Ch 15: Warsaw (Part II)   Posted by Cap'n Rae.Group: 0
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1936 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 21 Aug 2010
at 23:32
Ch 15. Warsaw (Part II)

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."

-Steve McQueen
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1937 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 21 Aug 2010
at 23:34
The Zoo (Continued)

Craig settles into firing position and, quickly settling his sights on the disabled BMP-2, launches his second HEAT round. The rocket impacts a few meters from the IFV's front, left quarter, errupting in an impressive rolling fireball. The sound of the explosion is equally impressive. Unfortunately, the exploding warhead does not appear to have done any damage to the BMP. (Craig -1 RPG rocket)

As the BMP's turret rotates to bring its main gun and coax to bear on the firing signature of Craig's RPG-16, Thor pops out of cover just long enough to fire his LAW. The LAW's slightly smaller HEAT warhead detonates in almost the same spot the RPG round hit just moments earlier. (Thor - 1 M72 LAW)

While Craig and Thor were taking on the BMP, Jan, Tucker, and Minh were attempting to provide suppressive fire. With all of the lead flying and the percussive blasts of the exploding rockets, it's really hard to tell if any of the outgoing rounds are finding their mark. Tucker, though, is pretty sure that one of his shots just broke an RPK gunner's arm. (Tucker -6 rounds, Minh -2 rounds, Jan - 2 rounds).

The BMP fires off another burst of cannon fire at Craig's position. 30mm HE rounds explode in showers of glowing shrapnel and blasted concrete. Craig had just displaced and somehow avoids getting hit badly. It's a close call, though. Craig feels something warm and wet trickling down his upper back. At first he thinks it's just sweat but after reaching up to make sure, his hand comes away red. It appears he's sustained a fairly superficial wound to the back of his neck. The BMP almost has him pegged now. To expose himself from his current position would be extremely risky. The BMP's gunner bravely fights on from inside his hobbled steel mount, despite the fire of at least two AT gunners.

Mariusz fires off a couple of rounds at the shape of an enemy soldier before ducking into cover. He removes the pin on a smoke grenade and throws it as far as he can over the wall towards the enemy force. (Mariusz -2 rounds & 1 smoke grenade). Dawid sweeps the building to the east with a long burst of fire, attempting to forstall a flanking attempt from that quarter. Dawid picks up the gun and follows the displacing Mariusz, his ersatz ammunition carrier. (Dawid -10 rounds)

On the group's southern flank, an squad-strength enemy flanking attempt is already well underway. Ondar and Warren have culled the enemy squad a bit, but the half dozen or so survivors continue to fire and manouver aggressively, slowly but steadily gaining ground. (Ondar -1 round)

The main enemy group directly to the east, facing the party's center, is more or less pinned down by the party's fire. The group to the northeast seems to have lost heart after their covering BTR took a direct RPG hit to its turret. You can occasionally make out its large caliber MG ammo cooking off in the background of the firefight. The small enemy group to the south, their fighting spirit apparently bolstered by the BMP's valiant stand, is the biggest threat at the moment.


Next Moves?


Updated Tac-Map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...46,0.008234&z=18
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 917 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Sun 22 Aug 2010
at 03:31
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #2):

Cap'n Rae:
While Craig and Thor were taking on the BMP, Jan, Tucker, and Minh were attempting to provide suppressive fire. With all of the lead flying and the percussive blasts of the exploding rockets, it's really hard to tell if any of the outgoing rounds are finding their mark. Tucker, though, is pretty sure that one of his shots just broke an RPK gunner's arm. (Tucker -6 rounds, Minh -2 rounds, Jan - 2 rounds).

Next Moves?

Tucker will continue to pound out rounds from his M-16A2 until they get ready to displace.  Once the order to displace is given by Konrad, he will fire his grenade launcher at the biggest concentration of troops or vehicles to where it would do the most damage.  "POUR IT ON 'EM," he yells out as he continues to put burst fire downrange at their pursuers.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [21/30] / M-203 [HEDP]
H&K SOCOM Pistol [10/12] (Holstered)
Slung Romanian AK-74
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]

Salvaged Gear:
Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[19] AK-74 Mags

Engaging ground targets with burst fire

This message was last edited by the player at 03:32, Sun 22 Aug 2010.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 200 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sun 22 Aug 2010
at 09:33
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

Lying prone on the cold ground, Craig didn't move a muscle. He couldn't see the BMP having crawled off before the grenade had struck but when the top of the brick wall exploded over him he guessed he had missed. His upper half was still covered by his scrim he just hoped they where not pausing to adjust their aim.


Dawids Team
Playing dead

AK-74/BG-15 (30/30) + 2x30(1/1 HE)+ 3 40mm HE Grenades - held at shoulder
RPG-7D (0/1 HEAT) + 1 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) + 5x45 - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade
Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 198 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Sun 22 Aug 2010
at 13:02
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Disgusted at the terrible shot at the dragon, Thor discarded the empty tube and recovered Mjollnir to his shoulder.
Searching across the broken ground, he acquired a target and prepared to end their miserable life.
"FORTY MILL AT DRAGON!" he screamed realising that besides the pinned Sutherland and his RPG, grenade launchers were the only weapon available with any hope of dealing with the BMP.

Thor "The Thunderer"
Aiming Mjollnir at a grenadier, machinegunnner or leader type (in that order of preference)
Barret M82A1 ("Mjollnir") (9/10) + 4x10 + 1x6
PM-63 (25/25) + 1x25
H & K USP-9SD, 9mm (15/15) + 3x15
M-26A1 hand grenade, x4
Bayonet/knife
Individual Tactical Radio

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 94 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Sun 22 Aug 2010
at 15:32
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Warren was concerned at the bad luck the AT gunners seemed to be having.  With the squad running out of options, he longed for his GLTD, which he had left with the 10th, and a nice juicy 500 pound LGB...

Snapping back to reality, he focuses on the southernmost flanking group.  He continues to take single shots at targets as they present themselves.  He also says to Ondar, "We should be prepared to move."


Jeff Warren
Engaging targets in southernmost group
AK-103 w/ POSP4x24 [15/30]

This message was last edited by the player at 00:24, Mon 23 Aug 2010.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1262 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Sun 22 Aug 2010
at 20:53
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Rising up from behind his cover amongst the structures at the zoo, Bayer levels his weapon in the direction of the BMP and aims. After an adjustment for range, he then fires off the grenade launcher towards the vehicle.

Bayer
Center
Firing 40mm HEDP at BMP

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 918 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Sun 22 Aug 2010
at 21:37
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Konrad Bayer:
Rising up from behind his cover amongst the structures at the zoo, Bayer levels his weapon in the direction of the BMP and aims. After an adjustment for range, he then fires off the grenade launcher towards the vehicle.

Bayer
Center
Firing 40mm HEDP at BMP

"BOSS!  YOU FIRE YOURS, I'LL FIRE MINE NEXT, THEN WE'LL DISPLACE!"
Jan Cerny
 player, 668 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Sun 22 Aug 2010
at 22:28
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Craig!  You hit bad?" Jan yelled to his team mate while glancing in his direction.  He was effectively the team medic but needed to be an infantryman at the moment so tending Craig would have to wait for a few seconds.  Jan figured that if Craig was wounded badly he would have been screaming in pain and that if he was quiet it meant that Craig was either keeping quiet or dead.  Jan hoped it was the former!

Noticing that Konrad and Tuck were firing their grenade launchers at the BMP Jan selected a different target as he still had an HE round loaded.  The biggest infantry threat seemed to be the group to the south east as they had a light machinegun of some kind.  He levelled the grenade launcher in the direction of that group, aiming ideally for the area of the light machinegun and then fired the HE round at them.  After firing he immediately ducked into cover and reloaded with an HEDP round in case it was necessary to fire another one at any of the vehicles.


Jan
Firing an HE round from his M203 at the squad of infantry with the LSW or LMG to the SE of their position.
F88 Steyr AUG (27/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - held
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HE - 9x HE, 4x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
PM-84 submachine gun w/suppressor (20/25 rounds) - slung on shoulder
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x2
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - holster

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 789 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Mon 23 Aug 2010
at 08:56
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Mariusz watched the smoke start to swirl from his grenade as he turned to Dawid and said, "Do you need any ammo yet?"

He waited to hear Dawid's answer and supply him with another belt if he needed it. If Dawid was happy with the ammo he had left he intended to fire a few shots at the group nearest the BMP.

Mariusz
Tantal 28/30
4xfrag
Waiting for Dawid to call for ammo
Or
Firing a few rounds at the enemy

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2043 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Mon 23 Aug 2010
at 10:42
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
In reply to Mariusz Tokarski (msg #10):

"I have enough, let me know if the BMP turns its turret in our direction! But I don't think it can see us very well."

Mariusz had picked a worthy position to relocate to, at least it didn't seem to be directly in the BMP's line of fire.

He continued firing at the northern group, hoping to break them so they would move away, leaving a corridor open to the north.


Dawid
PKM (90/85)
Left Flank
Firing bursts of suppressive fire at northern group.

Minh Quyen
 player, 519 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Mon 23 Aug 2010
at 17:50
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Selecting an advancing figure coming up from the South, Quyen aims and stradies her breathing. When she hears her team leader shout for more fire, she snaps off four shots in quick succession.

Quyen
AK74 (25/30)
Tucker's Team
Firing one aimed + three quick shots

Alexei Ondar
 player, 166 posts
 Starshiy Praporshchik
 Ex-GRU/Spetznaz
Tue 24 Aug 2010
at 00:19
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

Ondar's [NPC'ed] rifle isn't well suited to automatic fire but he sees that his precision fire isn't stopping the enemy flankers. He flips the selector switch on his marksman's rifle to automatic and fires off a burst at an enemy runner. Someone has to drop back a bit and make sure the enemy can't loop around or roll up the group's right flank.

"Cover me!"

He rises to a crouch and begins to run, bent at the waste, towards a cluster of tree stumps about 20m to the southwest of his current position.
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1940 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Tue 24 Aug 2010
at 00:33
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

Dawid squeezes off another long burst at the group to the northeast. The tracers whipping past the corner of the building there, coupled with the rounds digging sizeable divots in the corner wall, seems to have disuaded the enemy squad from advancing past their cover, temporarily halting the attempted flanking manouver in its tracks. (Dawid -10 rounds)

Dawid and Mariusz watch as the nose of the second BTR-80 emerges from behind the eoadside building. It stops as soon as its turret achieves line-of-sight on the zoo building acting as the focal point of the intruders defensive line. Dawid's MG bullets carom off of the BTR's steel nose and side armor. Its coaxial MG opens up, peppering the building with fire. It seems like its firing more at the building than on any definite human targets. (Dawid -10 rounds)

Several men sprint past the BTR, running to cover, attempting to jump-start the northern end of the pincers movement.

Meanhwile, Konrad takes aim at the BMP-2 and lobs a 40mm HEDP at it. The grenade hits the turret with a flash. White smoke seeps out of the apperture from which the BMP's coaxial MG portrudes. The BMP doesn't return the fire. Perhaps the surviving crew have decided that discretion is the better part of valor. Tucker covers the Hauptman, firing off four rounds and a shooter in the enemy's center group. (Konrad -1 HEDP; Tucker -3 rounds)). Thor, meanwhile, continues to search for targets in the enemy's center. It takes a while to find someone worth shooting at. (Turn spent searching/aiming)

At the southern end of the party's defensive line, Ondar and Warren continue to try to hold back the arm of the southern pincers. Warren fires a pair of single shots and an enemy sprinting to cover. The man dives behind a large stump and Jeff is fairly certain he missed with both shots. Ondar fires a five-round burst at another sprinter before rising up out of cover and running to the southwest to extend the defensive line to mirror the flankers. He drops midstride, stitched up the middle by a tight burst of RPK fire. (Warren -2 rounds; Ondar -5 rounds)

Minh and Jan recognize the danger to the southern end of the party's defenses and adjusts their focus to meet the threat. Minh fires off four rounds at an enemy rifleman but doesn't not appear to register any hits as the man keeps firing. Jan has better luck, dropping a 40mm HE grenade within a meter or two of an enemy RPK gunner, putting him out of action. (Minh -4 rounds; Jan -1 HE)


Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:40, Tue 24 Aug 2010.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1263 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Tue 24 Aug 2010
at 00:56
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Bayer drops behind his cover once he'd observed his grenade impact, leaving the next shot to be taken by Tucker. "Reloading." he says quietly, but just loud enough for Tuck to hear him.

Hearing Ondar shout about moving, Bayer hollers back from behind his cover, "Hold your position!" Not getting a reply, he says, "Dammit... Jan Quyen, shift your fire to the right and support Warren and Ondar. Stay in place!"

As the empty 40mm casing is popped out of the launcher, he uses his hand to next toggle the radio transmit switch, "Dawid. Sitrep. Do you have the left flank enemy held? Status on enemy AFVs on your side? Over."

Bayer
Reloading/Communicating (-1 40mm HEDP)
Center - down behind cover

This message was last edited by the player at 01:13, Tue 24 Aug 2010.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 919 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Tue 24 Aug 2010
at 01:05
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Cap'n Rae:
Meanhwile, Konrad takes aim at the BMP-2 and lobs a 40mm HEDP at it. The grenade hits the turret with a flash. White smoke seeps out of the apperture from which the BMP's coaxial MG portrudes. The BMP doesn't return the fire. Perhaps the surviving crew have decided that discretion is the better part of valor. Tucker covers the Hauptman, firing off four rounds and a shooter in the enemy's center group. (Konrad -1 HEDP; Tucker -3 rounds)). Thor, meanwhile, continues to search for targets in the enemy's center. It takes a while to find someone worth shooting at. (Turn spent searching/aiming)
Next Moves?

Robert also takes aim at the damaged BMP once he sees that Konrad's round hit the turret and there was no return fire.  As long as his suggestion is still in play, he yells to the others just before firing, "ROUND OUT!  DISPLACE!"  Tucker fires the HEDP round at the BMP hoping for good results and then he will displace once the round is out (unless he has to wait for the next round).

TUCKER
TUCKER
M-16A2 [18/30] / M-203 [HEDP]
H&K SOCOM Pistol [10/12] (Holstered)
Slung Romanian AK-74
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]

Salvaged Gear:
Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[19] AK-74 Mags

Engaging BMP with HEDP round, then displacing with the other members of his team

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2044 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 25 Aug 2010
at 08:12
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Foot soldiers pinned down, BTR still active!"

He refrained from shooting at the bow of the APC further. It wouldn't do any good, and it might draw attention to them. Otherwise, the crew of the buttoned-up APC would have a difficult time seeing them through periscopes, even if they pulled forward.

"Let's relocate to the north, get out of line of sight from the BTR and stall any flankers."

He gathered the PKM and crawled off without coming into the open, Mariusz hopefully in tow.


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM GPMG (70/100 + 85)
Left flank
Displacing a little more northwards.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:29, Wed 25 Aug 2010.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 790 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Wed 25 Aug 2010
at 09:28
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Mariusz got as low to the ground as he could and followed Dawid to the next firing position.
Craig Sutherland
 player, 201 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Wed 25 Aug 2010
at 09:34
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

At the sound of Jan's voice Craig jabs a thumbs up from under his scrim, “I'm fuckin peachy”. As he turns to focus on the BMP, he catches sight of the running men in front of the BTR-80.

Moving slightly in the dirt, he raises the AK-74/BG-15 combo higher up on his shoulder and aims at the middle of the group. He leads his aim on one of the men in the centre, taking his time he finally fires the under-slung grenade launcher.

As the grenade spins out in a low arch he slightly lowers the barrel of the AK-74 ready to start squeezing off shots from the cover of the partially collapsed brick wall. He tries to stay as hidden as possible using gaps in the bricks and his scrim to hide his signature.



Dawids Team
Firing on the northern pincer near the BTR-80

AK-74/BG-15 (30/30) + 2x30(1/1 HE)+ 3 40mm HE Grenades - held at shoulder
RPG-7D (0/1 HEAT) + 1 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) + 5x45 - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade

This message was last edited by the player at 09:34, Wed 25 Aug 2010.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 98 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Wed 25 Aug 2010
at 13:01
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Man down!" Jeff shouts to his comrades to the north.  It is loud enough to be heard, but clear and void of any overexcitement.  Jeff adjusts his position ever so slightly so as to not be firing from the same spot, and thus be focused in on.  He does not however, break cover and expose himself at any point.

While doing so, he keys his radio, and says coolly over the handset, "Hailstorm 1, this is Tornado 1.  Thunder 1 is down near my position.  Be advised there are too many hostiles here for me to reach him on my own."  Although Jeff was still a newcomer to the team, he had felt some attachment to the Tuvan.  Probably his constant exposure to Russian culture.

After settling in a new spot, Jeff continues to engage the southern group.


Jeff Warren
Slight reposition, Engaging south group with single shots
AK-103w/POSP4x24 (unsuppressed at present) [13/30]

This message was last edited by the player at 15:32, Wed 25 Aug 2010.

Jan Cerny
 player, 671 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Wed 25 Aug 2010
at 22:47
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Craig Sutherland:
“I'm fuckin peachy”


Jeff D. Warren:
"Man down!" Jeff shouts to his comrades to the north.  It is loud enough to be heard, but clear and void of any overexcitement.

he keys his radio, and says coolly over the handset, "Hailstorm 1, this is Tornado 1.  Thunder 1 is down near my position.  Be advised there are too many hostiles here for me to reach him on my own." 


Jan's grin at Craig's black humour, even in the middle of a firefight, disappeared as he firstly heard Jeff's shout and then his radio transmission.

Jan had been about to reload his M203 with a HEAT grenade but changed his mind.  "Konrad," he called to his commander.  "I'm going to check on Alexei!"  He then half crawled, half ran at a crouch towards the fallen man, pausing a couple of times to fire pairs of single shots at the squad to the south.  He was certain that he had done some damage with the HE grenade and he wanted to keep their heads down.


Jan
Moving to Alexei and firing two pairs of single shots at the squad to the south as he moves.
F88 Steyr AUG (27/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - held
 - Underslung M203 (0/1 HE - 8x HE, 4x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
PM-84 submachine gun w/suppressor (20/25 rounds) - slung on shoulder
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x2
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - holster

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1944 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Thu 26 Aug 2010
at 00:20
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

The enemy infantry rushing past the nose of the BTR to the northeast dash forward en masse as the wheeled APC continues to spray the zoo buildings with PKT fire. Craig attempts to put a halt to the aggressive flanking move with a 40mm HE grenade. He pulls the trigger and watches the grenade sail towards the enemy infantry. He loses it in the ground clutter near his moving targets but the expected explosion never materializes. For some reason, the grenade must not have armed. He squeezes off a few single shots at the running enemy but does not appear to register any hits. [Craig -1 HE grenade & -3 rounds]

Thor is waiting when the enemy infantry start their foward dash. He leads a heavily laden LMG'er and pulls the trigger. The Barrett kicks hard and the target is knocked sideways off his feet. After he hits the ground, he doesn't move. Dieter follows Thor's lead, knocking another enemy runner to the ground with a single shot. His target, however, scrambles behind a tree stump. [Thor -1 round; Dieter -1 round]

Dawid and Mariusz begin crawling towards the north, attempting to get into a better position to stop the northern arm of the enemy pincers. The only way to get out of the BTR's line of fire is to enter the zoo building or curl around behind the structure, using it for cover. [I need a route]

The nothern pincers movement sputters to a halt under Thor and Dieter's precision fire. The remaining half-dozen or so enemy infantry go to ground and begin returning fire from cover.

Tucker sends another 40mm HEDP grenade towards the damaged BMP-2 in a shallow arc. It impacts against the BMP's turret, exploding in nearly the same spot where Konrad's earlier HEDP grenade had hit. A couple of seconds later, puffs of white smoke and pulsing streamers of sparks start shooting from the BMP's PKT apperture. It appears that the coaxial ammunition is cooking off in the internal feed aparatus. This must certainly make life inside the turret untenable, likely removing the immobilized BMP as a threat. [Tucker -1 HEDP]

Hearing Warren's ominous radio report, Jan displaces, heading south to join the beleagured sniper group and firing as he goes. He attracts a few rounds in return but nothing accurate enough to do any damage. He dives to the ground a few meters from Warren and locates Ondar, a dozen or so meters to his right (south). The Tuvan commando sits up in full view of the remaining enemy, patting himself down. He appears stunned and/or disoriented. Moments later, the fire of 3-5 enemy riflemen starts kicking up mud and slush all around him. Wood splinters explode from a nearby tree trunk. [Jan -3 rounds]

The enemy's center group has dwindled in strength to two or three riflemen who periodically fire a few AK rounds towards the party's positions around the primate house. After making rapid innitial progress, the northern flanker group has stalled momentarily. Their supporting BTR, however, remains a threat. The southern flanker group is down to less than a half-dozen effectives and seem content to stay put and rake the party's right flank with rifle fire. At the moment, most of their attention seems to be focussed on the dazed and confused Ondar.


Next Moves?

Updated Tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...46,0.008234&z=18

Remember to keep your personal ammo up to date!

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:28, Thu 26 Aug 2010.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 202 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Thu 26 Aug 2010
at 10:38
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

From cover Craig reloads the grenade launcher. He continues to fire on the northern flank, single shots at any muzzle flashes. If any of the barons men continue their movement he would fire on them as a priority.

The BTR was probably too small of a target at the moment but if it moved forward he would try to engage it with the RPG.


Dawids Team
Firing on the northern infantry

AK-74/BG-15 (27/30) + 2x30(1/1 HE)+ 2 40mm HE Grenades - held at shoulder
RPG-7D (0/1 HEAT) + 1 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) + 5x45 - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade

This message was last edited by the player at 00:36, Fri 27 Aug 2010.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2045 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Thu 26 Aug 2010
at 11:18
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
They move around the monkey building, then fire suppression at the NE group.


Dawid
PKM (70/100 + 85
Moving, then firing.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:10, Thu 26 Aug 2010.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 791 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Thu 26 Aug 2010
at 12:04
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Mariusz followed Dawid.
Minh Quyen
 player, 520 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Thu 26 Aug 2010
at 21:49
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Undeterred by the lack of kills, Quyen continues to fire a steady rate of shots into the advancing enemy. Still hugging the solid cover next to Tucker, she fires three more quick rounds at one of the enemy riflemen in the center group.

Quyen
AK74 (21/30)
Next to Tucker
Continuing to fire (x3 quick)

This message was last edited by the player at 21:50, Thu 26 Aug 2010.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 920 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Thu 26 Aug 2010
at 22:51
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Tucker was just about ready to move out when he saw Minh still in her position and continuing to fire at the enemy troops.  "I GUESS WE'RE STAYING THEN?" he yells out as he comes back down and drops the empty HEDP casing out of the grenade launcher and pops in a fresh HE round, closing the breech.  If there is time, Tucker will continue to fire his weapon at select targets of opportunity that present themselves.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [18/30] / M-203 [HE]
H&K SOCOM Pistol [10/12] (Holstered)
Slung Romanian AK-74
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]

Salvaged Gear:
Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[19] AK-74 Mags

Relaoding M-203 launcher with HE round and then engaging ground targets with burst fire

This message was last edited by the player at 02:27, Sat 28 Aug 2010.

Jan Cerny
 player, 673 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 18:50
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Alexi!  Get in cover!  You're not dead yet!" Jan yelled as he brought his rifle to his shoulder and fired a rapid series of single shots at the enemy riflemen to his south who were firing at Ondar.  Though he was trying to hit the Baron's soldiers his main concern was to suppress them, aiming to dissuade them from firing at Alexi and giving his comrade a chance to make it to cover without being hit.

He stayed in the cover Jeff had selected, near to the CIA Agent, and hoped that it would provide sufficient protection from any fire he drew as a result of his own shots.  He could hear from Tuck's yells that he certainly thought that it was time to withdraw and Jan was starting to agree.  If they could knock out the remaining BTR to the north without any casualties then their brief stand too would have certainly been a success!


Jan
Firing 5 single shots (if possible) at the 3 to 5 enemy riflemen who are firing at Alexi.
F88 Steyr AUG (24/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - held
 - Underslung M203 (0/1 HE - 8x HE, 4x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
PM-84 submachine gun w/suppressor (20/25 rounds) - slung on shoulder
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x2
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - holster

This message was last edited by the player at 18:55, Fri 27 Aug 2010.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 99 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 20:35
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Jeff is surprised to see Alexei still moving.  Immediately after Jan arrives and begins to shout at Ondar, Jeff produces one of his own Soviet RDG-3 Smoke grenades, and tosses it (unactivated) to Jan.  He then returns to his sights, and continues to engage the southern group.  Between shots he calls to Jan "Toss the smoke if you can reach him.  I'll keep them suppressed"


Jeff Warren
Continuing to engage South Group
AK103w/POSP4x24 [13/30} + 10 mags
4 RGO-5 Frag Grenades, 2 RGD-3 Smoke Grenades (1 to Jan)
Sig P220 Holstered + 3 mags

This message was last edited by the player at 20:39, Fri 27 Aug 2010.

Jan Cerny
 player, 674 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 21:11
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Picking up the un-activated smoke grenade from where it had landed, after Jeff had lobbed it to him, Jan changed his plan and pulled the pin before carefully throwing the grenade between the squad of riflemen to the south and Alexi, aiming to give him some cover.

After throwing the grenade he quickly snatched up his rifle again to join Jeff in firing at the enemy soldiers firing at Alexi.


Jan
Changing actions and throwing Jeff's smoke grenade to provide some cover for Alexi before firing single shots at the remains of the squad to the south (if there is time).
F88 Steyr AUG (24/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - held
 - Underslung M203 (0/1 HE - 8x HE, 4x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
PM-84 submachine gun w/suppressor (20/25 rounds) - slung on shoulder
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x2
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - holster

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1945 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 28 Aug 2010
at 18:35
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

Dawid and Mariusz crawl behind the primate house. On his own innitiative, Woj follows close on their heels. Once behind the relative cover of the crumbling and oft-pierced walls, the trio rises to their feet and crouch-runs to the northwest corner of the building. They plop down in defilade and set up the PKM to stop any further enemy movement to the west. It's a good position, offering them cover from the BTR's PKT while allowing them to fire on the enemy dismounts who are now starting to move again- this time, more cautiously. Three or four men provide covering fire, while the other half of the squad bounds to cover.

While Dawid and Mariusz are setting up in their new position, the BTR gunner fixates on Thor. The muzzle blast and water vapor thrown up by his last shot (a kill, no doubt) were hard to miss. The BTR's PKT chatters away, showering Thor's position with hot led. The Norwegian is effectively pinned down behind his meager cover. Dieter, position nearby, is also in some danger. He holds his fire.

Craig attempts to shoot up the enemy infantry to the north as they bound to the west. He fires off several shots with no apparent affect. Then he notices one of his targets limping. He tries to finish the man but his target gets to cover before Craig can hit him again. (Craig -8 rounds)

Minh and Tucker continue to attempt to pick off enemy soldiers in the center group. The smoke Jan threw earlier is making it difficult to pick out clear targets. Minh spots the muzzle flash of an enemy rifleman and takes it under fire. Minh's fire is accurate, striking all around and very close to her target and pinning him behind the cover of a tree stump. She may have hit him at least once, but she can't be sure. All she knows is that he is no longer firing. Between swirling trendils of the dissipating smoke, Tucker watches as a burst of his fire takes the top of an enemy's soldier's head off in a grizzly red spray. (Minh -8 rounds; Tucker -6 rounds)

The BMP's ammo continues to cook off. The violence of the small explosions increases, suggesting that the 30mm ammunition is beginning to detonate now as well. Whisps of black smoke and flames are escaping from the turret's orifices.

Konrad, from his postion near the center of the party's line, tries to make sense of the overall tactical situation.

On the southern end of the party's line, Warren and Jan work desperately to save Ondar. They take turns firing at the enemy shooters. Warren continues firing as Jan throws a smoke grenade over Ondar, attempting to screen his friend from the enemy riflemen. Ondar, meanwhile, becomes a veritable bullet magnet. He jerks and reels as no less than three enemy bullets strike him. Then, without a sound, he slumps to his side on the ground. As the smoke spreads and Ondar falls again, likely gravely wounded this time, Warren, claims another kill, eliminating another enemy rifleman. Unfortunately for Warren's Tuvan comrade, it's too little, too late. Smoke is now billowing out in front of Ondar. Only three or four enemy are firing from the southern flank but they probably can't see what they're shooting at (this cuts both ways now). (Warren - 9 shots & 1 smoke grenade, Jan - 6 shots)

Over the sound of the firefight, Warren, Jan, Konrad, Tucker, and Minh can hear the sound of a straining engine. It sounds like it's coming from the south or southeast. Due to the fresh smoke in front of the team's southernmost position, no one can actually see the source of this troubling sound.


Next Moves?


Updated Tac-Map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...46,0.008234&z=18

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:10, Sat 28 Aug 2010.

Jan Cerny
 player, 676 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Sat 28 Aug 2010
at 20:52
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Konrad," Jan called to his commander, though loud enough for most of the others to hear.  "Alexei's been hit and there's another vehicle to the south!"  He wasn't sure exactly who had heard the sound of the vehicle so automatically passed the information along to the others.  There wasn't time for him to use the radio though as he had a patient to check on.

He then turned to the man beside him and spoke at a more measured level.  "Jeff.  Keep them occupied.  I'm going to see if Alexei is still alive!"  Jan then started to crawl towards Alexei until he was concealed by the smoke, at which point he quickly rose to a crouch and then ran as quickly as possible to the fallen man while keeping himself as low as possible.  On reaching Alexei the first thing he checked was whether he was still alive!


Jan
Moving as quickly as possible to Alexei and checking whether he is still alive.
F88 Steyr AUG (18/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - held
 - Underslung M203 (0/1 HE - 8x HE, 4x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
PM-84 submachine gun w/suppressor (20/25 rounds) - slung on shoulder
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x2
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - holster

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 921 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Sat 28 Aug 2010
at 21:07
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Cap'n Rae:
Minh and Tucker continue to attempt to pick off enemy soldiers in the center group. The smoke Jan threw earlier is making it difficult to pick out clear targets. Minh spots the muzzle flash of an enemy rifleman and takes it under fire. Minh's fire is accurate, striking all around and very close to her target and pinning him behind the cover of a tree stump. She may have hit him at least once, but she can't be sure. All she knows is that he is no longer firing. Between swirling trendils of the dissipating smoke, Tucker watches as a burst of his fire takes the top of an enemy's soldier's head off in a grizzly red spray. (Minh -8 rounds; Tucker -6 rounds)

The BMP's ammo continues to cook off. The violence of the small explosions increases, suggesting that the 30mm ammunition is beginning to detonate now as well. Whisps of black smoke and flames are escaping from the turret's orifices.

Konrad, from his postion near the center of the party's line, tries to make sense of the overall tactical situation.

Next Moves?

As long as there are adequate targets making themselves known to Minh & himself, Tucker will continue to put out burst fire towards them until they're told to displace or go for other targets of opportunity.  Robert will suport Minh and ask her, "HEY!  See what Konrad wants to do or if you're needed elsewhere.  I'll hold here.  Sounds like we got a lot going on all around us and we may be the lightest action going on.  Just don't forget me sweetie!"  Tucker goes back to covering their position.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [12/30] / M-203 [HE]
H&K SOCOM Pistol [10/12] (Holstered)
Slung Romanian AK-74
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]

Salvaged Gear:
Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[19] AK-74 Mags

Engaging ground targets with burst fire

This message was last edited by the player at 21:08, Sat 28 Aug 2010.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1946 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 28 Aug 2010
at 21:16
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

Jan runs towards the reclining Ondar. Bullets whip through the still-spreading smoke, tiny eddies curling in their wake. Jan dives down besides Ondar and begins examinating his wounded friend. The front of Ondar's shirt, just below the edge his armored vest and beneath his ammo pouches, is sopping wet with blood. His left arm is burried awkwardly under his body. It looks like it's been almost severed just above the elbow. Blood trickles out of Ondar's mouth. Grimacing with the pain of effort, Ondar croaks out,

"Sorry... comrade."

His teeth are stained red by the blood. Straining to get the words out, he continues,

"Revenge good, no?"

Then, Ondar utters a string of words in what must be Tuvan. Jan can only pick out one of them, repeated twice. It's a name- a woman's name.

Katya.

Ondar's eyes glaze over and roll back. His compact body is wracked with spasms and blood squirts from a gap between his clenched teeth. Just as suddenly as they began, the spasms end. His body goes completely limp. Ondar's spirit departs. He is dead.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:20, Sat 28 Aug 2010.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 203 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sat 28 Aug 2010
at 22:43
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

Dropping back behind the partially collapsed brick wall he is using for cover Craig makes a quick decision he rises again and aims the under barrel grenade launcher at the BTR. Exhaling he pulls the trigger, not waiting to see the effect of the grenade he begins a quick crawl to the rear of the primate house.

As he moves off he wonders why the APC has not used its heavy cannon, it maybe the one from the ambush that escaped. Its heavy gun may have been damaged by the 40mm HEDP rounds its turret sucked up. In that case his grenade may do more physiological then real damage. Maybe he will get lucky and they left the top hatches open, thats if he hits the damn thing. He reloads the RPG-7 on the move just in case.

Dawids Team
Firing on the BTR-80

AK-74/BG-15 (19/30) + 2x30(0/1 HE)+ 3 40mm HE Grenades - held at shoulder
RPG-7D (0/1 HEAT) + 1 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) + 5x45 - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade

This message was last edited by the player at 08:24, Sun 29 Aug 2010.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2046 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sun 29 Aug 2010
at 01:30
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
To make sure he had a better understanding of the situation, Dawid radioed Konrad,

"the pinned section in the NE has fallen back and retreated. They're gone. Fresh reinforcements have arrived that are advancing on our left flank. These guys are tougher, but we'll send them packing too!"

With this, he set up the PKM and began to fire bursts at the new group that showed up to the NE.


Dawid
PKM (70/100 + 85)
Northern (left) flank
Firing full-auto at NE flankers.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 792 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sun 29 Aug 2010
at 09:50
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Mariusz checked that Dawid was fine for ammunition and that the belt was nicely deployed. He made sure he was in reasonable cover and then aimed his rifle in the direction of Dawid's firing. He scanned the attackers to see if anyone was aiming at Dawid or if anyone had a weapon capable of endangering them.


Mariusz
Tantal 28/30
Overwatch
Triggers:
Someone aiming at Dawid
Support or heavy weapon
If none of these triggers occur he won't fire

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 201 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Sun 29 Aug 2010
at 11:50
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Thor trusted in his well selected cover, dragged Mjollnir back with him and put his head down to wait out the storm. Sooner or later the gunner would tire of tearing up the terrain and switch targets, either thinking Thor was dead, or moved.

Thor "The Thunderer"
Taking cover and waiting
Barret M82A1 ("Mjollnir") (9/10) + 4x10 + 1x6
PM-63 (25/25) + 1x25
H & K USP-9SD, 9mm (15/15) + 3x15
M-26A1 hand grenade, x4
Bayonet/knife
Individual Tactical Radio

This message was last edited by the player at 13:54, Sun 29 Aug 2010.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2047 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sun 29 Aug 2010
at 12:00
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
In reply to Mariusz Tokarski (msg #37):

Seeing Mariusz firing too he said, "good idea my friend! Every bit helps!"
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1265 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Mon 30 Aug 2010
at 00:42
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Jan Cerny:
"Konrad," Jan called to his commander, though loud enough for most of the others to hear.  "Alexei's been hit and there's another vehicle to the south!"


"Roger. I'm moving to your position." Bayer replied, sliding his grenade launcher shut with a fresh 40mm HEDP round inserted.

Staying low and behind cover, Bayer pushes past Tucker and Quyen. "Vehicle to the south. We can't withdraw with AFVs on us. Not yet." he says quietly. "Need you two to hold the center."

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
To make sure he had a better understanding of the situation, Dawid radioed Konrad, "the pinned section in the NE has fallen back and retreated. They're gone. Fresh reinforcements have arrived that are advancing on our left flank. These guys are tougher, but we'll send them packing too!"


Still moving to Jan's position, utilizing cover to its maximum use, Bayer replies over the radio, "Roger. Hold tight a little longer. Anyone at your position able to knock out the BTR? Immobilize it? Over." Infantry were of little concern, but the AFVs affected everything.

Nearing Jan's position on the right flank, Bayer stops scurrying once he can observe to the south. "AFV where? Where's Ondar?"

Bayer shifting to right hand team
G36/HK69 (30/30 + HEDP)

This message was last edited by the player at 00:44, Mon 30 Aug 2010.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 100 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Mon 30 Aug 2010
at 01:10
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Konrad Bayer:
"AFV where? Where's Ondar?"

Jeff fires the last four rounds in his magazine at the southern group as Bayer approaches.  He ducks down to reload and sees Konrad come up.

"It's coming up from the south, but can't see it through the smoke.  Jan's out there with Ondar.  It doesn't look good for him." The snap of a nearby round causes Jeff to pause. "We've got good smoke now to pull out.  Or we stay here until they run out of vehicles.  Or us of AT weapons and people."


Jeff Warren
4 Quick shots at southern group + Reload
AK-103w/POSP4x24 [4/30] + 10 mags in reserve

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 202 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Mon 30 Aug 2010
at 01:19
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
In reply to Konrad Bayer (msg #40):

The sound of machinegun fire zipping overhead, Thor's radioed response was hard to understand.
"Mjollnir řdelegger dragon. Forty mill řdelegger dragon too."
Of course the fact he was digging a hole in the ground with his eyeballs probably didn't help either....
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 923 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Mon 30 Aug 2010
at 02:05
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Konrad Bayer:
Jan Cerny:
"Konrad," Jan called to his commander, though loud enough for most of the others to hear.  "Alexei's been hit and there's another vehicle to the south!"


"Roger. I'm moving to your position." Bayer replied, sliding his grenade launcher shut with a fresh 40mm HEDP round inserted.

Staying low and behind cover, Bayer pushes past Tucker and Quyen. "Vehicle to the south. We can't withdraw with AFVs on us. Not yet." he says quietly. "Need you two to hold the center."

Robert looks back from the sights of his M-16 back to Konrad before he pushes past him and Minh.  "God Damn!  Another fuckin' vehicle?  Aw-right boss we'll hold here.  Just don't forget us when it's time to go," Tuck says to Bayer and then nods over to Minh.  "Me and you darling!  You cover the left quadrant, I'll take the right one," as he drops the partially depleted mag into his hand then into a pocket, the loading a fresh one into his mag well from his vest.  As long as it's seated properly, he begins to scan for targets.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [30/30] / M-203 [HE]
H&K SOCOM Pistol [10/12] (Holstered)
Slung Romanian AK-74
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]
[1] Mag 5.56N [12/30] (BDU Pocket)

Salvaged Gear:
Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[19] AK-74 Mags

Reloading M-16A2 with fresh mag & then covering the right quadrant of their position with Minh

This message was last edited by the player at 02:09, Mon 30 Aug 2010.

Jan Cerny
 player, 677 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Mon 30 Aug 2010
at 21:31
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Alexei's death made a potentially difficult decision simple for Jan.  He had been considering what to do if Alexei had merely been seriously wounded but that problem had been resolved for him.  Thoughts of putting Alexei out of his misery passed as Alexei muttered his final words and died.

"I hope she was worth it and that you'll see her again," he replied to Alexei, closing the man's eyes with his left hand.

"He's dead," he called across to Jeff, unaware that Konrad had joined the CIA man on the southern flank.  He quickly started to strip the most important gear off Alexei's body while he still had the smoke as cover.  He didn't dwell on it but it was amazing how quickly he had descended to living as a scavenger and that stripping a fallen comrades' body of useful gear didn't bother him.

Mind you the only real difference was that if he had still been operating with extensive support he would have tried to recover Alexei's body.  That was something that he would have to deal with later.  Now was not the time!
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1948 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Tue 31 Aug 2010
at 02:25
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

While the BTR gunner is preoccupied with Thor, Craig lines up a shot and fires a 40mm HE grenade at the Soviet-made APC. It hits the front, left tire and explodes in a flash of sparks. The driver prudently seeks cover and the BTR rolls backwards behind the building, one of its eight tires a shredded, smoking mess. (Craig -1 40mm HE)

Dawid, lying prone in defilade behind the ruined primate house, catches a small group of enemy infantry running from cover to cover and hammers away at them with the PKM. One of the men drops and tumbles as bullets strike him in the torso. The others dive for the nearest cover. Dawid picks one of them out and sends another burst his way. Rounds strike close by the target, pinning down the remainder of the section (3 men, perhaps). Mariusz takes a few shots at the enemy flankers, the results of which are unknown. Woj continues to observe. To the best of anyone's knowledge, he has yet to fire a shot during this engagement. (Dawid -10 rounds; Mariusz -3 rounds)

Tucker and Minh hold the center. At the moment, there's not much to shoot at. The smoke in front of their positions has mostly dissipated, leaving only a reddish haze between them and the few remaining enemy riflemen. Since they are not presently firing, it's hard to pick out targets.

Bayer uses the lull to rush to Warren and Ondar's position. Jan's smoke is still fairly thick and continues to obscure the approaching vehicle. It's definitely coming closer, it's most likely coming from the south or southeast, and Konrad thinks he can hear the squeal of tracks. Warren fires the remaining four rounds in his magazine into the smoke, trying to "aim" for the spots he remembers enemy riflemen to be occupying. It's probably futile, but, in theory, it should at least keep their heads down. Enemy fire has slackened off quite a bit since the fusilade that stitched Ondar.(Warren -4 rounds)

Jan strips Ondar of weapons and ammunition and his medium-range, secure Soviet-made radio. It's emotionally difficult but Jan knows that Ondar would understand.


Next Moves?


Updated tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...92,0.016469&z=17

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:32, Tue 31 Aug 2010.

Minh Quyen
 player, 521 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Tue 31 Aug 2010
at 02:39
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Watching left." confirms Quyen. She then looks over the top of the rifle's iron sights and scans the area around the enemy's position. If she can spot anyone in the center group, an immediate threat or not, she'll take aim and fire twice.

Quyen
AK74 (18/30)
Firing 1 aimed shot and 1 quick shot at anyone
Next to Tucker

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1266 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Tue 31 Aug 2010
at 03:06
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Jan!" Bayer yells from behind his cover. "Need you to concentrate your team's fire on the right hand enemy now... before that AFV gets here."

"Craig, you have any antitank weapons left?" he asks, unsure if the RPG ammo was expended.

Bayer then lines up one of the enemy soldiers with his weapon and fires a trio of shots at him.

Konrad Bayer
Communicating and firing 3 shots at the bottom group of enemy
G36/HK69 (30/30 + HEDP)

This message was last edited by the player at 03:55, Tue 31 Aug 2010.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 205 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Tue 31 Aug 2010
at 10:52
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

Craig continues his quick low crawl until he has the brick wall of the primate house between himself and the enemy.

Hearing the call from Konrad Craig flicks on his receiver;

”Hailstorm-1 this is Lighting-4, be advised one RPG HEAT round available.”

He takes a knee at the edge of the building and begins firing bursts at the northern troops close to Dawids position. In between bursts he asks;

“Good morning gentlemen pleasant day how's the hunting.”


Dawids Team
Firing at northern troops

AK-74/BG-15 (19/30) + 2x30(1/1 HE)+ 3 40mm HE Grenades - held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 0 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) + 5x45 - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2048 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 1 Sep 2010
at 12:47
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Mariusz, get Woj's AK and use the bloody grenade launcher if he's not going to use it!"

As for himself he kept pouring on the fire. If he couldn't see any targets he switched to suppression fire.

Time to send these devils back to Hell!


Dawid
PKM (60/100 + 85)
Northern (left) flank
Firing full-auto at NE flankers.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 793 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Wed 1 Sep 2010
at 15:27
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"I'll be back asap," Mariusz said and crawled back to where Woj was.

He looked at the man and said, "I know this is tough, these guys could be your mates. I won't ask you to fight if you can't, but Dawid says we need the power of your grenade launcher. If you can't use it yourself on the men attacking us, give it to me for the fight, you can have it back at the end."

Mariusz looked over and shook his head sadly as he saw Ondar's body, he looked up tears in his eyes, "I don't want to lose any more friends today."

He held his hand out imploringly thinking to himself, I wonder if anyone's got dibs on Ondar's gun? It looked really cool.
Jeff D. Warren
 player, 102 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Wed 1 Sep 2010
at 17:42
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Jeff finishes reloading and waits without moving, crouched behind thick cover.  The smoke is still obscuring his sights, but he takes aim at the enemies last position, waiting for the first chance he can to accurately engage them.  He does keep alert to duck down the second the vehicle shows up.

If Jan comes over, Jeff will relieve him of Ondar's SVU, as it looked like Jan was already carrying three other weapons, and didn't need the burden of one more.


Jeff Warren
Aiming at enemy positions through smoke, ready to engage or drop further into cover.
AK-103 w/POSP4x24, Foregrip.  [30/30] 9 mags in reserve

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 924 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Wed 1 Sep 2010
at 22:31
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Minh Quyen:
"Watching left." confirms Quyen. She then looks over the top of the rifle's iron sights and scans the area around the enemy's position. If she can spot anyone in the center group, an immediate threat or not, she'll take aim and fire twice.

"Right's looking clear here," Tucker calls out to Minh as he scans for targets.  If he finds any, he will call them out to Minh.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [30/30] / M-203 [HE]
H&K SOCOM Pistol [10/12] (Holstered)
Slung Romanian AK-74
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]
[1] Mag 5.56N [12/30] (BDU Pocket)

Salvaged Gear:
Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[19] AK-74 Mags

Center of teams line with Minh, searching for targets

Jan Cerny
 player, 678 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Wed 1 Sep 2010
at 22:42
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Before he moved any further Jan reloaded his M203 with an HEDP round in case he saw the vehicle he could hear.  It sounded like it was a tracked vehicle of some kind and that was undoubtedly bad news.  The Baron seemed to have a lot of well armed troops - they had knocked out or severely damaged several vehicles already and the Baron's forces still seemed intent on attacking them!  That also meant that their morale was good, which was also bad news!

Having reloaded his grenade launcher Jan then finished taking Alexei's equipment.  He clipped the two frag grenades to his own webbing, shoved Alexei's webbing and ammo bandoleer into the Tuvan's backpack and then added his own SMG, the PM-84, and the Lifchik chest harness containing six AK-74 mags, that he had scavenged from a dead enemy soldier, in order to make it all easier to carry.  He then slung the backpack over one shoulder and Alexei's rifle and satchel over the other.

"Goodbye my friend," he muttered quietly to Alexei's corpse.  Encumbered Jan then ran as quickly as possible back to where Konrad and Jeff were, relying on the remains of the smoke grenade to provide him with cover.  Reaching Konrad and Jeff he then happily passed across the SVU-AS Sniper Rifle to the CIA man in order to spread the load around a little.


Jan
Reloading his M203 with an HEDP round, stripping Alexei of his gear and moving back to join Konrad and Jeff.
F88 Steyr AUG (18/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - held
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HEDP - 8x HE, 4x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
PM-84 submachine gun w/suppressor (20/25 rounds) - put in backpack
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x2
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - holster

Items taken from Alexei:
2x frag grenade (attached to webbing)
Backpack (2.0kg) (slung on left shoulder)
 - Soviet R-143 Secure Manpack Radio (7.0kg)
 - MRE’s (3.0kg)
 - Nighthawk ON1x20/IR Night Vision Goggles (0.9kg)
 - Combat Webbing (2.6kg)
   - Gas Mask in pouch (1.0kg)
   - Canteen + cup in pouch x2 (2.4kg)
   - Ammo pouch x2
     - Flashlight (0.2)
     - 8rd mags 9mmM (0.2kg)
     - Suppressor for PB/6P9 (0.24kg)
   - Personal Medical Kit in pouch (0.18kg)
   - Compass in pouch (0.1kg)
   - Hunting Knife & sheath (0.25kg)
   - Hatchet in E-Tool pouch (1.0kg)
   - Shoulder Holster
     - PB/6P9 + 1x8rd mags 9mmM (0.83kg)
 - Bandoleer (0.5kg)
   - 7.62mmL 10rnd mag full x5 (2.25kg)
   - 7.62mmL 10rnd mag empty x1 (0.15kg)
SVU-AS Sniper Rifle (Bipod, 4X PSO-1 telescopic sight) (5.5kg)
 - 7.62mmL 10rnd mag (3/10 rnds) (0.24kg)
Satchel (maps, codebooks, etc.) (1.0kg)

This message was last edited by the player at 05:48, Thu 02 Sept 2010.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1949 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Wed 1 Sep 2010
at 23:07
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Mariusz Tokarski:
He looked at the man and said, "I know this is tough, these guys could be your mates. I won't ask you to fight if you can't, but Dawid says we need the power of your grenade launcher. If you can't use it yourself on the men attacking us, give it to me for the fight, you can have it back at the end."

Mariusz looked over and shook his head sadly as he saw Ondar's body, he looked up tears in his eyes, "I don't want to lose any more friends today."


Woj frowns at Mariusz and shrugs apologetically. "Fuck these Ukranian mercs. I just don't really know how to shoot this thing. Here, you're welcome to it."

He offers Mariusz the AK/GL combo in exchange for Mariusz's standard AK-74.

"Good luck with that thing."

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:11, Thu 02 Sept 2010.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1950 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Wed 1 Sep 2010
at 23:24
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

Dawid spots an enemy soldier leaning around cover to return fire. A ten-round burst of PKM fire walks its way down the length of the man's body, most likely killing him. Of the northern flanking group, only four or five able-bodied enemy soldiers remain. Dawid sweeps the kill zone with another ten round burst. (Dawid -20 rounds)

With Dawid providing suppressive fire and the BTR remaining out of sight behind the roadside building, Thor, Dieter, and Craig have much more freedom of movement/action. There are still a few enemy infantry about, so caution is still required, but it is not quite as "hot" on this portion of the battlefield as it was a couple of minutes earlier.

In the center group, Minh notices movement in the same spot she'd shot up just a few seconds earlier. Taking careful aim, she fires twice and, this time, actually sees a bullet strike the man's upper right arm. He jerks back behind his tree trunk. (Minh -2 rounds)

Tucker continues to scan his piece of the pie. An enemy soldier is screaming and moaning out in front of his position. The survivors appear too shocked by their losses to attempt any sort of offensive action. They hide behind their cover and try not to draw attention to themselves.

To the south, the smoke has drifted just enough to give Warren, Jan, and Konrad a glimpse of the vehicle which they've been hearing for the last couple of minutes. It's tracked, with a flat nose like a cargo truck. Konrad recognizes it as the PTSM amphibious tractor he, Minh, Tucker, and encountered a few days earlier at the pirate camp. It's stopped about 200m off, and it appears that men are currently dismounting from the right (far) side of it's long cargo bed.


Next Moves?

Updated tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...92,0.016469&z=17

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:10, Thu 02 Sept 2010.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2049 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 09:24
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #55):

Making sure to the NW corner of the building in between them and the BTR, Dawid continued firing on the enemy's right flank. Even if he couldn't see anyone up and moving he continued suppressive fire to keep their heads down.

"Mariusz, you and Woj go now, get to that building to the north. I'll cover! Mind that BTR."

If the enemy managed to keep working their way west, then that building would block his line of fire. Moving north might put them in the BTR's sights but if they didn't take the risk, they could be outflanked.

"Eagle this is Sunray, displacing north."


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (50/100 + 85)
Left Flank
Covering fire on N enemy group.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:25, Fri 03 Sept 2010.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 927 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 13:31
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Cap'n Rae:
Tucker continues to scan his piece of the pie. An enemy soldier is screaming and moaning out in front of his position. The survivors appear too shocked by their losses to attempt any sort of offensive action. They hide behind their cover and try not to draw attention to themselves.
Next Moves?

"I wish I had a fucking scope on this thing," Tucker thinks to himself hearing the guy out there yelling and screaming.  "Would make it a lot easier to shoot at these guys if they were coming to help him but they're not even budging!  I guess they're waiting for us to get out of here before they even try to think about getting him.  There's got to be someone stupid enough to try," he thinks again as he switches his selector switch to single-shot in case someone does make a move.  "Right's clear for now Minh.  Got one dude out there screaming from a hit.  I'm waiting for the heroes to come out and get 'em."

TUCKER
M-16A2 [30/30] / M-203 [HE] - {SINGLE-SHOT}
H&K SOCOM Pistol [10/12] (Holstered)
Slung Romanian AK-74
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]
[1] Mag 5.56N [12/30] (BDU Pocket)

Salvaged Gear:
Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[19] AK-74 Mags

Center of teams line with Minh, searching for targets

This message was last edited by the player at 13:32, Fri 03 Sept 2010.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 794 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 13:47
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Mariusz nodded at Dawid's shout and said to Woj, "OK, we're running for the Giraffe house. To the left of it is the Lion and Tiger enclosure, if things go bad, the enclosure has a deep moat and underground shelters and tunnels for the animals. It would be a deathtrap for all of us but if it goes bad you might be able to hide there. Once we reach a foothold on the Giraffe house, you cover me while I look for a target."

Mariusz got up and scuttled in a darting crouch toward the giraffe house. He kept looking nervously at the BTR, ready to throw himself down if the turret turned. Once he had found suitable cover he started to look for targets.

Mariusz
AK-74/BG-1 (30?/30 ?/1)

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2050 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 20:41
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Mariusz Tokarski:
Mariusz nodded at Dawid's shout and said to Woj, "OK, we're running for the Giraffe house. To the left of it is the Lion and Tiger enclosure, if things go bad, the enclosure has a deep moat and underground shelters and tunnels for the animals. It would be a deathtrap for all of us but if it goes bad you might be able to hide there. Once we reach a foothold on the Giraffe house, you cover me while I look for a target."



"The BTR should only see you for a short time because of where it is, and it's hard to see out of one of those things. But if it's too long a dash, don't risk it."

"Do either of you have any smoke?"


The BTR was behind the north side of a small building, which limited their arc of fire. Crews were trained to fight buttoned-up and so their view would be further restricted. Presumably they were afraid of the team's potential anti-armour capability although Dawid personally thought they had mostly shot their bolt. Still, they didn't know that, and it maybe meant the crew was going to be more timid.
Craig Sutherland
 player, 206 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 21:49
Re: The Zoo (Continued)


Swivelling the AK-74/BG-30 back and forth across the battlefield in front of his current position, Craig turns towards the noise to the south. Craig had seen the vehicle before and knew how many men it was capable of carrying.

He raises the his rifle slightly higher and aims the 40mm grenade launcher towards the tractor. Once he was happy he pulls the trigger and lowers the rifle. From his prone position he begins firing short bursts towards the drivers side of the cab and the GPMG position on the cab roof.


Dawids Team
Firing on the BTR-80

AK-74/BG-15 (19/30) + 2x30(1/1 HE)+ 1 40mm HE Grenades - held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 0 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) + 5x45 - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade

This message was last edited by the player at 21:51, Fri 03 Sept 2010.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1268 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 22:12
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Watching the PTSM arrive, Bayer's initial thought was of when Wicks was killed. Not these assholes again, he thought.

Then judging the distance and angle, he toggled his radio and dipped down below cover. "Tornado, this is Sunray." he says slowly. "Thor, it's Bayer. Provide precision fire on the enemy threat to the southwest. Infantry dismounting from tracked carrier. Priority support weapons. Over."

When Jan finally gets back into position, he says to him and Warren, "Damn PTS again... could be much worse though... we're still ok here." ...except Ondar who should've known better.

Bayer then levels his rifle towards the disembarking men and aims.

Bayer
Communicating

This message was last edited by the player at 22:14, Fri 03 Sept 2010.

Jan Cerny
 player, 684 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 23:25
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Jan took the opportunity presented by the pause in the incoming fire to put both shoulder straps of Alexei's backpack on, ensuring that it was worn correctly.  He was still encumbered but could move more easily now.

He then focused on the men dismounting from the PTSM amphibious tractor, picked a target who wasn't hidden in too much cover, aimed at him using the 1.5x optical sight mounted on the Steyr and then fired a pair of single shots at his target.

"Konrad," he muttered to his commander beside him.  "Is it time to withdraw before we loose anyone else?"


Jan
Firing an aimed single shot and then a non aimed single shot at a soldier dismounting from the PTSM amphibious tractor.
F88 Steyr AUG (18/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - held
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HEDP - 8x HE, 4x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - holster

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1269 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 23:43
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Jan Cerny:
"Konrad," he muttered to his commander beside him.  "Is it time to withdraw before we loose anyone else?"


"Almost..." Bayer replies over the top of his rifle sight. "Not quite yet though... just a couple more moments."
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1954 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 23:55
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

With Dawid pouring on the covering fire, Mariusz rises to his feet and sprints towards the run-down giraffe building. Time slows down. Any second- each one feeling more like a minute- could bring a killing or maiming bullet, yet there is hardly any incoming fire. He makes it to the relative safety of the giraffe building unscathed and out of breath. It is only then that he notices that he is alone.

Dawid is almost too preoccupied with firing his PKM to notice that Woj has not moved. (Dawid -20 rounds)

Craig takes aim at the distant PTSM and fires a 40mm HE grenade. It arcs over Tucker and Minh's position and disappears from sight near its target. Once again, however, the grenade fails to explode. Nonetheless, the PTSM begins crawling backwards, away from the battle zone. (Craig -1 HE grenade)

With the BTR no longer an immediate threat, Thor and Dieter take the lull in the firing in their sector to reposition themselves to better meet the new threat to the southeast.

Tucker waits for the a hero in the enemy's center group to rush to the aid of the wounded man whose screams continue to echo across the battlefield.

With the smoke starting to clear in front of their position, Konrad, Jan, and Warren see a few fleeting figures moving through the rubble on the far side of the street running along the park's eastern edge. The enemy is using cover and the contours of the ground to their advantage, not presenting much of a target. It looks like the PTSM has dismounted at least a couple fresh squads of enemy troops. A few of them appear to be heading up the street, moving cautiously towards the the burning BMP-2, while others are moving quickly in the other direction, away from the battle zone. They might be attempting to loop around to the southwest to extend the enemy's previous, stalled flanking attempt. As they wait for decent targets, Warren, Jan, and Konrad all hear a deep whoomp emanating from somewhere to the south. It is followed a couple of seconds later by an explosion very close to Tucker's position. It appears that the PTSM has also dropped off a mortar team. Jan squeezes off a couple of rounds to dampen the arriving enemy's enthusiasm but doubts that he hit anyone. (Jan -2 rounds)

The concussion hits the side of Tucker's face like a padded fist, knocking his head backwards and stunning him for a couple of seconds. When the cobwebs clear, he finds himself laying on his back. He reflexively checks himself for wounds and encounters none, although he does find a piece of shrapnel lodged near the crown of his K-pot helmet. Minh is startled by the explosion and a bit shaken by the concussion of the blast, but is less affected than Tucker by the near miss.

The three or four survivors of the enemy's southern flanking group are shouting to their newly arrived comrades who then shout back to the mortar team which, at the moment, is out of sight. It's a primitive system, but the next mortar bomb falls closer to the Konrad, Jan, and Warren. Fortunately, it still falls long eough that no one is injured. It looks like the enemy are trying to walk the mortar bombs back on to the party's southernmost section. A couple of the nearby enemy stick their AKs out from behind cover and squeeze off long burst of "spray and pray" fire.


Next Moves?


Updated Tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...92,0.016469&z=17

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:07, Sat 04 Sept 2010.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1270 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Sat 4 Sep 2010
at 00:08
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Fuck. "Cancel my last Jan." Bayer says dryly. "Tucker?" he shouts over his shoulder.

Foregoing his shot, Bayer dips back down below his cover and gets on the radio again. "Dawid? Sunray. Consolidate your team into a solid covering position and hold firm. Jan's Team and HQ will be withdrawing past your position, leapfrogging... asap. Over."

While he waits for an acknowledgment, Bayer says to Jan and Warren, "We're leaving fellas. But do us a favor first and take out some of those bastards while Dawid readies his team."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:09, Sat 04 Sept 2010.

Minh Quyen
 player, 522 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Sat 4 Sep 2010
at 01:24
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Quyen unburied her face following the impact and immediately looks over to where Tucker was. "Điều đó không cảm thấy tốt." she mutters as she sticks a finger in her paining ear. Noticing Tucker is shook up (at the least), Quyen crawls over to his position.

Batting Tucker's hand away impatiently, she inspects him herself, "Fuck. Lemme do it." she says. "You are ok? Right Sergeant?" Then realizing he wasn't in bad shape, she slouches back against the zoo's cover and says half angrily and half jokingly, "You look like shit but aren't too fucked up I guess. Try harder to stay out of the way of the bullets and bombs Sergeant... I won't tell you again."

Hearing the Hauptmann's call, she yells back, "Shaken but alive."

"Come on, we're not finished here. More guys to kill." she says, holding out her hand.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:34, Sat 04 Sept 2010.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 207 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sat 4 Sep 2010
at 04:39
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

“Shit this is a bad batch.”

Craig says to himself as he ejects the spent case. He then inserts his last HE grenade and lines up the tractor for a second grenade shot. He takes his time hoping to get the grenade on target. He will then fire short bursts at the drivers side cab windows and GPMG position.

Dawids Team
Firing on the tractor

AK-74/BG-15 (19/30) + 2x30(1/1 HE)+ 0 40mm HE Grenades - held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 0 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) + 5x45 - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade
Jan Cerny
 player, 685 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Sat 4 Sep 2010
at 06:03
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"If either of you've got a smoke left then now's the time to use it!" Jan commented to Konrad and Jeff.  He then flicked the selector switch on his rifle to burst and started to fire a series of three round bursts at the remains of the closest enemy infantry squad to the south who were trying to direct the mortar fire onto their position.

With a bit of luck he would hit one or more of them but his real aim was to suppress them and to prevent them from passing on instructions to the mortar crew.  Jan had been trying to save ammo but now seemed to be the time to open up!

"Konrad," he continued to his commander between bursts.  "We'll cover you while you move to Tuck and Quyen's position and organise covering fire for us!  Then when we move we'll head west first a little and then north so we don't cross your field of fire."


Jan
Firing several 3 round bursts at the closest infantry squad to the south in order to prevent them from directing the mortar fire.
F88 Steyr AUG (16/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - held
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HEDP - 8x HE, 4x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - holster

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 208 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Sat 4 Sep 2010
at 15:41
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Calmly, and almost as if he was bored with the whole situation, Thor settled Mjollnir again, lined up the PTS-M through Járngreipr, settled his breathing and squeezed.
Mjollnir ROARED! A slug half an inch across sped over the intervening distance.
Mjollnir ROARED a second time.
Mjollnir ROARED a third time.
And a fourth, then a fifth.

Thor "The Thunderer"
Take up firing position in cover
Aim, then fire at unarmoured PTS-M amphibious carrier x5 rounds
Barret M82A1 ("Mjollnir") (4/10) + 4x10 + 1x6
PM-63 (25/25) + 1x25
H & K USP-9SD, 9mm (15/15) + 3x15
M-26A1 hand grenade, x4
Bayonet/knife
Individual Tactical Radio

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2051 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sat 4 Sep 2010
at 22:30
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Sunray, okay, I will do so. Three minutes."

He turned to Woj. "Fucking come on... we have to move into position."

"Mariusz, fire at those dismounts! Cover us!"


Grabbing the PKM by the carry handle, he took hold of Woj's arm to cajole him along in front of him. "Don't make me kick your ass my friend!"


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (30/100 + 75)
NW Corner of the monkey house.
Moving N to the Giraffe house, moving Woj along in front where he can see him.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 928 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Sun 5 Sep 2010
at 03:36
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Minh Quyen:
Quyen unburied her face following the impact and immediately looks over to where Tucker was. "Điều đó không cảm thấy tốt." she mutters as she sticks a finger in her paining ear. Noticing Tucker is shook up (at the least), Quyen crawls over to his position.

Batting Tucker's hand away impatiently, she inspects him herself, "Fuck. Lemme do it." she says. "You are ok? Right Sergeant?" Then realizing he wasn't in bad shape, she slouches back against the zoo's cover and says half angrily and half jokingly, "You look like shit but aren't too fucked up I guess. Try harder to stay out of the way of the bullets and bombs Sergeant... I won't tell you again."

Hearing the Hauptmann's call, she yells back, "Shaken but alive."

"Come on, we're not finished here. More guys to kill." she says, holding out her hand.

Tucker hits hard when the concussion knocks him down back from where he was positioned.  He hears something, more like someone.  A female someone yelling at him like he remembered as a kid but, the female voice wasn't calling him 'Robert' like his mother did, the female was calling him 'Sergeant'.  He finally opened his eyes and saw that it was Minh talking to him and slapping his hand away from his head.  He gives her a sideways smirk and says to Minh, "Yes Mother!  Who was that calling for me Dad?  Are we leaving yet?"

He starts to get up off of the ground then decides to crawl back over to where he was posted and then tells Minh again, "You can tell me what to do anytime darlin'!  Just point me in the right direction Minh and I should be OK."

TUCKER
M-16A2 [30/30] / M-203 [HE] - {SINGLE-SHOT}
H&K SOCOM Pistol [10/12] (Holstered)
Slung Romanian AK-74
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]
[1] Mag 5.56N [12/30] (BDU Pocket)

Salvaged Gear:
Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[19] AK-74 Mags

Center of teams line with Minh, searching for targets

This message was last edited by the player at 03:38, Sun 05 Sept 2010.

Minh Quyen
 player, 523 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Sun 5 Sep 2010
at 03:57
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"We still got guys out to our front." Quyen says to Tucker. "Let's try to pop of few of them before we get the order to pull back."

Although the survivors in the center we're keeping out of the fight, she'll look in their direction. If anyone is spotted, Quyen will fire a double tap.

Quyen
Firing 2 shots at anyone visible in the center group
AK74 (18/30)
Tucker's position

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 795 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sun 5 Sep 2010
at 08:47
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Mariusz lay as flat as he could in the wreckage of the Giraffe House. He aimed the rifle with the grenade launcher underneath and waited to see some movement from the enemy to his front.

He calmed his breathing and held fire until he was sure of a good shot and then he exhaled, held his breath and waited for his sights to settle on his target. As soon as it did he gently rolled the trigger of the grenade launcher hoping to send explosive death toward the enemy.

Mariusz
AK-74/BG-1 (?/30 ?/1)
Aiming at the enemy
Firing grenade launcher at a viable target

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 929 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Sun 5 Sep 2010
at 13:41
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Minh Quyen:
"We still got guys out to our front." Quyen says to Tucker. "Let's try to pop of few of them before we get the order to pull back."

Although the survivors in the center we're keeping out of the fight, she'll look in their direction. If anyone is spotted, Quyen will fire a double tap.

Quyen
Firing 2 shots at anyone visible in the center group
AK74 (18/30)
Tucker's position

Tucker makes it back to his firing position, pissed off!  "Roger that!  I didn't wanna have to do this but, maybe it'll get their attention and draw some out of cover for  some clean shots.  Keep an eye out out there!"  Tucker goes back and sights in the wounded man on the ground and begins to engage him with single shot fire to see if it will now draw some heroes out to see if that will provide some targets for him and Minh.
Dieter Brandt
 player, 208 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Mon 6 Sep 2010
at 11:58
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Dieter had been too quiet, pinned down by enemy fire. Now that the immediate threat had lessened he adjusted his position and looked to the southeast, where a new threat seemed to be coming from. He took aim with his PSG and opened up, looking to take down as many targets as he could.

Anyone close enough to see his face would see a man lost within his own soul. The realisation that a new friend had died before he had gotten to fully know him was an all too painful experience. With every bullet he fired another small piece of him died. The young man who loved nothing more that lifes simple pleasures was gradually dying, to be replaced by this new creature, born out of this pointless fucking war, that had to do what was needed to survive. The survivors of this war would not be human, but would have evolved into a simple race of monsters whose only desire is to kill.

He refocussed, and carried on with the pointless, endless killing.

Dieter Brandt
In cover, firing on the threat from the southeast.
PSG-1 - 18/20

This message was last edited by the player at 12:01, Mon 06 Sept 2010.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 105 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Tue 7 Sep 2010
at 02:23
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Jeff had been aiming towards the enemy riflemen, and kept his sight picture even as the mortar rounds started to land nearby.  Although he had a smoke grenade clipped to his vest, he chose instead to continue engaging the enemy.  After his first aimed shot, he rattled off as many more single shots as he could.  Any exposed hostile was of equal value at this stage, although a shot at the mortar crew would bring upon the full fury of the years of Special Forces and Covert Ops training he had had.

When Konrad gives him and Jan orders to hold until the support elements could be brought to bear, Jeff tells him "Tell them sooner would be better than later."

Jeff Warren
Engaging Exposed Targets, 1 aimed + several quick single shots
AK-103 w/POSP4x24 [30/30]

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1957 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Wed 8 Sep 2010
at 01:57
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

With very little experience behind a grenade launcher, Mariusz braces himself, crosses his fingers for luck, and pulls the trigger of the borrowed BG-15. There's a click, but nothing happens. He's left lying on the cold concrete rubble, wondering what went wrong. At least the enemy troops don't seem to have spotted him.

Dawid grabs Woj and tugs him towards the giraffe house. Without incoming covering fire to distract them, the surviving enemy quickly turn their attention to the running pair and open fire. Dawid's head snaps back as a bullet hits square in the front of his British-made Kevlar hemlet. He stumbles and falls hard just 10m from the cover he's just left, bullets continuing to hit the thawing ground around him. Woj is slightly luckier. Although bullets are whip-cracking all around him, he remains unhit. He grabs Dawid by his LBE harness and drags him back to their previous position. Dawid is conscious but slightly dazed. The bullet that hit his helmet failed to penetrate the balistic material but the impact gave him a nasty knock nevertheless. It'll take him a few seconds to recover his faculties.

Craig and Thor turn their attention to the slowly withdrawing PTSM. Craig's last 40mm HE grenade explodes about 10m in front of it (it's backing away) but fails to stop it. Thor sends several.50 slugs towards the amphibious tractor, connecting with the last round. The heavy bullet punches into the PTSM's thinly armored hull but also fails to stop it from continuing to pull back. (Thor -5 rounds; Craig -1 40mm HE)

Tucker and Minh both wait for an opportunity to fire at another member of the enemy's already savaged center group. That moment presents itself as the second mortar round explodes close to the trio on the southern end of the group's line. An enemy soldier, drawn by the screams of his wounded comrade, breaks cover and sprints towards him. Minh and Tucker are waiting and they fill the brave soul's body full of lit. He jerks and stumbles from multiple hits before falling hard into the snow where he lies slowly writhing. (Minh -2 rounds; Tucker -3 rounds)

As Warren and Jan shoot up a pair of trees trees each sheltering an enemy rifleman, a third mortar bomb lands several meters behind them. The concussion of the ensuing explosion is enough to lift Warren, Jan, and Konrad an inch or two off the ground. They land hard, somewhat shaken. Jan feels a sting in his left calf and realizes that he must have taken a fragment. Freezing slush and clods of earth rain down all around them. The enemy mortar section appears to have found the range. Once the infantry reinforcements come up, the enemy will be in a good position to roll up the party's right flank. (Jan - 6 rounds; Warren -4 shots)

Dieter picks out one of the enemy dismounts moving north on the far side of the road that runs along the eastern edge of the park. Taking a deep breath and releasing half of it, he coolly and deliberately pulls the trigger. His target continues moving, unaware, it seems, that he is in someone's crosshairs. Dieter calmly lines up another shot and pulls the trigger a second time. The target doubles over and slumps to the pavement. (Dieter -2 shots)


Next Moves?


Updated Tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...7&mid=1284075315

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:38, Thu 09 Sept 2010.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 209 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Wed 8 Sep 2010
at 09:57
Re: The Zoo (Continued)


As the bullets begin to whip around his position Craig realises the most pressing battle of many was to the front. He rolls back to his firing position behind the brick wall and hunkers down. He then begins firing short bursts at the muzzle flashes to the front.

Catching the sight of the figure of Woj dragging Dawid into cover, Craig begins to concentrate fire on the enemy firing on their position.



Dawids Team
Firing on the enemy to the front

AK-74/BG-15 (19/30) + 2x30 (0/0 HE) - held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 0 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) + 5x45 - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade

This message was last edited by the player at 02:15, Sat 11 Sept 2010.

Jan Cerny
 player, 691 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Wed 8 Sep 2010
at 21:36
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Jan reflexly felt for the sting on his left leg and was relieved to discover that it was just a scratch from a grenade fragment.  He tested the leg quickly and found that the wound really wasn't serious and wouldn't impede his movement, which was good news as it was definitely time to relocate.

He saw that Konrad had been driven back to their position by the most recent mortar explosion and that he hadn't managed to rejoin Tuck and Minh yet.  It was time that someone started moving however as the smoke grenade wouldn't provide significant concealment for very much longer and Jan decided that decisive action was needed.

"I'm moving to the rear of that building," he called to Konrad and Jeff, indicating the building Tuck and Minh were dug in at the front of.  "I'll cover you from there!"

With that he ran as quickly as he could, unfortunately encumbered by the backpack he'd picked up from Alexei, for the cover he had pointed out to the others.  He was looking for a solid wall to duck behind and use for cover when he attempted to provide suppressive fire while the others made a break for it.


Jan
Relocating to the rear of the building Tuck and Minh are at the front of, as indicated by the red arrow on the map below.
F88 Steyr AUG (10/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - held
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HEDP - 8x HE, 4x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - holster



Konrad Bayer
 player, 1271 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Wed 8 Sep 2010
at 21:57
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Dawid hadn't radioed back he was ready yet... something had to be wrong.

"Warren go!" Bayer yells from cover. "Tucker Quyen! Fall back now!" Bayer then pops up and fires two rounds at the enemy about a hundred meters away to the southeast.

Bayer
Firing 2 shots at nearest enemy
G36/HK69 (30/30) (1 HEDP)

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 930 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Thu 9 Sep 2010
at 01:37
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Cap'n Rae:
Tucker and Minh both wait for an opportunity to fire at another member of the enemy's already savaged center group. That moment presents itself as the second mortar round explodes close to the trio on the southern end of the group's line. An enemy soldier, drawn by the screams of his wounded comrade, breaks cover and sprints towards him. Minh and Tucker are waiting and they fill the brave soul's body full of lit. He jerks and stumbles from multiple hits before falling hard into the snow where he lies slowly writhing. (Minh -2 rounds; Tucker -3 rounds)
Next Moves?

Robert quickly turns to Minh, "Nice shootin' lady!  I knew they couldn't resist.  Most decent people couldn't!"

Konrad Bayer:
Dawid hadn't radioed back he was ready yet... something had to be wrong.

"Warren go!" Bayer yells from cover. "Tucker Quyen! Fall back now!" Bayer then pops up and fires two rounds at the enemy about a hundred meters away to the southeast.

He looks back at his partner and tells her and indicating with his hand and thumb, "Go Minh!  I'll be right behind you!"  Tucker will fire another quick three [3] rounds at their previous targets and will then get out of their firing position and ten move somewhere else.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [27/30] / M-203 [HE] - {SINGLE-SHOT}
H&K SOCOM Pistol [10/12] (Holstered)
Slung Romanian AK-74
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]
[1] Mag 5.56N [12/30] (BDU Pocket)

Salvaged Gear:
Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[19] AK-74 Mags

Center of teams line with Minh, letting her leave position first then firing another three shots to cover her/their move out of there.  He will follow Minh out to the building she chooses to go to after firing.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:06, Fri 10 Sept 2010.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 106 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Thu 9 Sep 2010
at 02:51
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Warren figured they had the situation in hand, but the addition of the mortar....complicated things.  As such, he didn't mind repositioning in order to keep raising havoc, but not end up at the bottom of a crater.  He displaces along with the others, paying close attention to the sound of the mortar firing.  He hopes to get out of the blast zone before fire for effect is called in.  While he runs, he listens for the Crump of the mortar launching.  As soon as he hears it, he will dive behind the closest cover possible, repeating this until he is obliterated, or makes it to the cover the rest of the team is seeking.


Jeff Warren
Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!
AK-103w/POSP4x24 [26/30]

This message was last edited by the player at 05:10, Fri 10 Sept 2010.

Minh Quyen
 player, 524 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Thu 9 Sep 2010
at 05:20
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker:
"Go Minh!  I'll be right behind you!"


Quyen rises up into a low crouch and sprints west, zig zagging a little. Over her shoulder she shouts, "Come on!"

Once on the sheltered side of the building, she'll wait for Tucker before moving west again. "Over there by the next building... we can wait for Konrad and the others and be out of sight of the mortar."

Quyen
AK74 (16/30)
Withdrawing West

Dieter Brandt
 player, 210 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Thu 9 Sep 2010
at 11:34
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Dieter concentrated on the targets to the north of his position. He continued sniping at any movement there, intending to neutralise the unit that was threatening to flank them.

Between shots he called out, "Mariusz, we need to stop them flanking us! See if you can move north and get a good angle on them, then take them out. They mustn't get around us or we're dead!"

Dieter also strained his ears to listen out for incoming mortars. The last rounds hadn't landed near him, but he wanted to be prepared for them. He shifted his body to bury himself as deep in the dirt as he could. A direct hit would be fatal, but hopefully he could avoid flying debris by staying low.

Dieter Brandt
Sniping targets to the north and issuing orders for Mariusz
PSG-1 - 16/20 rounds
AK-74 - 30/30 slung over shoulder
1x Frag 2x Smoke

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2055 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Thu 9 Sep 2010
at 11:54
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Woj, Mariusz seems to be having difficulty in providing covering fire. It's foolish to go out there now, let's do a bit of covering fire of our own."

"You must fire as well! Come on!"


Propping the PKM on some rubble, he sprayed the offending troops with more suppressive fire.


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (30/100 + 75)
Monkey House
Suppressive Fire

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 215 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Fri 10 Sep 2010
at 04:36
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"FORTY MILL COUNTER FIRE!" Thor yelled out and into his tac radio, almost deafening anyone with a receiver too close to their ear.
Even though he was at the far end of the line, he could tell the mortar shells were wreaking havok. The tube needed to be dealt with immediately by those with the weapons able to do so.
Thor himself was relatively impotent since he didn't have an indirect capable weapon. Given line of sight, he'd have been able to bore a nice neat half inch hole right through the mortar barrel and any of it's crew crazy enough to get in the way.

With little chance of inflicting significant damage on the enemy vehicles, and unable to fire upon the mortar team, Thor sught solice in shooting at targets of opportunity, aiming to take off arms, legs, heads with accurate fifty calibre fire.

Thor "The Thunderer"
Aim, then fire at targets of opportunity (aka people stupid enough to expose themselves)
Barret M82A1 ("Mjollnir") (4/10) + 4x10 + 1x6
PM-63 (25/25) + 1x25
H & K USP-9SD, 9mm (15/15) + 3x15
M-26A1 hand grenade, x4
Bayonet/knife
Individual Tactical Radio

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 797 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Fri 10 Sep 2010
at 11:08
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Mariusz suppressed a curse, Woj seemed to be more of a liability than a help, not firing than giving him a dodgy gun. He looked down the barrel of the grenade launcher to see if there was a round hanging fire in it and then checked the magazine was loaded before reseating it and chambering another round.

Once he was sure the gun would fire he settled it back at his shoulder and aimed toward the last position where he had seen the enemy. The last people to move in his area had been blasted and he had no intention of moving or firing until he had a decent shot.

Mariusz
AK-74/BG-1 (29/30) (0/1)
Aiming at the group of enemy to the north

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1960 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 11 Sep 2010
at 19:19
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

Mariusz looks down the barrel of the BG-15 and sees the shiny conical nose of a 40mm grenade. It's either a dud round or it isn't seated properly. The AK seems to working fine, though.

The four or so enemy on the group's left flank (to the north) seem heartened by their apparent success in stopping Dawid and Woj's move towards the Giraffe house. The are now exposing a little more of themselves in order to aim and fire at the corner where their targets just disappeared. One of them is gesturing and yelling at the building behind which the BTR-80 retired a couple of minutes earlier. This means that Mariusz, still unseen by the enemy, has plenty of nice targets for his rifle.

Woj sprays a few rounds around the corner as Dawid, seemingly unaware of the fact that he'd just cheated death (the pounding in his head should indicate that something's not quite right), sets up his PKM again. Enemy rounds are chipping peices off the corner of the building, spraying stinging bits of conrete at Dawid and Woj. Woj quickly backs away from the corner, trying to drag Dawid back with him. (Woj -5 rounds) Dawid fires off a quick burst as bullets strike all around him. (Dawid - 5 rounds) Woj's attempts to drag Dawid back behind cover impede his ability to continue firing accurately.

"Come on Pio, you've just been shot!"

Just to the south, Dieter is a bit overwhelmed. He's having a hard time knowing which group of enemy troops to focus his attention on. The center group of enemy has nearly been wiped out and are offering little resistance. Enemy reinforcements are cautiously moving towards the central group, though, using the BMP, now belching a steady stream of thick black smoke from its turret, as cover and concealment. Dieter's already killed one of them and they are approaching slowly and methodically now. To the north, four or five enemy soldiers are firing at the northwest corner of the hippo house. Mariusz is too far away to hear Dieter's yell over the prolific gunfire. And then there's the mortar- situated somewhere to the south it seems- which has just found the range on the left flank (to the south) group.

Craig assesses the situation and decides to focus on the reinvigorated enemy to the north. He situates himself behind cover and fires a burst at an enemy shooter. His shots strike the enemy's cover. His target disappears behind said cover, momentarily. (Craig -5 rounds)

Thor focusses on the enemy reinforcement coming up from the south on the far side of the street. It's hard to pick out a good target since the enemy are playing it very cautiously and the smoke of the burning BMP is starting to drift across Thor's line of sight. He spots a target and takes the shot. It's not an easy one but he still manages to score a hit. The man's left arm falls away from his body as it is violently torn off by the supersonic .50 caliber slug. Almost as one, the rest of the enemy coming up across the street stops and goes to ground in the rubble of the shattered apartment blocks directly opposite the park. (Thor -1 round)

Tucker and Minh begin displacing, moving back and to their left to get behind the cover of the ape house. A few rounds try to follow but neither are hit. They make it to cover safely. More fire is coming in from the south, though. Jan and Warren arrive nearby a couple of seconds apart. They hear the explosion of another mortar bomb. Things are unravelling fast.

At the southern end of the group's ragged line, Jan, aware that the next mortar bomb will likely land directly on top of him, rises quickly and runs towards the nearest building. Rounds crack and buzz all around. He feels a hammer blow on his left arm. His vision goes red for a second and clumsily dives behind a big hunk of conrete a few meters from the south wall of the building. He know's right away that the wound is serious. The pain is intense and he's having a hard time moving his arm.

At Konrad's prompting, Warren scrambles up and sprints towards the building. He sees Jan stumble and more or less fall behind cover. Jeff makes the corner of the building unscathed and turns to see his ersatz platoon leader lying on his back on the ground. Minh and Tuck are there as well.

Before Warren gets to his feet to start his run, four or five nearest enemy have devoted their attention to Konrad. The brave German pops from behind his cover and fires a double tap at the enemy soldier straight in front of him. At the same time, several rounds are already on their towards Konrad. He's rocked backwards by a savage kick to the gut before he can see if his quick shots have hit home. He falls hard on his back, gasping for breath. He has the presence of mind to reach up under his kevlar body armor and feel for a wound. His hand comes away dirty and sweaty but showing no traces of blood. If he could breath properly at the moment, he'd heave a sigh of relief. (Konrad -2 rounds)

Almost unnoticed during the last few seconds, a fourth mortar bomb explodes about two dozen meters to the northeast of Konrad's current position. The blast and shrapnel produced by this hit does more damage to the destroyed BMP than it does to its intended targets.

The enemy to the south are shouting now, calling for the reinforcements moving up through the park from the south to come up and help assault through the broken right flank of their wounded prey. There is now a real danger of the enemy rolling up the party's southernmost positions.


Next Moves?


Updated Tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...7&mid=1284233050

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:25, Sat 11 Sept 2010.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 798 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sat 11 Sep 2010
at 19:54
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Mariusz wasn't sure what was going on all around him but he did know that it sounded bad. He focused on the job at hand and aimed carefully at the soldier to the north that was gesticulating wildly.

He hoped that the articulate man was the leader of the section, whoever he was he was now just a target. He braced the gun as solidly as he could and settled the sights on the centre of the man's body mass. He began to breathe out and then held his breath his exhalation and waited for the sights to momentarily settle on the target. He rolled the trigger gently and sent a single round down range.

Mariusz
AK-74/BG-1 (28/30) (?/1)
Firing at the man to the north giving 'orders'

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1272 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Sat 11 Sep 2010
at 20:28
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Still lying on his back, Bayer unclips his radio handset and brings it up to his face. "Sunray." he says before pausing to breathe. "Right flank is withdrawing. Jan, keep your team moving northwest until you are in line with Dawid facing southeast. Everyone else on the left, hold firm and cover."

"...and stop using smoke on our position."

Bayer then rolls over, and begins to move on his hands and knees, providing its low enough to remain protected, towards the south side of the ape house.
Jan Cerny
 player, 695 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Sat 11 Sep 2010
at 22:48
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
The pain in his left arm was intense!  He'd been wounded before, most badly while serving in Rwanda, but you never got used to the pain!  It was bad enough that he totally missed Konrad's orders across the radio as he was focused on his own wound and the pain he was in!  He hadn't gone into shock however and so he had been lucky to some degree!

Pulling himself together however he called across to Tuck, who he had spotted nearby.  "Tuck, I'm hit but ok.  Cover Konrad."  Jan assumed that Jeff would already be providing some covering fire for the Captain but with Tuck and Minh joining in as well it should certainly be substantial.  Jan had no idea however that Konrad had already been hit and had been lucky that his body armour had stopped the round!

Jan then returned to his own predicament.  Picking up his rifle with his right hand from where he had dropped it, he moved a couple of paces further into the cover of the remains of the building he was hiding behind in an attempt to ensure that he was out of the way of any stray rounds.  He then knelt down on the ground, propped his rifle beside himself, and started to examine the wound to his left arm, ripping open the sleeve of his jacket and sweatshirt and attempting to apply a field dressing one handed.  Luckily he was right handed!


Jan
Moving a little further out of the line of fire and then attempting to apply first aid to his own wound one handed!
F88 Steyr AUG (10/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - held
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HEDP - 8x HE, 4x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - holster

OOC - If possible Jan will treat the wound using the Medic Bag that he is carrying rather than his personal med kit.

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 217 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Sun 12 Sep 2010
at 11:19
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Drittsćkk!!!"
Thor swore.
"SOMEBODY Shoot mortar med 40 mill!!!"
Those who weren't in immediate earshot could hear his extremely pissed off voice over their radios.

It was exceptionally frustrating for the God of Thunder that we was unable to act himself to neutralise the immediate and deadly threat. It was getting to the point he was seriously considering slapping a fresh mag into Mjollnir and charging the tube alone!

But it wasn't quite that bad yet...

Instead he remained in prone in cover, observing and picking off targets as they presented themselves.

Thor "The Thunderer"
Aim, then fire at targets of opportunity
Screaming out and into his radio to return fire at the mortar with grenade launchers
Barret M82A1 ("Mjollnir") (3/10) + 4x10 + 1x6
PM-63 (25/25) + 1x25
H & K USP-9SD, 9mm (15/15) + 3x15
M-26A1 hand grenade, x4
Bayonet/knife
Individual Tactical Radio

Minh Quyen
 player, 525 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Sun 12 Sep 2010
at 17:19
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Konrad had ordered them to withdraw, but the leader couldn't be left behind. Warren was a bigger person and could help Jan better than she could, "I'm with Tucker to get the Captain. You two keep going before you bleed all over the place."

Quyen will then move into a covered fire position next to Tucker and aim towards the four enemy to the south. Selecting one of the men, she'll fire an aimed shot followed quickly by a second.

Quyen
AK74 (16/30)
Crouched next to Tucker
Firing 1 Aimed/1 Quick

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 107 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Sun 12 Sep 2010
at 17:35
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
When Minh addresses him and then moves off to the Captain, Jeff simply says "Good Luck." although quietly, in an almost sarcastic tone.

He takes up position inside the rubble and begins to fire away at the enemy.  While doing so, he says to Jan without looking "Get that bandage on and then we're moving.  I'll carry you if I need to."

The situation he found himself in wasn't unlike the one he had been in a few days ago with the cavalry unit when he had been first ambushed.  They had killed 60 of them then, another 20 now was nothing.


Jeff Warren
Firing at southern group(s) from ape house rubble
AK-103w/POSP4x24 [26/30]

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 932 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Sun 12 Sep 2010
at 22:01
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Minh Quyen:
Konrad had ordered them to withdraw, but the leader couldn't be left behind. Warren was a bigger person and could help Jan better than she could, "I'm with Tucker to get the Captain. You two keep going before you bleed all over the place."

Quyen will then move into a covered fire position next to Tucker and aim towards the four enemy to the south. Selecting one of the men, she'll fire an aimed shot followed quickly by a second.

Tucker hears the move and cover orders coming in from Konrad and Jan and then sees Minh fall in next to him.  Without too much thought and seeing what's going on with Konrad's situation, Tucker shoulders his M-16A2/M-203 combo and yells out to everyone around, "ROUND OUT!"

Tucker fires a HE round from his grenade launcher at the concentration of four troops that are pinning Konrad down with fire.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [27/30] / M-203 [HE] - {SINGLE-SHOT}
H&K SOCOM Pistol [10/12] (Holstered)
Slung Romanian AK-74
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]
[1] Mag 5.56N [12/30] (BDU Pocket)

Salvaged Gear:
Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[19] AK-74 Mags
Firing a HE round at the concentration of [4] troops that are pinning Konrad down with fire

Craig Sutherland
 player, 210 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Mon 13 Sep 2010
at 00:47
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

Craig waits for his intended target to show himself again. He then fires a three round burst at him or anyone else who shows themselves.

Then keeping low and trying to find as much cover as possible Craig will begin to move towards the corner of the hippo house in a low crawl and then on to Dawids position. Dropping if fired upon or if he hears an incoming mortar round.


Dawids Team
Firing on the enemy to the front

AK-74/BG-15 (14/30) + 2x30 (0/0 HE) - held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 0 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) + 5x45 - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade

This message was last edited by the player at 00:48, Mon 13 Sept 2010.

Dieter Brandt
 player, 212 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Mon 13 Sep 2010
at 11:18
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Dieter's call to Mariusz had gotten lost in the general cacophony of noise that the zoo had descended into. He heard part of Konrad's barked message over the radio, but couldn't get all of the detail. Something about those to the south falling back...

He refocussed his efforts on the squad to the north, whom he had spotted moments ago. He took aim with his PSG-1 and started to snipe at any target stupid enough to present a fleshy target.

Thankfully the mortar rounds weren't landing too close to him, for now. He quickly glanced over in the direction of where he thought the mortar rounds were coming from, seeing if he could spot signs of it's location.

Dieter Brandt
Sniping targets to the north and then quickly looking for signs of the mortar team
PSG-1 - 16/20 rounds
AK-74 - 30/30 slung over shoulder
1x Frag 2x Smoke

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1965 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Mon 13 Sep 2010
at 23:52
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

Mariusz takes aim at the man he believes to be an enemy officer and fires. The bullets strikes near the man but fails to hit him. A second shot also misses. The man notices the incoming fire, however, and he stops his gesticulating. (Mariusz -2 rounds)

Opening fire has drawn some attention. Fortunately for Mariusz, Craig and Dieter have better skill (or luck, depending on how you look at it) at marksmanship. One of the bullets in Craig's latest burst strikes an enemy shooter in the head, killing him instantly. Dieter also scores a headshot on a different target, scattering the man's grey matter on the snow around him. (Craig -5 rounds; Dieter -1)

There are now only two or three enemy effectives in the northern group.

Woj and Dawid (NPCed) have gone from attracting a hail-storm of enemy fire to drawing none whatsoever. They edge back towards the NW corner of the hippo house. Peeking around the corner, they see that not all is well.

The BTR reemerges from behind the roadside building to the NE. It's left front tire is shredded and still smouldering. It is obviously still operational. The turret starts turning towards the hippo house...

Thor, meanwhile, continues looking for targets among the enemy moving up through the rubble approaching the burning BMP. Having lost two of their number to sniper fire, the enemy are keeping low, using cover and the terrain to mask their revised, more deliberate, slow-paced approach. Thor does not acquire a suitable target [this round].

To the south, around the primate house, Warren, Tucker, and Minh provide the crawling Konrad with cover fire. A flurry of outgoing bullets and Tucker's 40mm HE grenade hinders the enemy enough to lessen the volume and accuracy of their fire, but fails to produce any obvious casualties. Konrad, still in considerable discomfort, manages to reach the primate house unscathed. Besides the ache in his abdominal muscles, only his pride is wounded. (Warren -5 rounds, Minh -2 rounds, Tucker -1 40mm HE)

Jan, meanwhile, examines his wounded arm. It's a relatively clean through-and-through. Fortunately, there appears to be no damage to the bone, but the bullet (likely 5.45mm ball) has passed through and damaged both his tricep and bicep, making it hard to do much of anything with the arm. Luckily, the bullet does not appear to have tumbled too much as both the entrance and exit wounds are about the same, relatively neat shape and size. He tears open a med-kit with his teeth and tightly bandages the wound with his good hand.

The enemy reinforcements can now be seen advancing towards their comrades immediately to the south of the primate house. Their friend's over-enthusiasm has worked to your advantage, bringing them directly towards you instead of allowing them to continue to hook around to the southwest to hit you from behind.

The mortar has gone quiet after its last, errant shot. It's not clear whether the crew is waiting for updated corrections, has run out of ammunition, is dispacing, or something else. All you know, is that you've been granted a temporary respite.


Next Moves?


Updated tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...7&mid=1284422048

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:57, Mon 13 Sept 2010.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2056 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Tue 14 Sep 2010
at 05:01
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Incoming fire! Get your head down!"

Shaking his head in denial Dawid checked himself over and didn't find any wound. He replied to Woj, "what? Shot? That's crazy talk! I was waiting for Mariusz to start covering fire for us, and when he didn't, I started firing until you dragged me back just now."

Something wasn't adding up there, but there was no time to decipher what was going on. Too much confusion, and the door seemed to be slammed shut with the appearance of the BTR.

"Eagle to Sunray... the men on the north flank fight as if possessed by the spirits of the Waffen SS. There is also a functional BTR pinning us down. Suggest strongly we withdraw west, then north."

Maybe the Baron's men would call it a night. One never knew, even these superhuman fanatics must have their breaking point. As he talked he attached the remains of one belt onto the other, then put the combined belt into a can and attached the can to the PKM. Slamming down the cover to the receiver, he pulled back the charging handle.


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (90/100)
Monkey House
Changing belts.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:36, Tue 14 Sept 2010.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 211 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Tue 14 Sep 2010
at 09:41
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

Craig had moved slightly on his course to the hippo house just as the APC edged forward.

“Shite”

As he ducked back down behind cover as he rolls the RPG on it's sling into a firing position and rises slightly above the brick rubble wall. Squinting as he acquires the target he lets out a slow breath. Once he is happy with the shot he fires the RPG and ducks back behind the cover. He felt bad using the last of the teams anti-armour weapons but the door need to be kicked open there was no other route.

"This time."

Craig mutters to himself as he hunkers down facing west, his rifle at his shoulder.

Dawids Team
Firing on the BTR-80

AK-74/BG-15 (09/30) + 2x30 (0/0 HE) - held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 0 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) + 5x45 - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 799 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Tue 14 Sep 2010
at 11:48
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Mariusz heard Dawid's yell and realised that all his shots had done was alert the leader that he was exposed. He was glad that others in his team were better shots.

He heard Dawid's yell and checked teh BTR which seemed to be aiming at the hippo house rather than at him. Still, no one ever got old on assumptions and he started to crawl backward whilst keeping his rifle toward the enemy. His eventual aim was to get behind the Giraffe house on it's short end where it faced the moat of the Lion enclosure and work his way to the corner to see if he had a shot.

That, of course aasumed he didn't get riddled with bullets in the mean time.

Mariusz
AK-74/BG-1 (27/30)
Crawling backwards to the end of the giraffe house

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1273 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Tue 14 Sep 2010
at 15:58
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
"Eagle to Sunray... the men on the north flank fight as if possessed by the spirits of the Waffen SS. There is also a functional BTR pinning us down. Suggest strongly we withdraw west, then north."


"Had a delay. Wait, over." Bayer gasps into the hanset.

Then leaning up against the sheltered side of the animal house, he waits a second until Jan is finished wrapping his arm and says, "Another bound. Keep moving back. The next structure."

He then speaks into the radio again, "Dawid, move your forward men back in line with you. We'll be lined up on your right in the next bound."

"Ok." he signals to Jan's team, "Go."
Jan Cerny
 player, 696 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Tue 14 Sep 2010
at 17:01
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Jeff D. Warren:
He takes up position inside the rubble and begins to fire away at the enemy.  While doing so, he says to Jan without looking "Get that bandage on and then we're moving.  I'll carry you if I need to."


"Coup au bras.  Je peux courir mais pas tirer," called Jan in reply to Jeff through clenched teeth.  It took him a few seconds to realise that he had answered in French rather than English.  He quickly answered in English this time.  "It's just my arm.  My legs are working but I can't fire my rifle."

Finishing tying off the bandage around his arm Jan then slung the sling of his Steyr over his shoulder and drew his pistol.  It was painful to chamber a round in his pistol but Jan forced himself to do it and to take the pain that shot up his left arm as he gripped the slide of his pistol with his left hand.

At Konrad's signal Jan then set out, going West initially, looking to pass behind the Hippo house and then heading towards the building to the south west of it.  With his wounded left arm and the backpack he was carrying Jan was probably going to be the slowest member of the team now so he led the way initially, looking to put some distance between himself and the enemy soldiers.

He tried to keep himself focused on the task at hand.  There weren't enough of them in the team for someone to have to support him while they evaded the enemy.  He would have to keep himself moving so the others could all fight!  He kept himself low as he moved as someone was firing somewhere in the vicinity of the Hippo house.


Jan
Finishing putting the bandage on left arm, drawing his pistol, chambering a round and then heading west - see the map below for route (the red arrows indicate Jan's intended route - I'm not sure how far he can get in one turn).
F88 Steyr AUG (10/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - slung on shoulder
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HEDP - 8x HE, 4x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - held




Note: According to a very helpful friend of mine "Coup au bras.  Je peux courir mais pas tirer," should mean "I've been hit in the arm.  I can run but I can't shoot!"
Dieter Brandt
 player, 214 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Wed 15 Sep 2010
at 11:27
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Doing his best to ignore the maelstrom of noise arond him, Dieter concentrated on the small squad of enemy soldiers to the north. By his estimate there were only 2 or 3 effectives there now, and he wanted to neutralise them quickly to provide an escape route for his colleagues. He looked back through the scope and selected new targets, aiming to take them out.

Dieter Brandt
Sniping targets to the north
PSG-1 - 15/20 rounds
AK-74 - 30/30 slung over shoulder
1x Frag 2x Smoke

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 224 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Wed 15 Sep 2010
at 15:17
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
The reappearance of the BTR was a slightly more pressing issue than dismantling infantrymen. Swinging the heavy barrel of Mjollnir around, Thor carefully aimed low on the armoured beast, resigned to the fact his hammer had little chance of penetrating it's scales. Instead he focused on immobilising it with shots to it's legs.

Thor "The Thunderer"
Targeting BTR suspension with an aimed shot
Barret M82A1 ("Mjollnir") (2/10) + 4x10 + 1x6
PM-63 (25/25) + 1x25
H & K USP-9SD, 9mm (15/15) + 3x15
M-26A1 hand grenade, x4
Bayonet/knife
Individual Tactical Radio

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 933 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Thu 16 Sep 2010
at 00:45
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Tucker leans back in to cover as Konrad makes his way back and switches his grip to engage targets with the M-16A2 now.  He keeps his setting on dingle-shot and goes for any targets while the others follow Bayer's order to move out.  Tuck is obviously providing cover so that the others to move.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [27/30] / M-203 [HE] - {SINGLE-SHOT}
H&K SOCOM Pistol [10/12] (Holstered)
Slung Romanian AK-74
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]
[1] Mag 5.56N [12/30] (BDU Pocket)

Salvaged Gear:
Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[19] AK-74 Mags

Engaging threats with single-shot fire while the others in the group displace

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2058 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Thu 16 Sep 2010
at 01:01
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Roger, Sunray!" replied Dawid on the radio.

He called out, "Thor, Dieter, pull back now to abreast of my position! BTR is targeting you!"

Dawid Piotrowski

PKM (95/100)
NW Corner of Hippo House
Telling orders, moving back behind corner of building.

OOC: it's hard to tell, but I think Dawid and Woj are out of the BTR's line of fire. If not, they move back.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:05, Thu 16 Sept 2010.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 109 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Thu 16 Sep 2010
at 01:17
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Seeing that Jan was dealing with himself, Jeff took it upon himself to move up.  As per Konrad's instructions, he moves to the ruins of the building to his direct West.  Under covering fire from the other, he sprints across, and attempts to get into position to return the favor.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:21, Thu 16 Sept 2010.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1967 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Thu 16 Sep 2010
at 02:04
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

The BTR has emerged from behind the roadside building to the northeast. Only the front third is visible. It's main gun opens fire on the northwest corner of the Hippo house, tearing great chunks out of the remnants of its battered wall. Fortunately, both Dawid and Woj are well back and neither are hit by the direct fire nor the concrete shrapnel that it produces. Craig feels that he simply can't wait to take the shot on the off chance that the BTR will advance any further. He takes steady aim and pulls the trigger on the RPG-16, sending his last HEAT rocket spiralling towards the Soviet-made APC. It strikes flush on the hull directly below the turret where it detonates in a brilliant orange fireball. When the greyish smoke of the explosion clears, you can cleary see flames and black smoke pouring out of the BTR's side hatch, which now hangs slightly ajar on its hinges. It's a certain kill. [Craig -1 RPG HEAT]

As Craig was firing the last of the RPG rockets, Thor was lining up his own shot at the APC. Attempting to hit its second forward wheel (the first was damaged by a 40mm HEDP round), he skips a bullet off the ground a couple of meters short of the target. It ricochets into the hull of the BTR just a second or two before the rocket strikes, effectively destroying it. If he didn't know better, Thor might have thought that it was his bolt had just killed the angry dragon. [Thor -1 round]

Moments before Craig accounts for the last of the enemy's armor (at least that present at the battle), Dieter tops another enemy rifleman in the northern group with his second head shot in as many attempts. The man's lifeless- and mostly headless- body lies slumped behind a tree stump. Only one enemy from the northern flanking group remain unscathed and he lies curled up behind his narrow cover, offering no resistance at the moment and probably hoping none of his antogonists will notice him. [Dieter -1 round]

To the south, the Konrad attempts to coordinate his team's orderly withdrawal from the Primate House. As Tucker and Minh [NPCed] fire cover, Warren sprints towards the buildings to the west, followed by Jan. Unaimed fire is hastily directed thier way but they both make it to cover unscathed. Every step sends a wave of pain up Jan's arm. He can only imagine with some dread the pain that he'll feel when his adrenaline levels start to drop. Tucker puts a bullet through the face of one of the nearer enemy rifleman, reducing the more accurate incoming fire. The enemy reinforcements will soon be close enough to seriously hinder any movement to the west, although the wall of the primate house would likely cover a withdrawal to the north, towards the hippo house. The enemy squad appears to be taking up positions in the remains of the zoo's aviary. [Tucker -2 rounds; Minh -5 rounds]

As if to emphasize the danger of the party's currect position in the shadow of the Primate House, a mortar bomb explodes inside a roofless section of the building. The crumbling walls, once rather sturdy, absorb most of the shrapnel thrown out by the blast but hunks of concrete debris still rain down on the party. Fortunately, none of the hunks are large enough to do any damage. It's a close call. The mortar has found the range.


Next Moves?


Updated tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...7&mid=1284600655

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:28, Thu 16 Sept 2010.

Dieter Brandt
 player, 216 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Thu 16 Sep 2010
at 07:40
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
As the bullet from his PSG-1 past effortlessly through the poor man's skull, ripping a hole in the back of his head and visciously pulling the brain matter with it as it carried on it's journey, Dieter smiled to himself. It was not a happy smile, more a sense of satisfaction from a dirty job done well. From what he could see there was only one soldier left to the north, and he seemed to be unwilling to fight, more concerned about cowering under the cover he could find. Dieter thought about sending an extra slug his way, but what was the point. The man had probably already shit his pants and was no threat, for now.

At that moment a mortar round fell from the sky onto the remnants of the primate house, showering Dieter with mud and debris. Fortunately nothing to do damage, but a bleak reminder that they were far from safe. The BTR was no longer a threat to the west of him so the threat on his flank was much reduced. He made a decision... time to move.

Scrambling off the floor he ran as fast as he could, heading northwest towards the giraffe house. His intention was to get there as quickly as possible and then find good cover. He would then look to the west and southwest to assess the threats there through his scope, looking for possible targets. He would then provide covering fire for the others.

Dieter Brandt
Moving quickly to NW to find cover in the giraffe house where he can provide cover fire to S and SW
PSG-1 - 14/20 rounds
AK-74 - 30/30 slung over shoulder
1x Frag 2x Smoke

Craig Sutherland
 player, 213 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Thu 16 Sep 2010
at 09:05
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

From behind the protection of the brick wall Craig heard the grenade strike home and the dull crack as the round punched through. Craig watched the APC as he moved over the wall with his rifle at his shoulder. His position had been compromised for several minutes it was time to move. He used his radio to alert the rest of the team:

”All call signs this is Lighting-4, be advised northern route is open, APC is neutralized.”

Craig moved as fast as he could with his injured leg. He kept his rifle at his shoulder sweeping left to right, ready to fire on any targets that presented themselves. He was moving towards the Giraffe house unsure if Mariusz was unhurt.


Dawids Team
Moving north

AK-74/BG-15 (09/30) + 2x30 (0/0 HE) - held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 0 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) + 5x45 - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1274 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Thu 16 Sep 2010
at 17:01
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Keep going." ushers Bayer, still reeling from the bullet impact. As he falls back, he toggles his radio, "Dawid. Keep them bounding back."

Rae, was the map updated to show the last turns movements?
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 800 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Thu 16 Sep 2010
at 17:35
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Once Mariusz had crawled back out of sight of the enemy, he stood up and turned around, running to the end of the Giraffe house before crouching again and checking the short end of the building was clear of the enemy.

Mariusz
AK-74 (27/30) (?/1)
Peeking around the western corner of the Giraffe house

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 934 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Thu 16 Sep 2010
at 22:22
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Cap'n Rae:
To the south, the Konrad attempts to coordinate his team's orderly withdrawal from the Primate House. As Tucker fires cover, Warren sprints towards the building to the west. Unaimed fire is hastily directed his way but he makes it unscathed. Tucker puts a bullet through the face of one of the nearer enemy rifleman, reducing the more accurate incoming fire. The enemy reinforcements will soon be close enough to seriously hinder any movement to the west, although the wall of the primate house would likely cover a withdrawal to the north, towards the hippo house. The enemy squad appears to be taking up positions in the remains of the zoo's aviary. [Tucker -2 rounds]

Next Moves?

Tucker opens the breach for his M-203 launcher and drops the expended HE round that he had fired and reaches into his grenadier's vest and pulls out another HE round and closes the breach foward.  Before he makes his next move back with the others, he plans on taking a final shot at the zoo's aviary where it looks like the remains of the troops are gathering.  "ROUND OUT!"

TUCKER
M-16A2 [25/30] / M-203 [HE] - {SINGLE-SHOT}
H&K SOCOM Pistol [10/12] (Holstered)
Slung Romanian AK-74
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]
[1] Mag 5.56N [12/30] (BDU Pocket)

Salvaged Gear:
Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[19] AK-74 Mags

Loading 40mm HE round to shoot at bird aviary

This message was last edited by the player at 22:23, Thu 16 Sept 2010.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2059 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Fri 17 Sep 2010
at 12:54
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
In reply to Konrad Bayer (msg #112):

It was a good RPG shot, the driver, gunner and commander were all in the front of the APC and blowing off the nose would kill or injure them all. God willing. The fire had slackened off from the group flanking to the north, hopefully this time they had their heads down but one never knew!

Over the radio, Dawid answered, "confirm, BTR on left flank to the north is knocked out. Will keep going north, towards the Monkey, ah sorry, Giraffe House." Shit, he couldn't remember which was which anymore.

Remembering that Dieter and Thor had radios, he transmitted, "Tornado units, this is Eagle, you are instructed to move North to the Giraffe House now!"

Fuck it, if the Baron had a signals intelligence detachment it wouldn't surprise him but he didn't know where Dieter and Thor were and they had to move, and move quickly. Those mortar shells sounded like the trumps of doom to him.

"Moving!" he yelled in English, so that maybe Mariusz would hear and provide covering fire.


Dawid Piotrowski

PKM (90/100)
Hippo House
Moving to Giraffe House

This message was last edited by the player at 12:55, Fri 17 Sept 2010.

Jan Cerny
 player, 701 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Fri 17 Sep 2010
at 17:06
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Having made it to the first building with Jeff, Jan took a few deep breaths in an attempt to control the pain from his arm before he continued moving westwards.  He ran for the building to the west of the Hippo House in the hope that that was obscured from any enemy fire.  He had heard transmissions from both Craig and Dawid that it was clear to the north but he had lost track a little of layout of the battle.

He wasn't sure even roughly where people where or what direction Konrad wanted to head in but westwards seemed to be a good idea at present as there was still firing to the south and he knew that the enemy had come from the east.  He also heard the impact of another mortar round somewhere behind him and that spurred him on.


Jan
Continuing to move westwards, aiming for the building to the west of the Hippo House.
F88 Steyr AUG (10/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - slung on shoulder
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HEDP - 8x HE, 4x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - held

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 227 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Sat 18 Sep 2010
at 15:19
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Thor held his position while Dieter ran, choosing that moment to replace his almost empty magazine with a full one and continuing to observe the enemy.
A glance behind to confirm there were several people ready to provide cover and Thor rolled to the side, hauled himself to his feet, and lumbered westwards to the remains of an animal enclosure and his next covered fire position.

Thor "The Thunderer"
Reloading
Moving as fast as possible
Barret M82A1 ("Mjollnir") (11/10) + 3x10 + 1x6, 1x1
PM-63 (25/25) + 1x25
H & K USP-9SD, 9mm (15/15) + 3x15
M-26A1 hand grenade, x4
Bayonet/knife
Individual Tactical Radio

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1968 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 18 Sep 2010
at 18:44
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

Having blasted a hole in the enemy positions to the north, the party begins a fighting withdrawal away from the concentration of enemy troops (and the mortar) to the south.

Dawid and Woj rise up and leave the cover of the Primate House, running towards the Giraffe house. Mariusz is waiting there for them in the lee of the western wall, having made sure no enemy wait on the far side of the building. They make it safely.

Dieter is hot on their heals. He rises and sprints towards the Giraffe House. He can hear the sound of gunfire but not the buzz or snap of close incoming fire. He makes it to the Giraffe house just a couple of seconds after Dawid and Woj.

Craig is next to join them. A couple of enemy troops to the east (central group) have resumed firing and bullets are striking near him as he runs. Craig arrives in one piece but the wound in the back of his thigh is throbbing with pain and he can feel a wet trickle of blood running down the back of his leg.

Thor also moves towards cover, heading due west towards the Primate House. A few bullets buzz past, colliding in puffs of smoke with its broken walls. He gets behind cover- a section of the enclosure wall- which gives him a view of the eastern hemisphere of the battlefield (roughly from the burning BTR to the burning BMP). He also has easy access to the sheltered withdrawal route behind the primate house. Looking east, northeast, Thor sees more enemy troops coming up via the road down which the first damaged BTR pulled back. They are similar in appearance to the other Ukranian troops you've been battling for the last half-an-hour or so.

To the south, Konrad and Minh move towards the Primate House using the Hippo House as cover and concealment. Tucker takes a moment to give the enemy reinforcements coming up from the south. He deftly puts a 40mm HE grenade into the remains of the Aviary, hopefully doing some damage to its current human occupants. As soon as he sees the grenade explode on target, Tucker turns and runs north along the Hippo House wall. Just as he's about to reach the far corner, another mortar bomb explodes just inside the wall a mere two or three meters from Tucker's position. The wall buckles outwards and collapses in a cloud of dust and smoke. Tucker's caught in the avalanche. The next thing he knows, he's lying in a heap of rubble, half-burried under building debris. Amazingly, except from some scratches and soon-to-be bruises, he's unhurt. The rubble atop him is neither too thick nor too heavy to prevent him from digging himself out. (Tucker -1 40mm HE)

To the west of the Hippo house, Jan and Warren are in a position that will allow them to either continue putting fire on the enemy force to the south or to withdraw to the north concealed from them. Jan's wound is painful. Blood is still seeping through the bandage from the large exit wound in his bicep.


Next Moves?


Updated tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...7&mid=1284835780

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:58, Sat 18 Sept 2010.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 110 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Sat 18 Sep 2010
at 21:37
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Jeff realized that they needed to slow the southern group's advance if they were going to get away in time.  Seeing this, he carefully aimed at exposed troops in the south, before unleashing two pairs of single shots at any and all targets he could.  Wounding is best, killing is alright, slowing is acceptable.


Jeff Warren
1 aimed shot + 3 quick shots, 2 targets.
AK-103 w/POSP4x24 (21/30)

Minh Quyen
 player, 527 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Sun 19 Sep 2010
at 00:21
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Kneeling next to the sheltered side of the ape house, Quyen removes the magazine from her rifle and inserts a new one. Following the last mortar hit, she looks around the corner to where Tucker was nearly buried.

As the dust clears her eyes widen, until he he shows movement and looks to be unhurt. Relieved, she then yells, "Dammit Sergeant Tucker! That's what I'm talking about! Stop fooling around in the rubble and get over here!"


Quyen
Reloading/waiting for the everyone else

Craig Sutherland
 player, 214 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sun 19 Sep 2010
at 00:58
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

Once down in the relative cover of the brick structure Craig looks down at his leg as he changed the magazine in his rifle. “No time” he thought to himself. Once behind solid cover facing the threat from the east (central group) Craig will begin firing short bursts.

He tried to favour his other leg as he he aimed towards the advancing troops.

”Anyone got any spare 40mm.

He asks over the rapid firing of his AK.

Dawids Team
Firing on the southern troops
Giraffe House

AK-74/BG-15 (30/30) + 1x30 (0/0 HE) - held at shoulder
RPG-7D (0/1 HEAT) + 0 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) + 5x45 - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1275 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Sun 19 Sep 2010
at 01:26
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Bayer kneels next to Quyen and shouts over to Jan and Warren, pointing to the structure to (their) northwest, "Move again."

Bayer then looks behind him, a few hundred meters beyond Dawid's team, he could make out a large structure. Speaking into his radio, he says, "Dawid. That building to your northwest. Can you get your team to it and hold? We got a delay here. Over."
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2062 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sun 19 Sep 2010
at 09:50
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Okay, Sunray, see you there! Note, more reinforcements coming down the NE road."

Dawid felt a bitter amusement at their predicament. No time to dwell on that now!

"Mariusz, Woj, Dieter, Craig, on me now! Now!" He waved everyone over. "Mariusz, give some 40mm grenades to Craig. Give the other spare belt to me." He passed over the empty ammo can for the full one, eying Craig's wounded leg. "How bad is that? Can we patch it up later?"

"We are moving to that building to our northwest." Dawid pointed it out for reference, but kept his head down for prudence's sake. "We will move in 2 bounds. Craig, you will take Dieter and Woj and go first. Mariusz and I will cover you. Signal us when you get there, then cover our bound. If I am killed, Craig is in charge. Let's move quickly, go!"


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (90/100 + 100)
NE Corner, Giraffe House

Giving orders. He also plans on using covering fire to suppress the reinforcements moving west along the boulevard, and have Maruisz keep an eye on any remaining survivors in the building to their NE.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 215 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sun 19 Sep 2010
at 10:25
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
"Okay, Sunray, see you there! Note, more reinforcements coming down the NE road."

Dawid felt a bitter amusement at their predicament. No time to dwell on that now!

"Mariusz, Woj, Dieter, Craig, on me now! Now!" He waved everyone over. "Mariusz, give some 40mm grenades to Craig. Give the other spare belt to me." He passed over the empty ammo can for the full one, eying Craig's wounded leg. "How bad is that? Can we patch it up later?"

"We are moving to that building to our northwest." Dawid pointed it out for reference, but kept his head down for prudence's sake. "We will move in 2 bounds. Craig, you will take Dieter and Woj and go first. Mariusz and I will cover you. Signal us when you get there, then cover our bound. If I am killed, Craig is in charge. Let's move quickly, go!"


Craig turned as he was raising his rifle to begin firing. He shuffled closer to Dawid but kept his rifle facing towards the enemy. At the question about his leg Craig replies:

"If it doesn't fall off I can keep moving."

He takes the offered grenades and puts them in one of the large front ammo pouches on his PLCE. He then moves with Woj and Dieter to the far side of the building and on the commencement of cover fire runs as fast as he can with his leg to the next suitable cover.
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 801 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sun 19 Sep 2010
at 18:22
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Mariusz handed over the ammo and then said, "Woj has the 40mm grenades, he didn't give them to me and I forgot to ask. There's a hangfire in teh grenade launcher I don't know how to clear, I haven't used the BG-1 before and I'm reluctant to fiddle with it."

He took up position to cover the men moving forward.

Mariusz
AK-74 27/30
BG-1 ?/1
Covering the forward leap

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 935 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Mon 20 Sep 2010
at 02:18
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Cap'n Rae:
To the south, Konrad and Minh move towards the Primate House using the Hippo House as cover and concealment. Tucker takes a moment to give the enemy reinforcements coming up from the south. He deftly puts a 40mm HE grenade into the remains of the Aviary, hopefully doing some damage to its current human occupants. As soon as he sees the grenade explode on target, Tucker turns and runs north along the Hippo House wall. Just as he's about to reach the far corner, another mortar bomb explodes just inside the wall a mere two or three meters from Tucker's position. The wall buckles outwards and collapses in a cloud of dust and smoke. Tucker's caught in the avalanche. The next thing he knows, he's lying in a heap of rubble, half-burried under building debris. Amazingly, except from some scratches and soon-to-be bruises, he's unhurt. The rubble atop him is neither too thick nor too heavy to prevent him from digging himself out. (Tucker -1 40mm HE)

Next Moves?

When the round hits and there's an explosion, Tucker tries his best to cover up his exposed face from the debris, and smoke.  He lays there for a second as he tries to convince his body to get up and move and that he isn't dead, yet!  He begins to move his arms and legs trying to move away the rocks and rubble burring him as he also wants to get the dust and dirt out of his lungs, nose, and mouth.


Minh Quyen:
Kneeling next to the sheltered side of the ape house, Quyen removes the magazine from her rifle and inserts a new one. Following the last mortar hit, she looks around the corner to where Tucker was nearly buried.

As the dust clears her eyes widen, until he he shows movement and looks to be unhurt. Relieved, she then yells, "Dammit Sergeant Tucker! That's what I'm talking about! Stop fooling around in the rubble and get over here!"

As he attempts to get from underneath the fallen wall, he hears a familiar femal voice calling for him.  "<cough, cough> I'm over here, <cough> Mother!  Give me a <cough> minute or fuckin' help me!"

TUCKER
Trying to dig himself out of rubble

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2063 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Mon 20 Sep 2010
at 06:47
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
In reply to Mariusz Tokarski (msg #125):

Understood," pass off your forty-mil to Craig and let's make this happen! Good luck and may God go with you, leftenant, Woj, Dieter."

"Mariusz, keep an eye on those buggers that was firing on us before, and look for snipers. We know they have sharpshooters!"
He pointed out the building where (unbeknown to him) Mariusz had singlehandedly chopped the group flanking them to the NE into pieces.

Crossing himself for luck, he set up the PKM and commenced firing on the reinforcements moving up to the east. Even if he didn't hit anyone they would be forced to go to ground, slowing them for crucial minutes or even deciding to withdraw or flank around.


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (90/100 + 100)

NE Corner, Giraffe House

Giving orders.
Covering Fire, PKM at the reinforcements moving west down the road to the east.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:21, Mon 20 Sept 2010.

Dieter Brandt
 player, 218 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Mon 20 Sep 2010
at 12:16
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Dieter made it to the giraffe house in one piece, meeting up with other elements of the squad there. Hearing Dawid's instruction he silently nodded, and then glanced over to Woj and Craig.

As the prepared to move he quickly swapped mags in his PSG-1.

Once they were ready he waited for the instruction. Once the instruction to move came he headed off toward the northwest, trying to run as quickly as possible while keeping low behind any tree stump or wall that was offering shelter.

Once he reached the new building he looked quickly for a good firing position and then took cover. Calling to Woj, he also directed him to a good position nearby.

"Woj, take cover over there and look for targets. Aim carefully, and fire single shots rather than bursts. Keep calm, and keep firing."

He then glanced over to make sure Craig was in position before radioing back to the others. "This is Thunder-2. We are in position and will commence cover. Prepare to move. Over."

With that he looked at the new enemy squad to the East and began to fire at any target available.

Dieter Brandt
Moving to the new building to NW, issuing fire instructions to Woj, and sniping targets to E.
PSG-1 - 20/20 rounds
AK-74 - 30/30 slung over shoulder
1x Frag 2x Smoke

This message was last edited by the player at 10:33, Tue 21 Sept 2010.

Jan Cerny
 player, 703 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Mon 20 Sep 2010
at 20:27
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Jan was conscious that he was starting to lag behind the others and that he needed to keep moving.  He'd heard someone, he wasn't sure who but it could have been Konrad or Dawid, saying something over the radio about heading northwards.  He could see that Jeff was continuing to engage the enemy and covering the rear and had seen a couple of people head into a building that looked like it might once have held primates of some kind.

He started heading northwards, aiming for the building that the others had entered, moving as quickly as he could.


Jan
Heading northwards towards the ape house.
F88 Steyr AUG (10/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - slung on shoulder
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HEDP - 8x HE, 4x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - held

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 229 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Tue 21 Sep 2010
at 06:04
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Setting up Mjollnir again in cover, Thor transmitted his observations.
"This Thunderer. Enemy Dřkkálfar reinforcements to north east, over."
Message delivered, he scanned the enemy with Járngreipr, conducting a quick headcount, and aimed at whoever seemed to be giving the orders.

Thor "The Thunderer"
Radioing update
Aiming at leader type/grenadier/machinegunnner in that order of preference
Barret M82A1 ("Mjollnir") (11/10) + 3x10 + 1x6, 1x1
PM-63 (25/25) + 1x25
H & K USP-9SD, 9mm (15/15) + 3x15
M-26A1 hand grenade, x4
Bayonet/knife
Individual Tactical Radio

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1970 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Wed 22 Sep 2010
at 00:53
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

Dawid spots the newly arrived enemy reinforcements forming up in the roadway to the east. They mill about without purpose, appearing somewhat hesitant to venture out of the perceived cover and concealment provided by the buildings on either side of them. The two burning AFV's and corpses scattered on the ground in front of them must be rather discouraging. They seem unawares of half their quarry's current position around the Giragge house. Dawid takes aim at the core of the group and sends a burst into their midst, dropping one of them like a sack of wet laundry. The others scatter like cockroaches on the kitchen floor when the light it flicked on, scrambling behind cover. Dawid spots the BTR-80 that Craig hit in the turret with an RPG in the battle's opening phase. Thin white smoke is still drifting from its blackened turret. At the moment, it is doing nothing but providing stationary cover with its armored hull. Mariusz opens fire a split second after Dawid. The man he was aiming at stumbles on his way to cover, before disappearing behind the still-steaming BTR. Dawid fires another long burst into the BTR, sending singing ricochets in all directions and discouraging the enemy from further purposeful movement. (Dawid -20 rounds; Mariusz -10 rounds)

Thor was about to pick off what appeared to be an officer when Dawid's first burst scattered the enemy formation. The second burst causes the enemy to hunker down even further. It will take a few more seconds to locate a suitable target now that the enemy reinforcements have gone to ground.

Dieter keeps watch to the north and northwest. So far, he's seen nothing to suggest any enemy troops in that sector. There's only the lone enemy survivor of the original northern flanking group to the east-northeast, still cowering behind a tree stump. To the west is some sort of animal enclosure encircled by a kind of ditch or moat. On the right, a damaged runs almost all the way to the building to the northwest. Woj and Craig arrive and, with Dawid and Mariusz firing cover from the building's opposite corner, the trio moves to the next building to the northwest with Dieter in the lead. Thanks to the wall on their right, they make it without drawing fire and quickly set up in a shallow draw with good fields of fire to the east to cover the next group.

Tucker digs himself free of the rubble pile and, trailing a cloud of dust, half runs, half stumbles north towards the primate house where Konrad and the rest of his team have assembled.

Warren shoots at the enemy to the south from a covered position to the west of the Hippo House. His silenced AK-103 doesn't have much of a firing signature and he catches an enemy in the advanced covering group just below the throat. The man rolls on to his back and clutches at the wound. The others adjust their fire to Warren's position. One or more of them must have watched him run to the building or spothim as he opened fire. He fires another burst but fails to score any hits. Long-range enemy fire from the Aviary is starting to reach out for him. He's quickly becoming the focal point for the enemy's ire, allowing Tucker to escape unhindered by aimed enemy fire. (Warren -10 rounds)

Jan also uses the respite to move to the Primate House, joining Konrad and Minh there.


Next Moves?


Updated Tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...7&mid=1285207658

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:12, Thu 23 Sept 2010.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 936 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Wed 22 Sep 2010
at 23:55
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Cap'n Rae:
Tucker digs himself free of the rubble pile and, trailing a cloud of dust, half runs, half stumbles north towards the primate house where Konrad and the rest of his team have assembled.

Next Moves?

Tucker reloads his 40mm launcher with another HE round as he stumbles his way to the primate house.  As the dust and dirt flies off of him, he tries to break a smile when he gets there, "Thanks for waiting.  GOt hit by a bus.  And don't think I didn't hear you yelling at me again Mom!"

TUCKER
M-16A2 [25/30] / M-203 [HE] - {SINGLE-SHOT}
H&K SOCOM Pistol [10/12] (Holstered)
Slung Romanian AK-74 [30/30]
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]
[1] Mag 5.56N [12/30] (BDU Pocket)

Salvaged Gear:
Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[19] AK-74 Mags

Loading 40mm HE round on way to Primate house

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2067 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Thu 23 Sep 2010
at 00:53
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #131):

As he observed the Ukrainians Dawid thought, Damn those bastards from "Golicja i Głodomeria" (loosly translated as "Naked and Hunger Land", a negative Polish stereotype of western Ukrainians as poor and starving). They fight so hard for their Polish master, who they should hate so much!

No time to question their good fortune. "Sunray... reserve movement to east is halted. NW buildings seem secure."

Craig, Deiter and Woj seemed to have reached cover, time for them to head out.

"Mariusz, good shooting, now it's time to move! When they start covering fire, that is."

He called out in English, "Moving!"


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (70/100 + 100)
NE Corner, Giraffe House

Moving to buidings to NW when Craig et al begin covering fire.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:53, Thu 23 Sept 2010.

Dieter Brandt
 player, 221 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Thu 23 Sep 2010
at 07:29
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Cap'n Rae:
Dieter keeps watch to the north and northwest. So far, he's seen nothing to suggest any enemy troops in that sector. There's only the lone enemy survivor of the original northern flanking group to the east-northeast, still cowering behind a tree stump. To the west is some sort of animal enclosure encircled by a kind of ditch or moat. On the right, a damaged runs almost all the way to the building to the northwest. Woj and Craig arrive and, with Dawid and Mariusz firing cover from the building's opposite corner, the trio moves to the next building to the northwest with Dieter in the lead. Thanks to the wall on their right, they make it without drawing fire and quickly set up in a shallow draw with good fields of fire to the east to cover the next group.


Dieter settled into position. He glanced to the east but saw no clear movement, so concentrated on the northern and western flanks. He is intrigued by the enclosure next to them. It reminded him of the tiger enclosure at the Wilhelma Zoo in Stuttgart, a place he had visited many times with his father as a boy.

His thoughts turned momentarily to his father. He hadn't heard from his parents since getting called up into the Army, and wondered what had happened to them. Where they alive or dead? Had they stayed at home, or fled to France, or had they disappeared into the forest? His father had been an expert woodsman, and knew every inch of the forest. Maybe one day he would return home to look for them, maybe one day...

He snapped back to the reality of his situation. The north and west seemed to be clear. He directed Woj and Craig to safe spots and radioed the remainder of the squad to let them know they were in position.

Dieter Brandt
Settled in cover in new building, covering North and West flanks
PSG-1 - 20/20 rounds
AK-74 - 30/30 slung over shoulder
1x Frag 2x Smoke

Craig Sutherland
 player, 216 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Thu 23 Sep 2010
at 09:03
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

Once settled into the next position, Craig places a new 40mm grenade into the launcher on the AK and aims at the approaching BTR-80* to the East. He takes his time and then fires watching the grenade arc out over the battlefield.

He ejects the spent case and reloads, then raises his rifle to his shoulder.

*This is of course only if he can see the APC otherwise he fires towards the infantry.


Dawids Team
Firing on the BTR-80

AK-74/BG-15 (30/30) + 1x30 (1/1 HE) + 6x40mm HE- held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 0 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) + 5x45 - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade
Jan Cerny
 player, 705 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Thu 23 Sep 2010
at 14:56
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Va t'en!", Jan said to himself as he pushed himself off again and continued moving towards Dawid and Mariusz's position in the Giraffe house.  His arm hurt like hell but it was only bleeding slightly so if he could get clear for a little while he could redo the bandage and ensure that he was going to be ok.

From that wound at least!


Jan
Heading northwards towards the giraffe house.
F88 Steyr AUG (10/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - slung on shoulder
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HEDP - 8x HE, 4x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - held

OOC - in this context "Va t'en!" means "Get a bloody move on!" rather than "Fuck off!"

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 802 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Thu 23 Sep 2010
at 15:39
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Mariusz heard Dawid's call to move and he headed toward the enemy as quickly as he could.

Mariusz
AK-74 17/30
BG-1 ?/1
Charging the enemy to the NW

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 114 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Thu 23 Sep 2010
at 16:00
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Jeff takes the opportunity to get one more aimed shot off at the exposed riflemen before ducking deep behind his cover. He takes a moment to key his radio "This is Warren.  How about some covering fire? Suppress the bird house." He waits on some covering fire before running to his teammates.


Jeff Warren
1 Aimed shot at exposed enemy, running to team.
AK103w/POSP4x24 [11/30]

This message was last edited by the player at 03:14, Sat 25 Sept 2010.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2069 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Thu 23 Sep 2010
at 20:53
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
In reply to Mariusz Tokarski (msg #137):

"Whoops, other way, Mariusz! Northwest, towards Craig and them!"

He considered transmitting to Thor they were leaving, but he didn't want to step on Warren's needed request for assistance over the radio. Thor may well have heard the earlier transmission and was making his own way. If not, Konrad could possibly pick him up on his way through.

Making sure everyone was oriented in the right direction (that is, Mariusz and himself) he moved out.


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (70/100 + 100)
NE Corner, Giraffe House

Moving to buidings to NW.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:59, Sat 25 Sept 2010.

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 230 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Fri 24 Sep 2010
at 02:35
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Maintaining position, Thor lined up on his next target amongst the reinforcements before gently squeezing the trigger. Mjollnir roared but the intended target ducked just in time to avoid their head being removed from this world.

Thor "The Thunderer"
Aimed shot, medium range - miss
Barret M82A1 ("Mjollnir") (10/10) + 3x10 + 1x6, 1x1
PM-63 (25/25) + 1x25
H & K USP-9SD, 9mm (15/15) + 3x15
M-26A1 hand grenade, x4
Bayonet/knife
Individual Tactical Radio

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 803 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Fri 24 Sep 2010
at 08:31
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Mariusz heard Dawid's call and stopped dead in total confusion. unsure where he was supposed to be going or why they were attacking when their aim was breaking contct. He tried to reorientate and then follow Dawid.

Mariusz
AK-74 17/30
Stopping in confusion
Following Dawid.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1278 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Fri 24 Sep 2010
at 20:20
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
"Sunray... reserve movement to east is halted. NW buildings seem secure."


After having a brief moment to regain his berings and determine where everyone was, Bayer replies over the radio, "Sunray. Roger. Hold the northwest building before we take our next bound. Jan's team is coming up from your south. Out."

Bayer then points to the Giraffe house as Tucker arrives and says, "Sergeant, follow Jan up to the next pen and hold. Quyen, back them up."

Then levelling his rifle towards the bird house, Bayer fires two quick shots into the structure. "Warren. We need to move now. Come on." says into the radio handset.

Bayer
Communicating / Firing two quick shots at bird house
G36/HK69 (28/30) (1 HEDP)

This message was last edited by the player at 20:28, Fri 24 Sept 2010.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1974 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 25 Sep 2010
at 18:58
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

At the north end of the party's straggling line, Dieter, Woj, and Craig are joined by Dawid and his PKM. Fortunately for Mariusz, the enemy to the east were preoccupied by Thor and Craig's latest shots and they don't take advantage of his reckless charge into open space. The enemy to the east seems discouraged and hesitant. Ahead of them, a BTR-80 is burning brightly while nearby a second, defanged BTR sits idle and abandoned by its crew. Mariusz realizes his error in following a clearly nonsensical order and runs back to cover. He leaps through a gap in the wall and heads north, rejoining his friends.

Thor's shot may have missed, but it does keep the enemy in the street to the east glued to whatever cover they've found. Craig blind-fires a 40mm HE grenade over the burning BTR into the open street where it explodes in a puff of smoke and sparkling shrapnel, further discouraging the recently-arrived Ukranian reinforcements from taking any kind of initiative. (Thor -1 round; Craig -1 40mm HE)

As he searches for another target, Thor spots movement atop the collapsed rubble of the apartment complex directly accross the street. At least a couple of the enemy have finally taken advantage of the man-made high ground overlooking the park. From this vantage point, they will have better lines of sight and fire over the eastern half of the park. Thor might not have much more time before he is pinned down out in front of the nearest cover.

Konrad fires off a couple of rounds in the direction of the aviary before heading towards the Giraffe House where he meets up once again with Tucker and Minh. Covered in cement dust, Tucker looks like a bit like a martial Ghost of Christmas Past (two months early). Despite his appearance, he's fully recovered from his close call at the Hippo House. (Konrad -2 rounds)

Warren takes one more aimed shot at the nearest enemy before ducking behind the cover of the nearby maintainance building. Rounds from the aviary smack into the concrete and kick up showers of slush and mud nearby. Warren is able to use the buidling to move north out of sight of the enemy to the south. These troops must be in direct contact with the enemy mortar team because a high-explosive bomb lands on the other side of the shed, detonating in a spray of earth and shrapnel. Fortunately for Warren, the building absorbs the fragments and concussion thrown out by the mortar round and he is only slightly shaken. Realizing that he must be drawing just about all of the southern enemy group's ire, Warren decides to beat feet. He rises and runs north to the Ape House. Breathing heavily, he turns and looks behind him. The Hippo House and maintainance building screen him from the enemy in Aviary (and vice-versa), giving him a respite from the enemy's direct fire. The mortar is still of some concern, however.


Next Moves?


Updated tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...7&mid=1285439419

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:01, Sat 25 Sept 2010.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 804 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sat 25 Sep 2010
at 20:29
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Mariusz reached the others at the edge of the ruined Cat House and became aware of the soldiers that were gathering at the edge of the zoo. He wracked his brains for a memory that would help him and said to Dawid, "Directly North West of here is the road and rail bridge. They are down but you might be able to use them as cover to break contact."

He pointed to the Cat House and said, "If we can make a brief firebase there we can cover the others getting to the riverside and then past the bridges. Then we can run using these ruins as cover."

"We should lose them in the ruined factories to the north."
Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 231 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Sun 26 Sep 2010
at 14:48
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
As much as he hated to admit it, the time to go had arrived. Taking advantage of the natural cover, he recovered the single empty brass casing from his position and scurried back to catch up with the others...

Thor "The Thunderer"
Withdrawing through cover
Barret M82A1 ("Mjollnir") (10/10) + 3x10 + 1x6, 1x1
PM-63 (25/25) + 1x25
H & K USP-9SD, 9mm (15/15) + 3x15
M-26A1 hand grenade, x4
Bayonet/knife
Individual Tactical Radio

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 937 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Sun 26 Sep 2010
at 23:07
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Tucker gets his orders from Konrad and gives him a weak wave as he pushes off the building he's at to make his way over to where Jan is now setting up along with Minh.  "Too many close calls Mother!  That fuckin' mortar has it in for me for some reason.  Hopefully the third time isn't the charm in this case," he tells her trying to relieve the situation with some humor.  On the move, if he can, he reloads his 40mm launcher with another HE grenade.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [25/30] / M-203 [HE] - {SINGLE-SHOT}
H&K SOCOM Pistol [10/12] (Holstered)
Slung Romanian AK-74 [30/30]
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]
[1] Mag 5.56N [12/30] (BDU Pocket)

Salvaged Gear:
Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[19] AK-74 Mags

Loading 40mm HE round on way to Jan's position with Minh

This message was last edited by the player at 23:08, Sun 26 Sept 2010.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2075 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Mon 27 Sep 2010
at 06:42
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Outside what could have been a building to house large felines, Dawid gathered the people who were with him together under cover of a ramp and retaining wall.

"Okay, we're going to clear the building. Once that's done, Dieter and I will cover to the east, Mariusz will cover the north and west. Woj, help Craig with his leg."

He looked at Mariusz and nodded his thanks. "The ruins of the bridge is a good idea. We'll make that our own "rally point" for now. I'm loathe to speak of it over the radio, so I'll wait for Konrad to catch up and tell him in person. Anything I might be missing?"



Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (70/100 + 100)

Outside Cat House
Giving orders, moving in to clear, covering to east.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:46, Mon 27 Sept 2010.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 218 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Mon 27 Sep 2010
at 06:58
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

Craig adjusts his aim after firing the grenade and begins firing short bursts at any of the new reinforcements stupid to raise their heads. He will keep his fire towards the front of the group taking out anyone moving forward.

AK-74/BG-15 (30/30) + 1x30 (1/0 HE) + 6x40mm HE- held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 0 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) + 5x45 - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade

This message was last edited by the player at 06:58, Mon 27 Sept 2010.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 806 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Mon 27 Sep 2010
at 09:40
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Probably," Mariusz said, "but nothing I can think of. Once we're in position can you have a look at the BG-1 for me, the round's either a dud or not settled properly but I don't know which."
Jeff D. Warren
 player, 117 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Mon 27 Sep 2010
at 15:32
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
As Jeff rounds the back of the Ape House, he realizes that everyone else has continued to move on without him.  Although he contemplates attempting to E&E on his own, the sound of gunfire ahead of him reassures him that some 'friendlies' must still be in the area.  He keeps sprinting to the next building to the NW, hoping that someone is covering him.  The scattered gunfire to the East drew him to run for the West side of the building.


Jeff Warren
Running to West Side of Giraffe House
AK-103w/POSP4x24 [10/30]

Dieter Brandt
 player, 223 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Mon 27 Sep 2010
at 16:17
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
"Okay, we're going to clear the building. Once that's done, Dieter and I will cover to the east, Mariusz will cover the north and west. Woj, help Craig with his leg."


Dieter nodded towards Dawid, indicating that he understood the order. He left the others to clear the enclosure they were sheltering around. Room to room fighting wasn't really his style. Instead he settled into a good firing position behind a low stone wall and looked for movement to the East. There had been a lot of activity there so he quickly scanned the area before selecting targets. Again he aimed for officers, NCOs or radiomen first.

Once a target was selected he commenced raining death down upon them again.

Dieter Brandt
Taking cover near the cat house, sniping at targets to the east.
PSG-1 - 20/20 rounds
AK-74 - 30/30 slung over shoulder
1x Frag 2x Smoke

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1279 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Tue 28 Sep 2010
at 03:01
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Bayer pauses and looks at the ground between the giraffe house and the building Dawid's team were at. "Alright. Keep moving up." he says to Jan's team. "Make for the last building there. Use the wall for cover."

This message was last edited by the player at 03:01, Tue 28 Sept 2010.

Jan Cerny
 player, 708 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Tue 28 Sep 2010
at 15:57
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Konrad Bayer:
"Alright. Keep moving up." he says to Jan's team. "Make for the last building there. Use the wall for cover."


Jan nodded in response to Konrad before moving out again and continuing to head north to where he could see many of the others, led by Dawid.  The pain in his arm was still bad and he hoped that they could get clear of the enemy so that he could look at it again.  He remembered that the bullet had passed through his arm so, with a bit of luck, it wouldn't cause him a permanent problem.

That was on the assumption that they got clear for long enough for him to tend the wound again and let it heal!


Jan
Heading northwards towards Dawid's team, using available cover.
F88 Steyr AUG (10/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - slung on shoulder
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HEDP - 8x HE, 4x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - held

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 807 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Tue 28 Sep 2010
at 16:10
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Mariusz settled down into cover and watched the north, once he was settled in he made a tactical magazine change.

Mariusz
AK-74 (31/30) BG-1 ?/1
In cover looking North(eastish)
Changing magazine

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1979 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Wed 29 Sep 2010
at 00:06
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

The fiercely burning BTR-80 and the one-story, roadside building near which it is permanently parked block the northern team's view east to the road where the enemy reinforcements had scattered a couple of minutes earlier. The sun rising above the fallen apartment blocks- still a couple of stories tall even in their present pancaked state- makes it difficult to see. Dieter searches for targets to either side of the obstacles but fails to spot anything worth a bullet.

Dawid leads Craig and Mariusz in clearing the Cat House enclosure. It is completely bare- water-stained concrete sparsely scrawled with graffiti. No one is home. The team exits the building as Konrad, Tucker, Minh, and Jan arrive. Dawid, Mariusz, Craig, and Woj take up defensive positions as previously instructed, and begin looking for threats in their assigned sectors.

Warren, feeling abandoned and considering striking out on his own, moves up to the Giraffe House, drawing some fire from the east as he does so. He arrives there safely. A low, damaged wall leads north to another low building. Glancing in that direction, Warren sees movement. He's fairly certain that he's looking at a group of his new comrades.

Recognizing that the enemy has gained a tactical advantage by finally taking the high ground to the east, Thor wisely pulls back, drawing a couple of rounds from the enemy climbers as he does so. He crawls through the remains of the Ape House and reaches the covered west side of the building in one piece. He is now the southernmost member of the party. A glance to the south fails to pick out any enemy fighters.

It seems significantly warmer than it has been for the past few days. It's hard to tell if it's the natural body heat produced by the exertions of battle or weather the weather has made a shift. The sky above is nearly cloudless and the sun blazes brightly above the buildings to the east, making observation that much more difficult.

The enemy mortar hasn't fired in the last minute or so. Visual contact with the enemy force moving up from the south (the bulk of which was last seen occupying the Aviary) has been lost. Enemy fire is minimal. From the Cat House, the way north looks clear of enemy troops. The enemy's intentions, however, are not so clear. Have they lost the will to fight? Are they readying themselves for another direct assault? Or are they repositioning to catch the party in an ambush as it attempts to escape?


Next Moves?


Updated tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...7&mid=1285717072

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:13, Wed 29 Sept 2010.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1280 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Wed 29 Sep 2010
at 00:31
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Sixty seconds." Bayer says, entering the final structure, glancing back the way the came for Warren and Thor. "If you are low, now is the time to redistribute grenades and ammo if needed."

Looking at Tucker and Jan, he asks, "You two still good?"

Bayer then takes hold of Woj by the shirt and asks firmly, "You. The bridge is down... but you can still go underneath it at the river bank right? Instead of crossing the road." If he doesn't seem to understand, Bayer will give Mariusz a nod to indicate he wants his question answered.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:32, Wed 29 Sept 2010.

Dieter Brandt
 player, 224 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Wed 29 Sep 2010
at 07:26
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Spying nothing to the East, Dieter readjusted his position to look South. As he scanned for targets he observed the stragglers coming in towards his location.

If any target is spotted he will pick them off.

Dieter Brandt
Taking cover near the cat house, sniping at targets to the South.
PSG-1 - 20/20 rounds
AK-74 - 30/30 slung over shoulder
1x Frag 2x Smoke

Craig Sutherland
 player, 219 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Wed 29 Sep 2010
at 08:05
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

Landing amid the rubble of their new position Craig begins to scan his sector for any targets. He keeps an eye out for the last man of the northern group who was hold up next to stump. If he gets a shot he will take it.

Hearing the captains call Craig readies himself to move again.


Point Team
Covering sector

AK-74/BG-15 (30/30) + 1x30 (0/1 HE) + 6x40mm HE- held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 0 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) + 5x45 - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 808 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Wed 29 Sep 2010
at 15:47
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Mariusz looked over at Woj and reiterated the Kaptain's question, "Woj, can we get under the bridges without exposing ourselves?"
Jan Cerny
 player, 709 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Wed 29 Sep 2010
at 22:28
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Konrad Bayer:
"Sixty seconds." Bayer says, entering the final structure, glancing back the way the came for Warren and Thor. "If you are low, now is the time to redistribute grenades and ammo if needed."

Looking at Tucker and Jan, he asks, "You two still good?"


"No Konrad, I'm not good," replied Jan, looking a little pale and holstering his pistol as he spoke.  His voice was still strong, the determination to survive apparent.  "I'm definitely not an effective any more but I can cover people with my pistol!"

He then started fiddling with the bandage on his left arm, trying to position it better over the wound in an attempt to stop the remaining bleeding.

"Also, Konrad and Tuck.  If you're short of forty mill grenades then take some of mine." His 40mmN grenades were conveniently located in the grenade vest he was wearing and only Konrad and Tuck had M203s as well as Jan so they might as well take what they needed if they were getting short.


Jan
Taking the opportunity to reapply the bandage on his left arm and offering 40mmN grenades to Konrad and Tuck.
F88 Steyr AUG (10/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - slung on shoulder
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HEDP - 8x HE, 4x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - holstered

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1980 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Wed 29 Sep 2010
at 23:55
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Mariusz Tokarski:
Mariusz looked over at Woj and reiterated the Kaptain's question, "Woj, can we get under the bridges without exposing ourselves?"


Woj answers confidently, "Yes, we can. The bank is pretty steep there and there's still some road over the top of it at the base of the bridge. If the... er, enemy get on top of the bank while we're down there, though, we'll be well and truly fucked. You guys don't happen to have a boat, do you?"

It's clear from his tone and facial expression that the question is meant as a rather sardonic joke.
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 938 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Thu 30 Sep 2010
at 01:45
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Konrad Bayer:
"Sixty seconds." Bayer says, entering the final structure, glancing back the way the came for Warren and Thor. "If you are low, now is the time to redistribute grenades and ammo if needed."

Looking at Tucker and Jan, he asks, "You two still good?"

Robert looks over to Konrad, "I'm dusty but functional boss."

Jan Cerny:
"No Konrad, I'm not good," replied Jan, looking a little pale and holstering his pistol as he spoke.  His voice was still strong, the determination to survive apparent.  "I'm definitely not an effective any more but I can cover people with my pistol!"

He then started fiddling with the bandage on his left arm, trying to position it better over the wound in an attempt to stop the remaining bleeding.

"Also, Konrad and Tuck.  If you're short of forty mill grenades then take some of mine." His 40mmN grenades were conveniently located in the grenade vest he was wearing and only Konrad and Tuck had M203s as well as Jan so they might as well take what they needed if they were getting short.

<Orange>Jan
Taking the opportunity to reapply the bandage on his left arm and offering 40mmN grenades to Konrad and Tuck.
F88 Steyr AUG (10/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - slung on shoulder
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HEDP - 8x HE, 4x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)

Tucker then looked back over to Konrad after Jan gave a status report on himself which didn't sound good.  He grabs for Jans bandage where he was trying to adjust it so it covered the wound better.  "Leave it Jan I got it.  Lemme help you out here buddy.  Try and rest for a minute.  And thanks for the grenades.  If I need 'em, I'll grab 'em buddy!

Boss, I'll stay with Konrad makes sure he's ok and we get his ass outta here.  He's only got the pistol so, we'll make it through,"
Tucker says as he removes the less than half full magazine from the Steyr rifle, puts it in one of Jan's pockets and then inserts a fresh mag into the weapon.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [25/30] / M-203 [HE] - {SINGLE-SHOT}
H&K SOCOM Pistol [10/12] (Holstered)
Slung Romanian AK-74 [30/30]
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]
[1] Mag 5.56N [12/30] (BDU Pocket)

Salvaged Gear:
Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[19] AK-74 Mags

Helping Jan get ready to move and bandaged up

This message was last edited by the player at 01:50, Thu 30 Sept 2010.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 118 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Thu 30 Sep 2010
at 03:56
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Jeff pauses and squints to see if he can identify the figures to his north.  As a thousand thoughts run through his head, he figures they're his teammates. Nonetheless, he runs to the building with his rifle at high-ready.  When he identifies the rest of the group as friendly, he lowers his rifle and sprints the rest of the way, joining Konrad's group.

"They know we're here.  Excellent.  We've definitely bogged down and taken out most of their Reaction Force."  You can tell from his expression, and despite the grime on his face, that he is generally pleased.  He also takes the moment to swap out for a fresh mag, and wipe some of the dirt off of his uniform.

"The 10th will have it much easier now.  But we need to keep moving.  That mortar is still active.  Also, sorry about your man Ondar."  He spits into the ground, then adds "And where is Thor?"
Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 232 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Fri 1 Oct 2010
at 02:18
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Right here," Thor panted from behind Warren, still white from his own encounter with falling masonry.
"They in building. Have high ground."
"Need move. Now!"


Thor "The Thunderer"
Withdrawing to group
Perpared to move again immediately
Barret M82A1 ("Mjollnir") (10/10) + 3x10 + 1x6, 1x1
PM-63 (25/25) + 1x25
H & K USP-9SD, 9mm (15/15) + 3x15
M-26A1 hand grenade, x4
Bayonet/knife
Individual Tactical Radio

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2079 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Fri 1 Oct 2010
at 09:28
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Konrad, Mariusz suggested using the bridge, ah, whatever you call it, on this side as a rally point."

Hearing Thor's warning, Dawid scanned the buildings again, this time with binoculars. Maybe he'd see something this time. He also checked south, and oriented his weapon in that direction.

"Dieter, you and Thor please locate and eliminate any spotters in the buildings."

They were shot up, but still mobile and in much better shape than the enemy. Unfortunately, they still seemed to have a lot of fight left in them, too. He noted Ondar was missing and presumed he was dead, but stifled his grief for later and crossed himself instead. "Farewell, my friend," he said softly.

"Kapitan, my detachment is still in good shape. Why not we lead off with Woj as a guide, you and the rest follow, Thor and Dieter can delay any pursuit, then catch up. When we reach the bridge we set up the antenna and call for the Queen to pick up the wounded? I don't want to leave, but I can appreciate Jan and others might be too injured to travel fast for very long."


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (70/100 + 100)

Inside Cat House, covering the south.

Dieter Brandt
 player, 225 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Fri 1 Oct 2010
at 10:45
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Hearing Thor's comments, and Dawid's instructions, Dieter spoke up. "Thor, identify targets for me, show me where their spotters are."

With that he moved his PSG-1 to face East again, as that appeared to be a more imminent threat for now. Once Thor has identified the threat he will start sniping again.

Dieter Brandt
Moving his aim back to the East once Thor has identified targets
PSG-1 - 20/20 rounds
AK-74 - 30/30 slung over shoulder
1x Frag 2x Smoke

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1283 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Sat 2 Oct 2010
at 00:43
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Bayer nods silently to Mariusz and releases his grip on Woj. He then looks over at Jan and then down to his wound, as he answers. "Right... hang in."

"Robert. Stick with him. Quyen too, stay close."

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
"Konrad, Mariusz suggested using the bridge, ah, whatever you call it, on this side as a rally point."


"Yes. I wanted to use it... you know, to cross the highway without without exposing ourselves." Bayer replies. "But if we need to hold, then again, it's the place to go."

Bayer then says, "Time's up. Ok, Dawid. Take lead with Lieutenant Sutherland, Mariusz and Woj and head for the bridge. It's only about half a kilometer from here. Jan's team follow up in the center, me included. Sniper det and Warren on rear security."

Lead: Dawid/Craig/Mariusz/Woj
Center: Bayer/Jan/Tucker/Quyen
Rear:Dieter/Warren/Thor

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2080 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sat 2 Oct 2010
at 09:26
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Understood, Kapitan."

He turned to the members of his detachment, after surveying the terrain ahead.

"Mariusz, Craig, Woj, on me. We're on point, our objective is the base of the bridge. Our first bound is to what looks like the park entrance, to the north-northwest.

"Dieter, Thor, continue observation and suppressing the spotters on high ground, maybe they won't know exactly where we've gone if we put out their eyes. Withdraw on Dieter's discretion, you are the rear guard.

"Everyone else, on the Kapitan and cover our bound. Once we complete our bound, we will cover your movement."

"Let's move."



Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (70/100 + 100)

Inside Cat House, Organising the first bound of the element towards the front entrance to the park.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:36, Sat 02 Oct 2010.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 939 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Sat 2 Oct 2010
at 14:14
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Konrad Bayer:
Bayer nods silently to Mariusz and releases his grip on Woj. He then looks over at Jan and then down to his wound, as he answers. "Right... hang in."

"Robert. Stick with him. Quyen too, stay close."

Lead: Dawid/Craig/Mariusz/Woj
Center: Bayer/Jan/Tucker/Quyen
Rear:Dieter/Warren/Thor

Tucker finishes up the bandage on Jan's arm and helps him up so they could get ready to move.  "Don't worry boss, we'll get the handicapped out of here.  Stick with me and my Mom here Jan and we'll get your ass outta here!  Mom's been helping me out so now maybe I can return the favor.  You get anything short that may come up, we'll worry about the rest!"

TUCKER
M-16A2 [25/30] / M-203 [HE] - {SINGLE-SHOT}
H&K SOCOM Pistol [10/12] (Holstered)
Slung Romanian AK-74 [30/30]
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]
[1] Mag 5.56N [12/30] (BDU Pocket)

Salvaged Gear:
Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[19] AK-74 Mags

Getting ready to move out with the center group

This message was last edited by the player at 14:15, Sat 02 Oct 2010.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 809 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sat 2 Oct 2010
at 15:27
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Got it," Mariusz said and started to move out toward the northwest exit. He was careful to try and keep the last remains of the Cat House between him and any enemy fire.

Mariusz
AK-74/BG1 (31/30) ?/1
Running to the NW

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 119 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Sat 2 Oct 2010
at 16:47
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
While Thor and Dieter try to get a shot on the spotters to the East, Jeff keeps watch to the south, making sure no one moves up on them.  Once the rest of the unit has moved away, Jeff signals to the snipers that they've left, and gets ready to move, covering rear security.
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1983 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 2 Oct 2010
at 16:54
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

With the command team set up to cover them, Dawid leads the point element (Mariusz, Craig, & Woj) towards the zoo entrance to the northwest. They move quickly but cautiously, using the little cover and concealment available to their advantage. (Before they left, Craig was going to take a shot at the lone survivor of the enemy's northern flanking group. It appears that the man escaped though, because Craig could not find him.)

They arrive at the smashed visitor's entrance and parking lot, now empty save for the shrivelled, burned-out remains of a couple of cars and city buses, and the rusting chasis of what was once probably a ZU-23-4.

The command team watch the point team complete the first bound. No enemy have yet been sighted in the northern half of the battle area. The lull in the action allows Tucker to inspect and rebandange Jan's wound. He readjusts and cinches the bandage tight and, despite making the wound area more painful, appears to have mostly staunched the bloodflow.

Meanwhile, the sniper detachment (Dieter, Thor, & Warren) sets up to try and engage the enemy to the east- in particular, the enemy soldiers who've climbed atop the rubbled apartment block overlooking the park. There's still a lot of smoke from the burning BTR-80 but, working together, they spot movement sillouetted against the risen sun. With Thor acting as spotter, Dieter opens fire. The figure disappears as Dieter's bullet strikes a slab of concrete a few inches from its head. (Dieter -1 round)

Warren looks to the south, keeping watch for the arrival of the enemy group last seen occupying the Aviary. The Giraffe House blocks most of his view. If the enemy uses the cluster of buildings to the south to their advantage, they could move all the way up to the Giraffe House without being seen. It's likely, though, that the enemy is in a similar position of not knowing exactly where the the party is (or they are not able to effectively coordinate between separate units) because the mortar has not fired in several minutes.


Next Moves?


Updated tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...7&mid=1286036156

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:45, Sat 02 Oct 2010.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 810 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sat 2 Oct 2010
at 17:30
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Mariusz crouched behind what little cover there was and looked at the grenade launcher he was using. On the left, under the safety catch, was a small latch. He pressed it experimentally and realised it was spring loaded. He tipped the stubby barrely forward and pushed the latch hoping that it would release the round that hadn't gone off and remained in the barrel.

He looked around and said, "I'm trying to clear the grenade launcher does anyone have any rounds for the damned thing?"

Mariusz
AK-74/BG1 (31/30) ?/1
Clearing jammed BG1

Craig Sutherland
 player, 221 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sat 2 Oct 2010
at 21:03
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

Mariusz Tokarski:
He looked around and said, "I'm trying to clear the grenade launcher does anyone have any rounds for the damned thing?"



"Here."

Craig hands over two of the 40mmR HE grenades he got from Woj. As he scans the rear section looking for the command group moving forward and any enemy advancement.

Point Team
Covering team adavce

AK-74/BG-15 (30/30) + 1x30 (0/1 HE) + 3x40mm HE- held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 0 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) + 5x45 - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1284 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Sun 3 Oct 2010
at 01:46
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Seeing Dawid's team reach the parking lot, Bayer nods to Tucker and says, "Ok Robert, our move, lead us out."
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2084 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sun 3 Oct 2010
at 02:09
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #172):

Having made it safely, Dawid waved at Konrad to signal it was safe.

"Excellent, well done. 360 degree security.... Mariusz and I will watch south and east, Craig, keep an eye on the rear. Woj, have a look north, see where we should travel next."

He set up the GMPG's bipod on a concrete barrier, covering the SE so it could be easily swung from side to side.


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (70/100 + 100)

Zoo Entrance, covering SE

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 811 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sun 3 Oct 2010
at 10:31
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Thanks," Mariusz said to Craig after he'd handed him two rounds for the BG-1. He slid one into the cargo pocket of his trousers and then loaded the other round into the barrel of the grenade launcher.

He heard the spring click into place and then slid the safety catch upwards. He settled himself down to covering the south and east as Dawid had indicated.

Mariusz
AK-74/BG1 (31/30) 1HE/1
Overwatch to the south and east.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 940 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Sun 3 Oct 2010
at 16:01
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Konrad Bayer:
Seeing Dawid's team reach the parking lot, Bayer nods to Tucker and says, "Ok Robert, our move, lead us out."

Tucker nods to Bayer and taps Jan on the leg, "Right boss!  C'mon Jan!  Me and you got the lead out of here.  My Mom and Konrad will cover our backs!"  Robert leads 'center' and stays with Jan during the move towards the bridge where Dawid is setting up cover after their bound.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [25/30] / M-203 [HE] - {SINGLE-SHOT}
H&K SOCOM Pistol [10/12] (Holstered)
Slung Romanian AK-74 [30/30]
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]
[1] Mag 5.56N [12/30] (BDU Pocket)

Salvaged Gear:
Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[19] AK-74 Mags

Moving towards the bridge towards Dawid and taking up cover for the sniper team there as they made their way back, and of course, staying with and assisting Jan

This message was last edited by the player at 16:02, Sun 03 Oct 2010.

Jan Cerny
 player, 714 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Sun 3 Oct 2010
at 21:10
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Though his arm hurt more now Jan was grateful to Tuck for his help in tying off the bandage around it, ensuring that the bleeding was slowed as much as possible.  He had thanked Tuck at the time, promising to buy him a beer at the first opportunity.  Or a glass of wine if a decent bottle could be found in this chaotic country!

Now it was mostly mental for Jan - he had to keep himself moving despite the blood loss he'd suffered.  Refreshment and rest were what he needed now but they would have to wait until he was clear of the enemy!

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker:
Tucker nods to Bayer and taps Jan on the leg, "Right boss!  C'mon Jan!  Me and you got the lead out of here.  My Mom and Konrad will cover our backs!"  Robert leads 'center' and stays with Jan during the move towards the bridge where Dawid is setting up cover after their bound.


"Yes my friend," replied Jan, focussing himself and trying to psyche himself up to continue moving.  He drew his pistol and moved off, following behind Tuck, ready to back him up as necessary.


Jan
Drawing his pistol, moving off with Tuck, ready to back him up if necessary.
F88 Steyr AUG (10/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - slung on shoulder
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HEDP - 8x HE, 4x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - held

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 233 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Mon 4 Oct 2010
at 05:44
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Time go?" Thor inquired unsurely of Bragi and the Huldrekall, no order having yet been received. It was beginning to feel like they'd been left swinging in the breeze as everyone else made their getaway.

Thor "The Thunderer"
Laying prone, observing eastward, transfering one round between mags
Waiting on the word to move
Barret M82A1 ("Mjollnir") (10/10) + 3x10 + 1x7
PM-63 (25/25) + 1x25
H & K USP-9SD, 9mm (15/15) + 3x15
M-26A1 hand grenade, x4
Bayonet/knife
Individual Tactical Radio

Dieter Brandt
 player, 227 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Mon 4 Oct 2010
at 11:25
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
As the others moved away Dieter kept hidden in the debris around the cat house.

To Thor he said, "We wait until the others are clear. They have wounded and we need to cover. If you see someone on the rooftop, take his fucking head off."

To Warren he said, "Warren, keep an eye South. Sniping only, no blasting. Aim for officers or radiomen. We withdraw shortly."

With that he hit transmit on his manpack radio, "Lightning-1 this is Thunder-2. Please advise when Hailstorm-1 and friends are close to reaching your location."

Dieter Brandt
Covering the East while speaking to Dawid on the radio
PSG-1 - 19/20 rounds
AK-74 - 30/30 slung over shoulder
1x Frag 2x Smoke

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1988 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Mon 4 Oct 2010
at 23:35
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

The command group, partially covered by the advance group and the sniper detachment, breaks cover and heads towards the zoo entrance. They make it about 3/4 of the way there before coming under desultory fire from the east. Dawid and Mariusz quickly spot the source of the fire. Enemy infantry have moved into a cluster of ruined buildings directly to the east of the park entrance parking lot. Dawid immediately opens fire with the PKM, driving the enemy into cover and halting their fire. Konrad and the others arrive a half-minute later. (Dawid -10 rounds)

Thor, Dieter, and Warren continue to provide cover from their positions in the shadow of the Cat House. They are now Warren, keeping watch to the south, spots movement at the southwest corner of the Ape House. Although they haven't been as aggressive in the last 10 minutes or so, the enemy have not been idle. They may have given up on making direct assaults on the party, but they seem somewhat determined not to let you break contact all together.


Next Moves?


Updated tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...7&mid=1286234355
Craig Sutherland
 player, 222 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Tue 5 Oct 2010
at 00:18
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

Craig watched as the command group picked their way to the new position through the barren landscape of what was the zoo. He covered their advance looking for any sign of the enemy in his assigned sector and in any of recently abandoned buildings the team had been occupying. He ducked lower behind the rubble wall as the fire from the infantry to the east began and reorientated his body to face the new threat.

Turning Craig raised the muzzle of his AK-47 higher and aimed the GP-25 grenade launcher towards the infantry. Quickly scanning the rubble he tried to find either a cluster of men or a MG position before concentrating on his aim and firing. He then slightly lower the rifle and tried to acquire a target in his sights.


Dawids Team
Firing on Eastern infantry

AK-74/BG-15 (30/30) + 1x30 (1/1 HE) + 3x40mm HE- held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 0 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) + 5x45 - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade
Dieter Brandt
 player, 228 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Tue 5 Oct 2010
at 07:46
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Hearing the exchange of fire between the point team and the unknown enemy, Dieter readjusted his position.

"Thor, keep an eye on the roof."

He then shifted his body to look to the northeast to see if he could identify who or what the point team were shooting at. If he can identify a target, he will take the shot.

Dieter Brandt
Adjusting to look for targets to the NE, firing if targets acquired
PSG-1 - 19/20 rounds
AK-74 - 30/30 slung over shoulder
1x Frag 2x Smoke

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 234 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Tue 5 Oct 2010
at 12:11
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Thor looked at Dieter and blinked in astonishment.
"Bragi crazy!"
"Need leave NOW!"

Somebody needed a lesson in tactics. The withdrawing "teams" should probably have moved in leapfrogging bounds rather than leave three snipers sitting alone several hundred metres from the nearest friendly person.
"Haptabeiđir this is Thor. Enemy Dřkkálfar closing."
Serious concern could be clearly heard in his voice.
"Thor not move fast. Over."

Thor "The Thunderer"
Laying prone, observing eastward
Speaking on radio
Barret M82A1 ("Mjollnir") (10/10) + 3x10 + 1x7
PM-63 (25/25) + 1x25
H & K USP-9SD, 9mm (15/15) + 3x15
M-26A1 hand grenade, x4
Bayonet/knife
Individual Tactical Radio

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 120 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Tue 5 Oct 2010
at 12:17
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Jeff says calmly to the snipers, "Movement to our south.  Full squad plus.  Time to go."

If the snipers decide it's time to bug out, Jeff fires off a pair of shots to discourage the group at the Ape House before they all evade.  Jeff will lead them WNW, hoping to get into the low ground by the river to get some cover.


Jeff Warren
1 Aimed + 1 Quick shot to Ape house baddies
AK103w/POSP4x24 [30/30]

This message was last edited by the player at 13:19, Tue 05 Oct 2010.

Dieter Brandt
 player, 229 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Tue 5 Oct 2010
at 12:48
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Looking at Thor and Jeff, Dieter quietly nodded. He had wanted to give the others more time to withdraw, but it looked like they were running out of time.

"Okay, change of plan. Hit that unit to the south with everything we have, then we get out of here fast."

Grabbing the radio he signalled the others, "Thunder moving in 5 seconds, cover requested."

With that he followed Jeff's direction and located targets the south. He spied a likely victim and simply said, "Okay, on my mark. 3...2...1...fire."

With that he unleashed hell, firing as many shots as he could in a 5 second burst. Hopefully Jeff and Thor would do the same.

Dieter Brandt
Rapid firing to the south, then preparing to move and rejoin with the rest of the unit
PSG-1 - 19/20 rounds
AK-74 - 30/30 slung over shoulder
1x Frag 2x Smoke

This message was last edited by the player at 12:58, Tue 05 Oct 2010.

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 235 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Tue 5 Oct 2010
at 13:29
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Thor didn't wait any longer. Heavily laden as he was he needed every second he could grab to cover the distance.
Snatching up over 18 kilograms of loaded Mjollnir, he lumbered westward without a word towards the river while Dieter and Warren laid down some rounds. Ten seconds and about thirty metres on, he hit the ground near the corner of the cat house and began searching for targets ready to provide cover for the other two men.

Thor "The Thunderer"
Moving at a lumbering run westward
Barret M82A1 ("Mjollnir") (10/10) + 3x10 + 1x7
PM-63 (25/25) + 1x25
H & K USP-9SD, 9mm (15/15) + 3x15
M-26A1 hand grenade, x4
Bayonet/knife
Individual Tactical Radio

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 812 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Tue 5 Oct 2010
at 15:53
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Despite his reloaded grenade launcher, Mariusz held his fire in order to wait for a better chance of causing mayhem. He aimed his rifle at one of the gaps between the buildings where the enemy were sheltering. If a target presented itself he intended to fire his rifle at it.

Mariusz
AK-74 (31/30) BG-1 (1HE/1)
Overwatch

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2085 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 6 Oct 2010
at 10:10
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
In reply to Dieter Brandt (msg #187):

Dawid received Dieter's call for assistance, but knew from his position they couldn't provide covering fire as the rear element was in his line of fire. Instead, he continued spraying the area to the east with short bursts to keep their heads down.

"Mariusz, targets east."


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (60/100 + 100)

Zoo Entrance, covering fire: E

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 942 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Wed 6 Oct 2010
at 22:44
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Cap'n Rae:
The command group, partially covered by the advance group and the sniper detachment, breaks cover and heads towards the zoo entrance. They make it about 3/4 of the way there before coming under desultory fire from the east. Dawid and Mariusz quickly spot the source of the fire. Enemy infantry have moved into a cluster of ruined buildings directly to the east of the park entrance parking lot. Dawid immediately opens fire with the PKM, driving the enemy into cover and halting their fire. Konrad and the others arrive a half-minute later. (Dawid -10 rounds)
Next Moves?

As the group catches up to Dawid, Robert makes sure that Jan is under cover before he posts up to give some return fire for the sniper team.  "Where the fuck is that fire coming from?  Start your next bound and we'll cover the sniper team from here."  Tucker looks for targets and begins to engaqge with single-shot fire while the sniper team tries to make his way towards his position.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [25/30] / M-203 [HE] - {SINGLE-SHOT}
H&K SOCOM Pistol [10/12] (Holstered)
Slung Romanian AK-74 [30/30]
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]
[1] Mag 5.56N [12/30] (BDU Pocket)

Salvaged Gear:
Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[19] AK-74 Mags

Preparing to give covering fire for the sniper team

This message was last edited by the player at 22:45, Wed 06 Oct 2010.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1989 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Wed 6 Oct 2010
at 23:10
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

Looking northwest, Craig can see the remains of the highway bridge. Only the jagged stumps of a couple of the reinforced concrete pylons that used to hold up the now shattered and sumberged span remain standing.

Dawid and Mariusz fire at the enemy infantry in the remains of the buildings to the east. The fire reduces the enemy's freedom of movement and has, so far, greatly reduced the volume of incoming fire. (Dawid -10 rounds; Mariusz -1 round)

Warren and Dieter both fire at the enemy advancing from the south. The fleeting figures of the enemy soldiers disappear behind cover as bullets gouge into the concrete of the Ape House. Once again, the enemy are not being particularly aggressive. Thor is the first to move, followed by Warren and Dieter. They take a jog to the west before cutting to their right (north) and heading for the zoo entrance parking lot. This route will reduce their exposure to fire from the enemy group to the east. When they are well clear of the Cat House, an explosion rocks the outdoor enclosure just a few meters from the snipers' recently abandoned positions. The enemy mortar crew appear to have gotten back to work. There's not a lot of cover to the west of the Cat House- just a few tree stumps- and the sniper detachment is vulnerable to direct fire from the south. If the enemy around the Ape House gets their act together, the sniper detachment could be in a heap of trouble. (Dieter -5 rounds; Warren -3 rounds)


Next Moves?


Updated Tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...7&mid=1286406221
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2086 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Thu 7 Oct 2010
at 01:42
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #192):

Grunting in satisfaction, Dawid started picking up the PKM for transit. The resuming of mortar fire was bad but at least it wasn't coming down on their heads.

"Okay, let us start our next bound now. Woj and Craig, you lead. Mariusz and I will follow. Head towards the left side of the bridge so we can get under. The main body will cover us. If we get split up then meet at the bridge and keep going north."

"Any questions? Let's go! Kapitan, some cover fire please?"

"Moving!"



Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (50/100 + 100)
Park Entrance
Moving WNW towards the bridge.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:30, Thu 07 Oct 2010.

Dieter Brandt
 player, 232 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Thu 7 Oct 2010
at 07:33
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
After letting loose with a volley of fire at the targets to the south, Dieter quickly got to his feet and retreated, following after the lumbering furry mound that was Thor. A quick glance to the left (south) told him that the units there had been temporarily slowed, but not for long. He quickly keyed into his radio, "Thunder on the move."

As he moved he felt a blast from behind him as a mortar round fell just a few metres away from where he had just been. A few small bit of debris bounced off his helmet and span away harmlessly. That was too close. He picked up the speed as he kept low and followed the path west, then moved to the north.

Another glance over his shoulder showed that they were badly exposed. He pulled one of the smoke grenades from his webbing and quickly pulled the pin. After a bried pause to check the wind he rolled the grenade behind him, hopefully creating a nice wall of smoke to give them some cover from the unit to the south. He then continued to the north as quickly as he could, keeping low to avoid being spotted from the east.

Dieter Brandt
Moving West then North, pausing briefly as he heads North to roll (not throw) a smoke grenade
PSG-1 - 14/20 rounds
AK-74 - 30/30 slung over shoulder
1x Frag 1x Smoke

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 813 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Thu 7 Oct 2010
at 16:53
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Mariusz heard Dawid's orders and ran for the next bound point. His breath came in ragged gouts and he scanned the ground in front of him to avoid anything that might trip him up.

Mariusz
AK-74/BG-1 (30/30) 1HE/1
Running for the next bound

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1285 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Thu 7 Oct 2010
at 19:46
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Dieter Brandt:
He quickly keyed into his radio, "Thunder on the move."


Bayer replies back, "Roger. Keep moving."

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
"Kapitan, some cover fire please?"</Blue>


Bayer holds up a hand, acknowledging and waving for his team to go as he settles into a kneeling postion. He then says, "Jan go with them for this bound. Everyone else, rapid fire."

Selecting one of the enemy towards the east, Bayer will fire off three shots.

Bayer
G36/HK69 (28/30) (1/1 HEDP)
Firing (1) aimed and (2) quick shots at east enemy
Kneeling next to the visitor center

This message was last edited by the player at 23:39, Thu 07 Oct 2010.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 224 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Thu 7 Oct 2010
at 23:51
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

Snapping his attention to the present situation Craig raises his rifle to his should just as Dawid indicates the move for the next bound. He rises and moves toward the next point as fast as his leg will allow. He takes a quick glance to make sure Woj is following and adds:

”Keep close and low.”

He keeps his AK-74 at his shoulder as he moves towards the base of the bridge. Once under the bridge he turns to cover the next group, but does not fire unless they are fired upon.

”All call signs this is Lighting-4, in position.”



Point Team
Moving and covering

AK-74/BG-15 (30/30) + 1x30 (1/1 HE) + 3x40mm HE- held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 0 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) + 5x45 - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade
Jan Cerny
 player, 716 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Fri 8 Oct 2010
at 00:01
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Konrad Bayer:
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
"Kapitan, some cover fire please?"</Blue>


Bayer holds up a hand, acknowledging and waving for his team to go as he settles into a kneeling postion. He then says, "Jan go with them for this bound. Everyone else, rapid fire."


Pistol in hand, Jan nodded to Konrad in response and then made his way with Dawid's squad for this bound, heading towards the cover of the bridge.  He kept as alert as possible as he moved, continuing to favour his left arm.  With his left hand he gripped his webbing belt in order to keep it as static as possible but allowing him to use it if necessary.


Jan
Joining Dawid's squad for this bound
F88 Steyr AUG (10/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - slung on shoulder
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HEDP - 8x HE, 4x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - held

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 943 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Fri 8 Oct 2010
at 00:21
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Konrad Bayer:
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
"Kapitan, some cover fire please?"</Blue>


Bayer holds up a hand, acknowledging and waving for his team to go as he settles into a kneeling postion. He then says, "Jan go with them for this bound. Everyone else, rapid fire."

Selecting one of the enemy towards the east, Bayer will fire off three shots.

Bayer

Tucker flips his rifle's selector switch from 'single' to 'burst' and targets one of the enemy soldier's coming at them from the east (or, at the east) and begins to deliver accurate (hopefully) burst fire.

<Orange>TUCKER
M-16A2 [25/30] / M-203 [HE] - {BURST-FIRE}
H&K SOCOM Pistol [10/12] (Holstered)
Slung Romanian AK-74 [30/30]
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]
[1] Mag 5.56N [12/30] (BDU Pocket)

Salvaged Gear:
Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[19] AK-74 Mags

Delivering burst fire towards the enemy to the east using best cover possible

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:21, Sat 09 Oct 2010.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 124 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Fri 8 Oct 2010
at 04:24
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
As Dieter tosses his smoke and then takes off, Jeff calls "No wait!." but it's too late and Dieter runs across the open.  Jeff expects the smoke to draw all sorts of enemy fire, so he turns to Thor "I'm going West to the river, then I'll cut north and meet with them.  You might want to follow him since it's faster, or you can come with me."  Before Thor even has time to respond, Jeff double checks to the South, and then sprints to the West.

Once he hits the river bank, he slides down as far out of sight as he can, and then proceeds to make his way north, staying fast but low so as to keep out of sight.
Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 237 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Fri 8 Oct 2010
at 05:52
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Thor groaned as the smoke appeared for the same reasons as the Huldrekall who called themselves Warren.
Again not bothering to reply, he raced as fast as he could for the lower, dead ground along the river bank, every step wondering if a bullet would strike him in the back.

Thor "The Thunderer"
Lumbering to the riverbank
Barret M82A1 ("Mjollnir") (10/10) + 3x10 + 1x7
PM-63 (25/25) + 1x25
H & K USP-9SD, 9mm (15/15) + 3x15
M-26A1 hand grenade, x4
Bayonet/knife
Individual Tactical Radio

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1991 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 9 Oct 2010
at 20:13
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

With hollow popping sounds, incoming rounds start striking the rusting shells of vehicles in northwest zoo entrace parking lot. The enemy to the east are spreading out and finding angles from which to deliver accurate fire.

As Craig, Woj, Dawid, Mariusz, and Jan break to the northwest, Konrad, Tucker, and Minh (NPCed) provide covering fire, delivering rapid single shots and short bursts. They can see their bullets striking the ruined buildings to the east in little puffs of concrete dust. At the moment, the amount of incoming and outgoing fire is about equal. (Konrad -3 rounds; Tucker -6 rounds; Minh -10  rounds)

Harrassed by as-yet inaccurate rifle fire from the south, Dieter pops smoke and runs north towards the command team and the zoo entrance parking lot. Warren and Thor, however, head due west towards the river. Like in the park proper, there are no standing trees here. They must all have been destroyed in the fighting for the bridgehead or by the nuclear blasts over on the west bank. There is a lot of unruly brush on the banks, though, providing concealment, and the gently sloping of the ground as it dips to the river provides some cover. Warren and Thor pass many empty fighting positions. Once they reach the river, the snipers follow the low bank north, towards the blasted remains of the road and rail bridges. (Dieter -1 smoke grenade)

Meanwhile, the lead team makes for the elevated root of the collapsed highway bridge across the Vistula. The bank is not steep, but it is somewhat slippery. The sun hasn't quite found the snow and ice on the west-facing riverbank so it could be worse. The dip in the terrain leading down to the broad river offers perfect naturally cover and soon the team is out of harms way. Looking left (south), Woj is startled by the sudden appearance of two figures making their way north through the heavy underbrush along the riverside. He raises his AK and prepares to fire. Craig recognizes the approaching pair as the sniper detachment and stops Woj just in time. Reunited, the eight men make their way underneath the sagging highway on-ramp and the teetering elevated railway line.

Dieter arrives at the zoo entrance parking lot and joins the belleaguered command team. Bullets buzz and snap around them and ricochet's clang and zing off of the destroyed vehicles which occupy the ghost zoo. At least one enemy grenadier has gone to work, lobbing two HE rifle grenades into the lot where they explode harmlessly among the derelict vehicles. Konrad, Minh, and Tucker have been returning fire, scoring a couple of suspected hits on the enemy force to the east. Glancing back the way he came, Dieter can see movement near the Cat House. The enemy are slowly closing in. If and when they bring their mortar to bear on the zoo entrance parking lot, the command team is going to be in whole world of serious hurt.  (Konrad -10; Tucker -27; Minh -20)


Next Moves?


Updated tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...7&mid=1286651879

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:14, Sat 09 Oct 2010.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1286 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Sat 9 Oct 2010
at 23:46
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Pulling himself back around the corner of the building, Bayer says over the team's gunfire, "Ok. North first, towards and through the wrecks. Then back towards the bridge. Tucker and Quyen... and Dieter and myself. Bounding moves... fast."

He then says, "Covering fire towards and the east group. The south group should be mostly blocked by the visitor center and autos."

Bayer
Moving N first, then W towards the bridge
Firing/Movement with Dieter
G36 (15/30)

This message was last edited by the player at 23:47, Sat 09 Oct 2010.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 225 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sun 10 Oct 2010
at 00:57
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Grabbing the muzzle of Woj's weapon he lifts it slightly:

”If you are going to start shooting, make sure its the right people.”

He took a quick glance along the highway in the direction of the roadblock Warren had indicated on their map.

Turning back to look west he saw the rifle grenades exploding in the car park. With his rifle at his shoulder he moves under the bridge and up the embankment on the other side, he indicates that the snipers and Woj should follow. Once in position he uses the higher ground to cover the command team.


Point Team
Covering fire

AK-74/BG-15 (30/30) + 1x30 (1/1 HE) + 3x40mm HE- held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 0 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) + 5x45 - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade

This message was last edited by the player at 05:14, Sun 10 Oct 2010.

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 238 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Sun 10 Oct 2010
at 07:30
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Still breathing heavily, Thor moved back up the slope to observe the enemy's movements. Although utilising the high powered visual enhancement provided by Járngreipr, he did not intend to take a shot and give away his position unless it would save the life of Haptabeiđir, Tyr, Bragi, or the Valkyrie Mist.

Thor "The Thunderer"
Taking cover to observe the enemy through X10 scope
NOT shooting unless vital to save Konrad, Tucker, Dieter or Minh
Barret M82A1 ("Mjollnir") (10/10) + 3x10 + 1x7
PM-63 (25/25) + 1x25
H & K USP-9SD, 9mm (15/15) + 3x15
M-26A1 hand grenade, x4
Bayonet/knife
Individual Tactical Radio

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 944 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Sun 10 Oct 2010
at 23:36
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Cap'n Rae:
With hollow popping sounds, incoming rounds start striking the rusting shells of vehicles in northwest zoo entrace parking lot. The enemy to the east are spreading out and finding angles from which to deliver accurate fire.

As Craig, Woj, Dawid, Mariusz, and Jan break to the northwest, Konrad, Tucker, and Minh (NPCed) provide covering fire, delivering rapid single shots and short bursts. They can see their bullets striking the ruined buildings to the east in little puffs of concrete dust. At the moment, the amount of incoming and outgoing fire is about equal. (Konrad -3 rounds; Tucker -6 rounds; Minh -10  rounds)

Dieter arrives at the zoo entrance parking lot and joins the belleaguered command team. Bullets buzz and snap around them and ricochet's clang and zing off of the destroyed vehicles which occupy the ghost zoo. At least one enemy grenadier has gone to work, lobbing two HE rifle grenades into the lot where they explode harmlessly among the derelict vehicles. Konrad, Minh, and Tucker have been returning fire, scoring a couple of suspected hits on the enemy force to the east. Glancing back the way he came, Dieter can see movement near the Cat House. The enemy are slowly closing in. If and when they bring their mortar to bear on the zoo entrance parking lot, the command team is going to be in whole world of serious hurt.  (Konrad -10; Tucker -27; Minh -20)

Next Moves?

Tuck will continue to lay down covering fire throughout the field whereever he thinks it's needed.  He will also keep watch for his peoploe movingbackto them or any new threats that pop up.


Konrad Bayer:
Pulling himself back around the corner of the building, Bayer says over the team's gunfire, "Ok. North first, towards and through the wrecks. Then back towards the bridge. Tucker and Quyen... and Dieter and myself. Bounding moves... fast."

He then says, "Covering fire towards and the east group. The south group should be mostly blocked by the visitor center and autos."

Bayer

After emptying his rifles magazine, Tucker drops back behind cover, calls out, "Loading,", switches out the empty magazine to his cargo pocket, then loads a fresh one to his M-16's magwell and then lets the bolt go forward chambering the round.  "Ready," he says as he pops out slightly from behind cover and begins to re-engage targets as they present themselves.

When Konrad gives the new order to move to the bridge, Robert will get up next to Minh and tap her on the shoulder when he's ready to move.  "Are you ready to leave Mother?  I'll lead us out," he says with a wink and a smile as he moves out as quick as he can to get to the bridge.  He will look back to make sure that Minh is still following him and then get to a position to cover Konrad and Dieter on their bound.

<Orange>Tucker
M-16A2 [22/30] / M-203 [HE] - {BURST-FIRE}
H&K SOCOM Pistol [10/12] (Holstered)
Slung Romanian AK-74 [30/30]
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]
[1] Mag 5.56N [12/30] (BDU Pocket)
[1] Empty 30 round mag (BDU Pocket)


Salvaged Gear:
Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[19] AK-74 Mags

Moving out with Minh trying to get to cover and let the next team bound

This message was last edited by the player at 23:43, Sun 10 Oct 2010.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2088 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Mon 11 Oct 2010
at 08:50
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
In reply to Craig Sutherland (msg #183):

"Jan, good to see you, you are wounded!"

Seeing Craig getting set up to provide cover fire, Dawid decided on the next phase of the plan.

"Craig, you can cover from up there, Jan spots. Mariusz and I will provide cover from down here."

"Mister Warren, if you would be so kind, please take your men and scout ahead with Woj because we need to determine a path to the north. We may stay here, I doubt it."

"Come on, Mariusz! Back the way we came."


Taking the PKM, he doubled-back to where the Wybrzeze Helski road crossed under the road bridge. Using the edge of the southern abutment for cover, he set up the PKM where it could cover the parking lot and eastwards to allow the command group to withdraw.

"Mariusz, reload the machine-gun, please. Just link the belt to the one in there, thanks."


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (50/100 + 100)
Southern Bridge Abutment

Moving to back-track south, then covering to E/SE.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:51, Mon 11 Oct 2010.

Dieter Brandt
 player, 233 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Mon 11 Oct 2010
at 11:11
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
After moving quickly, Dieter caught up with Konrad, Tuck and Minh. He took cover close by, and set himself up to provide cover. Glancing around, he realised that Warren and Thor weren't there. Looking further around he just spotted the lumbering frame of Thor disappearing down the embankment towards the river. He guessed Warren had gone the same way.

Heaing Konrad's order, he pointed his rifle East, quickly glancing to see if any spotters on the apartment block had presented themselves. If they had, they were going to be targetted. If not, he would refocus on the more immediate threat to the East and provide covering fire, aiming to wound where possible rather than kill.

After providing cover fire he was ready for Konrad to order another bounding retreat.

Dieter Brandt
In cover with Konrad, covering East then bounding when ordered
PSG-1 - 14/20 rounds
AK-74 - 30/30 slung over shoulder
1x Frag 1x Smoke

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 241 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Mon 11 Oct 2010
at 11:33
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Svafrlami where is Óđr?" Thor asked Craig after a quick glance around and noticing Ondar was missing.
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 814 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Mon 11 Oct 2010
at 17:21
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Mariusz dropped down beside Dawid and pulled out the last of the machinegun ammunition he was carrying. He attatched the two belts and said, "OK, it's done!"

He held the belt for his gunner to ensure that teh longer belt didn't kink or tangle in a way that would inhibit Dwaid from raining death on the enemy.
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1994 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Mon 11 Oct 2010
at 20:27
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

The command team fires off a few more rounds in response to the heavy enemy fire. Bullets are snapping around, dangerously close. Rounds are passing clear through some of the rusted out hulks between the command team and the enemy. Fire is starting to come in from the south as well, although the brick shell of the ticket shack is absorbing most of it. (Konrad -10 rounds; Tucker -15 rounds; Minh -20 rounds)

As the point team and sniper detachment (sans Dieter) set up behind the highway embankment to provide cover fire for the hard-pressed command team, Tucker leads Konrad, Minh, and Dieter north, using the meager cover provided by the badly rusted shells of civilian and military vehicles littering the zoo entrance parking lot.

Another rifle grenade burst several meters away from Tucker, showering the whole team with droplets of melted snow. The percussion of the explosive concussion takes some of the air out of Tucker's lungs but leaves him (and the others) unwounded. The incongruant smells of water vapor and the smoke produced by the explosives create a slightly nauseating aromatic melange.

A much larger explosion behind them knocks Dieter off balance and he stumbles and falls in the snow. The command team is showered with flakes of rust. A mortar bomb probably scored a direct hit on the remains of a car, blasting the badly corroded frame into tiny bits. Dieter scrambles to his feet and continues moving north.

As Thor and Warren (NPC'ed) look for a good spot to set up shop, Dawid and Craig and Woj begin firing at the enemy in the rubbled buildings to the east. The road emankment is an almost ideal firing position, offering cover and a raised vantage point. Dawid begins burning through another belt of ammunition, trying desperately to lessen the mounting pressure on the command team. Craig and Woj also empty a magazine each in support. The effect is noticeable. Enemy fire (from the east) on the command team lets up enough for them to break cover and sprint west for the river bank. Long-range fire is still zipping in towards the fleeing command team from the Cat House to the southeast. Dieter feels a tug at his belt followed by a cold, wet sensation spreading down his left leg. At first he thinks he's hit but he soon realizes that a bullet must have punched a hole in one of his canteens. (Dawid -50 rounds; Craig -30 rounds; Woj -30 rounds)

Somehow, the command team reaches the river without sustaining any casualties. It is a miraculous escape. Close to the river, the curves in the terrain provide both cover and concealment from the enemy groups to the east and southeast.


Next Moves?


Updated tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...7&mid=1286826796
Jan Cerny
 player, 717 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Mon 11 Oct 2010
at 22:19
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
"Jan, good to see you, you are wounded!"

Seeing Craig getting set up to provide cover fire, Dawid decided on the next phase of the plan.

"Craig, you can cover from up there, Jan spots. Mariusz and I will provide cover from down here."


Jan found a piece of wall to lean against and spotted for Craig as instructed.  He kept himself ready to move however, in case Konrad ordered Dawid's team to continue bounding further away from the enemy forces.

"Dawid," he replied, favouring his left arm.  "The bullet went clean through so I should be ok if we can get clear and hold up for a while."

He kept his pistol ready in his right hand in case a target suddenly appeared close to their position.


Jan
Spotting for Craig unless Konrad orders them to continue moving, in which case he will do so.
F88 Steyr AUG (10/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - slung on shoulder
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HEDP - 8x HE, 4x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - held

Craig Sutherland
 player, 226 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Tue 12 Oct 2010
at 07:39
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

Opening one of the ammunition pouches on his PLCE Craig replaces the magazine in his AK and continues laying down fire to cover the movement of the group. He tries to identify individual targets to engage especially the firer of the rifle grenades.


Point Team
Laying down fire

AK-74/BG-15 (45/45) + 1x30 (1/1 HE) + 3x40mm HE- held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 0 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) + 5x45 - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade
Dieter Brandt
 player, 235 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Tue 12 Oct 2010
at 07:50
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Dieter followed Tuck, Minh and Konrad through the parking lot, keeping low to avoid the sporadic enemy fire. Suddenly a big explosion behind him knocked him off balance, and he stumbled across the lot and tripped up. As he shook his head clear his ears rang, blocking out any other noise. Adrenaline pumping, he scrambled back to his feet and scurried off after the others. As he continued to run he felt tracers pinging off the rusty cars around him.

Suddenly a feeling of dread hit him. He felt a tug at his waist, and an uncomfortable sensation as a wet patch formed on his leg. Fearing the worst he rached down and touched the area. He brought his hand up and was very relieved to see no blood. The shock gave him a boost, and he accelerated to catch up with the others.

As they reach Dawid's team he ducks into cover and waits for more instructions.
Jeff D. Warren
 player, 127 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Tue 12 Oct 2010
at 15:26
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Jeff was less than pleased that the prisoner from the Baron's forces was pointing an AK at him.  Fortunately Craig halted him in time, saving the man's life.  Afterwards, Jeff still did not acknowledge the man's presence.

Thor and Warren initially took up a position to cover the command team's retreat.  Once they were back, Warren ducked behind the embankment to listen to orders.  Receiving them first from Dawid, Warren approaches Thor "We're scouting ahead.  Dieter will cover the rear.  Ondar's dead." with this last bit he wiggles the fallen man's SVU-AS slightly on his shoulder to reinforce the point.

As they move north, Jeff says to no one and everyone "If anyone has any mines or grenade traps, now is a good of time as any."  With that, he moves his way carefully north along the river, using his stealth skills to see the enemy before they see him.
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 815 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Tue 12 Oct 2010
at 18:05
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Mariusz looked over at Woj and said, "Take over from me, that's the last of the ammo I'm carrying so you can keep Dawid honest."

He turned to Bayer and said, "Kaptain, the buildings to the north east look like a good place for us to put a sniper team, they can use lower floors to avoid mortar fire and retreat through the buildings. They might delay pursuit long enough to allow us to break contact, having the two sniper teams acting in concert could allow them to survive too."

He paused, "I'd suggest doing it myself but my skills aren't up to the job. We need to break contact somehow or we'll run out of bullets before the Baron runs out of men."
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2093 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Tue 12 Oct 2010
at 23:11
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Thanks for the belt and that's a good idea, Mariusz. Woj, c'mere, please."

He handed him the last spare belt in its ammo can, then resumed suppressive fire to the SE, firing short bursts unless a worthwhile target presents itself.


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (100/100 + 100)

Southern Bridge Abutment
Covering Fire SE

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 242 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Wed 13 Oct 2010
at 01:41
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Thor was near exhausted. He'd barely eaten anything since the day before, and was carrying the heaviest load by far of everyone. And then there was the fact he'd had a building collapse on him, forcing him to dig his way out past tonnes of concrete, not to mention the sleep deprivation and almost constant combat since they had been rudely awoken.

"Thor stay," he responded to Warren.
He called to Mariusz. "Máni! Go Huldrekall and Bragi. Watch Huldrekall for Thor."
"Megingjörđ not work so good today."
"Thor need rest."


Thor "The Thunderer"
In cover to observe the enemy through X10 scope
NOT shooting unless vital (concealment of his position is more important)
Barret M82A1 ("Mjollnir") (10/10) + 3x10 + 1x7
PM-63 (25/25) + 1x25
H & K USP-9SD, 9mm (15/15) + 3x15
M-26A1 hand grenade, x4
Bayonet/knife
Individual Tactical Radio

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1997 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Wed 13 Oct 2010
at 01:52
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
"Thanks for the belt and that's a good idea, Mariusz. Woj, c'mere, please."

He handed him the last spare belt in its ammo can, then resumed suppressive fire to the SE, firing short bursts unless a worthwhile target presents itself.


Dawid had to call again because Woj, it appeared, was starting to enjoy shooting at the Baron's regulars. Emptying his second magazine, Woj, not bothering to reload his own weapon, scooted over along the embankment to Dawid and set up on his right side to help feed the hungry PKM. In between bursts, he says with a grin,

"I can't believe we made it through the park! This is fucking crazy!"
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 946 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Wed 13 Oct 2010
at 02:14
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Cap'n Rae:
The command team fires off a few more rounds in response to the heavy enemy fire. Bullets are snapping around, dangerously close. Rounds are passing clear through some of the rusted out hulks between the command team and the enemy. Fire is starting to come in from the south as well, although the brick shell of the ticket shack is absorbing most of it. (Konrad -10 rounds; Tucker -15 rounds; Minh -20 rounds)

As the point team and sniper detachment (sans Dieter) set up behind the highway embankment to provide cover fire for the hard-pressed command team, Tucker leads Konrad, Minh, and Dieter north, using the meager cover provided by the badly rusted shells of civilian and military vehicles littering the zoo entrance parking lot.

Another rifle grenade burst several meters away from Tucker, showering the whole team with droplets of melted snow. The percussion of the explosive concussion takes some of the air out of Tucker's lungs but leaves him (and the others) unwounded. The incongruant smells of water vapor and the smoke produced by the explosives create a slightly nauseating aromatic melange.

A much larger explosion behind them knocks Dieter off balance and he stumbles and falls in the snow. The command team is showered with flakes of rust. A mortar bomb probably scored a direct hit on the remains of a car, blasting the badly corroded frame into tiny bits. Dieter scrambles to his feet and continues moving north.

Next Moves?

Tucker can't believe that he's almost been fucked up again by another explosion.  He tries to shake it off and keep on moving the best he can so they can get the hell out of the area and maybe to some kind of relative safety.  Punching out rounds when he posts up to cover the other ream members, Robert tires to control his breathing and his aim due to the strain he's been putting his body through since they first made contact with the Baron's forces.


Jeff D. Warren:
As they move north, Jeff says to no one and everyone "If anyone has any mines or grenade traps, now is a good of time as any."  With that, he moves his way carefully north along the river, using his stealth skills to see the enemy before they see him.

"I got one and only one Claymore with me.  I don't know when the best time is but, if we don't use it for security if we get outtta here, it may be a good time to leave them a little surprise to slow them down.  We did a lot of damage to them today and I don't think they're going to stop looking for us anytime soon," he tells Warren as he swaps his mostly used magazine (dropping it into the BDU pocket he has dropped the other two) and putting in a full mag into his M-16A2.

Tucker
M-16A2 [22/30] / M-203 [HE] - {BURST-FIRE}
H&K SOCOM Pistol [10/12] (Holstered)
Slung Romanian AK-74 [30/30]
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]
[1] Mag 5.56N [12/30] (BDU Pocket)
[1] Empty 30 round mag (BDU Pocket)
[1] Mag 5.56N [7/30] (BDU Pocket)

Salvaged Gear:
Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[19] AK-74 Mags

This message was last edited by the player at 02:18, Wed 13 Oct 2010.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1998 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Wed 13 Oct 2010
at 22:26
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

The command team passes underneath the remains of the highway and railroad bridge roots and climbs up the slope to join the others behind the embankment. Exhausted, they plop down on the snow-covered embankment a few meters away from Dawid and Woj and try to catch their breath. Everyone is exhausted. You've been running and fighting for over an hour. Your clothing is soaked in sweat and snowmelt. If the morning sun wasn't shining, you'd probably be shivering a lot worse than you already are. Many of you are overburdened with plundered weapons. Most of you, however, are starting to lighten your load by burning through ammunition at an alarming pace.

Warren, despite his fatigue, is already on the move, heading northwest along the river bank, looking for an escape route. Ahead of him, through a tangle of fallen trees, he sees the remains of several residential structures- rustic, single family homes. Like most of the buildings in this part of the city, they show signs of heavy blast damage. Mercifully, they don't appear occupied.

Dawid squeezes off a few more bursts of supressive fire from the PKM. Craig, his wounded thigh throbbing with pain, joins in with a few bursts of his own fire. The enemy in the cluster of buildings to the east a returning fire. Over a dozen enemy troops are firing at the embankment, with only Dawid and Craig returning fire at the moment. Bullets bore into the reverse slope of the highway embankment, kicking up little fountains of snow and soil. A few rounds skip and ricochet off the shattered pavement of the highway. Others buzz and whip-crack overhead. (Dawid -20 rounds; Craig -12 rounds)

Mariusz looks east, along the highway, remembering that Craig had mentioned something about a roadblock/outpost situated about a kilometer up the road. He can't see it from here. For some reason, the enemy missed the opportunity to bring down a squad from the outpost and box-in the intruders in zoological park. Just as Mariusz is about to look away, he notices movement. A jeep-like vehicle is heading towards him. It's about 500m away, moving slowly on the snow and ice covered road. Someone is standing in the bed, behind what appears to be a machine gun. Several pairs of legs dangle over the sides of the small truck. There's probably seven or eight men aboard.


Next Moves?


Updated tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...7&mid=1287008825

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:36, Wed 13 Oct 2010.

Jan Cerny
 player, 720 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Thu 14 Oct 2010
at 08:52
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Konrad.  Tuck.  I've got four STANAG mags if you need more ammo!" he called to his companions.  They were the extra mags of ammo Jan has brought with him from the boat and then salvaged from his pack when they had had to abandon much of their gear.  Though STANAG mags didn't fit his Steyr they had been useful containers to keep the rounds together.  One of the mags was actually short a few rounds from when Jan had removed four bullets to reload his rifle following the ambush at the farm, but that was a minor concern.  It was extra ammo that Konrad and Tuck might well need.  "Let me know if you want any of them!"

Jan then pushed himself off again from where he'd taken a brief rest and started following after Warren as the CIA man now seemed to be lead scout!


Jan
Offering extra mags to Konrad and Tuck and then following after Jeff.
F88 Steyr AUG (10/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - slung on shoulder
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HEDP - 8x HE, 4x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - held

OOC: Rae - Should it become relevant (while I'm away IRL and you need to NPC Jan) and Konrad or Tuck want to take any mags then Jan has 3 STANAG mags with 30 rnds and 1 STANAG mag with 26 rnds

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 947 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Thu 14 Oct 2010
at 10:44
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Jan Cerny:
"Konrad.  Tuck.  I've got four STANAG mags if you need more ammo!" he called to his companions.  They were the extra mags of ammo Jan has brought with him from the boat and then salvaged from his pack when they had had to abandon much of their gear.  Though STANAG mags didn't fit his Steyr they had been useful containers to keep the rounds together.  One of the mags was actually short a few rounds from when Jan had removed four bullets to reload his rifle following the ambush at the farm, but that was a minor concern.  It was extra ammo that Konrad and Tuck might well need.  "Let me know if you want any of them!"

Jan then pushed himself off again from where he'd taken a brief rest and started following after Warren as the CIA man now seemed to be lead scout!

Tuck will reach his left hand out and take two of the four mags from Jan and put them directly into his MOLLE pouches on his grenadiers vest.  "I'm not greedy but, if Konrad don't wnat 'em, I'll take the other two.  How you making out Jan?"
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 816 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Thu 14 Oct 2010
at 15:34
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Enemy vehicle to the east!" Mariusz yelled, "softskin carrying a machinegun and up to eight troops! Watch out!"

He looked over the roadway and yelled directly at Thor, "Thor! Enemy vehicle to the east! Half a kilometer, eight svartalfar!"

Once he'd called out his warnings he ducked lower to the ground, trying to make himself a smaller target. He braced the rifle and trained the grenade launcher on the moving vehicle.

Mariusz
AK-74 (30/30) BG-1 1HE/1
Taking cover and aiming at the jeep

Jan Cerny
 player, 722 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Thu 14 Oct 2010
at 16:24
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker:
Tuck will reach his left hand out and take two of the four mags from Jan and put them directly into his MOLLE pouches on his grenadiers vest.  "I'm not greedy but, if Konrad don't wnat 'em, I'll take the other two.  How you making out Jan?"


Jan passed over two fully loaded STANAG mags to Tuck for the moment but kept the other two in case Konrad wanted some as well.

"If you're short of 40mm grenades I've got some of those as well," he added to Konrad and Tuck with a grin.  "Might as well use them!"
Craig Sutherland
 player, 227 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Thu 14 Oct 2010
at 19:05
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Mariusz Tokarski:
"Enemy vehicle to the east!" Mariusz yelled, "softskin carrying a machinegun and up to eight troops! Watch out!"



”Alright if you have a grenade launcher time to use it.”

He raises his AK and lays his sights on the advancing vehicle. Taking a short breath he exhales slowly as  he waited for them to move into range.

Point Team
Firing on truck

AK-74/BG-15 (33/45) + 1x30 (1/1 HE) + 3x40mm HE- held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 0 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) + 5x45 - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade

This message was last edited by the player at 06:21, Fri 15 Oct 2010.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1287 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Thu 14 Oct 2010
at 19:53
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Mariusz Tokarski:
"Enemy vehicle to the east!" Mariusz yelled, "softskin carrying a machinegun and up to eight troops! Watch out!"


"Hasty ambush." Bayer says quickly, replacing his rifle's magazine with a new one. "Spare the vehicle." He then repeats himself, "Spare the vehicle."

"Dieter... go for the driver." Bayer adds.

- Need to add more after I get a little more time.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2095 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Thu 14 Oct 2010
at 20:47
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Dawid smiled at his friend's obvious relief at having cheated death. "See? I told you it would be all right, God and the Black Madonna are on our side. Have faith!" Still, their miraculous escape had come at a high cost, as Ondar's absence underlined, although it could have been (and could be) a lot worse.

Konrad ordered a hasty ambush, which was something he really couldn't participate too well in if they wanted to capture the transport. "This machinegun won't be too useful. Woj, do you have that rifle Mariusz gave you? Hand it over and let's get under cover, out of the line of sight for those Ukrainian fuckers down there."


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (80/100 + 100)

N. side of bridge abutment
Trading PKM for AK-74

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 128 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Fri 15 Oct 2010
at 04:01
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Warren double times it back to the unit to give his quick report on the buildings ahead.  As he opens his mouth to speak, Konrad calls for the ambush.  Jeff sees his plan, and quickly finds a nice piece of cover to go prone behind, doing his best to blend in.  He takes aim and waits.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:01, Fri 15 Oct 2010.

Dieter Brandt
 player, 236 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Fri 15 Oct 2010
at 07:37
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Konrad Bayer:
"Hasty ambush." Bayer says quickly, replacing his rifle's magazine with a new one. "Spare the vehicle." He then repeats himself, "Spare the vehicle."

"Dieter... go for the driver." Bayer adds.


Hearing Konrad's instruction, Dieter looked around for suitable cover that would provide a good prone firing position. He hit the ground and quickly made himself comfortable. He calmed his breathing and steadied himself, taking careful aim at the head/upper torso of the driver of the vehicle coming towards him. At 500m he would have to focus to make the shot, but he knew he could do it. After a few seconds of preparation, he was ready to make the shot.

To Konrad he simply stated, "Ready."

Once Konrad gave the order to fire he would he gently squeeze the trigger on his PSG-1, sending a small, cold angel of death hurtling towards his opponent that would hopefully remove his head in about half a second's time.

Dieter Brandt
In prone cover by the road, ready to take a single shot at the driver of the vehicle to the East
PSG-1 - 14/20 rounds
AK-74 - 30/30 slung over shoulder
1x Frag 1x Smoke

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2000 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 16 Oct 2010
at 19:15
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

The entire team prepares to ambush the approaching UAZ (or Tarpan-Honker), temporarily ceding fire supremacy to the Ukranians to the east. Incoming rounds continue to skip off of the smashed pavement, buzzing and cracking overhead. A rifle grenade explodes in the road, sending bits of asphalt and slush skyward before raining down on the MG team.

Woj, his high spirits beaten down some by the flurry of incoming fire, reluctantly hands his Tantal over to Dawid.

As soon as Jan sets off after Warren, Warren meets him coming back towards the embankment. They both scramble to find some cover and concealment to the north of the railroad embankment as Konrad calls for the hasty ambush.

The UAZ continues its slow approach towards the bridge ramps. It's not clear if it's moving so slowly because of the snow and ice that still cover the road or because this new enemy group is aware of the party's position on the north side of the road/rail embankments; perhaps it's both. It could stop and disgorge its cargo of fresh enemy troops at any moment. Only a complete fool would drive an unarmored vehicle full of infantry into a firefight, one-sided though it's becoming.

Dieter and Craig have both sited in on the driver of the UAZ with their rifles, awaiting only Konrad's order to open fire. Mariusz takes aim at the truck with the BG-15. Warren doesn't have as good an angle on the driver so he sets his sights on the machine gunner standing in the bed of the truck.


Next Moves?


Updated tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...7&mid=1287255575

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:16, Sat 16 Oct 2010.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1289 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Sun 17 Oct 2010
at 00:11
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
After settling into his position, Bayer looked back and reevaluated the enemy to the south. He wanted the jeep, but wouldn't be able to move the team quick enough with ending up advancing on the vehicle without being hit in enfilade fire. There just wasn't enough time.

If there was one thing he hated, it was changing orders. It led to indecisiveness... but they needed to remain flexible.

"Cancel my last." he says bitterly.

"Sergeant Tucker, take Jan, Quyen, Craig, and Mariusz... move north and secure the nearest covered position."

"Dieter, take the driver now. Sniper det and remainder, open fire!"

Continuing the withdraw to the industrial buildings north
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2096 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sun 17 Oct 2010
at 02:44
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
In reply to Konrad Bayer (msg #232):

Hearing the change of orders, Dawid handed the rifle back and picked up the PKM (which was still right in front of him).

"No need, my friend!"

Keeping low and under cover (or at least concealment from the untended roadside foliage) he aimed the MG and when the others fire started conducting his own grazing fire along the left (north) side of the road. He hoped to hit anyone trying to take cover on their side of the embankment without riddling the jeep. It would be nice to take the vehicle without damage but sometimes there was no choice.


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (80/100 + 100)

North side of road embankment by bridge abutment,
Firing full bursts along the left side of the road after the crew is dealt with.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:46, Mon 18 Oct 2010.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 228 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sun 17 Oct 2010
at 09:26
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

Rolling into a half crouch once he receives the new orders he begins to descend down the embankment keeping as low as possible. He waits for the others to arrive taking the chance to scan the opposite bank and to the north. He also takes a look at his leg, adjusting the bandage if needed.

Point Team
Moving north

AK-74/BG-15 (33/45) + 1x30 (1/1 HE) + 3x40mm HE- held at shoulder
RPG-7D (0/1 HEAT) + 0 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) + 5x45 - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade
Dieter Brandt
 player, 237 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Mon 18 Oct 2010
at 07:42
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Hearing Konrad's order, Dieter responded by simply squeezing the trigger. The 7.62mm round tore towards it's intended target, the vehicle driver. After the round had been released, he quickly adjusted aim to take out more targets, firing several more rounds.

Dieter Brandt
In prone cover by the road, firing aimed shot at vehicle driver followed by continued firing on passengers
PSG-1 - 14/20 rounds
AK-74 - 30/30 slung over shoulder
1x Frag 1x Smoke

Jan Cerny
 player, 724 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Mon 18 Oct 2010
at 16:31
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Having just returned to the main group Jan turned round again and started heading back north, pushing forward as a scout, pistol in hand.

His eyes and ears were still working at least so he kept a watch out and pushed forward, looking for a good position to cover from as Konrad had ordered.


Jan
Scouting northwards, looking for a good position to cover the snipers from when they withdraw.
F88 Steyr AUG (10/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - slung on shoulder
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HEDP - 8x HE, 4x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - held

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 818 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Mon 18 Oct 2010
at 17:36
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Mariusz moved down the incline with the others all the time trying to find a good piece of cover to move to.
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 951 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Mon 18 Oct 2010
at 20:47
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Tucker doesn't say anything other than, "C'MON!"  He takes off after Mariusz looking for the best possible cover he can find to support everyone else.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [22/30] / M-203 [HE] - {BURST-FIRE}
H&K SOCOM Pistol [10/12] (Holstered)
Slung Romanian AK-74 [30/30]
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]
[1] Mag 5.56N [12/30] (BDU Pocket)
[1] Empty 30 round mag (BDU Pocket)
[1] Mag 5.56N [7/30] (BDU Pocket)

Salvaged Gear:
Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[19] AK-74 Mags

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2001 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Mon 18 Oct 2010
at 23:34
Fighting Withdrawal

Dieter takes careful aim at the UAZ's driver and rolls the trigger. An instant later, the UAZ's windshield spiderwebs and it lurches from side to side before sliding to a stop in the middle of the elevated road, about 300m from Dieter's position. A follow-up shot punches another hole in the windshield a couple of inches from the first. The driver puts the UAZ in reverse and starts backing away, bouncing between the concrete retaining walls on either side of the road. A couple of the passengers are knocked from the UAZ and you wouldn't be surprised if one or more had their legs smashed between the truck and the concrete walls. (Dieter -2 rounds)

The PKM gunner in the back of the truck starts firing wildly over the heads of the driver and his shotgun rider as he bounces around in the bed of the retreating UAZ. The fire poses no danger to Dieter or any of his comrades. The gunner seems to realize the foolishness of this action and stops abruptly as the UAZ caromes off the south wall (again).

The road is elevated and there's no way for the passengers to escape other than by jumping from the roadway several meters to the pavement below. Due to the curvature of the road, Dawid can't lay down effective grazing fire. If he hikes himself up towards the top of the embankment, he'll be able to funnel fire down the road between the concrete barriers but he will expose himself to the heavy fire still zipping in from the south.

Jan leads the others north, towards the ruined houses Warren reported seeing along the riverside. The raised road/rail embankment completely screens the group from the Ukranians on the other side. This, however, works both ways and you have no idea what they are up to.


Next Moves?
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1292 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Tue 19 Oct 2010
at 01:14
Re: Fighting Withdrawal
The first group was still moving but Bayer shouts to the remainder still at the highway, "Team movement north. Go!"

Bayer then motions for Dieter to take a bound and he will use cover and movement with him. If any targets are spotted (up to 200 meters) while he is covering Dieter, Bayer will fire two shots (per bound).
Jeff D. Warren
 player, 129 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Tue 19 Oct 2010
at 11:28
Re: Fighting Withdrawal
Dieter had shot the driver before Jeff could get a shot off on the gunner.  He saw the vehicle swerve then crash, and was satisfied enough that they had bought some time before having to deal with that immediate threat.  It was obvious though that they'd be unable to recover the jeep, given the volume of fire still coming in.

He had no problem getting up and leaving again when Bayer called for the withdrawal.  Much better to get shot in the front than in the back.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:29, Tue 19 Oct 2010.

Jan Cerny
 player, 725 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Tue 19 Oct 2010
at 15:05
Re: Fighting Withdrawal
Jan continued heading northwards, looking for a good position to regroup.  There was even a faint chance that they might finally succeed in breaking contact with the Baron's forces!

"Keep going!" he commented both to those near him and to himself.


Jan
Continuing to lead everyone northwards, looking for a suitable location to regroup in.
F88 Steyr AUG (10/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - slung on shoulder
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HEDP - 8x HE, 4x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - held

Dieter Brandt
 player, 238 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Tue 19 Oct 2010
at 15:36
Re: Fighting Withdrawal
Dieter continued to fire another volley at the downed vehicle, aiming to take out at least one tyre, as well as anyone stupid enough to present themselves as an easy target. Hopefully this would also provide a bit of cover for the others who were on the move.

At Konrad's order he will bound North, following the trial laid by the others. He will continue to bound with Konrad, pausing periodically to fire a couple of shots if needed.

Dieter Brandt
In prone cover by the road, firing aimed shot at vehicle driver followed by continued firing on passengers
PSG-1 - 12/20 rounds
AK-74 - 30/30 slung over shoulder
1x Frag 1x Smoke

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 819 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Tue 19 Oct 2010
at 18:44
Re: Fighting Withdrawal
Mariusz kept moving toward the cover in the north, he knew that their movements would be masked by the overpass but also that the the enemy could be doing anything behind the cover. He ground on through the snow and turned to the rest of his group, "Would it be easier to lose them in the industrial sector? There might be more places to hide and less snow to mark our tracks."
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2098 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 20 Oct 2010
at 08:17
Re: Fighting Withdrawal
"Looks like we're last. Not a problem! Keep down, get ready to move. Also, keep an eye on the road to the west, make sure no one is following us from the south through that way."

He fired a few bursts down the road at the crashed UAZ to motivate the survivors to keep their heads down. He was careful to keep out of sight from the south.

"Once everyone is on the move north, we will follow."


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (80/100 + 100)

North side of road embankment by bridge abutment.
Grazing Fire east along the elevated road.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:25, Thu 21 Oct 2010.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 952 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Wed 20 Oct 2010
at 08:21
Re: Fighting Withdrawal
Mariusz Tokarski:
Mariusz kept moving toward the cover in the north, he knew that their movements would be masked by the overpass but also that the the enemy could be doing anything behind the cover. He ground on through the snow and turned to the rest of his group, "Would it be easier to lose them in the industrial sector? There might be more places to hide and less snow to mark our tracks."

"Find us something Mari.  We might just have to do that!"
Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 244 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Wed 20 Oct 2010
at 13:07
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Happy he'd not been required to use any more of his increasingly scarce heavy ammunition, Thor followed Haptabeiđir's instructions and moved off roughly in the middle of the group.
He was getting tired of all the running away though and was very keen to reverse the situation and take the fight to the enemy.

Thor "The Thunderer"
Running away as ordered, again.... :(
Barret M82A1 ("Mjollnir") (10/10) + 3x10 + 1x7
PM-63 (25/25) + 1x25
H & K USP-9SD, 9mm (15/15) + 3x15
M-26A1 hand grenade, x4
Bayonet/knife
Individual Tactical Radio

Craig Sutherland
 player, 229 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Wed 20 Oct 2010
at 18:57
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

Rising as the others move off Craig follows with his AK at his shoulder. He pays close attention to the top of the beam running parallel to the river. At any moment he expects men to move over and attack them.
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2003 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Wed 20 Oct 2010
at 23:54
Riverside Residential Area

After Dieter fires a few more parting shots and the retreating UAZ, he joins the others in moving quickly north towards the destroyed riverside houses. The enemy vehicle is viering so wildly that it's impossible to tell whether he's hit it or not. (Dieter -4 rounds)

You all feel naked as you turn your backs to the relative safety of the road/rail embankments and run across the low, open ground between your just-vacated positions and the ruined residential area up ahead. Thankful, that bullet in the back that you were half-expecting never materializes.

You can hear gunfire, but it's starting to sound distant. Apparently the Ukranians are still firing up the embankment. Perhaps they're even assaulting it. You just hope that you can reach cover before they take the high ground.

Winded and damp with sweat, you make it to the perceived safety of the riverside neighborhood. Not much of any of the widely separated houses here is still standing and their yards are criss-crossed with trenches and large shell holes.

Plopping down behind cover, you look back at your old positions on the embankment. Enemy fire has died down and you see some movement- a head and shoulders popping up here and there to the southeast, and then directly to the south near the teetering roots of the road and rail bridges. The enemy appear to have just "captured" the embankment.


Next Moves?


Updated tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...7&mid=1287618355

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:17, Thu 21 Oct 2010.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1293 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Thu 21 Oct 2010
at 00:19
Re: Riverside Residential Area
"Mariusz." Bayer says. "Lead us off. Take us on a route that'll lead us to the industrial area... the nearest place where we can to buy us a little time before we retake the initiative."

With Ondar gone, Bayer then says, "Dieter, go with him. In the lead."

"Do not engage any enemy spotted that are unaware of us. Self defense only."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:19, Thu 21 Oct 2010.

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 245 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Thu 21 Oct 2010
at 02:23
Re: Riverside Residential Area
Thor set up Mjollnir and observed back the way they'd come through the powerful optics that was Járngreipr. Even at this long range he was able to read their lips - shame he couldn't understand the language....

Thor "The Thunderer"
In cover, observing the enemy and waiting for the next phase
Barret M82A1 ("Mjollnir") (10/10) + 3x10 + 1x7
PM-63 (25/25) + 1x25
H & K USP-9SD, 9mm (15/15) + 3x15
M-26A1 hand grenade, x4
Bayonet/knife
Individual Tactical Radio

Dieter Brandt
 player, 239 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Thu 21 Oct 2010
at 07:50
Re: Riverside Residential Area
Dieter took the opportunity of the brief pause to replace the half used mag with a full one.

Hearing Konrad's order, he nodded and moved off with Mariusz. "Okay Mariusz. As before, keep low and stay out of sight. You direct, and I will lead."

With that they hurried off, following Mariusz's directions.
Craig Sutherland
 player, 230 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Thu 21 Oct 2010
at 09:44
Re: Riverside Residential Area

Craig followed the others, rifle at the shoulder. He held his fire as he spotted the infantry on the top of the embankment they had just left. He tried to keep a steady pace, but his leg was not wanting to cooperate. If the groups stops he tries to keep his weight off it and not let it affect him doing his job.
Jan Cerny
 player, 726 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Thu 21 Oct 2010
at 16:46
Re: Riverside Residential Area
Pistol in hand Jan continued to head northwards, this time following Mariusz rather than leading himself.  He was glad the young Pole was here as he seemed to have some idea of where he was going and Jan most certainly didn't.

"Konrad," he called back to his commander.  "When we can pause for a few seconds I have some survival rations.  Enough for everyone I think.  They will take the edge off our fatigue."  If they could break contact with the enemy for long enough to wolf down Jan's survival rations then a quick hit of calories from a high energy bar and some water to drink would improve both the spirits and physical condition of all the remaining members of their band.

Saying that though their morale was still good!


Jan
Continuing to lead head northwards, following Mariusz.
F88 Steyr AUG (10/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - slung on shoulder
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HEDP - 8x HE, 4x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - held

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 820 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Thu 21 Oct 2010
at 18:41
Re: Riverside Residential Area
Mariusz looked around and then said, "This way, we'll head north east to cut between the police station and the flats over there. That should give us cover between us and the enemy and a good viewpoint of the industrial areas further out. If I remember rightly there was a massive electricity relay station near the rail lines, it's probably been blasted to hell and might be a good place to hide." he frowned as he adjusted his bearings, "The problem is that the next large east west road has two major checkpoints on it, if we don't move more east than north we'll be driven on to those positions."

He headed off at a jog trot to aim for the point between the old police station and the residential buildings that ran southward.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2099 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Fri 22 Oct 2010
at 01:59
Re: Riverside Residential Area
In reply to Konrad Bayer (msg #250):

Woj and Dawid caught up with the rest of the group, and enjoyed a moment's rest.

"Kapitan, Woj is a local. I'm sending him as well with the point element."

He motioned for Woj to take off after Mariusz. "Good luck!" The man wasn't carrying any ammo and while having him as a "loader" and assistant didn't hurt, he was of more use because of his knowledge of the area.

"Craig, Jan, you're still with me. Kapitan, do you want us in the lead or following your group?"

He accepted Jan's food (when offered) and sipped some of his water.

Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (80/100 + 100)
Housing area North of bridge
Sending off Woj, re-organising.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:39, Fri 22 Oct 2010.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 130 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Fri 22 Oct 2010
at 04:05
Re: Riverside Residential Area
As soon as the stragglers catch up, Jeff calls out "They're still too close.  Now is not the time for a rest stop."  He was glad to see people covering the rear, but it looked like the group was getting ready to fight again.  Although it would be great to distract more of the enemy, it wouldn't help their escape anymore.

He looks to the south and debates taking the head off of one of the soldiers on the embankment before leaving. Deciding against it, he says out loud "We need to keep moving.  Follow the prisoner."  and turns to follow behind Woj and the point element.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:43, Fri 22 Oct 2010.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2100 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Fri 22 Oct 2010
at 07:56
Re: Riverside Residential Area
In reply to Jeff D. Warren (msg #257):

Dawid effortlessly deflected the proffered glare with a smile.

"Ha! We have a prisoner? Not that I can see. Anyways, go hungry if that pleases you."

This message was last edited by the player at 08:08, Fri 22 Oct 2010.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 953 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Sat 23 Oct 2010
at 00:17
Re: Riverside Residential Area
Tucker takes a few seconds when the whole group is together after the last bound away from the road and the jeep that was sent packing.   Tuck will take one of the ration bars offered by Jan and place it in a pocket or pouch so when he has the time he can devour it.  When the group is ready to move out again, he naturally moves with them.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [22/30] / M-203 [HE] - {BURST-FIRE}
H&K SOCOM Pistol [10/12] (Holstered)
Slung Romanian AK-74 [30/30]
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]
[1] Mag 5.56N [12/30] (BDU Pocket)
[1] Empty 30 round mag (BDU Pocket)
[1] Mag 5.56N [7/30] (BDU Pocket)

Salvaged Gear:
Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[19] AK-74 Mags

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2005 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 23 Oct 2010
at 18:17
Re: Riverside Residential Area

Following Mariusz and Woj, the whole group moves north for another couple of hundred meters, threading their way between rubble piles, shallow trenches, and deep shell-holes, before cutting northeast, towards the burned out shell of the police station.

You move quickly, trying to put as much distance between yourself and the enemy to your back as you can. Every minute or so, you glance over your shoulder, trying to see what the enemy force at the road/rail embankment is doing. When you do catch a glimpse of them (just a couple at a time), they appear to be staying put, eschewing an immediate continuation of the chase. They continue shooting in your general direction and rounds continue to buzz overhead or toss up tiny explosions in the nearby rubble.

The sky is clearer than it has been for days. The sun is high enough now in the morning sky to clear the remains of the taller buildings to the east and you can feel its rays on your face. The combination of exertion, stress, and sunshine is making you sweat profusely and you know that whenever you stop, the dampness from your persperation is going to chill you considerably. You can only hope that the temperature starts to rise as the day wears on.

You make it to the relative shelter of the police station. To the north is a series of long, low light industrial buildings- or what used to be buildings, anyhow. Twisted panels of rusting thin sheet metal teeter at odd angles that only suggest the buildings' prewar configuration. To the east is an open area leading up to a major north-south roadway.

Enemy fire has all but stopped. Peeking south around the corner of the police building, Tucker sees that a few enemy scouts are still following in your footsteps. A sniper's bullet smashes into the pockmarked concrete inches from Tucker's head.

After a quick break, you run north across a parking lot towards the rusting metal industrial buildings. You glance southeast, expecting to see an enemy flanking force (you imagine a tank or two) moving north along the road, but see nothing. You make it to the buildings and stop to catch your breath.

Craig's leg is getting more and more sore and the at least some of the dampness in his trousers appears to be blood from the relatively fresh wound. Jan's arm is also extremely painful. It's all he can do to put one foot in front of the other. At this point, only morphine would likely reduce the pain.

As you sit and try to regain your strength for the next leg of your escape, you hear a brief but violent crackle of automatic gunfire from the south or southeast. In a few seconds, it's all over. None of the fire appears to have been directed at you or anywhere even close to you.


Next Moves?


Updated tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...7&mid=1287855890

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:21, Sat 23 Oct 2010.

Jan Cerny
 player, 730 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Sat 23 Oct 2010
at 22:26
Re: Riverside Residential Area
As they seem to have a minute or two to get their breath back Jan takes the opportunity to share out his survival ration bars.  He has ten bars and offers each of the other nine surviving members of Konrad's unit one each first as well as eating one himself.  If someone turns a bar down then he offers one to Woj as well.  If more than one person turns a bar down then he keeps some - he doesn't let anyone take a second bar, they're too valuable to be gorged on.

After eating his own bar and drinking some water from his canteen Jan then offered a cigarette to anyone who smoked, including Woj.  He then glanced at his watch, checking the time, before approaching Craig, forcing himself to keep moving despite the pain in his arm.

"Craig, let me look at your wound," he asked between puffs of tobacco.  Assuming that Craig was happy for him to do so Jan then assessed the wound on Craig's leg.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:30, Sat 23 Oct 2010.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 232 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sun 24 Oct 2010
at 01:10
Re: Riverside Residential Area

Jan Cerny:
"Craig, let me look at your wound," he asked between puffs of tobacco.  Assuming that Craig was happy for him to do so Jan then assessed the wound on Craig's leg.


"Thanks that would be appreciated."

As he does Craig pulls out a field dressing that he hands to Jan and takes a couple of pain meds. He tries to concentrate towards the west and the enemy infantry.
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1294 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Sun 24 Oct 2010
at 15:54
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Don't get too comfortable. We can't stay here long." Bayer says while turning off his radio to conserve the battery.

Bayer squats and rests his back up against the nearest wall. He accepts one of Jan's survival bars and adds quietly, "I'll take that partial mag too if it's still on you."

Bayer will then remove 15 of the rounds from Jan's partial mag and top off his current magazine.

"Jan, Craig... sitrep." he asks, referring to their wounds and abilities.

Dawid, "How much machine gun ammo is left?"

After the two answer, Bayer asks aloud, "Options? Make them quick."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:57, Sun 24 Oct 2010.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 821 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sun 24 Oct 2010
at 19:35
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Mariusz hunkered down and rested on his heels as he wolfed down one of Jan's energy bars, "There and head nort of the electricity works over there and head nort tf the electricity works over there and head north to try to get between the two checkpoints or, Two: head for the same place and use the urban ruins to work east out into open country or, Three: try to hide in the ruins, there's over four square kilometers of maze to search through," he wrinkled his nose, "the snow screws hiding up a bit though."
Craig Sutherland
 player, 233 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sun 24 Oct 2010
at 20:18
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Konrad Bayer:
"Jan, Craig... sitrep." he asks, referring to their wounds and abilities.


"Movement is affected, there is some pain though I am still combat effective. As for options we may wish to have a long range look at the check point covering the intact bridge."

He then continues to scan towards the west until they move off.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:18, Sun 24 Oct 2010.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2103 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sun 24 Oct 2010
at 22:04
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
When they pause, Dawid sortsedout some kind of perimeter. Placing the PKM facing south, he notes that Craig is alreay looking west.

"Warren, you are covering north. Tucker, cover east. Dieter and Thor, cover to the south, and for God's sake take out those followers, if you can!"

As he lit his own cigarette he replied to Konrad, "there are almost two belts left, Kapitan."


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (80/100 + 100)

East of the river, making a report.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:40, Mon 25 Oct 2010.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2006 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sun 24 Oct 2010
at 23:51
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

Jan takes a look at Craig's leg wound. It's open and bleeding. It's a slow leak, as it were. As long as the man continues to move at the pace he's been keeping all morning, the wound is going to reopen and bleed. If he keeps it up very much longer, he's likely going to start feeling the effects of blood loss (i.e. dizziness, fatigue, impaired judgement).
Dieter Brandt
 player, 241 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Mon 25 Oct 2010
at 07:41
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
At the rest stop Dieter quickly found a private nook and relieved himself. His bladder had been bursting all morning and this was the first opportunity he had found to do anything about it.

Once done he rejoined the others. He accepted Jan's offer of a food bar, and wolfed it down greedily. As he did so he remembered the cigarettes he had salvaged from the dead Russian that morning. He fished around in his pockets, until he found the packs. He turned to Jan, "I don't smoke, mon ami. Perhaps you can make use of these?" As he did so he offered up the 2 full cartons of Polish smokes to Jan. He kept hold of the matches.

As he finished the snack bar he reached for his water bottle. As he raised it he remembered that it had been hit by a round earlier. He raised the bottle and attempted to drain any remaining water, although it was probably completely empty now. He looked around at the team. "Does anyone have any water I could have?" He grinned and waved the damaged canteen. "Mine appears to be wounded."

After (hopefully) receiving a drink from a colleague, he listened to Dawid's orders and nodded. When ready he would move off an position himself in cover with a good view to the South, and keep an eye out for movement.

Dieter Brandt
Eating a food bar, drinking water if offered and giving 2 packs of Polish cigarettes to Jan. Then moving into position to cover the South.
PSG-1 - 20/20 rounds
AK-74 - 30/30 slung over shoulder
1x Frag 1x Smoke

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 247 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Mon 25 Oct 2010
at 13:57
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"No smoke!" Thor ordered emphatically as ciggarettes began to be passed around.
"Dřkkálfar smell. Find. Kill."

The proffered food disappeared into his mouth in an instant, swallowed almost without chewing. Mjollnir lay pointed southward, Járngreipr atop the weapon being used to scan for enemy movement.

"Maybe kill each other?" he mused at the sound of automatic fire.
"Not want be kill us?"

Thor "The Thunderer"
In cover, observing for enemy and firing single aimed shot as required.
Barret M82A1 ("Mjollnir") (10/10) + 3x10 + 1x7
PM-63 (25/25) + 1x25
H & K USP-9SD, 9mm (15/15) + 3x15
M-26A1 hand grenade, x4
Bayonet/knife
Individual Tactical Radio

Jan Cerny
 player, 733 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Mon 25 Oct 2010
at 18:36
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Jan passed over the STANAG mag with 26 rounds in it to Konrad so that the Captain could top off his current mag.  He then thanked Dieter for the cigarettes and lit one up, taking a long first drag from his second cigarette since they had stopped.  He didn't keep the remains of the two packs himself however - he passed them along to Dawid who was probably as desperate for a smoke as he was.  "I picked up a couple of packs from Drew," he commented by way of explanation.

Between puffs he started to fix the field dressing Craig had given him to the Marine's wounded leg, attempting to stop the bleeding.  Tying it off he muttered to both Craig and Konrad.  "That will have to do for the moment.  I need to spend more time on it but we need to get moving again.  In answer to your question Konrad my arm is fairly bad.  The bullet passed clean through but it is too painful to use a rifle at present so I am using my pistol as that is easy to use while moving.  If we get caught somewhere then I remember some firearms instructor telling me that you can fire a Steyr one handed but I have never done it myself and I would rather not find out how true that is!"

He finished his cigarette and stubbed it out, pocketing the dog end through force of habit, before glancing at his watch and noting that it was a little after 9am.  He paused to consider something before turning to Konrad.

"It is risky but if we can break contact with the enemy completely and hide up somewhere I might be able to contact someone who can help us out.  It is complicated and it is not someone who I know or trust but if we are desperate then I can try to contact them.  I have to transmit on a particular frequency between fourteen hundred and fifteen hundred though so we have several hours before I can even try.  There is therefore time for you to consider what to do."

This message was last edited by the player at 18:41, Mon 25 Oct 2010.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 132 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Mon 25 Oct 2010
at 19:53
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Jeff takes an offered bar, and quickly eats the entire thing.  Under normal circumstances he would have agreed with Thor on not letting Jan smoke, but he had given Jeff some food, and the smoke would help him tolerate his wound (ask the interrogated Cossack from earlier).  As everyone voices their opinions, Jeff adds his own "We've almost lost them, but we're still in a bad place.  We need to find somewhere to regroup and plot our next moves.  We've more or less destroyed or seriously damaged the Baron's QRF, so the 10th will be able to make pretty good progress.  We could rendezvous with them before their assault, unless you have a better idea.  Like forgetting Warsaw all together"  with this last statement he finishes his gaze on Mariusz, Dawid, and the armed prisoner Woj.

"Regardless, let's keep moving.  I'm cold."  he then takes a position to watch the route ahead to the north.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2104 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Tue 26 Oct 2010
at 14:33
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
In reply to Jeff D. Warren (msg #271):

He accepted the packs with a cheerful, "God! Thank you for these, you are a lifesaver!" Listening to Warren, Dawid met the man's gaze with conviction and nodded.

"I agree, meeting with the 10th is a splendid idea. I don't want to leave Warszawa, we have too much to do."

"That said, picking a fight over Woj is a stupid idea, he's not a prisoner no matter what you think and that is that. He saved our lives, you best remember that."
Having made his point, he grinned.

"You waste time now, better get to watching the northern approaches. There's a good man!"

This message was last edited by the player at 14:37, Tue 26 Oct 2010.

Jan Cerny
 player, 736 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Tue 26 Oct 2010
at 22:34
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Noting that Craig had just pocketed his survival bar rather than eating it Jan grinned at him.  "As your doctor I recommend eating the bar rather than saving it!  You have lost blood and need to eat something."

Jan then turned to Jeff.  "How long till the 10th are in Warsaw?  Is it necessary to try my potential helper to get somewhere to hide for a day or two?  Maybe more?  Or will the 10th be here soon?"

While he waited for the answer he got himself ready to travel as they needed to keep moving away from the Baron's forces.
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 955 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Tue 26 Oct 2010
at 23:36
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Cap'n Rae:
Enemy fire has all but stopped. Peeking south around the corner of the police building, Tucker sees that a few enemy scouts are still following in your footsteps. A sniper's bullet smashes into the pockmarked concrete inches from Tucker's head.

Next Moves?

Tucker ducks his head back back behind cover when the round strikes near his head.  "Ah!  Fuck me runnin' that was close!  Sniper boys!"

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
"Warren, you are covering north. Tucker, cover east. Dieter and Thor, cover to the south, and for God's sake take out those followers, if you can!"

Tucker mofves and covers the east and flips his safety to 'OFF' and setting it on burst setting and yells back, "East covered.  GO!"  If there is anymore fire or movement, Tucker will return fire (Burst-Fire) and call out movement that he sees.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [22/30] / M-203 [HE] - {BURST-FIRE}
H&K SOCOM Pistol [10/12] (Holstered)
Slung Romanian AK-74 [30/30]
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]
[1] Mag 5.56N [12/30] (BDU Pocket)
[1] Empty 30 round mag (BDU Pocket)
[1] Mag 5.56N [7/30] (BDU Pocket)

Salvaged Gear:
Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[19] AK-74 Mags

This message was last edited by the player at 08:25, Wed 27 Oct 2010.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2107 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Tue 26 Oct 2010
at 23:50
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
In reply to Jan Cerny (msg #273):

Seeing that Woj didn't get anything, Dawid digs out some of his own rations to share with him.

"Tucker, please hold fire. We don't know where we're going at the moment, but I'm sure the Kapitan will clarify that."
Jeff D. Warren
 player, 133 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Thu 28 Oct 2010
at 04:09
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Jeff shrugs "When I spoke with the 10th last, before the battle, they said 24-36 hours.  I advised them on routes into the city, and on the location of the hidden weapons we took from the cavalry unit.  They'll probably secure those.  It would be nice to give them the firing pins."  He pauses for a moment, and then adds "They can also replace some of the gear we lost in our packs.  And who knows, if we take Warsaw, we might even be able to arrange an airdrop of new toys."
Jan Cerny
 player, 739 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Thu 28 Oct 2010
at 16:55
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"So we probably need to hide out for at least a day or so," Jan commented in response to Jeff's summary of the 10th timings.  "As I said if we're clear by 2pm and want to risk it I might have someone who can help us.  That's nearly five hours away though!"

Jan seemed refreshed from his food, water and dose of nicotine.
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2008 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Thu 28 Oct 2010
at 23:39
Factory Floor

Tuesday, October 24th, 2000
1200 hrs.
40F
light clouds; slight breeze from the west
Northern light industrial zone, East Bank Warsaw, Poland



You sit in the smashed remains of what used to be a machine shop. The place has been picked clean by salvagers. Still, the mostly open shop floor is littered with the twisted remains of what must have once been been an assortment of lathes, presses, and drills. The sun is almost directly overhead, shining through a sizable gap in the roof. It's noticeably warmer now as noon approaches. Snowmelt drips down to form shimmering puddles on the pitted concrete floor.

You've had a chance to drink and eat and you're starting to feel better. You lost the enemy a couple of hours ago. For whatever reason, the Baron's men, after following you into the edge of the light industrial area in which you've taken refuge, decided to give up the chase. It might have helped when Dieter dropped one of their scouts with a nifty head-shot shortly after you crossed the main north-south on your way deeper into the beaten-down factory zone on East Bank Warsaw's north side. You've seen neither hide nor hair of the Baron's men since.

With sentries posted at gaps in the walls, you feel relatively safe here. The sunny and relatively warm conditions are rapidly erasing signs of your transit, making tracking you through the rubble much more difficult.

It's time to start plotting your next moves.


Next Moves?


Updated tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...7&mid=1288310052

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:57, Thu 28 Oct 2010.

Dieter Brandt
 player, 245 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Fri 29 Oct 2010
at 11:45
Re: Factory Floor
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #278):

Dieter scouted the local area, keeping watch but also on the look out for a replacement water bottle. His had been shot and had a big hole in it. If possible he would try to repair it.  He scoured the area, also looking for anything else of use.

Once back with the main group he took the opportunity to go through his gear and refill his magazines. He tried to dry out his clothes as best he could, but remained vigilant in case they needed to move quickly.

The mood in the party seemed pretty low, so he delved into his pocket and withdrew the vodka salvaged earlier. He wasn't a big drinker, but had a nip to help fight off the cold. He then offered it to anyone who wanted some. Eventually he may have to throw the contents out as he needed a water bottle, so it seemed a shame to waste it.
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 956 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Fri 29 Oct 2010
at 19:32
Re: Factory Floor
Tucker sits down and takes a much needed rest with the others as he eats the ration bars given out before and will share water from his five-gallon bladder if anyone needs it.  He reaches into his pocket to his empty & partially filled mags and consolidates ammo into one magazine [now has (1) 19/30 mag and (2) empty 30-round mags which he places into and side pouch on his pack].

He fights back the urge to have a smoke with the others since the smell of his cigars would be a lot harsher and noticeable.  If he can get a couple minutes of rest he'll take it if not, Tuck will be looking out an occasional window to look for any signs of trouble.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [22/30] / M-203 [HE] - {BURST-FIRE}
H&K SOCOM Pistol [10/12] (Holstered)
Slung Romanian AK-74 [30/30]
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]

Salvaged Gear:
Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[16] AK-74 Mags
[2] empty MAG 30 in side pouch pocket

This message was last edited by the player at 08:24, Tue 02 Nov 2010.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1296 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Sat 30 Oct 2010
at 16:40
Re: Factory Floor
Bayer glances down at the map tucked into the transparent plastic sleeve on his rifle stock and says, "Ok. We'll move and setup a hide someplace... get some medical attention on our wounded and prepare to further assist the arrival of Warren's allies."

He looks at Jan and jokes slightly, "Does everyone here know somebody in Warsaw except for me?" He then asks, "Who is it, how do you contact them, and what kind of help can they provide?"

After Jan answers, he turns to Mariusz and says, "Where can you take us that's north of here... or northeast, that will be a good place to hold up for a couple hours?"

Following the answers to his questions, Bayer will ready the team and direct Dawid's group to take the lead this time.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:41, Sat 30 Oct 2010.

Jan Cerny
 player, 742 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Sat 30 Oct 2010
at 21:33
Re: Factory Floor
Once it was clear that they had succeeded in breaking contact with the enemy Jan took the opportunity to attend to a couple of things.  First and most important was some further medical treatment for Craig's wounded leg and his own wounded left arm. 

After that Jan then took the opportunity to reload a couple of magazines and to share around few items of equipment that he had recovered from Alexei, even if only to share out the weight.  He also checked that Jeff still had Alexei's rifle in case someone wanted to start using it.

Konrad Bayer:
He looks at Jan and jokes slightly, "Does everyone here know somebody in Warsaw except for me?" He then asks, "Who is it, how do you contact them, and what kind of help can they provide?"


"Capitaine this is going to sound a little strange.  I think you know that I came to Poland on a mission.  That involved making contact with a local asset and he made a deal with us to extract his wife from Warsaw and then both of them from Poland in return for aiding us.  He died before the mission was complete however and we never extracted his wife.  I do not know her real name and I have obviously never met her but I have a radio frequency and contact procedure for her.  Her husband was some kind of merchant working in Warsaw and other cities so I guess that she is wealthy and still keen to leave Warsaw and Poland.  I do not think that we can help her leave Poland but we can help her leave Warsaw in return for her immediate aid.  I am making a lot of guesses here but it could be worth trying to contact her to make a deal.  The window for radioing her is soon, between two o'clock and three o'clock, and I will try if you would like me to."
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1297 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Sat 30 Oct 2010
at 21:41
Re: Factory Floor
"Yes Jan. Okay." Bayer answers. "When we get into a secure position, make your call."
Craig Sutherland
 player, 236 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sun 31 Oct 2010
at 09:41
Re: Factory Floor

Craig sat in the ruined machine shop next to Jan. It had been a hard run the last half an hour of the pursuit had taken its toll on Craig and his wounded leg. He allowed whoever was able to help with his wound and takes another round of meds. He then took the time to eat and get some sleep, he didn't mean to dodge any duty it was just he thought there where others more up to this task at this time.


Once Konrad gives the order to move he readies himself and quickly checks over his gear.
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 822 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sun 31 Oct 2010
at 11:41
Re: Factory Floor
Mariusz sat back and considered the Kaptain's question, his knowledge of the city wasn't encyclopedic but it was better than most, "It's difficult to say, Sir," he replied honestly, "there are a few schools around that would have underground boiler rooms, they'd be good to hole up in. The problem is if we think that, searchers might too. I'd suggest pushing east a bit further to avoid teh northern checkpoints and trying to find something that's good enough for our purposes rather than somewhere that might be obvious to the enemy."
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 824 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Mon 1 Nov 2010
at 18:04
Re: Factory Floor
Mariusz sighed heavily, "If I was betting my life on it, I'd head nearly due east for about a kilometer, there's a row of schools there, the big Gymnasium 42 we used to quiz against, that was modern and has probably collapsed, but there were older and smaller schools east of it that might have boiler rooms to hide in. Further on there was a decent library and, if I remember rightly, a synnagogue. I'd head for that but it would mean crossing the rail lines."

Mariusz looked down, the young partisan had inadvertantly revealed a lot about his character before the war, his family had been shy retiring academics, happiest in the zoological garden, libraries and schools of the city. That life had died on the refugee flight from the Allies and now Mariusz tended to live for the moment, good food, companionship and big guns were the best he could hope for now and he looked around at the others, "I hope that helps."
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2011 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Tue 2 Nov 2010
at 02:26
White Flag

As you are preparing to leave the large machine shop, Dieter spots a lone figure walking down the train tracks just to the east of "your" building. The person is dressed in military garb and has an AK of some sort strapped to his back. In his raised right hand, he holds a white rag, which he periodically waves from side to side.

As the figure draws closer, you suspect that it is not a "he" but rather a "she"- something about the way the hips sway when she takes a step...

Whoever it is is taking a big chance. He, or more likely she, is completely out in the open, approaching an unkown and presumably hostile armed force which, just a couple of hours before, killed or wounded at least two dozen of the Baron's Ukranians. You strain to spot confederates but you see no one besides the lone figure with the flag.

The flag-wielding stranger has approached to about 200m from your position. He/she does not appear to know where you are. A look at your anotated map suggests that this person- assuming he/she is one of the Baron's fighters- has likely come from the roadblock/outpost to the north.

The party spreads out around the machine shop and, through openings in the walls, looks out in all directions, searching for more enemy. You see no one else.

The figure is now about 150m away. The person pauses and looks around. Putting its hands to its mouth, the person instantly reveals her true gender. A woman's voice calls out in accented Polish.

"I'm not with him! I can help you! I just want to talk!"


Next Moves?
Jeff D. Warren
 player, 136 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Tue 2 Nov 2010
at 03:14
Re: White Flag
As Dieter calls out the approaching member, Jeff continues to scan the north, but takes a look to his right.  He raises an eyebrow, then turns back to the North, saying out loud to no one in particular, "If any of you have reservations against shooting a woman, say it and I'll switch with you."  As she continues to shout and raise noise, he looks to Dawid and Konrad, as if to reinforce his last point.
Dieter Brandt
 player, 251 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Tue 2 Nov 2010
at 08:26
Re: White Flag
Cap'n Rae:
As you are preparing to leave the large machine shop, Dieter spots a lone figure walking down the train tracks just to the east of "your" building. The person is dressed in military garb and has an AK of some sort strapped to his back. In his raised right hand, he holds a white rag, which he periodically waves from side to side.


As Dieter is on guard duty covering the East, he spotted a lone figure approaching. Although the movement wasn't threatening (the white flag was a big hint) he went on full alert just in case. He kept the target in the sights of his PSG-1 and called out to his colleagues, "Contact, East. Looks friendly but keeping him covered."

As the others moved into position he kept an eye on the approaching man. Scratch that... approaching woman!

As she called out he responded in a clear, loud voice. "Halt! Stay still or I will shoot!"

With that he waited for further instructions.

Dieter Brandt
Covering the woman from the East
PSG-1 - 20/20 rounds
AK-74 - 30/30 slung over shoulder
1x Frag 1x Smoke

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2110 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Tue 2 Nov 2010
at 10:42
Re: White Flag
In reply to Jeff D. Warren (msg #288):

Dawid shook his head. "Any threat should be dealt with accordingly, I only have a problem if anyone panics and shoots without cause. Then there would be problems indeed!"

Sighing, he put down the PKM and ammunition. "This seems a little too subtle for our friend, Baron. There is no point in hiding further now, I'll meet with her before Thor does... anything. Cover me, eh?"

Straightening his uniform he put on his green Polish Army beret.He cautiously moved away from the entrance to the machine shop and then out to the tracks where she could see him. He waved to get her attention.

"Come on then, bloody get over here! Make it quick!" Aside from his beret, he was dressed in stained Polish army fatigues (although relatively new quality) and armed only with a sidearm.
Jan Cerny
 player, 750 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Tue 2 Nov 2010
at 23:34
Re: White Flag
As the woman approached their position and then called out, Jan started scanning the predetermined escape routes, ready to make a break for it if they needed to escape quickly.
Craig Sutherland
 player, 239 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Tue 2 Nov 2010
at 23:39
Re: White Flag

Becoming aware at what was going on Craig moved to one of the sentry posts and aimed his AK at the chest of the male new comer.

He also took a quick scan of the surrounding area trying to identify any other movement.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:14, Wed 03 Nov 2010.

Viktorya Nowak
 player, 2 posts
 Russian
 Deserter
Wed 3 Nov 2010
at 03:34
Re: White Flag
Vita was beginning to have reservations about what she was about to attempt, especially since she was standing out in the open.  She hoped the relatively large white flag she was waving would be an indicator for those that she sought that she had no ill intentions.  The thought crossed her mind that if it were the Baron's other troops they probably would have dropped her by now.  But that's why she was seeking out this particular group, because they wouldn't do that...or at least she was hoping.  Although her training was limited being a conscript she recalled a saying by a senior trainer once, 'hope is not a plan'; except maybe this time...

Her heavy grey-green winter coat and her many layers underneath was barely keeping her warm on this little road trip out in the open.  Her legs were the most exposed with only a couple of layers, any more and it would be impossible to run.  On the outer lower she still wore her old Soviet camouflage pants.  Her boots needed an upgrade as they were still the standard leather combat boots, and only a couple of layers of winter socks helped that situation.  She probably looked like some hulking man with her webbed gear chest rig under her winter coat and the faux fur lined hood obscured her face.  A wool watch cap covered her long hair tied in a bun currently and out of sight.  Military winter mittens (i.e., articulate trigger fingers) masked the relatively petite size of her hands.  She was not a small woman, but all her winter clothes masked her true gender until someone got close or was more observant.  Slung across her back chow-style as it was a non-threatening casual posture was an AK-74.

She took another big leap of faith, something she had nearly forgotten about so long ago.  Putting her gloved hands to her mouth to project a bit more she called out in Polish, "I'm not with him! I can help you! I just want to talk!"

Dieter Brandt:
"Halt! Stay still or I will shoot!"

Vita froze in her tracks.  She apparently understood enough English to know to stop or something bad was going to happen.  Her hands were still at shoulder level, but raised up in front of her palms out - hopefully a universal sign of non-aggression.  English she thought, that was a good sign, maybe.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
"Come on then, bloody get over here! Make it quick!" Aside from his beret, he was dressed in stained Polish army fatigues (although relatively new quality) and armed only with a sidearm.

Seeing Dawid only confused Vita, but then again she thought to herself the Baron's troops were a mish-mash of different soldiers from different nationalities.  He was relatively non-threatening in that he only had a sidearm on his person.  She paused wondering if the voice that called out and this apparent Polish soldier were one and the same or at least on the same team.  She called back in Polish, "I move without being shot? Yes?"  Then deciding that it was worth the risk at least to get out of the open space, so without waiting for an actual reply she started walking briskly to follow Dawid.

Hope, not a plan, but it sure was refreshing when hope was realized.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2112 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 3 Nov 2010
at 03:54
Re: White Flag
In reply to Viktorya Nowak (msg #293):

"Yes, yes, you have my permission to proceed. Come on, then."

Realising she was probably unsure of his allegience, Dawid fixed his red-and-white arm band so it was a little more visible. This indicated he was part of the Polish Armija Krajowa or "Home Army", the NATO-supported anti-communist resistance forces of the democratic Free Polish government.




"I am a free Pole, not one of the Barons' men nor a stooge of the communists or their Russian masters."

He led her back to where they were out of the open, not on the tracks. Not where the others were getting ready to leave, but close.

"Okay, who are you, and what would you like to talk about?" I speak Russian if that makes you feel more comfortable.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:02, Wed 03 Nov 2010.

Viktorya Nowak
 player, 3 posts
 Russian
 Deserter
Wed 3 Nov 2010
at 04:47
Re: White Flag
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
"Yes, yes, you have my permission to proceed. Come on, then."

Vita was already moving before or at least during his reply.  She didn't get shot, that was a good sign.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
Dawid fixed his red-and-white arm band so it was a little more visible. This indicated he was part of the Polish Armija Krajowa or "Home Army", the NATO-supported anti-communist resistance forces of the democratic Free Polish government.

"I am a free Pole, not one of the Barons' men nor a stooge of the communists or their Russian masters."

She looked at the arm band recognizing it instantly.  Of course a bit of her survival skepticism kicked in thinking that anyone could wear it.  However, when Dawid spoke he had a convincing conviction in his voice.  She almost laughed if her face wasn't so damn frozen about the comment about 'Russian masters'.  She was ethnically Polish, and a non-practicing Jew, but she had grown up Russian.  Of course being more a farm girl she didn't care too much for the political leanings of communism or anything else for that matter.  Although she did value freedom, as it meant surviving might be just a tad easier.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
He led her back to where they were out of the open, not on the tracks. Not where the others were getting ready to leave, but close.

"Okay, who are you, and what would you like to talk about?" I speak Russian if that makes you feel more comfortable.

Following the stranger she still kept her wits about her looking for signs of a potential ambush.  Glad to be out of the open she let out a sigh that was literally visible as the steam of her breath swirled and thickened for that moment.  The questions, as expected, started.

She started in slightly accented Polish, "My name is Anzhela Viktorya Nowak, but many call me Vita.  I'm a displaced Pole myself."  Switching then to Russian, which seemed more natural and definitely native, "[My family was Polish anyway, but I am from Russia.  I was a conscript in the Soviet Army, but I have been a part of the Baron's troops as a matter of necessity.]"  At that point she raised her hands up again in the same non-threatening gesture she made before as to say what she just said was in no way a threat.  Continuing in Russian she said, "[I wish to leave the Baron, and I have some friends that wish to do the same.]"  She again paused, perhaps to gauge a reaction from Dawid.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:15, Thu 04 Nov 2010.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2113 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 3 Nov 2010
at 06:10
Re: White Flag
In reply to Viktorya Nowak (msg #295):

Dawid switched to Russian. "You sound like a very complicated person, Vita! I am Dawid, and you are welcome to join us. We are glad to hear others want to as well. Come, please. Keep your hands away from your weapon, of course."

He led her back towards the rest of the group, switching back to English.

"This is Vita, she wishes to defect from the Baron, as do others."
Dieter Brandt
 player, 256 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Wed 3 Nov 2010
at 13:11
Re: White Flag
Dieter watched as the stranger approached. He caught glimpses of what she said in Russian and Polish, enough to get the gist anyway. He kept his rifle on her at all times, just in case. That Baron was a sneaky bastard, and he wasn't beyond using a honeytrap to expose an enemies weakness.
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2012 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Wed 3 Nov 2010
at 23:24
Re: White Flag

Covered by Dieter and Craig, Dawid ushers the woman calling herself Vita into the machine shop. As she enters the building, she can't see much beyond shadows. It takes a while for her eyes to get used to the relative darkness of the interior of the building. She sees that she is surrounded by several fighters, clad in a wide array of NATO and WTO military uniforms. One of the men is dressed from head to toe in Soviet fatigues and LBE. Are they Free Polish partisans? Mercenaries? Bandits? There's at least one woman among them- a diminutive Asian woman dressed in American camouflage pants and an athletic track top. The presence of another woman was somewhat of a relief to Vita- she felt the chances of falling victim to a sexual assault at the hands of these people drop off considerably. One of the men looks a little familiar. Vita thinks that he may have also been part of the Baron's army at one time.

The sentries spot no one following the lone woman and the southern approaches are still clear as well. She appears to have come alone. They remain vigilant, however, suspecting a trap of some sort.


Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:09, Thu 04 Nov 2010.

Viktorya Nowak
 player, 4 posts
 Russian
 Deserter
Thu 4 Nov 2010
at 04:46
Re: White Flag
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
Dawid switched to Russian. "You sound like a very complicated person, Vita! I am Dawid, and you are welcome to join us. We are glad to hear others want to as well. Come, please. Keep your hands away from your weapon, of course."

Vita was visibly relieved as another sigh was evident by a thick swirl of breath vapor.  She continued in Russian, obviously more comfortable with the language, or you could say native, "It's a pleasure to meet you Dawid.  Thank you so much for not killing or hurting me." so she hoped would still be the case.  She nodded at being told to keep her hands away from her weapon.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
He led her back towards the rest of the group, switching back to English.

"This is Vita, she wishes to defect from the Baron, as do others."

Vita walked in, somewhat tentatively, especially since it took a bit of time for her eyes to adjust to the darkness and she feel guns on her.  She held up her hands in the now familiar sign of non-aggression she displayed earlier.  To help she pulled her hood back moving slowly to do it of course.  If things were going to go badly she was neck high in it now.

Her clothing is a bit bulky being layered for the cold weather, but you can still tell now that she's closer that it's definitely all woman.  Her long hair is stuffed under a black wool watch cap at the moment.  Her beautiful chiseled face glows with a charisma all of its own.  Even without make up she’s stunning, and with a light application she would be a Greek goddess.  Pouty rouge full lips and a petite nose give her a final touch of sensual beauty.  If you stare into her Grey-blue eyes for too long they seem to hypnotize you, swallowing your soul into their deep swirling irises.

With her eyes adjusted she takes in her surroundings and her apparently friendly personnel gathered.  She wonders in particular what unit the Russian dressed soldier is from and where exactly did she see the one who might be formerly of the Baron's troops.  Seeing the female soldier she is relieved that it's less likely now she's going to have to defend her honor, one of the big reasons she was leaving the Baron and his troops.  The fact that English was spoken to the group as a whole was a good sign that Americans or Brits were among them.  She attempted to ply her English, "'Allo, my name iz Vita.  I am no harm.  I come in pieces." and didn't really fair too well, adding a sheepish smile and an attempt at a peace sign that also fails considering she's wearing a mitten even with the articulate trigger finger.
Craig Sutherland
 player, 241 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Thu 4 Nov 2010
at 06:30
Re: White Flag

Lowering his AK off his shoulder Craig keeps the girl covered from the hip as she enters the building.

Viktorya Nowak:
"'Allo, my name iz Vita.  I am no harm.  I come in pieces." and


The comment sounded plausible if he was to open up she would probably be in pieces. It took him a couple of seconds to register it as just bad English.

"Someone pat her down and remove her weapons".
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2115 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Thu 4 Nov 2010
at 10:08
Re: White Flag
In reply to Viktorya Nowak (msg #299):

"Sister, be reassured I am your brother no one will harm you, I give my word." Dawid figured that she would be reassured by his using terminology that signaled a fraternal connection, something not taken lightly. Although he smelled somewhat unpleasant and dank, Dawid wasn't too bad looking either in a "farm boy" kind of way.

Speaking to the Asian woman in English he said, "Minh, if you would please check Vita, we can be on our way."
Viktorya Nowak
 player, 5 posts
 Russian
 Deserter
Thu 4 Nov 2010
at 23:28
Re: White Flag
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
"Sister, be reassured I am your brother no one will harm you, I give my word."

Vita was only slightly put at ease, as the enormous amount of faith and risk she was already putting into this group weighed on her mind.  She simply nodded, trusting the roughly handsome Polish Freedom Fighter for the time being.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
Speaking to the Asian woman in English he said, "Minh, if you would please check Vita, we can be on our way."

She had pretty much understood what Craig had said, but wasn't too sure at all what Dawid has said to Minh.  This was mostly because she couldn't help but be distracted by the weapons still trained on her or the fact that everyone must be now staring at her.  For the moment she simply stood unmoving with hands up at shoulder level.  She did not like the idea of giving up all her weapons, but waited to see what was to happen next.
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 960 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Thu 4 Nov 2010
at 23:51
Re: White Flag
Tucker will be keeping watch out of one of the cracks or windows in the building when the girl comes in and is questioned.
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1300 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Thu 4 Nov 2010
at 23:53
Re: White Flag
"Hurry this up." Bayer says from further back. "We're still on the move and can talk when we're done." After Quyen had finished checking the woman, Bayer then signals for Mariusz to lead off again.
Jeff D. Warren
 player, 138 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Fri 5 Nov 2010
at 00:30
Re: White Flag
As the woman enters the building, Jeff brings his neck wrap up to cover all of his face but his eyes.  He notes carefully her Russian accent.

As they get up to move, Jeff quietly speaks to Konrad in German

After the discussion ends, Jeff falls into line with the snipers, watching the group's left rear flank.  He makes sure to never let the newcomer out of his sight, and keeps an eye on Woj as well.  If they make any attempt to flee, he will not hesitate to fire.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:48, Fri 05 Nov 2010.

Dieter Brandt
 player, 259 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Fri 5 Nov 2010
at 08:28
Re: White Flag
Seeing that the new woman appeared to offer no threat, Dieter eased off and lowered his weapon. He went over to Jeff, Jan and Tuck and concluded their discussion about Dieter taking Ondar's old SVU, as well as some extra kit. Long term Dieter planned to ditch the PSG-1 (and probably the AK as well) but for now it was too valuable a resource to leave lying around. He took up the new rifle, and slung the others over his back. It wasn't comfortable, but he would have to deal with it for now.

He familiarised himself with the new weapon. Nothing too complex, but he needed to zero the sights to his eyes. As he inspected it he absent-mindedly wiped a few specs of blood and gore from around the telescopic sight, then realised that this must have been Ondar's. He cursed himself for his thoughtlessness as he remembered the ex-Soviet soldier. He hadn't known him long, but he had seemed a good man. This was the first time he had had an opportunity to think about the man's loss. Again, the demons began to take him as his slipped into melancholia.

As he heard Konrad's instruction he snapped out of his mood. He approached Dawid, to ask him about obtaining some extra ammo. As he approached he heard Jeff speaking to Konrad in German. Did he catch what was said? He wasn't certain.

Approaching Dawid, he spoke up. "Herr Dawid, any chance of getting some extra rounds for this SVU? I believe your PKM has the same rounds. I know you are short, but it would be appreciated. Seventeen rounds would fill my magazines."

Hopefully Dawid would give up some ammo. Either way, once concluded, Dieter readied his kit and prepared to move out.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2116 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Fri 5 Nov 2010
at 09:22
Re: White Flag
In reply to Dieter Brandt (msg #306):

"Here, I think I can spare twenty rounds. Just." He reloaded the PKM with the spare belt. He removed 20 rounds from the non-disintegrating links of the partially used belt that went back in its can. The spare can went to Woj to carry as his loader.

"All right, we must move out immediately after Minh has finished her check on Vita. No looking!"

"Mariusz, Woj, Craig, on me. We're in the lead."

"Jan, I am afraid as you are wounded you must stay with the Kapitan, Minh, Tucker and, ah, Vita in the centre group."

"Warren, you Dieter and Thor will cover the rear and flanks as we move."

"Everyone clear? Vita, you too? Also, as we go every 500 metres or so I or the Kapitan will designate a rally point to fall back on if needed.

"Let's go."



OOC: PKM's ammunition status is now 100/100 + 40 (spare half-belt).

This message was last edited by the player at 09:23, Fri 05 Nov 2010.

Jan Cerny
 player, 753 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Fri 5 Nov 2010
at 11:27
Re: White Flag
Jan had studied the new arrival briefly but had then been distracted by concluding the discussion and reorganisation of weapons with Dieter.  As far as he was concerned Vita was either the bravest infiltrator Jan had ever heard of or she was a genuine deserter and that meant that she was a good source of more up to date intel!

"Dawid," Jan replied in English as Dawid took it upon himself to organise the unit's disposition.  "Craig should be in the centre group I think.  His leg is bad and though I have done what I can he should not be scouting ahead.  Craig, I am not a professional medic but I do not think that you should be running or crouching if it can be avoided.  There is quite a danger of you reopening the wound if you do so."

Jan didn't force the issue however.  Craig and Dawid were quite capable of making a final decision between them, though Jan privately wondered why Tuck and Minh weren't being detailed to scout ahead as they had done previously!

Once Minh had concluded her search of the new arrival Jan approached Vita and spoke to her in Polish.  "Vita, I am Jan," he said, offering his hand in greeting as he spoke.  His left arm was bandaged and he gripped his webbing belt with left hand as he moved, obviously suffering some discomfort from it.  His Polish was also accented, more so than his English, though the accent was hard to place.  "While we walk tell us what you know of the Baron's troops and their current set up.  Particularly any troops in this area.  And tell us of the city.  Is there a market anywhere?  Does the Baron ruthlessly control every part of the city or are there parts where people are allowed to trade?"
Dieter Brandt
 player, 261 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Fri 5 Nov 2010
at 12:39
Re: White Flag
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
"Here, I think I can spare twenty rounds. Just." He reloaded the PKM with the spare belt. He removed 20 rounds from the non-disintegrating links of the partially used belt that went back in its can. The spare can went to Woj to carry as his loader.

"Warren, you Dieter and Thor will cover the rear and flanks as we move."


Dieter thanked Dawid for the ammo and quickly loaded it into the empty magazines, pocketing the remaining rounds. Once done he took up a position at the rear and kept an eye out for trouble, leaving the flanks for Warren and Thor. As he waited he practiced with the new weapon, and ensured that he was happy with the sighting system and the bipod (although he didn't deploy the bipod yet).

OOC - I have updated my char sheet with 20 7.62mmL rounds from Dawid - Thanks!
Minh Quyen
 player, 528 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Fri 5 Nov 2010
at 14:46
Re: White Flag
[NPCed]

Minh slings her rifle and thoroughly frisks the new arrival. As a former MP, she knows what she's doing.

She removes the woman's slung rifle (an AKS-74) and sets it down out of reach. While frisking her, Minh finds a pistol and a bayonet/knife and removes them. She doesn't bother to remove the new arrival's webbing.

"That's it. She's clean."

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:02, Sat 06 Nov 2010.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 826 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Fri 5 Nov 2010
at 16:26
Re: White Flag
Mariusz stood up and readied his weapon, he looked at Dawid and asked, "Can you check the grenade launcher for me, please? There might be a dud in the tube."

He waited to see if the weapon could be fixed and then asked, "Do you want me on the flank or on point?"

This message was last edited by the player at 16:26, Fri 05 Nov 2010.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2117 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Fri 5 Nov 2010
at 16:43
Re: White Flag
Dawid nodded at Minh's report, and the feedback from Jan and Mariusz. "Okay, thanks, Minh."

"Bugger, that's right, his leg is fucked. Okay, Sutherland, you're with the Kapitan. Jan, can you travel with the vanguard? If not, we'll go with Woj, Mariusz and myself in front.

"Mariusz, you're on point. Woj and I will cover you and watch the flanks.

"Christ, I think I can deal with that grenade but Minh is probably better at removing it than I am. Ask her later. Nicely! The grenade should be safe as it won't arm until it's traveled a ways."
He crossed himself for luck.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:44, Fri 05 Nov 2010.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 243 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Fri 5 Nov 2010
at 21:14
Re: White Flag
Jan Cerny:
"Dawid," Jan replied in English as Dawid took it upon himself to organise the unit's disposition.  "Craig should be in the centre group I think.  His leg is bad and though I have done what I can he should not be scouting ahead.  Craig, I am not a professional medic but I do not think that you should be running or crouching if it can be avoided.  There is quite a danger of you reopening the wound if you do so."


Yes I think you are right if I could be detailed to the centre group I would appreciated it.

He take a quick glance towards his wound and the rusty stain on his paints from the last time it opened up.
Viktorya Nowak
 player, 6 posts
 Russian
 Deserter
Sat 6 Nov 2010
at 05:10
Re: White Flag
When Minh approached her she got the idea, and found it strange and refreshing that none of the men themselves were taking 'advantage' of the situation.  Definitely a very good sign.  She held her hands up or out to the side as required and spread her feet to make it easier for Minh to accomplish her task.


Minh was thorough, but Vita didn't mind knowing she was just doing her job when it came to checking certain areas.  At least they had the woman do it.  She, however, was not pleased with being disarmed.  In this time and place that almost meant being sentenced to death.  Yet, she had to understand the groups perspective -- she was a stranger, no less seemingly of an enemy force intent on killing or at least harming them; she would've taken away their weapons if roles were reversed.  Certainly sound logic, though it did not put her at ease at all.  Once all weapons were removed Vita couldn't help but feel herself squirm just a little bit.

She wondered if Dawid was an officer the way he was directing everyone.  She nodded and said in Polish, "Ok. Dokąd idziemy?" 1 She was up chest high in it now, so might as well cooperate and hope she could serve her own agenda as well.  She was hoping she could guide them to the northern outpost for her compatriots to join them, bur rightfully so she didn't think they would automatically take to any of her suggestions.

Jan Cerny:
Once Minh had concluded her search of the new arrival Jan approached Vita and spoke to her in Polish.  "Vita, I am Jan," he said, offering his hand in greeting as he spoke.

Vita looked at the hand for a moment almost forgetting the ritualistic part of greetings.  She took Jan's hand and gave a curt, firm handshake even with the mittens, although you could really feel the relatively petite size of her hand compared especially to Jan.  She answered in Polish, "Warto poznać Jan pomimo okoliczności." 2

Jan Cerny:
His left arm was bandaged and he gripped his webbing belt with left hand as he moved, obviously suffering some discomfort from it.  His Polish was also accented, more so than his English, though the accent was hard to place.  "While we walk tell us what you know of the Baron's troops and their current set up.  Particularly any troops in this area.  And tell us of the city.  Is there a market anywhere?  Does the Baron ruthlessly control every part of the city or are there parts where people are allowed to trade?"

She looked at Jan quizzically before he threw out his multitude of questions.  Perhaps she was about to question him about his apparent injury or his odd accent, but the stream of questions prevented her from interrupting with one of her own.  She replied in Polish, "Tak, powiem ci tyle, ile wiem. Jestem bardzo zaskoczony, ale zadowolony z gościnności i wszyscy zaufania w stosunku wykazały do tej pory. Mimo, że, przynajmniej jak karabin lub pistolet się bronić." 3 adding a charismatic smile.

OOC:

1 ["Ok.  Where are we going?"]

2 ["Good to meet you Jan despite the circumstances."]

3 ["Yes, I will tell you as much as I know.  I'm very surprised, but pleased with the hospitality and relative trust everyone has shown so far.  Although I would at least like my rifle or pistol to defend myself."]

This message was last edited by the player at 14:23, Sun 07 Nov 2010.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2118 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sat 6 Nov 2010
at 05:42
Re: White Flag
In reply to Viktorya Nowak (msg #314):

Slinging his machinegun, Dawid looked back at Vita.

"Where are we going? That might depend on what you tell us, Vita. You have friends? Where are they located?"

Using a gesture that implied respect, Dawid indicated a man dressed in German fatigues.

"I must mention that our leader is that gentleman, Kapitan Bayer. I am acting as senior NCO, so I keep this show as organised as I can but I do not exercise tactical command as an officer would."

Despite being as filthy as the rest, the Kapitan (the Polish word for "Captain") had a certain air of command that marked him as an experienced officer. In fact, while everyone in the group was soiled they still gave off an air of knowing their business.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:28, Sat 06 Nov 2010.

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 252 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Sat 6 Nov 2010
at 13:10
Re: White Flag
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
"Christ, I think I can deal with that grenade but Minh is probably better at removing it than I am. Ask her later. Nicely! The grenade should be safe as it won't arm until it's travelled a ways."

"Máni, bring here. Thor fix."
Thor's hand stretched out towards Mariusz and the weapon, sweat beading on his forehead and his tone filled with worry.
"Go careful. No bump. Point window."
An unexploded grenade wasn't something to take lightly, especially one that had failed to fire. The slightest jostle could be enough to trigger the booster charge and sent the round flying, potentially directly into one of them....
Viktorya Nowak
 player, 7 posts
 Russian
 Deserter
Sun 7 Nov 2010
at 14:44
Re: White Flag
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
"Where are we going? That might depend on what you tell us, Vita. You have friends? Where are they located?"

Vita turned for the moment away from looking at Jan who had introduced himself and offered a welcome hand, unlike most in the group, but to be expected at this point.  She had earned nothing, but basically making herself a prisoner and at the whims of this armed group.  She said in her limited Russian accented English simply, "North."

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
Using a gesture that implied respect, Dawid indicated a man dressed in German fatigues.

"I must mention that our leader is that gentleman, Kapitan Bayer. I am acting as senior NCO, so I keep this show as organised as I can but I do not exercise tactical command as an officer would."

Vita nodded in acknowledgment to what was being told to her and she pursed her lips slightly as if deciding something that could potentially be unpleasant.  She then continued in Polish speaking to Dawid still.  Apparently more comfortable or perhaps preferring either Dawid or speaking to a NCO.  "My squad is based at the northern most outpost of the Baron's territory.  We must hurry since my squad will be relieved of their shift tonight.  We have resources that may be of interest to you."  She paused again as if debating something internally then asked in Polish, "May I have my pistol or knife at least for self-defense?"  Her head dipped slightly and her posture shifted with one leg on her toes and knee bent inward, and her sweet expression almost seemed like playful girlish flirting as her bright grey-blue eyes seemed to twinkle as she bat her long eye-lashes.  In a different time and place she would have been irresistible, but it was still relatively outstanding for the moment.
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1301 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Sun 7 Nov 2010
at 20:11
Re: White Flag
"Enough." Bayer says, "We're moving. Now, before we can't. Mariusz... north. Keep us out of sight and halt us before any indication of habitation or people." He then waves at the young point man for him to step off.

Bayer will co-navigate from his group's position behind Dawid's team, keeping track of their progress and location. With wounded in their party now, he'll also ensure that the last man regularly sends up the count to the front to help prevent the patrol from becoming broken up.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2124 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sun 7 Nov 2010
at 22:48
Re: White Flag
In reply to Konrad Bayer (msg #318):

"Thank you, sister. You will travel with the Kapitan and of course do what he says."

In English, he continued, "Kapitan Bayer, she says her unit is to the north and is wanting to defect. I see we are heading in that direction anyways, let us continue, then. Vita will travel with you."

As they started, Dawid looked to make sure no one was overburdened, which was possible in the process of rapidly shedding and then acquiring gear over the last while. He was carrying less than his back-breaking load (and of course this was nothing compared to the farm!) and would help out if needed.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:48, Sun 07 Nov 2010.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2017 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sun 7 Nov 2010
at 23:13
Northern Outpost

With Mariusz, Dawid, Woj, and Vita in the lead, the party sets off north, keeping to the ruined industrial strip between the cratered road to the west and the torn-up railroad tracks to the east.

You pick your way through the rubble, winding through random and relatively clear avenues between badly slumping factories and nearly collapsed warehouses. The sun shines brightly overhead. Snowmelt drips from the jagged and jutting remains of roofs, falling on snow that's top layer is now translucent and slushly. There are no tracks here and the ones that you are making will probably be obliterated by sunset if this weather holds through the remainder of the afternoon. You actually feel warm when you're in the open for more than a few seconds.

It's slow going. Vita gives directions carefully, well aware that one or two weapons are trained in her general direction, ready to repay her for any betrayal. Despite the promise of a friendly reception awaiting them, Mariusz and the other pointment are extremely cautious, anticipating an ambush. Fortunately, no such ambush occurs.

After two hours, Vita halts the party and points to a smashed highway interchange several hundred meters to the north.

"It's there. They'll be expecting us. They need to see that I am OK, though. There is a signal. Two whistles and the white flag means that everything is fine. May I?"

Dawid relates the information to Konrad who, after a few seconds' consideration, nods somewhat reluctantly. Dawid gives Vita the go-ahead and she steps out of the rubble.

She removes the white cloth out of her jacket and puts both pinky fingers in the corners of her mouth. She whistles loudly, twice. Then waves the white cloth for a few seconds. Wrapping it around her neck like a scarf, she raises both arms high and extends all of her fingers.

Mariusz spots a glint- sunlight reflecting off of some sort of optic- from the interchange. For a moment, he expects a sniper to drop the rather fetching Polish-Russian girl in the snow. Instead, someone from the interchange starts shouting something. It sounds like "Come on in!"

Without turning around, Vita shouts,

"It's alright. They see us. We're good. You can come on out now."

Somewhat reluctantly, the party emerges from cover and walks towards the outpost. The sniper detachment remains behind, concealed (they hope) and ready to kill should the welcome turn into an double-cross.

The outpost appears to be built around the rusty hulk of a knocked out Soviet-made MBT parked on the roadway. Several other destroyed AFVs are scattered around the interchange as well. Sections of the elevated roadway, running both north-south and east-west, have been collapsed by artillery fire. The effect is a maze-like warren of craters, trenches, rubble, and wrecked military vehicles. A tall man dressed in Polish raindrop pattern cammies and a greasy fur Ushanka hat emerges from the ground and waves you forward.

Vita leads you towards the man and into the heart of the outpost. An already sizeable crater has been enlarged into a sort of bunker and affored with what comforts the various people manning it have managed to install over the years. A large tent covers part of the crater; it barely sticks out above the road. A makeshift roof of railroad ties and corrugated tin covers the deeper western quarter of the crater. There appears to be a field radio underneath this reinforced section of the bunker. Three short communications trenches have been bored out of the pulverized asphalt away from the main crater- one leading several meters east to the wrecked T-86, another leading west to a burned-out BRDM AT vehicle, and the third leading south to a small fighting position/sniper's hide. Piotr must have been waiting there for Vita's return. A Dragunov SVD is slung over his shoulder.

Besides the tall man, who identifies himself as Piotr, there is another man and one woman in the crater. There must be others, as-yet unseen, stationed in other parts of the complex. There are a few folding chairs and a small patio table in the crater, as well as a couple of cots with ammo crate end-tables, and a pot-bellied, wood-burning stove nestled into the northern side wall. You didn't see any smoke on your way in so it must not be burning at the moment. Shelves have been dug into the walls and lined with wooden planks.

Having arrived at the outpost in one piece, Tucker gives the sniper detachment the all-clear signal and they emerge from their positions, joining the rest of the party in the bunker. Piotr grins wryly. "Shit. I didn't see all of them. Nice."

He's so tall- well over six feet- that he has to duck while standing under the tent. Turning to face you, says with a mix of suspicion and admiration, "Welcome, I guess. Vita must think you're OK. That's good enough for me- for now. You've been causing the Baron a lot of headaches lately. Can't say that bothers me much. He's a right fucking bastard. So who the hell are you people?"


Next Moves?


Updated Tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...7&mid=1289167812

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:01, Mon 08 Nov 2010.

Monika Sawicki
 player, 2 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Mon 8 Nov 2010
at 00:02
Re: Northern Outpost
   The black-haired woman in the Polish Army coat a size too large for her looks at the incoming strangers.  The Eastern bloc combat rifle she is holding is pointed off in a neutral direction.  She smiles at them.  Since Vita seemed to think they were all right, she would as well... until they proved otherwise.

   The woman volunteers some information in an attempt to make the strangers less nervous using heavily accented English, "Who the hell this person is Monika.  I am good medic.  You have injured?  I help."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:05, Mon 08 Nov 2010.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2125 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Mon 8 Nov 2010
at 10:42
Re: Northern Outpost
In reply to Monika Sawicki (msg #321):

"I am Dawid, and I am a Polish brother serving in the Home Army." He showed his red-and-white arm-band.

"We were sent here to cause problems with the Baron, and I believe we've been somewhat successful. Part of out job is to contact anyone who wants to resist the Baron."

"Our commander is Kapitan Bayer."


Dawid gestured with respect to Konrad. He spoke in fluent Polish, and it was clear from his accent, fatigues and green beret (with silver eagle badge) that he was formerly in the Polish army.

"Monika, I am pleased to meet you, sister. Yes, we have wounded."

This message was last edited by the player at 21:08, Mon 08 Nov 2010.

Viktorya Nowak
 player, 9 posts
 Russian
 Deserter
Mon 8 Nov 2010
at 16:03
Re: Northern Outpost
Vita did her best to not lead them anywhere they might think she was setting them up.  As they were moving tactically it was difficult to talk, but she tried to tell the Kaptain and Dawid some of the things she knows in hushed tones.

"Outposts have 24-hour shifts on station and then they're switched out with fresh troops from the central barracks area near the Baron's palace. My squad started our shift last night after the reports of armed intruders in the city. We were already thinking of walking away and recent events have made up our minds for us."

"The Baron's army is in a bit of disarray. During the early morning's firefights, the Ukranian company has taken over 50% casualties and lost all of its AFVs."

"Mid-morning, the Ukranians got into a brief but bloody firefight with some of the Polish irregulars over a UAZ-69 "jeep", killing about a half-dozen of the Polish. Word of the massacre got out over the radio and now the Polish part of the Baron's army is calling for Ukranian blood. The remains of the Baron's Black Guard is being kept on a tight leash, guarding the Baron himself and keeping an eye on the NATO company, which, rumor has it, is talking openly about deserting, en-masse."

"That leaves angry Polish irregulars to continue the fight against the unidentified intruders, assuming that's you, and none of them seem eager to do so."

"There is a market, near the old stadium/new fort but the refugees don't have a whole lot to trade because the Baron's men take all the good stuff. There's probably a bit of a black market but I don't know too much about it."


OOC:  Sorry for the brevity and basically copying and pasting the GM's notes.  Still in transit status so don't have much time to write up something more decent.  Besides, it gets all the information out that's available.
Jan Cerny
 player, 755 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Mon 8 Nov 2010
at 23:51
Re: Northern Outpost
After entering the bunker complex Jan kept to one side, ensuring that he was standing close the Captain, his rifle slung over his shoulder but his right hand near his pistol, which he had holstered just before entering.  His left arm was obviously bandaged and he gripped his webbing with his left hand in an attempt to keep it as immobile as possible.  He was certainly interested in the offer of medical aid but until they were certain of what was going on here he wasn't about to ask for it.

While Dawid did his introduction bit Jan glanced at his watch and then leaned close to Konard, quietly muttering to his commanding officer and speaking in English.  "Konrad.  If you still want me to contact the person who might help us it needs to be in the next hour.  The window is from 2pm to 3pm and it's gone two now."
Craig Sutherland
 player, 245 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Tue 9 Nov 2010
at 05:03
Re: Northern Outpost

Craig remained close to Dawid as he did the talking he tried to make a visual assessment of the solders and outpost noting weapons, equipment etc...

Monika Sawicki:
The woman volunteers some information in an attempt to make the strangers less nervous using heavily accented English, "Who the hell this person is Monika.  I am good medic.  You have injured?  I help."


"Indeed who the hell. If you could look at my leg I would be much obliged my colleague did a fine job earlier but if you too could have a look."

He looked towards the others to gauge a reaction if any. He then motioned for Jan to join him letting the Frenchman go first.
Dieter Brandt
 player, 264 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Tue 9 Nov 2010
at 08:33
Re: Northern Outpost
Dieter was last in, following Thor and Warren after Konrad had called them in. He kept quiet, as was his way, and positioned himself at the back, attempting to blend into the background. He appeared at ease, but was ready to move into action if needed.

He looked around at his new surroundings, taking in any relevant details. Of particular interest was the man (he thought he heard the name Piotr?) who was carrying an SVD. This may be a good opportunity to get some extra magazines and ammunition for his newly acquired SVU. His old PSG-1 was a valuable item, and might be useful as a trade item to get extra supplies.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2128 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Tue 9 Nov 2010
at 12:37
Re: Northern Outpost
In reply to Viktorya Nowak (msg #323):

"Thank you, sister. That is useful information indeed!"

Dawid lit a precious cigarette and offered the pack around, as well as a light.

"Piotr, Vita, Monika, do you know if the Baron holding a doctor named Urzula prisoner? I don't know her last name. Please, if you know anything about her, this is important!
Monika Sawicki
 player, 4 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Tue 9 Nov 2010
at 14:10
Re: Northern Outpost
   Monika declined the offer of a smoke with a wave of her hand.  She realized a long time ago that habits make you predictable and addictions make you controllable.  She studied the one asking about the Doctor, especially his face...  "Hmmmm...  Perhaps..." she mused.

   Monika shifted positions to sling her rifle and pick up her medical bag placed near her backpack.  She switched to Polish, her native tongue.  "People ask strangers about family and close friends.  Soldiers like us do not have many friends.  Looking at your face, I recall a married Doctor who was a guest of the Black Guard.  I saw her once or twice.  She is probably your sister.  If she was your wife, you would know her last name.  I heard that she was traded to a warlord for some artillery shells.  You understand how these things go.  Reka reke myje.  (One hand washes the other.)"

   She motioned toward one of the cots.  Monika tried to smile, but the warmth seems to have leaked from it some time ago.  She switched back to English.  "Step into office.  Doctor is in.  I look on arm and leg."
Jan Cerny
 player, 757 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Tue 9 Nov 2010
at 15:50
Re: Northern Outpost
Seeing Craig indicate that he was to go first with the medic Jan shook his head in response.

"Craig," he replied in English.  "You go first.  I need to resolve something with Konrad first."
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 828 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Tue 9 Nov 2010
at 17:04
Re: Northern Outpost
Mariusz sat on a sand bag and took his gun back off Thor, "Thankyou," he said as he loaded the last of his 40mm grenades into the now empty weapon.

He pulled out his baccy tin and said, "Would you like a cigarette? I can roll you one." The big man looed like he chewed wood and shat out sawdust but Mariusz believed that one good turn deserved another, "The tobacco is recycled from Western sources."

He listened to the conversation as he rolled a cigarette for Thor if he wanted one and another one for himself. He frowned at the news that Dawid's sister had possibly been traded away and said, "Woj, do you know where the warlord lived? If not we'll need to pick up a Black Guard prisoner to question."

He looked over at Dawid and said, "I guess we have just found our next mission after we get rid of this scum."
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2021 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Tue 9 Nov 2010
at 22:55
Re: Northern Outpost
Mariusz Tokarski:
He listened to the conversation as he rolled a cigarette for Thor if he wanted one and another one for himself. He frowned at the news that Dawid's sister had possibly been traded away and said, "Woj, do you know where the warlord lived? If not we'll need to pick up a Black Guard prisoner to question."


"You mean the Baron? He lives in the old Egyptian embassy."
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2130 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 10 Nov 2010
at 00:37
Re: Northern Outpost
In reply to Monika Sawicki (msg #328):

Distracted by the news, Dawid forgot to translate Vita's information into English, and continued speaking in Polish.

He smiled at Monika, obvious love and pride beaming through the grime on his face. Then he frowned and replied, "yes, Monika my friend, Urzula is my sister. She was a doctor here in Warszawa before and during the war, and stayed here even after the NATO siege, even after the NATO bombs destroyed the city. Perhaps I have a brother-in-law I have never met? I hope he is still alive, so many of our people are not. Many thanks, Monika."

Dawid continued speaking to Woj and Mariusz in Polish, "Woj, I think the warlord Mariusz is talking about is a different one than the Baron, someone he traded Urzula to for artillery shells. Do you know who this other warlord could be, or are we mistaken in this assumption?

"In a way, this makes our job a little easier; with Urzula out from under the Baron we need not show any restraint to him where he hides, Embassy building or no. And I have an idea how to deliver God's justice to him."


As an artilleryman, he was generally concerned about collateral damage although most of the time there wasn't much that could be done. They had a howitzer which he knew how to use and could move into an attack position, they had a definite target and apparently Urzula wasn't there... and they had binary shells full of nerve gas. To him, the equation was quite simple.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:41, Wed 10 Nov 2010.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 140 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Wed 10 Nov 2010
at 04:38
Re: Northern Outpost
As Jeff moves into the compound, he is wary of everyone else around.  Although he had caught bits of the conversation going on in Polish, it was only enough for him to figure out that it would be beneficial for the rest of the group to hear.

He walks up to Dawid and the two Polish women, and says "Izvinite menya serzhant, no, naskolʹko ya ponimayu iz vashego razgovora, vozmozhno, ostalʹnye iz nas dolzhen bytʹ informirovan o haraktere vashego obsuzhdeniya."  OOC:Excuse me Sergeant, but from what I understand of your conversation, perhaps the rest of us should be informed of the nature of your discussion.  Jeff was fairly certain Dawid spoke Russian, and as for the rest of the people there was no sense in giving away his true nationality yet.
Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 255 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Wed 10 Nov 2010
at 05:18
Re: Northern Outpost
Thor shook his head at the offer of a ciggarette. It was a filthy habit and one that could lead to all sorts of health problems including sudden, catastrophic ingestion of lead.
"Cause cancer."
The fact they were sitting in a nuked city didn't seem to register...

"Next time do this."
He showed Mariusz exactly how to deal with misfires, stoppages and various other problems he might encounter with the AK and grenade launcher.
"Not leave. Danger. Fix."
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2133 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 10 Nov 2010
at 08:22
Re: Northern Outpost
In reply to Jeff D. Warren (msg #333):

Warren's use of Russian brought him up short. He replied in the same language, "Простите мне, моему другу, который был груб и непрофессионален из меня. Пожалуйста примите мои извинени!"

"Er, allow me to translate into English." He passed along Vita's information to the rest of the team. "Furthermore, Monika says the Baron traded my sister to a warlord for some artillery shells. That is if I understand correctly."

Dawid winked and blew some smoke (and a kiss) at Thor, then waggled his eyebrows suggestively.

* "Pardon me, my friend, that was rude and unprofessional of me. Please accept my apologies."
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1302 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Wed 10 Nov 2010
at 22:22
Re: Northern Outpost
Jan Cerny:
"Konrad.  If you still want me to contact the person who might help us it needs to be in the next hour.  The window is from 2pm to 3pm and it's gone two now."


"Do it." Bayer replies.

OOC - I'm overwhelmed with some RL stuff at the moment. I'll try to catch up asap.
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2024 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Wed 10 Nov 2010
at 23:52
Re: Northern Outpost
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
Dawid continued speaking to Woj and Mariusz in Polish, "Woj, I think the warlord Mariusz is talking about is a different one than the Baron, someone he traded Urzula to for artillery shells. Do you know who this other warlord could be, or are we mistaken in this assumption?"


Woj shrugs.

"Beats me, Pio. There's a guy downriver a ways. I really don't know where. Another guy to the east. Wish I knew more. Ask the doctor lady here." he adds, pointing to Monika. "She probably knows more about it than I do."

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:00, Thu 11 Nov 2010.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 829 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Thu 11 Nov 2010
at 16:43
Re: Northern Outpost
Mariusz put his baccy away and said, "No problem Thor, it stunts the growth too. Thanks for showing me this, my training was pretty much "point this end at the enemy". I never knew war was so complicated until I met up with these NATO guys."

He blew a smoke ring making sure not to get the smoke in the Viking's face. He looked around at the new faces and continued talking with the hairy man, "I hope these new guys stick around longer than some we've met."
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2034 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Thu 11 Nov 2010
at 17:04
Re: Northern Outpost

The radio beneath the wood and tin roof hisses and crackles to life.

"Outpost Spider, Black HQ. Any sign of those raiders in your sector? The Ukranians aren't going in there again. Not sure yet if we're going to send relief tonight. Send situation report. OVER."
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2137 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Thu 11 Nov 2010
at 17:55
Re: Northern Outpost
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #337):

Dawid seemed really let-down by the reply. "Ah, all right, thanks. Very disheartening." He turned to Monika but halted when the radio came on. He finished his smoke, thinking.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:49, Thu 11 Nov 2010.

Viktorya Nowak
 player, 10 posts
 Russian
 Deserter
Thu 11 Nov 2010
at 18:27
Re: Northern Outpost
Cap'n Rae:
The radio beneath the wood and tin roof hisses and crackles to life.

"Outpost Spider, Black HQ. Any sign of those raiders in your sector? The Ukrainians aren't going in there again. Not sure yet if we're going to send relief tonight. Send situation report. OVER."

Vita frowned as the radio came to life, she had nearly forgotten that they would be relieved tonight.  She understood the need for a little get-to-know each other session, but it couldn't take too long.  Vita looked to Piotr to answer the radio, speaking in Polish, "Piotr, let them know it's all clear, and add some convincing complaining about the lack of relief, but don't push it.  Some extra time before we have to leave would be good actually.
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2035 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Thu 11 Nov 2010
at 19:12
Re: Northern Outpost
Viktorya Nowak:
Vita frowned as the radio came to life, she had nearly forgotten that they would be relieved tonight.  She understood the need for a little get-to-know each other session, but it couldn't take too long.  Vita looked to Piotr to answer the radio, speaking in Polish, "Piotr, let them know it's all clear, and add some convincing complaining about the lack of relief, but don't push it.  Some extra time before we have to leave would be good actually.


Piotr sets down his SVD and ducks under the bunker roof.

"Black HQ, this is Spider station. Negative on raider sightings. We haven't seen or heard anything up here. We're running low on food but we should be OK. Let us know if you're sending relief tonight- we don't want to shoot them up by mistake. OVER."

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:47, Thu 11 Nov 2010.

Viktorya Nowak
 player, 11 posts
 Russian
 Deserter
Thu 11 Nov 2010
at 20:10
Re: Northern Outpost
Piotr:
Piotr sets down his SVD and ducks under the bunker roof.

"Black HQ, this is Spider station. Negative on raider sightings. We haven't seen or heard anything up here. We're running low on food but we should be OK. Let us know if you're sending relief tonight- we don't want to shoot them up by mistake. OVER."

Vita nods in compliment to Piotr's good ruse with a thumbs up added.  That would hopefully not arouse any suspicions back at HQ.
Jan Cerny
 player, 759 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Thu 11 Nov 2010
at 23:55
Re: Northern Outpost
Konrad Bayer:
"Do it." Bayer replies.


Jan nodded in response and looked for a quiet corner of the bunker while Craig was treated by Monika.  Finding somewhere where he was relatively hard to listen in to he dug out Alexei's R-143 radio, it having a longer range than Jan's own hand radio, and then tuned it to a particular frequency that he appeared to have memorised.

Double checking the time again he then started transmitting, repeating the same message in Polish over and over again, hoping that he would get a response.  "Motyl.  To jest Żołądź."


OOC: "Motyl.  To jest Żołądź." hopefully means "Butterfly.  This is Acorn." in Polish.
Craig Sutherland
 player, 248 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Fri 12 Nov 2010
at 19:34
Re: Northern Outpost

Craig took a seat in the make shift surgery. He removed his pants and let the doctor look over the wound in his leg.

”So what can you tell me of the other check point to the North West, is it similar to here ? What heavy weapons do they have ?.”
Monika Sawicki
 player, 9 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Fri 12 Nov 2010
at 20:12
Re: Northern Outpost
   Monika examined Craig's wounded leg.  She spoke in a low voice.  "Not bad work."  The wound looked as if it had picked up a little dirt, most likely while traveling.  "Might hurt some."  Monika flushed out the wound, then rebandaged the leg.  "No sweet today."

   Monika turned away from Craig and reached into her pack for something.  When she turned back she was holding a tablet.  "Take now. I give more later."

   Now that she had finished with the task at hand, Monika considered what she understood the question to mean.  She shrugged as she replied, "Not know.  Never out before."


________________________________________________________________________________
Arttr 6 + Skill 5
13:48, Today: Monika Sawicki rolled 10 using 1d20. Medical (Trauma Aid) roll for Craig.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:13, Fri 12 Nov 2010.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2036 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Fri 12 Nov 2010
at 22:36
Re: Northern Outpost

Jan transmits his message several times with no response. He's about to call it quits when a woman's voice comes through faintly,

"Acorn, Butterfly. Winter comes early this year."

Jan recognizes the coded request for authentication. He responds with the appropriate countersign; when the woman speaks again, it's in French.

"Is Rooster with you?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:57, Fri 12 Nov 2010.

Jan Cerny
 player, 760 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Sat 13 Nov 2010
at 00:31
Re: Northern Outpost
"Negative," replied Jan in French across the radio to Butterfly.  He paused briefly.  How the hell did he tell her that Rooster, or Jakub as he had known him, was actually dead.  From what Jakub had said Butterfly was actually his wife, or rather widow now.

"We need to meet," he continued, still in French, "so that I can update you and possibly help you."
Craig Sutherland
 player, 249 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sat 13 Nov 2010
at 02:15
Re: Northern Outpost

Monika Sawicki:
   Monika examined Craig's wounded leg.  She spoke in a low voice.  "Not bad work."  The wound looked as if it had picked up a little dirt, most likely while traveling.  "Might hurt some."  Monika flushed out the wound, then rebandaged the leg.  "No sweet today."

   Monika turned away from Craig and reached into her pack for something.  When she turned back she was holding a tablet.  "Take now. I give more later."

   Now that she had finished with the task at hand, Monika considered what she understood the question to mean.  She shrugged as she replied, "Not know.  Never out before."


Craig nodded before taking the pill.

"Well thanks for your help."

He hops down from the make shift gurney and moves back with the others. Turning to Dawid and Konrad:

"So what's the plan ? Looks like we have an intact bridge if that helps. The communities on the other side of the river where hostile to the Baron in the past, they may like to be again. I for one would like to take a look at the checkpoint to the NW. If they are expecting a relief maybe we could use that to our advantage ?

Turning to the groups new found comrades Craig asks:

"So can ya canny tell us what the NE position is like ? Personnel, heavy weapons etc... Is it larger then this one ?"

This message was last edited by the player at 20:41, Sat 13 Nov 2010.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1303 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Sat 13 Nov 2010
at 02:48
Re: Northern Outpost
Craig Sutherland:
"So what's the plan?"


Bayer replies, "Let's see if we can get a little more information first." Then looking over his shoulder, he adds, "And see what Jan's assets can provide us."

Turning back to Sutherland, Bayer says, "See what else you can learn about the NW checkpoint."

This message was last edited by the player at 02:48, Sat 13 Nov 2010.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 143 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Sat 13 Nov 2010
at 04:56
Re: Northern Outpost
Jeff steps over to the conversation "I say we stay and ambush the relief. Or leave the snipers to do so while you move off. The Baron's forces are already turning on each other. Let's keep attacking their mind.  And now we have their radio frequency, let's press the psy-ops advantage."

From his inflection, it almost seemed like he was excited about the idea.
Dieter Brandt
 player, 266 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Sat 13 Nov 2010
at 08:31
Re: Northern Outpost
At hearing Jan talking quietly in French on the radio, Dieter's ears pricked up. He eavesdropped as best he could to gather what was being said.

He wasn't really sure what direction the team would be moving in next, but it seemed that they would be staying in the city for a while. If that was the case, they would need supplies. Hearing Warren mention an ambush, Dieter spoke up for the first time since arriving at the camp.

"If we are to stay in the city we will need food, ammunition and equipment. We have lost much of what we were carrying. The relief unit will bring food and supplies with them. If we hit them hard we can take them out quickly, and can liberate what we need."

Turing to Piotr he continued, "How many will arrive to provide relief, and what time should we expect them?"
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 830 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sat 13 Nov 2010
at 10:34
Re: Northern Outpost
Mariusz turned to face Vita and asked, "Who is likely to relieve you? We don't want to be planning to massacre people that might join us. What do you think about the ambush?"

"Hitting the Baron's troops again is a good idea," he said out loud, "but we're still unsupported, we've been lucky twice so far to evade death, the third time seems to be pushing it. It might be best to go to ground until we can marshall our allies. Wait for the 10th to be in position for us to co-ordinate our efforts and maybe call the Queen closer to provide limited fire support. She can't run the gauntlet of the river here to pick us up but she might be able to provide some harrassing fire until her ammo runs out."

"As for supplies and kit," he continued, "we might be able to find stuff here that can keep us going for a while. Ammo is another issue but I have quite a bit of 5.45mm to share if anyone needs it."
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2040 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 13 Nov 2010
at 16:48
Re: Northern Outpost
Mariusz Tokarski:
Mariusz turned to face Vita and asked, "Who is likely to relieve you? We don't want to be planning to massacre people that might join us. What do you think about the ambush?"


Piotr cocks his head to one side and gives it a brief shake,

"We won't know who's coming until we hear from HQ. It sounds like it won't be the Ukranians. It'll probably be another six or seven people but it they suspect that the raiders, heh, are still sneaking about in this sector, they might double that. They usually send a truck with relief for this outpost and the one to the northeast so it'll probably be 10-20 total, depending on which outpost they stop at first. Considering all that's been going on, we might be able to convince whoever comes out here to switch sides. On the other hand, that's taking a big chance, especially if Spider is the first stop. It's a tough call. We should know more when HQ calls back."

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:58, Sat 13 Nov 2010.

Viktorya Nowak
 player, 12 posts
 Russian
 Deserter
Sat 13 Nov 2010
at 17:39
Re: Northern Outpost
Vita frowned at the prospect of slaughtering anyone since she did have some people she liked among the Baron's troops although not many.  Still she wouldn't know who was coming until HQ radioed back.  Piotr spoke up before she could answer, so she simply nodded in agreement to his answer and assessment.
Craig Sutherland
 player, 250 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sat 13 Nov 2010
at 20:50
Re: Northern Outpost

“Well that looks like the first course of action if we like it or not. I to have a problem slaughtering innocents, but the majority of the Barons troops have done things that would have made the Nazi's weep and in different circumstances they would do the same to us.”

He thinks on the situation for a short time then adds:

“If the truck does drop off here first we maybe able to use it as a Trojan horse on the NE check point ?”

Turning to Piotr and the others Craig tries to ask about the NE check point again:


* Żałujący dla mojego złego Język polski  ale mógłby wy mówicie o *NE* punkt kontrolowy? Ile ludzie, jaki ciężkie bronie? Jaki obrona praca pracować ? Jest to podobny do tutaj.


*Sorry for my bad Polish but could you tell us about the NE check point ? How many men, what heavy weapons? what defensive work ? Is it like here.
Jan Cerny
 player, 761 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Sat 13 Nov 2010
at 22:22
Re: Northern Outpost
While Jan waited for Butterfly to respond over the radio he waved at Dawid, indicating that he should join Jan.  He then opened the backpack he had taken from Alexei and pulled out the battered satchel that Alexei had also carried.  The contents were probably interesting and there was an opportunity to digest them now.
Monika Sawicki
 player, 10 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Sun 14 Nov 2010
at 00:50
Re: Northern Outpost
   Monika grew tired of waiting for her second patient.  She secured the fasteners to her pack, then picked up the pack, her medical bag, and her rifle.  She moved to rejoin the others.

   Monika moved to the one called Captain Bayer.  In her halting English, she asked one of the several things on her mind.  "You go soon.  You fight Baron.  You need medic?"
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2042 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sun 14 Nov 2010
at 02:14
Re: Northern Outpost
Jan Cerny:
"Negative," replied Jan in French across the radio to Butterfly.  He paused briefly.  How the hell did he tell her that Rooster, or Jakub as he had known him, was actually dead.  From what Jakub had said Butterfly was actually his wife, or rather widow now.

"We need to meet," he continued, still in French, "so that I can update you and possibly help you."


Several seconds of dead air follow before Butterfly responds. Her voice carries an edge of concern.

"It's fairly hot here at the moment. That might be a problem. Are you at the Fair?"

Jan remembers that the Fair was the code-name for Warsaw. He replies in the affirmative.

"Alright. Sit tight. I'll see if I can arrange something. I'll call back in an hour. OUT."
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2139 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sun 14 Nov 2010
at 05:52
Re: Northern Outpost
In reply to Mariusz Tokarski (msg #353):

"I agree we need supplies and we need allies," he answered Mariusz.

Dawid addressed the others in English, to elaborate.

"In the Polish Home Army, when operating behind communist lines and we needed supplies, we would avoid directly attacking patrols. Instead, we would hit the supply dumps and convoys. If we can, I think we should do the same here. Most of the time the conscripts would not be interested in dying, they would give up without a shot and we would get what we need from the people, for the people. This might be harder to do with most of us being identified with NATO, but not impossible."

"This would be my idea: first, link up with our allies. Raid the Baron's supply system. In the mean time, bring up the howitzer and ammunition via the Queen. We can actually fire the gun from the boat itself, or use the amphibious Stalwart to bring the gun to shore and emplace it."


He looked at the other Poles there (particularly Vita), to see if they understood. He didn't want to come out and discuss the nerve agent outright, but he hoped the others would catch his drift.

"It worked in a sense at the town to the north where we stole the vehicles. I think it can work here too. Not with the Baron, but with his supply people."

This message was last edited by the player at 06:16, Sun 14 Nov 2010.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 147 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Sun 14 Nov 2010
at 17:09
Re: Northern Outpost
Jeff is a bit surprised a the mention of a howitzer, and some sort of boat.  This was the first anyone had mentioned such information.  Jeff excuses himself a bit from the native poles, and talks to Dawid in English, slightly off to the side.

"That howitzer can change a lot of things.  And what's this boat?  Anyway, I assume you have a good amount of shells for it?  That could be great to help the 10th, or take out the Baron if we pinpoint his position.  Any other surprises that could make this easier?  Also, I understand your concern about shooting the replacements, but we should be prepared to do so.  We can't simply leave, they'd report something being amiss.  I believe that it is possible they would turn to our side, so I support trying just that.  And even if that doesn't work, we'd still have a truck, and the Baron's radio channel.  We could use that to our advantage."

Jeff pauses to double check Dawid's insignia before continuing  "You're an artilleryman right?  Are there more back with your tube, or do we need you to fire it?  I do know how to observe...  But as for raiding the supply depots, the 10th needs those supplies to survive.  They have only a few days food remaining for the entire group.  That's the whole reason they, and I, have come to Warsaw.  If we try anything risky, we could have a 'disagreement'."

OOC: This conversation is hopefully carried out far enough away that none of the poles in the checkpoint, even the ones who speak English (poorly) can get a good idea of what's going on.  Also I'm not trying to have the same conversation IC and OOC go on for too long.
Viktorya Nowak
 player, 13 posts
 Russian
 Deserter
Sun 14 Nov 2010
at 19:50
Re: Northern Outpost
Vita looked a bit puzzled, she asked in her best English, "What is this Queen?"
Craig Sutherland
 player, 253 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sun 14 Nov 2010
at 23:45
Re: Northern Outpost

Suspecting his polish wasn't up to it he moves back to the others. Craig pulls up an old crate and takes a seat. Stretching his leg out he asks;

"I'm sorry but the whole give them time to surrender has not worked in the past. Even in a small group, all you need is one person wanting to be a hero and all bets are off."

He motions to Woj.

"With a larger group it would be impossible for a fire fight not to start. We need to cease any advantage we have and surprise is about it. It has to be pretty simple, get them in close and open up, two group opposite corners with lines of fire down either side of the truck. Snipers take out anyone in the cab, no 50 cal."

"If they where so incline to surrender we would have a BTR right now and we wouldn't of had to face the same bloody APC in the park. There can be no holding back, put the grenade in the back then see if they want give up."

He gives Jan a somewhat apologetic look, he didn't want to start anything.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:06, Mon 15 Nov 2010.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2144 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Mon 15 Nov 2010
at 00:11
Re: Northern Outpost
In reply to Jeff D. Warren (msg #361):

Dawid paused for a second and replied to Viktoria in Polish, "The "Queen" is the Wisla Krolowa, the Vistula Queen, a river tugboat we have armed and armoured. It is somewhat slow, however."

He then continued with Warren.

"I apologise for any confusion. We captured a D-30 "Frog" howitzer from the Baron in an engagement last week. We also captured a small quantity of fragmentation ammunition, perhaps half a dozen shells, as well as a few nerve gas binary shells. This material is north, up in Gora Kalawria, our base. The people of Gora Kalawria are religious and may have ethical objections to us using the gas, as these shells are in their personal possession."

"We have a gun crew, but I feel it would be best for me to be gunnery commander. Having me set up within visual sight of the target, if possible."


Returning, he waved aside Craig's point.

"That was once, Craig, Once. Maybe it never works for you, I can understand this. It always worked for me. The difference is we usually do it in the day, when they can see how fucked they are. The APC and crew had no reason to surrender, right in the middle of a fight they might not even noticed!" He frowned, showing how valid he thought that point was.

"If we leave before the replacements arrive, then the people here have every reason to conceal our past presence. The Baron would not take kindly to any of his troops letting us stay and then get away, even under duress." He wondered about the people in the apartment and wondered if the same applied to civilians, then put his regrets aside and moved on.

"If the 10th needs supplies, and we need supplies, it makes the most logical sense to combine forces with them to achieve this."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:23, Mon 15 Nov 2010.

Jan Cerny
 player, 764 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Mon 15 Nov 2010
at 00:14
Re: Northern Outpost
After completing his radio conversation, at least for the moment, Jan went looking for Konrad, intending on speaking quietly to him in English.  The bunker was quite close however so it was possible that others could have overheard.  "Capitaine.  I have tried to arrange a meeting with the contact I was given and I should receive a message back in an hour."

Jan then glanced around, looking for Dawid.  He had tried to catch Dawid's attention earlier on but it appeared that his friend was thoroughly involved in another conversation with Jeff and some of the new recruits.  Instead he decided to pass what he had discovered on to Konrad alone and then let him speak to Dawid, rather than briefing the pair of them together.

"I also found this," Jan continued to his commanding officer, this time leaning in close and attempting to whisper while passing Konrad Alexei's satchel and its contents.  "This was Alexei's.  I have looked inside and there are several maps.  One of them seems to show WTO unit locations in central Poland but it is annotated in Russian so you will need someone to translate to find out how old the intel is and whether there is more intel than is immediately apparent.  There are also what appear to be some codebooks but they are also in Russian.  I have to wonder why Alexei never chose to share this information with us before!  It may be that it is of little use to us but it may well be that Jeff and his commanders will find it useful."

After passing the satchel to Konrad, Jan then went off in search of the medic, who he had gathered was called Monika.  "I am sorry to keep you waiting," he said to her in Polish, "but I would be very grateful if you could look at my arm.  I think that the bullet passed clean through but it is hard to tend your own wound."
Jan Cerny
 player, 765 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Mon 15 Nov 2010
at 00:19
Re: Northern Outpost
Craig Sutherland:
"If they where so incline to surrender we would have a BTR right now and we wouldn't of had to face the same bloody APC in the park. There can be no holding back, put the grenade in the back then see if they want give up."

He gives Jan a somewhat apologetic look, he did want to start anything.


If anything Jan looked slightly embarrassed in response to Craig's comment and look.

"I apologise," he replied simply.  "That was a mistake."
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2145 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Mon 15 Nov 2010
at 00:28
Re: Northern Outpost
In reply to Jan Cerny (msg #366):

Dawid laughed. "Don't apologise, Mariusz! The BTR crew probably didn't even hear you, as we all know, and in the middle of a fight their blood would have been up and they were in an armoured tin can while we were not. It was a good try, not likely to succeed under the circumstances, but we can change the circumstances."

He looked over at the maps in Konrad's possession, then looked up. "Sorry, Jan, you tried to get my attention earlier?"

This message was last edited by the player at 00:45, Mon 15 Nov 2010.

Monika Sawicki
 player, 11 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Mon 15 Nov 2010
at 01:05
Re: Northern Outpost
   Monika excused herself from the Captain.   Taking care of someone was more important to her than military chit chat.  She motioned for Jan to come over to where she had been seated.  It felt good to use her native Polish language.  "I'll look at your arm here.  The light better and there is no need for privacy, since you will not need to remove your pants."

   She removed the bandage and examined the wound.  The bullet had gone through the arm, but there were fibers from the shirt embedded in the wound.  Unless Monika took care of it, the arm was sure to become infected.  "I will need to clean this out. If I do not, it will become infected from the fibers of your shirt.  This is going to hurt a little...  maybe more than a little."

   Monika cleaned both wounds well.  The entry wound did start to bleed a little, but Monika quickly got pressure on it to stop the blood loss.  A bit of bandaging completed the redressing of the arm wounds.  Monika turned away from Jan to fiddle with something in her pack for a moment.  When she turned to face Jan again, she was holding a tablet which she offered to him.  "Take this now.  It will ward off anything you might have picked up from your wound."

_______________________________________________________________________

Attribute 6 and skill 5
18:46, Today: Monika Sawicki rolled 9 using 1d20. Medical (Trauma Aid) roll for Jan
Craig Sutherland
 player, 254 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Mon 15 Nov 2010
at 06:50
Re: Northern Outpost

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
"If we leave before the replacements arrive, then the people here have every reason to conceal our past presence. The Baron would not take kindly to any of his troops letting us stay and then get away, even under duress." He wondered about the people in the apartment and wondered if the same applied to civilians, then put his regrets aside and moved on.

"If the 10th needs supplies, and we need supplies, it makes the most logical sense to combine forces with them to achieve this."


"I don't think these people want to stay, I think they may want to come with us. What's the word ..."defect"

He looks around at the group.

"The point I'm trying to get across is the we can't start to show restraint, we are not in the position to. We can't take prisoners, what will we do with them".

"sorry I didn't mean to impart blame or second guess anyone's actions."

"The truck is a resupply they will have food, weapons and ammunition enough that we don't have to return to the village before the 10th move. We can also use it to move the recoilless rifle and it's squad if people think that a good idea."

"While I think it would be a good idea to move the howitzer to provide support I don't think we can use it as assassination tool. The use of the "other" rounds in a populated area where friends and family maybe present as well as a sizeable civilian population really can't be justified, can it ?

"In the long run if we take out the NE check point we have an open northern escape or attack route. We have secured the only standing bridge across the river for probably hundreds of miles without firing a shot."

This message was last edited by the player at 06:59, Mon 15 Nov 2010.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2147 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Mon 15 Nov 2010
at 08:16
Re: Northern Outpost
In reply to Craig Sutherland (msg #369):

"You are right, my friend."

"My preference would be to join forces with the 10th and raid a supply dump, if we can hold on until they arrive. I gather that may not be possible because to our knowledge, but I would prefer some kind of confirmation.

"If we have to engage the replacements, I will not insist on giving away the element of surprise. Although I am not happy about it, this is besides the point. If it has to be an ambush, an ambush it is."

"The application of our "special" rounds could be quite precise, especially if we get the gun within visual range of the Baron's HQ and the nearby barracks. There are inhabited areas nearby to the south but I am confident collateral damage can be avoided."

"Still, that will be for another time. I have a couple corrections. I don't think the D-30 can be fired from the deck of the Krolowa. As well, Gora Kalawria, our base, is to the south of Warszawa, not the north."

This message was last edited by the player at 08:57, Mon 15 Nov 2010.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 961 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Mon 15 Nov 2010
at 09:38
Re: Northern Outpost
Tucker finds a secluded spot nearby and goes to sleep for as long as he can.

Tucker will let Jan or Minh know where he is going and about where he will be doing it.  "Let me know when I'm needed while everyone else decides our next move.  Who knows when I'll get the chance to sleep again and for how long!"

This message was last edited by the player at 21:34, Mon 15 Nov 2010.

Dieter Brandt
 player, 268 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Mon 15 Nov 2010
at 12:28
Re: Northern Outpost
Dieter listened to the beginning of the conversation about tactics, but after a while got bored. Military theory had never really interested him. He wandered off to explore the small camp, and check out the surroundings. While there he kept his eye out for anything of interest.

Once done he found a comfortable spot to get some rest. Hopefully, sleep would come.
Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 259 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Mon 15 Nov 2010
at 14:19
Re: Northern Outpost
Mariusz Tokarski:
"I hope these new guys stick around longer than some we've met."


"Thor no sure so much. Máni sister Sunna ok."
He jerked his bearded chin at the medic, Monika.
"But not know Njörun. Pretty. Niebezpieczny."
His chin jerked at the stunningly feminine curves of Viktorya.

He listened in to the conversations around him, struggling to understand the rapid words in foreign tongues. Mjollnir found itself being stripped and cleaned, the PM-63 SMG ready for action close at hand.
Finally Thor thought he had enough of a grasp of the conversation to contribute.
"Leave here." he pointed at Vita's unit of militia.
"They change other. Stay, fight inside. Soviet fight not inside. Pincer Dřkkálfar. Kill Dřkkálfar."

A heavy magazine clicked into place, completing his maintenance of the imposing weapon.
"Now eat. Thor hungry. Bring food."

This message was last edited by the player at 01:37, Tue 16 Nov 2010.

Viktorya Nowak
 player, 14 posts
 Russian
 Deserter
Mon 15 Nov 2010
at 17:55
Re: Northern Outpost
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
Dawid paused for a second and replied to Viktoria in Polish, "The "Queen" is the Wisla Krolowa, the Vistula Queen, a river tugboat we have armed and armoured. It is somewhat slow, however."

He then continued with Warren...

Vita nods understanding the words, but not quite understanding it's significance as she has no experience with watercraft beyond a brief recreational moment.  She was smart enough to understand that it would be a good way to escape the Baron, although she recalled something about a riverine force controlled by the Baron.

The newcomers were talking an awful lot in English and Vita struggled to understand completely everything that was being said.  At the very least it seemed this group had an somewhat different agenda than her and her group.  She had no intention of going after and killing the Baron, she just wanted to get with a strong enough group to get away from him and his increasingly rowdy troops.

Thor's exact comments were not understood at all, but she got the gist of his somewhat lewd motions.  Rolling her eyes a bit, as this was some of the issue she had with the Baron's troops, current company excepted.  She did manage to understand that the newcomers were discussing attacking her squad's relief.  Frowning uncertain about how she felt about the ambush she attempted to interject in English, "Excuse you me.  We wait see who come.  May be friend.  Radio tell us when time.  Please."  Hoping her plea in broken English could sway the group to wait until they could figure out who was coming to relieve them since there were plenty of friends or acquaintances that were likely to be swayed without a shot being fired.  There was no way to tell until they got word of which squad would be coming to relieve them.  The other quandary was that there was no telling at this point when the relief would be coming at all.
Jan Cerny
 player, 768 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Mon 15 Nov 2010
at 22:57
Re: Northern Outpost
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
He looked over at the maps in Konrad's possession, then looked up. "Sorry, Jan, you tried to get my attention earlier?"


"Just to ask you to translate the Russian on these maps and in these code books for Konrad and me," replied Jan in English.  "They belonged to Alexei and look to be important to me, though possibly mostly for Jeff."




Monika Sawicki:
Monika turned away from Jan to fiddle with something in her pack for a moment.  When she turned to face Jan again, she was holding a tablet which she offered to him.  "Take this now.  It will ward off anything you might have picked up from your wound."


Jan hesitated briefly before taking the tablet, glancing at it and attempting to identify it.  He thought about it for a few moments but decided that it was time to trust their new companions.  These deserters had gone too far for the Baron to forgive them so it was highly unlikely that there was anything untoward going on.  Jan was also extremely tired and taking the pill was the easiest option.

"Thank you for cleaning up my wound," answered Jan in Polish.  His Polish was good but accented - he obviously wasn't a Pole and the accent was probably hard to place.  "You are called Monika.  Is that right?  I am Jan."

He wiped his right hand on his jacket, attempting to clean some of the dirt of it, and then offered it to Monika to shake in greeting.  He then pulled out a packet of cigarettes and lit one for himself, before offering Monika one as well.
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2045 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Mon 15 Nov 2010
at 23:42
Re: Northern Outpost

The sun is starting to sink towards the western horizon. Like the sun, the temperature is also starting to fall. The high today must have been around 45 to 50F- enough to melt quite a bit of the snow on the ground- but the early winter chill is starting to creep back in with the slow retreat of the sun.

At 1500 hours, "Butterfly" contacts Jan on the prearranged frequency. Her signal is faint and Jan has a hard time hearing her. She suggests that she come to you. She needs more information before she can arrange for refuge, and most of that information can't be broadcast over the radio without a secure, encrypted connection- neither of which is available at the moment. To make things even more complicated, Jan's radio's battery life light starts to blink, indicating that it is about to lose power. The party has another medium range radio but the loss of this one will definitely hamper the unit's communications capabilities.


At 1600 hours, outpost Spider's hand-cranked dynamo-powered WTO radio crackles to life. Those who understand Polish crowd around, trying to hear what Black HQ has planned for the coming evening.

"Outpost Spider. Black HQ. We are sending relief. It should be arriving there between 1700 and 1800 hours. Acknowledge. OVER."

Piotr responds,

"Black HQ. Spider. Acknowledge. You're not sending any of those Fucking Ukranians, are you? OVER."

Piotr is showing himself to be a rather clever fellow.

"Negative. Your relief is from Raven company. The Black Guard is sending an escort."

"Copy that, Black HQ. With the bandits about, we don't want any friendly fire incidents. Which way is the relief convoy coming in and with what vehicles? OVER."

"Er, one truck for the relief squad and a BTR on escort. They're stopping at the Crab first. They'll be flying the Baron's ensign. OVER."

"Roger that, Black HQ. We'll start tidying the place up for them. You make sure our supper is ready when we get back. Spider, OUT."

"Heh! Black HQ OUT."


Piotr turns to you and says, "Shit. What now?"

Seeing your somewhat puzzled looks, he adds,

"Raven company is one of the Baron's main force units- loyal and competent. If they stop at Crab first- that's the outpost to the northeast of here- there'll be at least a dozen people on the truck by the time it gets here. They'll be coming in on the 8 from the east. And then there's that Black Guard BTR..."


NEXT MOVES?

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:11, Tue 16 Nov 2010.

Monika Sawicki
 player, 12 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Tue 16 Nov 2010
at 00:04
Re: Northern Outpost
   Monika shook Jan's hand saying, "Yes, I am Monika Sawicki.  It is good to meet you."  She refused the offer of the smoke, however, smiling as she said.  "Thank you, but no.  I can't afford the bad habits I already have."

   Monika recalled Jan's reluctance to take the pill.  "About the pill?  It was an antibiotic to help your wound heal better.  Do not worry, I have a few extra put back for emergencies.  I am a good medic."

   Monika knew that she couldn't stay at the outpost.  The Baron would have discovered that she was gone by now.  Being anywhere that evil man could reach was not a good idea for her.  She took a deep breath.  "Does your team need a good medic?"
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1304 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Tue 16 Nov 2010
at 02:36
Re: Northern Outpost
Jan Cerny:
After completing his radio conversation, at least for the moment, Jan went looking for Konrad, intending on speaking quietly to him in English.  The bunker was quite close however so it was possible that others could have overheard.  "Capitaine.  I have tried to arrange a meeting with the contact I was given and I should receive a message back in an hour."


Bayer replies, "The team is eager for putting together a plan. Any idea what this meeting might be able to bring to table?"

Monika Sawicki:
"Does your team need a good medic?"


Overhearing this, Bayer says quietly, "Unfortunately it seems there is never a time when there is no need for a good medic."

This message was last edited by the player at 02:44, Tue 16 Nov 2010.

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 260 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Tue 16 Nov 2010
at 02:56
Re: Northern Outpost
"Ambush."
He pointed at the SPG-9 and SG-43 indicating by gesture they'd be a valuable addition to the firepower against the expected BTR and truck.
"Kill all. Take packs."
Dieter Brandt
 player, 271 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Tue 16 Nov 2010
at 14:41
Re: Northern Outpost
Hearing the radio crackle into life with the discussion in Polish between Piotr and the man at HQ, Dieter was roused from his rest. You couldn't really call it sleep, but he had at least managed a cat-nap.

The relief would arrive at five, or maybe a little later. That gave them about an hour to be ready. The question was, did they go now, or wait for the relief to arrive. From the way this unit had operated before, he guessed they were going to wait, and deliver a deadly ambush like they had with the horse patrol.

He rose and straightened out his battered uniform, then picked up all his kit and readied his weapons, quickly making sure they were clean and in good order. He looked around, surveying the surroundings again. He was looking for some high ground from which to observe their surroundings, and possibly provide sniper cover.

He approached Konrad and snapped a quick salute. "Herr Bayer, if we are to stay and deliver an ambush I suggest we set up an observation post on high ground. I am ready to head out now to find a good location. I can take someone with me if you wish, Mariusz maybe as he knows the area well. I could also train him up on the PSG-1."

He had come to like the young Pole. Still just a boy in years but now a man in life experience. Also, joining up with Mariusz would mean not having to pair up with that idiotic Norwegian. Thor may have proved himself as a good shot, but his levels of sanity still left alot to be desired.
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 831 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Tue 16 Nov 2010
at 16:34
Re: Northern Outpost
Mariusz grimaced, "At least that makes it straightforward, we kill them all and steal their stuff."

"I'd be happy to take part in an OP," he continued, "it might also be sensible to get Thor where he can take potshots at the BTR, capturing it would be useful, but not worth risking lives for."
Viktorya Nowak
 player, 15 posts
 Russian
 Deserter
Tue 16 Nov 2010
at 21:48
Re: Northern Outpost
Sure enough soon after Vita asked for a possible reprieve it seemed the Baron was smarter than expected sending his most loyal troops to do even the mundane outpost duty.  For a second her heart skipped wondering if their little plan to desert had been found out, but it didn't matter now.  The deed was underway, and it only left one avenue with the Baron's loyalists coming -- kill them all.  Vita wasn't heartless, but she had to be unmoving and unemotional for the sake of her own survival as well as those of her men who have come to trust her.  She placed a gentle hand, now getting a bit of chill, on Piotr's shoulder and said to him in Polish, "Now is the time to leave.  We will take what we can and setup the ambush.  We cannot afford anyone getting word back to the Baron of our defection.  It's now us or them."  She gave a comforting look while squeezing Piotr's shoulder as comfort and steadfastness.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2153 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Tue 16 Nov 2010
at 22:20
Re: Northern Outpost
In reply to Dieter Brandt (msg #380):

As he talked, Dawid quickly cleaned the PKM. Not a lot of ammunition left, but enough to do the job. He yawned, bone tired from last night's exertion, but somewhat refreshed by the break. Enough to get the job done.

"Dieter, I suggest you take a local guide, not just Mariusz. Perhaps Vita can be of assistance."

He switched to Polish and translated for Vita and Monika. "My sisters, as Vita says, we may need to move out quickly. Do you wish to join us?"
Viktorya Nowak
 player, 17 posts
 Russian
 Deserter
Tue 16 Nov 2010
at 22:43
Re: Northern Outpost
Her hand still on Piotr's shoulder she turned her head to look at Dawid and nodded for herself and replying in Polish, "Yes, I'm all in."  She then turns to Piotr with an expectant expression and look in her eyes.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:03, Tue 16 Nov 2010.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2046 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Tue 16 Nov 2010
at 23:01
Re: Northern Outpost
Viktorya Nowak:
Her hand still on Piotr's shoulder she turned her head to look at Dawid and nodded for herself and replying in Polish, "Yes, I'm all in."  She then turns to Piotr with an expectant expression and look in her eyes.


Piotr looks away for a few seconds, clearly weighing the possible consequences of the impending decision in his mind. When he looks up at Vita to respond, it's almost as if he's talking to himself.

"OK. Let's ambush them. If we're not here when they arrive in an hour, we may be hunted. If we can destroy them, we'll buy ourselves some more time and possibly discourage anyone else from coming after us. We really do need the food too."

With more confidence, he turns and addresses the entire group.

"Are we all in agreement? Ambush it is then? The recoilless should be able to knock out the BTR and it looks like we have a couple of MGs and quite a few marksmen. If we set this up right, it should work."

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:03, Tue 16 Nov 2010.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 256 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Tue 16 Nov 2010
at 23:50
Re: Northern Outpost
Cap'n Rae:
"Are we all in agreement? Ambush it is then? The recoilless should be able to knock out the BTR and it looks like we have a couple of MGs and quite a few marksmen. If we set this up right, it should work."



"Yes I'm for an ambush, but I think we should use the emplacement here. The lines of fire are already set, we don't have the time to relocate and the enemy won't expect an attack from their own position. Maybe we should use a couple of other groups to cut off an escape and to give use some other angles of fire."

"Can someone ask the Poles what at the NE check point ? I tried but my Polish isn't that great. Don't want a T-80 tearing towards us."
Monika Sawicki
 player, 13 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Wed 17 Nov 2010
at 00:23
Re: Northern Outpost
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
He switched to Polish and translated for Vita and Monika. "My sisters, as Vita says, we may need to move out quickly. Do you wish to join us?"



   Monika thought about her other available options, which were go on her own or surrender to the Baron's men, then smiled as she replied in Polish.  "I do not know about how quickly I can move with my equipment, but I will go with you.  Do you know if anyone needs more AK ammunition?  I am a medic.  I am not so good with a rifle.  Maybe someone can use my cartridges more effectively"
Jeff D. Warren
 player, 148 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Wed 17 Nov 2010
at 01:12
Re: Northern Outpost
"We shouldn't bother trying to capture the BTR.  Too much could go wrong.  Let's use the SPG like he says to take it out right away, and then cut down the passengers and crew of the truck.  We have to be careful not to damage it though, as it would be much more preferable to take that than to walk."

Jeff takes a moment to look to the East at the approach.  "A classic L shape, or even a U shape if we can get 2 to 3 different levels of ambushers would do great.  Have a sniper team ready to take out the driver as soon as the truck stops, and someone on the SPG.  Have to make it look semi-casual though, otherwise they won't approach.  Initiate ambush as soon as the SPG fires.  Have someone with an RPG ready to backup the SPG.  We'll need a couple people in the outpost to make it look like everything is normal.  Everyone else will need to be well hidden."

If the Captain agrees with his plan, he'll reiterate it in Russian and Polish.
Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 261 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Wed 17 Nov 2010
at 04:31
Re: Northern Outpost
Thor stared in amazement as the Huldrekall suggested a U shaped ambush. His stupidity only reinforced Thor's strong belief that he was there to cause mischief and destruction on them all. Hadn't he seen the movie Ronin?*
Shaking off his disbelief, he returned to the conversation.
"Kill ALL. No prisoner. No escape. No warn."
"Ambush there."
He pointed forcefully away from the emplacement, well away from the emplacement.
He again indicated Vita's people.
"They come back. Radio gunfire unhappy no replace."
"Maybe two ambush?"
"Maybe we leave. They stay change other. Fight inside."



* yes, I know it's a 1998 and post nuke movie, but the idea fits too neatly to ignore. ;)
Dieter Brandt
 player, 272 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Wed 17 Nov 2010
at 08:56
Re: Northern Outpost
Dieter nodded at Dawid, accepting the instruction. He turned to Vita and Piotr and said in his basic Polish, "We are going to find some high ground to set up an observation point. We would like one of your squad to come with us. I would suggest you, Piotr, as you have an SVD, but it is your call."

Once one of them had been nominated he called Mariusz over and said to his small unit, "Okay, get your gear together and let's go." With that he turned and headed off to find an appropriate location.
Craig Sutherland
 player, 257 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Wed 17 Nov 2010
at 09:34
Re: Northern Outpost
Thor Halgeirsen:
"Kill ALL. No prisoner. No escape. No warn."
"Ambush there."
He pointed forcefully away from the emplacement, well away from the emplacement.


After listening to Thor butcher the Queens English Craig asks with a sigh;

"And we should leave the fortified position from which the enemy are not expecting an ambush from and are likely to stop right outside, because ?"

Turning to Warren he adds: "Sorry mate no more RPG."

This message was last edited by the player at 09:36, Wed 17 Nov 2010.

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 262 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Wed 17 Nov 2010
at 09:53
Re: Northern Outpost
"Noise. No link with us."
"They come back, change more."

Thor kept trying to get his point across, switching between poor Norwegian, bad English and possibly even worse Polish. Eventually though and with much stopping and starting it seemed he advocated divorcing their proposed actions from the checkpoint so that the current inhabitants could stay within the city and recruit more members to the cause. Then, on a prearranged signal, they could rise up from within while the 10th TD attacked from without.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2154 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 17 Nov 2010
at 10:04
Re: Northern Outpost
In reply to Thor Halgeirsen (msg #392):

After threading the ammunition belt back into the feed tray, Dawid slapped the cover of the PKM's receiver down. "What our Norwegian friend is trying to say, I believe, is to simply depart and do not pick a fight we can avoid. That way we do not risk further reduction in our strength. As Lt. Sutherland points out, we have no more RPGs.

"This way the people here can continue to recruit for us, and we meet up with the 10th whatever division those Ukrainian fellows were from. This would be something I would favour, too."

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 264 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Wed 17 Nov 2010
at 10:07
Re: Northern Outpost
"No! No! No!" he declared with exhasperation.
"Kill ALL. Not kill here."
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2156 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 17 Nov 2010
at 10:39
Re: Northern Outpost
In reply to Thor Halgeirsen (msg #394):

"Yes yes, no no, make up your mind. I think I have most of it right."
Jeff D. Warren
 player, 151 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Wed 17 Nov 2010
at 13:44
Re: Northern Outpost
"Dieter wait.  Piotr seems to be the one in charge, so he should stay on the radio.  Find another local.  Maybe get them to swap for the SVD."  he turns to Piotr and says in his basic Polish "We need you to stay on the radio so they expect nothing is wrong."

He then turns to Thor, who had been gesturing and grunting, but actually making a point.  "I get what he's saying and I like the general idea.  But I think trying to conduct two ambushes is an unnecessary risk.  We should ambush the reinforcements here and use their truck to escape.  Any of the locals who wish to come with us can, while the rest should do as Thor suggested and try and build up support for our cause."
Minh Quyen
 player, 530 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Wed 17 Nov 2010
at 21:47
Re: Northern Outpost
While the others were talking, Quyen sorted out what remained of her gear and did a quick wipe-down of her rifle, checking for rust mostly. She then reassembled the AK74, changed her socks, and leaned up against a wall next to Tucker.

With combat finished, she didn't feel the need to be so joking around anymore. In a normal, but tired tone, she says, "Ok Sergeant? You got busted up when that explosion dumped a ton of concrete from that animal cage on you. They have a medic. Maybe you should get checked before the Hauptmann's gets us moving."
Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 267 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Wed 17 Nov 2010
at 23:01
Re: Northern Outpost
Thor's feelings were hurt.
Tyr had had a concrete animal cage fall on him, but Thor had been buried by the entire top floor of an apartment building! Nobody was bothering to ask how he was....

But it was understandable. Thor was afterall a GOD!
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 962 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Thu 18 Nov 2010
at 00:05
Re: Northern Outpost
Minh Quyen:
While the others were talking, Quyen sorted out what remained of her gear and did a quick wipe-down of her rifle, checking for rust mostly. She then reassembled the AK74, changed her socks, and leaned up against a wall next to Tucker.

With combat finished, she didn't feel the need to be so joking around anymore. In a normal, but tired tone, she says, "Ok Sergeant? You got busted up when that explosion dumped a ton of concrete from that animal cage on you. They have a medic. Maybe you should get checked before the Hauptmann's gets us moving."

Tucker stirs and smiles when he hears Minh's voice and her sitting next to him on the floor.  "Is that an order ma'am?  I was thinking of disobeying it hoping you would kick my ass a little but, I think you're being serious now.  OK Mom, help me up and we'll go and get checked out.  I don't want any problems!  Anyone dedcide what the fuck we're doing yet?"
Monika Sawicki
 player, 15 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Thu 18 Nov 2010
at 01:44
Re: Northern Outpost
   Monika had been following the discussion as well as she could.  Finally, she couldn't wait any longer.  "What you do?  You go and I go.  You fight and I fix.  Is time to fish or cut worms."  She holds up her AK-74.  "I say fight here."
Jan Cerny
 player, 770 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Thu 18 Nov 2010
at 14:16
Re: Northern Outpost
OOC - I need to jump around in time a little in this post as Jan responds to various people so hopefully I've put everything in a logical order.

Konrad Bayer:
Bayer replies, "The team is eager for putting together a plan. Any idea what this meeting might be able to bring to table?"


"At present I am uncertain," Jan answered in English.  "I will know more when she contacts me again but my understanding was that my original contact was a man of importance in Warsaw.  It is a guess but I think that he was someone who worked with the Baron, though under false pretences.  He was opposed to the Baron and wanted to get himself and Butterfly away from Warsaw and the Baron."

There was more but Jan felt that it was wrong to explain further about Jakub at this time as it would start to raise questions regarding Jan's reasons for being in Poland, something he had never really been pushed on.  Anneka had asked a couple of simple questions when Jan had first joined Konrad's command but she had been easy to divert.  Dawid had also asked and Jan had hinted that one day he might be able to help Dawid and the Pole had been happy to leave it at that.

What Jan needed to find was a Polish leader he trusted and believed in.  Dawid was a soldier not a leader but Dawid served the right side as far as Jan could see.  Maybe one of Dawid's commanders would prove to be a good leader for Poland.

Monika Sawicki:
She took a deep breath.  "Does your team need a good medic?"


"Most certainly," Jan replied in Polish.  "I am the medic at the moment because, as they say, I am the least bad at looking after wounds.  I have had instructions from a very good doctor though."

When Konrad made his joke about always needing a good medic Jan just smiled.  The casualty rate for this ragtag unit was indeed high but then that was the way of the world now!



Before the battery on Ondar's radio completely died Jan attempted to arrange a meet point with Butterfly, using the pre designated locations Jakub had given him code names for and checking with Mariusz and Dawid, if necessary, regarding where particular places were in Warsaw.  He didn’t know the city at all and so was reliant on someone with local knowledge to find where they were going. 

"Konrad," Jan addressed his commander in English.  "I have spoken again with Butterfly and she wishes to meet up so that she can work out how to aid us.  She wishes to come to us and she is talking about providing us some refuge.  It is not safe to go into more detail at present as the radio is unencrypted."



As the discussion turned to ambushing the relief force, following the radio communications between Piotr and his HQ, Jan left the discussion of how to conduct the ambush to the others present.  He was exhausted and even twenty minutes of sleep would help and he trusted most of the others making the plans to get it right, particularly Konrad, Dawid, Craig and Jeff.  Tuck and Minh seemed to have the right idea for the moment - get some rest!

He tried to find a corner to have a brief doze.
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 833 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Thu 18 Nov 2010
at 16:48
Re: Northern Outpost
Mariusz grabbed his gear and loaded up before following Dieter toward wherever the German deemed a good Observation point. He checked his night vision goggles in anticipation of nightfall before shouldering his rifle and following Dieter.
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1305 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Thu 18 Nov 2010
at 22:55
Re: Northern Outpost
"Ok Jan. Setup a meet point near the checkpoint... but still on neutral ground. We're going to setup the ambush there an I don't want anything suspicious getting tied to that location." Bayer replies.

He then repeats himself a little louder, "We'll setup a deliberate ambush at the checkpoint. Dawid, status on unit ammo? Are we still combat effective?"

"We'll need to see the ground first. But I'm anticipating an L shaped ambush. A support element in the checkpoint and assault on the flank. The Poles can flesh out the two groups and form the cut off element." Bayer says, adding, "Gear up. We're moving soon."

OOC - I haven't been able to follow along too closely lately... is the checkpoint where we're at? Or elsewhere? Ignore Bayer's confusion if we're already here.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:49, Thu 18 Nov 2010.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2050 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Thu 18 Nov 2010
at 23:21
Re: Northern Outpost

Before Ondar's radio dies, Jan arranges to meet Butterfly at 0800 the next morning. There's a curfew in the city after dark and then there's the matter of the outpost's relief expected sometime in the next couple of hours.
Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 270 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Fri 19 Nov 2010
at 01:00
Re: Northern Outpost
In reply to Konrad Bayer (msg #403):

"Very bad plan," Thor shook his hairy head.
"Dřkkálfar know here. Know back way."
"We not know well. We trapped. We die."
"Go tre, fire, fem metermĺl.
He held up 3, then 4, then 5 fingers before pointing away.
"We pick ground fight on. We way run. No Dřkkálfar run."
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 963 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Fri 19 Nov 2010
at 01:11
Re: Northern Outpost
In reply to Monika Sawicki (msg #400):


Tucker approaches Monika after hearing that she was a medic looking for people to help with Minh(?) following him to make sure that he gets checked out.  He nods to her and gives her a friendly smile but the look in his tired eyes is evident, "Afternoon ma'am.  I'm Tucker and my Mother behind me wanted me to get checked out.  I had a couple things hit me and fall on me on our way over here."
Monika Sawicki
 player, 17 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Fri 19 Nov 2010
at 01:48
Re: Northern Outpost
   Monika leads Tucker back to the cots.  She pokes and prods him for a while, checking range of motion and for overly sore locations.  Finally, she looks at him.  "You fine.  No problem."

   Monika returns to the group after Tucker's examination.  She announced to the blending unit, "I have AK and magazines.  Want trade for smaller weapon."
________________________________________________________________________________

Attribute 6 and skill 5
19:38, Today: Monika Sawicki rolled 18 using 1d20. Medical (Trauma Aid) roll for Tucker.
Craig Sutherland
 player, 259 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Fri 19 Nov 2010
at 05:58
Re: Northern Outpost

”So we let them in close, the relief should be dismounting from the truck before this goes down. Closer they are the easier time of it the RR crew will have.”

”I'm happy to go wherever, one of the blocking force on the other side of the road. I also have two RKG-3 AT Grenades, but that's it for Anti tank. If some one else thinks they can make better use of them they are welcome.”

Craig then starts to get his gear in order.
Dieter Brandt
 player, 275 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Fri 19 Nov 2010
at 08:54
Re: Northern Outpost
Before heading off Dieter handed his AK74 and ammo over to Dawid; he would need it more than Dieter would.

Once done he headed out of the outpost with Mariusz and one of Vita's squad (Rae - please can you let me know who it is, and if he has taken Piotr's SVD). They headed to the North East, aiming for the building there that was half demolished, looking for a good location for an OP.

They moved quickly and quietly, keeping their eyes open for possible danger. Once at the building they located a good spot that had a wide view down the road to the East, where the relief column would be coming from, as well as a good view of the killzone.

He got on the radio. "Hailstorm-1, Lightning-1, this is Thunder-2. We are in position and all set. Will report when the visitors arrive. Over."

With that he handed the PSG-1 over to Mariusz. "Now, my young friend. I have a new toy for you. Ever used one before?" With that he quickly went through the basics of the rifle with him, making sure it was zeroed in on the killing area, and that Mariusz understood all of the basic rules of good sniper practice. Once done he made sure that the boy was comfortable in good cover, he made sure their companion was also set up properly, and then set himself up as well. He set up his own weapon, the SVU, on the killzone before getting out his image intensifiers and training them down the road, watching out for the relief column. Once ready, he settled in and waited for the fun to start.

Mariusz - FYI I have lent you a PSG-1 sniper rifle + x6 sight + 7.62mmN 20-round mag [8.0kg] with 5x 7.62mmN Spare mags - 3x 20 rounds, 1x 1 round, 1x empty [3.0kg]

Dawid - FYI I have lent you AKS-74 with under-folding stock [2.97kg] + 5.45mmB 30 round mag (30/30) [0.47kg] + 3x 5.45mmB 30 round mag (30/30) [1.41kg]

This message was last edited by the player at 09:01, Fri 19 Nov 2010.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2158 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Fri 19 Nov 2010
at 08:55
Re: Northern Outpost
In reply to Thor Halgeirsen (msg #405):

Dawid talked over a plan with Konrad, then nodded in agreement.

As he took Dieter's AK, Dawid replied to Konrad, "yes, Kapitan. I believe our small arms ammunition is sufficient. Ammunition for the PKM is getting low but should last another short engagement. I am unfamiliar with the status of our 40mm ammunition. I will follow up quickly and check now. If you please..."

"Thanks, Dieter. I'll make good use of it."


He turned to carry out Konrad's orders but noted Thor was unhappy. "Thor, my friend, don't be like that! The people here will either come with us or they'll go their own way but they'll be all right. They invited us here, they knew what they were getting into. We can hit the reinforcements and then be gone. I too would prefer we didn't attack at this time but the decision has been made and that is that."

"I hope you will respect that and contribute willingly and wholeheartedly, we have to work together to defeat the Baron. Step by step, we will liberate the people of Poland from all warlords."


He realised that he hadn't asked Thor what happened at the apartment, there hadn't been time. "So, are you all right? What happened at the building? Will you be all right to fight?"

Taking to Thor and trying to keep him on-task, Dawid mused at Viktoria's seeing him as the group's leader when they first met and wondered at the truth of that. Leadership wasn't just related to rank, but he believed he did as much as anyone to keep the team functioning as a military unit and carry out their objectives, and his objectives as well. Not bad for someone treated at times as a second-class citizen (in his own country) by the NATO personnel, even arrested by them for murder!

Dawid also cared deeply for the civilians they met, and he did what little he could for them. As it was, he would not be a soldier forever. Poland would need more than NATO, warlords like the Baron or the failed communists to bring it back to health. Until the opportunity came, he was content to bide his time.It was said that if you waited beside the Wisla long enough, you would see all your enemies float by in time.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:59, Fri 19 Nov 2010.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 834 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Fri 19 Nov 2010
at 17:41
Re: Northern Outpost
"I've trained with a G3 equipped with a bipod and scope," Mariusz replied, "I'm hoping this isn't too different."

He listened to the instructions and then said, "Which area do you want me to cover?"
Viktorya Nowak
 player, 19 posts
 Russian
 Deserter
Fri 19 Nov 2010
at 19:55
Re: Northern Outpost
Jeff D. Warren:
"Dieter wait.  Piotr seems to be the one in charge, so he should stay on the radio.  Find another local.  Maybe get them to swap for the SVD."  he turns to Piotr and says in his basic Polish "We need you to stay on the radio so they expect nothing is wrong."

Vita frowns understanding that Warren apparently thought Piotr was in charge even after she's the one who told him to answer the radio.  It only bothered her slightly, until she realized may be it was best to allow some to believe she wasn't the one in charge.

The debate raged on about how to actually conduct the ambush, and Vita worried this was possibly valuable time they could be using to prepare for the ambush.  She offered a suggestion in Polish, "Perhaps if you set up your ambush a little bit down the most likely and often used path to our outpost from the northeast you could force some of them towards us here in the outpost and we will ambush them from this end.  We will have to be sure that your position is off-set enough that there isn't a chance that our fields of fire will cover you."  It seemed to Vita that was the best solution for setting up an ambush away from the outpost and at the same time use the outpost to an advantage.  To the arriving units they would think they were being attacked by the forces that attacked the other units earlier, and the outpost could justify it's actions saying they didn't realize that those fleeing towards the outpost were the Baron's men and not the 'enemy' forces.  Of course with limited resources it seemed a hit-and-run type ambush would work best for the element setting the hasty ambush.
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1306 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Fri 19 Nov 2010
at 20:54
Re: Northern Outpost
Viktorya Nowak:
"Perhaps if you set up your ambush a little bit down the most likely and often used path to our outpost from the northeast you could force some of them towards us here in the outpost and we will ambush them from this end.  We will have to be sure that your position is off-set enough that there isn't a chance that our fields of fire will cover you."


"That's how the L shape will work... if I understand your point correctly." Bayer answers.

Bayer then confirms some things with Dawid and after getting a reply from him, he addresses the group, "Attention."

"Groupings..."

"Support element. Dawid, you are in command, with Dieter, Jan, Nowak, and the outpost's recoilless rifle and GPMG."

"Assault Element. Sergeant Tucker, you are in command, with Quyen, Sutherland, Warren, and Mariusz."

"Headquarters. Myself and Sawicki."

"Security element. Thor and one Pole from of the outpost."

"Execution..."

"Phase 1:
-Support sets up in the outpost - the base of the L.
-Assault sets up parallel to the road - the flank of the L.
-HQ is co-located with Assault.
-Security sets up as a cutoff further down the road to the NE - early warning."


"Phase 2:
-Support disables the lead vehicle with the SPG-9. Dawid is in position for enfilade fire raking down the length of the street.
-Assault and HQ disables the other vehicles with 40mm HEDP and engages dismounts.
-Cut offs disable the rear vehicle and prevent anyone from escaping"


"Phase 3:
-Support ceases fire.
-Assault fights through the convoy to the other side of the road. HQ follows.
-Cut offs continue to maintain kill zone security."


"Consolidate and withdraw."

Bayer then adds, "If it's possible, try to keep one vehicle intact for capture... but not if it means risking the main goal. Anti-armor and explosives should be used on armored threats only. A soft skin transport vehicle can be stopped with small arms fire to the driver's cab."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:56, Fri 19 Nov 2010.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 260 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sat 20 Nov 2010
at 06:16
Re: Northern Outpost

“Just a couple of ideas, we need a couple of people to play decoy wave as the relief gets close. Maybe some of the original squad if there is a chance there are people who know them ?”

“Also if Sergeant Tucker does not mind maybe we could deploy his last claymore in an elevated position to fire on the truck ?”

He then uses the last moments before they move off to their position to clean his weapon and check his ammunition.
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2054 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 20 Nov 2010
at 21:04
Ambush

At a few minutes before 1700 hours, Black HQ calls outpost Spider and let's them know that the guard has been changed at outpost Crab and that the relief convoy is on it's way. Piotr reassures them that all is quiet at the Spider.

The sun is sinking in the western sky, and the temperature along with it. It's starting to grow cold again. As an added bonus, the setting sun will be right in the relief column's eyes as well.

The various elements of the ambush set up in their respective positions making sure not to leave tell-tale tracks to their attack positions. Dieter and Mariusz set up in some rubble to the northeast of the outpost while Thor sets up on the upper floor of a ruined industrial building on the southeast side of the highway interchange. He seems to prefer to work alone and, due to a rather pronounced language barrier and his rather frightening appearance, none of the Poles express any desire to go along with him.

Most of the Poles in Vita's squad remain at the outpost, with two-man teams on the WWII era MG and the 73mm recoilless rifle, and Piotr continuing to monitor the radio and act as sharpshooter once the ambush kicks off.

Konrad leads the HQ and support elements to a large, badly damaged residential building just north of the highway. A row of dead trees and a build up of brush provides concealment while the damaged south-facing wall of the house provides cover. For the most part, it's a good spot; the only downside is that one of the on-ramp pylons could get in the way, creating a very narrow sheltered spot in the kill zone. The outpost's weapons ought to cover it from the west, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

At around 1730, Dieter and Mariusz spot the relief convoy. The BTR-70 is in the lead. Its passenger compartment's roof hatches are open and occupied by the heads and shoulders of its Black Guard escort detail. About 20m behind the BTR is a Soviet-model 6X cargo truck loaded with troops- about 20 by the looks of it. The vehicles are moving at about 45kph. As the convoy rolls to within about 100m of the outpost, Piotr stands atop the knocked out T-86 (real-life T-80U) and waves. The enemy force slows down as it enters the kill zone...


Next Moves?


Updated Tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...7&mid=1290282668

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:29, Tue 23 Nov 2010.

Monika Sawicki
 player, 21 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Sat 20 Nov 2010
at 21:37
Re: Ambush
   Monika takes up her assigned position at what is left of a blown out window in the badly damaged residential building.  When she arrives, she brushes away enough of the broken glass and sharp pieces of rubble in front of her window so as to not cut her legs as she kneels in position for the ambush.  Once that is accomplished, she sets a spare magazine where it is readily accessible for reloading.

   Monika insures that there is a fully loaded magazine seated in her unfamiliar sub gun, the bolt is back, and that the fire selector is not set on safe.  She takes a deep breath, then lets it out slowly as she and her Pistolet Maszynowy wz.63 await the signal for all hell to break loose yet again.

Monika Sawicki
At window in residential building
PM-63 SMG and ? mags
Waiting for signal to fire

This message was last edited by the player at 22:25, Sat 20 Nov 2010.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1307 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Sat 20 Nov 2010
at 21:46
Re: Ambush
From in his shadowed position, Bayer toggles his radio, "Stand by... I'll initiate the ambush when the truck is in Assault's kill zone." Then after taking stock of the small convoy's vehicles, he adds, "Small arms on the truck only."

Bayer then times the cargo truck's speed and when it has nearly rolled into Assault's kill zone, he opens fire with a double tap into the driver's windshield - initiating the ambush.

Bayer
2x single shots into truck driver (first aimed)
G36/HK69 (30/30 +1 HEDP)

This message was last edited by the player at 21:48, Sat 20 Nov 2010.

Viktorya Nowak
 player, 20 posts
 Russian
 Deserter
Sat 20 Nov 2010
at 21:53
Re: Ambush
Vita instructed the recoiless gun crew to take out the BTR by any means necessary, most especially the BTR's own main gun.  She laid down in the outpost emplacements and readied her own AK-74 to add to the eventual cacophony of fire to come.  The MG crew was to lay down grazing fire along the arc of fire sweeping the convoy to catch those trying to run towards the outpost.  They would hold their fire until targets would eventually reveal themselves.  BTR first though.  She instructs Piotr to jam up the radio with calls of why the convoy was attacking their outpost or at least hot mic it and to take shots himself when he could.

Vita
Inside Outpost, prone behind cover
AKS-74
Holding action, waiting for recoiless to fire and targets to present themselves

This message was last edited by the player at 21:56, Sat 20 Nov 2010.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 155 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Sun 21 Nov 2010
at 00:11
Re: Ambush
"I'll get the cab."  With his suppressor affixed, more to hide the flash than to actually quiet his weapon, Jeff takes aim and fires three shots into the cab as well.  He is prone and surrounded by bricks he had set up to maximize his cover and concealment.  With luck, anyone attempting to reengage the ambushers would think his corner was empty.

If he has time to get off subsequent shots, he begins firing without mercy into the rear of the truck.


Jeff Warren
AK-103, Suppressed w/POSP4x24.  [28/30]
3 shots into cab of truck (1 Aimed) 2 more into passengers
Prone behind prepared ambush position

Minh Quyen
 player, 532 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Sun 21 Nov 2010
at 05:07
Re: Ambush
From her position in the residential building, QUyen had positioned herself near the middle of the room, well back from the window to keep herself in the shadows and not open to a wide field of fire.

Once the Hauptmann started firing, Quyen raked the bed of the truck with two bursts from her rifle.

Quyen
AK74 (30/30)
Firing 2 burst into the back of the cargo truck
Assault E.

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 274 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Sun 21 Nov 2010
at 08:15
Re: Ambush
Járngreipr swung around and settled on the BTR's drivers head moments after the initial sighting.
"This Thor. Hold SPG after Thor fire Mjollnir. Thor kill BTR helmsman, capture BTR. Over."
At less than a hundred metres, it was almost impossible for him to miss spreading the poor, unaware man's brain all over the glacis of the BTR. Unfortunately for his plan, the the driver seemed to sense trouble and pulled his head in before Thor could fire.

Fortunately Thor had a backup plan. Járngreipr settled on the engine compartment at the rear of the vehicle, a shot BOOMING out into the growing gloom, and a spark flew from the decking covering the engine.

Four more shots rapidly thundered out as Thor expertly controlled the massive recoil.

Thor "The Thunderer"
Aiming at the nice, juicy, and soooo very exposed head of the BTR driver  :P
Firing a .50 cal bullet through said head at "close" range
Barret M82A1 ("Mjollnir") (5/10) + 3x10 + 1x7
PM-63 (25/25) + 1x25
H & K USP-9SD, 9mm (15/15) + 3x15
M-26A1 hand grenade, x4
Bayonet/knife
Individual Tactical Radio

This message was last edited by the player at 02:57, Thu 25 Nov 2010.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 262 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sun 21 Nov 2010
at 08:50
Re: Ambush

Looking along the top of his AK-74 Craig follows the BTR as it moves closer to the outpost. He had taken the position at the end of the line closest to the out post. With his scrim draped over his body Craig stays as still as possible as the APC moves into the kill zone.

Thor Halgeirsen:
"Hold SPG after Thor fire Mjollnir. Thor kill BTR helmsman, capture BTR. Over."


"Shit"

Is he the one that's going to storm the damn thing once he kills the driver and the turret swings his way Craig thought.

Once Konrad fires he lets loose with the grenade launcher hoping to put a grenade through a roof hatch or have it explode near some exposed heads. That was the plan anyway.

Assault squad
Firing on BTR with GL

AK-74/BG-15 (45/45) + 4x45 (1/1 HE) + 3x40mm HE- held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 0 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2162 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sun 21 Nov 2010
at 11:07
Re: Ambush
With Konrad's blessing, Dawid did some switching around, putting Mariusz and Dieter together as the security cut-off positioned to the NE. Thor would be more-or-less on his own off to the south but under his nominal command. He checked his radio to make sure he and Konrad would be in communication, and Thor as well.

Dawid was technically in charge of the support element that included the GPMG and recoilless rifle, and the Poles manning them. He introduced Jan to them, then asked what their areas of expertise were, and listened carefully to Vita's planning.

"That is good planning, sister, I am very impressed!" He was, it was a solid plan.

"My apologies, sister, a couple changes are needed. And I do not mean to "take over" command from you, but the NATO Kapitan placed me in charge and there cannot be two leaders. Again, my apologies, but this should work for this engagement.?

"First: I'll be manning the recoilless with Lech and Piotr, as I am well experienced on that weapon (as an artillerist, heavy weapons are my specialty). Second: Jan, you man the PKM along with Vita. We'll set the MGs up so they can conduct interlocking enfilading fires down the road, as per Vita's instructions."

"Assignments as follows: Me, Lech and Piotr on the recoilless under the T-86 hulk to the east. Tio and Matthais on the SG-43 on the north side of the crater, Vita and Jan with the PKM in the southernmost position. Janek, you man the radio, jam the frequencies. Also, you're rear security for the ambush and reinforcement. Piotr, you signal the convoy from the tank, then join us under it after we've fired the recoilless. We'll try and be aware but please still mind the backblast!

"Everyone, remember Vita's fire plan, it's a good one. I'll give the order to fire, or else fire when the recoilless goes off. Piotr, you know who to take out. Officers, NCOs, RPGs/grenade launchers, heavy weapons like that. If I go down, then Jan will be in command...


Added: Noticing Jan's injury, Dawid stopped short and cursed himself as a fool. While Jan would no doubt fight like a lion wherever he was assigned, perhaps a modification was in order. "Jan, my friend, I keep forgetting you are injured! My mistake. If you like and your Polish is up to it, I will switch you and Janek at the radio, so that he and Vita are paired on the PKM instead and you will be our rear-guard. If you want to assist Vita with the machinegun, then we go with the original assignments as stated.

"I know you will do whatever I ask but in this circumstance I will leave the choice to you now, as you will certainly know what is best."


He repeated what he said in English and Polish so that everyone was clear on the plan. Also, in Russian if Vita looked like she needed it. "Okay, you all know your jobs, let's get into position."

Dawid also supervised setting up the PKM in the fighting position/sniper hole to the south, and the SPG-9 in the fighting position under the T-86 hulk to the east of the outpost. The SG-43 HMG was positioned at the northern end of the main camp crater. All were under cover.

When the radio call came the target was in sight, he said, "load Anti-armour!" Dawid aimed at the front top hull, at head height for the driver and where the thermal jet would take off the gunner's legs at the base of the turret and give the driver and possibly commander a face-full of shrapnel. With a full crew, they would be able to reload quickly. They only had a few shots, so he made sure the AK-74 Dieter had lent him was loaded and ready to fire.


Dawid Piotrowski
SPG-9 recoilless rifle (1/2 HEAT loaded, 1 Frag)
AKS-74 (30/30) + 3 spare mags for backup
Eastern fighting position, under T-86
Aiming and waiting for order to open fire.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:19, Mon 22 Nov 2010.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 835 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sun 21 Nov 2010
at 14:21
Re: Ambush
Mariusz saw and heard the ambush starting as he was following the soldier at the rear right of the truck through the expensive scope on the German sniper rifle. As rounds started to slam into the front of the truck he spoke softly, "Truck bed nearest right."

Once he'd let Dieter know his target he waited momentarily for teh sights to settle on the man's centre of mass and then stroked the precision rifle's trigger.

Mariusz
PGS-1 (5/5)
AK-74/BG-1 (30/30 1/1)
Prone and in cover
Aimed shot at right had soldier nearest the rear of the truck.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 966 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Sun 21 Nov 2010
at 19:14
Re: Ambush
Craig Sutherland:
“Also if Sergeant Tucker does not mind maybe we could deploy his last claymore in an elevated position to fire on the truck ?”

As Tucker is going over his weapons and ammo for the attack, he reaches into one of the lone (if not only) rucksack in the group and takes out the claymore handing it over to Sutherland.  "Make the most of it Craig, it's the only one we have so make it count!"

Robert will then ask everyone, "People got enough AK mags right?  I still have a bunch here if anyone needs them."

Once Tuck gives out any spare mags and the Claymore to Sutherland, he will go over his weapons and ammo for the ambush so all of his pouches are full and his weapons have full mags in them before they deploy to the "L" ambush site.

Flashforward to present (and, catching up...)
Cap'n Rae:
At a few minutes before 1700 hours, Black HQ calls outpost Spider and let's them know that the guard has been changed at outpost Crab and that the relief convoy is on it's way. Piotr reassures them that all is quiet at the Spider.

The sun is sinking in the western sky, and the temperature along with it. It's starting to grow cold again. As an added bonus, the setting sun will be right in the relief column's eyes as well.

The various elements of the ambush set up in their respective positions making sure not to leave tell-tale tracks to their attack positions. Dieter and Mariusz set up in some rubble to the northeast of the outpost while Thor sets up on the upper floor of a ruined industrial building on the southeast side of the highway interchange. He seems to prefer to work alone and, due to a rather pronounced language barrier and his rather frightening appearance, none of the Poles express any desire to go along with him.

Most of the Poles in Vita's squad remain at the outpost, with two-man teams on the WWII era MG and the 73mm recoilless rifle, and Piotr continuing to monitor the radio and act as sharpshooter once the ambush kicks off.

Konrad leads the HQ and support elements to a large, badly damaged residential building just north of the highway. A row of dead trees and a build up of brush provides concealment while the damaged south-facing wall of the house provides cover. For the most part, it's a good spot; the only downside is that one of the on-ramp pylons could get in the way, creating a very narrow sheltered spot in the kill zone. The outpost's weapons ought to cover it from the west, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

At around 1730, Dieter and Mariusz spot the relief convoy. The BTR-70 is in the lead. The roof hatches are open and occupied by the heads and shoulders of its Black Guard escort detail. About 20m behind the BTR is a Soviet-model 6X cargo truck loaded with troops- about 20 by the looks of it. The vehicles are moving at about 45kph. As the convoy rolls to within about 100m of the outpost, Piotr stands atop the knocked out T-86 (real-life T-80U) and waves. The enemy force slows down as it enters the kill zone...

Next Moves?


Tucker moves into position near Minh and finds himslef a stable base of fire with whatever is available and gets comfortable while they wait for the ambush to start.  He turns to Minh and gives her a wink and a smile, "Good hunting Mom!"

When the ambush is kicked off by Knorad, Tuck will engage targets with his M-16A2 set to three-round burst and engage accordingly.  He will also take the time to use one of his 40mm buckshot rounds in the launcher for CQB.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [30/30] / M-203 [BUCK SHOT] - {BURST-FIRE}
H&K SOCOM Pistol [12/12] (Holstered) {[1] Full 12 round / [1] 10/12 Round mag}
Slung Romanian AK-74 [30/30]
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]

Salvaged Gear:
*Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0  {5x30, 1x22/30}
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[16] AK-74 Mags
[2] empty 5.56 MAG 30 in outer ruck pouch

*NOTE: Claymore given to Sutherland

Engaging ambush area/targets with three-round bursts

This message was last edited by the player at 19:21, Sun 21 Nov 2010.

Dieter Brandt
 player, 277 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Mon 22 Nov 2010
at 12:11
Re: Ambush
Cap'n Rae:
At around 1730, Dieter and Mariusz spot the relief convoy. The BTR-70 is in the lead. The roof hatches are open and occupied by the heads and shoulders of its Black Guard escort detail. About 20m behind the BTR is a Soviet-model 6X cargo truck loaded with troops- about 20 by the looks of it. The vehicles are moving at about 45kph. As the convoy rolls to within about 100m of the outpost, Piotr stands atop the knocked out T-86 (real-life T-80U) and waves. The enemy force slows down as it enters the kill zone...


As the convoy hoved into view, Dieter announced their arrival on the radio, "All units, this is Thunder-2. Our dinner guests have arrived. Out."

With that he settled into a sniping position and waited for the ambush to commence. As the convoy got closer he whispered to Marius, "Hold fire until the ambush is well underway. We have an additional element of surprise here, and can hit them in the rear when they take cover. Wait for my signal."

As Konrad initiated the hordes of hell at ground level, Dieter waited for the guts of the 2 vehicles to spill out. As survivors poured out of the vehicles he watched as they took whatever cover they could. As the did so, he selected a target, preferably a radioman, but as an alternative an officer or NCO. Once selected he whispered to Mariusz, "Now."

He squeezed the trigger, aiming to split the skull of his intended victim. At a range of about 150m, he was confident of hitting the target. He then selected a new target, and continued firing.

Dieter Brandt
Security 1
Prone & in cover, sniping at suitable targets, pref radioman or officer/NCO
SVU-AS Sniper Rifle (Bipod, 4X PSO-1 telescopic sight) - 10/10

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2167 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Mon 22 Nov 2010
at 13:39
Re: Ambush
Konrad's attack on the truck driver reached him as two cracks that echoed through the street.

To warn the men with him to cover their ears, Dawid calmly said, "Firing."

He pulled the trigger for the recoilless, filling the space under the demolished tank with the roar of the shell's propellant igniting and the explosive heat from the exhaust as it billowed out the rear.

He heard the SPG-9 was one of the 3 most effective weapons in Afghanistan for the mujahedin forces, along with the 120mm mortar and MILAN anti-tank missile. He could believe it, and was glad they had such an effective weapon to use at this time.


Dawid Piotrowski
SPG-9 recoilless rifle (1/2 HEAT loaded, 1 Frag)
AKS-74 (30/30) + 3 spare mags for backup
Under T-86 to east of the outpost
Firing Aimed shot, front of BTR.

Monika Sawicki
 player, 23 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Mon 22 Nov 2010
at 14:09
Re: Ambush
   Monika used the time before the battle to top off the second magazine for Russian pistol with some of the few 9mmM rounds in her pack.  She tucked the 6P9 into her belt and its spare mag in her pocket.  She checked to insure that her other pistol rested easily in her shoulder holster and the PM-64's two extra mags were readily accessible in their mag pouch.

   Monika heard the signal and assumed a solid two hand kneeling firing position.  She began to squeeze off single shots from her PM-63 machine pistol at any of the soldiers unlucky enough to be in front of her.


Monika Sawicki
At window in residential building
PM-63 SMG (15/15) and 2 extra mags
Suppressed PM-64 (6/6) and three mags
Suppressed PB/6P9 (8/8) and two mags
Firing single shots at enemy

This message was last edited by the player at 14:47, Mon 22 Nov 2010.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2058 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Tue 23 Nov 2010
at 00:34
Re: Ambush

With the BTR-70 just under 100m away from the outpost and closing, Konrad initiates the ambush with rifle fire. He targets the Zil's driver and strongly suspects he's hit his mark as the truck jerks violently to its left (towards the assault team) and smashes into the highway guard railing, skidding along it with a terrible screeching sound (it's worse than nails on a chalkboard) and a spray of sparks. Warren fires as soon as his ears register the sound of Konrad's shots. The man in the passenger seat of the Zil smashes violently into the truck's spartan dashboard and Warren, although confident in his marksmanship, really can't know whether it was his fire or the collision (or a combination of both) that caused the man's collapse. After grating against the northern railing for about 10m, the Zil literally screeches to a halt. Part of the now-stationary truck is sheltered from the assault group's view/fire by a circular pylon that props a damaged, one-lane access road over the highway (Konrad -2 rounds; Warren -2 rounds)

At the crack of Konrad's first shots, the rest of the ambushers open up from their concealed positions. Minh puts two five-round bursts into the bed of the truc. The men accordion against the can as the truck decelerates rapidly. They're so densely packed that some of Minh can't help but score multiple hits. Several of the men drop down to the floor of the bed, wounded or seeking cover from the incoming fire. Tucker sends two three-round bursts into the packed mass of men; he's confident that he scores at least one hit. Dieter and Mariusz add their high-powered rifle fire to the chaos and Monika joins in with her stubby Polish SMG. With so many densely distributed targets taking fire from multiple shooters, it's hard for anyone to know whose bullets are doing the damage. But the ambushers can clearly see the little puffs of dust leap off of the men's clothing as bullets punch into their flesh. Men jerk and grimace in pain and confusion. Little splashes of red paint a grim but thrilling picture of death among the writhing green forms of armed men struggling to come to terms with the rapidly deteriorating situation. (Minh -10 rounds; Tucker -6 rounds; Dieter -1 round; Mariusz -1 round; Monika -3 rounds)

Craig fires a 40mm HE grenade towards the BTR, attempting to drop it into one of the open troop hatches. The grenade misses by a foot or so, sailing just long and exploding in a puff of smoke in the slush on the road. (Craig -1 40mm S HE)

Dawid lays the sights of the SPG-9 on the oncoming BTR and squeezes the large trigger. The 73mm HEAT projectile rockets forward and strikes the BTR square in it's small turret, exploding in a brief blossom of flame and dust. The BTR slows abruptly and then, against all expectations, accelerates directly at the outpost gun crew, white smoke streaming from its damaged turret. (SPG-9 RR -1 HEAT)

Piotr ducked behind the T-86's turret at the sound of first gunshots. As the backblast of the SPG-9 is washing over the front of the blasted armored relic, he drops into the trench and runs back towards the bunker radio.

The north-side MG crew holds their fire as instructed. The vulnerable Zil is right in front of them, no longer screened by the damaged but charging BTR-70. Due to a less favorable firing angle, the PKM team on the south side of the outpost complex doesn't have a shot at the truck. They will, however, be well placed to hit any occupants who attempt to flee south.

From his perch in the rubble of a ruined industrial building on the south side of the highway, Thor watches the ambush unfold. The Zil is quickly imoblized and the troop-filled cargo bed is getting raked with fire- at least five enemy are down wounded or killed in the opening fusilade. The wounded troll (the BTR-70), however, hurls itself headlong at the longhouse (the outpost) with wild abandon. It passes beneath a small overpass and out of Thor's line of fire.


Next Moves?


Updated tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...7&mid=1290474029

OOC: Any idea how I can get the map to stop automatically/default resetting to the Zoo?

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:39, Tue 23 Nov 2010.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 158 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Tue 23 Nov 2010
at 20:22
Re: Ambush
Without missing a beat, Jeff shifts his fire to the bed of the truck.  He fires off as many single shots as he can into the bed, unwilling to flip to automatic in order to keep control of his shots. Due to the fact that everyone was bunched together made it impossible to select an individual target.  He fired into the mass, adding to the torrent already going in.  His biggest concern was to make sure that none of the critical components, like the fuel tank were hit.

Out of the corner of his eye he watched the BTR continue its advance despite the damage.  He could only focus on the truck, with no means at all to stop the armored vehicle.


Jeff Warren
As many single shots into the bed of the truck as possible.
AK-103, suppressed, w/POSP4x24 (26/30)
Prone, in cover.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:08, Tue 23 Nov 2010.

Monika Sawicki
 player, 24 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Tue 23 Nov 2010
at 21:17
Re: Ambush
   Monika continues to squeeze off single shots into the mob in the back of the truck.  She is reluctant to go into automatic mode, given the limited quantity of ammunition she has for her sub gun.

Monika Sawicki
At window in residential building
PM-63 SMG (12/15) and 2 extra mags
Suppressed PM-64 (6/6) with three mags
Suppressed PB/6P9 (8/8) with two mags
Firing single shots at enemy in truck bed

Viktorya Nowak
 player, 21 posts
 Russian
 Deserter
Tue 23 Nov 2010
at 21:40
Re: Ambush
Vita laid in wait behind the PKM with Janek.  Her skill with the machinegun was acceptable, but she would've preferred if Teo handled it.  He was however manning the other machinegun emplacement.  Her heart raced as the BTR-70 sped up coming towards them wondering what it was exactly they were trying to do.  She was tempted to open up on the charging armored vehicle, but that would've been stupid and wasteful.  She hoped the overhead cover would prevent any real damage as she scanned for targets of opportunity from the Zil.

Vita:
In Outpost south-side prone with PKM behind cover
PKM, ?? rounds
AKS-74 (30/30) with 10 30-rd magazines
CZ-75 compact pistol (15+1/16) with 2 15-rd magazines
Holding, scanning for targets

Interrogative:  Would it seem like the outpost could withstand a collision from the BTR?

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 968 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Wed 24 Nov 2010
at 00:23
Re: Ambush
Cap'n Rae:
At the crack of Konrad's first shots, the rest of the ambushers open up from their concealed positions. Minh puts two five-round bursts into the bed of the truc. The men accordion against the can as the truck decelerates rapidly. They're so densely packed that some of Minh can't help but score multiple hits. Several of the men drop down to the floor of the bed, wounded or seeking cover from the incoming fire. Tucker sends two three-round bursts into the packed mass of men; he's confident that he scores at least one hit. Dieter and Mariusz add their high-powered rifle fire to the chaos and Monika joins in with her stubby Polish SMG. With so many densely distributed targets taking fire from multiple shooters, it's hard for anyone to know whose bullets are doing the damage. But the ambushers can clearly see the little puffs of dust leap off of the men's clothing as bullets punch into their flesh. Men jerk and grimace in pain and confusion. Little splashes of red paint a grim but thrilling picture of death among the writhing green forms of armed men struggling to come to terms with the rapidly deteriorating situation. (Minh -10 rounds; Tucker -6 rounds; Dieter -1 round; Mariusz -1 round; Monika -3 rounds)

Tucker continues to fire his rifle at the vehicle filled with troops on burst fire.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [24/30] / M-203 [BUCK SHOT] - {BURST-FIRE}
H&K SOCOM Pistol [12/12] (Holstered) {[1] Full 12 round / [1] 10/12 Round mag}
Slung Romanian AK-74 [30/30]
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]

Salvaged Gear:
*Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0  {5x30, 1x22/30}
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[16] AK-74 Mags
[2] empty 5.56 MAG 30 in outer ruck pouch

*NOTE: Claymore given to Sutherland (remove upon use)

Engaging ambush area/targets with three-round bursts

This message was last edited by the player at 00:24, Wed 24 Nov 2010.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 266 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Wed 24 Nov 2010
at 07:02
Re: Ambush

Seeing the grenade exploded on the verge, Craig thought to himself “I'm sure I'll get the hang of this bloody GL at some stage”. He then drops the barrel of the rifle and inserts another grenade taking aim at the accelerating vehicle he again tried to fine his mark on the APC.

He understood he could not stop the armoured beast but a hit to a wheel at speed or a lucky shot on the upper deck may make a difference. The rest of his squad seem to have the truck in hand, but once the grenade was away he would switch targets and lay a long burst into the bed of the truck.

Assault squad
Firing on BTR with GL

AK-74/BG-15 (45/45) + 4x45 (1/1 HE) + 2x40mm HE- held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 0 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade
Dieter Brandt
 player, 279 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Wed 24 Nov 2010
at 08:24
Re: Ambush
Dieter paused. The volume of fire going it to the truck from the rest of the squad seemed sufficient. For a moment he felt sorry for the poor souls inside, being mercilessly cut to ribbons but an unknown assailant. And we thought the Baron was an animal...

He glanced to his left, looking back down the road from where the convoy had come. He didn't want any nasty surprises to jump out and bite them in the ass. Satisfied that there was no further risk there, he switched back to the BTR. He followed it through his scope as it proceeded towards the outpost. He was waiting for a target to present itself, and if it did, he would open fire.

Dieter Brandt
Security 1
Prone & in cover, targetting the BTR and looking for viable targets
SVU-AS Sniper Rifle (Bipod, 4X PSO-1 telescopic sight) - 9/10

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2171 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 24 Nov 2010
at 11:44
Re: Ambush
Dawid let his breath out with a whoosh. Direct hit! On the turret, no less.

The BTR didn't seem to be slowing down; if anything it was accelerating! The rear-mounted engine might be intact but the throttle jammed open. Or the foot of a dead or wounded driver was pushing down on the accelerator pedal. If the BTR hit the T-86 hull it would stop dead because of the relative mass of fifty tons of tank, but if it plowed down into the main outpost crater it's eleven tons of metal would probably take everything out there. Including Jan.

In Polish he yelled "Piotr! Jan! Be aware!" in case the marksman was trying to get under the tank, as instructed, then opened the breech of the recoilless by yanking on the handle. "Lech, load HEAT and then take cover!"

When the shell was loaded, he aimed at the oncoming APC and fired the second and last 73mm HEAT round at the lower hull, hoping to take out a wheel or maybe deflect it. He would have loved to capture the vehicle intact, but there didn't seem to much opportunity for that now. Moving and apparently out-of-control it was a random but definite hazard to his detachment, and if it came under control and stopped to disgorge its passengers then it would be even more of a threat.


Dawid Piotrowski
SPG-9 recoilless rifle (1 HEAT loading, 1 Frag)
AKS-74 (30/30) + 3 spare mags for backup
Under T-86 to east of the outpost
Loading, firing at BTR. Note, he only Aims if he has time. If not, he helps load, then fire.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:45, Wed 24 Nov 2010.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 836 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Wed 24 Nov 2010
at 15:59
Re: Ambush
Mariusz ignored the human tragedy of the carnage below him and resettled his rifle. He took careful aim at one of the survivors, led his movements and then fired again.

Mariusz
PGS-1 (19/20)
Firing at another soldier

This message was last edited by the player at 17:54, Wed 24 Nov 2010.

Jan Cerny
 player, 778 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Thu 25 Nov 2010
at 14:33
Re: Ambush
Jan had watched the ambush unfold in front of him.  While positioned where he could listen to the guard post radio Jan had also propped his rifle across some sandbags where he could see the approaching enemy vehicles.  He had aimed his grenade launcher at the front of the BTR-70, ready to add an HEDP round to the attempts to knock the APC out of action.  He held his fire initially though, ideally wanting to conserve the precious 40mm HEDP rounds.

Dawid’s fire from the SPG-9 already looked to be effective but there was the danger that the BTR-70 wasn’t just careering out of control and that the driver was still active and had decided to try to overrun the recoilless rifle position.  Jan therefore decided to fire his M203 at the front of the APC before moving quickly out of the way.

“Out!  Out!  Out!” he yelled in Polish to anyone around him as he moved away from the bunker, looking for further cover away from the route the APC was taking.


Jan
Firing a 40mm HEDP round from his M203 at the front of the BTR-70 before relocating from the bunker to a new position
F88 Steyr AUG (30/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - held
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HEDP - 8x HE, 4x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - holster

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1312 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Fri 26 Nov 2010
at 03:42
Re: Ambush
Not ready to unleash Assault and get them bounding towards the truck just yet, Bayer keeps quiet and continues firing. Shifting his aim from the cab over to the bed, he steadies the iron sights on a mass of camouflaged figures and fires another double tap.

Bayer
G36 (28/30)
Firing 2 shots at men in the truck bed
HQ Element (close to Tucker)

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2064 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Fri 26 Nov 2010
at 19:30
Re: Ambush

The assault and HQ sections, still in cover in the large roadside house, continue to rake the visible portion of the bed of the enemy Zil with gunfire. Mariusz joins in from long range. A couple more enemy soldiers drop or whince and jump as bullets strike home. The survivors have finally recognized where the incoming fire is coming from and several of them slide over the far truck railing and down into the road, taking cover behind the body and wheels of the truck. The metal guardrail against which the truck is stopped provides additional cover. As more men leap or fall out of the truck, some of them undoubtedly wounded, about half-a dozen enemy remain behind in the fire-swept bed, either dead or too badly wounded to escape. (Warren -5 rounds; Tucker -6 rounds; Monika -5 rounds; Minh [NPC'ed] -5 rounds; Mariusz -1 round)

Craig devotes his attention to the damaged but still dangerous BTR-70, currently accelerating towards the outpost. He quickly reloads his Soviet-made grenade launcher and takes aim at the racing APC. He fires and watches his grenade sail past, just inches behind the target. It explodes with a CRUMP in the road, possibly sprinking the rear tires with shrapnel. (Craig -1 40mm S HE)

Dieter, with Mariusz in the easternmost security position, wisely checks for follow-up enemy units. Looking east down the highway, he sees no sign of additional enemy forces. When he recquires the truck bed through the sight of the SVU, it's about 2/3 empty. Six or seven men lie still or writhing in pools of bright red blood. He can see a cluster of men behind the truck's rear tires, trying to make sense out of the situation.

Thor, on the south side of the highway, has a clear flank shot at the BTR. He fires a carefully aimed round at the side of the hull over the engine compartment and watches it strike with a bright flash. It's an oblique angle and it's unlikely that the round penetrated the hull with enough force to do much damage inside. He squeezes off four quick shots, the recoil of the big gun literally pushing him back a few inches along the damp floor. Four more .50 cal slugs strike the BTR, including one that shreds the third, left road wheel tire. The BTR seemingly shrugs off the large-caliber bullet strikes and continues forward towards the eastern end of the outpost bunker complex. The big, tough Norwegian is going to be sore from the recoil of the Barrett.(Thor -5 rounds)

In the outpost, the defenders are too preoccupied with the rampaging approach of the smoking BTR-70 to take notice of much else beyond it. Jan props his F88/M203 on a sandbag and zeros in on the speeding BTR. Rounds from elsewhere slam into it or explode nearby. Jan reaches forward for the M203 trigger and squeezes. The grenade flies by just inches to the left of the target, exploding in the road a couple of dozen meters in its tracks. Meanwhile, Lech dutifully reloads the SPG-9, sliding the second-to-last 73mm HEAT shell into the breach. He slaps Dawid on the shoulder and, having been aiming since the smoke and dust of the first shot started to clear, Dawid fires. The round skips off the sloped upper glacis of the front of the hull and slams into the turret with a flash. The force of the blast literally pops the top of the thrice-hit turret. The popped lid cartweels through the air and lands with a CLANG behind the speeding BTR. (Jan -1 40mm HEDP; SPG-9 -1 73mm HEAT)

The BTR-70 keeps on coming, heading straight for the recoilless position. Dawid grabs Lech and the shouts for everyone to clear out of the gun pit. The gun crew is beneath the T-86 when the BTR, braking too late, skids on the wet asphalt and strikes the nose of the derelict tank. Beneath the tank, the noise of the collision is deafening. Dust is shaken loose, showering Dawid and the others. The recoilless must have been totalled by the collision but the tank doesn't appear to have budged more than a few millimeters.

Jan and Vita in the MG pits both ducked as the BTR slammed into the tank. They pop up a second later. The PKM crew has an angled view of the BTR's scarred left side. The MG-43 crew has a similar view of the BTR's right side. Three of the four passenger roof hatches are still open but the enemy soldiers, who disappeared inside the APC as soon as it was struck by the first 73mm shell, are out of sight within the hull. The commander's hatch cover clangs open and the vehicle commander, his face a mask of blood, woozily tries to climb out. Fire is leaping out of the top of the turret and the ammo inside is cooking off with steady but random POPs and CRACKs.


Next Moves?


Updated Tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...6&mid=1290799944

Thanks, Tony!

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:22, Sat 27 Nov 2010.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 837 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Fri 26 Nov 2010
at 19:57
Re: Ambush
Mariusz looked over at Dieter and asked, "Should I keep sniping or switch to the grenade launcher to winkle them out of shelter?"

Mariusz
PSG-1 (18/20)
Asking advice

Viktorya Nowak
 player, 23 posts
 Russian
 Deserter
Fri 26 Nov 2010
at 19:58
Re: Ambush
Vita found herself holding her breath as the BTR reached a critical point and slammed on the brakes.  It was like a stereotypical car wreck, she almost couldn't tear away her eyes, but she knew better and ducked just before the impact of the metal on metal.  Instinctively she covered her ears too, but the sound was so loud and deafening she could feel it reverberate through the air and ground.

When the smoke and dust cleared she heard the commander's hatch open and a bloody head poke it's head out.  Even through the bloody mess she could see it was one of the men she had to fight off in the past.  Picking up her AKS-74 she let loose with a 4-round burst at the bloody a**hole.  Without a word she grimaced with hatred as she aimed to cut the bastard down.

Vita:
In Outpost south-side kneeling behind cover
PKM, ?? rounds
AKS-74 (30/30) with 10 30-rd magazines
CZ-75 compact pistol (15+1/16) with 2 15-rd magazines
Firing 4-round burst from AKS-74 at BTR "commander"

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1314 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Fri 26 Nov 2010
at 21:59
Re: Ambush
Bayer pulls back around cover and immediately ejects his unfired HEDP round. Stuffing it down the front of his tac vest to save time, he digs out one of Wick's CS rounds and slides it into the tube.

Bayer then gauges the far side of the truck and the wind. He'll then fire the CS round with the intention of gassing out those using the vehicle for cover.

Bayer
Firing 40mm CS to affect those behind truck
G36/HK69 (26/30 + 40mm CS)

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 970 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Fri 26 Nov 2010
at 23:23
Re: Ambush
Cap'n Rae:
The assault and HQ sections, still in cover in the large roadside house, continue to rake the visible portion of the bed of the enemy Zil with gunfire. Mariusz joins in from long range. A couple more enemy soldiers drop or whince and jump as bullets strike home. The survivors have finally recognized where the incoming fire is coming from and several of them slide over the far truck railing and down into the road, taking cover behind the body and wheels of the truck. The metal guardrail against which the truck is stopped provides additional cover. As more men leap or fall out of the truck, some of them undoubtedly wounded, about half-a dozen enemy remain behind in the fire-swept bed, either dead or too badly wounded to escape. (Warren -5 rounds; Tucker -6 rounds; Monika -5 rounds; Minh [NPC'ed] -5 rounds; Mariusz -1 round)

Without losing too much of a beat and utilizing hard cover, Tucker keeps up his rate of fire on either a larger group of soldiers trying to get out or are bunched up around the truck.  He will even go after troops that are trying to help wounded to make them casualities themselves.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [18/30] / M-203 [BUCK SHOT] - {BURST-FIRE}
H&K SOCOM Pistol [12/12] (Holstered) {[1] Full 12 round / [1] 10/12 Round mag}
Slung Romanian AK-74 [30/30]
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]

Salvaged Gear:
*Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0  {5x30, 1x22/30}
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[16] AK-74 Mags
[2] empty 5.56 MAG 30 in outer ruck pouch

*NOTE: Claymore given to Sutherland (remove upon use)

Continuing to engage ambush area/targets with three-round bursts

Monika Sawicki
 player, 25 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Sat 27 Nov 2010
at 03:38
Re: Ambush
   Monika frowned slightly as she saw that some of the enemy had escaped to the far side of the truck.  She knew that the rats had nowhere else to go.  She held her fire as she aimed her SMG at a point where she expected them to begin their counter ambush breakout.

Monika Sawicki
At window in residential building
PM-63 SMG (7/15) and 2 extra mags
Suppressed PM-64 (6/6) and two extra mags
Suppressed PB/6P9 (8/8) and one extra mags
Holding fire for opportunity target

Craig Sutherland
 player, 267 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sat 27 Nov 2010
at 10:20
Re: Ambush

With his eye line still at the APC Craig lowers his rifle bringing the sights onto the rear door. He then waits for the squad to exit from the rear doors. He intends to let a couple out then fire a long burst into the exiting infantry.


Assault squad
Firing on squad exiting BTR

AK-74/BG-15 (45/45) + 4x45 (0/1 HE) + 3x40mm HE- held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 0 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade
Jan Cerny
 player, 779 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Sat 27 Nov 2010
at 23:27
Re: Ambush
As Jan repositioned himself in some solid cover he assessed the current situation.  His 40mm HEDP round had missed but Dawid's team had made a total mess of the BTR-70 with the recoiless rifle.  There might well be some infantry in the rear of the APC who still had the stomach to fight though!  That was the immediate concern rather than the truck and its infantry - Konrad, Tuck and the rest of the assault force were dealing with them and seemed to be doing well from his brief glance in that direction.

Vita seemed to be taking care of the BTR-70's commander so Jan covered the rest of the hatches that he could see with his Steyr, ready to fire pairs of single shots at anyone who tried to climb out of the wrecked vehicle.

"Put another burst into him," he instructed Vita beside him, speaking Polish, once he realised that she had fired a single burst.  "Don't hold back on ammo!  We've got plenty for the AKs!"


Jan
Crouched behind any available solid cover near the southern fighting pit
Covering the BTR-70's hatches and firing pairs of single shots at anyone exiting.
F88 Steyr AUG (30/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - held
 - Underslung M203 (0/1 - 8x HE, 3x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - holster

Minh Quyen
 player, 533 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Sun 28 Nov 2010
at 03:25
Re: Ambush
Quyen holds her fire as most of the remaining threats in the truck find cover on the far side. She then pulls out her bayonet and locks it into place at the end of her rifle with a metallic *click*.

As she waits for either the order to begin moving forward to for the enemy to present themselves again, she pats the almost empty package of smokes in her pocket and thinks, I should have lit up before... It'a been badass with a smoke dangling from my lips.

Quyen
AK74 (15/30) + Bayonet
Assault Element
Waiting / Ready

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2174 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sun 28 Nov 2010
at 06:46
Re: Ambush
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #440):

"Fuck! Fuck!"

Dawid was deafened and disoriented by the collision. In theory he should be charging the survivors (if any) in the BTR and throwing a grenade inside, or something. As it was, he thought he might have wet himself and he had a hard time focusing.

"All right, all right... for the love of Christ." He crossed himself, then looked for Lech. "Lech, how are you?" He also looked for the recoilless rifle, to see if it was still intact, and the AK-74 Dieter had loaned him, in case he needed it for self-defence.

Somewhat shakily, Dawid transmitted on the radio, "ah, Jan, get Piotr and clear the BTR."


Dawid Piotrowski
AKS-74 (30/30) + 3 spare mags for backup
Under T-86 to east of the outpost
Still disoriented, trying to see if Lech is okay, if the SPG-9 is fuctional and communicating with Jan.

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 283 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Sun 28 Nov 2010
at 13:19
Re: Ambush
The BTR dealt a mortal blow and it's death throws about to be cut short by those closer than he, Thor turned Mjollinir's deadly attention onto those poor unfortunates who thought they were safely hidden behind the truck. From his position roughly 90 metres to their south, he had a perfect line of sight directly into their deliciously exposed backs...

Without bothering to spend more than a heartbeat aiming, Thor brushed the trigger several times, rounds thundering into their midst.

Thor "The Thunderer"
Firing at dismounted truck passengers
Barret M82A1 ("Mjollnir") (5/10) + 3x10 + 1x7
PM-63 (25/25) + 1x25
H & K USP-9SD, 9mm (15/15) + 3x15
M-26A1 hand grenade, x4
Bayonet/knife
Individual Tactical Radio

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2067 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sun 28 Nov 2010
at 21:46
Re: Ambush

Support Group

As the dust settles from the collision between the smoking Black Guard BTR-70 and the Siege relic T-86, Vita engages the bloody-faced vehicle commander with point-blank rifle fire. The first three rounds strike the raised commander's hatch, ricochetting off with a series of sharp CLANGs. The hapless vehicle commander doesn't seem to notice. As he continues to clamber out, Vita continues squeezing off single shots until two bullets strike him in the chest and he limply swan dives headfirst onto the hard asphalt. (Vita -6 rounds)

Dawid emerges from the T-86 communications trench into the main crater. Piotr is on the radio sreaming to Black HQ that the relief convoy is attacking the outpost. It's a convincing performance (the gunfire in the background helps, no doubt).

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
He crossed himself, then looked for Lech. "Lech, how are you?" He also looked for the recoilless rifle, to see if it was still intact, and the AK-74 Dieter had loaned him, in case he needed it for self-defence.


Lech answers, "Yeah, I'm OK. Fuck! I left my AK in the pit!"

Meanwhile, Jan waits for the Black Guard infantry to emerge from the BTR. They must have been shaken up by the collision because the left-side exit hatch doesn't clang open until after Vita finishes off the injured vehicle commander. A couple of seconds later, two green orbs arc out of open of the open roof hatches, one sailing roughly towards Jan's position in the southern MG pit.


Security Team

Dieter and Mariusz watch the enemy huddle behind the truck. From their position, they can only see a couple of the enemy- the ones behind the rear-most tire. The enemy believe that they are pinned down and have yet to take any countermeasures. Dieter sights in on one of them and prepares to end another man's life. He's so "in the zone" that he fails to hear/respond to Mariusz's querry.


Assault/HQ Group

Tucker engages the last of the enemy trying to slip over the truck railing to the relative shelter of the Zil's unengaged side. He's fairly certain that he's managed to hit the last of the squirters in the leg as the man drops to the pavement behind the truck. (Tucker -3 rounds)

Seeing no obvious targets, Minh and Monika prudently conserve their ammo and hold their fire. Craig sights in on the BTR but the right side troop hatch facing him remains shut and no targets present themselves (he's about to shoot the commander when Vita beats him to it).

Konrad fires a CS gas round towards the Zil. It lands short of where he wanted it to, bouncing between the railing and the truck's ride side where it quickly starts spewing out a thick white cloud of caustic gas. The enemy will no doubt soon begin to feel its effects, but the placement of the gas in effect provides a choking, opaque screen between the enemy survivors and the assault team. (Konrad -1 40mm CS)

Regardless, the enemy behind the truck don't get much of a breather. From his high hide on the south side of the highway, Thor has a clear shot at the huddled dismounts. His first target's head explodes in a crimson spray, showering his nearby comrades in vaporized blood and brain matter. His next target is slammed into the truck's rear wheels as a .50 slug punches through his torso. The effect of the accurate .50 fire on the already traumatized enemy is immediate. Several of the men start screaming,

"We surrender! We surrender!"

Several others take off for the cover of the rubbled buildings on south side of the highway at a dead run, periodically slipping and sliding on the slick road surface. One of them fires wildly from the hip, shooting into the lower floor beneath Thor's position.(Thor -2 rounds)


Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:07, Sun 28 Nov 2010.

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 284 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Mon 29 Nov 2010
at 01:42
Re: Ambush
Calmly Thor sighted upon first one, then another of the fleeing men, caressing the trigger and sending death their way. There would be no escape, no warning, no report of the true nature of the engagement delivered except for that provided by their cold dead bodies.

Thor "The Thunderer"
Firing at fleeing enemy
Barret M82A1 ("Mjollnir") (3/10) + 3x10 + 1x7
PM-63 (25/25) + 1x25
H & K USP-9SD, 9mm (15/15) + 3x15
M-26A1 hand grenade, x4
Bayonet/knife
Individual Tactical Radio

This message was last edited by the player at 08:32, Mon 29 Nov 2010.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 838 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Mon 29 Nov 2010
at 08:16
Re: Ambush
Mariusz saw the smoke starting to rise around the truck and heard the booming reports of Thor's rifle. He decided that the enemy were fully occupied and left the slaughter to the professionals.

He turned to check the rear to make sure that there were no extra forces moving up on them. He glanced nervously to the sky, half expecting the express train roar of heavy artillery shells coming in. He was almost certain that the Baron would have dialled in artillery on his own positions, he only hoped that the confusion prevented him from using it to take out a thorn in his side.
Dieter Brandt
 player, 280 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Mon 29 Nov 2010
at 08:39
Re: Ambush
The human carnage below him was disgusting. It was like shooting fish in a barrel. Blood and body parts were everywhere, with the screams of the wounded and dying drowned by the volume of fire coming from his colleagues. Another part of Dieter's soul died.

Dieter coldly responded to Mariusz's question. "No, stay with the sniper rifle. Nobody escapes. Keep shooting until the order comes through to cease fire."

With that he selected one of the fleeing targets and continued to fire.

Dieter Brandt
Security 1
Prone & in cover, sniping at targets who are trying to escape
SVU-AS Sniper Rifle (Bipod, 4X PSO-1 telescopic sight) - 9/10

Craig Sutherland
 player, 268 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Mon 29 Nov 2010
at 09:19
Re: Ambush

Craig took a quick glance at the fleeing troops as they ran hell for leather across the highway. Time for those snipers to earn their pay he thought as he continued to aim his AK towards the side hatch and rear door of the APC.

He cocked his head to the side trying to relieve some of the tension in his neck. He again though of swinging his rifle in the direction of the fleeing troops and letting a long burst chase them, but he had made his decision. Craig was sure the rest of the squad would get them.


Assault squad
Firing on BTR dismounts if they appear

AK-74/BG-15 (45/45) + 4x45 (0/1 HE) + 3x40mm HE- held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 0 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade
Viktorya Nowak
 player, 25 posts
 Russian
 Deserter
Mon 29 Nov 2010
at 12:46
Re: Ambush
Vita could feel a surge of anger as she fired away at the BTR commander until the bastard went down.  It was almost satisfying except for the sickening sound the man made when he hit the ground with a thud.

Vita realizing full well what the "green orbs" are likely to be, ducks back down behind her cover.  If the orb happens to land in their pit then an entirely different course of action would be necessary.

Vita:
In Outpost south-side prone behind cover
PKM, ?? rounds
AKS-74 (30/30) with 10 30-rd magazines
CZ-75 compact pistol (15+1/16) with 2 15-rd magazines
Duck! quack

Monika Sawicki
 player, 26 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Mon 29 Nov 2010
at 13:05
Re: Ambush
   Monika takes the opportunity to pull back from the window and change mags in her sub gun.  She realizes that if she needs to fire at the Baron's troops, having a full weapon would be better than a half empty one.  She places the partly used mag in her mag pouch, then resumes her firing position.

Monika Sawicki
At window in residential building
PM-63 SMG (15/15) and 2 extra mags (7/15) and (25/25)
Suppressed PM-64 (6/6) and two extra mags
Suppressed PB/6P9 (8/8) and one extra mag
Reloading, then waiting for targets

This message was last edited by the player at 13:07, Mon 29 Nov 2010.

Jan Cerny
 player, 783 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Mon 29 Nov 2010
at 14:29
Re: Ambush
Jan had been about to follow Dawid’s instructions by ordering Vita to cover him while he approached the BTR with the intention of throwing a grenade inside when the enemy troops did the same in reverse.  As the grenade sailed roughly towards his position Jan instantly reacted.

“GRENADE!” he yelled in Polish as he dived for cover, trying to put a few further paces and some additional solid cover between himself and the grenade.  The moment it went off he pulled himself round so that he was lying prone behind the cover and aiming at the BTR again.  It hurt his left arm to move like this but it was necessary.  If the troops inside had any sense they would exit immediately following the grenades exploding in an attempt to gain the initiative.  Through the grimace of pain Jan intended to fire pairs of single shot at anyone exiting.


Jan
Diving for solid cover a little further away from where the grenade is going to land and then, once the grenade has gone off, swivelling round so that he is prone behind the solid cover and able to shoot at the BTR.  He will then fire pairs of single shots at any targets he sees.
F88 Steyr AUG (30/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - held
 - Underslung M203 (0/1 - 8x HE, 3x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - holster

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2176 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Mon 29 Nov 2010
at 14:58
Re: Ambush
"Uh... don't worry, glad to hear you're all right." Dawid looked around, still a little disoriented. By withdrawing towards the main outpost he'd hoped to gain a better awareness of the relative positions of his element. He saw Piotr in the rear, and Jan was to the south. Well, maybe Dawid should just clear the BTR after all from this position.

"Listen to me, Lech, Piotr..."

Upon hearing Jan's warning, Dawid shouted, "...get down!" and hit the deck.

Dawid Piotrowski
AKS-74 (30/30) + 3 spare mags for backup
Main outpost
Diving for cover

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 160 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Mon 29 Nov 2010
at 15:07
Re: Ambush
Jeff keys his radio quickly before engaging the runners "Security elements drop those runners!"  Although the gas made it difficult, Jeff tried his best to put as many rounds as possible into the runners.


Jeff Warren
Prone in cover, firing on fleeing hostiles

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1315 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Tue 30 Nov 2010
at 23:05
Re: Ambush
Bayer keeps his rifle leveled towards the truck and will fire single shots at anyone who exposes themselves.

"Watch and shoot!" he yells forwards to Tucker's team.

Bayer
Waiting for a good moment to send Assault forward
G36/HK69 (26/30)

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2071 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Tue 30 Nov 2010
at 23:49
Re: Ambush

Assault/HQ Sections

As the CS gas cloud expands to envelop most of the stranded Zil, the enemy screams of surrender are abruptly choked off. It's now quite hard to see any targets in or around the truck.

Before LOS is cut off entirely, Warren fires five rapid shots into the cluster of enemy breaking away from the truck towards the rubble to the south of the highway. Two of the men go down. One of them stays down while the other appears to try to get back up. That's about all Jeff can see before white CS gas obscures the view. (Warren -5 rounds)

Craig hones in on the crashed BTR-70. There are two small explosions in the road on either side before a man emerges from one of the roof hatches. Craig was waiting for this and he squeezes off three rapid shots. The man drops back into the BTR's troop compartment; it looks like a hit. (Craig -3 rounds)

The rest of the Assault and HQ sections hold their fire, being as the truck bed is pretty well obscurred by the CS gas cloud and/or hidden by the pylon. The runners too are out of sight now.


Security 1

While Mariusz keeps watch to the north, Dieter engages the enemy runners. He fires a single aimed round but is fairly certain he misses. Someone else is having more luck- two runners go down in quick succession. Another spins around before falling to the pavement. When he gets back up, his right arm is literally dangling by a thread. He stumbles awkwardly across the road, grievously wounded. The other three runners all continue towards the badly damaged industrial buildings on the south side of the highway- just under where Thor is positioned. (Dieter -1 round)


Security 2

Thor sets his sights on one of the half-dozen enemy running towards his position. He aims for the single wild shooter and squeezes the trigger. The Barrett kicks as another .50 slug races towards its mark. The target spins around and falls hard to the pavement. He awkwardly rises to his feet, sans rifle, and stumbles forward like a zombie, his right arm barely attached by only a thin strip of flesh. (Thor -1 round)

Three enemy runners continue to sprint towards Thor's position. They are now about 20 meters from cover and just below Thor's LOS (he can't angle his rifle downward quickly enough to engage them without lifting the rifle from its bipod and standing straight up). A fourth enemy soldier is crawling foward, about 50m away, and the man that Thor has just hit in the arm is stumbling forward about 40m away from Thor's position (these two are still within Thor's LOS). The sixth man is slowly writhing on his side in the road just over 50m from Thor's aerie.


Support

Dawid shouts out a warning about the enemy hand grenades and all within earshot take cover. Jan and Vita had both seen the grenades and were already diving for cover before Dawid had a chance to shout. Both duck down as the grenades land and bounce along the asphalt several meters away. Neither grenade rolls into a fighting position. Both explode harmlessly outside, leaving behind small clouds of dust and acrid smoke several meters to either side of the BTR.

Jan and Vita pop up and point their weapons at the near side of the BTR. A man has just dropped back into the hull from one of the roof hatches. Another is stepping out of the open side hatch. Jan is a second or two faster than Vita. He's firing his F88 from the hip and it's not easy. His left arm is nearly useless and he has to support the entire weight of the rifle and its underslung grenade launcher with his right. Somehow, despite his pain and difficulty of manouvering and shooting a rife/GL combo one-handed, Jan still manages to score a hit. His first rounds strikes the man in the right leg with a sickening crack (Jan was "aiming" center mass) and he falls to the pavement screaming in agony. The second round ricochets noisily off the pavement a meter off target (the recoil of the F88 is hard to manage one-handed).  (Jan -2 rounds)


Next Moves?

MAP will be updated shortly.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:14, Wed 01 Dec 2010.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1318 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Tue 30 Nov 2010
at 23:56
Re: Ambush
"Sergeant Tucker!" Bayer says loud enough for him to hear. "Mask up your team and standy to sweep pass the truck at your command. Wait one..."

Bayer then toggles his radio and says, "Support, send SITREP on enemy BTR group. Over."

Bayer then dons his own respirator and says to Nowak, "If you don't have a mask, wait here until it's clear."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:01, Wed 01 Dec 2010.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 971 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Wed 1 Dec 2010
at 02:08
Re: Ambush
Konrad Bayer:
"Sergeant Tucker!" Bayer says loud enough for him to hear. "Mask up your team and stand by to sweep pass the truck at your command. Wait one..."

Tuck nods to Bayer and then asks quickly, "Prisoners Boss?"

Tucker reloads his M-16 and drops the partial mag into a BDU pocket and slings back the rifle on his right side and then reaches to his gas mask pouch, and yelling loud enough for them to hear, "MASK UP!  WE'RE GOING TO MOVE IN!  SIGNAL WHEN YOU'RE READY!"

Once he's called for the others attention and his intentions, Robert takes his mask, dons it, and then checks the seal to make sure it is on correctly.  Drawing out his Browning HP for close in work and he is better skilled with a pistol, gets ready to lead out the group to sweep the ambush areas.

TUCKER
Browning HP-35 [13/13]
M-16A2 [30/30] / M-203 [BUCK SHOT] - {SAFE/SLUNG BACK Rt. Side)}
H&K SOCOM Pistol [12/12] (Holstered) {[1] Full 12 round / [1] 10/12 Round mag}
Slung Romanian AK-74 [30/30]
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]

Salvaged Gear:
*Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0  {5x30, 1x22/30}
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[16] AK-74 Mags
[2] empty 5.56 MAG 30 in outer ruck pouch

[1] M-16 mag (BDU Pocket [18/30])

*NOTE: Claymore given to Sutherland (remove upon use)

This message was last edited by the player at 02:11, Wed 01 Dec 2010.

Monika Sawicki
 player, 29 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Wed 1 Dec 2010
at 03:18
Re: Ambush
   Monika waited for an enemy to show himself.  She had already decided to stay put.  With all the bullets flying about, she had no problem staying where she was assigned and leaving the bulk of the fight to the ones who did it best.

Monika Sawicki
At window in residential building
PM-63 SMG (15/15) and 2 extra mags (7/15) and (25/25)
Suppressed PM-64 (6/6) and two extra mags
Suppressed PB/6P9 (8/8) and one extra mag
Waiting for targets

Dieter Brandt
 player, 282 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Wed 1 Dec 2010
at 09:44
Re: Ambush
Dieter quickly switched aim to the escapees heading south towards Thor's location. "Mariusz," he said loudly, "target those heading south. Nobody escapes."

With that he selected one of the three runners sprinting towards Thor's position and opened fire. Hopefully they would take these three out quickly and then switch to the others.

Dieter Brandt
Security 1
Prone & in cover, sniping at targets who are trying to escape
SVU-AS Sniper Rifle (Bipod, 4X PSO-1 telescopic sight) - 8/10

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 287 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Wed 1 Dec 2010
at 11:18
Re: Ambush
Reacting quickly, Thor fished a grenade from his webbing, ripped out the pin and almost casually tossed it into the path of the oncoming trio. Mjollnir might not be able to hit them easily, but a grenoble should do the job nicely.
Just in case they made it past the explosion, he readied Gríđarvölr for action, better suited as it was for close range carnage.


Thor "The Thunderer"
Toss grenade in front of trio
Ready PM-63
Barret M82A1 ("Mjollnir") (2/10) + 3x10 + 1x7
PM-63 (25/25) + 1x25 ("Gríđarvölr")
H & K USP-9SD, 9mm (15/15) + 3x15
M-26A1 hand grenade, x3
Bayonet/knife
Individual Tactical Radio

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2177 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 1 Dec 2010
at 11:43
Re: Ambush
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #462):

The grenades seemed to clear the cobwebs from his head.

"Machinegunners, covering fire on the BTR!"

"Piotr, on me! Lech, find your rifle, now."


When Piotr joined him he said, "we're going around the left side of the tank and clearing the BTR. Use grenades if you have them, if not then I can lend you one. Let's go." He made sure a round was chambered in the AK and it was switched to semi-automatic.

"Ready? I'll go first, you cover me from the left corner of the tank."


Dawid Piotrowski
AKS-74 (30/30) + 3 spare mags for backup
Main outpost
Moving with Piotr up on the left side of the tank and then the BTR


OOC: If Piotr isn't available he'll wait for Lech and go with him.
Jan Cerny
 player, 787 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Wed 1 Dec 2010
at 12:21
Re: Ambush
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
"Machinegunners, covering fire on the BTR!"

"Piotr, on me! Lech, find your rifle, now."


"Open hatches this side and on top!" yelled Jan in Polish to ensure that Dawid knew as much as he did.  As he shouted he started to scramble sideways a little so that he had an angle to fire through the open side hatch.  He quickly realised however that the doing so one armed with the Steyr was going to take too long so he let the Steyr dangle on its sling beside him and pulled his pistol.  He then continued scrambling so that he could get an angle to fire through the open hatch.

Once he had the angle he needed he started to rapid fire single shots through the open hatch.  He was more concerned with keeping any remaining members of the Black Guard inside the APC than actually hitting them.  9mm Parabellum rounds ricocheting around inside a small metal box would hopefully scare the hell out of them!

"Vita," he continued in Polish.  "Keep a watch over the other hatches."


Jan
Staying prone but maneuvering so that he can rapid fire single shots through the open hatch into the BTR.  He will switch to his pistol so that he can move quickly.
F88 Steyr AUG (28/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - dangling on sling
 - Underslung M203 (0/1 - 8x HE, 3x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - held

This message was last edited by the player at 08:56, Thu 02 Dec 2010.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2178 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 1 Dec 2010
at 14:12
Re: Ambush
In reply to Jan Cerny (msg #469):

Dawid switched to English so that Jan could understand but the men inside the BTR maybe wouldn't. "Understood, just hold your position and cover that side! Moving!"
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 839 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Wed 1 Dec 2010
at 16:23
Re: Ambush
Mariusz shifted position and aimed at one of the fleeing troops. He squeezed the trigger and fired.
Craig Sutherland
 player, 269 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Wed 1 Dec 2010
at 19:08
Re: Ambush

Craig continues to wait with his aim still on the BTR. He will engage any emerging infantry until Tucker gives the call to mask up.

Grabbing his mask from its large pouch on his PLCE, he dons it and checks the seal before shouldering his weapon again and moving off to clear the truck with the rest of the team.


AK-74/BG-15 (42/45) + 4x45 (0/1 HE) + 3x40mm HE- held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 0 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade
Jeff D. Warren
 player, 161 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Wed 1 Dec 2010
at 19:51
Re: Ambush
As the CS gas obscures the last of his targets, Jeff reaches to his hip and dons his Soviet issue gas mask.  After checking the seal, he emerges from his hide and begins to approach the truck, weapon ready to put a double tap into any sudden movements from the surrendering hostiles.
Viktorya Nowak
 player, 26 posts
 Russian
 Deserter
Wed 1 Dec 2010
at 19:55
Re: Ambush
Vita utters some curses in Russian as the blast from the grenade clears.  It's never pleasant being so close to explosives.  She trains her rifle on the BTR and shouts back in Polish, "The hatch is covered.  If you have a grenade, now would be a good time to use it.  Or maybe you can shoot those others fleeing to cover by the truck."

Vita:
In Outpost south-side prone behind cover
PKM, ?? rounds
AKS-74 (30/25) with 10 30-rd magazines
CZ-75 compact pistol (15+1/16) with 2 15-rd magazines
Prone supported firing position, ready to pop some rounds

This message was last edited by the player at 19:55, Wed 01 Dec 2010.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1320 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Thu 2 Dec 2010
at 03:20
Re: Ambush
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker:
Tuck nods to Bayer and then asks quickly, "Prisoners Boss?"


"Low priority. Main priority is to sweep past with zero casualties to your group." Bayer replies. It was his way of saying take them if possible, but not at any risk whatsoever to his team.

Noticing one or two in Assault about to move forward, Bayer clarifies loudly through his mask, "Wait! Assault hold. Support is still engaged. Wait for Sergeant Tucker's command after I get a cease fire." He then raises his handset and continued to listen for Dawid's reply.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:20, Thu 02 Dec 2010.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2076 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Fri 3 Dec 2010
at 23:24
Re: Ambush

Support Teams 1 & 2

Both Dieter and Mariusz recognize the threat to Thor posed by the trio of enemy infantry "fleeing" towards his position on the south side of the highway from the truck.

Dieter and his young apprentice each take aim and fire. Dieter's mark jumps and stumbles to the pavement, clutching his left arm. Mariusz feels frustration as another of his shots misses the target. The wounded man starts to stand. His two unwounded buddies carry on without him, sprinting towards the lower floor of Thor's building. (Dieter -1 round; Mariusz -1 round)

There are still four men down in the street: One lying on his side, either badly wounded or paralyzed by fear (or both), another man bent almost double, clutching his stomach, stumbling towards the hope of cover in the same building his able-bodied friends just entered, a third man with a nearly severed arm, walking calmly towards Thor's building, and the man that Dieter has just winged- he rises and starts jogging, following in the lucky pair's footsteps. (All 4 are still visible to Dieter and Mariusz; Thor can only see the man lying down and the one with the nearly severed arm.)

Thor, realizing that he won't be able to engage the nearest group of approaching enemy with the long and unwieldy Molinar, tosses a frag towards them instead. It drops right into their path but the expected explosion never materializes. The grenade is a dud! At least two enemy are now in the building below. (Thor -1 frag)

HQ & Assault Teams

Konrad orders everyone to mask up in preparation for assaulting the enemy survivors in around the Zil truck. While Monika and Minh provide overwatch, Konrad, Warren, Tucker, and Craig don their gask masks and prepare to move towards the target area. As of yet, none of the enemy in/around the truck have still not managed to return any fire.

The CS gas cloud has reached the apex of its effectiveness and the gas is just beginning to disperse. Konrad holds the assault team back, waiting for news of the developments in and around the Spider bunker complex.

Support Team

Following Dawid's orders for covering fire, the machinegun team in the northern gun pit opens fire on the BTR's starboard side, pinging a couple dozen rounds off its metal hide. The fire doesn't do any damage, but it probably keeps the surviving occupants from seriously considering trying to exit the vehicle on that side. Dawid, Lech, and Piotr, who's left the radio after reporting that the outpost was being attacked by the relief convoy, run east through the communications trench back to the T-86. Emerging from the trench just behind the tank, they begin edging along the BTR's northern side. Rounds continue to cook off inside the smoldering turret with a hollow pinging sound. Seeing their comrades arrive at the nose of the BTR, the SG-43 team ceases fire to avoid hitting them. (SG-43 -30 rounds)

On the south side of the bunker complex, Jan draws his pistol and slides to his right in order to fire directly into the BTR's open port side hatch. The wounded man on the asphalt at the foot of the hatch sees Jan and, still screaming, lifts his rifle to shoot the man who's just crippled him. Fortunately for the brave Legionairre, Vita's got him covered. She fires three rounds into the wounded man, killing him. Jan is inches away from getting the angle he needs to fire into the BTR when he sees the muzzle of an AK portrude from the hatch and point, it seems, right at him. (Vita -3 rounds)


Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:52, Sat 04 Dec 2010.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 972 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Sat 4 Dec 2010
at 00:50
Re: Ambush
Konrad Bayer:
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker:
Tuck nods to Bayer and then asks quickly, "Prisoners Boss?"


"Low priority. Main priority is to sweep past with zero casualties to your group." Bayer replies. It was his way of saying take them if possible, but not at any risk whatsoever to his team.

Noticing one or two in Assault about to move forward, Bayer clarifies loudly through his mask, "Wait! Assault hold. Support is still engaged. Wait for Sergeant Tucker's command after I get a cease fire." He then raises his handset and continued to listen for Dawid's reply.

Tucker turned to the others and said, "Stack up on me!  Konrad will give the 'go' order and we'll sweep through.  Weapons free when we move.  Don't become a statistic out there, we come first!"

Cap'n Rae:
HQ & Assault Teams

Konrad orders everyone to mask up in preparation for assaulting the enemy survivors in around the Zil truck. While Monika and Minh provide overwatch, Konrad, Warren, Tucker, and Craig don their gask masks and begin moving towards the target area. As of yet, the enemy have still not managed to return any fire.

The CS gas cloud has reached the apex of its effectiveness and the gas is just beginning to disperse. Konrad holds the assault team back, waiting for news of the developments in and around the Spider bunker complex.
Next Moves?

Tucker waits from behind cover with the others for the order to move.  He waits with his Browning HP at the low ready.

TUCKER
Browning HP-35 [13/13]
M-16A2 [30/30] / M-203 [BUCK SHOT] - {SAFE/SLUNG BACK Rt. Side)}
H&K SOCOM Pistol [12/12] (Holstered) {[1] Full 12 round / [1] 10/12 Round mag}
Slung Romanian AK-74 [30/30]
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]

Salvaged Gear:
*Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0  {5x30, 1x22/30}
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[16] AK-74 Mags
[2] empty 5.56 MAG 30 in outer ruck pouch

[1] M-16 mag (BDU Pocket [18/30])

*NOTE: Claymore given to Sutherland (remove upon use)

This message was last edited by the player at 00:51, Sat 04 Dec 2010.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 270 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sat 4 Dec 2010
at 03:25
Re: Ambush

As Craig spotted the support team beginning their assault on the BTR he began aiming at the truck again. He always hatted wearing the bloody mask, but using it in CS was preferable to some of the poisons he had waded through. If he has a clear shot at the walking wounded or the two escapees under Thors position he would take it.

Once the clearing of the truck begins Craig will fire a double tap into anyone still holding a weapon, threatening or not. Then he will take a knee and continue firing on anyone trying to escape.


Assault squad
Firing on escapees

AK-74/BG-15 (42/45) + 4x45 (0/1 HE) + 3x40mm HE- held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 0 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade

This message was last edited by the player at 08:28, Sat 04 Dec 2010.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 840 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sat 4 Dec 2010
at 09:02
Re: Ambush
Mariusz looked at the runners and said, "They're out of my range. Any more shots will just be wasting ammo. I'll keep watch."

He turned around to check the rear once more, hoping that his caution would prove fruitless and that they could finally get away from this constant game of cat and mouse.

Mariusz
PSG-1 (17/20)
Keeping watch for enemy rienforcements

Minh Quyen
 player, 534 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Sat 4 Dec 2010
at 16:35
Re: Ambush
With her bayonet attached, Quyen slips her gas mask over her head and pulls the draw straps tight. She then shuffles over towards Tucker and crouches behind some cover. She's ready to advance and just waiting for the word to come down.

Quyen
AK74 (15/30) + Bayonet
Assault Element
Waiting / Ready

Monika Sawicki
 player, 31 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Sat 4 Dec 2010
at 19:55
Re: Ambush
   Monika continues her vigil.  The battle appears to be winding down, but until she is told otherwise, her position is here.  She checks the back of the truck from her window to see if there is anyone still moving.

Monika Sawicki
At window in residential building
PM-63 SMG (15/15) and 2 extra mags (7/15) and (25/25)
Suppressed PM-64 (6/6) and two extra mags
Suppressed PB/6P9 (8/8) and one extra mag
Still waiting for targets

Viktorya Nowak
 player, 27 posts
 Russian
 Deserter
Sat 4 Dec 2010
at 20:39
Re: Ambush
Vita quickly and efficiently squeezes off a 3-round burst when the wounded man attempted to raise his weapon to Jan.  Still laying prone in the position she keeps both eyes open to scan waiting for more targets.  It's unfortunate they could not have taken advantage of their position to the Zil and prevented some of the stragglers to make their way to cover, now it was going to be more difficult to get them out.  Of course that was all in the back of her mind as the matter at hand was more pressing at the moment.  She had a bad feeling about Jan getting up so close and personal, she thought to herself that he must not have a grenade because it was still a good time to use it.  She licked her lips feeling a bit parched from all the excitement thus far, in a different situation it might have seemed rather sensual.

Vita:
In Outpost south-side prone behind cover
PKM, ?? rounds
AKS-74 (30/22) with 10 30-rd magazines
CZ-75 compact pistol (15+1/16) with 2 15-rd magazines
Prone supported firing position, ready to pop some rounds

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2182 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sun 5 Dec 2010
at 12:50
Re: Ambush
"Watch for more grenades coming out." He handed his rifle to Lech and pulled out a grenade. Dawid would love for the surviving crew to surrender so they could maybe capture the BTR intact, but if they weren't surrendering by now they probably wouldn't.

Standing on one of the massive tyres so he could easily reach one of the open roof hatches, he pulled the pin on one grenade and dropped it inside the APC's hull.

That done he shouted, "GRENADE!" to warn his comrades. He didn't bother moving as the blast would go off inside the hull. If it was somehow flipped back out he planned to dive off the tyre and shelter behind one of the massive wheels


Dawid Piotrowski
Stechkin (21/21 + 2 Mags)
4 Grenades
Starboard/North side of BTR, standing on a tyre.
Throwing 1 grenade into BTR roof hatch.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:50, Sun 05 Dec 2010.

Jan Cerny
 player, 790 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Sun 5 Dec 2010
at 22:00
Re: Ambush
As the AK starting pointing towards him from the open hatch Jan ducked prone behind some solid cover and started rapid firing his pistol at whomever was in the doorway.  He knew that Dawid was trying to put a grenade inside the BTR and he hoped that a combination of some pistol rounds and the prospect of an explosion inside the BTR would put the man's aim off!


Jan
Making sure that he's prone behind some solid cover and rapid firing 5 single shots at the man in the open hatch.
F88 Steyr AUG (28/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - dangling on sling
 - Underslung M203 (0/1 - 8x HE, 3x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - held

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2077 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sun 5 Dec 2010
at 23:45
Re: Ambush

HQ & Assault Teams

Konrad continues to hold the masked-up assault team back, awaiting resolution of the BTR issue. The tear gas clad surrounding the Zil is starting to dissipate noticeably. Monika is the only one not masked up. Her eyes start to sting a little and her nose runs a bit as trace amounts of the diffused CS gas waft their way into the house. It's irritating but not debilitating. One can only guass at the discomfort the enemy troops around the truck are currently experiencing.

Sputtered calls of surrender resume.

"Stop... COUGH... shooting! COUGH! We... COUGH, COUGH... surrender! COUGH! Please!"

Security 1

Mariusz turns to watch up the road, looking east for signs of enemy reinforcments from Outpost Crab. As before, there's nothing to indicate that additional nearby enemy forces are on their way to the Spider.

Dieter watches as the man he winged scrambles into cover in the lower level of the building in which Thor is perched. That makes three men in there with Thor. He shifts his sights to the wounded men in the street. Two of the three make easy targets (the supine man in the middle of the westbound lanes and the man with the nearly severed arm, clearly in shock, ambling across the road); the third is crouched over clutching his belly, running as fast as he can towards the building on the south side of the highway.

With his peripheral vision, Dieter notices movement near the truck. Another block of enemy- three or four this time- start running south towards Thor's building.

Security 2

Thor knows that there are men in the building below him but he can't hear them. The gunfire outside and the ringing in his ears from firing the Barrett indoors conspire to limit his hearing. It's possible that the enemy don't know he's there but it's very unlikely. At the same time, Thor sees more men from the truck running towards his position. A deadly game of cat and mouse begins...

Support

As Vita looks on relatively helplessly, Jan and the gunman in the BTR open fire almost simultaneously. Bullets walk their way towards Jan as he squeezes off psitol rounds at the open fram of the BTR's side hatch. Time seems to slow to a crawl. He sees the gunman's face- eyes wide, teeth gritted in a fear grimmace- as the little sprays of asphalt bits and bullet fragmets creep closer. And then, he sees his third shot strike the gunman in the left eye. The man falls back into the shadows of the BTR's interior. Jan ducks back below the lip of the gunpit and tries to blink the grit and dust particles thrown up by his vanquished enemy's near misses from his eyes. (Jan -5 pistol rounds)

On the other side of the BTR, Dawid stands on one of the BTR's tires and lightly tosses a hand grenade towards on the the open roof troop hatches. Seemingly in slow motion, Dawid sees the grenade strike the adjacent open hatch and spin on its side on the BTR's metal roof. For a moment, he's sure it's going to roll back off the roof and land at his feet. But the grenade's spin carries it back towards the open hatch and it rolls down into the troop compartment. As Dawid hops down off the tire, the sound of panicked yelling echoes of the BTR are cut off by the bass CRUMP of the exploding fragmentation grenade. A second later, he hears a couple of sharp screams and some moaning. (Dawid -1 frag)

Meanwhile, the SG-43 crew finally notices the cluster of enemy behind the Zil nearly due east of them. The tightly packed group is just starting to break up as a few hearty souls make a dash across the highway, moving from left to right (from the MG crew's POV). The gunner sights in on the group that remains huddled behind the tuck and squeezes off a long burst of fire before stopping to adjust his aim. (SG-43 -10 rounds)


Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:02, Mon 06 Dec 2010.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1321 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Sun 5 Dec 2010
at 23:56
Re: Ambush
With the ambush setup reversed because of the BTR rolling into support, Bayer continues to hold back the Assault element. He briefly contemplates radioing again to Dawid, but the sound of gunfire and grenades was enough for him to already know the answer to his question.

"Steady." he says loudly through his mask towards Tucker's men, anxiously waiting to move into the kill zone.

As he waits for Dawid to signal to him that the threat to his group from BTR was silenced, he looks over to Monika and says quietly, "Don't rub your face. Or use any water." He then focuses his attention back to the truck, still a little surprised that not all of the militia here had respirators.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:57, Sun 05 Dec 2010.

Viktorya Nowak
 player, 28 posts
 Russian
 Deserter
Mon 6 Dec 2010
at 03:01
Re: Ambush
Vita instinctively flinches as rounds come flying out at Jan and then again when Dawid's grenade cooks off inside the BTR.  She remained ready as the machinegun next to her rattled off a long burst.  She was very tempted to turn her attentions to the fleeing men, but she remained disciplined and focused on the immediate threat of shooters still left inside the BTR.  Then deciding that Jan would have to handle any remaining stragglers from the BTR she got behind the PKM and fired several well aimed bursts of 4 to 6 rounds at each of the fleeing troops by the Zil, knowing that once they were inside the building it would be hell getting them out.

Vita:
In Outpost south-side prone behind cover
PKM, ?? rounds
AKS-74 (30/22) with 10 30-rd magazines
CZ-75 compact pistol (15+1/16) with 2 15-rd magazines
Prone supported firing position, firing several 4-6 rd bursts at troops in the open by Zil and Thor's building

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 162 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Mon 6 Dec 2010
at 05:13
Re: Ambush
Jeff had mentally prepared himself to get up and advance through the gas, but things change.  Instead, he took aim at the backs of the men fleeing again, and fired as many single rounds into them as he could afford to get off.


Maximum single shots into fleeing enemy
AK-103 w/POSP4x24, suppressor.  (16/30)

Monika Sawicki
 player, 32 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Mon 6 Dec 2010
at 05:55
Re: Ambush
   Monika stays on overwatch, even though the wisps of tear gas bother her a bit.  She hears the Captain's kind warning about the gas.  "Is nothing," she responds softly.

Monika Sawicki
At window in residential building
PM-63 SMG (15/15) and 2 extra mags (7/15) and (25/25)
Suppressed PM-64 (6/6) and two extra mags
Suppressed PB/6P9 (8/8) and one extra mag
Still waiting for targets

Craig Sutherland
 player, 271 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Mon 6 Dec 2010
at 08:06
Re: Ambush

Craig continued to fire at any targets that presented themselves through the dissipating CS cloud. He aimed for any runners first then moved his aim towards any walking wounded.


Assault squad
Firing on infantry

AK-74/BG-15 (42/45) + 4x45 (0/1 HE) + 3x40mm HE- held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 0 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade

This message was last edited by the player at 08:16, Mon 06 Dec 2010.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2183 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Mon 6 Dec 2010
at 10:57
Re: Ambush
In reply to Konrad Bayer (msg #486):

Dawid was gratified that Jan was keeping the far side covered, and even better, the MGs on either side were starting to open up on the more distant targets.

He hadn't wanted to reply until he was sure the situation was well in hand. Dawid holstered his Stechlking and retrieved his rifle from Lech. He transmitted to Konrad, "Eagle calling Sunray. Sorry for the delay. Enemy force at Spider is now contained. You are free to advance."

Dawid called out, "Jan, Teo... watch your fire, our comrades are moving up on the left! Lech, see if anyone left inside wants to surrender. If they can hear!"

Dawid Piotrowski
AKS-74 (30/30) + 3 mags
3 Grenades
Starboard/North side of BTR.
Radioing Konrad, taking cover.

Dieter Brandt
 player, 285 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Mon 6 Dec 2010
at 11:49
Re: Ambush
Cap'n Rae:
Security 1

Mariusz turns to watch up the road, looking east for signs of enemy reinforcments from Outpost Crab. As before, there's nothing to indicate that additional nearby enemy forces are on their way to the Spider.

Dieter watches as the man he winged scrambles into cover in the lower level of the building in which Thor is perched. That makes three men in there with Thor. He shifts his sights to the wounded men in the street. Two of the three make easy targets (the supine man in the middle of the westbound lanes and the man with the nearly severed arm, clearly in shock, ambling across the road); the third is crouched over clutching his belly, running as fast as he can towards the building on the south side of the highway.

With his peripheral vision, Dieter notices movement near the truck. Another block of enemy- three or four this time- start running south towards Thor's building.


"Mariusz!" Dieter barked, "take out the runners now!" He was annoyed that Mariusz had stopped firing, and wanted to convey that he should keep going.

He readjusted to aim for the new batch of runners before unleashing a volley of rapid shots at them.

Dieter Brandt
Security 1
Prone & in cover, rapid sniping as the new group of 3/4 runners
SVU-AS Sniper Rifle (Bipod, 4X PSO-1 telescopic sight) - 8/10

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 841 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Mon 6 Dec 2010
at 17:46