounded horses, intending to to put them out of their misery. Bayer had the unwounded horse secure, there was little to lose by shooting the others.

It was one of the few acts of mercy that could be performed in this war, not the least because the meat could be salvaged.

He noted the wounded man. Once he had finished off the horses he would go over to him. At that time he would decide if he was going to bind his wounds or show him the same mercy he'd shown the horses. If the man was one of the Baron's men, or even just a bandit, it was more than he deserved.

Tucker turns as he leaves Minh & Sutherland to take care of the near dead and dying men they had just ambushed and dealt them a bad hand. Robert draws out his Browning High-Power pistol from his MOLLE vest and slides the safety off when he sees Dawid moving over towards the kill zone with his pistol out.  "YO!  Get back to your position!  We got this out here Dawid.  We don't need your help right now so thank you, no!"
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1174 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Wed 7 Apr 2010
at 01:10
Re: Cleaning Up
After securing the horse and listening to the various reports that were relayed to him by mouth or radio, Bayer returned to the main house. Leaving the team to go about their tasks, he nodded for Sutherland to follow him. Digging out his map, he unfolds it on the kitchen table and places his compass on top. "We're to leave tonight. You know the area. I want to head west towards the city. Someplace unoccupied but intact enough for shelter. Suggestions? Don't need to be specific, a neighborhood or other village will do."

This message was last edited by the player at 01:12, Wed 07 Apr 2010.

Steven Drew
 player, 231 posts
 Sergeant
 USMC
Wed 7 Apr 2010
at 02:01
Re: They Shoot Horses, Don't They?
Mariusz Tokarski:
"It's no problem, Mr. Drew," Mariusz said smiling, "it's good exercise and I now know something more about Western guns. That's always good."

As he trotted to check for the ammo he heard Dawid's call and replied, "I'm on it Dawid."

He quickly found Coulter's blood spattered gear and located the ammunition belts. At the same time he stripped of several rounds of AK-74 ammunition and topped up his ready magazine.

He returned to Drew and said, "Here's the ammo," he paused for a moment and brought out his tobacco tin, "do you smoke? I only have roll ups made of old butts, but these three are made of cigar stubs, I haven't tried them yet so I don't know what they're like, these four are from Western butts. Would you like one?"


  "Thanks kid, but I still got a couple left I took off them prisoners last week."  As he pats his pocket.

  "Its too late ta be smokin though.  A sniper can zero in on you.  That glow can go a long ways.  We best not smoke tonight, at least not unless we go inside...then I'll give you one of mine."  As Drew flashes a smile at the eager youth.

Sgt Drew
M240
Talking to Mar and advising the youth about the dangerous of smoking
Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 70 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Wed 7 Apr 2010
at 03:23
They put horses to the sword, don't they?
Settled in and relatively dry and comfortable, Thor searched his arc, all the while pulling in dried up peices of vegetation and whatever else was at hand to conceal his position.

"Thunderer still position." he replied to Bragi's transmission, wondering why he'd broken radio silence when he already knew Thor was set up.
"Still quiet. Out."

The screaming of horses at his back was a little annoying, but his spirits were bouyed at the prospect of fresh horsemeat on the menu for the next few days. He just hoped the butchers had the sense to use knives, axes and swords rather than their deafeningly loud magic. The echos of the earlier storm had died away - they didn't need to rekindle it with further unnecessary noise informing any within earshot of their continued presence.
Craig Sutherland
 player, 99 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Wed 7 Apr 2010
at 09:38
Re: Cleaning Up
In reply to Robert 'Tuck' Tucker (msg #227):

Craig turns towards Tucker and with a nod and adds; “Better to get it over with, but maybe a little more quietly.”

He then un-holsters his own Browning HP and puts the silencer on the barrel. He offers the butt of the weapon to Tucker.

If he does not take it Craig will walk over to the wounded and puts a bullet in the base of the skull of every man. He then walks over to each of the horses and does the same thing.

He then re-holsters the pistol and continues to strip the dead.
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 689 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Wed 7 Apr 2010
at 10:11
Re: Cleaning Up
"That sounds good," Mariusz said smiling back, "and thanks for the advice about smoking, I knew it was bad for your health but not the lead poisoning type."

He noted Dawid walking out to the injured animals, "The MG3 is not manned, I'll head there and man it. If you need anything, give me a shout, that's what I'm here for, the American in my partisan unit called me Gofer, it was always "gofer this, gofer that". See you later."

Mariusz headed over to the improvised machinegun pit and manned the MG3 just in case.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 1720 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 7 Apr 2010
at 10:30
Re: Cleaning Up
In reply to Craig Sutherland (msg #231):

Dawid stopped at Sutherland began to finish off the wounded with he suppressed pistol.

"Thank you, my friend. I was just about to do that."

He walked back to where the PKM was stationed, noticing Mariusz had moved over to cover the weapon. "Thank you, friend. It was foolish of me to run off like that and leave the gun un-manned. You are smart and brave."

He sighed, and began digging again.
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 690 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Wed 7 Apr 2010
at 10:55
Re: Cleaning Up
"Not a problem," Mariusz said, "we work as a team, that's why we're alive."

He started digging with Dawid, "I've been talking to Drew, he's good at grumbling but has a good heart. I like him."

He looked up as Jan was moving out to loot the dead, "Jan, the horses, tounges and livers first, we can eat them raw now, then hack out the haunches, that'll make good stew. If you have time you can take steaks from the lower ribs."
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 808 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Wed 7 Apr 2010
at 22:02
Re: Cleaning Up
Craig Sutherland:
In reply to Robert 'Tuck' Tucker (msg #227):

Craig turns towards Tucker and with a nod and adds; “Better to get it over with, but maybe a little more quietly.”

He then un-holsters his own Browning HP and puts the silencer on the barrel. He offers the butt of the weapon to Tucker.

If he does not take it Craig will walk over to the wounded and puts a bullet in the base of the skull of every man. He then walks over to each of the horses and does the same thing.

He then re-holsters the pistol and continues to strip the dead.

Tucker will holster his own Browning and take the silenced one from Sutherland.  "Makes sense.  Don't have one of my own and was going to do it the old-fashioned way, just a little dumber."  Tucker takes the pistol and dispatches all of the horses and then the men (unless told otherwise) to include the one-armed guy crawling away.  Tucker gives the pistol back to Suthrland, safety on and butt end to Craig.
Jan Cerny
 player, 395 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Wed 7 Apr 2010
at 22:44
Re: Cleaning Up
Mariusz Tokarski:
He looked up as Jan was moving out to loot the dead, "Jan, the horses, tounges and livers first, we can eat them raw now, then hack out the haunches, that'll make good stew. If you have time you can take steaks from the lower ribs."


Jan nodded at Mariusz' request and replied in Polish.  "I'm collecting gear and weapons first but I'll swap with you and Dawid shortly so that you can get to work on the horses.  You'll do a better job of butchering them than I will."

He then continued with gathering weapons and equipment and organising it all in the farmhouse.  While he was searching the bodies he also paid attention to anything that looked like it might have an Intel value.  Anything that looked like written orders, radio frequencies or a map was passed immediately to Konrad for his translation and assessment.  Jan was conscious that he needed to start leaning some Russian!

When he had finished he made a quick detour to where he had fired from during the ambush, intending on finding the four 5.56mmN spent cartridges he'd left there as well as searching for any 5.45mmS Minh may have left behind.  The empty shell case from the 40mm HE grenade he'd fired was still in his M203 so he didn't have to worry about that for the present.

That chore completed Jan then headed over to Mariusz and Dawid's position, intending on relieving them so that they could get on with butchering the horses.  Some fresh meat was going to go down well, assuming that they were going to have a chance to enjoy eating it!
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 1721 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Thu 8 Apr 2010
at 04:50
Re: Cleaning Up
In reply to Jan Cerny (msg #236):

Dawid nodded when Jan went out to collect weapons and gear. It looked like there was more than one person could carry easily. When Jan started heading back he got Mariusz and they passed him.

"Jan, go get whatever help you need to collect that stuff. We need to get going very, very soon!"


When they got out there, he proceeded to begin butchering one of the horses with ruthless efficiency, not doing as thorough a job as normal because the meat wouldn't have to keep long. Also, it was cool and it would keep well at any rate.
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 691 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Thu 8 Apr 2010
at 12:38
Re: Cleaning Up
As Mariusz assisted with butchering, fetching and carrying he found a moment to speak with Bayer, "Sir," he began, "I'm not sure if you've decided what we're doing next, but I'd suggest either heading for the defectors or running for the Vistula. We've been located so our covert mission is busted, we either need to head for a big value group like a lot of allies or get out. Also, Sir, should we show the code we got from Milk to the new guy, he might know something about them."
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1176 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Thu 8 Apr 2010
at 14:07
Re: Cleaning Up
Mariusz Tokarski:
As Mariusz assisted with butchering, fetching and carrying he found a moment to speak with Bayer, "Sir," he began, "I'm not sure if you've decided what we're doing next, but I'd suggest either heading for the defectors or running for the Vistula."


While waiting for Sutherland to finish up clearing the kill zone, Bayer replies, "Ja. Waiting for Lieutenant Sutherland to see if he can add any more first hand information about the area before plotting any movement. I am anticipating heading west. Closer to the river, but mostly to get closer to the city. Your suggestion of going to the defectors though isn't something to be dismissed."

Then on that note, he calls for Warren to come as well, and spill whatever knowledge he had of the land and key locations.
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1733 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Thu 8 Apr 2010
at 23:15
The Spoils

Saturday, October 21st, 2000
1845 hrs.
37F
Thick overcast; light rain
Strong breeze from the N
Approximately 5km north of Minsk Mazowiekie, Poland



Between the two of them, Jan and Craig collect quite an impressive pile of weapons and ammunition, piling it in the front room of the farmhouse. The marauder cavalry unit was apparently quite fond of pistols, especially those firing 9mm P ammunition. Aside from 21 undamaged AK-74 variants (including one with an underslung BG-15 w/ one 40mm grenade and one RPK) and 65 full magazines for them all, Jan and Craig recover one Uzi SMG, one MAC-10 SMG, one double-barrelled, sawed-off, 12-gauge shotgun (a-la Mad Max), two M92Fs, two Browning HPs, one Glock 17, one Walther P-38, one CZ75, one M1911A1, one Stechkin (w/ buttstock attached), two Makarovs, and one Tokarev. Each pistol/SMG averages about two full magazines of ammunition; the shotgun has 6 shells full of small game shot. Ten fragmentation hand grenades, three colored smoke grenades, and one RPG-22 are also recovered.

In addition to the firearms and explosives, Jan and Craig collect several daggers, a machete-type hacking sword, a Russian cavalry sabre, and a club resembling a baseball bat partially wrapped with barbed wire.

Hiding such a treasure trove will require time, effort, and light. The root cellar is a bit obvious as far as hiding places go. There are a couple of empty 50 gallon drums near the tractor shed but those seem pretty obvious as well. There's only one proper shovel in the ransacked tool shed. The firearms are all wet and corrosion will be an issue if they are stored for any length of time.

Aside from the weapons, the group recovers one Soviet issue handy-talkie radio which does not seem to be working any more.

Most of the above is spattered (if not coated) in mud and/or some gore.

(OOC: Let me know if there are any specific items of enemy clothing or LBE that you'd like and I'll let you know if it is available and in what condition.)

While Jan and Craig are collecting the captured weapons and ammo, Tucker deliberately administers a coup-de-gras to the badly wounded horses and men. Only one of the men is in any shape to beg for his life. By the time Tucker reaches him, the one-armed man has collapsed, unconscious from shock and/or blood loss. One of the horses requires three shots to the head before it expires. Whether Tucker's act is one of mercy or its antithesis seems rather moot under the circumstances. (Craig c/o Tucker -9 pistol rounds)

Meanwhile, Dawid and Mariusz expertly butcher one of the dead horses, deftly cutting away several kilograms of steaming fresh meat.

Stationed at opposite corners of the farm, Thor and Dieter see nothing of note. The constant rain and darkening sky make it hard to see further than a few hundred meters in any direction.

Everyone is cold and wet. It's growing darker by the minute. Most of you are nearly soaked through. You realize that the odd clicking sound you've been hearing for the last quarter of an hour is your teeth chattering.

You've lost half of your cargo carrying capacity and over a dozen kilos of travelling rations. In their place, you've gained hundreds of kilograms worth of captured weaponry, over a dozen kilos of very rare horsemeat, and one rather shell-shocked steed.

Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:48, Fri 09 Apr 2010.

Steven Drew
 player, 233 posts
 Sergeant
 USMC
Fri 9 Apr 2010
at 03:05
Re: The Spoils

  Drew covers the men working checking the wounded and dead and recovering meat and weapons.

  He pulls his poncho closer to keep the rain off him so at least he isn't both cold and wet any more than he is.

  Drew is pondering what would be a good idea to do next.


Sgt Drew
M240
Watching, waiting and covering his teammates
Dieter Brandt
 player, 86 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Fri 9 Apr 2010
at 07:39
Re: The Spoils
Dieter pulled his coat closer around him, trying to ignore the cold. He glanced over at the team salvaging kit from the bodies. He would like to salvage a pistol to add to his armoury, but didn't have the capacity. He liked the PSG-1 he had been issued with, but it was damn heavy. If he could find an alternative sniper rifle then he would definitely take it.

He turned his attention back to the perimeter, trying to make out potential threats in the gloom. Visibility was reducing quickly, and they were an obvious target. He hoped the order to move out would come soon. He wanted to get into the woods and set up camp as soon as possible. Waiting here was just inviting more trouble, and Dieter was certain that facing a larger force who knew they were there would only end one way. Better to disappear now and stay alive than get killed here.

Under his breath he muttered, "hurry up..."
Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 74 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Fri 9 Apr 2010
at 14:00
Re: The Spoils
Snuggled in under the eaves, Thor was relatively dry and comfortable - at least he wasn't laying in a frozen mud puddle anyway.
Still watching into the gathering gloom, he contemplated connecting Megingjord to Járngreipr atop Mjollnir but decided to wait for now. It's magic was limited and it was not yet fully dark enough to warrant drawing upon it's power. Instead he used the powerful Járngreipr alone to scan the empty and snow dusted fields, hoping that if they were to move on, they'd be doing it very soon...

As he waited he retrieved a handful of shrivelled nuts and fruits he'd scrounged a few days earlier, nibbling slowly on them to keep his stomach from growling too much. Chances were strong they'd have no fire that night, not hot food to fill their bellies.