Ch 15: Warsaw (Part II)   Posted by Cap'n Rae.Group: 0
Jan Cerny
 player, 678 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Wed 1 Sep 2010
at 22:42
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Before he moved any further Jan reloaded his M203 with an HEDP round in case he saw the vehicle he could hear.  It sounded like it was a tracked vehicle of some kind and that was undoubtedly bad news.  The Baron seemed to have a lot of well armed troops - they had knocked out or severely damaged several vehicles already and the Baron's forces still seemed intent on attacking them!  That also meant that their morale was good, which was also bad news!

Having reloaded his grenade launcher Jan then finished taking Alexei's equipment.  He clipped the two frag grenades to his own webbing, shoved Alexei's webbing and ammo bandoleer into the Tuvan's backpack and then added his own SMG, the PM-84, and the Lifchik chest harness containing six AK-74 mags, that he had scavenged from a dead enemy soldier, in order to make it all easier to carry.  He then slung the backpack over one shoulder and Alexei's rifle and satchel over the other.

"Goodbye my friend," he muttered quietly to Alexei's corpse.  Encumbered Jan then ran as quickly as possible back to where Konrad and Jeff were, relying on the remains of the smoke grenade to provide him with cover.  Reaching Konrad and Jeff he then happily passed across the SVU-AS Sniper Rifle to the CIA man in order to spread the load around a little.


Jan
Reloading his M203 with an HEDP round, stripping Alexei of his gear and moving back to join Konrad and Jeff.
F88 Steyr AUG (18/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - held
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HEDP - 8x HE, 4x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
PM-84 submachine gun w/suppressor (20/25 rounds) - put in backpack
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x2
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - holster

Items taken from Alexei:
2x frag grenade (attached to webbing)
Backpack (2.0kg) (slung on left shoulder)
 - Soviet R-143 Secure Manpack Radio (7.0kg)
 - MRE’s (3.0kg)
 - Nighthawk ON1x20/IR Night Vision Goggles (0.9kg)
 - Combat Webbing (2.6kg)
   - Gas Mask in pouch (1.0kg)
   - Canteen + cup in pouch x2 (2.4kg)
   - Ammo pouch x2
     - Flashlight (0.2)
     - 8rd mags 9mmM (0.2kg)
     - Suppressor for PB/6P9 (0.24kg)
   - Personal Medical Kit in pouch (0.18kg)
   - Compass in pouch (0.1kg)
   - Hunting Knife & sheath (0.25kg)
   - Hatchet in E-Tool pouch (1.0kg)
   - Shoulder Holster
     - PB/6P9 + 1x8rd mags 9mmM (0.83kg)
 - Bandoleer (0.5kg)
   - 7.62mmL 10rnd mag full x5 (2.25kg)
   - 7.62mmL 10rnd mag empty x1 (0.15kg)
SVU-AS Sniper Rifle (Bipod, 4X PSO-1 telescopic sight) (5.5kg)
 - 7.62mmL 10rnd mag (3/10 rnds) (0.24kg)
Satchel (maps, codebooks, etc.) (1.0kg)

This message was last edited by the player at 05:48, Thu 02 Sept 2010.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1949 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Wed 1 Sep 2010
at 23:07
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Mariusz Tokarski:
He looked at the man and said, "I know this is tough, these guys could be your mates. I won't ask you to fight if you can't, but Dawid says we need the power of your grenade launcher. If you can't use it yourself on the men attacking us, give it to me for the fight, you can have it back at the end."

Mariusz looked over and shook his head sadly as he saw Ondar's body, he looked up tears in his eyes, "I don't want to lose any more friends today."


Woj frowns at Mariusz and shrugs apologetically. "Fuck these Ukranian mercs. I just don't really know how to shoot this thing. Here, you're welcome to it."

He offers Mariusz the AK/GL combo in exchange for Mariusz's standard AK-74.

"Good luck with that thing."

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:11, Thu 02 Sept 2010.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1950 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Wed 1 Sep 2010
at 23:24
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

Dawid spots an enemy soldier leaning around cover to return fire. A ten-round burst of PKM fire walks its way down the length of the man's body, most likely killing him. Of the northern flanking group, only four or five able-bodied enemy soldiers remain. Dawid sweeps the kill zone with another ten round burst. (Dawid -20 rounds)

With Dawid providing suppressive fire and the BTR remaining out of sight behind the roadside building, Thor, Dieter, and Craig have much more freedom of movement/action. There are still a few enemy infantry about, so caution is still required, but it is not quite as "hot" on this portion of the battlefield as it was a couple of minutes earlier.

In the center group, Minh notices movement in the same spot she'd shot up just a few seconds earlier. Taking careful aim, she fires twice and, this time, actually sees a bullet strike the man's upper right arm. He jerks back behind his tree trunk. (Minh -2 rounds)

Tucker continues to scan his piece of the pie. An enemy soldier is screaming and moaning out in front of his position. The survivors appear too shocked by their losses to attempt any sort of offensive action. They hide behind their cover and try not to draw attention to themselves.

To the south, the smoke has drifted just enough to give Warren, Jan, and Konrad a glimpse of the vehicle which they've been hearing for the last couple of minutes. It's tracked, with a flat nose like a cargo truck. Konrad recognizes it as the PTSM amphibious tractor he, Minh, Tucker, and encountered a few days earlier at the pirate camp. It's stopped about 200m off, and it appears that men are currently dismounting from the right (far) side of it's long cargo bed.


Next Moves?

Updated tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...92,0.016469&z=17

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:10, Thu 02 Sept 2010.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2049 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 09:24
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #55):

Making sure to the NW corner of the building in between them and the BTR, Dawid continued firing on the enemy's right flank. Even if he couldn't see anyone up and moving he continued suppressive fire to keep their heads down.

"Mariusz, you and Woj go now, get to that building to the north. I'll cover! Mind that BTR."

If the enemy managed to keep working their way west, then that building would block his line of fire. Moving north might put them in the BTR's sights but if they didn't take the risk, they could be outflanked.

"Eagle this is Sunray, displacing north."


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (50/100 + 85)
Left Flank
Covering fire on N enemy group.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:25, Fri 03 Sept 2010.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 927 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 13:31
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Cap'n Rae:
Tucker continues to scan his piece of the pie. An enemy soldier is screaming and moaning out in front of his position. The survivors appear too shocked by their losses to attempt any sort of offensive action. They hide behind their cover and try not to draw attention to themselves.
Next Moves?

"I wish I had a fucking scope on this thing," Tucker thinks to himself hearing the guy out there yelling and screaming.  "Would make it a lot easier to shoot at these guys if they were coming to help him but they're not even budging!  I guess they're waiting for us to get out of here before they even try to think about getting him.  There's got to be someone stupid enough to try," he thinks again as he switches his selector switch to single-shot in case someone does make a move.  "Right's clear for now Minh.  Got one dude out there screaming from a hit.  I'm waiting for the heroes to come out and get 'em."

TUCKER
M-16A2 [30/30] / M-203 [HE] - {SINGLE-SHOT}
H&K SOCOM Pistol [10/12] (Holstered)
Slung Romanian AK-74
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]
[1] Mag 5.56N [12/30] (BDU Pocket)

Salvaged Gear:
Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[19] AK-74 Mags

Center of teams line with Minh, searching for targets

This message was last edited by the player at 13:32, Fri 03 Sept 2010.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 794 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 13:47
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Mariusz nodded at Dawid's shout and said to Woj, "OK, we're running for the Giraffe house. To the left of it is the Lion and Tiger enclosure, if things go bad, the enclosure has a deep moat and underground shelters and tunnels for the animals. It would be a deathtrap for all of us but if it goes bad you might be able to hide there. Once we reach a foothold on the Giraffe house, you cover me while I look for a target."

Mariusz got up and scuttled in a darting crouch toward the giraffe house. He kept looking nervously at the BTR, ready to throw himself down if the turret turned. Once he had found suitable cover he started to look for targets.

Mariusz
AK-74/BG-1 (30?/30 ?/1)

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2050 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 20:41
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Mariusz Tokarski:
Mariusz nodded at Dawid's shout and said to Woj, "OK, we're running for the Giraffe house. To the left of it is the Lion and Tiger enclosure, if things go bad, the enclosure has a deep moat and underground shelters and tunnels for the animals. It would be a deathtrap for all of us but if it goes bad you might be able to hide there. Once we reach a foothold on the Giraffe house, you cover me while I look for a target."



"The BTR should only see you for a short time because of where it is, and it's hard to see out of one of those things. But if it's too long a dash, don't risk it."

"Do either of you have any smoke?"


The BTR was behind the north side of a small building, which limited their arc of fire. Crews were trained to fight buttoned-up and so their view would be further restricted. Presumably they were afraid of the team's potential anti-armour capability although Dawid personally thought they had mostly shot their bolt. Still, they didn't know that, and it maybe meant the crew was going to be more timid.
Craig Sutherland
 player, 206 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 21:49
Re: The Zoo (Continued)


Swivelling the AK-74/BG-30 back and forth across the battlefield in front of his current position, Craig turns towards the noise to the south. Craig had seen the vehicle before and knew how many men it was capable of carrying.

He raises the his rifle slightly higher and aims the 40mm grenade launcher towards the tractor. Once he was happy he pulls the trigger and lowers the rifle. From his prone position he begins firing short bursts towards the drivers side of the cab and the GPMG position on the cab roof.


Dawids Team
Firing on the BTR-80

AK-74/BG-15 (19/30) + 2x30(1/1 HE)+ 1 40mm HE Grenades - held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 0 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) + 5x45 - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade

This message was last edited by the player at 21:51, Fri 03 Sept 2010.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1268 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 22:12
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Watching the PTSM arrive, Bayer's initial thought was of when Wicks was killed. Not these assholes again, he thought.

Then judging the distance and angle, he toggled his radio and dipped down below cover. "Tornado, this is Sunray." he says slowly. "Thor, it's Bayer. Provide precision fire on the enemy threat to the southwest. Infantry dismounting from tracked carrier. Priority support weapons. Over."

When Jan finally gets back into position, he says to him and Warren, "Damn PTS again... could be much worse though... we're still ok here." ...except Ondar who should've known better.

Bayer then levels his rifle towards the disembarking men and aims.

Bayer
Communicating

This message was last edited by the player at 22:14, Fri 03 Sept 2010.

Jan Cerny
 player, 684 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 23:25
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Jan took the opportunity presented by the pause in the incoming fire to put both shoulder straps of Alexei's backpack on, ensuring that it was worn correctly.  He was still encumbered but could move more easily now.

He then focused on the men dismounting from the PTSM amphibious tractor, picked a target who wasn't hidden in too much cover, aimed at him using the 1.5x optical sight mounted on the Steyr and then fired a pair of single shots at his target.

"Konrad," he muttered to his commander beside him.  "Is it time to withdraw before we loose anyone else?"


Jan
Firing an aimed single shot and then a non aimed single shot at a soldier dismounting from the PTSM amphibious tractor.
F88 Steyr AUG (18/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - held
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HEDP - 8x HE, 4x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - holster

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1269 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 23:43
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Jan Cerny:
"Konrad," he muttered to his commander beside him.  "Is it time to withdraw before we loose anyone else?"


"Almost..." Bayer replies over the top of his rifle sight. "Not quite yet though... just a couple more moments."
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1954 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 23:55
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

With Dawid pouring on the covering fire, Mariusz rises to his feet and sprints towards the run-down giraffe building. Time slows down. Any second- each one feeling more like a minute- could bring a killing or maiming bullet, yet there is hardly any incoming fire. He makes it to the relative safety of the giraffe building unscathed and out of breath. It is only then that he notices that he is alone.

Dawid is almost too preoccupied with firing his PKM to notice that Woj has not moved. (Dawid -20 rounds)

Craig takes aim at the distant PTSM and fires a 40mm HE grenade. It arcs over Tucker and Minh's position and disappears from sight near its target. Once again, however, the grenade fails to explode. Nonetheless, the PTSM begins crawling backwards, away from the battle zone. (Craig -1 HE grenade)

With the BTR no longer an immediate threat, Thor and Dieter take the lull in the firing in their sector to reposition themselves to better meet the new threat to the southeast.

Tucker waits for the a hero in the enemy's center group to rush to the aid of the wounded man whose screams continue to echo across the battlefield.

With the smoke starting to clear in front of their position, Konrad, Jan, and Warren see a few fleeting figures moving through the rubble on the far side of the street running along the park's eastern edge. The enemy is using cover and the contours of the ground to their advantage, not presenting much of a target. It looks like the PTSM has dismounted at least a couple fresh squads of enemy troops. A few of them appear to be heading up the street, moving cautiously towards the the burning BMP-2, while others are moving quickly in the other direction, away from the battle zone. They might be attempting to loop around to the southwest to extend the enemy's previous, stalled flanking attempt. As they wait for decent targets, Warren, Jan, and Konrad all hear a deep whoomp emanating from somewhere to the south. It is followed a couple of seconds later by an explosion very close to Tucker's position. It appears that the PTSM has also dropped off a mortar team. Jan squeezes off a couple of rounds to dampen the arriving enemy's enthusiasm but doubts that he hit anyone. (Jan -2 rounds)

The concussion hits the side of Tucker's face like a padded fist, knocking his head backwards and stunning him for a couple of seconds. When the cobwebs clear, he finds himself laying on his back. He reflexively checks himself for wounds and encounters none, although he does find a piece of shrapnel lodged near the crown of his K-pot helmet. Minh is startled by the explosion and a bit shaken by the concussion of the blast, but is less affected than Tucker by the near miss.

The three or four survivors of the enemy's southern flanking group are shouting to their newly arrived comrades who then shout back to the mortar team which, at the moment, is out of sight. It's a primitive system, but the next mortar bomb falls closer to the Konrad, Jan, and Warren. Fortunately, it still falls long eough that no one is injured. It looks like the enemy are trying to walk the mortar bombs back on to the party's southernmost section. A couple of the nearby enemy stick their AKs out from behind cover and squeeze off long burst of "spray and pray" fire.


Next Moves?


Updated Tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...92,0.016469&z=17

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:07, Sat 04 Sept 2010.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1270 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Sat 4 Sep 2010
at 00:08
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Fuck. "Cancel my last Jan." Bayer says dryly. "Tucker?" he shouts over his shoulder.

Foregoing his shot, Bayer dips back down below his cover and gets on the radio again. "Dawid? Sunray. Consolidate your team into a solid covering position and hold firm. Jan's Team and HQ will be withdrawing past your position, leapfrogging... asap. Over."

While he waits for an acknowledgment, Bayer says to Jan and Warren, "We're leaving fellas. But do us a favor first and take out some of those bastards while Dawid readies his team."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:09, Sat 04 Sept 2010.

Minh Quyen
 player, 522 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Sat 4 Sep 2010
at 01:24
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Quyen unburied her face following the impact and immediately looks over to where Tucker was. "Điều đó không cảm thấy tốt." she mutters as she sticks a finger in her paining ear. Noticing Tucker is shook up (at the least), Quyen crawls over to his position.

Batting Tucker's hand away impatiently, she inspects him herself, "Fuck. Lemme do it." she says. "You are ok? Right Sergeant?" Then realizing he wasn't in bad shape, she slouches back against the zoo's cover and says half angrily and half jokingly, "You look like shit but aren't too fucked up I guess. Try harder to stay out of the way of the bullets and bombs Sergeant... I won't tell you again."

Hearing the Hauptmann's call, she yells back, "Shaken but alive."

"Come on, we're not finished here. More guys to kill." she says, holding out her hand.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:34, Sat 04 Sept 2010.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 207 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sat 4 Sep 2010
at 04:39
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

“Shit this is a bad batch.”

Craig says to himself as he ejects the spent case. He then inserts his last HE grenade and lines up the tractor for a second grenade shot. He takes his time hoping to get the grenade on target. He will then fire short bursts at the drivers side cab windows and GPMG position.

Dawids Team
Firing on the tractor

AK-74/BG-15 (19/30) + 2x30(1/1 HE)+ 0 40mm HE Grenades - held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 0 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) + 5x45 - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade
Jan Cerny
 player, 685 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Sat 4 Sep 2010
at 06:03
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"If either of you've got a smoke left then now's the time to use it!" Jan commented to Konrad and Jeff.  He then flicked the selector switch on his rifle to burst and started to fire a series of three round bursts at the remains of the closest enemy infantry squad to the south who were trying to direct the mortar fire onto their position.

With a bit of luck he would hit one or more of them but his real aim was to suppress them and to prevent them from passing on instructions to the mortar crew.  Jan had been trying to save ammo but now seemed to be the time to open up!

"Konrad," he continued to his commander between bursts.  "We'll cover you while you move to Tuck and Quyen's position and organise covering fire for us!  Then when we move we'll head west first a little and then north so we don't cross your field of fire."


Jan
Firing several 3 round bursts at the closest infantry squad to the south in order to prevent them from directing the mortar fire.
F88 Steyr AUG (16/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - held
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HEDP - 8x HE, 4x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - holster

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 208 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Sat 4 Sep 2010
at 15:41
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Calmly, and almost as if he was bored with the whole situation, Thor settled Mjollnir again, lined up the PTS-M through Járngreipr, settled his breathing and squeezed.
Mjollnir ROARED! A slug half an inch across sped over the intervening distance.
Mjollnir ROARED a second time.
Mjollnir ROARED a third time.
And a fourth, then a fifth.

Thor "The Thunderer"
Take up firing position in cover
Aim, then fire at unarmoured PTS-M amphibious carrier x5 rounds
Barret M82A1 ("Mjollnir") (4/10) + 4x10 + 1x6
PM-63 (25/25) + 1x25
H & K USP-9SD, 9mm (15/15) + 3x15
M-26A1 hand grenade, x4
Bayonet/knife
Individual Tactical Radio

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2051 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sat 4 Sep 2010
at 22:30
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Sunray, okay, I will do so. Three minutes."

He turned to Woj. "Fucking come on... we have to move into position."

"Mariusz, fire at those dismounts! Cover us!"


Grabbing the PKM by the carry handle, he took hold of Woj's arm to cajole him along in front of him. "Don't make me kick your ass my friend!"


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (30/100 + 75)
NW Corner of the monkey house.
Moving N to the Giraffe house, moving Woj along in front where he can see him.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 928 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Sun 5 Sep 2010
at 03:36
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Minh Quyen:
Quyen unburied her face following the impact and immediately looks over to where Tucker was. "Điều đó không cảm thấy tốt." she mutters as she sticks a finger in her paining ear. Noticing Tucker is shook up (at the least), Quyen crawls over to his position.

Batting Tucker's hand away impatiently, she inspects him herself, "Fuck. Lemme do it." she says. "You are ok? Right Sergeant?" Then realizing he wasn't in bad shape, she slouches back against the zoo's cover and says half angrily and half jokingly, "You look like shit but aren't too fucked up I guess. Try harder to stay out of the way of the bullets and bombs Sergeant... I won't tell you again."

Hearing the Hauptmann's call, she yells back, "Shaken but alive."

"Come on, we're not finished here. More guys to kill." she says, holding out her hand.

Tucker hits hard when the concussion knocks him down back from where he was positioned.  He hears something, more like someone.  A female someone yelling at him like he remembered as a kid but, the female voice wasn't calling him 'Robert' like his mother did, the female was calling him 'Sergeant'.  He finally opened his eyes and saw that it was Minh talking to him and slapping his hand away from his head.  He gives her a sideways smirk and says to Minh, "Yes Mother!  Who was that calling for me Dad?  Are we leaving yet?"

He starts to get up off of the ground then decides to crawl back over to where he was posted and then tells Minh again, "You can tell me what to do anytime darlin'!  Just point me in the right direction Minh and I should be OK."

TUCKER
M-16A2 [30/30] / M-203 [HE] - {SINGLE-SHOT}
H&K SOCOM Pistol [10/12] (Holstered)
Slung Romanian AK-74
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]
[1] Mag 5.56N [12/30] (BDU Pocket)

Salvaged Gear:
Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[19] AK-74 Mags

Center of teams line with Minh, searching for targets

This message was last edited by the player at 03:38, Sun 05 Sept 2010.

Minh Quyen
 player, 523 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Sun 5 Sep 2010
at 03:57
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"We still got guys out to our front." Quyen says to Tucker. "Let's try to pop of few of them before we get the order to pull back."

Although the survivors in the center we're keeping out of the fight, she'll look in their direction. If anyone is spotted, Quyen will fire a double tap.

Quyen
Firing 2 shots at anyone visible in the center group
AK74 (18/30)
Tucker's position

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 795 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sun 5 Sep 2010
at 08:47
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Mariusz lay as flat as he could in the wreckage of the Giraffe House. He aimed the rifle with the grenade launcher underneath and waited to see some movement from the enemy to his front.

He calmed his breathing and held fire until he was sure of a good shot and then he exhaled, held his breath and waited for his sights to settle on his target. As soon as it did he gently rolled the trigger of the grenade launcher hoping to send explosive death toward the enemy.

Mariusz
AK-74/BG-1 (?/30 ?/1)
Aiming at the enemy
Firing grenade launcher at a viable target

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 929 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Sun 5 Sep 2010
at 13:41
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Minh Quyen:
"We still got guys out to our front." Quyen says to Tucker. "Let's try to pop of few of them before we get the order to pull back."

Although the survivors in the center we're keeping out of the fight, she'll look in their direction. If anyone is spotted, Quyen will fire a double tap.

Quyen
Firing 2 shots at anyone visible in the center group
AK74 (18/30)
Tucker's position

Tucker makes it back to his firing position, pissed off!  "Roger that!  I didn't wanna have to do this but, maybe it'll get their attention and draw some out of cover for  some clean shots.  Keep an eye out out there!"  Tucker goes back and sights in the wounded man on the ground and begins to engage him with single shot fire to see if it will now draw some heroes out to see if that will provide some targets for him and Minh.
Dieter Brandt
 player, 208 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Mon 6 Sep 2010
at 11:58
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Dieter had been too quiet, pinned down by enemy fire. Now that the immediate threat had lessened he adjusted his position and looked to the southeast, where a new threat seemed to be coming from. He took aim with his PSG and opened up, looking to take down as many targets as he could.

Anyone close enough to see his face would see a man lost within his own soul. The realisation that a new friend had died before he had gotten to fully know him was an all too painful experience. With every bullet he fired another small piece of him died. The young man who loved nothing more that lifes simple pleasures was gradually dying, to be replaced by this new creature, born out of this pointless fucking war, that had to do what was needed to survive. The survivors of this war would not be human, but would have evolved into a simple race of monsters whose only desire is to kill.

He refocussed, and carried on with the pointless, endless killing.

Dieter Brandt
In cover, firing on the threat from the southeast.
PSG-1 - 18/20

This message was last edited by the player at 12:01, Mon 06 Sept 2010.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 105 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Tue 7 Sep 2010
at 02:23
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Jeff had been aiming towards the enemy riflemen, and kept his sight picture even as the mortar rounds started to land nearby.  Although he had a smoke grenade clipped to his vest, he chose instead to continue engaging the enemy.  After his first aimed shot, he rattled off as many more single shots as he could.  Any exposed hostile was of equal value at this stage, although a shot at the mortar crew would bring upon the full fury of the years of Special Forces and Covert Ops training he had had.

When Konrad gives him and Jan orders to hold until the support elements could be brought to bear, Jeff tells him "Tell them sooner would be better than later."

Jeff Warren
Engaging Exposed Targets, 1 aimed + several quick single shots
AK-103 w/POSP4x24 [30/30]

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1957 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Wed 8 Sep 2010
at 01:57
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

With very little experience behind a grenade launcher, Mariusz braces himself, crosses his fingers for luck, and pulls the trigger of the borrowed BG-15. There's a click, but nothing happens. He's left lying on the cold concrete rubble, wondering what went wrong. At least the enemy troops don't seem to have spotted him.

Dawid grabs Woj and tugs him towards the giraffe house. Without incoming covering fire to distract them, the surviving enemy quickly turn their attention to the running pair and open fire. Dawid's head snaps back as a bullet hits square in the front of his British-made Kevlar hemlet. He stumbles and falls hard just 10m from the cover he's just left, bullets continuing to hit the thawing ground around him. Woj is slightly luckier. Although bullets are whip-cracking all around him, he remains unhit. He grabs Dawid by his LBE harness and drags him back to their previous position. Dawid is conscious but slightly dazed. The bullet that hit his helmet failed to penetrate the balistic material but the impact gave him a nasty knock nevertheless. It'll take him a few seconds to recover his faculties.

Craig and Thor turn their attention to the slowly withdrawing PTSM. Craig's last 40mm HE grenade explodes about 10m in front of it (it's backing away) but fails to stop it. Thor sends several.50 slugs towards the amphibious tractor, connecting with the last round. The heavy bullet punches into the PTSM's thinly armored hull but also fails to stop it from continuing to pull back. (Thor -5 rounds; Craig -1 40mm HE)

Tucker and Minh both wait for an opportunity to fire at another member of the enemy's already savaged center group. That moment presents itself as the second mortar round explodes close to the trio on the southern end of the group's line. An enemy soldier, drawn by the screams of his wounded comrade, breaks cover and sprints towards him. Minh and Tucker are waiting and they fill the brave soul's body full of lit. He jerks and stumbles from multiple hits before falling hard into the snow where he lies slowly writhing. (Minh -2 rounds; Tucker -3 rounds)

As Warren and Jan shoot up a pair of trees trees each sheltering an enemy rifleman, a third mortar bomb lands several meters behind them. The concussion of the ensuing explosion is enough to lift Warren, Jan, and Konrad an inch or two off the ground. They land hard, somewhat shaken. Jan feels a sting in his left calf and realizes that he must have taken a fragment. Freezing slush and clods of earth rain down all around them. The enemy mortar section appears to have found the range. Once the infantry reinforcements come up, the enemy will be in a good position to roll up the party's right flank. (Jan - 6 rounds; Warren -4 shots)

Dieter picks out one of the enemy dismounts moving north on the far side of the road that runs along the eastern edge of the park. Taking a deep breath and releasing half of it, he coolly and deliberately pulls the trigger. His target continues moving, unaware, it seems, that he is in someone's crosshairs. Dieter calmly lines up another shot and pulls the trigger a second time. The target doubles over and slumps to the pavement. (Dieter -2 shots)


Next Moves?


Updated Tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...7&mid=1284075315

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:38, Thu 09 Sept 2010.