Ch 15: Warsaw (Part II)   Posted by Cap'n Rae.Group: 0
Craig Sutherland
 player, 209 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Wed 8 Sep 2010
at 09:57
Re: The Zoo (Continued)


As the bullets begin to whip around his position Craig realises the most pressing battle of many was to the front. He rolls back to his firing position behind the brick wall and hunkers down. He then begins firing short bursts at the muzzle flashes to the front.

Catching the sight of the figure of Woj dragging Dawid into cover, Craig begins to concentrate fire on the enemy firing on their position.



Dawids Team
Firing on the enemy to the front

AK-74/BG-15 (19/30) + 2x30 (0/0 HE) - held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 0 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) + 5x45 - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade

This message was last edited by the player at 02:15, Sat 11 Sept 2010.

Jan Cerny
 player, 691 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Wed 8 Sep 2010
at 21:36
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Jan reflexly felt for the sting on his left leg and was relieved to discover that it was just a scratch from a grenade fragment.  He tested the leg quickly and found that the wound really wasn't serious and wouldn't impede his movement, which was good news as it was definitely time to relocate.

He saw that Konrad had been driven back to their position by the most recent mortar explosion and that he hadn't managed to rejoin Tuck and Minh yet.  It was time that someone started moving however as the smoke grenade wouldn't provide significant concealment for very much longer and Jan decided that decisive action was needed.

"I'm moving to the rear of that building," he called to Konrad and Jeff, indicating the building Tuck and Minh were dug in at the front of.  "I'll cover you from there!"

With that he ran as quickly as he could, unfortunately encumbered by the backpack he'd picked up from Alexei, for the cover he had pointed out to the others.  He was looking for a solid wall to duck behind and use for cover when he attempted to provide suppressive fire while the others made a break for it.


Jan
Relocating to the rear of the building Tuck and Minh are at the front of, as indicated by the red arrow on the map below.
F88 Steyr AUG (10/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - held
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HEDP - 8x HE, 4x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - holster



Konrad Bayer
 player, 1271 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Wed 8 Sep 2010
at 21:57
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Dawid hadn't radioed back he was ready yet... something had to be wrong.

"Warren go!" Bayer yells from cover. "Tucker Quyen! Fall back now!" Bayer then pops up and fires two rounds at the enemy about a hundred meters away to the southeast.

Bayer
Firing 2 shots at nearest enemy
G36/HK69 (30/30) (1 HEDP)

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 930 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Thu 9 Sep 2010
at 01:37
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Cap'n Rae:
Tucker and Minh both wait for an opportunity to fire at another member of the enemy's already savaged center group. That moment presents itself as the second mortar round explodes close to the trio on the southern end of the group's line. An enemy soldier, drawn by the screams of his wounded comrade, breaks cover and sprints towards him. Minh and Tucker are waiting and they fill the brave soul's body full of lit. He jerks and stumbles from multiple hits before falling hard into the snow where he lies slowly writhing. (Minh -2 rounds; Tucker -3 rounds)
Next Moves?

Robert quickly turns to Minh, "Nice shootin' lady!  I knew they couldn't resist.  Most decent people couldn't!"

Konrad Bayer:
Dawid hadn't radioed back he was ready yet... something had to be wrong.

"Warren go!" Bayer yells from cover. "Tucker Quyen! Fall back now!" Bayer then pops up and fires two rounds at the enemy about a hundred meters away to the southeast.

He looks back at his partner and tells her and indicating with his hand and thumb, "Go Minh!  I'll be right behind you!"  Tucker will fire another quick three [3] rounds at their previous targets and will then get out of their firing position and ten move somewhere else.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [27/30] / M-203 [HE] - {SINGLE-SHOT}
H&K SOCOM Pistol [10/12] (Holstered)
Slung Romanian AK-74
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]
[1] Mag 5.56N [12/30] (BDU Pocket)

Salvaged Gear:
Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[19] AK-74 Mags

Center of teams line with Minh, letting her leave position first then firing another three shots to cover her/their move out of there.  He will follow Minh out to the building she chooses to go to after firing.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:06, Fri 10 Sept 2010.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 106 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Thu 9 Sep 2010
at 02:51
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Warren figured they had the situation in hand, but the addition of the mortar....complicated things.  As such, he didn't mind repositioning in order to keep raising havoc, but not end up at the bottom of a crater.  He displaces along with the others, paying close attention to the sound of the mortar firing.  He hopes to get out of the blast zone before fire for effect is called in.  While he runs, he listens for the Crump of the mortar launching.  As soon as he hears it, he will dive behind the closest cover possible, repeating this until he is obliterated, or makes it to the cover the rest of the team is seeking.


Jeff Warren
Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!
AK-103w/POSP4x24 [26/30]

This message was last edited by the player at 05:10, Fri 10 Sept 2010.

Minh Quyen
 player, 524 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Thu 9 Sep 2010
at 05:20
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker:
"Go Minh!  I'll be right behind you!"


Quyen rises up into a low crouch and sprints west, zig zagging a little. Over her shoulder she shouts, "Come on!"

Once on the sheltered side of the building, she'll wait for Tucker before moving west again. "Over there by the next building... we can wait for Konrad and the others and be out of sight of the mortar."

Quyen
AK74 (16/30)
Withdrawing West

Dieter Brandt
 player, 210 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Thu 9 Sep 2010
at 11:34
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Dieter concentrated on the targets to the north of his position. He continued sniping at any movement there, intending to neutralise the unit that was threatening to flank them.

Between shots he called out, "Mariusz, we need to stop them flanking us! See if you can move north and get a good angle on them, then take them out. They mustn't get around us or we're dead!"

Dieter also strained his ears to listen out for incoming mortars. The last rounds hadn't landed near him, but he wanted to be prepared for them. He shifted his body to bury himself as deep in the dirt as he could. A direct hit would be fatal, but hopefully he could avoid flying debris by staying low.

Dieter Brandt
Sniping targets to the north and issuing orders for Mariusz
PSG-1 - 16/20 rounds
AK-74 - 30/30 slung over shoulder
1x Frag 2x Smoke

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2055 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Thu 9 Sep 2010
at 11:54
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Woj, Mariusz seems to be having difficulty in providing covering fire. It's foolish to go out there now, let's do a bit of covering fire of our own."

"You must fire as well! Come on!"


Propping the PKM on some rubble, he sprayed the offending troops with more suppressive fire.


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (30/100 + 75)
Monkey House
Suppressive Fire

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 215 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Fri 10 Sep 2010
at 04:36
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"FORTY MILL COUNTER FIRE!" Thor yelled out and into his tac radio, almost deafening anyone with a receiver too close to their ear.
Even though he was at the far end of the line, he could tell the mortar shells were wreaking havok. The tube needed to be dealt with immediately by those with the weapons able to do so.
Thor himself was relatively impotent since he didn't have an indirect capable weapon. Given line of sight, he'd have been able to bore a nice neat half inch hole right through the mortar barrel and any of it's crew crazy enough to get in the way.

With little chance of inflicting significant damage on the enemy vehicles, and unable to fire upon the mortar team, Thor sught solice in shooting at targets of opportunity, aiming to take off arms, legs, heads with accurate fifty calibre fire.

Thor "The Thunderer"
Aim, then fire at targets of opportunity (aka people stupid enough to expose themselves)
Barret M82A1 ("Mjollnir") (4/10) + 4x10 + 1x6
PM-63 (25/25) + 1x25
H & K USP-9SD, 9mm (15/15) + 3x15
M-26A1 hand grenade, x4
Bayonet/knife
Individual Tactical Radio

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 797 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Fri 10 Sep 2010
at 11:08
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Mariusz suppressed a curse, Woj seemed to be more of a liability than a help, not firing than giving him a dodgy gun. He looked down the barrel of the grenade launcher to see if there was a round hanging fire in it and then checked the magazine was loaded before reseating it and chambering another round.

Once he was sure the gun would fire he settled it back at his shoulder and aimed toward the last position where he had seen the enemy. The last people to move in his area had been blasted and he had no intention of moving or firing until he had a decent shot.

Mariusz
AK-74/BG-1 (29/30) (0/1)
Aiming at the group of enemy to the north

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1960 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 11 Sep 2010
at 19:19
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

Mariusz looks down the barrel of the BG-15 and sees the shiny conical nose of a 40mm grenade. It's either a dud round or it isn't seated properly. The AK seems to working fine, though.

The four or so enemy on the group's left flank (to the north) seem heartened by their apparent success in stopping Dawid and Woj's move towards the Giraffe house. The are now exposing a little more of themselves in order to aim and fire at the corner where their targets just disappeared. One of them is gesturing and yelling at the building behind which the BTR-80 retired a couple of minutes earlier. This means that Mariusz, still unseen by the enemy, has plenty of nice targets for his rifle.

Woj sprays a few rounds around the corner as Dawid, seemingly unaware of the fact that he'd just cheated death (the pounding in his head should indicate that something's not quite right), sets up his PKM again. Enemy rounds are chipping peices off the corner of the building, spraying stinging bits of conrete at Dawid and Woj. Woj quickly backs away from the corner, trying to drag Dawid back with him. (Woj -5 rounds) Dawid fires off a quick burst as bullets strike all around him. (Dawid - 5 rounds) Woj's attempts to drag Dawid back behind cover impede his ability to continue firing accurately.

"Come on Pio, you've just been shot!"

Just to the south, Dieter is a bit overwhelmed. He's having a hard time knowing which group of enemy troops to focus his attention on. The center group of enemy has nearly been wiped out and are offering little resistance. Enemy reinforcements are cautiously moving towards the central group, though, using the BMP, now belching a steady stream of thick black smoke from its turret, as cover and concealment. Dieter's already killed one of them and they are approaching slowly and methodically now. To the north, four or five enemy soldiers are firing at the northwest corner of the hippo house. Mariusz is too far away to hear Dieter's yell over the prolific gunfire. And then there's the mortar- situated somewhere to the south it seems- which has just found the range on the left flank (to the south) group.

Craig assesses the situation and decides to focus on the reinvigorated enemy to the north. He situates himself behind cover and fires a burst at an enemy shooter. His shots strike the enemy's cover. His target disappears behind said cover, momentarily. (Craig -5 rounds)

Thor focusses on the enemy reinforcement coming up from the south on the far side of the street. It's hard to pick out a good target since the enemy are playing it very cautiously and the smoke of the burning BMP is starting to drift across Thor's line of sight. He spots a target and takes the shot. It's not an easy one but he still manages to score a hit. The man's left arm falls away from his body as it is violently torn off by the supersonic .50 caliber slug. Almost as one, the rest of the enemy coming up across the street stops and goes to ground in the rubble of the shattered apartment blocks directly opposite the park. (Thor -1 round)

Tucker and Minh begin displacing, moving back and to their left to get behind the cover of the ape house. A few rounds try to follow but neither are hit. They make it to cover safely. More fire is coming in from the south, though. Jan and Warren arrive nearby a couple of seconds apart. They hear the explosion of another mortar bomb. Things are unravelling fast.

At the southern end of the group's ragged line, Jan, aware that the next mortar bomb will likely land directly on top of him, rises quickly and runs towards the nearest building. Rounds crack and buzz all around. He feels a hammer blow on his left arm. His vision goes red for a second and clumsily dives behind a big hunk of conrete a few meters from the south wall of the building. He know's right away that the wound is serious. The pain is intense and he's having a hard time moving his arm.

At Konrad's prompting, Warren scrambles up and sprints towards the building. He sees Jan stumble and more or less fall behind cover. Jeff makes the corner of the building unscathed and turns to see his ersatz platoon leader lying on his back on the ground. Minh and Tuck are there as well.

Before Warren gets to his feet to start his run, four or five nearest enemy have devoted their attention to Konrad. The brave German pops from behind his cover and fires a double tap at the enemy soldier straight in front of him. At the same time, several rounds are already on their towards Konrad. He's rocked backwards by a savage kick to the gut before he can see if his quick shots have hit home. He falls hard on his back, gasping for breath. He has the presence of mind to reach up under his kevlar body armor and feel for a wound. His hand comes away dirty and sweaty but showing no traces of blood. If he could breath properly at the moment, he'd heave a sigh of relief. (Konrad -2 rounds)

Almost unnoticed during the last few seconds, a fourth mortar bomb explodes about two dozen meters to the northeast of Konrad's current position. The blast and shrapnel produced by this hit does more damage to the destroyed BMP than it does to its intended targets.

The enemy to the south are shouting now, calling for the reinforcements moving up through the park from the south to come up and help assault through the broken right flank of their wounded prey. There is now a real danger of the enemy rolling up the party's southernmost positions.


Next Moves?


Updated Tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...7&mid=1284233050

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:25, Sat 11 Sept 2010.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 798 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sat 11 Sep 2010
at 19:54
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Mariusz wasn't sure what was going on all around him but he did know that it sounded bad. He focused on the job at hand and aimed carefully at the soldier to the north that was gesticulating wildly.

He hoped that the articulate man was the leader of the section, whoever he was he was now just a target. He braced the gun as solidly as he could and settled the sights on the centre of the man's body mass. He began to breathe out and then held his breath his exhalation and waited for the sights to momentarily settle on the target. He rolled the trigger gently and sent a single round down range.

Mariusz
AK-74/BG-1 (28/30) (?/1)
Firing at the man to the north giving 'orders'

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1272 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Sat 11 Sep 2010
at 20:28
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Still lying on his back, Bayer unclips his radio handset and brings it up to his face. "Sunray." he says before pausing to breathe. "Right flank is withdrawing. Jan, keep your team moving northwest until you are in line with Dawid facing southeast. Everyone else on the left, hold firm and cover."

"...and stop using smoke on our position."

Bayer then rolls over, and begins to move on his hands and knees, providing its low enough to remain protected, towards the south side of the ape house.
Jan Cerny
 player, 695 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Sat 11 Sep 2010
at 22:48
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
The pain in his left arm was intense!  He'd been wounded before, most badly while serving in Rwanda, but you never got used to the pain!  It was bad enough that he totally missed Konrad's orders across the radio as he was focused on his own wound and the pain he was in!  He hadn't gone into shock however and so he had been lucky to some degree!

Pulling himself together however he called across to Tuck, who he had spotted nearby.  "Tuck, I'm hit but ok.  Cover Konrad."  Jan assumed that Jeff would already be providing some covering fire for the Captain but with Tuck and Minh joining in as well it should certainly be substantial.  Jan had no idea however that Konrad had already been hit and had been lucky that his body armour had stopped the round!

Jan then returned to his own predicament.  Picking up his rifle with his right hand from where he had dropped it, he moved a couple of paces further into the cover of the remains of the building he was hiding behind in an attempt to ensure that he was out of the way of any stray rounds.  He then knelt down on the ground, propped his rifle beside himself, and started to examine the wound to his left arm, ripping open the sleeve of his jacket and sweatshirt and attempting to apply a field dressing one handed.  Luckily he was right handed!


Jan
Moving a little further out of the line of fire and then attempting to apply first aid to his own wound one handed!
F88 Steyr AUG (10/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - held
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HEDP - 8x HE, 4x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - holster

OOC - If possible Jan will treat the wound using the Medic Bag that he is carrying rather than his personal med kit.

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 217 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Sun 12 Sep 2010
at 11:19
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Drittsækk!!!"
Thor swore.
"SOMEBODY Shoot mortar med 40 mill!!!"
Those who weren't in immediate earshot could hear his extremely pissed off voice over their radios.

It was exceptionally frustrating for the God of Thunder that we was unable to act himself to neutralise the immediate and deadly threat. It was getting to the point he was seriously considering slapping a fresh mag into Mjollnir and charging the tube alone!

But it wasn't quite that bad yet...

Instead he remained in prone in cover, observing and picking off targets as they presented themselves.

Thor "The Thunderer"
Aim, then fire at targets of opportunity
Screaming out and into his radio to return fire at the mortar with grenade launchers
Barret M82A1 ("Mjollnir") (3/10) + 4x10 + 1x6
PM-63 (25/25) + 1x25
H & K USP-9SD, 9mm (15/15) + 3x15
M-26A1 hand grenade, x4
Bayonet/knife
Individual Tactical Radio

Minh Quyen
 player, 525 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Sun 12 Sep 2010
at 17:19
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Konrad had ordered them to withdraw, but the leader couldn't be left behind. Warren was a bigger person and could help Jan better than she could, "I'm with Tucker to get the Captain. You two keep going before you bleed all over the place."

Quyen will then move into a covered fire position next to Tucker and aim towards the four enemy to the south. Selecting one of the men, she'll fire an aimed shot followed quickly by a second.

Quyen
AK74 (16/30)
Crouched next to Tucker
Firing 1 Aimed/1 Quick

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 107 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Sun 12 Sep 2010
at 17:35
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
When Minh addresses him and then moves off to the Captain, Jeff simply says "Good Luck." although quietly, in an almost sarcastic tone.

He takes up position inside the rubble and begins to fire away at the enemy.  While doing so, he says to Jan without looking "Get that bandage on and then we're moving.  I'll carry you if I need to."

The situation he found himself in wasn't unlike the one he had been in a few days ago with the cavalry unit when he had been first ambushed.  They had killed 60 of them then, another 20 now was nothing.


Jeff Warren
Firing at southern group(s) from ape house rubble
AK-103w/POSP4x24 [26/30]

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 932 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Sun 12 Sep 2010
at 22:01
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Minh Quyen:
Konrad had ordered them to withdraw, but the leader couldn't be left behind. Warren was a bigger person and could help Jan better than she could, "I'm with Tucker to get the Captain. You two keep going before you bleed all over the place."

Quyen will then move into a covered fire position next to Tucker and aim towards the four enemy to the south. Selecting one of the men, she'll fire an aimed shot followed quickly by a second.

Tucker hears the move and cover orders coming in from Konrad and Jan and then sees Minh fall in next to him.  Without too much thought and seeing what's going on with Konrad's situation, Tucker shoulders his M-16A2/M-203 combo and yells out to everyone around, "ROUND OUT!"

Tucker fires a HE round from his grenade launcher at the concentration of four troops that are pinning Konrad down with fire.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [27/30] / M-203 [HE] - {SINGLE-SHOT}
H&K SOCOM Pistol [10/12] (Holstered)
Slung Romanian AK-74
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]
[1] Mag 5.56N [12/30] (BDU Pocket)

Salvaged Gear:
Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[19] AK-74 Mags
Firing a HE round at the concentration of [4] troops that are pinning Konrad down with fire

Craig Sutherland
 player, 210 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Mon 13 Sep 2010
at 00:47
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

Craig waits for his intended target to show himself again. He then fires a three round burst at him or anyone else who shows themselves.

Then keeping low and trying to find as much cover as possible Craig will begin to move towards the corner of the hippo house in a low crawl and then on to Dawids position. Dropping if fired upon or if he hears an incoming mortar round.


Dawids Team
Firing on the enemy to the front

AK-74/BG-15 (14/30) + 2x30 (0/0 HE) - held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 0 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) + 5x45 - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade

This message was last edited by the player at 00:48, Mon 13 Sept 2010.

Dieter Brandt
 player, 212 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Mon 13 Sep 2010
at 11:18
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Dieter's call to Mariusz had gotten lost in the general cacophony of noise that the zoo had descended into. He heard part of Konrad's barked message over the radio, but couldn't get all of the detail. Something about those to the south falling back...

He refocussed his efforts on the squad to the north, whom he had spotted moments ago. He took aim with his PSG-1 and started to snipe at any target stupid enough to present a fleshy target.

Thankfully the mortar rounds weren't landing too close to him, for now. He quickly glanced over in the direction of where he thought the mortar rounds were coming from, seeing if he could spot signs of it's location.

Dieter Brandt
Sniping targets to the north and then quickly looking for signs of the mortar team
PSG-1 - 16/20 rounds
AK-74 - 30/30 slung over shoulder
1x Frag 2x Smoke

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1965 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Mon 13 Sep 2010
at 23:52
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

Mariusz takes aim at the man he believes to be an enemy officer and fires. The bullets strikes near the man but fails to hit him. A second shot also misses. The man notices the incoming fire, however, and he stops his gesticulating. (Mariusz -2 rounds)

Opening fire has drawn some attention. Fortunately for Mariusz, Craig and Dieter have better skill (or luck, depending on how you look at it) at marksmanship. One of the bullets in Craig's latest burst strikes an enemy shooter in the head, killing him instantly. Dieter also scores a headshot on a different target, scattering the man's grey matter on the snow around him. (Craig -5 rounds; Dieter -1)

There are now only two or three enemy effectives in the northern group.

Woj and Dawid (NPCed) have gone from attracting a hail-storm of enemy fire to drawing none whatsoever. They edge back towards the NW corner of the hippo house. Peeking around the corner, they see that not all is well.

The BTR reemerges from behind the roadside building to the NE. It's left front tire is shredded and still smouldering. It is obviously still operational. The turret starts turning towards the hippo house...

Thor, meanwhile, continues looking for targets among the enemy moving up through the rubble approaching the burning BMP. Having lost two of their number to sniper fire, the enemy are keeping low, using cover and the terrain to mask their revised, more deliberate, slow-paced approach. Thor does not acquire a suitable target [this round].

To the south, around the primate house, Warren, Tucker, and Minh provide the crawling Konrad with cover fire. A flurry of outgoing bullets and Tucker's 40mm HE grenade hinders the enemy enough to lessen the volume and accuracy of their fire, but fails to produce any obvious casualties. Konrad, still in considerable discomfort, manages to reach the primate house unscathed. Besides the ache in his abdominal muscles, only his pride is wounded. (Warren -5 rounds, Minh -2 rounds, Tucker -1 40mm HE)

Jan, meanwhile, examines his wounded arm. It's a relatively clean through-and-through. Fortunately, there appears to be no damage to the bone, but the bullet (likely 5.45mm ball) has passed through and damaged both his tricep and bicep, making it hard to do much of anything with the arm. Luckily, the bullet does not appear to have tumbled too much as both the entrance and exit wounds are about the same, relatively neat shape and size. He tears open a med-kit with his teeth and tightly bandages the wound with his good hand.

The enemy reinforcements can now be seen advancing towards their comrades immediately to the south of the primate house. Their friend's over-enthusiasm has worked to your advantage, bringing them directly towards you instead of allowing them to continue to hook around to the southwest to hit you from behind.

The mortar has gone quiet after its last, errant shot. It's not clear whether the crew is waiting for updated corrections, has run out of ammunition, is dispacing, or something else. All you know, is that you've been granted a temporary respite.


Next Moves?


Updated tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...7&mid=1284422048

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:57, Mon 13 Sept 2010.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2056 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Tue 14 Sep 2010
at 05:01
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Incoming fire! Get your head down!"

Shaking his head in denial Dawid checked himself over and didn't find any wound. He replied to Woj, "what? Shot? That's crazy talk! I was waiting for Mariusz to start covering fire for us, and when he didn't, I started firing until you dragged me back just now."

Something wasn't adding up there, but there was no time to decipher what was going on. Too much confusion, and the door seemed to be slammed shut with the appearance of the BTR.

"Eagle to Sunray... the men on the north flank fight as if possessed by the spirits of the Waffen SS. There is also a functional BTR pinning us down. Suggest strongly we withdraw west, then north."

Maybe the Baron's men would call it a night. One never knew, even these superhuman fanatics must have their breaking point. As he talked he attached the remains of one belt onto the other, then put the combined belt into a can and attached the can to the PKM. Slamming down the cover to the receiver, he pulled back the charging handle.


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (90/100)
Monkey House
Changing belts.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:36, Tue 14 Sept 2010.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 211 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Tue 14 Sep 2010
at 09:41
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

Craig had moved slightly on his course to the hippo house just as the APC edged forward.

“Shite”

As he ducked back down behind cover as he rolls the RPG on it's sling into a firing position and rises slightly above the brick rubble wall. Squinting as he acquires the target he lets out a slow breath. Once he is happy with the shot he fires the RPG and ducks back behind the cover. He felt bad using the last of the teams anti-armour weapons but the door need to be kicked open there was no other route.

"This time."

Craig mutters to himself as he hunkers down facing west, his rifle at his shoulder.

Dawids Team
Firing on the BTR-80

AK-74/BG-15 (09/30) + 2x30 (0/0 HE) - held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 0 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) + 5x45 - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 799 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Tue 14 Sep 2010
at 11:48
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Mariusz heard Dawid's yell and realised that all his shots had done was alert the leader that he was exposed. He was glad that others in his team were better shots.

He heard Dawid's yell and checked teh BTR which seemed to be aiming at the hippo house rather than at him. Still, no one ever got old on assumptions and he started to crawl backward whilst keeping his rifle toward the enemy. His eventual aim was to get behind the Giraffe house on it's short end where it faced the moat of the Lion enclosure and work his way to the corner to see if he had a shot.

That, of course aasumed he didn't get riddled with bullets in the mean time.

Mariusz
AK-74/BG-1 (27/30)
Crawling backwards to the end of the giraffe house

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1273 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Tue 14 Sep 2010
at 15:58
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
"Eagle to Sunray... the men on the north flank fight as if possessed by the spirits of the Waffen SS. There is also a functional BTR pinning us down. Suggest strongly we withdraw west, then north."


"Had a delay. Wait, over." Bayer gasps into the hanset.

Then leaning up against the sheltered side of the animal house, he waits a second until Jan is finished wrapping his arm and says, "Another bound. Keep moving back. The next structure."

He then speaks into the radio again, "Dawid, move your forward men back in line with you. We'll be lined up on your right in the next bound."

"Ok." he signals to Jan's team, "Go."