Ch 15: Warsaw (Part II)   Posted by Cap'n Rae.Group: 0
Jan Cerny
 player, 696 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Tue 14 Sep 2010
at 17:01
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Jeff D. Warren:
He takes up position inside the rubble and begins to fire away at the enemy.  While doing so, he says to Jan without looking "Get that bandage on and then we're moving.  I'll carry you if I need to."


"Coup au bras.  Je peux courir mais pas tirer," called Jan in reply to Jeff through clenched teeth.  It took him a few seconds to realise that he had answered in French rather than English.  He quickly answered in English this time.  "It's just my arm.  My legs are working but I can't fire my rifle."

Finishing tying off the bandage around his arm Jan then slung the sling of his Steyr over his shoulder and drew his pistol.  It was painful to chamber a round in his pistol but Jan forced himself to do it and to take the pain that shot up his left arm as he gripped the slide of his pistol with his left hand.

At Konrad's signal Jan then set out, going West initially, looking to pass behind the Hippo house and then heading towards the building to the south west of it.  With his wounded left arm and the backpack he was carrying Jan was probably going to be the slowest member of the team now so he led the way initially, looking to put some distance between himself and the enemy soldiers.

He tried to keep himself focused on the task at hand.  There weren't enough of them in the team for someone to have to support him while they evaded the enemy.  He would have to keep himself moving so the others could all fight!  He kept himself low as he moved as someone was firing somewhere in the vicinity of the Hippo house.


Jan
Finishing putting the bandage on left arm, drawing his pistol, chambering a round and then heading west - see the map below for route (the red arrows indicate Jan's intended route - I'm not sure how far he can get in one turn).
F88 Steyr AUG (10/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - slung on shoulder
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HEDP - 8x HE, 4x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - held




Note: According to a very helpful friend of mine "Coup au bras.  Je peux courir mais pas tirer," should mean "I've been hit in the arm.  I can run but I can't shoot!"
Dieter Brandt
 player, 214 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Wed 15 Sep 2010
at 11:27
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Doing his best to ignore the maelstrom of noise arond him, Dieter concentrated on the small squad of enemy soldiers to the north. By his estimate there were only 2 or 3 effectives there now, and he wanted to neutralise them quickly to provide an escape route for his colleagues. He looked back through the scope and selected new targets, aiming to take them out.

Dieter Brandt
Sniping targets to the north
PSG-1 - 15/20 rounds
AK-74 - 30/30 slung over shoulder
1x Frag 2x Smoke

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 224 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Wed 15 Sep 2010
at 15:17
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
The reappearance of the BTR was a slightly more pressing issue than dismantling infantrymen. Swinging the heavy barrel of Mjollnir around, Thor carefully aimed low on the armoured beast, resigned to the fact his hammer had little chance of penetrating it's scales. Instead he focused on immobilising it with shots to it's legs.

Thor "The Thunderer"
Targeting BTR suspension with an aimed shot
Barret M82A1 ("Mjollnir") (2/10) + 4x10 + 1x6
PM-63 (25/25) + 1x25
H & K USP-9SD, 9mm (15/15) + 3x15
M-26A1 hand grenade, x4
Bayonet/knife
Individual Tactical Radio

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 933 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Thu 16 Sep 2010
at 00:45
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Tucker leans back in to cover as Konrad makes his way back and switches his grip to engage targets with the M-16A2 now.  He keeps his setting on dingle-shot and goes for any targets while the others follow Bayer's order to move out.  Tuck is obviously providing cover so that the others to move.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [27/30] / M-203 [HE] - {SINGLE-SHOT}
H&K SOCOM Pistol [10/12] (Holstered)
Slung Romanian AK-74
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]
[1] Mag 5.56N [12/30] (BDU Pocket)

Salvaged Gear:
Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[19] AK-74 Mags

Engaging threats with single-shot fire while the others in the group displace

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2058 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Thu 16 Sep 2010
at 01:01
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Roger, Sunray!" replied Dawid on the radio.

He called out, "Thor, Dieter, pull back now to abreast of my position! BTR is targeting you!"

Dawid Piotrowski

PKM (95/100)
NW Corner of Hippo House
Telling orders, moving back behind corner of building.

OOC: it's hard to tell, but I think Dawid and Woj are out of the BTR's line of fire. If not, they move back.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:05, Thu 16 Sept 2010.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 109 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Thu 16 Sep 2010
at 01:17
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Seeing that Jan was dealing with himself, Jeff took it upon himself to move up.  As per Konrad's instructions, he moves to the ruins of the building to his direct West.  Under covering fire from the other, he sprints across, and attempts to get into position to return the favor.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:21, Thu 16 Sept 2010.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1967 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Thu 16 Sep 2010
at 02:04
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

The BTR has emerged from behind the roadside building to the northeast. Only the front third is visible. It's main gun opens fire on the northwest corner of the Hippo house, tearing great chunks out of the remnants of its battered wall. Fortunately, both Dawid and Woj are well back and neither are hit by the direct fire nor the concrete shrapnel that it produces. Craig feels that he simply can't wait to take the shot on the off chance that the BTR will advance any further. He takes steady aim and pulls the trigger on the RPG-16, sending his last HEAT rocket spiralling towards the Soviet-made APC. It strikes flush on the hull directly below the turret where it detonates in a brilliant orange fireball. When the greyish smoke of the explosion clears, you can cleary see flames and black smoke pouring out of the BTR's side hatch, which now hangs slightly ajar on its hinges. It's a certain kill. [Craig -1 RPG HEAT]

As Craig was firing the last of the RPG rockets, Thor was lining up his own shot at the APC. Attempting to hit its second forward wheel (the first was damaged by a 40mm HEDP round), he skips a bullet off the ground a couple of meters short of the target. It ricochets into the hull of the BTR just a second or two before the rocket strikes, effectively destroying it. If he didn't know better, Thor might have thought that it was his bolt had just killed the angry dragon. [Thor -1 round]

Moments before Craig accounts for the last of the enemy's armor (at least that present at the battle), Dieter tops another enemy rifleman in the northern group with his second head shot in as many attempts. The man's lifeless- and mostly headless- body lies slumped behind a tree stump. Only one enemy from the northern flanking group remain unscathed and he lies curled up behind his narrow cover, offering no resistance at the moment and probably hoping none of his antogonists will notice him. [Dieter -1 round]

To the south, the Konrad attempts to coordinate his team's orderly withdrawal from the Primate House. As Tucker and Minh [NPCed] fire cover, Warren sprints towards the buildings to the west, followed by Jan. Unaimed fire is hastily directed thier way but they both make it to cover unscathed. Every step sends a wave of pain up Jan's arm. He can only imagine with some dread the pain that he'll feel when his adrenaline levels start to drop. Tucker puts a bullet through the face of one of the nearer enemy rifleman, reducing the more accurate incoming fire. The enemy reinforcements will soon be close enough to seriously hinder any movement to the west, although the wall of the primate house would likely cover a withdrawal to the north, towards the hippo house. The enemy squad appears to be taking up positions in the remains of the zoo's aviary. [Tucker -2 rounds; Minh -5 rounds]

As if to emphasize the danger of the party's currect position in the shadow of the Primate House, a mortar bomb explodes inside a roofless section of the building. The crumbling walls, once rather sturdy, absorb most of the shrapnel thrown out by the blast but hunks of concrete debris still rain down on the party. Fortunately, none of the hunks are large enough to do any damage. It's a close call. The mortar has found the range.


Next Moves?


Updated tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...7&mid=1284600655

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:28, Thu 16 Sept 2010.

Dieter Brandt
 player, 216 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Thu 16 Sep 2010
at 07:40
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
As the bullet from his PSG-1 past effortlessly through the poor man's skull, ripping a hole in the back of his head and visciously pulling the brain matter with it as it carried on it's journey, Dieter smiled to himself. It was not a happy smile, more a sense of satisfaction from a dirty job done well. From what he could see there was only one soldier left to the north, and he seemed to be unwilling to fight, more concerned about cowering under the cover he could find. Dieter thought about sending an extra slug his way, but what was the point. The man had probably already shit his pants and was no threat, for now.

At that moment a mortar round fell from the sky onto the remnants of the primate house, showering Dieter with mud and debris. Fortunately nothing to do damage, but a bleak reminder that they were far from safe. The BTR was no longer a threat to the west of him so the threat on his flank was much reduced. He made a decision... time to move.

Scrambling off the floor he ran as fast as he could, heading northwest towards the giraffe house. His intention was to get there as quickly as possible and then find good cover. He would then look to the west and southwest to assess the threats there through his scope, looking for possible targets. He would then provide covering fire for the others.

Dieter Brandt
Moving quickly to NW to find cover in the giraffe house where he can provide cover fire to S and SW
PSG-1 - 14/20 rounds
AK-74 - 30/30 slung over shoulder
1x Frag 2x Smoke

Craig Sutherland
 player, 213 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Thu 16 Sep 2010
at 09:05
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

From behind the protection of the brick wall Craig heard the grenade strike home and the dull crack as the round punched through. Craig watched the APC as he moved over the wall with his rifle at his shoulder. His position had been compromised for several minutes it was time to move. He used his radio to alert the rest of the team:

”All call signs this is Lighting-4, be advised northern route is open, APC is neutralized.”

Craig moved as fast as he could with his injured leg. He kept his rifle at his shoulder sweeping left to right, ready to fire on any targets that presented themselves. He was moving towards the Giraffe house unsure if Mariusz was unhurt.


Dawids Team
Moving north

AK-74/BG-15 (09/30) + 2x30 (0/0 HE) - held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 0 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) + 5x45 - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1274 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Thu 16 Sep 2010
at 17:01
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Keep going." ushers Bayer, still reeling from the bullet impact. As he falls back, he toggles his radio, "Dawid. Keep them bounding back."

Rae, was the map updated to show the last turns movements?
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 800 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Thu 16 Sep 2010
at 17:35
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Once Mariusz had crawled back out of sight of the enemy, he stood up and turned around, running to the end of the Giraffe house before crouching again and checking the short end of the building was clear of the enemy.

Mariusz
AK-74 (27/30) (?/1)
Peeking around the western corner of the Giraffe house

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 934 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Thu 16 Sep 2010
at 22:22
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Cap'n Rae:
To the south, the Konrad attempts to coordinate his team's orderly withdrawal from the Primate House. As Tucker fires cover, Warren sprints towards the building to the west. Unaimed fire is hastily directed his way but he makes it unscathed. Tucker puts a bullet through the face of one of the nearer enemy rifleman, reducing the more accurate incoming fire. The enemy reinforcements will soon be close enough to seriously hinder any movement to the west, although the wall of the primate house would likely cover a withdrawal to the north, towards the hippo house. The enemy squad appears to be taking up positions in the remains of the zoo's aviary. [Tucker -2 rounds]

Next Moves?

Tucker opens the breach for his M-203 launcher and drops the expended HE round that he had fired and reaches into his grenadier's vest and pulls out another HE round and closes the breach foward.  Before he makes his next move back with the others, he plans on taking a final shot at the zoo's aviary where it looks like the remains of the troops are gathering.  "ROUND OUT!"

TUCKER
M-16A2 [25/30] / M-203 [HE] - {SINGLE-SHOT}
H&K SOCOM Pistol [10/12] (Holstered)
Slung Romanian AK-74
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]
[1] Mag 5.56N [12/30] (BDU Pocket)

Salvaged Gear:
Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[19] AK-74 Mags

Loading 40mm HE round to shoot at bird aviary

This message was last edited by the player at 22:23, Thu 16 Sept 2010.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2059 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Fri 17 Sep 2010
at 12:54
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
In reply to Konrad Bayer (msg #112):

It was a good RPG shot, the driver, gunner and commander were all in the front of the APC and blowing off the nose would kill or injure them all. God willing. The fire had slackened off from the group flanking to the north, hopefully this time they had their heads down but one never knew!

Over the radio, Dawid answered, "confirm, BTR on left flank to the north is knocked out. Will keep going north, towards the Monkey, ah sorry, Giraffe House." Shit, he couldn't remember which was which anymore.

Remembering that Dieter and Thor had radios, he transmitted, "Tornado units, this is Eagle, you are instructed to move North to the Giraffe House now!"

Fuck it, if the Baron had a signals intelligence detachment it wouldn't surprise him but he didn't know where Dieter and Thor were and they had to move, and move quickly. Those mortar shells sounded like the trumps of doom to him.

"Moving!" he yelled in English, so that maybe Mariusz would hear and provide covering fire.


Dawid Piotrowski

PKM (90/100)
Hippo House
Moving to Giraffe House

This message was last edited by the player at 12:55, Fri 17 Sept 2010.

Jan Cerny
 player, 701 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Fri 17 Sep 2010
at 17:06
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Having made it to the first building with Jeff, Jan took a few deep breaths in an attempt to control the pain from his arm before he continued moving westwards.  He ran for the building to the west of the Hippo House in the hope that that was obscured from any enemy fire.  He had heard transmissions from both Craig and Dawid that it was clear to the north but he had lost track a little of layout of the battle.

He wasn't sure even roughly where people where or what direction Konrad wanted to head in but westwards seemed to be a good idea at present as there was still firing to the south and he knew that the enemy had come from the east.  He also heard the impact of another mortar round somewhere behind him and that spurred him on.


Jan
Continuing to move westwards, aiming for the building to the west of the Hippo House.
F88 Steyr AUG (10/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - slung on shoulder
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HEDP - 8x HE, 4x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - held

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 227 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Sat 18 Sep 2010
at 15:19
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Thor held his position while Dieter ran, choosing that moment to replace his almost empty magazine with a full one and continuing to observe the enemy.
A glance behind to confirm there were several people ready to provide cover and Thor rolled to the side, hauled himself to his feet, and lumbered westwards to the remains of an animal enclosure and his next covered fire position.

Thor "The Thunderer"
Reloading
Moving as fast as possible
Barret M82A1 ("Mjollnir") (11/10) + 3x10 + 1x6, 1x1
PM-63 (25/25) + 1x25
H & K USP-9SD, 9mm (15/15) + 3x15
M-26A1 hand grenade, x4
Bayonet/knife
Individual Tactical Radio

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1968 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 18 Sep 2010
at 18:44
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

Having blasted a hole in the enemy positions to the north, the party begins a fighting withdrawal away from the concentration of enemy troops (and the mortar) to the south.

Dawid and Woj rise up and leave the cover of the Primate House, running towards the Giraffe house. Mariusz is waiting there for them in the lee of the western wall, having made sure no enemy wait on the far side of the building. They make it safely.

Dieter is hot on their heals. He rises and sprints towards the Giraffe House. He can hear the sound of gunfire but not the buzz or snap of close incoming fire. He makes it to the Giraffe house just a couple of seconds after Dawid and Woj.

Craig is next to join them. A couple of enemy troops to the east (central group) have resumed firing and bullets are striking near him as he runs. Craig arrives in one piece but the wound in the back of his thigh is throbbing with pain and he can feel a wet trickle of blood running down the back of his leg.

Thor also moves towards cover, heading due west towards the Primate House. A few bullets buzz past, colliding in puffs of smoke with its broken walls. He gets behind cover- a section of the enclosure wall- which gives him a view of the eastern hemisphere of the battlefield (roughly from the burning BTR to the burning BMP). He also has easy access to the sheltered withdrawal route behind the primate house. Looking east, northeast, Thor sees more enemy troops coming up via the road down which the first damaged BTR pulled back. They are similar in appearance to the other Ukranian troops you've been battling for the last half-an-hour or so.

To the south, Konrad and Minh move towards the Primate House using the Hippo House as cover and concealment. Tucker takes a moment to give the enemy reinforcements coming up from the south. He deftly puts a 40mm HE grenade into the remains of the Aviary, hopefully doing some damage to its current human occupants. As soon as he sees the grenade explode on target, Tucker turns and runs north along the Hippo House wall. Just as he's about to reach the far corner, another mortar bomb explodes just inside the wall a mere two or three meters from Tucker's position. The wall buckles outwards and collapses in a cloud of dust and smoke. Tucker's caught in the avalanche. The next thing he knows, he's lying in a heap of rubble, half-burried under building debris. Amazingly, except from some scratches and soon-to-be bruises, he's unhurt. The rubble atop him is neither too thick nor too heavy to prevent him from digging himself out. (Tucker -1 40mm HE)

To the west of the Hippo house, Jan and Warren are in a position that will allow them to either continue putting fire on the enemy force to the south or to withdraw to the north concealed from them. Jan's wound is painful. Blood is still seeping through the bandage from the large exit wound in his bicep.


Next Moves?


Updated tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...7&mid=1284835780

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:58, Sat 18 Sept 2010.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 110 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Sat 18 Sep 2010
at 21:37
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Jeff realized that they needed to slow the southern group's advance if they were going to get away in time.  Seeing this, he carefully aimed at exposed troops in the south, before unleashing two pairs of single shots at any and all targets he could.  Wounding is best, killing is alright, slowing is acceptable.


Jeff Warren
1 aimed shot + 3 quick shots, 2 targets.
AK-103 w/POSP4x24 (21/30)

Minh Quyen
 player, 527 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Sun 19 Sep 2010
at 00:21
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Kneeling next to the sheltered side of the ape house, Quyen removes the magazine from her rifle and inserts a new one. Following the last mortar hit, she looks around the corner to where Tucker was nearly buried.

As the dust clears her eyes widen, until he he shows movement and looks to be unhurt. Relieved, she then yells, "Dammit Sergeant Tucker! That's what I'm talking about! Stop fooling around in the rubble and get over here!"


Quyen
Reloading/waiting for the everyone else

Craig Sutherland
 player, 214 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sun 19 Sep 2010
at 00:58
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

Once down in the relative cover of the brick structure Craig looks down at his leg as he changed the magazine in his rifle. “No time” he thought to himself. Once behind solid cover facing the threat from the east (central group) Craig will begin firing short bursts.

He tried to favour his other leg as he he aimed towards the advancing troops.

”Anyone got any spare 40mm.

He asks over the rapid firing of his AK.

Dawids Team
Firing on the southern troops
Giraffe House

AK-74/BG-15 (30/30) + 1x30 (0/0 HE) - held at shoulder
RPG-7D (0/1 HEAT) + 0 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) + 5x45 - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1275 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Sun 19 Sep 2010
at 01:26
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Bayer kneels next to Quyen and shouts over to Jan and Warren, pointing to the structure to (their) northwest, "Move again."

Bayer then looks behind him, a few hundred meters beyond Dawid's team, he could make out a large structure. Speaking into his radio, he says, "Dawid. That building to your northwest. Can you get your team to it and hold? We got a delay here. Over."
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2062 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sun 19 Sep 2010
at 09:50
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Okay, Sunray, see you there! Note, more reinforcements coming down the NE road."

Dawid felt a bitter amusement at their predicament. No time to dwell on that now!

"Mariusz, Woj, Dieter, Craig, on me now! Now!" He waved everyone over. "Mariusz, give some 40mm grenades to Craig. Give the other spare belt to me." He passed over the empty ammo can for the full one, eying Craig's wounded leg. "How bad is that? Can we patch it up later?"

"We are moving to that building to our northwest." Dawid pointed it out for reference, but kept his head down for prudence's sake. "We will move in 2 bounds. Craig, you will take Dieter and Woj and go first. Mariusz and I will cover you. Signal us when you get there, then cover our bound. If I am killed, Craig is in charge. Let's move quickly, go!"


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (90/100 + 100)
NE Corner, Giraffe House

Giving orders. He also plans on using covering fire to suppress the reinforcements moving west along the boulevard, and have Maruisz keep an eye on any remaining survivors in the building to their NE.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 215 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sun 19 Sep 2010
at 10:25
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
"Okay, Sunray, see you there! Note, more reinforcements coming down the NE road."

Dawid felt a bitter amusement at their predicament. No time to dwell on that now!

"Mariusz, Woj, Dieter, Craig, on me now! Now!" He waved everyone over. "Mariusz, give some 40mm grenades to Craig. Give the other spare belt to me." He passed over the empty ammo can for the full one, eying Craig's wounded leg. "How bad is that? Can we patch it up later?"

"We are moving to that building to our northwest." Dawid pointed it out for reference, but kept his head down for prudence's sake. "We will move in 2 bounds. Craig, you will take Dieter and Woj and go first. Mariusz and I will cover you. Signal us when you get there, then cover our bound. If I am killed, Craig is in charge. Let's move quickly, go!"


Craig turned as he was raising his rifle to begin firing. He shuffled closer to Dawid but kept his rifle facing towards the enemy. At the question about his leg Craig replies:

"If it doesn't fall off I can keep moving."

He takes the offered grenades and puts them in one of the large front ammo pouches on his PLCE. He then moves with Woj and Dieter to the far side of the building and on the commencement of cover fire runs as fast as he can with his leg to the next suitable cover.
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 801 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sun 19 Sep 2010
at 18:22
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Mariusz handed over the ammo and then said, "Woj has the 40mm grenades, he didn't give them to me and I forgot to ask. There's a hangfire in teh grenade launcher I don't know how to clear, I haven't used the BG-1 before and I'm reluctant to fiddle with it."

He took up position to cover the men moving forward.

Mariusz
AK-74 27/30
BG-1 ?/1
Covering the forward leap

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 935 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Mon 20 Sep 2010
at 02:18
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Cap'n Rae:
To the south, Konrad and Minh move towards the Primate House using the Hippo House as cover and concealment. Tucker takes a moment to give the enemy reinforcements coming up from the south. He deftly puts a 40mm HE grenade into the remains of the Aviary, hopefully doing some damage to its current human occupants. As soon as he sees the grenade explode on target, Tucker turns and runs north along the Hippo House wall. Just as he's about to reach the far corner, another mortar bomb explodes just inside the wall a mere two or three meters from Tucker's position. The wall buckles outwards and collapses in a cloud of dust and smoke. Tucker's caught in the avalanche. The next thing he knows, he's lying in a heap of rubble, half-burried under building debris. Amazingly, except from some scratches and soon-to-be bruises, he's unhurt. The rubble atop him is neither too thick nor too heavy to prevent him from digging himself out. (Tucker -1 40mm HE)

Next Moves?

When the round hits and there's an explosion, Tucker tries his best to cover up his exposed face from the debris, and smoke.  He lays there for a second as he tries to convince his body to get up and move and that he isn't dead, yet!  He begins to move his arms and legs trying to move away the rocks and rubble burring him as he also wants to get the dust and dirt out of his lungs, nose, and mouth.


Minh Quyen:
Kneeling next to the sheltered side of the ape house, Quyen removes the magazine from her rifle and inserts a new one. Following the last mortar hit, she looks around the corner to where Tucker was nearly buried.

As the dust clears her eyes widen, until he he shows movement and looks to be unhurt. Relieved, she then yells, "Dammit Sergeant Tucker! That's what I'm talking about! Stop fooling around in the rubble and get over here!"

As he attempts to get from underneath the fallen wall, he hears a familiar femal voice calling for him.  "<cough, cough> I'm over here, <cough> Mother!  Give me a <cough> minute or fuckin' help me!"

TUCKER
Trying to dig himself out of rubble

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2063 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Mon 20 Sep 2010
at 06:47
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
In reply to Mariusz Tokarski (msg #125):

Understood," pass off your forty-mil to Craig and let's make this happen! Good luck and may God go with you, leftenant, Woj, Dieter."

"Mariusz, keep an eye on those buggers that was firing on us before, and look for snipers. We know they have sharpshooters!"
He pointed out the building where (unbeknown to him) Mariusz had singlehandedly chopped the group flanking them to the NE into pieces.

Crossing himself for luck, he set up the PKM and commenced firing on the reinforcements moving up to the east. Even if he didn't hit anyone they would be forced to go to ground, slowing them for crucial minutes or even deciding to withdraw or flank around.


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (90/100 + 100)

NE Corner, Giraffe House

Giving orders.
Covering Fire, PKM at the reinforcements moving west down the road to the east.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:21, Mon 20 Sept 2010.